2. Macau hotel reviews
  3. Macau hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Rio Hotel

Reviews of Rio Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

33 Rua Luis Gonzaga Gomes, Macau, Macau

#33 of 71 hotels in Macau

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Location Of the hotel is close to the Visiting spots!

Nothing..

Location Of the hotel is close to the Visiting spots! And Ms Valentina have showed me the greatest patience, and she speaks English fluently, very helpful! I enjoyed my stay in Rio hotel, want to come back again soon!

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

I really liked the size of the room and the bath.
    • Standard Room

The location is not the most convient for getting to Cotai. there shuttle bus only runs to the ferry terminal and stops at 8:45. the Casino is small. better to go somewhere else for gambling

I really liked the size of the room and the bath. The ammenties were really high class. The staff were very helpful and told me how to get around the city. Very well located to Senado square and Grand Lisboa. Google maps says it only takes 10 minutes to walk from the ferry terminal, but I recommend a taxi.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Would be excellent if breakfast quality was better
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

We are vegetarians and no breakfast staff to understand english and no choice / variety for vegetarians at all

Hotel rooms and cleanliness and friendly nature of staff

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

My first night stayed was perfect but I came back again on...
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

My first night stayed was perfect but I came back again on my second visit for two nights but the room smells of cigarette.... the smell just couldn’t get rid for those two nights stay. It was a non smoking room but the room still smell of cigars

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Location was fine, clean
    • Standard Room

Untrained housekeeping staff, Lack of knowledge of charged items. Reception staff was friendly however hotel policy is stringent. Rare practice of charging $100 for additional blanket; isn’t it part of the paid service already? Poor value

Location was fine, clean

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

overall, other than above mentioned, stay was very good
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

that if u lose a room key, you are charged hkd 100. if you ask for an extra duvet due to being cold, you are charged 150hkd. in other hotels that i have stayed at (Landmark/ Sheraton in Macau) they do not charge for these items. the spa in the 5th floor only caters to men... my sister and i had to go to the Landmark Hotel to get a massage.

the extra bed and especially the duvets were very comfy

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Pleasant stay except the over charged on hotel stay.
    • Family Room

Hotel charged S$754 to my credit card before I checked in, amount confirmed by Booking.com online was S$588+. After verification, check in staff confirmed that I was overcharged and will void upon my check out. During check out, staff said will void the over charged and it will take 3 months for the reimbursement. Then I was again charged S$646 instead of S$588. Still charged me excess. Very disappointed. I will not use Booking.com anymore.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

if nothing else to find
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

no possibility to open a window, you freeze, nobody speaks english, nor portuguese at the reception, the only nice guys are the concierge, respect and thank to them

central

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Big room with big bathroom
    • Family Room

Wifi in room not working despite multiple feedbacks, instead of fixing their problem, pass the problem to us by asking us to change room. Hotel staff made us clean our dirtied bedsheet, claiming that they r unable to clean bedsheet stained with kid’s nose blood, again passing their work back to customer. End up wasted 3-4 hrs of our holiday time buying the detergent n cleaning the stuff. Spoilt our holiday. Receptionist was unfriendly n unhelpful during our check in, never explain how to use mobile phone, Nor provide the wifi password etc, so contrast with the previous hotel staff that we encountered in HK.

Big room with big bathroom

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Staff were friendly.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

i suggest improvement should be made in the cheking in process. We got in the hotel at 1:30pm. We req for early checkin but no available rm for early checkin so it’s okay, we went out and walk around and came back at 3pm. But We’re only able to get in our rm only at 430pm+! We had to wait for more than an hour considering we have small kids with us. Im not sure if it was because housekeeping was not fast enough? to make the room ready? The hotel should improve on this part as waiting at the lobby and wasting precious hours of our short stay was something i didn’t like.

Staff were friendly. i commend the staff including those manning the door and concierge for being friendly and accomodating.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Good location in old Macau.
    • Standard Room

No decent places to eat or have a coffee in the hotel. For some reason not well known and so taxis didn’t know where it was. I recommend you take the Chinese address.

Great location in the old town. Lovely looking foyer and huge and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Wifi was really bad, not even worth connecting to it.
    • Suite Double or Twin Room

Wifi was really bad, not even worth connecting to it. As someone that works online, that is pretty important. I booked the suite and they gave me the wrong room upon arrival. They gave me the room (that I paid for) eventually but needed "managers approval"...

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Room is comfortable for us, it has a bus stop beside the...
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The payment is little bit confused 😕

Room is comfortable for us, it has a bus stop beside the hotel and easy to get to the popular place by bus. I will come back again

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

the facility of this hotel is ok.
    • Standard Room

i strongly suggest that if your reservation were not included the breakfast, do not pay the extra money for it. we paid 121mop/person, but the choices of the buffet are very limited. only some porridge and coffee. we waited for a longtime when checkout

the facility of this hotel is ok. the bellboy is friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

• Family Room

Booked a family room for 4 days for 3 adults with breakfast. Checked in late and it seems the room for one adult, one bath towel, one bottle water etc..... have to called housekeeping to explain we booked for 3 adults. Room was not make up on the third day when we came back to the room about 3pm, excuse was they were busy with other events . Not worth paying for breakfast, few varieties and same food every morning:

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Great Staff & Good Location!

NIL

Reception staff Miss Vincci and Miss Bonnie was very helpful, friendly and professional. Make us feel very welcome to stay w Rio Hotel. We will be back soon!

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Luxury Hotel with reasonable price
    • Standard Room

Wi-Fi is super slow & many times can't connect. SPA is for men only, should be unisex or female as the picture on the brochure is woman.

Staff are polite, room is very cosy & beds are clean & comfortable. Truly love it!

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

There is room for improvement.
    • Standard Room

The toilet and room have cigarette smell though staying in non smoking room. The lift also have cigarette smell. No shuttle bus to Taipa, most happening area in Macau.

The room is big and luxurious.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Staff are friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Room

Too much children but not the hotel fault.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Room clean and comfortable and very big.a lot of restaurant near by, and you can go to senado square by local bus. Also they have free shuttle bus from ferry terminal to the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

It was a pleasant stay
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

Swimming pool closes at 9pm. It would be better if they can extend to 12am. I think within 3-5pm there’s no pool too

Their night shift staffs and manager are very helpful, friendly & polite

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

No milk provided in the room for tea when requested

Friendly and helpful staff. We were also upgraded to a superior room which was lovely and spacious.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Comfortable option within walking distance of historic district
    • Standard Room

The immediate environs of the hotel are gray and dingy; I had no safety concerns in walking around but some guests could be intimidated by the dreariness of those first blocks. Staff were courteous and helpful but seemed to wrestle with issues that must come up often for guests; check in and all my questions at the desk led to rounds of consultation among them.

I'd asked for a room with a view, and ended up getting an upgrade to a nicer floor when no good views were available. The room itself was spacious, modern, quite luxurious-feeling, with a big bath. Common areas were a bit more generic; some chandeliers in the lobby but no great sense of style. A convenient location for the historic district; it's not obvious but actually a pretty short walk to the edge of it. Overall, a great value for the quality of the room.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

The service at the checking in was very helpful especially...
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The price was a little high, more than what I pay for the first time. Also I did booked earlier for 5 nights then I decided to add in one more night. I was told by booking. com to contact them to arrange for it. When I called up, they told me to book through booking. com. Bad service n in the end I booked another hotel. There is no service for the guest in this manner.

The service at the checking in was very helpful especially Andrew.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Upon arrival our room was upgraded to DeLuxe room ,and when...
    • Standard Room

Some people were smoking inside the Building specially on our floor. Ashtray was provided by the Hotels everywhere so I presumed they allow people to smoke inside. That was annoying.

Upon arrival our room was upgraded to DeLuxe room ,and when we went inside OMG the room was huge , very nice cozy and spacious we thought that we;ve been treated like a Millionaire. All the staff was so helpful specially the Concierge guy name Jayson Refuerzo. We even sleep in and was unable to check out at 12 noon but they gave us extra 2 hrs to check out. Thank you RIO.......

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Small but comfortable
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The room is too small and we can't place our suitcase on the ground.

The staff are helpful,we can store our suitcase in the hotel after we check out for a short breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

4.0
    I won’t come back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The front desk required me to present an ID that correspond with the reservation name, I reserved under my married name whereas I brought my HKID card which carries my maiden name only, very very unhelpful staff. Can’t give good explanations but just said can’t. Manager came in and solved the problem finally. Then internet in the room had poor connection, I wanted to complain but too many people in reception, all in all, poor experience in this hotel, wonder if Rio in Vegas would give me the same service

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Very value fr money .
    • Standard Room

Very value fr money . Deluxe luxury room decoration room Bath room design is very nice Bath tub and shower is separated The washing basin cabin is big .. The room color look so nice and warm

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

The buffet breakfast was not good and only few...
    • Family Room

The buffet breakfast was not good and only few choices/variants. Staff cannot speak English well. Pool was not functioning / closed when we were there.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Her name was Rio and she was a great disappointment
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

Not value for money. Silly policies e.g. to get clean towels everyday you have to put them in the bathtub. If they are anywhere else, even on the floor, they are just folded and presented as new. You also have to leave a card on the bed to get the sheets changed. The safe was broken. Everyday it took several attempts to lock and unlock it. The safe would say ‘OPEN’ but nothing would happen. It could take up to 5 minutes for it to actually open. Annoying. The spa is ‘only for men’. That should tell you everything you need to know about it. Not for families. For the price and the quality, there are better options in Macau.

Good location. Free shuttle bus from the ferry terminal to the hotel. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The hotel was very clean.
    • Family Room

The hotel was very clean. The location was not too far from the airport and also the ferry terminal. Walking distance from the convenience stores, a lot of money changers around the hotel. Hotel staff always greet us with a smile.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Overall is a good stay in this 4 star hotel
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

- bath tub not working properly - casino can be improved by having more variety of slot games

- room is spacious and comfortable - staff including Manager is very helpful - provide free shuttle bus to ferry terminal

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Good location but unwelcoming staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The reception staff were not very helpful, very expensive breakfast, I was asked to sign a declaration of responsibility of damaging anything at the property and that the hotel was not responsible for any loss of my belongings. I found this to be really weird.

The cleanliness, the location, the spacious room and comfy bed ( I was given a suite room on 21 floor but this meant long waits at the elevator!

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Big and clean hotel room
    • Standard Room

The only minus point was that there were no shuttle to major casinos so we had to walk to a nearby hotel.

The room was very big and clean with 2 queen size bed. The bathroom was also big and clean with a bath tub. Really loved the sofa by the window to read or just to gaze out of the window. The staff were also quick and friendly.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Wish we had figure out how to use the public buses earlier..
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

If you are like us who prefer walking distances, this hotel is a bit far from the major attraction sites . We only figure out how to use the public bus on the 4th day. Got cheated by a taxi driver, and a bad experience with a public bus driver on the first day which kind of put us off from trying the public buses.

Staffs are friendly, esp Vinci at the reception, genuinely helpful and sweet too :) Free smartphone with data plan for loan in the room. Public bus stops are very near to the hotel however we only figure out how to travel by public buses on the 4th day. With Google Map and the public buses, it is actually very easy to get around Macau.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Nice location

The room rate is quite expensive.

They upgraded my room for free just so I can be on the same floor as my parents. The hotel is actually only the opposite of bus stop which exceed my expectation since in google maps shows a few steps far away from bus stops.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Great place to stay for sure!
    • Standard Room

I liked everything about this hotel! *thumbs up*

I love the huge bed and spacious bathroom!! Location was perfect within waking distant to almost anywhere including Senado Square... there was only 1 nearby 7-11 just around the corner and the staff were great!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Not staying again
    • Standard Room

The bed was too hard, the reception staff could not speak English. It was mentioned swimming pool was temperature controlled but it wasn't. The breakfast selection wasn't very good.

View from the pool deck was amazing.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Great place for family stay.

The restaurant does not accommodate extra pax for breakfast for a kid aged 7 if exceeding the number of pax stated per room, not even half price.

The efficiency of the room service and the cleanliness of the hotel. All the staff are polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

eye catching city view while on top the hotel, daily cleanliness and comfortable bed we liked most
    • Family Room

just the front desk who cant express english well

all the amenities available in the hotel are excellent aside from the front desk staff who cant express english properly

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Excellent location and fantastic staff.
    • Family Room

Nothing. We were thoroughly satisfied with our stay

Excellent location. Right beside the ferry port. Shuttle bus available every 30 minutes or less than 30hkd in a taxi. Beautiful rooms, extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly staff. Gave us easy way to get to Taipa by going back to ferry terminal to arrange free bus. Breakfast buffet was good with good selection and was worth getting up for. Highly recommend as it is a lot cheaper than some of its more illustrious counterparts.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

over all stay is satisfactory except for the non english staff ... ...its a disappointment
    • Family Room

i dont like the non english speaking. staff....they should learn basic english for english speaking tourists. sooo hard to communicate

i like the fact that we were upgraded to a suite.....thank you

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Recommended hotel with reasonable price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shuttle bus is to the ferry terminal only, not for major tourist spots

Free upgraded to suite A very big room Location is good, there is bus stop nearby

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

The location is good as there are many places around just...

It would be nice if you can provide airport shuttle

The location is good as there are many places around just walking distance. Easy to travel as many bus stop near by. Also have 7-11 and lots of restaurants.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Hope counter staff improve good service if next time come
    • Standard Room

Counter staff no very good service

I like the ,Room n bed very big n nice n the view is ok n got a staff , a guy wear black jacket. He help me check the room of 2113 is ready or not .. He is very helpful n good service .. This staff 👍😀

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Hotel room very big and spacious. Clean. But cashier at B1 slot machines have terrible attitude!!

The hotel room wifi only allow for two device to use. I think its not appropriate as we have three persons in the room and only two persons can use the wifi. Hotel should improve on this.

The hotel is extremely good and new. Hotel staff are good. But the cashier staff at B1 slot machines are terrible. We went to exchange for hong kong dollars with my singapore dollars, the staff didnt smile at all and even show bad attitude to us. When we handed the notes to them, they handle our notes as if those are fake notes! What kind of terrible attitude staff. Im not the only person encounter this. My aunty went to change the money the second time, she also encounter the same experience, the staff eveb rejected the notes saying the notes has a very little stain (which you can barely see using your naked eyes). We are extremely disappointed as we are being treated unfairly. I hope the hotel could investigate and give a stern warning to the staff so that it does not affect the casino business in future.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Great Hotel. Friendly Staff. Recommended!
    • Suite Double or Twin Room

Great location near by many attractions within walking distance. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. Great amenities. Will stay again at the Rio in the future! Very Relaxing!

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

the bell boys were very helpful.
    • Family Room

the bell boys were very helpful. One of them taught us how to take the shuttle bus for free. So we were able to see Macau without spending a lot of money on taxis.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

A great place to stay
    • Standard Room

I have nothing bad to say. great place to stay

It amazed me, coz i booked a De Lluxed room but upon checked-in we were given a Suite Room :-) the room is so spacious, the staff is so accommodating. They offer free shuttle service. All the staff are approachable, all of them speaks english. The room almost has everything :-) The location is nice. . only few minutes from Ferry and Shuttle bus area.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Not too fancy but decent value I suppose.
    • Standard Room

The property feels old and worn out. The casino on site is boring. Only baccarat for table games and assortment of slots. But the action was not too hot. There are fancier hotel/casinos.

Room was good sized and reasonably comfortable. Staff were generally nice and respectful. There were all kinds of great tasting food all around. Grocery market nearby is convenient.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

4 star hotel with great decoration

The lift was slow. It takes literally 1-2 minute to travel from the lobby to 20++ floor. The check in was slow as we only have our room ready around 4pm.

The staff upgraded my room from superior to family room for free. The service was great with bellboy ready to serve you 24/7 at lobby. Not to mention free shuttle service to harbour. Is close to the city and there are restaurant and convenience store nearby.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Late minute booking that met the need for a room, but fell short on amenities.
    • Suite Double or Twin Room

Hard bed that needs to be updated. Single restaurant with limited menu and not very inviting atmosphere. Poor WiFi.

Location to ferry terminal. Decent size room and nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Good
    • Family Room

The Wi-Fi can't received in room, need to stand at room door to get the Wi-Fi. And the TV remote control got problem.

The room was very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

The hotel and our stay in Macau exceeded all expectations.
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

Took three taxises to the Turbo Jet station. The fare for two was $38 each and the third was $63. Each taxi had 3 people. Not sure why there was a discrepancy.

Rooms were very spacious and the staff was extremely helpful. The hotel was within walking distance to many local restaurants, sights and casinos.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Unless you want blackjack here is ok
    • Family Room

Casino was small compared to the others and main dislike they only table games they have is BACCARAT... they don’t have blackjack or poker. Had to catch taxi to Venetian Hotel there casino is 10x the size and plenty of tables with heaps of card games.

Size of rooms, the excellent shower, friendly staff. Casino was onsight

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Quite satisfied. Thanks!
    • Family Room

Shuttle bus should be run more often. We were waiting there for 45min. to get to the ferry terminal. Theres no wifi available in the hotel lobby. Boring experience.

The bathroom was spacious and luxurious. Location was also good, close to Senado sq. Breakfast was okay, not excellent, all the staff were kind and friendly! Bed/Beddings were all good.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Poor experiences. Expensive. Far from anywhere. Bad attitude of staff.
    • Family Room

The location is not so good, pretty much far from everywhere. The staff pretty much told me I should call taxi to get anywhere. The staff's attitude is horrible. He's impatient and also always get distracted by phone or other people while I was checking in, which means everyone else is more important than you. The checkout process is so slow. I swiped my cards online once, when I checked in but when I checked out, she needs to take very long time to swipe my card again, which I really don't understand why. But her attitude is also so poor. I don't enjoy my stay at all and would not recommend anyone and would not go there again.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Would love to come stay here again
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The hallway's light on the room floor is too dark.

Great hotel and the location is pretty much close to the city centre. The staffs are very nice and friendly too.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Bang for your buck
    • Standard Room

Could hear someone from next door partying throughout the night.

We were upgraded to a family sized room with two queen sized beds and it was very spacious. Place was clean and the beds were comfortable. There were many perks of staying at Rio hotel.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

A good value for price but some details can be improved

We were a group of 7, booked 2 Superior Rooms (double bed) and one Family Room (which they claim for 3 people) and stayed 2 nights. The Family Room is indeed a room in same size as Superior Room but with 2 double beds (they allow 3 guests only but the room actually fit 4). The ridiculous part was, with 2 double beds, the room came with 3 bath towels, 3 tooth brushes, 3 bottle of water, but 2 hand towels, and 2 sets of cups/glasses/coffee/tea. As we called to request for full set of everything for 3 person, we were told it's the hotel policy to provide 2 hand towels only in one room and they couldn't send more. As for the mini bar, they sent an extra cup (amazingly without the plate and spoon!), a glass, and 2 packs of coffee (no extra tea), but we had to sign a ticket for "borrowing" them from the hotel! And we had to called 3 times to get things settle. The house keeping was honestly pretty slow efficiency and not so warm as the receptionists. While the followings were minor issues but shouldn't have existed in a 4 star hotel: some hair were found on the toilet floor and some stains were found in the corner of the hand basin in the Superior Room I stayed. Edge of the towels were hairy (the towels look quite new though, it's probably just a problem of the stitching quality).

The receptionists are really friendly, helpful, and initiative in giving information. The bell boys are very helpful also (we were 7, and 6 of which need to go to the airport after checking out. We thought that we had to look for 2 taxis but they told us there are big taxi available in Macau to fit our need, and they kept trying to call the taxi company for a long while to book one for us in peak hours, helped to arranged all the luggage, and took well care of us till the last minute. Very good service).

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Way over price for 200 sq ft room.$400+ a night. Bathroom at most 40 square feet.
    • Suite Double or Twin Room

Everything in this hotel is not impressive for the price. $400+ us dollar for a 200 square ft room is a rip off. Next day found the same quality room next hotel 1 minute walk away for $71 A night for a bigger room and cleaner.

Nothing, the room were small, and photo edited to look big. At most it's 200 sq ft a room. Bathroom is almost 40 square ft.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Really had a nice stay. I will return since everyone made me feel at home. I like Macao, and I wil r
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The exterior steel structure pillars should be covered to look like columns. It would upgrade the entrance. The tarp on the outside of the building looks bad.

Everyone was helpful. The hotel is very clean, with a nice lobby. I really like the location downtown. It's a close walk to many locations in the downtown area.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Everything good except we need to stay with some low standard guests
    • Standard Room

The other guests smoking inside their rooms and even other corridor. That smell goes inside every room at the same floor.

If hotel can really control the guests not to smoke within non smoking area.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

The bed is very comfortable, location is near restaurants,...
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The bed is very comfortable, location is near restaurants, bus stops, and foreign exchange. I like how their window has a sitting area. Nice people. Older part of town, but very convenient to walk to wharf and other old town hotels. Loved that.”

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Surprising. Not in a good way.
    • Standard Room

So here is something very important that I didn't read on a single review on any website before booking this hotel. There is an active brothel on the 5th floor. It's called a sauna, but it's men only because they go in there to select their prostitutes her for the evening. If you think I am making this up just google search "rio hotel sauna." I even found a sleazy video some old guy had taken with his phone showing the women lined up with some sad pop music playing in the background while they wait to be selected. Another issue I had was there there was no hotel bar and when I asked one of the staff working there they laughed at me as if it was such an outrageous thing to ask where the hotel bar is after having been given a free drink coupon. I don't understand how I can get laughed at for asking where the hotel bar is when there is an actual brothel 4 floors about where I am standing.

The rooms themselves were very clean and comfortable with a large bed and large, fully equipped bathroom. The staff were, for the most part, very friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Retrain Reception.
    • Standard Room

The hotel was undergoing a fairly extensive renovation and the background music was builders hammers. The staff seemed oblivious to it all.There was no temporary signage and the relocated ,dreadful ,dining room was in a back room even reception couldn't direct us to. We should have been informed at the time of booking that there was a refurbishment in progress. When we spoke to the duty manager regarding the dire dining room he informed us " nobody really ate there as they dined in the casino" which was not what two weary , recently de-planed,non gambling clients wished to hear. Breakfast was no better with most chiffoniers empty one hour before the end of breakfast and a flat refusal to top up on requested items. 20 minutes later we got our ordered fried eggs but completely cold.

Room was spacious with a very comfortable bed.The porters were the stars of the show pointing us in the direction of a fabulous local restaurant very close by. They were very knowledgeable friendly and efficient perhaps they should be promoted to reception as the reception staff couldn't have cared less.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

The room was spacious and big.
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The location was slightly far from the city center

The room was spacious and big. They gave me a free upgrade to a superior room and the view from the room is good.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Value for money
    • Special offer - Deluxe Room - Free Upgrade to Rio Suite

Photo showed for Suite room is for Presidential suite

1) Free shuttle bus from Macau HK Ferry Terminal 2) Free upgrade to family room ( very spacious) 3) Walking distance to others hotel and casino (Wynn, MGM, Sands,Lisboa), Fisherman's Wharf, even to Senado Square (ard 20min) 4) Bus stop in front and behind the hotel is accessible to many attraction 5) Take taxi from hotel to airport with 3 luggage only need MOP80

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

• Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

They need to finish the work on outside, that's covered, with tarp. I visited in Oct., and Feb.,and still there. I still like this hotel and will come back.

Nice people. Smaller hotels are great that way. Older part of town, but very convenient to walk to wharf and other old town hotels. Close to Senado Square. Loved that.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Comfy Hotel with Little Things to Do
    • Standard Room

location is not ideal,not much to do. no shuttle service going to the city center and cotai area.

nice room set up and size . check in and out was fast.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

GOOD HOTEL
    • Standard Room

This is my second time in Rio hotel! Everything was perfect. Staffs are kind and friendly. We rent two room and two room is connected so easy to access.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Big rooms.
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

Spa shouldn't be advertised as a hotel facility for guests- after some research online turns out it is not for guests but for paying men only where girls offer sexual services!

Big rooms. Breakfast varied

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Good hotel.
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

The equipments at the gym was absolutely not in line with the standard of the hotel! Great view from the gym but deteriorated and old equipment

Good hotel. Good location. Lots of activities (SPA, casino,...)

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Room size is good

Due to the weather was cool and we would like to request a extra quilt but rejected by the hotel , they said need $150 hkd to rent. How come!? It should be complimentary for better service.

Room size is good

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Never for next time
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

Improved your service make the world recommend your business, small amount of money loss for good service can change into bigger chances of expanding your horizon.. Be considerate to your customers. The world is looking.

I like the same room for 4 nights booking and they charge extra 1 nights. It’s no good service.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Second stay and I still love it.
    • Special Offer - Standard Room - Free Upgrade to Superior Room

This is the second time I've stayed here and at both occasions, repairs were being done to the hotel driveway and facade. But overall, the interior meets expectations.

The bed is very comfortable, location is near restaurants, bus stops, and foreign exchange. Their bathroom is very spacious - two thumbs up! I like how their window has a sitting area. Filipinos work in this hotel so it is very easy to converse with them and ask for directions.

We Price Match