Reviews of Hotel Metropole 3 stars

#48 of 69 hotels in Macau

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Location was good
    • Standard Twin Room

The whole place smelt really bad. The first room we were put in smelt so bad we asked to move rooms. There was no service by the staff ie. they won’t call a cab/taxi for you and they charge in Macanese dollars. The price quoted by booking. com does NOT include the extra 15% payable for taxes etc. Would not recommend this Hotel to others.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Too expensive for what it's worth
    • Standard Twin Room

The wifi was VERY VERY slow. Forget about connecting to internet during your stay. It's frustratingly Slow! The staff at the reception desk, even though kind and polite, but don't speak English well and that makes it difficult in case you need to communicate something important to them.

The room was spacious and clean. Overall comfortable. The location is very good. Walking distance to all of what you may need as a traveler. Facility is a bit old, so it's all on your chance to happen to get a room in a good condition

The location (few minutes both from the historic...
    • Standard Twin Room

It was clean but not enough. The main problem- towels. They were a bit dirty and even smelly, I didn’t meet this situation for a long time, even cheapest hostels can afford a good laundry. Another thing to be improved- the staff. Once again, even cheapest hostels usually have helpful and nice stuff. Here, they didn’t answer to 2 my simplest questions: How to go to Taipa, if not by taxi? (Maybe I can take a bus? -Oh you are right, there is a bus station near Lisboa -Do you know the bus number? -.... you’d better take a taxi) Where can I have a lunch ? (Here was almost hilarious: Well you can go to the Starbucks.. or McDonald’s... - Well but I’d rather eat a proper meal at the restaurant... - You see, it’s a city center, we don’t have restaurants here... - Oh, but I thought you have a restaurant on the second floor.. -Do we have? [a tip - there is a nice Portuguesa restaurant across the street]). So yeah I was a bit disappointed but still it’s one of the cheapest options here in Macau.

The location (few minutes both from the historic center&Senando square and Lisboa casino& it’s “to Taipa” bus station) is perfect . The price is quite low for Macau. The hotel provides a free WiFi , a fridge, a safe, bathroom accessories and 2 bottles of drinking water and a tourist guide book. Room was relatively clean, AC worked properly, bed was nice too. The main (except of the location) advantage for me - a big bathtub! I really enjoyed it!

The staff were friendly and helpful and the location of the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was dark and a bit dingy, felt like it needed a revamp to tie in with the rest of the hotel. I think my main issue with the hotel was the outrageous price...for the price we paid I would have expected far superior quality in everything. I must admit that we booked quite late and so the cost may have been down to that but I’m not sure. It’s worth noting though that while it’s a nice hotel it’s not worth €170+ a night.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel was within walking distance of everything.

The staff, they tell me what number of bus to take to a few...
    • Standard Twin Room

Restaurant food not tasty and expensive compared to restaurant on the street.

The staff, they tell me what number of bus to take to a few places that we want to visit. Even changed small change for me for taking bus.

Macau good for old world tourism & Casinos visits

I had no problems to report about the Metropole Hotel

Liked it's location in the centre of old Macua within walking distance of casinos & historic parts of old Portugese Macau I liked that a good well stocked supermarket is directly over the road at the New Yaohan shopping centre I like that here were free casino buses near the metropole to visit the newer mega casinos located about 5 km's away I like that you could catch the " Grand Emperor" casino bus right to the Metropole Hotel from the Chinese border from Guangzhou or the ferry wharf from Hong Kong

Best value for money in years

Everything perfect.

I travel a lot and I have the pleasure to say this hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Excellent price for the quality they give. Better location in Macau you can’t find.

The rooms were really clean .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

More vegetarian options could be better with buffet options ( Fruits , Juices, puddings and pastries)

The rooms were really clean . Great stay for family.

The location was great not too far away from the Main Street.
    • Standard Twin Room

The power switch.. once you switch the main switch off.. all power (including TV) are off.

The location was great not too far away from the Main Street.

Great location but definitely NOT for non-smokers
    • Standard Room

The smell is really bad during my three-night stay. I can’t get good rest because of the smoking smell full of the room through the air conditioner. Most of the rooms smell funny ( I tried three of them). I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to my friends and definitely won’t come back again.

Location is perfect! Easy access to the traditional sightseeing spots. Good walking distance for everything. The hotel breakfast is tasty. The shuttle bus is convenient.

They'll take from yr Credit Card even if you book using the 'Pay upon arrival' option.
    • Standard Twin Room

Every time I book here Booking.com states 'Pay at Hotel'. Then staff take from my Credit Card and it takes 2 weeks to refund my credit card after I pay cash. Very annoying and this is 3rd time they do this. So I won't be staying there again. Shame as its a good place.

Great Place

Very comfortable room, appealing public areas, awesome location!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I have booked Deluxe room and expected it to be bigger. Also although overall decoration in the room was really appealing, I would change the lamps with square plastic cower, it looks.. well too plastic.

Very lovely room decorations, great smell inside the hotel, fabulous location.

Reasonable price, nice service, great location.

smoking guests

The staff is great. In Macau, many local guests smoke in the hotel even when Macau law disallowed. I walked out from elevator and the room, full of smoke. The staff is very prompt in changing my room to another floor with a much better condition and nicer view. I appreciate that much. Also, their have 20% of in dinners and lunch. Nice environment and reasonable price.

For sure will return!
    • Standard Room

Breakfast it's a very good a la carte, just could have ice once ocidentals are used to drink cold juice.

I received an upgrade of my room and stayed in Suite, a huge and great 2 floors room. Receptionists were extremely polite and professionals.

Nice and convenient place to stay 1 night without breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Avoid breakfast, no choice! Very bad, poor, chemical and frozen stuff, even a 1 star do better.

Comfortable room, well located, privet bus connection to harbor.

Good location.
    • Standard Room

One of the front desk lady who does evening shift refused to call/arrange a taxi for us when we departed the hotel to the airport. Instead she told us to do it ourselves. We had made this request in advance and was assured by another hotel staff. We had quite a lot of luggages plus it was night time. I was quite surprised since most of the hotels we stayed before provided this kind of service for their customers. I guess that's the difference between five-stars and three-stars hotel; not just the facilities but the services they provided.

Good location. Reasonable Price.

Beautiful place in the heart of historic Macau.
    • Standard Twin Room

In all of Macau, foreigners can't use Chinese ATM cards since the ATM machines ask you to place your Chinese ID card on a scanner and of course, if you aren't Chinese you won't have that card. What a pain.

The room was spacious, there were a few TV chanels in English and the bathroom and the propertiy's location were great.

One night stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The shampoo nd conditioner didn't really felt like its shampoo and conditioner

Very good location near senado square, they have a phone that u can use for calls and wifi, mini bar is not pricey

The hotel is located very close to Senada Square and Ruines...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff should learn at least basic English to understand the customers and their needs! Two receptionists weren't able to understand me so they called the third one who managed somehow to talk. Everything is perfect except this fact!!! Also the staff doesn't smile at all so it seems the talk is going not in a friendly manner!! The breakfast is so so because I am not a lover to eat noodles in the morning. If you want to use minibar please be so kind to give deposit around 1000 or so HKD. We said we will not use it so the staff removedminibar from the room.

The hotel is located very close to Senada Square and Ruines of St. Paul. The room was fantastic! Very comfortable bed, all cosmetic utensils in the bathroom, no noise at all. Use free shuttle bus from Grand Emperor hotel to reach another island and visit all famous casinos. You can also use the same bus to reach Metropole hotel from Macau ferry terminal. I heard Metropole also has its bus but we didn't use it as the frequency isn't so often.

good place
    • Standard Room

poor breakfast - you can only choose a single option out of about 5 available...

* comfortable bed; * room size; * all the needed facilities for several days staying; * great location;

Comfy hotel in a great location but staff spoke little English to be of help
    • Standard Room

Hotel staff spoke poor English and unhelpful. When I I misplaced my passport, my worried husband rang the hotel from Australia to give me urgent info but Reception put him though three people until the 3rd one understood enough English to take a message. Which they forgot to pass on to me! Warning- despite hotel advice, there was no hotel shuttle bus from Taipa Ferry Terminus on the night I arrived. And we almost missed the van pick-up for Macau Outer Ferry because Reception told us to sit and wait in the lobby instead of standing outside with our luggage to signal the van driver to stop.

Great location!

Value for money in Macau if u donot go for non-gambling trips
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed still has some cigarette feel, but is much better than expected.

Antique building with boutique design! Service is good. As I saw the comments about cigarette smells in the room, they responded to my phone call request before arriving, to special treat the room. Their dinner is reasonable price with reasonablely nice food and nice environment. Compare to the old, squeezed, expensive tiny local food places, it is very good!

Nice central location, but not geared towards international travellers.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast selection is limited and sandwiches are not nice. Otherwise only chinese dishes. Restaurant staff can't speak english

Very central location and beautifully renovated. Nice room, plush corridors.

Fantastic location and large rooms, although could be a little cleaner.
    • Standard Twin Room

When we arrived at our room it smelt like someone had been smoking, although the hotel is non-smoking hotel. There was visible mould in the bathroom shower.

The handy in-room smartphone with Wifi and calling capabilities which we could take out when sightseeing was very thoughtful. The service was attentive and the location was absolutely fantastic. Bathroom and room were really big.

Great location, need more of an effort.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There are no smoking laws in Macau. They were not enforced by the hotel. When we explained our room was filled with smoke, they offered to move us instead of move the family of 8 staying in the adjoining double. Breakfast is pre-made and consistently served cold.

The room was spacious and clean. The location was the best part about the hotel. You are extremely close to many interesting areas. The truth is, I think this is what keeps this hotel in business.

GOOD LOCATION
    • Standard Twin Room

They have taken 1000 Macca as a security deposit and which was deducted from my account online. One person told me we just hold this money and will refunded with in 5 days. Till today i do not received it. I have send query to Booking.com but they didn't solve my query till today. I feel cheated.

GOOD LOCATION

• Duplex Family Suite

- You can smell cigarette smoke in the rooms even though you are booking non-smoking room. - I think a deposit of 1000 HKD for one night is too expensive for a 3 star hotel, it exceeds 50% of the room rate. - I returned key card with deposit slip.but the staff made it lost. Anyway, i got a refund. But it made me feel so bad because the staff speak and gestures pooly. P.S. For Staff : You can check out the cctv that I have already returned.

- This hotel is near Senado Square and you can walk to A-ma temple about 15 minute. - Breakfast is good but menu is less. - Beautiful room and so clean - The staff at the breakfast room is good.

Good location for old town.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The rooms ( we asked to be moved after first night but no better) smell of cigarette smoke even though it’s a non smoking hotel.

Good location for old town.

Location is awesome, within walking distance to attractions...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The smell of smoke is constantly in the air. Probably coming from the air circulating system.

Location is awesome, within walking distance to attractions and local cuisine. Supermarkets nearby is also a plus. Room was roomy.

Stay at a nice casino if you want good service
    • Duplex Family Suite

What sort of “Family” suite only has 2 twin beds? The housekeeper did bring one more single bed, which was a portable one- we asked 3 times for a sheet for our other child, so she Could sleep on the couch. None of the staff spoke enough English to figure out what the hell I was talking about. In the end I ended up with two pair could sleep on the couch. None of the staff spoke enough English to figure out what the hell I was talking about. In the end I ended up sleeping with my 11-year-old in a twin bed. We stayed for two nights and we spent a fortune on the property. It would’ve been nice to share a bed with my husband. I don’t know why they would even call it a family suite. I don’t even know if they know how a family is made!?! 2 it would’ve been nice to share a bed with my husband. I don’t know why they would even call it a family suite. I don’t even know if they know how the family is made!? Not in twin beds. The food is terrible in the cafe. The second morning, we almost missed a transport waiting on a stupid toasted sandwich for my daughter, that took about 45 minutes to prepare. Cheese wasn’t even melted. There was disgusting Semi nude pictures on the TV guide card, of girls who only looked slightly older than my children! I’m used much better service, they could clearly see that there are four of us booked in that room. It was like they had cotton their ears when it came to bringing us some bedding for the couch. My Chinese family were mortified, and begged us to check out and come and stay in their apartment. I felt like I lost face, because I couldn’t get the service that I had paid for. The lobby smells like cockroach spray. I wasn’t at all impressed.

I liked the room decor and the location, as well as a Nescafé machine in room. The size of the room was huge.

Well positioned for old Macau's sights with lovely staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the breakfast menu is limited, particularly for vegetarians - but they will make some of the noodle dishes veggie (all the stuff on the limited buffet - spring rolls and salad and fruit is vegetarian).

The staff were what made this comfortable hotel really good. The guys on receptoin - I can't remember all the names but one of them was Kenny - spoke fluent English and helped with all the questions we had to the extent of writing in Chinese instructions to a taxi driver for the complex day out we wanted the following day in China. Room was warm and comfortable and quiet and there was a bathtub. The location is great - on a number of bus routes, close to the main square for the Unesco world heritage sites - and there are a handful of supermarkets, bars and eateries within 3 mins walk (loads more if you are happy to walk 10 mins).

Excellent location and perfect room.
    • Standard Twin Room

The Housekeeping Manager is very helpful and provided excellent service as he had helped us to get the window to be kept opening as in order to air the room because there was smoking smell.

Don’t bother with breakfast if you expect a European style...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booking.com-felt a little upset that an additional 500 MOP(local currency was added to the booking online to cover taxes etc), think you really need to show the full transparency cost when you select a Hotel. You also need to mention catching a free shuttle bus to the Grand Lisboa is the quickest way to the hotel.

Don’t bother with breakfast if you expect a European style breakfast, it’s very basic with some fruit, cold eggs and ham sandwiches and Asian dishes (only warm food). We walked across the road and had a Starbucks and croissant instead. Can’t believe I actually paid extra for it. But alas I have learnt an important lesson. There are loads of places to eat around the hotel. 3* Hotel is exactly what it means, the reception area alludes to a decent 3 star, elevator and customer service was quite good. Make sure you select room 1, 2 or 3 of each floor (these rooms are by far the biggest and we loved the extra space (eg 601, 702, 803), the interiors of the room are generally what you expect from a 3 Star with an Ikea flash finish. There is lots of tacky bling but then that also adds to the charm a bit :-) Our room was alright but clearly some dusting was needed in the cupboards and the bed sheets had a big tear in them. The double bed was really really great so that was a nice surprise. The bathroom was functional but there were areas that need special mentioning-showers curtains (not a nice experience - and who still uses Shower Curtains?!), towel holders that were falling out of their sockets, some areas of the walls had mould, the after smell of cigarette smoke was evident, the little accessories were great (shampoo, soap and dental kit), towels way to small for most European adults, chips and damaged areas around the basin. To sum it up-we felt we got what we paid for, we had a great experience in the neighbourhood and the hotel was a 3*. So if you are paying a low room rate and you expect 5* deal, Manage your expectations.

Perfect location between Grand Lisboa and old town.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very thin walls, could hear all the neighbours. Surprisingly the price charged to my card was 5% higher than booking+taxes+service. The staff explained that this is a charge by my card, but there is now charge by my card/bank, the hotel just took more money. Don't believe the price on booking! Reception is not fluent in English.

Perfect location between Grand Lisboa and old town. Well-cleaned room

Good value hotel in the historical quarter
    • Superior Family Room

The sound isolation in the hotel is not great. We could hear people talking in the corridor and given it's Macao, some of them were coming home really late. Another inconvenience is that the breakfast in the hotel only starts at 8am. Would have been great if it started an hour earlier.

We were travelling with the kids, so I really liked the family offer of this hotel - two adjoining rooms with one king-sized bed and two single beds. These rooms are actually in the corner of the building, they come with a small area at the entrance and an extra door to the corridor. The hotel is perfectly located if you want to explore the Portuguese part of the city - Largo di Senado is just around the corner. The breakfast included a buffet with a very small choice (a fruit bowl, bread, cakes and that's about it) + one "main course" that you could order from the menu. This could be a toasted sandwiches, eggs with sausages, or various versions of noodles. Overall, we were pleased with our experience, good value for money.

Lucky to get the Chinese style Suite! Easy walk to Historic City!
    • Standard Room

For some reason the credit card was charged around 20 usd more than I expected (only noticed upon returning home), beware they can't charge your card directly in us Dollars, so your bank will hit you with a "foreign currency" hefty fee, in retrospect we had better get cash from atm in Hong Kong and pay in cash instead of being overcharged on the Citibank Card.

The hotel is an easy & safe 5min walk from the Grand Emperor Hotel where the Shuttle stopped (was coming from Studio City Hotel in Cotai and used their shuttle to get here) and is well situated if you want to visit the Old Center, Portuguese Ruins of St. Paul and even Grand Lisboa Casino & Hotels were near. At the check in upon requesting a room in Chinese style (didn't want the Western decor this time) the lady was kind to upgrade us to a building-top two-floor suite in very cute dark red Chinese decoration. There was no view from room (as the only window, behind the staircase, was covered in a fixed curtain that you could have pulled away if you really wanted) however looking out from the corner of that window the view would have been not worth having a window to begin with because this part of Macau is not as luxurious as Cotai is with all the 5 Billion Dollar hotels, it is rather an old city so in comparison and especially after being spoiled with magnificent views from Celebrity Tower of Studio City & Fountain Suite of Wynn Palace, not worth crying over not having windows at Metropole. The Suite had the bed upstairs as well as a nice bathroom with toiletries in such lovely packages with lotus flowers that I didn't even open them, there was also a working desk overlooking the lower floor wit lovely red Chinese lamps, 2 sofas and the fridge/bar corner with one more restroom and tv. All upholstery was in beautiful materials, dark red, making for nice photos. They provide a local smart phone but if you only stay one night it will not be of much use, so we didn't try it out, having our own Sim Card from the crooks at the Ferry (beware they lie about speed of card and available GB). Their WiFi worked but a little slow compared with other (luxury) hotels.

Great Location, very good rooms, friendly staff.

The breakfast though had limited options and more continental breafast options are needed. We would have liked for the property to have a shuttle to the Tapai ferry terminal like many other hotels do. Also, when we arrived we did not know that they provide a shuttle from the Old harbour ferry terminal since we were not informed about it clearly when we had called them prior to arriving. I would recommend that you call them before visiting to enquire about all this clearly so that you can save on taxi fares.

The rooms are much bigger than they appear in the photos. the location is excellent. Right next to the historial center and multiple eating joints. Its an excellent hotel and i would definitely stay there again.

It was a good stay.
    • Superior Family Room

You can smell cigarette smoke in the rooms. Limited choices in the breakfast menu.

The hotel is in a good location, walking distance from tourist spots. Hotel staffs are helpful and considerate, they upgraded our family room and even allowed us to check-out late. Room facilities are good.

- This hotel is very near to bus stop
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- There is no shuttle bus counter of this hotel to inform us about service time table at the port (we travel from Hongkong via ferry). We weren't sure whether the bus was coming. So we had to take shuttle bus for another hotel. We found out later that this hotel has shuttle bus for every 30 minutes!

- This hotel is very near to bus stop - They offer free shuttle bus from port to hotel

Good location and reasonable price for Macau.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast included in the room rate was less than ordinary for westerners. No cereal. but eggs and sausage cooked to your liking.

The location - close to the Old Macau Quarter and just around the corner from Grand Emperor Hotel and casino from where you have access to shuttle busses. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff were helpful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is not good (very simple) staff is not friendly Expensive price compared to facility

Good location (Hotel is located just 10 mins distance by walk from ‘Senado square’)

location is excellent !
    • Standard Twin Room

There are only 2 elevevater. Most of time, you have to wait for it.

location is excellent ! Casino, shopping mall... It is easy to everywhere you want to go.

Good food
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

People spoke loudly in the corridor at midnight and early morning like 3am and 7am which was really annoying. The room was quite dark. The bottled water in the fridge charged MOP20 per bottle while bottled water in toilet was complimentary, however they didn't indicate clearly.

The location was excellent! Wifi was good and the room was quite spacious. Semi-buffet breakfast was simple but with different choices.

Odd man and lady out....
    • Standard Room

Some patrons were very noisy into early morning. Breakfast was inadequate for Western diet.

Reception staff and doorman very helpful and location was central

Excellent hotel and highly enjoyable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast from 8am-10am was a little late starting and earlier opening of the breakfast would be better, for example 7am. We missed our final day breakfast as we had to leave at 7.30am to catch a flight from the airport.

The hotel was in a good location, very close to a number of the tourist sights and casinos. Staff at the hotel were very friendly, especially at the reception desk when sorting out a room on check in. As our allocated room had yet to be cleaned, they upgraded us to a higher grade of guest room without hesitation or charge, which was really good of them. We will definitely stay here again on or next trip to Macau.

1. Location
    • Superior Family Room

1. The breakfast can be improved further 2. Frequency of the complimentary shuttle (instead of every hour, they may consider making it every half an hour)

1. Location 2. Free shuttle to the pier

In the past was better...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

After many years going to this hotel is clear that the maintenance is necessary and isn't acceptable that towels and blankets are in bad shape. The money paid requires attention to customer's satisfaction and is clear that the property isn't with his focus on this.

The location as usual is superb.

Perfectly situated and very comfortable
    • Superior Family Room

The staff ranges from incredibly kind and helpful people, well versed in English to downright blunt, unfriendly and seemingly bored employees unable -or unwilling- to speak any English. This will make your trip to the reception a bit of a gamble, which in a way is kind off ironic being in Macau.

The room we stayed in (Deluxe Room) was incredible comfortable, spacious and clean. It made us feel as if we stayed in one of those big five star hotel/resort/casino's. The Metropole is perfectly situated and if you're lucky -like we were- you'll get a great view of the iconic Grand Lisboa Hotel. The hotel has several dining options and the food is generally very good. There is a shuttle bus leaving every hour from 9:00AM taking you to the harbor terminal. Sadly; the Metropole doesn't offer a similar shuttle bus to and from the airport.

Value for money
    • Duplex Family Suite

The air in the room is a little bit not very fresh, some smell of smoking when we entered. But it is acceptable, not so bad.

The location is fantastic! Just 5 minutes walk to main tourist spot in the city center. The staff are friendly and considerate.

Food is ok
    • Standard Room

I emailed the property via booking.com regarding our late check in & check out. Got an email confirmation from the hotel that our request (late check out) has been approved. Only to find out, When we got at the property, they said they didn't email us yet, i even showed them what they emailed to me and all those request confirmation.. So fake!

Food is ok

Locations and comfort is key on a short stay in Macau, and this was the perfect hotel for that!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some of the staff could not speak English.. it was a bit troublesome to understand the way breakfast works, until they called a Filipino waitress who could speak English.

The room was large, bed was comfortable, bath tub in the bathroom, clean, great location to explore both Casinos and the historical buildings. Aircon in the room was great! They also provided me with a smartphone, a little bottle of good wine and a towel for drying up my sweat when walking around! Amazing! All the staff members I encountered there were friendly. Receptionists were helpful.

Good location good service but just beware of smokers neighbours
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I would have given them a much higher rating were it not for the midnight smoking at the corridor (or neighbouring rooms) for two consecutive nights despites non-smoking signs everywhere. I could not sleep and I was angry that my 3-year-old was inhaling cigarette smoke for hours.The hotel staff did their best to help and I acknowledged that such things might be beyond their control.

Location is excellent. Most of the staff were helpful and they made good follow-ups after receiving my complaints about people smoking in the non-smoking hotel. They made sure my room was ok and the cigarette smells were gone when I came back.

Good location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Expensive. I got a bottle of wine for free (Portuguese wine) but it was a small bootle (375ml). It will be better a 750ml bottle for the price.... Not nice views (at least from my window). Room next to me (belong to their staff, floor 7) was very very noisy.

Good location. Friendly staff

good location, nice
    • Standard Twin Room

no shuttle bus to airport

good location, easy to traveling, near central of Macau, a few minutes to landmark by walk, shuttle bus service to ferry pier, nice staff, clean hotel.

Will never stay in this hotel again

1. The staff was very rude to talk to us while we were waiting at the reception area. 2. Not allowed to use their toilet at downstairs after check out at 10am. 3. Not willing to help the guest to get taxi. We had been told to get taxi outside the hotel.

Nothing I like

Even Though it with a tiny lobby, the room is amazing big...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not too much thing within breakfast

Even Though it with a tiny lobby, the room is amazing big and clean, location is excellent near to Amara roundabout where the transport centre in this city.

Plain rice
    • Duplex Family Suite

We tried ordering plain rice from room service, it took them 3 staff and several minutes to talk to us, and it didn't arrive! No explanation! Breakfast menu was limited, but the staff were so fast!

The room was the best! The location very good!

Our vacation with a baby
    • Superior Family Room

Very poor breakfast selection. We only took the breakfast (FOC) as we were leaving for a day trip to Hong Kong in the early morning. Otherwise it is a better choice to get breakfast elsewhere eg dim sum.

Great location - if you are traveling with a baby and left stuffs at home, you can easily get baby products at the New Yaohan shopping mall across the street.

Very good location.
    • Duplex Family Suite

I think this hotel need support morning meal time early. Because this hotel restaurant open 8am. If early go to other place people can't eat breakfast. If restaurant open 6am may be so many people click Like!

Very good location. If you go to macao peniinsula this place very Good point. This hotel is near in Lisboa casino around 5min by walk. And Largo de Senado is aroud 3min by walk. but this is my case. And at that time I used Halfboard very good food and taste.

• Superior Family Room

- Reception staff were rude and not helpful. Not customer service friendly. - No airport shuttle.

- Great location; tourist spots are in walking distance. - Ate breakfast and dinner here and food were delicious. - Facilities were clean. - Waiters and cleaning staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Many of the staff did not speak English. Available services were not communicated upon check in i.e. shuttle service to the Sands Hotel

Location. Cleanliness. Two very helpful staff in the Western restaurant.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great location, worst breakfast
    • Standard Room

Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast. Possibly the worst buffet breakfast I've ever seen. Very poor in an otherwise nice hotel.

Great location, can walk everywhere in city. Nice hotel, free upgrade to huge/comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Metropole only if its the hobson's choice!
    • Standard Twin Room

Tariff is high; even breakfast is not included! The staff is quite nonchalant! Thats a big differentiator for finally its the human touch!

The property is located in the heart of the city with Hotels like Lisboa about 750 yards! I would recommend this hotel for those who have tight schedules; on a business visit; and for whom time is money! The ferry point for Hong Kong is quite close! beach is nearby and one can walk around be it day, night or wee hours! The restaurant is not up to the mark. The charges are steep and for the same money one can get much better a deal in and around! I would recommend to guys like me to go for hotels in that area for half the price with much more add on services! Tariff if I recall was HKD 775 for a night! To sum it up; there is nothing other than cleanliness of the hotel worth the praise; and thus wonder why one should check in this property at all! WiFi is free ofcourse!

Best Macau location & value.
    • Standard Twin Room

Advertising the rooms better. The photos all look the same but there are 2 sizes of rooms and I got the small room.

Arrogant staff but excellent location. Looking past the staff is a good value place to stay

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great stay in Metropole Macau
    • Standard Twin Room

Did in the hotel restaurant was a bit expensive. So we did not partake of it.

Fabulous location. Most of the sightseeing can be done on foot easily. The rooms are neat and clean, and reasonably spacious.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

when entering the lobby it has very good appearance and...
    • Superior Family Room

when walking the hall ways not cleaners smell just old rusty smell and rooms smelled as if someone was smoking in the area.

when entering the lobby it has very good appearance and smelled very clean.

Good location, easy accessible.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast although is free, is not good . Selection of breakfast is limited. Room wall is not thick. Can hear voices and sounds from next room.

Hotel is conveniently located . Opposite is Yoahan. You can find restaurants nearby. Walking distance to Senado Square , Ruin St Paul and few tourist attraction.Room is clean with daily housekeeping. You can take shuttle buses to nearby hotels eg; Sands. Public transport like buses and taxis are plenty and accessible from hotel.

Great central location. Clean and spacious room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There weren't many western breakfast options. We chose to buy our own cereal and yoghurt, and upon request they provided bowls, spoons etc. The small breakfast room got pretty crowded, and food items ran out. They weren't replaced promptly, so if you came later in the session, you could miss out. We didn't eat or have coffee at the restaurants so I can't comment on them.

The location was right in the centre of old Macau so we were able to walk everywhere we wanted. We were also able to easily walk to the Lisboa Casino and from there, catch a free bus to either the Border Gate to China or the Macau Harbour. From there we could catch free buses to the other casinos. Then to get back, we reversed that procedure. The room was large and comfortable, with a good bed, safe, wardrobe and lounge chairs. It was well maintained and cleaned. There were plenty of convenience stores and small supermarkets nearby. Don't miss out on the supurb portugese egg tarts available nearby from many shops towards the ruins of St Paul's. The laundry service was good.

Good price-quality relationship. Humid smell
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms really have musty smell, I mean, a lot. I live in Macau (the rooms were for my family) and I was really surprised about the smell. It was a pity because the hotel in general was really good.

Excellent location. The rooms are big enough and the bed is comfortable. Bathroom is really good. The breakfast is mainly chinese but it has enough if you don't want to go starbucks everyday.

Location : near senado square and other just 5 min.
    • Standard Room

no wifi. have free mobile phone to use but can't use as hotspot.

Location : near senado square and other just 5 min. Good breakfast : choose from menu Nice bed and bathroom

ONLY LOCATION I LIKE !

-TOILET ; STAIN & FUNGUS ON TILE SEALER AND, NOT CLEAN PROPERLY FOR A WHILE THEN GOT STAIN. -BREAKFAST ROOM IS TOO SMALL AND BREAKFAST WAS NOT OK FOR ME, WENT TO HAVE OUTSIDE EVEN HAVE PAID FOR BREAKFAST [STAYED 2 NIGHTS].

LOCATION, ROOM

Perfect location.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room smelled like a tobacco factory and the bathroom like a public toilet. Air condition did not work during second night and staff was not able to fix it.

Perfect location. You could explore old town and casinos all in walking distance. Room size and design are good.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Just Okay, No More
    • Standard Room

- Very very limited breakfast options (Note: get a room without breakfast, it's just waste of money I believe) - When I was checking in my room, reception told me: "we have just prepared your room": as I entered, prior to taking a shower I checked bathroom towels and they ALL felt as if they were not replaced at all! (Kinda' wet and yuck! Seemed to me they were in a hurry allocating rooms!) Also stains on bed sheets (had to order a complete new set of towels and replacing the bed sheets) - And I think the place is over-priced given nothing special other than a "Handy" Smartphone

- Very good location (within walking distance to Senado Square, a major attraction spot) - Fast and efficient check-in (Note: have to pay up-front and get your receipt at check-out) - I had "Handy" Smartphone on my room which was great to take out and used its unlimited Internet! (i.e. mainly for navigation between places) - Bed was comfy - Room was big enough for a solo traveler - Complete set of toiletries

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Feel comfortable in Macao

The breakfast did not variety

We love the hotel location, nice neighborhood, close to tourist hotspot : Senado Square and provide shuttle bus transfer to ferry terminal

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

A very relaxing hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

You can't just step out of the hotel straight into the action, especially in the evening. It's either a walk or a shuttle bus to the restaurants and shops near Nathan Road. The rooms (furnishings, carpets and general décor) are getting a bit tired and could do with a facelift.

We chose this hotel because it had club lounge floors at a reasonable price and we felt like having a relaxing time at the end of a 10-day trip. The lounge was well worth it and the food and drinks for happy hour were great. Breakfast in the main restaurant was good quality. There is a useful Wellcome Mart (24-hour) and a laundry directly opposite the hotel as well as cheap restaurants and lovely bakeries nearby. It's a 10-15 minute walk to Mong Kok station. Most of the markets are also in walking distance. There are free hotel shuttle buses to Mong Kok station and the harbour area. There is also a shuttle bus direct to the airport which costs HK$110 per person, not all that much more than the train fare to the airport and more convenient for luggage than taking the free Airport Express shuttle bus to the station. Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. The bed was excellent. We felt this hotel was good value for money and a very pleasant way to end the trip.