Reviews of Village Pierre & Vacances - Sainte Luce 3 stars

Pointe Philippeau Lieu-dit "Pavillon", 97228 Sainte-Luce, Martinique

#10 of 18 hotels in Sainte-Luce

Childrens playground, view

Rude French pricks! All people in Mahi Mahi restaurant should be fired. We did not be serviced there because we do not speaks bloody french!!! They talked with all other guests instead of us. They served all others but not us. Bartenders in lobby are great all of them! Receptionist was good in the middle but Mahi Mahi was so rude. I really do not care that they have french arrogance and thinks all people have to speaks french. We was so pissed. Our 3 years old children had to wait hour for a meal because they are so dummy french pricks who do not want to brink us even water.

Childrens playground, view

Go somewhere else. This place isn’t worth it.
    • Standard Studio with Sea View (2-3 People)

The place is in need of SERIOUS infrastructure updates and an outdoor cleansing. There was black mold growing on the roof of my balcony! There were tiles missing on the pool and some of the wood around the property needs to replaced

The outdoor kitchen was nice to make outdoor meals with my family and enjoy the sunset. The supermarket on the premises has everything you need. They also have a laundromat.

On the plus side, the room was comfortable and clean and we...
    • Standard Studio with Sea View (2-3 People)

Extremely poor service. We had no water for 36 hours and no communication/information was provided. We had to call reception for updates and most times the person on the line did not speak good enough English to explain what was going on. No shower and conditioner in the bathroom - when I asked at reception I was told those were not provided (at a 4* beach resort?!) and then, 2 hours later, after I had bought my own, a lady knocked on the door to deliver some shampoo. The food at breakfast was presented depressingly bad and we decided to stay away. Word of advice: remove the plastic trays and the disposable juice cups! Generally very little English spoken, ex: even automated emails were in French with no English translation.

On the plus side, the room was comfortable and clean and we loved the nature around the resort. Overall a good stay but would not repeat and do not recommend due to the lack of attention to detail, the poor service and general uninterested attitude of the staff.

Great facilities horrible rooms
    • Standard Studio (2-3 People)

The rooms themselves were very out of date. Nothing felt clean. We were at this hotel for three days and they did not come clean the room once. Beds were rock hard to the point we chose to leave early

The pool and the activities were great

Great garden and grounds, well maintained, some plants and...
    • Standard Studio (2-3 People)

Definitely 2 points here: 1. Disgusting housekeeping practice - cleaning supposedly every 4 days but went 6 days with no clean towels and no bed linen change!! AWFUL!! If, someone were to fall ill and they were travelling alone, the hotel staff would prob not find him/her till their next cleaning trip....by which time the poor person would have...well you know died!! 2. There are NO SUNBEDS ON THE BEACH - Booking shows white plastic sunbeds which are obviously more comfortable than having to lie on your back in the sand all afternoon sunbathing!! However, due to an injury I sustained, I am unable to lie on the sand for that long and need a sunbed, I had to leave a deposit of......E150!! in order to be able to get permission to lug the sunbed all the way from the pool (and its a distance!!) to the broken pontoon and ....listen to this....chain it with a chain and padlock to the pontoon!! I have the pics of this and doc of the deposit I left!! Can you imagine me doing this for all the 16 days I was there!!! The b'fast and dinner added up to E45 - multiplied by the number of nights and its gets expensive!! Better get that electric car and buy your own food from Carrefour!!

Great garden and grounds, well maintained, some plants and trees had a detailed plaque near them explaining where they grow, how etc...liked the beach but could not enjoy it due to there being no sunbeds unlike the photos on booking .com website....great dive school, Kariba, with Thibo and Guy, great to just have to walk a short walk to dive - they are both very professional and the equipment they have for hire is tops :) Car Hire Jumbo on premises (Enrico) very convenient with great electric car, very friendly guy and very very helpful - you do need a car there cos its far esp if you have to lug shopping around in that heat. Staff at reception desk mostly very helpful with me, esp Line Nadia Desiree Will Elodie, Tania... sorry if I might have forgotten someone! Daily animation for adults and kids though I didn't quite like the din at times!!

There are better places
    • Standard Studio with Sea View (2-3 People)

-> Staff were not helpful -> Tried to hold my €200 deposit ransom until i paid €0.70c tax in Cash which i didnt have on me and couldn't pay with card... -> Food was way over priced for what you get and a bit scarce -> Didn't get the room i booked -> Room + Food and drinks etc.. Worked out about €250 all in for the night

Good Facilities

Very practical with small children - avoid if you don't have kids
    • Standard Studio (2-3 People)

The little market is closed between 12:30 and 4:30, so you need to calculate when you'll go. People on the staff are not always friendly, especially if you don't speak French. Food on the premises is great for breakfast but overpriced for dinner. For lunch, it's average, with chicken, fries and pizza. What bothered me the most was the fact that the apartments are loud at night, between the evening activities that you can hear and the neighbors - to your left, right, above, below and across from you.

The grounds are absolutely fantastic. The property is very large, with beautiful sceneries on every corner. You can see the mountain, the beach as well as many different plants and trees. That's for the natural environment. The apartments themselves are fine but not great. The AC never works consistently and the property manager told us all the apartments were having issues with the AC being off when it's supposed to be on at times. The beds are not comfortable, the pillows are old and just not comfortable. They also don't have queen or king-sized beds, just twin beds pushed together. The kitchen area on the other hand (on the terrace) is functional, clean and new. It has a stove, microwave and fridge and many appliances. That terrace and kitchen are great with small kids as you can cook for them and still enjoy the beautiful view. The bathroom is ok, with only a shower. For the toilet, you need to buy your own TP. Housecleaning is only done if you stay for 7 or more nights. Breakfast is fabulous, by the pool, and delicious. For lunch, they usually only have 2 restaurants open, which are ok. Dinner has its good and bad days. The pool is fantastic, clean and big.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Hiking trails that are easily accessible from the property...
    • Standard Studio (2-3 People)

If you like a later night, most things shut down around 10pm. There is not a room cleaning service unless you stay for an extended time.

Hiking trails that are easily accessible from the property are excellent! I traveled with my sister and we only speak English (it's primarily French speaking) and everyone was very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

I've been robbed.
    • Standard Studio (2-3 People)

The hotel was absolutely run down. Bugs everywhere (see photo of curtains). The beds and pillows were beyond worthless. The price was way too high. I admit that I didn't do enough research before making my reservation. When I asked to cancel, less than 5 minutes after booking, I was told I would be charge 288 euros to cancel. Booking.com also refused to honor their price matching guarantee base.

Friendly staff. They tried their best.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Nice location, bi-polar staff. Amazing or Rubbish
    • Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Staff were either super nice or EXTREMELY rude. The Mahi Mahi bar was crap - you have to order everything from the (no so happy to be there) waitress (all courses at the beginning), then spend the best part of 2 hours getting food in bits and pieces, some finished main course before others in our group were served. Deserts never arrived. When I went to pay and leave (without deserts) the woman at the till said, "oh but we've opened the tin for two of them already!!!" Not exactly as fresh as advertised. The cleaning was advertised as every 4th day. We had them three times the first week and ZERO times the second week. One change of bed clothes in two weeks not exactly clean. Also, 9am Christmas morning we were kicked out of our apartment by the cleaners. We elected to stay and eat in the hotel on Christmas Eve. The bill for canteen food,self service, average buffet, came to €450 (that's $500+) for 5 people for that one meal - Merry Christmas - bah humbug!! A bare faced rip off because of the day. You could have a great meal out with all the bells and whistles for less than €200 for the 5 of us. The pizza restaurant… would open at 7pm and run out of pizza by 8:30pm - I mean c'mon, how hard is it to get that right!! The alternative is rubber chicken and chips or the main restaurant for canteen food buffet at €50 a head. Wi-Fi - Nah, don't get your hopes up, it simply doesn't work…

The pool, the bar, the pool bar!!! the activities, the grounds, the watersports facilities, the beach looked good (but lots of insects and not exactly clean - a tramp lives there. But seems friendly enough. He didn't kill or rob us!!! )

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The property landscape,grounds, location ,pool cleanliness...
    • Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

This could be a five star place if certain improvements were taken. Some ways might be to: improve quality of mattress(very hard), upgrade bed sheets, covers, clean and paint mildew on concrete areas, improve food quality and lower food prices and provide a little dish detergent and sponge . Do improve security on weekend, especially at the pool and coming to and from the beach. There were many more people without wrist bands on the property and in the pool.

The property landscape,grounds, location ,pool cleanliness and views from the ocean were all good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Pierre et Vacances, a beautiful French Resort in Martinique
    • Standard Studio (2-3 People)

They definitely need new pillows. Washable pillows if possible so they don't clump up. They were terribly lumpy. Also, there should be paddle boards. They do have kayaks and jetskis. I was told that the only paddle board they had was broken!!!! There are not many activities at the hotel. We didn't see this as a negative, but some might. The hotel is close enough to town that we could go into Sante Luce for dinner. We rented a car, but you could take a taxi or walk (about 1 mile) There were cute places along the beach to eat. This is a much cheaper alternative than eating at the hotel. The room was sparse, but adequate. The bathroom was the same, but there was some mold on the shower grout-an easy fix with some bleach. The room, however, did not smell moldy at all. We wished that we could speak French since there are very few English speakers. On the plus side we like that the resort was not "Americanized". Martinique is France( it is not a protectorate or territory) and it felt that way. Other hotel guests were very friendly to us. If we wanted a more American type vacation we would have gone to Florida instead. The resort was built in 1999 and it's a little worn, but clean and adequate. If you want a 4 or 5 star luxury hotel, this place is not for you. If you want to be on a French island and are looking for French immersion this is your place. TV was in French. That is fine, but we would have appreciated English subtitles.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Not too many English speakers, but everyone was wonderful. Our room was fine. Not luxurious by American standards, but clean and big enough. Bed was comfortable, but pillow was lumpy(must have gone in the wash many times)The batting was clumped. Smelled nice and clean though. Nice full outdoor kitchen, included a sink, stove, fridge, dishes etc. We only used the fridge, but maybe next time..... Loved the pool and pool area-lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas. Breakfast was a little pricey, but delicious. Loved the scrambled eggs and fruit. LOVED the walking path along the beach so we could go to other beaches if we wanted to. Liked that there was a little store, and 2 restaurants. The margarita pizza was pretty good. We only ate dinner at the restaurant once-Creole themed night-food was good, but too expensive for what we got. It is dog friendly. I wish I had had my dog with us, but it was nice to see others with their canine friends. We enjoyed the laid back, rustic appeal of the resort and my husband and I can't wait to go back. I have taken out French cd's at the library so we will be able to communicate better.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Family oriented resort, great location on water!
    • Standard Studio with Sea View (2-3 People)

You need a car because restaurant options in resort are pretty mediocre. The rooms are offered more like apartments and you clean yourself.

if you don't speak French you can barely get by but we did find that a few staff spoke English. All announcements are in French so they did not try to accommodate. Location is great but you will need a car to get to other restaurants in town. A great beach lunch place a little walk along path 10 min away. Place is clean!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Great place to stay

nothing.

the room with the terrace and the sea view

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

I will not be returning. Very disappointing
    • Standard Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Food was absolutely shocking. Perhaps the worst of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Also facilities were dated and unkempt.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Hotel is clean .

When is more people wifi not work :(

Hotel is clean . Personel is ready to help you. Swimming pool is clean . Perfect place for relax , good for family :)

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Loved the pool, the scenery.

Some staff members could be friendlier. They have little patience for non-French speakers (my husband) and they can be sarcastic with French speakers (me). Hard to get in touch with some staff members. Dinner is expensive and food not up to level.

Loved the pool, the scenery. Breakfast was delicious and affordable, with great view.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The big pool, bar in it, however not open all the time and...

Activities around the pool were dull to none, no music, no serving. Only around 4pm the bar inside would open, so it's mainly quiet around the pool.

The big pool, bar in it, however not open all the time and only for some regular juices and sodas.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

Le club enfants et ses responsables, particulierement...

Le service service a la cliente est deplorable en general et en particulier Audelise et Clementine. Je ne sais pas si c est Le process, la formation Mais aucun soucis afin de rendre l experience du client agreable. We waiting few hours before getting towels because the facility was closed on a holiday week end Easter. It was raining on and off kids were freezing. When they finally opened they told us they just ran out there was nothing they could do. We went to reception, which took the the initiative to call them, reception gave us towels. The next day we went to change towels around 11am , Audelise and Clementine told us that we were not lucky and that they just ran out of towels again with a big sarcastic smile. I explained that they told us the same thing yesterday and they were towels in the facility because reception help desk gave us towels. They said we gave you towels from the stock room yesterday and that is ehy we don't have enough this morning. 1. Audelise and the person responsible should make sure they are always in stock at their location to improve process. 2. Audelise and Clementine should go through regular customer service training to be at the standard and pricing of Pierre et Vacance facility to same standard that Priscilla at kids club and Will at the reception front desk. 3. If they went through a customer service training, their attitude and work ethics should be improved to the level of the facilities and Pierre et Vacance standard. There are a lot of other alternatives in the area and unfortunately despite Will and Priscilla amazing work we will never go to a Pierre et Vacance facility ever again because of the bad customer service we encountered with Audelise and Clementine

Le club enfants et ses responsables, particulierement Priscilla!!! Après quelques soucis afin de pouvoir avoir des serviettes de plage, Will a la reception nous a tres bien recu, bien regle toys les soucis de service clientele.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

The view from the balcony was very nice.

The restaurant has the same type of food every day. It becomes boring after a couple days. Don't like that you have to pay for extra towels during your stay. We stayed up on the highest floor so to carry luggage all the way up was difficult. The shower wasn't draining properly so maintenance had to come and fix that The wifi was extremely poor.

The view from the balcony was very nice. The grounds were also lovely.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Perfect location for driving to different beaches on the...

They were stingy with towels and toilet paper, so we had to go buy our own. The dishwasher didn't have soap, so we went and bought a sponge and dish soap.

Perfect location for driving to different beaches on the island. The pool was beautiful, a lot of umbrellas and chairs!

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Location, staff, apartment size, village lay out.

The whole village needs an uplift! All facilities were shabby. It can be a superb place if it were to be renovated but as it stands it is patched everywhere and not well, like missing a door for the shower, need re caulking everywhere, old linens, very cheep and minimal kitchen wares, etc. The food in all the resort restaurants was nothing to write home about eventhough this is French Martinique after all!!! They need a concierge too not just a front desk person who doesn't even know a restaurant to recommend if it were to be considered a "Resort". Kids programs could have been better, more interesting and not limited to 3 half days participation only.

Location, staff, apartment size, village lay out. Pool and beach access. Everyone is nice. Locals. Having a nice pool and a beach.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Location is good.

Beds were awful. Restaurants were mediocre. Maid service was non-existent. No Available clean towels when you needed one. Walking up three flights of stairs got old fast.

Location is good. Pool area was nice, as well as good beach access. The general store was well stocked and reasonable.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

It was a good central location.

The room left a bit to be desired. There was a strong odor coming from the toilet and the shower leaked all over the floor. The beds were also very thin and uncomfortable.

It was a good central location. The pool and views were beautiful. The best part of our stay was sitting on our balcony enjoying the view and watching the sunset.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

wifi didn't work.

wifi didn't work. pool towels are extra charge!!. no complementary coffee / tea supplies in room. child security gates on pool broken (and looked to be broken for some time)

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

The market on site was reasonably priced and had high...

Worst beds anywhere. Towels were never available when you needed one. Restaurants were rarely open and had very limited menus of uninspired foods. No elevators or help with carrying luggage up three flights of stairs.

The market on site was reasonably priced and had high quality products. The baguettes were magnificent. The staff was pleasant. Nice balcony view. Close to town and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Alexi the social staff intern went over and above planning...

Bed was a bit hard. Pillows needed fluffing up. Buffet at Habitation. I would prefer smaller meals.

Alexi the social staff intern went over and above planning things for our kids ages 11-14. Fabrice and two others great at the bar. Will and Elodie very helpful at front desk. Priscilla great gym classes.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Great location, very nice apartment - although quite a large...

The hotel would benefit from refurbishement - nothing major, but it feld a bit worn down. Kitchen equipment could be upgraded. We were on the top floor - it would have been nice to have a foldable cover to protect from the rain on the balcony (not essential, but nice to have).

Great location, very nice apartment - although quite a large complex, it did not feel overcrowded. Very nice beach and great coastal path for walks (or jogging). Nice addition - diving club and watersports centre! Overall super relaxing atmosphere and a great holiday location.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Over all a nice place, with a great pool area.

The hotel was a little worn out. For example, the lock on our patio door was broken, which was solved by putting some pieces of wood in tension between the door and wall. We were espacelly unsatisfied with the making up of the room, wich only was done every 3-4th day. This was a problem because of lack of toilet paper, clean towels and lacking of space in the garbage can

Over all a nice place, with a great pool area. The hotel is near to the local villiage of St. Luce with som nice resturants located at the shore.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

The location was wonderful.

Would have been nice to have a place to get coffee in the morning, without getting the full buffet (15 euros). And maybe have the bar open before 4pm.

The location was wonderful. Close to some of the island's best restaurants, and St. Luce, Marin, and some gorgeous beaches, including the one in front of hotel. Loved having the kitchenette outside on the porch.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

The staff was very friendly, and the grounds were beautiful.

All of the dining options closed quite early. We arrived shortly before 10 pm, and everything was already closed. The bartender was kind to give us a plate of fruit and some potato chips to go with our ti punch.

The staff was very friendly, and the grounds were beautiful. It was not at all crowded. The tuna dish at the seaside restaurant was delicious, and the pichet rose was an excellent value.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

+Swimming pool

+The comforter/blanket was small for 2 people/ double bed +Had to clean all trash cans before checking out +Only 1 key available for 3 people

+Swimming pool +Free parking and wifi

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Bad service all round, beach restaurant closed, during 6...

Bad service all round, beach restaurant closed, during 6 night stay no room service whatsoever. Requested and confirmed twinbedded room, got double room, took half day to sort out, reluctantly

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

Gorgeous location on a lovely point with view of beach,...

Like many European hotels, our double bed was two twins pushed together and they offer fresh towels and cleaning every 3 days. I would ask for a room a bit further from the main building and pool area which were a bit noisy in early evening due to the daily events by the pool (unless you prefer to be close to the action). If you are looking for an all-inclusive resort that pampers you with cushioned chaise lounges with palm-frond umbrellas shading you on the beach with waiters bringing you all of the alcohol you want, this place is not for you. This is a very decent, practical resort for middle class French families and couples who expect value for their money, not opulence.

Gorgeous location on a lovely point with view of beach, water and mountains. Close proximity to St. Luce with shore path to town. Lovely beach in front of property. On site Superette was not overly-priced (just slightly higher than town). Free parking and Wifi. Nice kitchen with dishwasher, 2 burner range and microwave for breakfast, lunch and even a simple dinner (pack a little dish detergent and paper towels and a sponge). Think of this as your beach condo rental for the week with 24-7 concierge desk on site and mid-week maid service. The perfect home base for exploring the beautiful island for a week: 20 min to Salines beach, 15 to St. Anne, 1 hour to Mt. Pelee in the north. Food on site was fresh and well prepared (but could use some more spicy choices for my Korean wife).

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Martinique is beautiful, the hotel's setting is...

The staff were generally rude and short, their standard answer was 'no', they were cheap with toilet paper/soap/shampoo (had to ask repeatedly for refills), they were repeatedly 'out' of beach towels, housekeeping was only once for a week long vacation (and not so noted on booking), room was tiny with twin beds, bathroom smelled of urine (not deep cleaned in a while clearly), pizza in their casual restaurant was terrible (did not eat at formal restaurant).

Martinique is beautiful, the hotel's setting is excellent being very close to beaches and we had a nice pseudo ocean view (for extra), the hotel put on a good New Year Eve party and firework show. Of course we had a great time despite this being a terrible hotel and a terrible value; how can you not in Martinique but would not return to this hotel and recommend avoiding this hotel to others. One front desk staff member by the name of Jordan was different, being friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Beautiful venue near the beach on lovely well kept grounds.

Staff pleasant but underachieving. Advertise 3 restaurants but 2 were frequently closed, limiting dining options. Loud music and parties in pool area every night, disruptive if you are hoping for R&R in the evenings. Renting a private villa would provide more bang for the buck, given the property's service limitations.

Beautiful venue near the beach on lovely well kept grounds. Pool is exceptionally well maintained and very nice - kid friendly. Hotel concierge helpful in setting up excursions.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

There are many activities on offer and there is a lovely...

WIFI didn't work at all during visit.

There are many activities on offer and there is a lovely fishing village about twenty minutes walk along the coast.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

all great, also evening programs were great the best was...

wifi cost 10e per one week and it was terrible, connection was lost all the time almost not worth to pay for such service

all great, also evening programs were great the best was kako du group

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

Nice apartment, beautiful gardens.

Restaurant food was expensive (we booked room only) so we did self-catering. Resort is quite remote...about 1.5km to village along the coastal path (no problem if you like walking).

Nice apartment, beautiful gardens. Outside kitchen on balcony is nice touch. Close to pretty & quiet beach. Large swimming pool. Shop and launderette on-site is very useful. We stayed 2 days in mid december and value was excellent. I tried to book for another stay 2 weeks later and the price had doubled...normal seasonal variation I presume.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

Facilities are fine.

We were not aware that this was so family oriented, probably great for kids for less so for couples. Obligation to wear a wristband on the premises I found weird and unnecessary.

Facilities are fine. Buffet breakfast with plenty of options.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Major deterioration in the room, could certainly do with a...

Major deterioration in the room, could certainly do with a renovation.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

Nice faculty .

Not ideal for families with grown children

Nice faculty . Good for families with young kids

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Pool

Sea had jelly fish and we were not warned...I got bitten twice.

Pool

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.