Reviews of Dolmen Hotel Malta 4 stars

Qawra, SPB 2402 St Paul's Bay, Malta

#26 of 90 hotels in St Paul's Bay

Good
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The taxi service used by the hotel (bluebird). On our first use mini bus broke down. On taxi run to airport, We ordered a taxi, but a mini bus arrived over 20 minutes late and appeared to already have 4+ other passengers. 3 of the other passengers appeared to be running a delivery service of wine to the airport and did not appear to pay for the journey. The other passenger (who also ordered a dedicated taxi) was charged euros 25 as were we . So the trip earned somebody Euros 50, when the official rate is only euros 28 for a proper taxi. I would strongly suggest that the Dolmen review their use of this company and that other guests ask for and use a different taxi company..

Location, pools and sea frontage.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Ok hotel but facilities are getting old. I do not think the gym is acceptable for a 5 stars.

Some of the staff was a bit rude: at breakfast the toaster was always set too hot and all hosts kept burning bread. They put a sign saying that only sliced bread was to be used in the toaster, I sliced some bread and put it inside. An angry old man came and told me that I should put only sliced bread in the toaster. I mentioned to him that this is sliced bread which I sliced myself. Instead of fixing the sign he kept belittling me for burning some bread. We also ate in the cafe, the chicken was burn and the vegetables as well. Instead of recooking it, the chef just turned the chicken so that the burn bit were on the bottom side and hid the burn vegetables under the rest of the veggies hoping that I would not notice. Fortunately when I mentioned this to the waitress she apologized and offered me to have a free drink. The facilities at the gym are very old and rusty, the Spa staff has no interest in getting it fixed. The Spa itself is quite nice though. Also when we moved in, we were offered a room in the second floor, the room was smelly, damp and you could feel rot as it was not vented properly. The balcony door was broken I think. Fortunately (again), we were moved to a better room once we mentioned this issue.

The location is great, some of the staff was extremely friendly. Reception staff, the waitress which served us at the restaurant/cafe, the pool restaurant staff and security were extremely nice, friendly and professional (they would check us when coming from outside but in a friendly manner). There is a clothes and grocery store inside the hotel which is very practical as they open fairly late. There is a diving shop inside the hotel, and it seemed quite good although I didn't scuba dive with them. The pool restaurant is quite good for a hotel restaurant.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

In general the hotel was fine.
    • Standard Triple Room with Sea View

As for the hotel - food in all inclusive option was terrible. There wasn't a single tasty meal in the buffet section throughout the week. Almost no fresh fruit or vegetables. No fresh seafood or fish. Most food tasted like it was from the can. (though there's an upside in this - I lost some weight during the stay). At Delos restaurant, few meals tasted just ok, but they couldn't match food that might be found in the restaurants around the city (for example "Aqua marine" restaurant, near Bugibba square). If you think about choosing this hotel avoid all inclusive option and just eat outside. Though in general, you should maybe avoid Bugibba. Or Malta at all. Just go to Portugal, Spain, Croatia or Italy - it will be nicer and food will taste better. It might be less expensive too.

In general the hotel was fine. It was clean (beside occasional cockroach) and most of the staff was very nice. Sea view from the room was pretty cool (if you're lucky to get the right room).

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice Hotel in good location spoiled by rude staff
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The staff and customer service! Rude abrupt staff. On multiple occasions we had issues with the staff in front desk. For a hotel of this standard you’d expect an iron in the room but I can’t settle for having to call up and ask....what I wouldn’t expect is to be told we have to go down and collect it. Icing on the cake was to get back to the room to find that the iron didn’t even work. Also the security around the pool areas is too over the top, they ain’t guarding the crown Jewell’s! Intensely interrogating you each time to ensure you’re a hotel guest...if done with a smile or some sort of human touch it would be more accepted.

The location of this hotel is very good! Only a short walk from local sea front restaurants and bars. Facilities were great, a varied choice of swimming options, buffet breakfast was very nice! Room was pretty basic for what we paid for. I’d recommend the chefs table restaurant in the square!!

On the whole the hotel was good, clean, staff friendly and great selection of food for all budgets.

beach was not accessible even though the weather was not really bad. There was no waiter going round , you had to go to the bar yourself for any food or drink. The hotel was full, not enough tables in the restaurant near the pool and one had to reserve a table, we ended up going hungry on one day for lunch as we wanted to eat at that particular restaurant.

Great wifi, rooms clean, good selection of food

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Short holiday.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Staff did not inform us about nothing. Beach towels, restaurants in property etc. Beach bar extremly expensive. Feeling that you bother the stuff.

View from room. Pool by the beach.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very unfortunate experience
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Upon check-in, they charged my credit card for the entire stay, but neglected to inform us that they did not have our reserved rooms available, I found out when I walked into a very shabby, much smaller, foul smelling room. We had to go back to the front desk and approach the hotel management with a complaint before they admitted they wouldn't have our reserved rooms available until the next day. The manager offered to compensate is by including lunch for my party for our stay. I feel they delibertly took advantage us because they could have disclosed this situation before they charged us for the entire stay. Our booking agent tried to get them to at least refund the first night, but sadly, they refused. Very shady business practices. I will never stay there again.

The Spa was very relaxing. The staff there was welcoming. Had a great massage with Valentina!!!

with arrival, we were accommodated in an apartment that had...

with arrival, we were accommodated in an apartment that had nothing to do with the room we had booked. it had nothing to do with the pictures uploaded here. was miserable, and when you moved the curtain into the bedroom, you could see the hotel corridor directly. after intervening, they changed into a room, good-looking. Breakfast was announced until 10.30 am, but at 10.10, everything had been recovered and cleared. our last morning at 7.30 in our room was a knock, and a maid invaded directly without waiting for a response from us to check when we would leave the room. literally startled us and woke up

Relaxing family time
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Breakfast super busy, so avoid peak times.

Great size family room, super friendly cleaning staff and helpful personnel at the reception plus great variety of swimming pools. Beautiful views.

Recommended for your first stay in Malta
    • Twin Room with Sea View

I paid in advance and booking confirmation said that city tax is already included, but during checkout I still had to pay it. It's not a big deal though (3 nights were about 1.50 EUR), but perhaps booking.com should fix that information tag. Keep in mind that you should bring printed booking confirmation for check-in. Even if you don't (like I did) - there is a room with a public computer that you can use to print it out. Breakfast choices were the basically the same every morning. Also, do not try rose wine at lunch/dinner. A room for improvement: maybe, hotel staff could tell more about hotel facilities during check-in, not just give a map of hotel area.

I stayed here for three nights and everything was perfect. I arrived late in the evening (official taxi during summer period costs 28 EUR from the airport) and could not make it to the dinner option of half-board meal that I had booked. I was not expecting to get a replacement for this - a free lunch ticket during my stay. It was nice that hotel cares about its customers. My room was spacious and had a large balcony covered with artificial grass. Half-board meal option was good enough, although a little bit pricey. I have not made it to the sandy beach, Amazonia pools and rocky beach area were fine. Considering that it was early August I expected pool areas to be crowded, but there was enough room for all of us.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great hotel - breakfast was fab. Reception made a poor first impression

Booking in was a mess! Rooms were not ready and it took 3 visits to reception to get all the issues resolved. Male receptionist was rude and aggressive

Hotel is in a great location. Parking was reasonably priced

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

nice beach and pool area, friendly staff, relaxing and free...
    • Quadruple Room with Sea View

food - not a lot of choice, not tasty, poor selection of vegetables and fruits, not serving coffee and tea at dinner, even if you want to buy it

nice beach and pool area, friendly staff, relaxing and free atmosphere

fun
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Swimming pools loud with organized events and crammed with families. Yuck.

Nice, impersonal resort hotel attached to casino. Very clean, very good breakfast buffets, very good staff in restaurant and housekeeping (thanks Michelle!). No beach, but access to lovely sea swimming. Swimming pools jammed with families.

Funny smell coming from the bathroom in our room

Great location Fantastic pools, especially the infinity pool Food and drink were lovely and prices were reasonable

Best hotel to relax in and enjoy the sun.

Hangers in balcony fell off from our first day. On our last day water was out for about 30 min during our last hour for check out.

Relaxing experience. Best animation team near outdoor pools. Big outdoor poor where one can swim. Two indoor pools, one of them very large, small indoor pool with sauna, really relaxing area.

The room was big, with balcony.

The noise made by the cleaning personnel, from not even 8 in the morning in front of the doors. I get out in 2 mornings to ask them not to speak so loud. In the first morning the maid even knock at the door at 8.30 . I told her to came later . She apologies. Next days we put the " Do not disturb " sign when we get in bed :) We observed in the mornings after, that a lot of rooms on our floor have this sign put, so we concluded that we were not the only ones having this problem. In some mornings they even use the vacuum cleaner on the halls, at 8 in the morning :((( Plus, one day we have shampoo and gel put, one day not . We do not understand why , as we consume them every day . Luckily with the small soaps .

The room was big, with balcony. The Wifi was OK .The breakfast was OK . The hotel has a very beautiful position, with a nice over view at Buggiba Bay, and very close with the bus terminus station. Also it has many facilities : 2 restaurants, one terrace with sea view, and very good food, one outside bar see view and one inside bar, plus a pool bar, 4 swimming pools, and a cafeteria, etc. Live animation every night. In the last morning we could have a light breakfast at 5.45, as our flight was very early . The staff at the reception and restaurants was OK. They all speak English very well, and were very helpful.

Room for Improvement

At first they gave us an old room. We asked to have it changed and found out that we weren't the only ones. Expected more variety of food during breakfast and lunch/dinner.

New rooms are well equipped.

Generally, we really enjoyed it and would go back again

The mini fridge in our room didn't work, in fact it was warmer on the inside than on the outside! We reported it and they came and unplugged it but left it pulled out into the room so there was not much room to get past and it wasn't fixed while we were there.

The food was good, the view was good, the staff were friendly, the outside pools were good

The way to relax

The food was rather average. There was a good choice, but the quality and taste could be better. The gym was really the only thing not up to the standards you’d expect of a 4* hotel. It needs refurbishing. Not a big deal though given that most people don’t go on holidays for the workout!

Having stayed in numerous 4* hotels in Bugibba, this one is definitely my favourite. It has everything you may need to relax and unwind in whichever way you think best. The spa was truly excellent, very high level of client service and a wide range of treatments. They also have daily offers so it’s worth taking up one of those. The rooms with a sea view are spacious and comfortable. It feels like a 4* hotel compared to some other hotels with the same rating further down the bay. There are four outdoor pools and direct access to the sea. No beach as such, but if you fancy jumping in the sea shortly after leaving your hotel room, this is the place to be. It has a restaurant, cafe, bar and two pool bars. So one doesn’t have to go much further looking for anything.

Great facilities, would stay again

There were a few areas of maintenance that needed attending to but i cant say it affected my stay in any way.

Tired in a few places but on the whole excellent, breakfast had a wide range of options, the pools were great and i loved the option to go down the sea. I would stay here again for sure.

Despite an initial difficulty, we were then able to enjoy the hotel and our holiday completely.

A problem arose immediately on our scheduled arrival (which was just before midnight). We were allotted a ground floor room but it had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke on opening the door and as non-smokers we could not face staying in that room. Information on the door in the room indicates that occupants should not smoke in bed (!) but there was no statement that there cannot be smoking in the room or the balcony. We were then moved to an old and "tired-looking" room to sleep in for that night (small and eventually found to have leaking shower as well as a couple of electric power points not working so we had to request another move on the next day when we were given a very spacious modern family room with balcony and very good sleeping/washing facilities. From that point on, we were totally satisfied with the accommodation and all other aspects of the hotel in our 12-day stay.

Very good location right next to the sea and with some rooms having sea views (although our room did not). With a public bus station close by it facilitates access to cheap and regular transport in the locality (St Paul's Bay) as well as further afield e.g. to Valletta or the ferry to Gozo and elsewhere for sightseeing on the island. Excellent variety of food for courses in meals (could be described as a feast!) for the half-board (breakfast and evening meal).

The room was big and felt really luxurious.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

There were long blonde hairs on the carpet (definitely not mine!) which made me think it hadn't been hoovered properly. The communication at the front desk was at times very poor. My room was a very long walk away from the lift. Having to go all the way to the indoor pool to get and return a beach towel when I wasn't even using the indoor pool was annoying. They should be kept at the front desk for convenience. The orange juice at breakfast was disgusting, not real juice, very sugary. The electricity went out without warning. Needed one more towel (one large and one small provided which I used as a hand towel at the sink but needed one more for my hair).

The room was big and felt really luxurious. Having a comfy sofa and a fridge was great, also the tv screen was huge and it was great to watch movies in bed. The view from the balcony was stunning. The walk in shower had good water pressure. The 'all you can eat' element to the breakfast buffet was good. I also had a massage at the spa which was excellent.

Heaven!!

The room was actually quite small, balcony too, the hotel should clarify what’summer months’ means. I assumed Everything would be open in May but the terraces and whole Amazonia complex was closed, had to make alternative plans for dinner options as a result. The tv in the room has some great channels but no TV guide, you literally have to flick through every channel to get what you want. Showers are great, overhead and hand held, I requested a double bed and got this but had 2 single quilt covers😂

We were so shocked when we pulled up and saw how beautiful this hotel was, the staff were so friendly, the spa was fabulous as were the treatments we had, the spa jacuzzi was not that great but the heated indoor jacuzzi is just right. Breakfast was fab every day location is excellent, walking distance from Bugibba Sq, walking distance to the aquarium and also bus station, bluebird cabs also offer fast transport, 10 Euro for anywhere in st paul’s Bay. Loads of space outside by the pools, rooms cleaned and towels changed everyday- the staff are super attentive and friendly, music in the evenings is hit and miss 😂 but always entertaining

Great place for a long weekend
    • Standard Triple Room

The sausages at breakfast and the booked tables near the windows for large groups (often unused).

Great view, excellent facilities and very efficient. Close to the Aquarium and the centre of town.

It was a pleasant stay.

No view. The room had a terrace that leads to a wall and the height was covered by black plastic.

Excellent and easy Internet connection. The mattress was perfect. There were tea-coffee facilities. The good price for the room, EUR 290/3 nights included breakfast and there were so many choices that anyone can take a great breakfast. There was a small gym (09:00-19:00) and outdoors and indoors swimming pools. The location is very good. St. Paul's Bay is quiet and clean. It is a 20-min ride from Valletta or St. Julian's Bay, alongside the beach.

Excellent !!

I liked the view. Very helpful reception .The pool area is amazing.Very peaceful and quiet to stay at the hotel which I find it excellent. It is upgraded from the last time I have been in this hotel.To top it up it has a spa and an indoor pool.

For somewhere to rest your head at night on your holiday, I would definitely recommend.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The quality of the food by my standards (I’m Nigerian) was low. Breakfast had options but it all tasted like the food was purchased in the 50p shop. The orange juice tasted like it was a melted popsicle. Same standard for dinner too, basic taste, severe lack of flavor. I’d suggest buying breakfast from the local restaurants which is approximately €4.80...possibly dinner too.

The room was modern looking and pleasantly large with a good view of the sea. (We had a superior double) Location was decent. The bar area was nice, we were able to watch the Man U v Tottenham game in English, it was a nice ambience. Food aside, the hotel itself is very nice. I’d be more than happy to stay there again.

Room overlooked a flat roof but for a one night stay was acceptable. I think that work is still in progress as regards refurbishing so seems empty in places. New car park is underway so had to park further up in a free parking area .

Superb location close to shops etc .Clean and refurbished and spacious entrance etc. Breakfast fantastic ,catering for all tastes. Well organised dining area. Breakfast staff very efficient.

Reception and housekeeping staff were friendly and...

My room, 3239, was a long walk from the elevator (more than 30 rooms apart). I got used to it but it is something to consider. The hangers in the closet are too low for a dress or a coat.

Reception and housekeeping staff were friendly and professional Good and stable Wi-Fi everywhere in the hotel The indoor pool is a great option for a chilly April Great location, short walking distance from a central bus station (Bugibba) There is a USB electrical outlet in the room, which was very convenient for mobile charging

Clean, nice room.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Customer service in the restaurants and at front desk left a bit to be desired. My breakfast was often cleared away before I was finished with no apologies. The hot food in the breakfast buffet was never hot. Front desk were not overly helpful nor accommodating

Clean, nice room. Good views from room. Excellent facilities

Enjoyable

Lack of parking area , no name or banner with hotels name outside of the hotel , which shows that’s the destination

Most of the things Nice and clean room, big bathroom

Close to the sea

Staff did not inform me of breakfast times, hotel restaurants on check in, also please do not use the taxi company they recommend as its more expensive than others, and the driver left me 15 minutes away from my location.

Very clean and good location for my requirements.

Overall we had nothing to grumble about and almost everything was to our expectations. The good eg
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

The air conditioner as everytime we turned it on cooling it kep on heating. Good job we had did not need to heat our room as the sun heated it so we swiched the air conditioner off most of the time. The beds were not orthopaedic and for us back sufferers were quite low and mattresses quite soft. The sofa was quite low and not so comfortable. But we had two comfy high armchairs which at least compensated for the low sofa. We were only given 2 small bottles of water on the first day. The following days we had to buy our own. Hotel made us pay for our 7 days' stay on the first day of our arrival and added the daily tax to the bill ie they added 7 euros to the bill. On the day we left that is yesterday we were also asked to pay an extra 5 euros as Tourist Tax they said. My husband took care of all payments and did not ask the staff or mention anything that we had already paid 7euros Tax on our first day at the Hotel

Pleasant stay in friendly hotel
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast was pretty poor in terms of quality and crowds. Hate those coffee machines!

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was reasonably comfortable and clean but a little ‘tired’ in style and decor

Clean but basic rooms
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

The rooms were very basic and when the twin beds were put together there was a hard ridge in the middle of the bed. Also they only supplied 2 x single quilts.

Staff were friendly

The breakfast had plenty of choice also for vegetarians.

Twin room was remarkably smaller than shown online.

The breakfast had plenty of choice also for vegetarians. Superb location if you wish to explore the island by bus (main bus station right behind the hotel).

A nice expierence overall.

The tv in the room was very annoying as the channels were not clear due to bad reception, also there was no remote. The pool in the spa facility wasn t working the whole weekend which was a dissappointment as it was under maintenance.

Bed was very comfy

that the gym and sauna weren't accessible as we had in...

that the gym and sauna weren't accessible as we had in mind to use them. We weren't advised that they were unavailable which were a little of a disappointment.

They did not give me a good room initailly and it was terrible then i had to ask. Room service was bad and late most times. Location is not good either. I am sure there are other good and better hotels with this price elswhere in malta. It was a big mistake for and will never ever go to this hotel again. They said they private beach on the pic. But in all honesty there no such things.

Terrible worst hotel

A delightful stay!

air conditioning in the room worked only on heating.

The hotel is very welcoming with very modern features and the indoor pool with hydro massage is excellent. Food quality at breakfast was very good and the dinner was outstanding and also includes flowing wine and other beverages during the meals. we will definitely visit again!

Great stay, great staff and great location. Half way from Gozo Island and Valetta.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Two restaurants on 4 were closed. The bathroom door was in stained glass with no lock, and there was an empty space of 2 inches from the wall. Not very confortable travelling with a friend for the first time.

Nice selection for the morning breakfast. Wonderful staff, very helpful. The bed and pillows were very confortable!

Saturday evening buffet, breakfast are good.

Stayed in the hotel for a weekend.Food on Friday evening was very poor. Breakfast was ok. Some rooms are very small and not as described. Views from some rooms are looking into a yard full of junk and construction site. Had to change our room twice. Second room was dirty. Third room was better at least. Gym was in the Indoor pool.Couldn’t stand the heat. Gym had only 4 equipments and 1 of them wasn’t working.

Saturday evening buffet, breakfast are good.staff were kind and helpful.

Correct with nice outside facilities but no charm and very crowded
    • Standard Triple Room

A very crowded hotel, breakfast was a free for all and suffocating experience.

Nice location, staff was agreeable, close to the sea and very nice outdoor facilities to enjoy when weather permits.

Great Stay :)

Nice clean room, amazing view and great breakfast. Very satisfied with the staff and service provided. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Malta. Side Note: Also a big well done for the organization of the European eight ball championships. Everything was spot on.

possibly the fact the mention of certain facilities being closed throughout winter being mentioned on the website.

The attention to detail, excellent staff, superb olympic size awimming pool as well as the spa. The food as always, is to a good standard and the entertainment was good despite it being out of holiday season.

the staff were super helpful as it was very busy and loved...

the food put the whole experience down , it was all fatty or oily and not a lot of variety while most of the warm section was served cold ( the tikka masala, the potatoes and the meat )

the staff were super helpful as it was very busy and loved the room

The room was big, very nice and clean with a terrace and...
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

I was a bit disappointed because the room they gave me was not the one that I had booked . To add up there was so much noise going on during the night of people coming out of the lifts since the room was quiet close .

The room was big, very nice and clean with a terrace and lovely view . The bed was very comfortable and the sofa too . Nice bathroom and shower .

We had a fantastic holiday in the Dolmen.

The only problem we ran into was on our first night we were placed in the apartments in the older part of the building. However we were changed to a more modern room the next morning.

We had a lovely stay at the Dolmen. Its a fabulous hotel! Indoor pool was lovely and warm. There was a great selection at breakfast. The staff were lovely and friendly.

Dolmen Resort Hotel & SPA is an excellent place to relax and enjoy food................
    • Quadruple Room with Sea View

Breakfast was excellent Swimming pool very good Food very good Room excellent and very clean TV a bit small for the room Reception very helpful Room was ready on time Hotel very clean and organized

lovely and will visit again soon

No complaints

We only had issue with the first room given on the noise of our neighbour which was resolved instantly by moving to another room. No hesitation from the management very professional and helpful

An enjoyable romantic stay!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

That Tv in our room didn't have maltese channels.

We were given an upgraded room to a Superior room. Fantastic view. Room really clean and nicely furnished.

Super relaxing and satisfying.

Only problem in the room was that the wardrobe sliding door was broken. Apart from that there were no problems what so ever. Also the indoor pool was a bit disappointing as it was quite cold.

I liked the room a lot. The food was excellent especially breakfast. The indoor pool was a bit disappointing as it was quite cold. Apart from that i had an amazing time to relax and ill come back surely some time soon.

Nice break.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Expected room to look nicer and onsite parking would be beneficial. Indoor pool was rather cold.

Breakfast was great; bed very comfortable and nice view from terrace.

The best hotel stay of my life
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Honesty I am a critic but I couldn’t find anything wrong with this hotel. Everything was better than expected. The only thing that could be added is a water boiler and coffee to the room for those of us who wake up a few hours before the breakfast is ready.

I loved every bit of this stay. So much that we have decided to return to Malta and stay at this same hotel.

Relaxing place with great food. Staff need a little bit more happiness in their life.

Room was very very warm,had to get a fan from reception & then all was ok. on checkout Charles at main reception never said please or thankyou once & didn't even ask if our stay was ok or even say goodbye ?

Room was very modern & clean, comfy beds & very quiet. Evening meal was very good with free drinks .

It’s a good place to sleep but not the best resort to stay in all day.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The hotel is so new, the hotel doesn’t have a sing on it. The parking structure isn’t complete. I found ants in our room and a cockroach in the hallway of the spa. The fitness room; 3 of the 4 fitness machines didn’t work. Not a huge fan of the bathroom as it doesn’t have a shutting door, the shower is open, and there was a “window” in our bathroom that led to pipes in the wall.

The breakfast was great. The rooms are clean.

more than expected

the big pool wasn't heated enough for two days .we draw the attention of the man in charge but all we was told that it would be cooler later.

first time in this hotel and i was impressed because it's enormous and has many facilities.check in and out were fast ,staff are friendly.buffet and breakfast are genorous and you can find sorted food even gluten and lactose free products.very nice spa and big pool.incredible views from balcony.

No booking, no double bed, droning outside air duct. Considerable cost upgrade for the privilege.
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

No booking upon arrival, having to provide my booking.com confirmation to confirm my booking. Paid upgrade specifically to have a double bed and given two singles pushed together but don’t stay together. In a low occupancy hotel still given the room (6110) with the main air conditioning/fan duct running all night long.

Very spacious rooms and public spaces. Beautifully clean.

Our room was on the 6th Floor as requested with an amazing...
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Our room was on the 6th Floor as requested with an amazing scenery of the coast. I also requested a romantic setting as we were celebrating our anniversary. To my surprise when we got to the room, the bed was covered in red petals and a bottle of wine was given to us complimentary. Also the buffet food was Really good and with a vast selection also. Great value for money, will visit again for sure 😊😊

Reasonable but will not return

The parking was terrible arrived late and we were tired. Both of us in our sixties and husband has trouble with knees but we were not allowed to park near entrance as staff stated that this is needed for the following day at eight when it was a Sunday and workmen did not work. Disappointed that no co operation from hotel.

Room very well kept and cosy. Breakfast was well presented but cost a bit too high in price.

Dolmen hotel stay in Bugibba

View was not good if you dont get a seaside room and pay lot more

Was modern fully refurbished with nice atmosphere in the evenings. Good breakfast but no variety.

Good overall and very relaxing
    • Standard Triple Room

When checking in, we were told that the parking facility is under refurbishment and therefore not accessible. Totally understandable! On the second day of our stay we saw people making use of the parking facility, I obviously questioned and was told that its available for the people attending the Christmas day lunch. I felt this was absurd as people coming to the hotel for just lunch, were offerred a parking and us being residents, were asked to find parking in the street of busy Bugibba!

The view from our room balcony was breathtaking. The spa and the new indoor are beautiful

relaxing
    • Twin Room with Sea View

room size for the value of money and the cost of the trip booked months before compared to the actual cost of the trip if it was booked a couple of days before.

Dinners were excellent, a lot to choose from and the food was delicious. Different dinners for different evenings. Breakfast did not have quite a wide variety mostly English breakfast feel. We went to Dolmen a couple of times now but just this time it wasn't like before. We booked a sea view room over 5 months before our stay and 3 days before the booking, it was noted that the same room and everything was almost 100 euros less which was quite disappointing since usually its the other way around, we then phoned Dolmen to check whether we can cancel and rebook the trip that same minute but we were told that it would not guarantee us a sea view room with a bath as was initially booked. Because of this we ended up not rebooking the trip. The day after (where if we cancel the booking, a fee would have to be paid we were told that we can rebook the whole thing unlike the day before. At that time it was too late :/ ). Another thing that was disappointing was the size of the room compared to other times, it was half the size but double the money. Apart from those 2 things, everything was as expected. Clean room and a relaxing holiday.

Will be back again! It was a lovely stay and great for families!:)
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Beds are comfy but would have preferred a double bed and quilt rather than two single beds joined together with two separate quilts. Playpens/cots did not have a mattress so we used thick blankets we found in the wardrobe. We did not find tea making facilites in the room but when mentioned before check out we were told they were on request. Would have been nice to have some non dairy milk offered for breakfast.

Hotel is comfortable and nicely refurbished. We enjoyed the lobby and restaurant for breakfast. SInce it was christmas the atmosphere was lovely and we enjoyed the kids club and the animators' activities especially carol singing with mulled wine and christmas cake! That was a really nice treat and well unexpected!:) The sps ia very nice and was a treat! We also loved our christmas souvenir!:)

Definitely worth the money.

The bathroom was a little bit smelly, but I assume it's because Malta is an Island and the water may have this distinct smell that we are not used to. The smell is nothing to worry, just something we noticed.

The staff was really nice and helpful, the bed was amazingly comfortable and the breakfast was worth it.

for the price we paid we had a very good stay

the indoor pool was a little bit small

rooms and bathroom were big and very comfortable. we went with our 10months baby and had plenty of space in the room. the price was also very cheap, good value for money.

8/10

The bed in the room was 6/10 not bad enough to complain but not the most comfortable I've slept in whilst on holiday this includes my previous visit to dolman.

Overall good across the board. The spa was excellent great full body massage and oxy facial, for a Christmas freshen up.

Did most of what we wanted

Swimming pool indoor very small and outside ones closed, no hot tub, one member of staff in the spa wasn't very pleasant or helpful. Reception staff in hotel were lovely.

That the hotel was by the temple

Relaxing and comfortable.

Breakfast staff was not smiling or proactive.

We were welcomed by a porter at the entrance. We received an upgrade and sofa bed and cot for the children without extra charge on check in. Room was spacious, clean and in very good condition. Breakfast was fresh but could have had a wider range. Indoor pool is a bit small but Spa and Spa staff very kind and professional. I had an Ayurvedic treatment which was unplanned but very pleasant, Overall it was a very relaxing stay.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Short getaway

Beds are very light and moving around. Free Spa area has only one tiny dry sauna and a poor, let's say, gym... There is one swimming pool and two small whirlpools, overall spa is nothing special. I was in winter there, so that's why do I complain about spa. For summer there is a nice Amazonia beach club.

Clean and modern hotel which offers lots of entertainment. It has a perfect sea view and it's well located.

Room was amazing and a nice view, food was perfect.

The indoor pool was too crowded and children were jumping and splashing water. Also during our stay our phone charger exploded and we informed at the reception as the plugs were not working , to be fixed(which they were). I am disappointed as no one offered any refund for our charger and now we need to buy another charger which costs around 40/50 euros. Attached you can find the photos of the exploded charger

Room was amazing and a nice view, food was perfect. Staff were good also :)

Very nice hotel, comfy room and bed :)

There was no parking, but they were fixing it at the moment, so once it's done will be great :) The SPA was nice and clean but overcrowded with kids, jumping in the pool all the time which is not the hotel's fault after all, but uncomfortable for those who want to rest there and try to use the facilities as well.

The room was nice and warm, the breakfast was excellent.

An enjoyable romantic stay!

All we missed was an electric kettle at our room so that we could have some tea or coffee any time we like!The rest everything was perfect! I strongly recommend it to others!

Our stay was a memorable one. A room with a fantastic view and very comfortable. Thankyou so much!

Needed this short stay,but simple things can be arranged for a 4Star Hotel,recently refurbished.

My room A/C not working on hot temperature.Enquired with the Reception where after,I was provided with portable heater.No coffee making machine at the room.Toiletries very poor for shampoo,soaps etc.Like ration issues.

Hotel room clean and food excellent.

Nice hotel. Some silly rules. Excellent food and amazing staff

Evening entertainment area layout not very social and a bit flat in atmosphere..Some ridiculous rules for locker keys for spa. Signing receipts for all inclusive with a hospital wrist band. Had to ask for tea coffee making facilities in room. Would expect from a 4 star and a loose door handle. But these are minor staff and food were excellent

Staff were really nice helpfull. Location was good and accessible. Beautiful view over bay. Temple in grounds. The food was amazing. Great selection and care put into preparation cooking and look of food and a great choice. Spa facilities

Browse Dolmen Hotel Malta traveller photo gallery