Reviews of Burlington Apartments 3 stars

5.5

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

OK for one night...
    • Studio

No reception, you have to find where to get the keys. Noise during the night. No hot water in bathroom.

Close to sea, bars and restaurants. Clean room.

• Studio

Not mentioned that deposit of £50 will be taken at check~in upfront when booking a room. Not mentioned that you have to pay £10 per day if you want portable fan, the room was boiling. Very shabby and old place, lifts looked old and a bit risky. When checking in, we were asked when we wanted to check out, we said 10:30 and at that time no one turned up to check us out and give us the deposit back. When phoning the reception, no one was picking up, we had to go and demand checkout at hotel across the road. Disappoinment overall.

Staff were extremely helpful and nice, room was very spacious and had balcony

Apartment from hell
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Upon arrival I was told that I hadn't paid for the apartment and I owed £103 euros, I had paid weeks ago on my card, and was told that booking. Com hadn't paid them. After a big argument with two people I finally got the keys. The apartment is very hard to find, the roads are closed so you have to drag your luggage through the busy streets. The lifts were broken, and i was on the 6th floor, no balcony the beds were made of plywood and long nails the rooms were horrible and I was kept awake until 7am with drunk people in the building screaming and shouting and kicking the lift doors. Never been so frightened. Would not recommend this place to anyone. very dark and dinghy. Booked two nights and checked out after the first night full of insect bites as the apartment was full of bugs where they left every window open before i arrived. I would rather sleep on the beach than spend the night in burlington apartments.

It was a huge problem with a transfer to the airport.
    • Studio

It was a huge problem with a transfer to the airport. In the site of the appartments was indicated that it provideds the transfer for additional payment. The personal booked us a taxi but it did not arrive in time. Also the adapter was absent, so we could not charge the mobile phone.

It reminded me of my college years and the dorm rooms.
    • Studio

It reminded me of my college years and the dorm rooms. We had no blankets, not enough toilet paper ( we had to buy some), elevators didn’t work well. Someone got stuck.. there’ s a phone number listed in case you need assistance. Don’t bother to call, nobody answers. The room was cleaned once, on our last day. Pretty loud because of other guests who were partying in their rooms.

Unclean Old Apartments but with good location
    • Studio

Very unclean apartments. Reception doesn`t work. Very diffucult to contact staff. Location is very good, not far from the sea, shops, bus stop.

Location is very good, not far from the sea, shops, bus stop.

I liked the fact that the apartment is very close to clubs...
    • Studio

Check in process was a bit complicated because the reception/office is in a different building and since everything is under reconstruction, it was hard to notice sign of the apartments.

I liked the fact that the apartment is very close to clubs and bars, but it was not loud during the night. The location is great, close to beach, supermarkets, bus stops etc. It's easy to get around.

Very low water pressure in the bathroom+ the water heater...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very low water pressure in the bathroom+ the water heater was on the whole day, I came back around 8pm every day and it was possible to fill to the tub with water to the height of about 20 cm.

Right in the city, big. Felt right at home
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It would be nice to have someone clean the room and bathroom sometimes during our stay. Also it would be nice to have the option for a double bed, instead of two single beds.

The place is gigantic, much bigger than expected. Felt right at home.

I would not reccommend it
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No hotel name outside, and we spent a lot of time to find it. No reception at all; the information provided is in fact misinformation; "If arriving outside of reception hours, guests must collect keys to their apartment at the reception of the The St. George's Park Hotel, open 24-hour." OK, an what about guests who arrive within office hours? There is no reception of ANY kind, the keys have to be collected at another hotel, and it is not St. George's Park Hotel, but I believe it is called The Dragonara Hotel. (I am not sure of the name because, again, there is no hotel name outside; I go by what I was told by the staff). No information of any kind how to find the reception. We were lucky to meet a girl who supervises cleaning and she helped us but another couple spent an hour looking for the Burlington Apartments (a hotel name sign would certainly be welcome), and when they found the apartments they found only empty corridors with closed doors. Fortunately they met us and we told them where to go for the keys. THE ROOM: Windows did not close and did not shut off the noise. The toilet did not flush!!!! We had tu use a pot to flush it!!!! A new pot, though. The room badly in need of paint. Scrateched furniture. Air conditioning filthy and so dusty inside that we were afraid it would spread germs if we tried to use it. The clean and attractive-looking apartment on their website is probably the only presentable one.

clean towels and bedsheets, good location

Bad and dirty
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We reached the apartments late at night and due to the fact that there's no reception in the building we were following the instructions of a paper that was saying that the reception was in another building. We went to the other building and it was everything closed. So after all this the only solution was to ask around about it till eventually we found a guy who gave us his phone to call the emergency number of the reception. In the end the reception was in a completely different building and not even next to apartments . In the end we didn't like the apartment it was a little bit dirty and smelly, and the whole building was looking like abandoned

horrible
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

nothing at all looked like a dosshouse self catering apt had no cups no forks loud rave music started 4 am got no sleep window in bedroom broken very cold wind blew all night lifts did not work went to wrong floors

Overall Good stay
    • Studio

Cleaning staff came knocking on the door 2 hours prior check out time. We waited in a queu for more than an hour to check in.

Rooms are big and in a very good location.

Wifi is a very bad and very dark lamp.
    • Studio

Wifi is a very bad and very dark lamp. We did not spend much time on this, because at first we went there and searched for about 1.5 hours; later we discovered that the key to another hotel had not been reported to me, and we were deaf. After a while, my bank had already paid for the hotel, the servant said that he could not use the bank, I paid a fine, later I watched my bank, took it there already. I went in the office early in the morning and got my money back, it was hard for us.

Comfy relaxing enjoyable 2nd time at Burlington & already booked my 3rd
    • Studio

More hangers in the wardrobe more plug sockets as on 2 worked in my apartment and there's none by the beds maybe a tv or radio .

Spacious clean well equipped for short or long stays

+Kitchen with equipment
    • Studio

- Noise through windows - Hard to find reception (it is in other building) - Elevator was out of order

+Kitchen with equipment +Good location +Spaciness +Price

👍

No reception so anyone could walk into the building , good spot for a sesh but nothing else

Smell of weed was lovely through out the building cuzz , the fact the tv was facing the stairs was great for us to sit there and look at the wall ,

Not so satisfied. Unfortunately.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The doors to the balcony didn't close well and since we were in December/January at night when it was cooler and there were strong winds the room also got cooler and we were listening to the winds going throw the holes. There was something that was supposed to heat the room but it was broken. There was a monitor I quess it's supposed to be like a TV but that didn't work as well. And the guy where I checked in just gave me the key and didn't gave me any information. When I arrived at the apartment there was no electricity so I had to call the contact number and spend money because I was calling a foreign number. Also the location that is shown in the maps it is not correct. I went twice up and down the hill and couldn't find it, so I had to call the contact number for that as well, the girl was polite and explained me but until I could find it.. I made a huge telephone bill. So beware, the location on the maps is wrong. It is near but it's on a different street. The sheets on the beds smell bad, also the towels.. Kinda like acid smell. And the beds not so comfortable. Very thin walls, you can hear the neighbours everything.. And everything that is going on in the hallway.

Spacious.

mixed points
    • Studio

kicken stuf been better like smaller pans heater stopped working second day lifts stopped an started some days you got on right floor otheres up an down before you got your floor clearer here office is

it was ok for the price easy to find

Better pay a little more
    • Studio

The apartment is not good locate by google maps, it was difficult to find it. Also, I didn't see anyone from the staff and I went to looking for the key 5 minutes walking. I do not like that. Also, the heater was working just during the first day and the shower...NOT COMMENT

The location of the apartment, it is in the center of the party that it was what I was looking for.

Not Bad
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The door of the room was very bad, in the website shows that there is a TV and free internet, but actually there is no TV, No Internet, Not Kettle Electric for Coffee and Tea

There was free wifi in the room.
    • Studio

Check in and check out location is difficult to find. Their was no sign that shows any Burlington sign. There was also a condom sachet under the bed.

There was free wifi in the room.

We left panicked the next morning
    • Studio

Everything was dirty. The towels, the sheets, even the walls were completely dirty. Dust everywhere. The flush didn't work but nobody cared. The told us that it is as it is. The entrance of the buildinglooked like a red-light house, full of pee. Worst experience ever!

Nothing at all

convenient location for st julians and paceville however very very basic and not safe as explained a
    • Studio

Basic room, clean enough but facilities either broken or old or just not working. Fridge leaked, and water boiler temperamental. Security in building non existent as anyone can come into the lifts of the apartments and up to the floors. Had a drunk non resident male trying to come into the room at 4 in the morning and also made an attempt at grabbing my friends girlfriend in the lift. Not safe at all.

The location for night life is perfect

Good place if you want to party in St Julian's I guess
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Despite informing the property about late check-in, no-one was there. Only from other guests we learend how to pick up the key. WiFi didnt work, airco didnt work, quite old, not very nice

Good place if you want to party in St Julian's I guess

T
    • Studio

There is no barrier that would stop people from outside the hotel to get in, so one night it end up with some guy walking down the hall trying to get into hotel rooms. No chance of calling stuff outside od working hours. Closed reception on sunday.

good vacation
    • Studio

elevator shoud be renovate.

Main thing is perfect contact with personel. There was a little problem with keys ( a little mistake). The situation was clear in 5 minutes, they are hapefull even if you want to print sth. For them 10/10. Localisation is wanderfull. The price is good for this level.

good vacation
    • Studio

elevator shoud be renovate.

Only stay here again if could find no other alternative.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment looked very tired. Walls could do with repaint or at least a good wash down. The vinyl bench lounges had rips in them. Cleanliness was acceptable but not great. Really you are paying for location as room sub standard for what you are paying. No a/c so be mindful especially when booking in hotter months.

Great location, and apartment was really big

We were supposed to receive an email with more info about...
    • Studio

We were supposed to receive an email with more info about how to retrieve the key to the studio we booked but we didn't receive that so we had to call several telephone numbers listed in the building in order for someone to answer and tell us where to find the key, we had to walk to a nearby hotel to pick up the keys. In the evening when we arrived we had to go in the elevator with 2 junkies... in the studio it was a mess and the bathtub was flooded. There was a lot of noise and in that late night someone tried to open the door to that studio we were staying in Burlington ap.and made a lot of noise. We only staid for the night and moved to another hotel. We didn't receive our money back for checking-out early because, as far as I know , the property didn't replay to the emails supposedly send by booking.com . Don' t book this property if you want some peace. Book it if you want to meet junkies...

This place is only for teenagers!

WIFI, Beds!

Very central but noisy location, impossible to sleep! Stuff was not very helpful, still waiting for a final receipt I requested. No air conditioners, they charge an extra ££ to add air conditioner to your room! Beds are extremely uncomfortable, wifi don't work in rooms!

I did not like anything about these apartments.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

if you ask me they need to be gutted and the whole place needs doing up also the lifts stop working the smell of sick off the carpets in them was rotten... The place could also do with aircon as its so hot over there... We checked two nights bbefore we were meant to... Then there's a plastic key in a socket beside the lights you have to turn all the lights on to get one light on then start flicking them off again for the other lights to work... Plus its jot a great place to find we had to tell taxi men and that to go to the BOV bank because they didnt even know were they were

I did not like anything about these apartments...

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Staff drunk and place very noisy
    • Studio

Staff at reception not present, you must take the key from another hotel...I had to spend 3 hours in front of the hotel because the key of the room was damage and I called staff but unfortunately he did not answer me 2 hours. He arrived after 2 hours by accident saying that no one called him and ..he was drunk :(( Very noisy place. NO WI FI just at the 3 floor

Not as bad as in the reviews
    • Studio

No room service at all, no WIFI in the room, water leaking from the sink in the toilet, no UK to Europe power adapter in the room, no hair dryer in the room, kitchenette very poorly equipped

Great location, good connection to the public transportation, 3min walk from the nice St. George's beach, spacious apartment, modestly clean (bed sheets quite ok, but towels smell unpleasantly, sea view from the balcony

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Good accomodation for good price
    • Studio

It was very troublesome to find our apartment house as well as its reception. At last we learnt that their reception is located at very top floor in adjacent, near-by building - the entrance of Edrichton Holidays is through door, which is next to door marked as Berlitz

price-earnings ratio of accomodation, very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

It was horrible.
    • Studio

That my door was already forced, my stuff was not safe in the room because you could get in easy. Free wifi was promised but there was none. The Elevator was dangerous to take. The appartment was Never silent, there was loud noise all night long.

Nothing special

You get what you pay for - Pay a little and only get a little!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

- Proper information for Check in not provided - Had to go to 3 different places to get keys (its not difficult to list the key pick up location on the booking confirmation form)! - There is no parking at all - you need to park on the street (if you can find a spot)! - There is no wifi at all, you need to use the public wifi (if you get signal). - Our apartment had not been cleaned properly and there was still dust and broken glass on the floor. - Our bed linen had evidence of cigarette smoking (burns and stains)

Great Location, easy bus ride to Valetta / Sliema. Good amount of Pubs / Clubs and Restaurants in area. Is extremely cheap to stay, but you get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

No luxury, but cheap and a good location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There were no possibility to cook, the TV was broken, loud construction work on the floor below on the mornings, the place was hard to find and no information were given as to where to get the keys to the room.

It was cheap and the apartment was big

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Cheap, spacious - but not very luxurious appartment.
    • Studio

Spacious appartement, furniture very comfortable, staff is kind. You should, however, know that you're booking a very cheap appartment; so the kitchen is not exactly vastly equipped. It's got about all it needs, but it is not luxurious.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Balcony with a little bit seaview, location
    • Studio

Just after getting to the place, we collected the keys from the hotel nearby but had some difficulties with finding the building with our apartment, we had also problems with electricity but the office was closed and at 00.30 we had to walk to the hotel nearby to try to get some help. There was no information about the access to the internet in the building, althouh we needed it we had to wait until the next day to go to the office and ask. There were also problems with the lifts (5th floor) which not always worked. The apartment was old and and not well cleaned. Although we got it for a reasonable price in good location we encountered many difficulties.

Balcony with a little bit seaview, location

Burlington 18.03.17
    • Studio

People vommit everywhere on this place. That was disgusting! Room was dirty, kitchen utensils - gross! Nobody knows where is reception and nobody answer phone. I cant pay by card for deposit. Enter to apartments its a construction site. Everywhere was a construction! Girls who cleaning hotel are very loud and noisy from early morning. Price is good but i will dont choose one more time this place. Awful, disgusting, gross!

Best od this all was location. Nothing more...

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Not suggested...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Before arrive we asked to have the two beds pushed together. From booking we received the positive confirmation, but the recepcionist told us they don't do this kind of request, we should do it by ourself. They made us wait almost 2 hours for the cleaness of the apartment but it was not cleaned at all. In the apartament : lights, TV, shower and lift not working. Staff making noise from the early morning till late afternoon. Furnished were broken, dirty and old. WiFi is only on the third floor (very slow) in a very small corner with only 2 wooden benchs (for a building of 8 floors and more of 50 apartments). Just for you know the reception is in another building upper the Berltiz language school on the 4th,floor,so like this you avoid to walk like a stupid (like we did) with all our luggages to find it.,

The good things was the Sicilian Restaurant were we eaten every day and night life two steps away.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Got what we paid for..
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Cleanliness Arrogant cleaners One key could open our room and our friends' room ..

3 beds in a room for two. Cosy room. Liked the curtains that blocked all the sunlight away 😂

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Location was OK.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was room for two people with two single beds and we had only one duvet. In front of the hotel were redecoration works with the scaffolding. In the bathroom the water was leaking on the floor. It was difficult to find the reception to report the problems.

Location was OK.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Big, very basic, not really clean, impossible to find the staff to check in
    • Studio

It's very hard to find the staff which doesn't reside in the complex nor in the builing at the other side of the street as discribed on the website. We were searching for an hour, asking people on the street. The staff wouln't apologise for this and doesn't seem to bother or intend to fix this. He gave us a different accomodation than what we booked, wich was equally good for us but then he asked extra money for a second key. The kitchen doesn't have pots nor pans, no coffee machine,...

Just as a cheap place to overnight it's allright becouse it is so cheap. Is's in the middle of nightlife though relatively quiet.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

More than enough
    • Studio

No idea what the WiFi was but I could've asked so wasn't a problem really. Getting the keys were a bit of a mission to back and forth to find out where the main office was but still no problem.

Great location. Staff nice and helpful. Nice balcony. Good bathroom and kitchen facilities. Close to party town but far enough away to get a good night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Wi-Fi at Burlington ducks.
    • Studio

Why do you even offer free Wi-Fi if it only works on the 3rd floor and even there the connection is very poor, with all 3tv channels available only in Maltese foreign guests have absolutely no connection with the modern online world. Would def. consider visiting again if you get rid of the Wi-Fi prblm.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Horrible!
    • Studio

Furniture old No hitter working No electricity for cook Bad small in the oven... I paid for a flat and I couldn t cook

The blondie cleaner polland was really nice

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

No No No No No No No No
    • Studio

No Wifi No working ceiling fan No working room heater No hot water to shower or bath No toilet rolls (I kid you not) No lock/handle on balcony door No Grill pan for oven No contact from any staff. Hot water only plumbed to kitchen and bathroom sinks. Unclean kitchen with old cooking facilities, dirty and woke up once with a cockroach on the kitchen sink (see photo) Broken furniture unfit for use. Noisy neighbourhood until 5am most mornings.

Near to amenities Close to public transport Near ATM's Near Supermarkets

Nice Malta, disappointing apartment
    • Studio

Very difficult to make the check-in (not in the same building and when finding the place, the receptionist was very rude and unhelpful). The apartment was quite big and the heater was almost nothing for it, it was very cold. No heater in the bathroom. No amenities like soap and shampoo. One of the two beds had no quilt; we had to take the one for the 'sofa' from the living room closet. No microwave. TV was not working any time. The balcony window was not closing properly; it was always a bit open. We would not repeat neither recommend being there.

Clean sheets & towels

good location
    • Studio

very bad pre-informations, I'm not a detective..: --e.g at night arrival it's hard to find burlington block / please a bigger "Burlington" sign to the front of the street.. it's not expensive../ --where is the reception????? write it to the wall at the entrance that on the 3rd floor or in neighbouring buliding, in dragonara building!!! --wifi is only at 3rd floor in a common room, write it to a billboard because I could be informed about it only on third day when I found reception ..... --please a little bit more cleaning before arriving of a new guests / used bedlinen at arrival and used condoms under the bed.../

good location price-value accomodation it's a separate flat well equipped kitchen good heating

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Avoid staying at Burlington appartments
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

In apartment 905 the lamps didn`t work and we hadn`t any light but the problem wasn`t resolved during our 4 days stay so we had to buy candles.You can`t relay on the fridge and the boiler- they work part time, there is no stove or cooker in the kitchenette, TV -" no signal". The doors of the balconies are smaller than the frames and it was windy all the time. We could not flush the toilet. The staff tried to persuade us that we didn`t turn on electricity correctly.

The view from the balcony is great.Luckily the electric jug and the toaster worked properly. We liked the big bucket left in the bathroom to flush the toilet :(

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Not recommended for long stay
    • Studio

Though the sea is very close to the apartment (more like student's dormitory) it is extremely noisy almost every night thanks to the clubs nearby and also during the day thanks to the screaming staff who can enter your room anytime, regardless of you asking them to come later.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

disappointing
    • Studio

The toilet did not flush and there was no toilet paper or blankets. It took them three attempts to do anything about these issues if anything. Some staff were also aggressive and unhelpful and there was no apology. At first most of the electric switches didn't work and there were other more minor issues. Overall, it was not a good experience.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

good location
    • Studio

A bit run down, uncomfortable beds and linens and no wifi. However, I was left alone and no one bothered me. The location was perfect. I got what I paid for.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

very basic cheap good location but very poor room no working kettle
    • Studio

Kettle didn't work so i asked for one no one fixed it trying to find reception was hard picked up keys from different hotel and the office was another place any my apartment was another place. Room was dirty

Good location and cheap

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

after the problem during the first night the manager gave us...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

- It's not safe to stay over here, no main door at the base of the building so anyone could enter, in fact we had people trying to enter in hour appartment and robbing us during the first night - broken window block to keep them closed and easily accesible from the emercency fire staircase...the balcony's window-door almost fell down to the street the first (and last) time I did use it - not clean at all I know that is just 20 euro per night but that is just not even remotely safe

after the problem during the first night the manager gave us another appartment in the main building

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Terrible guest management policies
    • Studio

Terrible management of the guests. I had a problem with money when got to the structure (lost my bank card so unable to withdraw money) and he avoided me to take the room notwithstanding I could pay with credit cards, bank transfer or delay the payment two days after. Simply absurd! In addition, the apartment wss very old and the kitchen was not well furnished.

The position, the size of the apartment

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

charged us twice
    • Studio

People in charge where not there upon arrival .Receptionist was playing with rubix cube while I waited for 45 min for someone to come and give us a key ... cherry on the cake today we noticed that we got charged again as we payed by cash and now they took the same amount of money from the visa card aswell

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The worst guests management i ever seen!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The position, the size of the apartment.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Apartments had no aircon.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Apartments had no aircon. People in complex were incredibly loud after 11pm. Couldn't check in until 3 when we were told 2pm. There were no instructions where to pick up our keys. Place smelled like urine.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The hell well located
    • Studio

The kitchen doesnt have any pan.There isnt good fire as well. Furthermore, theres only wifi on the third floor. If I were you, i would choose other apartment

The hotel is well located. You can see the sea through the window

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

TV broke heater broke door was hard to open water went of...
    • Studio

TV broke heater broke door was hard to open water went of for a whole day reception for property was in another building on one floor and to collect your key you needed to got to another floor

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

AN O K stay in St Julians
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Not offered Burlington as booked but given apt in nearby Dragonara (where I had stayed previosly) But ok I suppose. Only given 1 sheet and 1 towel..

Apartment allocated was very large including 4 beds.Fridge, hot water, shower were all working ok. All seemed fairly well cleaned on arrival

Never again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment for one night and that was to long . It was awful it was very dirty and the lifts are dangerous. Its true what they say you get what you pay for and even though it was cheap we still paid to much for it. So pay a lttle extra and stay some where else

Did not like anything about it.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The location of the apartment is great.
    • Studio

The buidling is really dirty. Cleaning service is invisible there- no cleaning during my stay. I had to ask for new towels etc. Moreover the owen was not working properly..

The location of the apartment is great.

Location, price

Lift, kitchen

Location, price

I've been here many times and always come back !
    • Studio

I've been here many times and always come back !!! the place is good and the price is good! I have a kitchen!

Do not waste your hard earned money on this place

Not expansive

Very good position

Not expansive

Was really bad

Was really bad

Lift

We like the clean room with comfy beds.
    • Studio

There was no hair drier.

We like the clean room with comfy beds. It was just about the right price.

We had the wrong room and we got really dissapointed also...
    • Studio

We had the wrong room and we got really dissapointed also you dont even have their own reception

Comfortable beds, nice room and view from the balcony
    • Studio

Low wi-fi connection, too noisy. Quite unfriendly staff.

Comfortable beds, nice room and view from the balcony