Reviews of Bayview Hotel & Apartments This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

143 The Strand, GZR 1026 Il-Gżira, Malta

#14 of 17 hotels in Il-Gżira

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Good hotel in an even better location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Hotel is very suitable for people in adventures mind, alone, families or other group forms. Very good accommodation location if you want to have easy access to the public transportation network or use short ferry rides. 21.- EUR bus pass takes you every desirable public attraction place in Malta. To visit more remote locations in the island just hire car for a day or two. Be aware, that "advertised" free parking is based on free space available on the street or side streets. The hotel has no responsibility to provide you with parking space. Personnel in the reception, at a restaurant and cleaning staff, were all friendly, nice and helpful. I am sure, that the service provides for you reflects the personality of yourself. Be nice and you are treated nice. Noticed one guest demanding to see the hotel manager complaining about most of the things in the hotel. As I did hear only a little, then I cannot judge but sure there are some things to consider. There was something about her expectations not met. Not sure who booked a room for her. Don't hesitate to write to the hotel before arrival about special requests or get an answer for concerning questions. I did and got answers and everything went well. If the fridge is something you definitely need, then make sure it is mentioned in your booking form or request confirmation. Same about all other small details. Presuming something during international travels is the best way to ensure, that something can go wrong. Breakfast - add pancakes and jars of jam and the whole breakfast concept improves. You do not need 3 different croissant options, so there is a place for pancake trays. I think the restaurant should get rid or those individually packed small jams in plastic packages due to environmental impact those make. Use bigs jars or jam dispensers. Hotel is surrounded with options to have lunch or dinner or just a cappuccino.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Terrible place!
    • Family Room

It was the worse hotel I’ve stayed at for many years and I travel a lot. Facilities are old and tired, staff rude and all look depressed and worse of all the place is so expensive and terrible for the money.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Breakfast.
    • Family Room

First night the air conditioning was not working, so we had a bad night, it was a very dark room and very humid , then I asked my options and cancelled the other nights was with no refund, even if the air conditioning was not working, so I ask for a change of room that was better.

Breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

This hotel is not worth of money. There is need of huge renovation and customer centricity.
    • Family Room

-Our room was horrible, AC was totally too noisy so there was difficulties to sleep. One night we didn’t have AC at all. -Breakfast is ok but too crowded and cheap stuff is served. So we usually made our own breakfast. -We had trouble to use the kitchenette because kitchen equipment didn’t work properly. - If you like good night sleep there is no possibility for that. Noise and horrible bed. -There was also weird odour in our room. - The view was horrible as well. The pics there were when I booked the place were misleading. We paid quite a lot per night so I am unhappy with myself that I didn’t find out more about this hotel. This is a budget hotel and they should be more honest about the quality of everything. Location and pool ain’t enough when you are travelling with kids and you are middle aged.

- Rooftop pool with perfect view was truly Great. -Location is ok if you are a young person travelling with friends but we didn’t find it very valuable for our family needs. -Staff is friendly except one person at reception. Smile and friendly words now and then would be appreciated. -The drivers of this hotel chain are marvellous!

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

A polite staff and a great location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked for assistance at reception 3 or 4 times and they said someone will come. No one came. Room with several issues and not the best of cleanness. Half-decent breakfast overall but if choosing wisely you won't end up hungry. Let's say that in my country a hotel like this will be half the price if not less so not the best value for money.

A polite staff and a great location.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

When we were moved from the first and then the second room...
    • Family Room

The room was nothing like the property shown on the photos on booking.com, very run down and horrible bathroom and not enough room for three people. So we asked to be moved and were then shown a smaller room before we eventually were giving a two bed appt after asking. Breakfast not a lot of variety and what we got wasn’t great!

When we were moved from the first and then the second room we eventually got a fabulous two bed apartment! Great location.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Overall we had a comfortable stay, great location, access to transport excellent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast buffet could have been better, variety was good but quality was average. Bathroom, shower could be improved by adding an appropriate shower rose, also addition of some shelf or vanity in bathroom would improve things a lot.

Balcony room with sea view- sensational outlook. Highly recommended. Easy access to local transport and water based tours.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Comfortable bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very noisy, even with the window closed. Internet was awful! A bit over priced for what they offer! Tiny rooms.

Comfortable bed. Close to buses and ferries, shopping centers. Many restaurants. Nice view.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

6.0
    Breakfast was ok - except powdered eggs and coffee
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The cleaning lady entered our room in 8 o'clock in the morning to ask us if we're leaving. Weird powdered eggs at breakfast Bathroom

Breakfast was ok - except powdered eggs and coffee Great view and balcony Very good air conditioning

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

The location is very good, in the middle of Sliema, near the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

You can't stay on the balcony to admire the view, it's extremely noisy ( on the first floor). Everything is very outdated, the pillows are awful and the TV channels are unimportant ( we couldn't see the football matches!). Furthermore, the lady from the reception gave us another room, a smaller one and with another price ( no sea view, as we had booked, just some walls!), then she changed it and said it was a mistake. She gave us a wrong change when we paid ( minus 10 euros!). I had to ask for my money. Small details, indeed, but it counts.

The location is very good, in the middle of Sliema, near the bus stop and the ferry port. It's clean and the sea view is very beautiful. Good air conditioning.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Xemxija Heritage Trail Hotel

A bit funny system with deposit for TV remotes. But it probably has it's reason ;) At the same time very poor selection of TV channels. Best one turned out to be some Arabic one, which we ended watching. No free wifi. No room cleaning during entire stay of three nights. No dishwashing liquid in the kitchen. Not sure, if I would dare to book any other room, but the penthouse apartment at this place.

Penthouse apartment is superior with huge balcony and great view to all directions (bay and mountain). Location is very good. Xemxija Heritage Trail starts just some 100m from the hotel entrance. Decent parking. Convenience store and fruit&vegetables outlet just around the corner, as well as several cosy shoreline restaurants

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Globally satisfying
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was not friendly. Sliema area is noisy and crowded.

The very convenient location of the hotel, near to bus and boat to reach Valletta. The room, big enough, with space to put our clothes. The bathroom which was OK, unlike other hotels in Gozo island.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Great value in a good location, with friendly staff, and a rooftop pool.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room had an odd number of cups, saucers, plates, glasses etc, but no dish washing liquid, sponges or tea towels were provided. A sofa/lounge would have been a nice addition for sitting in.

All the staff we dealt with were excellent, the room size was generous and the rooftop pool was great.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

In Sliema Hotel- great. Bayview Apts- Not so great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We paid significantly more for a Sea-view room/ apartment but when we checked in late at night were given a side room looking across at another building. At that time of night we had no option but to stay. In the morning, I was informed that the the Bayview was over-booked and no other rooms were available. I duly found alternative accommodation that met our requirements and transferred the next morning to the Sliema Hotel (same company) for a room with a wonderful sea view including Valetta and had a good 6 nights there where the staff were most helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Comfortable hotel, great location, awesome rooftop pool
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Breakfast was a bit boring, same same every morning. Good coffee/tea though. Also, if there are a couple of families with small children at the pool, relaxing is pretty much compromised. (It didn't happen too often though.)

There are no beaches around, so the pool was awesome! Wonderful views, clean water, snack bar... and they don't close at 6 pm as the sign says, but much later. Staff is very friendly, helpful and always there when you need them. Very hardworking people. We especially liked Edwin and Anastasia. :) I forgot my glasses in the room when we left. They were super helpful and mailed it to me within a few days for a small fee. I was very happy. So easy to get around, the bus stop is right in front of the hotel, the ferry terminal is a few blocks down. Nice ride to Valletta, and a lot faster than the bus. Good restaurants in the neighborhood, the Turkish place right next door is a good choice if you don't feel like going too far. We liked the Hungarian restaurant as well, Margaret Island, it's also in walking distance. Buy your fresh fruits next to the Turkish place, they have good stuff. Going home: If you don't mind a little walking, you can catch the TD2 airport bus near the ferry terminal, and it takes you directly to the airport without any other stops. But you can book your shuttle upon arrival for both ways at the airport, that's only 5 euros per person one way.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Good location,lovely views,close to ferries and buses a pleasant stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The only real downside was the pillows,sorry Bayview they werevery lumpy,to befair they supplied us with 4 extra pillows but none were comfortable. There is night noise from the fair on Manoel island,but if you close the patio door and use the air con its not a problem,anyway this is not the hotels fault just for info

The location is good for getting around with bus stop outside. The views from our room were lovely out onto the harbour.the roof terrace and pool area was clean with adequate sun beds ,chairs and brollies,we always found a seat. The roof top bar was well priced and the food available for lunches was excellent.. Our room on 5th floor had a wonderful front facing sea view,a small well equipped kitchen was a bonus,coffee on the terrace of a morning was so nice without having to leave the room. The reception staff were polite and friendly and our chamber maid surprised us every day by leaving animals made up with towels on our bed a lovely touch.On departure reception ordered our taxi ,you pay them and are given a voucher,taxi arrived on time with a friendly driver

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Very nice stay where you can sleep in peace.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was really ugly ( military style) and the matress was hard ( I'm ok with that but beware if you have back problems). Not really fitting the hotel standing.

Big room and bathroom,clean, very quiet and nice location.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

The location is near harbor zone with a nice view.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The bathroom was awful, not very clean, the rooms are with minimum furniture for minimum comfort. The kitchen in the room has an announce: 'if you want to use it, speak at the reception for fees' or something like this. We changed the initial room due to the lack condition of the bathroom.

The location is near harbor zone with a nice view.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

poor!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel is old without any renovation,the mattresses worn out,the view (unless you book an ocean view room) non-existent , you can't adjust the a/c (it was either on or off), and the room (mainly the bathroom) wasn't very clean!!

good location near the center and with good transportation! (buses-ferries)

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Holiday was very pleasent.

Not available

Very good breakfast. Near and accsesible for ferry and bus hop on/off. Staff are very pleasant and helpful in any issue. It is a good location for visiting.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Horrible Hotel. No A/C working in any room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

So first the A/C doesn't work , and they know about it and told me it only work for a couple minutes in a period of 4 hours. Imagine how hot it gets during the night time if outside is above 80 at night. I complaint 5 times with the manager but I got told every room has the same problem always. All the other guess we're sleeping with their door opens to the balcony to cool off. This is unacceptable for a hotel. Don't waste your money there expend a little more and enjoy your vacations in a way better hotel for a few bucks more

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

A relaxing stay at Gzira seafront.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I did not take breakfast. I was given an extremely quiet room and had no disturbance from guests or external car noise. Well located and I was very happy with my stay. The Staff were very professional and certainly knew boundaries.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Average.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff lost my check in document with all my bank details and home address filled in. I had to fill it out again the second day and this left me worried that someone has all my bank and home address details. Apparently it was 'lost' but they assured me it was not something to worry about. One the first morning someone had ordered room service on our corridor and the staff member kept knocking on their door so loudly that it woke most of the corridor up! It is a very echoey hotel and i would advise them to call the room by phone if the guests are not answering, as we were woken at 7.30am after a long journey the night before. There was a kitchen in the room but if we wanted to use it we had to pay extra. The shower was also cold every morning despite complaining. I've stayed in much much better hostels than this hotel.

I liked the spa attached to the hotel and the big balcony we had.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Awesome roof terrace with 3 pools and an amazing view.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was issues with some credit cards at the reception though mine worked ok. From my balcony there was a view to the dirty backyard. Roof terrace closes at 6pm which is just stupid.

Awesome roof terrace with 3 pools and an amazing view. Hotel has really good services and an excellent location. Bus stop Ponsonby is right in front of it. Nice old Mediterranean hotel and not too expensive at least during week days.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Fabolous location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The receptionists could have been a little nicer and friendlier. We felt like we were a nuisance to them every time we would ask for simple tasks like getting a taxi for us. Either they were really having a bad day or just didn’t like being asked to do things. Also the toilet could do with a shower curtain as the water was everywhere everytime we’d use the shower. We had to use the towels to dry up the floor.

We liked the location and how close it was to Valletta and St Julians. It was lovely to go for a walk along the Strand at night. We had a balcony and had a lovely view of Sliema. We also enjoyed the roof top pool. We also opted for breakfast which we enjoyed and plenty of variety. Its good value for money for the location and amenities the hotel has to offer.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Malta is a wonderful country and so are Maltese people.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Ladies at the reception desk could smile more often :D

Wonderful place to stay when travelling to Malta. Excellent location in proximity to Sliema-Valetta Ferries. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. We recommed it to everyone.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Needs tweaking to make it an enjoyable stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Worst pillows I've ever had to use, inexcusable. Nip round to Lidl and get some new ones at little cost! Rooms at the front desperately need new, efficient double glazing because of traffic noise. Woken at 5 every morning.

Friendly reception staff, lovely rooftop area and pool, but could be opened earlier for a pre breakfast swim.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The two lifts seemed to have a mind of their own.

Friendly and helpful staff. Convenient location for exploring the island. Wonderful view of the bay from the pool terrace.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Good for the price but some things falsely advertised as included
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In the booking information it states that a EUR 100 deposit would be taken. This was not the case, the whole payment for the booking was taken at check in. There are a number of items there are implied as being included but are not: The safety deposit box is EUR 5 per week plus EUR 5 deposit for the key (in the small print) Free toiletries means toilet paper and hand soap which is also the shower gel and shampoo. Photo of room did not match No electric kettle No portable wi-fi. As in a device you can walk out of the hotel with. Not sure what they mean by portable. Its normal wi-fi that you can connect to in the building. Shower has low pressure, doesnt switch from tap properly so the tap is still running. Balcony is probably good if you have a sea view but if you are not, the balcony is in the light well, approx. 10 m from the opposite balcony. Not a great view and definitely no sunshine. These rooms are dull inside as there is little sunshine, not as in picture.

Good location, bus stop across the road but the buses are usually already full. Lift is useful as there are 7 floors, but takes a while to get Room was cleaned every day, room is secure to keep your belongings. Places to have eat and drink nearby Great automated luggage storage machine, barcode operated, can leave you luggage after check out. Easy to connect to wi-fi. Reception printed our boarding passes, which is good even though the toner was low and they didn't actually scan. Shuttle from airport is EUR 20. Can be useful late at night when the buses don't run. 24 hr reception. Good for the price compared with other hotels.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Room was dusty and in need of refurbishment.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Room was dusty and in need of refurbishment. Had ants in the corridor which found their way into the room and was reported three times. Also saw dead cockroaches in the corridors and felt we were overcharged for transfer to airport when we left.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

The solarium and the swimming pool on the top floor
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I can't realize how this hotel got 3 stars. The room was dirtyand terribly noisy. No toilet kit. Staff totally unprofessional. Breakfast cost was low but quality of the food was very poor.

The solarium and the swimming pool on the top floor

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

real nice hotel and the breakfast was really ok you have...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the pool from interior on the future u could use warm water other people are more sensitive :))

real nice hotel and the breakfast was really ok you have from what to chose. I recomended

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Good for sleeping only. I would have been better off with a hostel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room, terrace door was cracked and fixed with clear tape, gym open only 9-18 same for the pool. The room had a terrace with chairs but they were so dusty you couldn't sit on them. The hotel loves taking deposits even for an iron...

The bed was comfortable. Lobby looks good and there is a bar area too.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The front desk was misleading and dishonest about the airport shuttle. I had requested the return to the airport at the end of my trip. The lady told me it would just be a few minutes so many times and kept me waiting for over an hour saying the driver was just around the corner. The driver told me that he did not know anything about it. Then he drove like a crazy person almost getting into an accident. The worst part is when we arrived he asked me for a receipt which the front desk did not give me. He then treated me like a criminal insisting I pay him even after I informed him that I paid 20 euros to the front desk and he should call the hotel to confirm. It was a lovely trip but a nightmare at the end. I could have just taken a taxi but kept being told just a few minutes and was clearly being lied to. Followed by not being given, or told I needed a receipt to show the driver made for a dreadful experience which almost cost me making my flight on time.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

the details and the equiptment of the room are quite used,
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

the details and the equiptment of the room are quite used, the bath room need more cleaning in details the beds are terrible - beds like this you my use a auxiliar but not as the main beds

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Fantastic location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are quite small (at least mine). Probably a bit tight for families with children. Not all the rooms have a nice view (mine didn't and it was too close to the next balcony, so people could look into your room, unless you close the drapes, which made it too dark!)

Fantastic location! You have Shops, Restaurants, Banks and everything a traveller needs just in the same street. The Hotel has all the basic amenities. If you need a quiet, clean place to sleep and wander around during the day, then you found your place!

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Don't expect anything above "ordinary". Certainly not worth the money paid out for 6 nights.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Dispite asking for the air conditioning to be made to work with cold air all the staff did was put the unit on with HOT air. At 22:00,while trying to sleep, a staff member came to my room to explain that the whole complex was on hot air as winter was cold (Dispite the outside temperatures reaching 25+°c) and try WOULDN'T put the cold air on till next month! Reporting the bath plug leaking was never resolved either.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Stunning view over the bay area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Stunning view over the bay area. It was a clean and large room including a living area. The bed was ok and the A/C was functioning. The top floor offered a indoor and an outdoor pool with the same view over the bay. The location was great near public transport and ferry point. Parking was a bit tricky even with all the free spots around the boardwalk.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

The view was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

For a hotel it did not have any bathroom products. The shower was not removeable in order to take a shower you had to wet you hair no other way. The sheets did not look ironed the towels not to clean. Small room compared to pictures and as soon as I checked in they made me pay all up front.

The view was good. Close to trasportation.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

We didn't try the restaurants, so couldn't comment.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location of room meant that there was very little natural light, but this is only a problem if you plan to spend the day in the room (so not really a problem). Bathroom window didn't seem to close, but the temperature wasn't a problem in March, it may have caused a waste of heating / airco. There was also not a lot of sound isolation in the room, meaning we heard a lot of other guests (and the cleaners') conversations.

We didn't try the restaurants, so couldn't comment. The bed was comfortable and warm, and the room was clean. The roof terrace and pool was very enjoyable.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Friendly staff, they took time to explain everything we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The only downside is the breakfast, the offer was poor and the place was crowded. For €7 you can get a very good breakfast anywhere in the city. Everything else was great. I would recommend.

Friendly staff, they took time to explain everything we asked and gave us good recommendations on attractions and restaurants nearby. The room was nice and spacious.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Nice hotel, top personal.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When we arrived sheets were not very clean.

Personal is very friendly and helpful, it is easily reachable by public transport, very central but nice to sleap.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Good staff, facilities and location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- The gym and sauna were closed.

- Room was big and clean. - The cleaning staff went to my room every day. - The indoor pool and hot tub were perfect. - Staff was really nice and helpful! I booked the continental breakfast but the hotel said that I didn't book it and I had to pay for it; at the end, they sorted out everything and I didn't pay extra.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Good value hotel in great location with very friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was a bit like a school canteen at breakfast and not great quality food. Would have liked a duvet but blankets were ok.

Great location- very close to all the sights. Staff very friendly and helpful- no complaints with the service

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Tolerable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

First of all they promote free parking, but they mean publick parking if you find! And this sounds like a scam to me. Beds were close to tragic and finaly, the bath had only a stable shower without a telephone.

The room was spacy and the location is nice.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Good location and nice Bay view
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bathroom looks very old, and the shower is basically just a pipe from the ceiling pouring water in the bathtub. Also the heating system is very noisy and the balcony doors were not isolating completely the noise coming from the street.

The sea view from the balcony is very nice, breakfast is good and the free parking spaces in front of the hotel are easy to find.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Great money for value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel was a good value for money. We traveled with my mum. Booked a sea view room. Room was simple, but very comfy and got everything we needed. Also kitchenette corner is very useful and can be a great bonus for anyone trying to travel budget! It has ll you need to prepare a meal. Staff of the hotel were extremely nice and helpful! I reported our balcony door not fixing well (as we wanted to lock the doors as we left the room) and it was fixed right away and the reception apologized for this issue! Very nice and helpful staff. The cleaner made some nice animal figures from the towels for us. That was cute :) Mind that if you're a light sleeper, sea view rooms might be too noisy for you as the traffic is right next to the building. But view is very nice - just over the harbor with a lot of nice boats. :) Location is Excellent! Buses passing by just next to the hotel and 2 stops further is the central stop for most of the buses and the ferry going to Valletta. Perfect! + Next to the hotel there is a Chinese restaurant, in the basement. We decided to give it a chance on our last night - good food and great value. In the rooms facing sea you'd get the sunshine throughout the day! Would definitely return.! Great value for money!

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Great location and value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was over rated - hot foods were not so hot, lack of choice on the continental breakfast counter. It would have been if there was porridge.

Great location and perfect for short stays

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

The serbian girl on the reception is very friendly and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The indoor pool was too cold and the hot tub didn't work well, beds are also not comfortable.

The serbian girl on the reception is very friendly and helpfull.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

beautiful location, anything you might need is close at...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

neighbours kids running amok in the corridor, day and evening didn,t do much for my tender head.

beautiful location, anything you might need is close at hand........ I,d really like to compliment the staff all round, who just couldn,t do enough to be helpful, but most especially the biggest thanks to Charlene, the night receptionist. whose cheerfulness put a big smile on this grumpy face....... would i go back?..........in a heartbeat

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

We enjoyed every bit of it.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View - Annex

One of receptionists seemed bit under the weather, but two other were cute. All super helpful, so not much to complain in overall.

The view. Stunning. Priceless

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

cheap and miserable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms feel grubby and basic. The lift is tiny and old. The corridors are narrow and dark. The common areas felt cramped and dingy. The beds are lumpy and creaky. The bathroom was very basic and uncomfortable. Really the whole place was dated and in need of renovation.

The location is the only positive point about this hotel

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Great value, lovely experience!

No real downside, travellers from continental Europe and US should note that Malta uses UK mains sockets, but our hotel rooms also had euro socket.

Good position on main street overlooking harbour. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially after my colleague left his tablet behind! Nothing special regarding decor, but nice clean room with small balcony, good wifi and very handy for cafes and bars etc.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Amazing experience, would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

Rooms a little cramped at times, worth upgrading to a sea view

The customer service went above and beyond what was expected. I’ve never had a smoother trip due to the wonderful staff

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Disappointed did not live up to review and grade.!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel needs a total reform , bathroom tiles old and grout discolored, shower head abysmal, no shelf for toiletries, towels stained. Pillows not good quality . Boulevard bar facilities infrequent.

Location and balcony view

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Great area for a long weekend. Alot to see.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View - Annex

Not enough extras in Apartment. No mugs No tea towels etc etc..............No basics

Fantastic view from 2 bedroomed apartment although can get a little noisy with the traffic. The Hotel staff were ever helpful................we loved Charlene

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Whatever you do, don't bring a car!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View - Annex

-Finding a parking space was hell! Every time we returned, we had to drive up and down the promenade several times, and then walk a long distance to the apartment after finding a spot. -The apartment had nothing available for washing up (washing-up liquid, sponge, etc.). After asking several times, with no response, we went and got some ourselves!

Great location with a very nice view. Very roomy and clean apartment. Breakfast is good value for money.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

Go AWAY from this hotel - stay in St. Julian's town instead
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was busy and very unfriendly. They have also accidentally charged more than 2 times more the total price of the hotel and forced me to sign the credit card receipt telling that they will refund the money later (more than a week later I still have not got the money nor the information about the status). The doors to the room have 0 level sound protection. I thought that I am sleeping on the stairway. Could hear all the people at the evening and early mornings. I will never stay in this hotel again if I will be visiting Malta again.

The room looks nice and spacious. The beds are OK. The only good thing about the location is that it is close to Ferry. Next time I would definitely stay in St. Julian's instead. The bus stop was just in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Scruffy room with a no-show room service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

scruffy room, inconvenient bathroom room service didn't show up to clean the room - returned to an unmade bed in the evening ! staff never got back to me about the complaint (or a refund)

cheap (but still not worth the money)

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Very nice stay , but Malta needs a week at least to do it justice (we only stayed 3 days).
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Excellent location, clean comfortable and compact accommodation. Breakfast OK, standard for 3 * property. All in all very pleasant stay, public transport all close by as were locations for day trips.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Quite an experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The first night we checked in late at 11:30 pm and we had advised the hotel about our late flight and they had confirmed it is ok-the hotel was fully booked and they had double booked our room so they sent us to another appartment of theirs which was 5 mins walking in a not well lit alley, I had to pull my luggage on the uphill road following the boy who was going so quickly ahead! They didn’t even tell us the address of the new location! On top of that our both key cards to the room weren’t working and the staff said take it to swap tomorrow morning! I explored the appartment and it was old and worn down you can see in my photos attached even the coffee table was damaged! I had requested a double bed for me and my partner but they had 2 single beds instead! The wifi wasn’t working I rang the reception and told the man he said to try again we haven’t changed the password making me sound like an idiot (both me and my partner have an IT background)! Then he called back saying the modem is not working if you want you can come to the main hotel and use it there! I told him I am a woman in a foreign country stuck in an appartment room which doesn’t have a 24/7 hour reception desk my key card is not working I don’t know which address I am at, no internet at 12 midnight in a quiet area and you are telling me to walk to the hotel at this time in the night to access internet and let my family know I am ok- how inconvenient! He said I can’t do anything we are fully booked. I also realised the room had no toiletries, it was freezing in the appartment the heater wasn’t working properly I tried to use the spare blankets in the closet they were so dusty that it made me cough for 20 minutes (I am allergic to dust) God knows when was the last time they were washed! I was in tears, I called booking.com using my international roaming immediately and luckily they were so nice and comforting they followed it up with the hotel to change our room ASAP.

Location of the original hotel which is on Main Street is great and accessible by every thing. The hop on hop off bus is just across the road 2 mins walking distance. The bay looks amazing.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Location, Comfortable bed, Friendly Staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Towels weren't very clean, mould around the shower door we could also smell mould in air in the room. TV in the room but very poor choice of the channels.

Location, Comfortable bed, Friendly Staff

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Good value for a short stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was cold in the room during our stay in November and only thin blankets were available. Usage of the air conditioning was not the best solution as it worked loudly. We missed an electric kettel with some cups in the room.

Convenient location with bus stops to Valetta next to the hotel, various restaurants, caffeterias and shops nearby. Friendly staff at the reception. The size of the room was fair enough for a comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

It was a shame that the cleaning standard is so low, otherwise it could have been a great hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room was dirty when we arrived. Food waste were on the floor from the previous guests. Bathroom wasn't cleaned properly (sink and bath was very dusty).

The hotel has a great location, easy access to public transport and ferries.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Perfect choice if you're not planning to spend most of your time in the hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small and not very light, the heating system was not working properly. There was no fridge in the room.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean all the time. The balcony was huge.There's a great view from the roof, where the swimming pools are.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Enjoyed my time in Malta and will definitely be looking to back again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Cleanliness was good throughout the hotel, however, the cleanliness of the indoor pool area wasn’t up to my standards. Hence the reason why I marked it down. Using the sauna room in my opinion was quite expensive at €15 for an hour.

The hotel is in an ideal location where most places are walking distance. 2 restaurants on the ground floor which are really helpful and there is an Shop/off license next door which is reasonably priced. Views from the rooftop! Staff were extremely helpful. There is a masseuse at the property and is really good and relatively cheap, which was an added bonus! Prices ranged from €20-30.. worth it!!

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Great stay in Malta spoilt by a very poor hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the staff were unhelpful even lying in some circumstances, we asked for a drink at a bar in the hotel that was advertised as being open and they told us they had no glasses !, the hotel has a serious issue with air flow, when the aircon is turned off air still flows from the basement to the roof,if there is any breeze (let alone serious wind) then the air rushes from the basement to the roof at an amazing speed producing the sound of a jet engine, the hotel owners and staff know this but pretend it is not happening. I would never stay there or recommend it to anyone else.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Not very recommendable nn da consigliare x lo staff freddo
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We waited so much to see magical Malta....the country is beautiful but..The personal at this hotel in general quite cold behaving, a brown hair lady working at the reception didn't even greeted you saying good morning but let you wait for a moment before interrupted her work at the computer..we felt like ignored. We then later asked some information and a young lady just told us something not very clearly,not making us understood exactly where the ferry leaves. The bar is open until 22:30. We entered at 22:18 and the lady there said it was closing time, I only asked for a cup of tea because I almost had lost my voice because of the flu. So that's about the staff...The room was quite small and toilet seat didn't work very well, Otherwise the room was ok. We never want to come back to this hotel because of the staff who is not made to serve turists.

well-situated hotel in Sliema

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Generally pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Toilet ran slightly but constantly wasting water so low flush worked poorly. Left at 06.00 . Had been told breakfast bar was available (having paid for breakfast that day). It turned out to be half filled kettle with instant coffee/tea as only drink. plus a plastic wrapped loaf of sliced bread on the side, Although butter and jam were available there were no croissants, yoghurt or fruit juices which was rather disappointing,

Room clean, beds comfortable, breakfast in dining room excellent

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

A little quiet, but worth the visit. Clean and friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the gap under the door to our room as if you wake up in the night (like me), (personal choice) I found it hard to go back to sleep. Everything else was as I would expect.

The pool on the roof overlooking the bay was always clean as they don't allow food to be taken up there. Lovely backdrop for photo's. Always friendly staff on the reception. Room was cleaned daily, and towels were changed everyday if required.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Beautiful view,great location,good for value,look for Dragana otherwise don't expect good service
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View - Annex

As I have mentioned Dragana at reception was extremely kind and helpful,she went out of her way to help.Rest of the staff really need some training as customer service wasn't good and I'm being polite here.Check out happened with another lady who was rude and uninterested helping with any question.Never said Thank you for staying,hope to see you or any of it.Until that moment we overlooked any negativ thing as we knew it was a 3 star hotel but her treatment put a negativ feel to our stay.The hotel needs many Draganas there to treat customers kindly.

Location is amazing.We booked a 2 bed apartment with fantastic view to the harbour.The apartment was ok,it had its faults but we did not mind as the view was breathtaking.It was cleaned everyday.Great housekeeping staff for sure.At reception you must look for Dragana,best staff ever.She made our stay much better.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

The view in 7710 was stunning. Sunrises were amazing.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View - Annex

The view was amazing, large unit, central location but out of the hustle & bustle. Had all eminities working. Aircon was great. Close to ferry service.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Lovely Stay in Malta
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed sheets weren’t changed in the week we were there. No mattress protectors. The bottom sheet wasn’t fitted so slid around during the night. The view from our balcony (inland room which I didn’t know I was booking, as there was no indication on the reservation form) was pretty disgusting. We could have upgraded to front room two days after our arrival however as this was over the busy main thoroughfare we didn’t bother. The breakfast left a lot to be desired but Booking.com got our money refunded for the 6 days left so that was good. The pavements on the hotel side of the street are in very poor condition and at points quite hazardous. The other side of the street is the promenade which is in much better condition with lots of benches. We used citysightseeing tour bus (big red hop on hop off) which was a dreadful experience. Rude bus drivers and old buses that broke down and left you stranded. Waited over an hour for next bus (should’ve been 30 min) and then there were over 20 people had to stand to get back.

Location was great for visiting Valletta and surrounding area. Bus stop both ways right outside the hotel. Ferry to Valletta a short walk away. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Hotel situated on seafront. Visiting all monuments enabled learning of Malta’s history which is very interesting.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Great location to explore Malta. Lowest price compared to other hotels in the search.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The furniture is old, no shampoo, no shower cap, very narrow corridors, no fresh air in the corridors.

We have picked the hotel because of the low prices compared to other properties; because of the nearby bus stop (Ponsonby); because it is on walking distance to the ferry stop to Valletta and to other bus stops (Sliema Ferry) and to many places for food and drinks in Sliema. The room was clean and huge. Good view to the harbour!

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Nice break but the Buses to velleta are a nightmare
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

could do with general updating wardrobe door, drawer were stuck unable to open them with force. Noise building site next door to the hotel, fans at the rear of the property

Browse Bayview Hotel & Apartments Traveler Photo Gallery