2. Macau hotel reviews
  3. Macau hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Grand Emperor Hotel

Reviews of Grand Emperor Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

No. 288 Avenida Comercial De Macau, Macau, Macau

#28 of 71 hotels in Macau

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Generally the hotel location and facilities are good only that this time I did not have goodies.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

I was assigned a room without bath tub. The 1st time I stayed in this hotel and had a room with bath tub which I & my friend can relax after a day of tire shopping and sightseeing. This time round I was not given free daily high tea vouchers which I had for my 1st stay.

everything seem very good except this time round

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Good size rooms, well equipped, excellent common areas,...
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

There was nothing that I didnt like.

Good size rooms, well equipped, excellent common areas, would have liked a dance bar though Bar 21 - Live band and cheap drinks on the Monday and Tuesday nights that I was there.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Felt like a King
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

None, other than the too much crowded lobby with guests. My entire stay was pleasant and enjoyable.

Everything from the airport shuttle pick up, check in and check out experience hotel staff were truly trained of valuing and treating guests so special. I commend the front desk staffs who are ready to assist and answer your queries. Moreover, the morning breakfast buffet was a banquet, with a wide selection of food to choose from. They were exquisitely cooked and prepared. The hotel room was big and it comes with "handy" a mobile phone for access on the wifi even if you are outside and exploring Macau. I also appreciate the free deluxe room upgrade. Thumbs up for the regular cleaning and refill of toiletries. I came on the latter part of November so the christmas festive mood was well experienced with the decorations all over the hotel. This includes the beautiful breakfast buffet set up which was yuletide inspired. I particularly loved the sleigh and xmas tree on the facade and lobby. I will definitely recommend the hotel to friends/relatives and will surely book in Grand Emperor Hotel during my next visit to Macau.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Overall is excellent and will stay here again
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

We bought a sim card when reach Macau, because we didn't know that hotel provide handy phone until check in the room. Maybe this service can put it in the hotel official website or other booking website so that next guest can save the money for buying a sim card.

The location is good. Staff are friendly and helpful also let us check in early. The breakfast is nice. Convenient shuttle bus service, can go to ferry terminal and taipa area. The room is spacious and comfort, facilities is good, tv channel is lot, also provide handy phone.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Good and will consider to stay here again.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Only two floors of the hotel are non-smoking rooms. We have to wait a bit for the room to be ready. Finally we got upgraded to a family room as our room was still unavailable when we came back at the time as instructed. Problem solved anyway.

The location is good. Staff are friendly and helpful. The Chinese restaurant is nice.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Everything.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Everything. My third time here and not lucky the other 2 times, the first basically only to sleep not enough to check if good or not. The second time after a big typhoon in 2017, hotel was partially destroyed. This time was really great, everything and specially the staff. Really really and I sincerely recommend

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Location and Convenience.
    • Executive Room

If u stayed in those rooms not renovated yet, old carpets are really musty and fixtures are quite old. House keeping needs improvement. First day found big brown stain at side of toilet bowl. Felt uncomfortable for the rest of the stay there. For the same price i can get much better value for money rooms over in taipa.

Location and Convenience. Convenient location with shuttle buses waiting/drop-off point nearby to go over to taipa and walking distance to major attraction.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Excellent, choices are various and tasty , freshly prepared
    • Executive Room

Will be perfect if there will be one or more movie channel to choose (English version expecially)

Excellent, choices are various and tasty , freshly prepared

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Breakfast is ok
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Room is bad, gray and black wall make me feel upset, it is not warm decoration. The cleaning of the room is not good, some place of desk is durty. Facility is old, telephone and light have some problem.

Breakfast is ok

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

my appreciation to the staffs who extend extra effort for my...
    • Executive Studio

my appreciation to the staffs who extend extra effort for my room birthday present..front offce team,and housekeeping. my friends enjoyed the night and so i am...

Pleasant Stay
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

1) Spacious room for 3 person 2) Hotel breakfast buffet with variety of choices 3) Great and convenient location 4) Reception staffs were friendly and helpful 5) Equipped with a smartphone in room which able to carry out and work as like a mobile WiFi

Superb.

Nothing. It was amazing

Superb. I booked this trip for my family and they loved it! They were treated so well... every little touch was outstanding. The staff were fantastic. Specially YoYo. Very helpful. Knowlegable and provided top service. Thank you to the hotel for an amazing experience and to YoYo and the management, they are an absolute asset to the hotel.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

We were given a free upgrade to the executive suite for both...
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

We were given a free upgrade to the executive suite for both our rooms. Locality of the hotel is near to places of interest and easily accessible by walking distance. Hotel was not far from ferry terminal, 10-15 minutes by taxi and has shuttle bus available too. Beds were comfy and breakfast spread was fabulous! Service were prompt and good :) Staff was able to communicate in English.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

Excellent location with comfortable rooms
    • Executive Room

The room smells of smoke. There is only one non smoking floor. The hotel should have more non smoking rooms.

The bed was very comfortable. Location was excellent. Within walking distance to all attractions and shopping. Airport shuttle and shuttle to ferry terminal. Complimentary drinks and cake at lobby bar.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

FANTASTIC! THANK YOU YOYO!
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

I can not even start to express how awesome this hotel is. Yoyo, the guest service person, is a sweet heart and I would definitely come back if she works there: best people ever!

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

• Executive Studio

I know is small time from the typhoon bit hotel is not in really good conditions. At least management should inform the costumers bedore they arrive about the conditions

Location is great

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

Overall a rather disappointing experience.
    • Executive Room

Rather a pretentious and expensive three star hotel than what it aims to be. I've seen better facilities and service in all three star hotels I know just across the border in Zhuhai (and I know quite a few) than in this house. Examples are instant hot water in the shower, no useless signing of papers at breakfast, no porters needing to be pushed aside to get through instead of carrying your baggage, no traces of mud or whatever it was in the bathroom etc.

The majority of customer facing staff was very professional and attentive, really trying to provide as good a service as possible given the conditions.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

An enjoyable stay in Grand Emperor hotel.
    • Executive Room

I felt that the pillows in my room were too soft for my liking. There is no swimming pool in the hotel.

Generally I appreciated the Hotel welcome gesture by serving a plate of fruits especially during such a hot day. I liked the daily complimentary coffee/tea/cake at the lobby Bar. After a day of outdoor activities return to hotel to relax with this daily complimentary drink. The staff were helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

No one come to disturb us.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

No chairs in lobby. After check out no place to sit. Can't use toilet. Canteen not allow to sit long. Shuttle buses to and fro airport are not enough. No one tell us take shuttle bus to airport need to take from reception till lasr minute even we keep on asking the receptionist that we need a shuttle service to airport. Poor service!

No one come to disturb us.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Very outstanding hotel
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

I was told upon check in that the billing department had erroneously verified my credit card twice for my 2-night stay and this would be corrected upon checkout. I asked why it could not be done at once and the nice male manager(presumably) assured me he would email my bank straightaway. Problem was solved as my latest credit bill showed only one charge. Good job by manager! The gym opens at 8am and closes at 8:30pm; it would be better if only the opening hours can be extended. The female staff member on night duty (presumably) at the reception counter early in the morning of 6 June was cold, uninterested & grumpy when we approached her for directions. She simply made a call to get the man in charge of concierge to "entertain" us and looked away.

The staff on duty at reception and concierge during daytime are extremely warm, friendly and helpful. Hotel breakfast was really fresh & delicious with a very good variety. Cleaning staff were meticulous and courteous. Nice decor. Requested for a non-smoking room - it was clean, spacious and beautiful. Thanks for the comfortable stay in Macau.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

Our stay was great. The staff was nice to give us free upgrade to executive suites.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Over all experience was great. Location is accessible. Free ferry/airport shuttle. All the Staff was nice. 24hrs food court in the hotel. Hotel cleanliness, ambiance and room service is good.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

I liked their initiative of providing a handphone to the...

Their variety of food in the breakfast kitchen - limited variety during or 2-day stay.

I liked their initiative of providing a handphone to the Customers. For a tourist like me...it was really helpful.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2017

some of the staff are very very friendly and helpfull,but...
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

some of the staff are very very friendly and helpfull,but the security guard are total make us feel disapointed ..their attitude are make you feel it really not comfortable to stay here..

• Reviewed: May 21, 2017

Great staff and experience
    • Executive Room

A little mould smell in the room

Staff was amazingly attentive and professional. Betty at the restaurant is a fantastic maitre. Jenny at the reception was great and attentive. We will come back.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

OVERALL IS GOOD
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

THE ONLY THING IS HAVE TO WAIT VERY LONG FOR THE SHUTTLE BUS TO HOTEL , AS I HAD WAITED ALMOST AN HOUR AND YOUR SHUTTLE NEVER COME SO I HAD TO TURN TO OTHER NEARBY FREE SHUTTLE BUS AND WALK TO YOUR HOTEL.

THE HOTEL BUFFET BREAKFAST IS NICE AND WE LIKE IT VERY MUCH

• Reviewed: May 14, 2017

Happy Holidsy
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

The casino , so normal and they don't have much table games. The jacpot machine is so old compare to those other casino in the area.

The Location is excellent and the morning breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Excellent and friendly service
    • Executive Studio

The staff were very attentive and went out of their way to help. We had asked for a room on the 17th floor as this was a non smoking floor, there was no left so we were upgraded to the Windsor area on the 21st floor. The hotel is very elegant. Beds were very comfortable. They run a free shuttle from the ferry an outside the hotel you can catch another free shuttles to the other island. The service was awesome.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

A short trip to Macau
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

- The bed was too soft. - Should add a few english channels for foreigner to enjoy. Mostly are chinese shows without subtitles.

No problemThe room was amazing. Bigger than expected. Very convenient and service was good. Overall the stay was amazing.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

Location and the staff are awesome.
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

The room lighting a bit dark maybe most of the deco are dark colour. I would suggest the carpets to have a brighter colour maybe cream yellow.

Location and the staff are awesome.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

There is no swimming pool
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

There is no swimming pool The gym opening hour is too short: 9:00am to 8:00pm. The pillows are too soft, eventhoug used 2 pillows, still not able to support the neck comfortably.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2017

Golden floats at the door and gold ingots under the floor !!!
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

First to make it clear I am not from Macau , I am Argentinean living in Guangzhou , China, for the time being. Then my comment About the hotel: the room was big enough for 3 and very confortable, each bed was double size , very modern as well. Breakfast is served in an elegant and kind of French / Chinese decorated restaurant , people were really kind , could not understand why some guest complained about quality of food which was very good. Location is super. And a lady at the reception , helped us a lot kindly and with perfect English , I believe her name is Jenny Zhao , can not find her card now. She was very patient and warm with us ( 3 ladies traveling alone ) what we needed to feel cared . Thanks

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

Will visit again
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Noise level. It is a very busy hotel with high footfall. The hotel has no swimming pool.

Central location with good customer services and quick access to the local amenities. 24 hour food and bar service.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2017

Cleanness .. Location .. Friendly staff
    • Executive Room

Don't have a swimpool if we stay for summer

friendly staff.. comfortable room .. location.. decoration and view room for our honeymoon eve very interesting.. Cleanness.. Breakfast.. Casino.. Cafe Lounge..

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

The breakfast is very good delicious esp on Chinese Dim-Sum.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

The breakfast is very good delicious esp on Chinese Dim-Sum. The bed is King sized well.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Good breakfast and friendly staff !
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Good breakfast and friendly staff !

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Will come back again

Same as above

Outside decoratio The doorman

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

the location is perfect.
    • Executive Room

maybe it is summer time, the guests is crowd and rate is a bit higher than expectation.

the location is perfect.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Happy n fun trip
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

Friendly staff, convenient location. Various foods choices.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Good breakfast buffet

Good breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

staffs are very friendly.
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

staffs are very friendly. breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Bed is comfort, n the cleaner was friendly.

They give us stay in the smoking area. I’m going with small baby.

Bed is comfort, n the cleaner was friendly.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Welcoming drinks n cakes, shuttle bus services

Breakfast buffet

Welcoming drinks n cakes, shuttle bus services

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

The admin staff was helpful, especially Yoyo.
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

The security guard are fierce.

The admin staff was helpful, especially Yoyo. She help us a lots. Appreciate it.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Great stay

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

It was okay
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Old bathroom Not easy choice of food

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

A pleasant stay.
    • Executive Room

Lobby seats are for consumers only.

Breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

Location is great. Room is big and clean. Will be back again,
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

Would be better if the lounge with soft music instead of noise fashion show on the TV.

Excellent hotel, great service, good food.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Fabulous

Everything was perfect

Friendly staff....miss nicole was the best...would love to visit the hotel again...

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

The stay was great!

Poor breakfast!

Clean and big room. Friendly stuff. Good security.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Very thing is good

Very thing is good

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

Found out that book rooms online and walk in guest are the same price, I didn't get any special rate.

Services and location very good.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

Centre of the city

Centre of the city

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

• Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Shuttle bus from airport to hotel were not available but this was not made known to us before hand.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Satisfied
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

Iloction in the centre , easy get there and where .

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

friendly staff

mattress cld be better

friendly staff

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Service was good.
    • Executive Room

Service was good. they even provide a smart phone for us to use with free data throughout the stay.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

I will book the hotel for my next trip

Nothing bad all beautiful

I like everything at the hotel

• Reviewed: May 11, 2017

convenient & comfortable
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

Could have more staff at the lobby. More signage for amenities.

The location & the size of the property. Not too big nor too small.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Overall, a great and comfortable stay.
    • Executive Room

Shuttle to Airport only starts from 11.15 am. It would be nice if it can start earlier say around 10 am.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2017

Nice hotel in a strategic location

NIL

Friendly and professional staff, strategic location, complimentary airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast

• Reviewed: March 15, 2017

Bad experience at this hotel
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

No seating space at lobby and poor service. What the hotel!

Bad experience at this hotel

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Receptionist and staff at check-in counter are very friendly...

Nil

Receptionist and staff at check-in counter are very friendly and have very good customer services.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2017

Shuttle bus service was chaotic

Shuttle bus service was chaotic

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Perfect place to stay

House keeping needs improvement

Location and facility of hotel

• Reviewed: December 29, 2016

Ok la
    • Superior King or Twin Room (Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room)

The room does not up to my expectation

The place worth visiting. Good suggestions of food

• Reviewed: March 17, 2016

Spacious room and comfortable beds.

Bus shuttle service, too little information on the route. No shuttle to places like The Venetian/Hard Rock/City of dream/ Macau Tower which will be good to have.

Spacious room and comfortable beds. Excellent service at Royal Kitchen and enjoyed all our breakfast session. It was a surprise and delight service from the crew. Convenient location and easily accessible to admenities like restaurant, shopping mall and supermarket.

• Reviewed: February 29, 2016

Big room and nice view.

This is thr second time I stayed in this hotel. But the staffs wasn't friendly and shouted at us just because we wore the raincoat n straight to the lobby.

Big room and nice view. Our room can easily spotted the view of Macau. Great location, very easy to access any spotting points.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2016

Staff at the reception didnt know the prices for the massage.

Massage was very good. But expensive.

Staff at the reception didnt know the prices for the massage. Warm Refrigerator!...Price was high. Expensive bar.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2016

We were grateful to be put in the non-smoking floor.

Airport shuttle service! The signpost for shuttle service were not properly display. There should be a notice board in english indicating that bus will drop by the immigration gate and then to the airport. The bus has no space for luggages at all. When we put our luggage on the side of the seat, no one can walk into the bus. No one was there to help elderly carrying the luggage up the bus. At the airport, bus purposely stop very far away and ask us to get down and he just uses his phone and ignored us. We saw so many other buses even big coaches stop nearer to the pedestrian walkway as they all need to make a u-turn at that place anyway, why can't he drop us especially when the weather is wet and cold.

We were grateful to be put in the non-smoking floor. All the service staff are very polite with good attitude. The buffet breakfast were good. Room was warmed up when the temperature drop suddenly.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2016

excellent location ;

nothing at all ; would stay here only should I come back to Macau.....☺ would recommend to my friends

excellent location ; nice spacious rooms ; nice city view ; excellent breakfast ; excellent ambience

• Reviewed: December 6, 2015

The place is situated close to a circle k.

No swimming pool.

The place is situated close to a circle k.. Which was convenient.. D viwe from the room was spectacular.. The cybronic fountain of Wynn..

• Reviewed: December 6, 2015

Excellent location (close to the historical centre and the...

There was a bit of smoke smell in the corridor (but to be fair, it didn't affect the room). The breakfast choices are a bit limited (for example, we couldn't find cheese).

Excellent location (close to the historical centre and the older casinos). Modern rooms with good comfort. Transfer from and to the Turbojet terminal to Hong Kong.

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match