Reviews of Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta 4 stars

St. George's Bay, STJ 3301 St Julian's, Malta

#13 of 33 hotels in St Julian's

Just excellent
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Everything was superb except wifi - it didn't work at all. We've been given password etc., but when we chose that network (it was related as unsecured open network by the way) it didn't even ask for the password. So it didn't work. At the same time - that "unsecured open network" worked fine at some restaurants. Apart of that - excellent hotel, staff, location, view, facilities and so on. Highly recommend it.

Great hotel in Malta
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Lovely hotel in a very de ent location. Not too noisy and very close to both beach and good restaurants

It would have been good to have water available at reception.

Location is central, huge sea & pool area!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location: On weekends, the area is full of young crowd and few drunken folks but still not too crazy. Beach: They do not have sand beaches. It is not all that common in Malta anyways. But if you're used to the rocks and ladder, once you're in, the sea water is beautiful. Room: As mentioned in the positive notes, it was my birthday trip. At check-in I asked for an upgrade and was given the rates for an upgraded room. I declined. Since I was early to check in, I was still allowed to use the beach and was told I'd get notified once my room is ready. It was after 4:00pm I had not received a notification so I went to check in. My room was the last/or first room in the hotel. I was told that was an upgraded sea view room. I appreciate the upgrade but honestly I was right by the parking entrance/fence. So each morning, you can hear cars and trucks come in and you definitely cannot have privacy. Walkers by can see through your balcony, day or night. (Some random dude was standing there and really looking - creepy). Staff: Staff were ok. I asked for a late-check out. I was told I'd have to wait for the morning of. That morning the front desk staff said I would have to pay for every 30 minutes I'm late. So again I declined. I went to check out, and Livia told me that I should be good for a late check out. I guess the staff didn't notify me! So overall the staff not super friendly but not angry either. I'd say the best staff treatment I got was from Livia.

Location: very central in St. Jullian. Close to many restaurants and bars. The bus stop is right at the hotel. So pretty easy to go around. Beach: Seating is ample. Many seats and options available, whether you like the pool side or the sea. You have to go a little early to get the front row by sea as many reserve by leaving their towels but you still get a lot of options. All beach front towels and seats are free. Room: I went for my birthday's weekend. I had a regular room, so I asked for any special deals, and so I was told I got an upgrade. It was very nice of them (See notes below for the downside of the upgrade). Staff: My birthday was on check-out day so I asked for late check-out. After several conversations, Livia, at the front desk, was super nice and offered it to me.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Pros and cons
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

My allocation of my superior sea view room was awful. Although there was a sea view, the room was on the ground floor next to the restaurant, The Sea Deck. You had customers constantly walking past your balcony looking at you. You felt like you were in a goldfish bowl. My husband and I like to sit out on the balcony at the end of an afternoon, but alas with people walking and gawping at us and the noise from the restaurant, this marred our stay.

The breakfast selection was brilliant and a big selling point for the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The view from the balcony was amazing!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The check in process was a bit long and disorganized - it would have been nice to hear more about the amenities.

The view from the balcony was amazing! The beach and pool were a great plus.

Everything was spot on!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The Staff! No customer service skills at all apart from one girl who worked on front desk and also worked at buddahman restaurant in the evenings. The man who worked in the pool bar at white olive was rude and arrogant! When we walked up to the front desk one evening we wasn’t greeted in a nice manner at all and we was made to feel like we was ruining their conversation. If the staff can be trained to treat customers like they are in a nice hotel that isn’t cheap then this would get 10/10 for me!

Everything was spot on! We was there for 5 nights and would highly recommend it! Location was perfect and the onsite restaurants although expensive were very nice!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Perfect hotel !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location was great. Close to everything you needed but still quiet enough for all those like me who like tranquillity. The personnel was helpful and smiling and always insisted on finding a solution for you. The facilities were great and accessible, it made the stay very enjoyable. The rooms were tidy and the cleaning personnel was very competent and available. With all the restaurants and cafes in the hotel you didn't even need to go out if you didn't know where to eat, the quality food was right there (and not the usual tourist food). All in all, it made me want to go back to Malta as soon as possible !

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

staff superb pools excellent great to be able to choose a...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

noise from clubs and bars across the bay but not a lot the hotel can do about this other than move you to room further away from beach which they did with no hassle 😁

staff superb pools excellent great to be able to choose a subbed rather than fight for one everyone so friendly and helpful

A lovely resort hotel, never felt overcrowded, plenty of sun beds to relax on, good breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Cigarette stubbs by sun beds away from pool area, needed a better ‘brush’ Not that it effected us, in fact it suited us, but there isn’t any toddler pool for families with very young children.

Plenty of sun beds even in high season, no pressure. No queuing at breakfast, relaxing. Lots on offer for breakfast, croissants were delicious. Very comfortable bed, air con super quiet. Staff in hotel very friendly, restaurant staff even better. Location suited us, a little out of Paceville with all the youngsters. Bus stops outside, so easy to use. Pools were lovely and clean, views really nice, cool breeze from the sea. Plenty of sea activities if you want them. 5 restaurants on site, plenty of choice and price variation. Overall a super site, suited us perfectly for a week break.

Malta is an Island of Jewels!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Slightly dated the decoration, we also was closer to another exit point to make it easier to get to the pool a lot quicker but that access was locked would if been great if it was opened and to stay longer till 9pm In the pool rather than 7 pm same with Spa to open till 9pm instead of 8

Great location, restaurants, pools both indoor and out as well as the Spa and water sports facilities.Great for family and kids as well as couples Also great tour guide at reception called Alec he was so friendly lovely and gave us good advice on excursion trips we would definitely come back again!!! Thank you

rooms and bathrooms are very old, furniture is dirty
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

rooms and bathrooms are very old, furniture is dirty the walls to the other rooms and basically all over that building are way too thin - you can hear every noise and every single word from everywhere the breakfast is the same (boring) every day - no variety, no changes, no surprises price way too high for a hotel that is more like a 2-star-hotel

Could use some updating in order to justify the price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We had a room on the ground floor, not that there is anything wrong with that, but being the floor with the swimming pool, the entire corridor was hot and humid; the beach lounge chairs at the swimming pool were quite old; the room looked a little dated too; quite expensive for what it was.

We arrived really early (around 9 a.m.) and we were checked in right away; the room was clean; helpful staff; balcony with chairs and a table overlooking the bay; they surprised me with a cake on my birthday; the hotel is close to bars and restaurants; public parking close by.

Good but not great.
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

Floor mats in room were dirty. Rooms need a refresh. Food in the Seasalt (near pool) restaurant terrible.

Great location, nice pools, lots of restaurants. Lovely sea view from room.

Perfect spot in Malta to stay. Wslkjng promenades all the way round several bays very pleasant .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Could have been a bit more entertainment naybe

Location excellent . Breakfast superb. Room spacious everything you required in it. Cleanliness each day excellent. Entertainment in cafe 24 evening varied and good. Concierge helpful in organising anything. Pools clean pjenty dunbeds and parasols never had to look for one. Cafe 24 favourite formirnibg coffee lunchtime snacks and evening meals . Service great. Balcony very spacious overlooking the bay beautiful to sit and watch early morning .

Pools were lovely and house keeping was excellent, even...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Our balcony was at ground level so everyone going to the pool looked in. They did there were no other rooms but we could upgrade. Which we did for privacy. The pool waiter service buttons didn't 'll work which needs looking at.

Pools were lovely and house keeping was excellent, even bringing bits.left in our old room to our new one.

A week to remember!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff were all excellent, very kind, friendly and professional. The location and the facilities were amazing. The restaurants on the property were varied with excellent food, service and prices.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Excellent, I'll be back!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing much to report here, maybe just that music could still be heard from room till about 12am even though all doors/windows were closed. Music was coming from nearby beach, not hotel though. Also, for the price, it would have been great to have parking included, not paid extra.

Our trip here was great. Got everything we paid for. Pools, room, facilites.. excellent. Ordered food in the room and was delivered in approx. 20 minutes, great! After check out, they offered us to keep using the pool and also the use of shower facilites.. what more could we ask for!

Really nice hotel, great facilities and staff were friendly...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Really nice hotel, great facilities and staff were friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. Great restaurants on site especially the Caviar and Bull, not cheap but really great food.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

This hotel was exactly what we had hoped for for our stay in...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I have little to criticize but only a recommendation - there is water available to purchase from the in room mini bar but it would be better to provide free of charge as in most hotels.

This hotel was exactly what we had hoped for for our stay in Malta, I was nervous as had read some bad reviews but we had nothing but good to say about the property - location is excellent and we were upgraded to a deluxe sea view with stunning views of St. George’s Bay. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable and facilities in room were good. You are a short walk to Paceville but far enough not to be disturbed by the nightlife activity if you choose not to partake. The breakfast selection was excellent and albeit that you never quite get it like it is at home I had no issues with getting a nice meal each morning. We dined at 3 of the restaurants on site for dinner and each time had a fantastic meal - would recommend booking so you get an outdoor table with stunning view. We used the pool at the Corinthia and wouldn’t really have noticed that it was not our pool as it was so closeby. Reception staff were very helpful and gave me a call 2 days after I had asked them to help me arrange a cab to the local hospital for an issue that happened before my trip to see how I was and if they could help with anything else.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very disappointed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Our family including 7month baby were shut out to outdoor balcony because the door was locked and cannot be opened from outside. No special instruction at the reception, and we could not find the warning message because it is too small character and it was hidden by curtain. The hotel Manager promised me to report the counter measure to mitigate such a accident for all other customers safety, but no report comes to me. Really disapointed.

Good location, good restaurant.

Nice view and beach
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Good location at St. Georges bay with good view of the bay and sea. The hotel has its own pool and beach to free for hotel guests. Had an early check-in on arrival. Room is nice and clean. Breakfast is good. Bus to Silema and Valleta is right in front of the hotel. 5 min walk to St. George's bay beach and 10min walk to city centre with good night life experience.

Very nice hotel with great views of St George's Bay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The air con in the room seemed only to switch on when the thermostat was lowered quite a bit, so the room was either very hot or very cold - but mitigated by the fact that it is an unusually hot summer where even the evenings and nights are very warm. Bathroom could have been a bit nicer.

Very nice hotel, fantastic sea view, and very helpful, friendly and professional staff. Good beach and pool facilities. Good value for money on breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Lovely holiday in a good hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bathroom needed an update, the toliet and sink were not working properly.

The beach was great and all of the facilitys from the Corinthia Hotel are wonderful.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

A truly relaxing experience.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

This hotel is in a great location - near enough to the nearest beach and bars yet far enough away to be quiet. Access to the sea is via a series of steps along the shore, fantastic for those who love swimming, snorkelling etc. Rooms are clean and well equipped. Great choice of restaurants/cafes. I used both the spa facilities and the hairdresser at the adjoining Corinthia and was impressed with both. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Lovely room with a great view, the food was exceptional and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Staff was a little bit abrupt for my liking and only a few members of the staff were happy to help with your queries

Lovely room with a great view, the food was exceptional and the location was ideal for getting around

Balcony facing the sea.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Noise from the next room. Price 220 euros per night in July. As in New York.

Balcony facing the sea. Excellent breakfast. You can use the pools of the hotel next door. 2 minutes walk to the city center.

Good hotel, very good location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We stayed with extra bed at room. For 3 persons this room was small. And not ready when we arrived.

Breakfast was great. Location was great too, walking distance from beach and village. People in the hotel were friendly, the view in the hotel was really great.

Great location, good selection of restaurants and places to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Booked parasailing through the hotel for 11.30 the day before we were to go home and when we went down they cancelled it and told us to come back at half 4 when the issue will be resolved. Which we did and it still wasn’t fixed. They never rang us to inform us and we waited around all day for nothing! We could have booked with another group had we known and missed parasailing because of this Rooms were not soundproof, we were kept awake by the next door room all night on one occasion. Pool table was out of order. Gym a lot smaller than it looks on the website and is in the other hotel on the complex. Drinks and ice creams hugely over priced €4.50 for a bottle of water and €3.80 for an Oreo ice cream! Lots of kids in the adult pool also ! Not exactly quiet because of this

Great location, good selection of restaurants and places to eat ! Plenty of sun loungers and near the beach!

One of the best places to stay in Malta!

A bit old atmosphere

Everything!! Just an excellent place! Breakfast so good, the view is amazing, and the stuff!! Livia if you read this you are a wonderful person! Our vacation was excellent because of you! We love you!

Lovely hotel with plenty of pools for relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Expensive drinks in poolside bars. Nothing else, lovely stay.

Comfortable beds. Great location. Super staff and efficient. Lovely restaurants on site. Plenty of pool choice, many beds to choose from with no problem in getting one in good location around pools. Good access to sea. Free WiFi.

Perfect holiday getaway
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Strange layout rooms very far from the elevators

Fantastic location. Even though the pools were on the other property it was simple to get there and perfect for sunning and swimming.

Best thing about the hotel was the staff - everyone was...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Best thing about the hotel was the staff - everyone was extremely polite, and all my requests were solved within few minutes. Room was beautiful and clean too; great breakfast, great beach and indoor/outdoor pools. Next time I am in Malta I will stay again in this hotel for sure!

Good facilities (gym).
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Furnitures in the rooms seem to be quite old.

Good facilities (gym). Close to transport. Very good breakfast. Good swimming pools & easy access to swimming in the sea. Within walking distance to shopping & restaurants.

Good resort
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

When I booked the hotel, they sent me an email if we had anything to request so I asked for a queen bed, not two beds. They answered me that if it is possible the room would be with queen bed two months before arrive... After that I asked for an upgrade and the confirmed the upgrade for free. When I arrived I had to decide or double bed or upgrade.... In any case we have and issue later with the toilet and we move to another room less category and really the bed more comfortable. The manager invite us to dinner for the inconvenience something that we appreciated a lot bad the recepción was not very helpful at the begining. I will repeat the hotel but I will try the 5 stars hotel. They share more or less all the restaurants swimming pool. I think if there is not too much difference it will be worthy.

The restaurants are really good and the access to the coast it is fantastic. The views over the sea are amazing.I will repeat this hotel but the 5 stars. The location is perfect close to the best area to go out and at the same time really calm and relax during the night.

Lovely hotel, lovely sea view and 5 pools to choose from .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Address was st Julian but actually Paceville which is awful. Young magaluf type place

Lovely hotel, lovely sea view and 5 pools to choose from . Great breakfast and plenty of sunbeds so no early towels reservation!

Very good for the price we paid
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Generally there wasn't much to dislike but... The check-in experience was poor; we waited 3 hours for a room that evidently had been ready all the time. We did arrive pre official check-in time but this was known in advance. What was bad was that it was nearly one hour after official check-in time that a sit in in reception resulted in the key to the room that had been ready all along (we'd been waiting in the room next door). A waste of 3 hours and a bad start to the holiday ..... And there seemed to be a queue most mornings. The air con was effective but a bit noisy on mid & high settings and the temperature control was not very accurate so tended to be too warm or too cold.

There was a good selection of restaurants although the food (throughout the resort) was quite similar. Cafe 24 was great for breakfast. Unless you want to eat a huge breakfast Cafe 24 might be better than bed and breakfast. Lots of parasols and loungers. Even when it was really busy (a public holiday and a weekend) there were loungers available (early July)

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We asked for a double bed, instead we were given two twin beds joined together. We were eventually upgraded to a queen room. Yoga classes were not running despite that not being made clear on their booking site.

Location, staff and breakfast was great.

Nice place but you pay for it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The original room we had, a sea view, was so noisy. I thought there might be a little bit of noise from reading reviews but this was something else. It came from the bars down by the beach. We had to move rooms and the only other one they had was a suite so we had to pay €60 more a night. We would have left and found somewhere else but we had already paid. The suite was lovely but it made it a hugel expensive trip.

The location was good and the beach/pool area was lovely - lots of sun beds and felt spacious.

We’ll be back!!

Wifi very poor

Fantastic hotel, great location. Some lovely restaurants in hotel and in Corinthia hotel next door. Loads of pools to choose from. Rooms very clean. Overall 10/10.

Relaxation, sun, sea and a pleasant vacation, without too many rules and restrictions
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The vault in the room exists, but you have to pay to get the key, so you have to protect the values otherwise. Breakfast is ok, but does not excel in quality and diversity. The furniture in the room was a bit old and outdated.

Good location, on the seafront and very close to PaceVille, a location with restaurants, clubs and bars. Even if the hotel does not have the beach, (like the other hotels in the area), you will not feel the lack, having five swimming pools, that were not very crowded. There is also an area where you can swim in the sea but with care. In the hotel you feel free, there are not many rules and restrictions, especially for children is very good. A tip: to visit any location on the island, use the Ecabs taxi application, good prices, up to 20 euros in any location, at the same time, very good cars and drivers.

Gorgeous view from the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The toilet didn't flush very well, but other than that the room was very nice.

Gorgeous view from the room. Walking distance to the beach, grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping malls. Or you can stay at the resort and enjoy the many pools and restaurants on site. They can arrange all the boat trips, etc., at the hotel. It was my birthday, and they sent a delicious chocolate cake to my room, which was a nice surprise.

St George’s Bay stay
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Catering service poor. Breakfast choices limited. Some staff are really nice.

Great location for travelling around. Nice local restaurants and transportation is literally on your doorstep.

Average hotel rooms with excellent breakfast facilities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

An area (sign) should be added for special eggs orders, we felt we were in the way of others using the buffet. Most of the dishes were kept warm but a few were missed for example: onion rings. Ask for rooms higher than 3rd floor which is where the lobby is located. Rooms below this level have a more limited view of water and closer to the walkway and one of the pools. Other reviewers have indicated that the rooms needed upgrading which was our view also. The room had features from 20 years back. More modern wall coverings would make a huge difference.

The breakfast area was perfect. Beautiful large covered patio overlooking water. Special orders for eggs were perfectly served. Area was kept clean and tables were cleared regularly.

Good stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Found black hairs on our bed and the smell of the air in the room was a little bad. Just small critic. We chose one bed on booking and got 2 separated beds. The beds were way to soft so that you would sink in there.

Friendly , clean, great breakfast .

Location, location, location!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Over priced for what it is, booked a superior room with a sea view but was certainly not a superior room in my opinion. No water for shower on one of the days and then when it can back the was dirty and unclean for a few days. Try’s to be 4 star but fails in the rooms and balconies.

Good location and good breakfast

Excellent stay! *****
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It was in an excellent location and rooms were kept very clean and to a high standard! The staff was very helpful and friendly and the best was the breakfast! A huge variety of choices and it tasted delicious!

Could be better
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Room cleaning was very late, I think that it is reasonable to expect a good Hotel to have rooms done by latest 3 pm. Ours was twice around 4 pm and once never turned up before 4.30 pm. Although this was eventually sorted by the hotel. It had an effect on the quality of our stay. With the exception of the senior staff at reception some the service lacked the quality you would expect.

Great location we had a room with a balcony overlooking the Bay. Room was a good size and breakfast was a good choice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms seemed outdated, toilet did not flush well, stains on the chair and just did not feel like it was worth the price we paid for.

Great location. Beach and restaurants next to the hotel, bus stop right in front of the hotel, was able to book excursions at the hotel for the same day and friendly staff.

Simply said, if you have another option instead of this hotel, take it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Poor value for money,old dated furniture in rooms, just one central Europe standard power plug, terrible bathroom with bad plumbing and mold in corners.

Nice view, great location, spacious room and balcony, variety of food for breakfast

Great 4-day stay in a spacious room with a view
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

One minor quibble: bath/shower surface was slippy.

The staff members were very friendly and always helpful. Room was spacious and very comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the bay. Breakfasts were ample with plenty of choice.

Best place to stay in Malta
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

fantastic facilities, great staff, it was wonderful , it was our 20th wedding anniversary and we were very grateful for the flowers and complimentary bottle of wine, we look forward to coming back very soon, we ate in three of the restaurants food amazing..

Very enjoyable stay with my family to celebrate a special birthday
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The area near by is full of pubs clubs restaurants for young people who just want to get drunk

Beds very comfortable and rooms spacious . Bathroom large . Very quiet lovely sea view and wonderful going to sleep to the sounds of the waves . Greets position on a peninsular away from the crowds !

Beguiling bays of Malta
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

All was very good, just thought the bed was too soft for me and the decor a little dated.

Great setting on edge of the bay, nice and peaceful with the sound of the waves to wake up to. Loved the choice of swimming pools, liking the small quiet one beneath our balcony best. The staff were efficient and the breakfast good too.

Great stay in a well run hotel in super location with great views.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Rooms with sea view on second floor are noisy because of function room and restaurant on third floor. Dragging chairs create noise, so we requested relocation. Room on first floor was quiet, and still had great views.

Great views. Excellent pools and terrace. Unusually good cooked breakfast. Birthday cake provided unexpectedly on my birthday: what a nice surprise!

Great time overall
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There's a large garage below the hotel, but it's open to the public as well. If it ever gets full, your slot isn't kept - you need to park on the street, which is crowded over the weekend. The street in front of the hotel is a narrow one way street, which makes parking even more problematic. The WiFi is unprotected, so we used the mobile data plan instead. If you're planning to work here, make sure you bring your own Internet.

The staff was super-friendly, the family room was great, easily accessible and the sound-proofing was well done. The staff and the hotel kept us in the loop at all times and were ready to offer help whenever we needed it. The beach nearby is nice although small. The pools and the spa is great and usually not at all crowded. Restaurants in the bay are nice and relatively cheap with a great variety of dishes. There is a large mall close by.

An oasis of calm, made very special by the wonderful people working there.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

All of the staff were extremely friendly, pleasant, respectful and polite. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. The breakfasts were brilliant and although mainly buffet-style, the chefs would cook your eggs, omelet etc. to your liking. Evening meals at the restaurants and café were also excellent.

A Nice Few Days
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Our room was on a lower floor that had yet to be renovated. The area is old and fairly worn out. In the corridor from the elevator to the rooms the carpet is grubby and the walls and baseboards are scraped and dinged. The room was basically in the same condition. There is a restaurant or club just across the bay and it blared loud obnoxious music most of the day and into the night. In the large lobby of the hotel there is a grand piano. Twice during our stay young children sat down and just banged away. Because the lobby is spacious and open, with marble floors, the noise was loud and reverberating. Since the parents of these children seemed to find this cute and amusing, while nobody else did, might I suggest that the hotel close the piano lid and put a sign on it telling children not to "play" the piano. Hopefully their parents will read it and discipline their children.

The staff is a very nice group of helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable people. Front desk, concierge and restaurant employees did an excellent job. We were given discount coupons for breakfast and the on-site restaurants. The breakfast buffet is well worth it. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel which services hop-on, hop-off and public bus lines. It is very convenient. The hotel arranged reliable transportation to and from the airport.

We had a double room booked but I was told when I checked in...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We had a double room booked but I was told when I checked in that it was a twin. I said I had requested a double. I was told they would see what they could do! We got a twin room with 2 beds pushed together and a kingsize mattress sheet over both to hold them together - that didnt work! Also the room for a 4 star hotel was fairly standard, clean but not what I was expecting. The best thing going was the location, having stayed in all the top hotels in the area I hadn't this one so I was trying it for the first time - it will be the last time too.

Lovely hotel, good location but nightlife is for people in there 20’s

Check in was a shambles reception staff especially one was just plain rude. Also a bit of a language barrier.

Waiting staff and cleaners friendly and did a great job.

Really Enjoyed our stay. Juan our driver was Amazing.. The hotel staff was friendly & helpful.
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

How the bathroom could have been better. Needs a upgrade.

Love the breakfast, waterfront side (beautiful), close to the mall & little shops. Our driver Juan was Amazing. Hotel staff was friendly & helpful

Nice hotel but be careful who you book through check what you are getting
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking with Booking.com we were made to feel like 3rd class citizens when we got there we were allocated the worst room facing the road above the hotel entrance It wasn’t full so why were we given such a crap room Also had to pay for hotel when get there really weird late at night charged £30 more as they took it off credit card in sterling All of this at start of holuday

The breakfasts were superb out on the terrace and the choice of pools

Very relaxing vacation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Our room was not renovated recently but still very comfy, clean and a great view! As the season was not yet on, a few services were not available still many things to do!

The hotel is positioned very good versus all main atractions as well close to all good restaurants, clubs, lounges and at the same time it is so quiet and relaxing! Great staff and very friendly. Not complicated to change to the sister hotel for a great pool, other restaurants and bars. Diverse breakfast. Good wifi. Kurt and all the staff from the reception very helpfull and nice (Theresa and all the rest). As it was my partner's bday they arranged a surprise in the room! It was delicious!! I highly recommend the hotel. We will be back for sure.

All the staff from réception to housekeepers make sure that...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

All the staff from réception to housekeepers make sure that everything is perfect for you. The service at the restaurants is extremely professionnal and the food is excellent, especially at the Buddhaman. An excellent resort above all our expectations .

Great location with amazing sea views
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Indoor pool are slightly outdated, in need of renovation. Staff (ladies) in the bar beside the reception not the friendliest.

Location, views to the bay, front desk staff, comfy delux room

Breakfast was ok but not amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Doors slamming around pools area and old finishings, old dirty grout around bath and dirty walls in the room. Indoor pool was too small for the number of guests. Not possible to watch football in the hotel bar. Superior room with sea views had views over the bay, not the open sea. Balcony covers the view so impossible to enjoy it from inside the room.

Breakfast was ok but not amazing. Views from breakfast area were really nice. Nice service fixed whatever broke during our stay pretty much immediately.

We were there over Easter and it was lovely and quiet,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

For the price, I would have expected new towels and a duvet which was not just a bundle of lumps. I asked for these to be addressed but they were not changed.

We were there over Easter and it was lovely and quiet, almost no one around the pools and plenty of space in the restaurants. Bus stop was right outside. Breakfast was really excellent.

Honeymoon trip
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

- A bit chaotic with staff trying to seat people for breakfast but not working out. Probably needless. - Not clear how to access the swimming pools. We ended up going around the hotel whereas there is a lift access on the ground floor. Maybe signage would help. Not clear where the towels for the swimming pool were to be picked up.

- Nice sea view. - Booked the hotel as part of honeymoon trip. The room was filled with rose pedals and was offered a complimentary champagne. Very nice touch. - Plenty of storing room in wardrobes. - Good breakfast selection.

Happy Stay in lively neighbourhood
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Once balcony is locked, people outside of balcony cannot open the door.

Location, Facilities, Staffs, Tour guides, Shower facilities, breakfast, view of sea from rooms.

Average and I doubt I would stay there again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

-No fried mushrooms available at breakfast. - FAR too few electrical sockets in room and none on balcony - POOR management of financial records - Mini-bar receipts taken by staff without signature

The general facilities were fine. For my particular trip the location was also good.

Will be coming back!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast was delicious with lots of options! Easy check in and out, and the staff were so polite. Tons of awesome restaurants and bars right down the street.

Delightful
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

N Malta you are recommended not to drink tap water. Yet the hotel provided no free bottles. And charged an exorbitant €2,30 for a small one in the mini bat

Access to indoor pool

Depressing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

This hotel has a very depressing style. It is hugely hugely outdated and was as though being transported back in time. Below is a short list of key reasons why we had a truely terrible stay: -Beds are extremely uncomfortable, it was like a water bed (we also chose the superior room). -Air conditioning was broken -Staff are rude -The area the hotel is in is absolutely horrible e.g. strip clubs / pizza huts / kfc's, very grimey area suited to I imagine a stag trip crowd -We asked to leave the keys of our rental car with reception on checking out (as the rental company were picking them up there due to our early flight) and ended up having to spend almost one hour trying to sort this out and speaking to three different reception staff / managers simply to do this for us -Restaurants in the hotel are poor, dined in the italian one night, plate was put down and had dirt all over it. Eventually requested to take the food away due to extreme lack of atmosphere in the restaurant -Also dined in the Buddaman restaurant which is extremely overpriced for the poor quality of food. -There was loud building work every morning, starting at 8.30am -Cleaning staff knocked on our door for cleaning 3 times in the space between 8-9am despite requesting it be cleaned later -Hotel seems to hold lots of various conferences, means there are a lot of people in and around reception 'working' / at conference days, v.unrelaxing atmosphere. If you are set on visiting malta I do not recommend this hotel. Suggest a smaller , boutique style hotel and definately do not stay in the St Juliens Area.

I am genuinely struggling to think of anything in particular that I liked about this hotel.

Hotel more than met expectations. We'll likely return one day.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel is well situated and very convenient for restaurants, swimming pool and gym. The restaurants, Vinoteque and Da Marina were good...and good value. The latter was pretty basic, but fine. Overall, a very nice stay and good value.

Relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We were placed in a twin room initially but a quick call to reception moved us to a different room the following night

Everything was fantastic, great staff, facilities, food and location. Definitely returning soon

We generally enjoyed the stay but on reflection the cost was high when considering the renovations.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The lack of facilities and activities. Perhaps the time of year had something to do with it but there was a lot of painting and cleaning of pools going on. We paid top price as far as I know yet it seemed we were in off season whilst there.

The buffet breakfast and the service at breakfast was very good. Great quality food.

Browse Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta traveller photo gallery