Reviews of The St. George’s Park Hotel 3 stars

#31 of 33 hotels in St Julian's

5.7

5.7

4.8

Location is excellent and price is excellent.

Be aware that most of the guests are teenagers studying in English language schools in Malta.

Location is excellent and price is excellent. Everything is clean and safe. However it is a basic level hotel, not luxury.

A terrible hotel experience

The check in process was a disaster. Had to wait for nearly an hour coz they had my booking messed up. They could not find the booking and when they finally sorted it, they gave us a room that is occupied and the date was wrong. The room was very smelly, dusty and noisy. There is a ceiling fan in the room that turns on the moment you insert the key and there is no way of turning it off. The room is very warm, there is an AC in the room which is not working and there is a portable one that makes so much noise. We were not able to sleep due to these noises.

The place is very central and they have bigger swimming pools.

I wouldn't bother staying here.

The electricity went for 8 hours on the first night so the aircon/plugs didn't work. The second day the electricity went on and off about 10 times, so again the showers/ aircon did not work. Staff member was rude when checking out. Rang me in the room at 11.30 telling me I was supposed to check out at 11am, even though I was in the room with the maintenance man waiting for the shower to work again. He was really obnoxious on the phone despite the fact that I was delayed because if electrical fault.

Room had a balcony.

Would not recommend this place to any of our friends.
    • Studio

Aircondioner not connected just wiring no plug. View from balcony was rubbish, old furniture just thrown out of appartments, very noisy, not family friendly, more geared towards the younger people, the shower head was spraying everywhere and the connection on the wall fell off, so couldn't have a proper shower. A dirty bath mat was left in the bath. Room was like an old dormitory.

We were very glad for our stay at St. George's Park Hotel.

The WiFi, connected with a Facebook acount, did not work well. There was a lot of noice from the street during the night - especially loud, monotonous bass from the music in neighbouring restaurants. It was annoying, but the hotel wasn't to blame, of course .

We were happy to find that our room consisted of two bedrooms, so we had plenty of space. The staff was always kind and favourable and the breakfast was excellent. We are very satisfied and feel that we got a lot for our money.

Still good to stay!

We have stayed there for 4 days and 3 times an night the fire alarm was turn on without any reason. And we find two cockroach in bathroom despite of very clean room. Low quality of food for breakfast.

The room was clear, at night we don't hear any noises. It was close to most important things in the city.

Great value for money. No frills access to the local nightlife.

The check in was a little slow considering it was midnight, and only one person ahead of me.

The room was really good value. I paid 40 pounds for one night. It wasn't much better at my next hotel down the road for 120 pounds/night. The mattress was comfy, and air conditioning worked. Staff made an effort to keep noise levels down after 11pm.

be aware before booking

ceiling fan noisy, loud disco outside till 6am no AC shower faulty no tv no fridge in room small towels safe broken and from the 80's very old buidling poorly maintained

wifi was ok staff was friendly price is cheap good location

Very noisy, lots of drunk ppl, stuff at the lobby are very...

Very noisy, lots of drunk ppl, stuff at the lobby are very rude, specially the girl at te reception with the long blonde hair! Long waiting for the check-in and out! The stuff work very slow! The hotel Not even worth 1€!

Malta is a lovely holiday destination ,lots to see and do but our acomodation was very disappointing

Staff at reception could have been more friendly, we were expecting a self catering apartment and were told we had room only, so we had to pay €15.00 to hire a fridge for our room, the noise in the early hours of the morning was outrageous we could not get a proper nights sleep any night, if you wanted a drink at the bar even though we were paying we had to join a long queue of all inclusive guests ,would not stay here again

The really lovely cleaning lady

Absolutely worst hotel ever. Ignore the phoney positive reviews.

The cockroach in our bathroom. The check in process. The noise at night time with slamming doors reverberating throughout the building. The breakfast was so bad on our last morning we left without even bothering to have breakfast. Couldn’t get out of there quick enough.

We liked nothing about the place.The place is a kip to be avoided by any discerning traveller. The advertising is misleading and this is not even close to 1 star let alone 3. It is a glorified hostel, not a hotel by any standards.

Staff definitely need to get trained better as they work in a hospitality industry.

The staff at the check in counter are ill spoken. No hospitality. They made me wait for half an hour for check in and noone bothered to call me once it was my turn. I was exhausted as i had flown for over twelve hours and even after i told them that, they didnt care at all. They dont smile at all and behave like they doing a favour for you.

The location is perfect if you looking for good night life. Restaurants, Bars, Pubs, Clubs are all located right next to the hotel.

Despite a few shortcomings, a good place to stay in.
    • Studio

English breakfast. Could vary from time to time. Permanent lift maintenance (1 of 3), it was difficult to use the other 2 to get to the highest floor. The ceiling fan was saving lives but... definitely not enough to stay comfortable in end June. The cooler unsufficient and very loudy, hard to get asleep.

Great location in the social life centre. Lunch and dinner different each day. Tasty! Great swimming pools. Many youngsters :) Trip buses in the close neighbourhood. Comfortable matresses. Spacious terrasses in the upper floors.

Nice hotel spoilt by the food. Facilities good.

I thought the food was middle of the road. In fact I had diarrheal after I ate the LAMB STEW? I had to get the cleaners into my room to clean the bathroom floor. (they did a good job.) The cost of the shuttle was too high - I paid 8 euros for transport to Luqa!

The bed was comphy.

Smart choice for a weekend.

Sound isolation of walls, windows and doors is quite bad, considering the fact that clubs are next to the hotel.

Location and staff are just perfect ! Close to city center, close to the beach, close to the bus stations. Hotel is not very new, therefore the price is lower.

My partner describes the hotel as: "It was like you...

My partner describes the hotel as: "It was like you were going to meet a relative attractive woman based to photographs of the booking and when you go and meet her you realise that indeed she was the one on the photos but 75 instead of 25 years old and infected with syphilis" Worst experience in hotel ever.

The pool was nice, the location was good for our kind of...

The staff seemed unpleasant, blunt and confused in organising anything (at one point we gave up on a room which was taken by others) and a lot of old style paperwork, the rooms had many electrical faults and my bath leaked. The rooms were quite dirty and no Ac worked, the safe didn’t work. People burst into rooms and there is no do not disturb signs. The fan was loud and uncomfortable, the hot water supply was inconsistent in different rooms.

The pool was nice, the location was good for our kind of excursion, near lots of good food places, there was a decent beach nearby and shops for supplies.

you get what you buy!

you get what you buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BOOK HERE RUDE STAFF. when I arrived in the reception it was too much confusion... many people complaining about everything....I get scared! since first minute! we can make the check in only at 2pm not before...... but when was 2pm we tried get our room and the receptionist said that we had to wait because the manager had to go to the reception for to give autorization for the room. never say this before..... in my life. I had a feeling that they did not changed the sheets... it was the first thing i checked... lot of Hairs in the sheets.... yellow things they did not changed the sheets horrible..... I went to the shop to buy my own sheets for me. I think the cleanrs has too much work because the hotel is big...so... they dont change all sheets...

Weekend
    • Studio

It's very dirty and it looks like a hospital. The staff didn't exist and there was too much noise.

It is in the city centre so you can reach every place in a few steps.

Awful

Cockroach in the bathroom. Slamming doors all night long. Roaring from the street. Guy vomiting from balcony nearby. This place is not a hotel it’s a lunatic asylum.

Both of pools are beautiful, breakfast is rich, the sea is...

It is a little bit loud on nights, since the cafes are just under, but if you arw a good sleeper as I am, no other minuses, bearing in mind the price.

Both of pools are beautiful, breakfast is rich, the sea is minute and half by foot.

Hotel is realy ok for this price, but it shoud be more clean.

The bath tab was not clean. There was no fridge in the room (as it was on the picture when we booked) and it's not very convenient if you want to have a bottle of cold water in the room for example. 3 stars means not luxurious but it does not mean that it shouldn't be clean.

Close to the bus and the beach. Beds are comfortable, and the room is big.

Good to stay over night but just with worthy discount

Pool&sauna were closed at the evening already, staff wasn't really helpful, made mistakes with my payment

Room was comfy, but we stayed there just for one night and because of big discount

Very underwhelming

There were at least five people always behind the counter talking to each other and yet, it took some considerable effort to catch anyone’s attention. Our room was directly facing the clubbing area and the music was so loud at night that we couldn’t fall asleep until 3am. We found a cockroach on the hall leading to breakfast and another one in our bathroom. There were lots of issues with signing into the wifi. There is no air conditioning in the rooms but there are old ceiling fans which make a lot of noise when you turn them on.

The hotel was close to a lot of things. There was a wide range of options for breakfast.

Do not do that!!!

Staff is very aggressive, I have to pay extra money for food, cockroaches with the size of a soccer ball, very dirty in rooms, the food is the same every day. It’s not a hotel, it looks like HOSTEL.

Location, beach, bus stop is very close, bars and restaurants are very close, swimming pool

Ugly hotel

Different size of cockroaches in the room, constantly clogged up sink in the bathroom, TV without distance remote, not working AC (only fan), British sockets and no adapters in the room, the same breakfast menu everyday.

Nice hotel, friendly staff

The view from the room was excellent. The breakfast was great. Perfect location, lot of restaurants and bars. St. Julian's beach on 500 m from the hotel.

My stay was alright,
    • Studio

Many young people who are noise even after 23:00. One times I argued with them because they were listening the music very load and singing.

The location very good, the room was alright.

We had a great stay and would go back and recommend to others

Lack of tea making facilties in room and no clothes airer to hang damp clothes up

Staff and having pool view, breakfast had good variety hotel close to all amenities pool area was very good

3.5
    I wouldn't stay here again.

Poor customer service. Breakfast not great. Stains on bedsheets. Watered down milk. People slamming doors, singing and shouting down corridors at 2-3am most nights.

The swimming pool area.

Good place if you're looking for nights out and a pool
    • Quadruple Room

second larger bin in room should be provided, small bathroom bin isn't big enough for 4 people. mould in the bathroom should be treated

close to the party area good bus connections to other places nice pool

Cheap party hotel, don't go if you want peace

The room had twin beds and when I pushed them together, it was really uneaven and uncomfortable. The neighbourhood is loud and ugly, bus stop quite far. Room had no towles and I had to ask for them three times. Furniture kind of run down and the whole place needed updating.

The room had a bath and a balkony.

Food was vary tasty,pool was very clean (I usually never...
    • Quadruple Room

Staff on reception were very unorganized , sometimes it looks even disoriented

Food was vary tasty,pool was very clean (I usually never used the hotel pools,they are often contaminated)

6 SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

HOTEL IS A PARTY HOTEL , OWN DISCO TILL MIDNIGHT , THEN REVELLERS TILL DAWN. TRIED TO MOVE OUT AFTER2 OF 6 NIGHTS WHEN ROOM COULD NOT BE CHANGED. YOU WOULD THINK THE BRAINS TRUST WOULD PUT A LONG STAY GUEST IN A LESS NOISY ROOM ( ABOVE DISCO ) !!!!!!! MADE MY MALTA HOLIDAY MEMORABLE FOR WRONG REASONS.

ROOM

good enough quality for the price, friendly staff, good...

the bath tube was old and the water pressure quite poor, the stuff was quite uninformed and disorganized and there was a night club right next to the hotel, so it was like sleeping on a disco,

good enough quality for the price, friendly staff, good location near to bus stops and the beach

Hotel out of date

Hotel's basic were neglected such as maintenance. Shower needed some attention. Door handle falling off constantly. WIFI only available if you'd check-in on Facebook at the hotel which I find unacceptable. I'd never check in a hotel like that. Receptionist unaware I changed my reservation from 1 person to 2 long before checking in. Not exactly fault of employees as they were doing the best with options they had. Had to pay deposit 50 EUR at check-in. It was returned no hassle there. Yet still asking deposit is silly. Management definitely need to step up their game.

Location and direct bus (X2) connection to and from the airport. Informations in lobby about tourist hotspots were good. Staff friendly.

The general state of the hotel is passable (the breakfast is...

The general state of the hotel is passable (the breakfast is awful...)and if you are looking for a place to relax, it is really not the right place to go!!!

You Get What You Pay For

Hotel is very basic and dated, the place could be cleaned more thoroughly. Didn't have our booking when we checked in and the check-in staff were quite rude and one of them seemed reluctant to give us a room, even though I had the booking confirmation with me and there was no apology. Wouldn't pay extra for breakfast, save the money and pop over the road to one of the cafes instead.

You get what you pay for. Food and cleaning staff were all really friendly. Location is good, near a bus stop that connects to lots of main tourist sites.

Great hotel for a cheap price.

Could have had a mini-bar in the hotel room. Wifi wasn't secure according to my phone, so didn't use this.

The size of the room was great with a nice balcony with great views of the swimming pool and lovely buildings in the background. This exceeded my expectations in relation to the cheap price I paid. The swimming pool area was great! The location was great! And for me the breakfast was good enough.

Okay
    • Studio

There was a television without a remote controller. The phon didn't work, fortunately we took one from Italy because we read the reviews. There are only few utensils in the kitchen. They are effective, but I would add also a salad bowl, for example. The street in which the Hotel is located is full of young people. Don't go to this Hotel if you want a quite night, we could hear music till 5am even if our room was at the eighth floor.

I was with other two girls and we paid 213 for 6 nights. The price is OK for what we had. We didn't have breakfast included. We had a kitchen in our room. Honestly we were a bit scared reading the reviews on the internet, but everyday we found our room clean. This hotel is okay if you want a low cost vacation in a normal room. The location is okay for young people.

don't stay there, if you have another option

it's a huge hotel with loads of people, it was full of youngster groups who were partying, but the worst was that in the hotel next doors there was an incredibly loud party happening EVERY night. It felt like we were sleeping in the middle of the dance floor, the bed was shaking from the music. The breakfast is also very poor and the staff was not the friendliest.

it's in a convenient location - close to bus stops and can get anywhere from there by bus; the price is good

This hotel is definitely not suitable for families traveling with children
    • Quadruple Room

The location was terrible, why this hotel was recommended for a family traveling with six kids i don't know. There are pubs and night clubs on each side of the hotel, which stay open until 4am, my bedroom balcony door would not close fully so it was extra noisy. We had no sleep. Not knowing the area at all, when entering details into booking.com id expect to have a hotel suitable for a family. This hotel is definitely not family friendly. There are no facilities in the bedroom so don't expect a cup of tea or coffee in your room. All the rooms have single beds. I will not book this hotel again.

Staff were friendly

Rozczarowanie

- cleanliness in the room (worms on the floor and in cabinets) - cleanliness in the bathroom (mushroom on the walls) - 50 Euro deposit required (no information during registration) - a bed made of plywood and a mattress :( - during the booking, there was no information that all amenities are payable (safe, air-conditioning, swimming pool, towel, everything.) - 24h noise

+ proximity to catering facilities

Basic hotel

The staff is numerous as well as customers, but does not look very well organised. Not enough healthy options for breakfast: poor fruit and vegetable choice. The same breakfast every morning.

The location of the hotel is good. Big room but basic.

Only good for one night.

On arrival had to pay 50 euros deposit for the room. Staff were not polite. For breakfast the food seemed like it was all boiled even the bacon and sausages. The room floor was not clean. Room was noisy from hotel entertainment

Only good for one night.

Family holiday

Did not get the rooms we were made to believed we had booked

The rooms were poorly maintained. Checking staff rude and unaware of the laws of Malta (17 years old is illegal drinking age) But the Night-Time security very friendly and helpful

Not so good

Service and hygiene. Airconts and the ceiling was in mould the first room.Ant infestation in one of the rooms their "room service" was getting someone WITH AN INSECT SPRAY that sprayed everywhere making it unable to be in there. Only after calling again they changed the room after getting rejected the first time.

It's ok
    • Quadruple Room

It took a while to check in, a lot of strange procedures and paperwork. There are no parking, as said on Booking

The hotel in general is quite OK. A lot of place in the room, some rooms can reach free WiFi (I was the lucky one). Staff is nice and helpful. Beds are comfortable and clean

No comfort here.
    • Studio

Lift: we were in 8th floor and the lifts were time to time broken. Cleanness: the room was not clean, there were dust on the table , as wll as some sticky material. Even the dishes were not clean. Kitchen: in general totally unusable: not enough dishes, no kettel( although there was a picture of electric one). No microwave,so we could not make tee even. No equipments to wash dishes! You should buy everything despite it was written that the apartment was with a full equipped kitchen snd we expected not to need to buy things for washing dishes. Even the refrigerator was not good, it was a fridge and our water turned to ice , our fruits turned to stones!!! Bathroom: the shower head was extraordinaly small and the water had no pressure.i had never seen such a shower head. It was also very close to the wall and to take shower one should nearly touch the wall, ther rest of the tub was useless. I attach a picture. Toillet paper holder was broken. Dustbin lid was broken. Smell of food and boiling oil came all the time from toilett window!! I suppose it was from other kitchens. Bed: very soft beds. We got backache. Room: -window‘s lock was brocken. In principle it was possible to enter the room from balcony! - the safe was not usable( no key) - tv was not connected to power and ther was no remote control( this was resolved, but i had to go to reception which was two blocks away from our building and had to stay in line... -noise: very loud at nights, the walls were thin and all the time we heard the people in the corridor. Also the bars closeny were very loud inside. Location: terrible if you wish to sleep at nights.

the staff were fast in resolving tv snd hairdryer issues. We did not have british socket and they helped us connecting our charger to plug. Location is close to bus stops, aldo good cafes for breakfast are in walking distance.

Good for school trips, not for couples or families.
    • Studio

If there was a real control of the building at night to avoid kids disturbing the guests,if the girl at the reception was polite, if the windows on Street side were properly isolating the sound and maintenance was done in all the structure.

WiFi didn't reach the highest floor where I was staying and wasn't free of charge, very loud on street due to pubs and clubs, in my room there was no hot water from the sink, in my friends room there was no cold water in the shower. Staff (apart from the girl who did my check out that was not nice to me when I said again there was no hot water in my bathroom) was very friendly and professional. School trips everywhere, students were left running shouting and knocking on every door the whole night long.

entraining from a people watching excise

bad points from my point of venue very very lively night life till 4 am lots of drunks staggering around banging doors shouting hotel poorly maintained beware the professorial lady's of the night in and around the bars out side good place if you are looking for a club 18/30 type holiday

Good points fantastic location nice size room good pool

Ok for that price but just for one night.

The quality of food for breakfast was very bad. Huge line for check-in/ check-out like passports control at the airport. Staff is very ignorant because the hotel is huge and it’s crazy rotation of guests.

Ok for that price but just for one night.

Easy access from bus stops.

Not easy to find the hotel as at the main entrance nothing shows the name. In the center of Paceville, which means its loud and the hotel is full of drunk youngsters. The staff is cleaning also during the night which makes it even louder. Nothing said I needed to pay 50EUR deposit.

Easy access from bus stops.

Very bad attitude for an hotel with so much potential. Never again!

- the staff is terrible! No customer skills at all. Clearly not interested in working. No matter if you deal with staff at the reception or at the bar.. They have no interest in helping you... - we paid the deposit via card and was assured that it will be refunded 100% within a week. As I was suspicious I did ask more than once. Unfortunately the money is still not back in my account! I need now to report the hotel as fraud to my bank (meaning waste of time on paperwork and cancellation of my current card). DO NOT BELIEVE THE STAFF AND LEAVE DEPOSIT IN CASH! I have been trying to call their phones (2numbers) for the past few days non stop to sort this issue... Not a single answer... Guess all phones are in silent mode!

Booked this hotel for a wedding weekend, we actually got a very nice room with nice terrace and big bathroom so I have to admit, no complain there.

Electricity and wc was not working when we arrived.

Electricity and wc was not working when we arrived. There were no hot water in the beginnig. Water pressure was very poor. One day service people had left door unlocked. Very loud street behind the window.

Avoid it at all cost
    • Studio

Upon arrival the receptionist couldn't find our reservation. Check-in took 30 mins. We had a 3 bed room but only two guests and the receptionnist tried to scam us and charge us touristic taxes for 3 people instead of two. When we got to the room it got worse. There were ANTS all over the floor and the space under the beds hadn't been cleaned for years, found old tea bag, dirty socks and hairbrush under the bed. Leaks on all taps, toilet flush broken windows won't lock so neighbors can get in from our balcony. It's not over bed sheets were missing on one of the beds and towels were in uneven numbers. Our all 3 nights were so unrestful, as the noise from the club was overwhelming and the fan of the room made so much noise it was unusable and looked it was going to detach from the ceiling and scalp us. After all of this, you don't feel you can count on or trust the staff there, this business is ran without any sense of consciousness.

The neighborhood is lively.

The property is a shared accommodation- this wasn't...

The property is a shared accommodation- this wasn't clearly stated on the site. There was so much noise from the club next door. i won't be returning here. ever

The location of the hotel was convenient: the shoping Mall...
    • Studio

we arrived erlier though we had to wait 4 hours for chekin. Apart of that everything alse was good.

The location of the hotel was convenient: the shoping Mall is near the cofee shop is near as. well! There is Hop on bus stop were you have take the red and blue lines. P.s the red one is better views.

never again

The food, but there are restaurants and burger bars in the area. Drink, beer in tins. other drinks/coffee in disposable plastic cups which was up graded to polystyrene. No hot drinks after 2300hrs.

Great Location

Staff didnt seem interested in helping guests. Still waiting for deposit refund a month after checking out - highly recommend paying the €50 deposit in cash to avoid this wait. No information in room or anywhere that i could see about breakfast times or where hotel facilities, like pool were. Saw cockroaches around the reception area. They were doing some work to some of the rooms on the floor i was on so lots of mess and shouting between staff . Maids don't give enough time to answer the door before just walking in, and considering the hotel is in the heart of the party area of Malta having the maids coming round at 8am on a Saturday morning seems a bit early, especially as there were no "Do Not Disturb" signs to hang on the door.

Great Location, near beach, bars, restaurants and very close to several bus stops including City Sightseeing Bus stops. I didn't spend much time at the hotel but it was a good central base

College dorm at best

Loud, hard beds, hot water that lasted 4 minutes (so anybody showering afterwards got hosed), electrical safety issues in our room, 3am fire alarm

Location to a hop on hop off to leave the area, the staff handled the chaos of check-in and the young clientele as best as they could

Comfortable but noisy

It took an hour to check-in. It was also very noisy as the walls and windows are thin and the hotel is right next to the night club zone of Paceville.

The room was large and the bed was comfortable.

Rooms cleaned everyday by great cleaners which is amazing.

Ground floor is very noisy somenights. Also laundry is very expensive. Not the place to stay with a family. Great budget/party hotel.

Rooms cleaned everyday by great cleaners which is amazing. Massives looks to drink around. Perfect place to go for a big weekend with your friends.

Value for money and suitable for our needs.

Definitely think this hotel is for a younger crowd, being very basic.

We stayed at the hotel overnight in order to catch the airport shuttle for an early flight. The hotel was perfect for this purpose.

I like the position, its well located for the buses as you...

They charged 50 euro deposit for security in the check in, if you're in a budget with short cash in hand take the consideration to take extra for leave as security for them.... the girl I did the check was a bit rude as rushing the process.. don't explain anything about the location of even the building... so was pretty much pay me, thats your key and bye.. I work in hospitality and its important to at last make the client comfortable... not only to meet the deadlines in the end of the day...

I like the position, its well located for the buses as you leave the hotel one short walk around 5 min you are in the middle of St Julians, all supermarkets, a few shops, Spinola bay, hard rock etc..

This hotel was close to everything in Paceville and the...
    • Quadruple Room

The breakfast was OK and a little too crowded at certain times. There was lots of noise from nearby clubs ( as you’re in the heart of the city ) bring earplugs and you’ll sleep fine.

This hotel was close to everything in Paceville and the nearby beach, the beds were comfy and the wifi worked (after you check in on facebook). Everything we needed for our 4 night stay.

Sleepless nights in sloppy place

Location of the Hotel was in the center of the nightlife. The door of the terrace couldn't close properly, thus our sleep was not good. Plus, it's usually an hotel for school trips, thus the night it gets really hard to sleep if the other guests are not disciplined.

Location of the Hotel was in the center of the nightlife, you can party hard and go back to the hotel in seconds. It is also very close to the bus stops which take you to the other cities and the seaside is within walking distance

Very enjoyable

The scrambled eggs were not very tasty; no jam and no cheese on our last day; too many stews in the evening. The noise at night. The time we wasted on various occasions because our reservation had been wrongly registered …

The room, the location, the help for the buses. …

Short- omitted breakfast as did not start until 8am
    • Quadruple Room

Room not ready - no quilts on two beds and despite telling reception twice in person they could only supply thick sheets at midnight. Hotel full of drinking groups of youngsters who were very very loud and messy.

closeness to bus stops. Good choice of restaurants around. big rooms

Policy "Welcome, guest! And here you see the list of extra charges that we will take from you!"

Attitude - 0 customers orientation, rudeness and incompetense of staff. On arrival they blocked on my credit card the deposit of 50 euro (the room itself costs twice less!!!) for possible damage (they were telling it is written in description but i ve checked several times and never found it). Come on i can understand that you take damage deposit from a group of students without heads on their shoulders but not from a single lady that stays for 1 night only. On my requests to provide any garanties that the money would be returned or confirmation that no damage occured by me the manager was rude and his only response was to call the police. The young lady was able only to copy his words - absolutely 0 knowledge of profession. Only the night manager was competent enough to provide me the confirmation letter but the money is still in block. Then my swimsuite fell down from balcony on the ground and they were never able to return it to me telling they cannot have access to the certain areas during the evening hours - absurd!!! One complect of towels was dirty, the flush didnot work in bathroom, it was hard to open the door, saw several cocroaches in corridors. On the arrival they provide you not the list of services but the "welcome letter" that is only the list of money which they want to charge you extra - what a cool "Welcome")) Not speaking about rumors but this was expected considering the area so i did not care much. So never never never again

Position - in the center of Paceville Frankly speaking the room was ok i expected worse

The staff is great, very friendly and nice, which astonished...

This hotel is more like a students' dormitory than a place to stay. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are 16 to 18 y/o and look for a place to party.

The staff is great, very friendly and nice, which astonished me given the conditions of work.

Nice hotel, good value for money. Could have some improvements.

Sound isolation of the room was kinda bad. You could here people talking in the next room or walking in the hallway. Doors were banging all the time, since they had a little space between them and the frame, because of the draft.

The room itself was quite big and it had nice terrace.

Disappointing.

Cleanliness was definitely a reason to leave within a day. Too noisy for a leisurely stay. Not at all what I'd expect from a 3 star hotel.

Staff were fairly hospitable.

Food horrendous, full of young people who were in large group and were very noisy.
    • Studio

One day we went for breakfast at 9am and there was nothing left, no plates no bowls/ bread/butter/tables were not cleaned/coffee machine broke/no orange/ we had to go to the pub next door to get something to eat. Full of young people, perhaps they had eaten all the food because they had no manners, it was like a youth hostel, definately not for a couple or family .

Bed was comfy

Good value of money for a 3-star hotel.

Rooms are not very sound-proof. I could hear people talking on the corridor, and closing their door loudly, which is not very nice if you'd like to sleep in a bit in the morning. Room cleaners come a bit too early for me and I don't particularly enjoy being waken up at 9/9:30 on holidays.

Very good location for people who like to go out. The hotel is right next to the bar district, and it is a very lively environment. The hotel has a large common room for people to hang out and have some drinks and music.

Browse The St. George’s Park Hotel traveller photo gallery