2. Malta hotel reviews
  3. Malta hotel reviews
  4. St. Julian's hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hugo's Boutique Hotel - Adults Only

Reviews of Hugo's Boutique Hotel - Adults Only This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

St.George's Road Paceville, STJ 3200 St. Julian's, Malta

#7 of 36 hotels in St. Julian's

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

I will come back again, it worthy the money
    • Standard Twin Room

‘Great staff makes this hotel worth the stay.’ ➖ So, I was a little hesistant because of what I had read about the noise, and it is really true - there is no escaping the noise from outside which does go until the early hours of the morning. We had a room on the 5th floor and then were moved to the 7th floor, and the noise level didn't change. I knew it going in, so I had ear plugs handy and my husband downloaded a white noise app, so we did sleep fine. But the noise does seem to be inescapable from the rooms. Additionally, the pool is not just for hotel guests - people can pay a fee to enter the pool area. From what I could tell, there were always seats available, but it was also busier than it would be if it were just for hotel guests. ➕ The staff was absolutely fantastic - super friendly and helpful. Our flight was at 17:00h and they allowed us to stay for another two hours for free...The hotel is really nice - very clean with good room sizes. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was excellent. The rooftop pool and the bar was nice and I loved it, the view was amazing! The location is really in the middle of the city so many bars and good restaurants to choose from within walking distance.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Not for us - but the actual hotel was a lovely design.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Location - location - location. Right in the centre of Malta's teenage night life. First night we walked up the stairs to the hotel that were covered in vomit. Second night we found a young girl passed out with two boys trying to get her upright. Noisy loud music until 3/4 in the morning - then the builders started at 8. Wish we had done our research better on the location.

Loved the hotel, bar and set up. Great design and really great staff. Bed was comfortable - lovely bed linen.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Execptional Stay, 10/10 would recommend!
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The breakfast wasn't that impressive, even tough there was a variety of food it all finished pretty early. The coffee was also quite stale and when asked about it was told that it was the fault of the machine. Ended up not taking any coffee which did not really help my morning routine hehe

The room was simply amazing and all the staff were extremely helpful. The fact that the hotel was close to multiple amenities was a great bonus too :)

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The staff working there are extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The overall style of the hotel, especially the lodging areas are a bit tacky and sometimes to implicitly sexual. Noise in the room (we were on the second floor on a Saturday evening) was tolerable but still irritating when you're trying to sleep.

The staff working there are extremely friendly and helpful. No expenses were spared in all parts of the hotel which has a very distinctive style. The breakfast is of a very high standard and honestly exceeded our expectations.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Great size room and gorgeous decor.
    • Standard Twin Room

Quite noisy and the various lights coming from the switches etc in the room were annoying as I prefer complete darkness. Milk for coffee and tea in the room should be provided.

Great size room and gorgeous decor. Love the bedding and bed.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Design, cleanliness, comfortable bed
    • Standard Twin Room

Entertainment System didn’t work,couldn’t connect my iPhone to watch movies,the tablet which was provided wasn’t working.The guy promised to solve it asap and let me know,but I didn’t hear anything from him till the end of my stay.

Design, cleanliness, comfortable bed Very friendly staff.Woman at the bar deserve a great compliment for recommendation of Chicken Nuggets.Bar was amazingly comfortable the bartender guy really professional.Food quality is also really good.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

The staff at this hotel were amazing!
    • Standard Twin Room

It’s was a little noisy and right down the end of a strip where there are a lot of gentlemen bars, but the noise is nothing that is going to keep you up at night. I used to live in an apartment near a busy road and the noise was of a similar level

The staff at this hotel were amazing! Really went above and beyond for us (even walking us around to find a taxi!) There was a problem with the hot tub when we upgraded rooms but they moved us straight away to another one! The rooms were lovely, and kept really clean! Was really surprised at how nice the standard room was. They also decorated the room for my boyfriends 30th birthday. There was so much around in terms of bars and places to eat!

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Amazing room and jacuzzi.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

In the middle of the strip. Too noisy and tacky for an adult break but great for a stag do.

Amazing room and jacuzzi. Pool and roof were beautiful. Nice view of the harbour.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Hugo boutique hotel is fabulous
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is exceptional... But the location is not as wonderful.

Everything was fabulous. The rooms are super. The breakfast is great. The staff is wonderful.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

The hotel is very nice.
    • Double Room with Balcony

It's located right in the party district so it does get very loud at night which is unfortunately still quite audible in the room.

The hotel is very nice. Clean, super friendly staff, yummy breakfast. The rooms themselves are really pretty as well.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Great and kind staff, beautyfull rooms
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel is located in the center of Baystreet, the heart of the disco. They tried to keep out the noise, but we still enjoyed the music every night untill at least 4 am !

Great and kind staff, beautyfull rooms

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Great staff in a brand new hotel .
    • Standard Twin Room

The location itself is very noisy, right in the center of St Julian. If you want to relax at night consider another location. Although, the hotel uses double glazed windows and it is "heard". Also the hotel decor is completely black. Didn't matter for us since it was a short stay.

Great staff in a brand new hotel . Everything is taken care of in a calm and friendly manner. Breakfast was very good, plenty to choose from and comfortable hours for the early and late risers.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Very nice place.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel location is in the heart of party area with lots of bars and pubs, so there is noise every night. I'm was on 5th floor and I can't say it was very loud , it did not disturb me to much, but some people may not like it.

Very nice place. Looks fancy, new, clean and modern. The staff were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

We loved it!
    • Double Room with Balcony

The area of paceville is full on party all night every night. Luckily the rooms had triple glazing. Not a problem for us but some people would find the area too young and noisy.

The staff were excellent from restaurant, bar,reception, cleaners. Roof top pool staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast choice excellent. Rooms decorated and furnished to very high standard. Wonderful hotel!

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Fantastic, comfortable, luxurious and extremely clean room...
    • Standard Twin Room

Slightly noisy at night , however definitely wouldn’t put me off , absolutely smashing hotel

Fantastic, comfortable, luxurious and extremely clean room and facilities

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

In my opinion this is not a boutique hotel.
    • Double Room with Balcony

In my opinion this is not a boutique hotel. The pool area is shared with the sister hotel and permits access to non-residents. Any relaxing atmosphere is negated by the overcrowding and the loud music. The rooms are advertised as technology driven, but unfortunately the staff were not able to describe the operation of the control panel to us and the units in our room appeared to be faulty. The staff reacted quickly to our disappointment and upgraded us to another available room, and although there were still issues with the technology in this room we were able to work around it. The breakfast staff are friendly, but we noticed on our last day of a 7 night stay that other guests were offered eggs to order, something that was not offered to us on any morning. The location of the Hotel is conveniently near the beach, although it should be noted that it is also located amongst the many "Gentleman’s Clubs" the area has to offer.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Room was very nice.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

I expected the pool area to be a bit bigger, even the pool itself. More facilities would help as well such as a small gym.

Room was very nice. Beds super comfy. Shower is amazing. Had a nice view from our room. Breakfast was good but nothing too out of the ordinary.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Nice staff, overpriced and underwhelming hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

The description of the property is very deceptive. It’s alluded to as a pencil and tranquil holiday destination, but this is at from true. It’s right in the middle of the party strip, you’re kept up all hours by the strip clubs directly underneath. The one small pool is lovely but blares out music at all hours. This is NOT a relaxing resort holiday; it’s a nice but massively overpriced hotel in the middle of party town.

The hotel staff were lovely and very helpful

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Balcony

Only one coffee cup in room. Some noise from street below late at night/early morning despite sound proofed room

Bed very comfortable nice use of modern technology

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Great staff makes this hotel worth the stay.
    • Double Room with Balcony

The staff was absolutely fantastic - super friendly and helpful. We had an issue with the AC in our room, and they were very quick to accomodate us. The hotel is really nice - very clean with good room sizes. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was excellent. I LOVED the rooftop pool and the bar - the view was fantastic! The location is really in the middle of everything - so many bars and good restaurants to choose from within walking distance.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Fabulous hotel in the heart of the party district.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is bang in the middle of the busiest party district in Malta. The clubs are very noisy and you can hear the music in the rooms until 3/4 am. The hotel should provide ear plugs in each room for this. The pool area also has live DJs every day from 1pm so the music in the pool area is very loud, so much so you can hear it on the beach 11 floors below and 2 streets away! Great if you are in your 20s not so great in your late 30s.

Staff were so friendly and welcoming. The rooms and beds were huge and very comfortable. The hotel is really well kept and clean. The breakfast each day is lovely, with a mixture of both continental and a cooked breakfast.The pool area is lovely and has great views over St Georges Bay. The beach is a few mins walk from the hotel and there are loads of fab restaurants and bars in the surrounding area. The hotel has an excellent and reasonably priced car company that they use, that you can book to take you to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Really gorgeous hotel, Lovely rooftop bar & pool. Recommend staying here.
    • Double Room with Balcony

It would have been nice if the hotel had a gym. The location of the hotel is right by the party strip of Malta which is lively right through the early hours of the morning. If you're after peace and quiet this isn't the best location for you although when windows are closed and curtains drawn the sound isn't unbearable at all and we still managed to have a good night sleep each night.

The hotel was very nice and the staff were so lovely and helpful. Everything about the hotel was just like the pictures shown. Breakfast each morning was a lovely buffet spread with everything, including fresh fruit options, yogurts, croissants, and hot food such as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages etc. It even included the traditional Maltese pastry dishes 'pastizzi' which I had heard about prior to visiting. The staff were so pleasant each morning. Unfortunately, we weren't able to stay in one of the rooms which had a jacuzzi due to having booked quite last minute but the room we had was lovely none the less. We had a real nice view from our balcony and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Edgy, modern, extremely good facilities, just in a rather ordinary area.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed was extremely comfortable, and amenities all excellent. The actual area of Paceville/St Julien's was a little disappointing. This area, (I was completely unaware) is a night club district, and the streets were very dirty, and extremely noisy. Quite the "Red" light district, with many men's clubs and galleries, and much police activity. The hotel however, was beautifully designed and modern, staff excellent. Just such a shame it was in such a seedy area.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Nice hotel in a not so good area
    • Standard Twin Room

Such a noisy area. At night music from bars and clubs was so loud and noise from other guests staying on the same floor made it extremely uncomfotable at night resulting in me and my husband being woken up several times by other guests knocking on our door and 3am and then at 5am. The area surrounding the hotel has lots of construction going on and is generally quite dirty with litter. I would recommend staying in st julians but not around the clubs area. Windows were very dirty, definitely needed a good clean from the out side.

Room itself was nice enough and clean. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

The hotel was absolutely beautiful, great amenities,...
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn't research the area before I went, so I was disappointed with the location. It's in club central, where people are partying into the night. This could easily be a positive for someone else, though. You could hear the nose from the street, but only faintly. It didn't hinder our sleep. And you might feel a little out of place if you're older. They play beats at breakfast and there's a DJ at the pool in the afternoons. Also, the bathrooms were not very private. There was frosting on the glass to the bathroom door, but you could still see, and definitely hear, everything. I could see how this might be an issue for some people.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful, great amenities, friendly staff, great breakfast. I won't forget about the mirrors about the bed! We had some hugos pizza and pasta, and was pleasantly surprised with some amazing food!

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

It was an excellent experience and it looking forward to come back. I loved this place.
    • Double Room with Balcony

They didn’t have much verities for breakfast, though it was good.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. Loved the pool area and the room was very clean!

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Staff at reception.

Nothing . Everything was amazing 10/10

Staff at reception. The Korean Girl was amazing. Lovely to talk with and so friendly and welcoming to Me and Mom. Rooftop pool was amazing!! And the room was beautiful. Overall, best stay in Europe!!

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Worth every penny.
    • Double Room with Sea View

I really love my stay at this hotel. It is centrally located in the middle of everything. You don't have far to walk for nothing. The employees are the best I've come acrossed... I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Fabulous Hotel, staff were so friendly and helpful and...
    • Standard Twin Room

Hard to get a sun lounger at the pool as public can pay entrance to the pool area each day. Very busy at weekends.

Fabulous Hotel, staff were so friendly and helpful and service was impeccable. Food at the pool and Hugo's lounge was really impressive. Decor is beautiful and bed was very comfy! We had requested a quiet room and put on the 3rd floor which was a little noisy and aircon did not work too well but after the 1st night we were moved to the 5th floor which was perfect.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Very disappointing indeed
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was poorly insulated meaning you can hear the night clubs all night/morning. I was promised an upgrade which materialised the next day. This room had faulty air conditioning and ants. The shower also leaked. I could have dealt with these shortcomings until on the last evening I was told to F^&k off by a member of bar staff when I ordered a bottle of coke. I reported this and took it up with the General manager the next day. I explained all my disappointments which the GM apologised for. She was kind enough to pay for a beer for me. Thanks. The only real reason to stay at this hotel is to take advantage of the nightlife next door. However, for me this is not a 4* hotel.

Lovely rooftop pool. Food was good.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Staff were excellent spacious room infinity pool was great...
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Jaccuzi bath was temperamental room was a little tired but I still didn't like Having to leave.

Staff were excellent spacious room infinity pool was great food was fab location and all the other Hugo outlets were great. Whiskey lounge cocktails were amazing

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

The staff were amazing and went above and beyond, absolutely brilliant!
    • Standard Twin Room

A little bit noisy at night but that may have been the rooms location, a town facing room.

The staff were incredible and the service was second to none, superb!

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Best hotel in Malta
    • Standard Twin Room

We were met by a supergreat receptionwoman from Spain. She took care of our luggage before we could check in. We got our room before check in time, and reception called to tell us room was ready. The room was fancy and modern and equipped with the newest technology. Everything was up to date and worked out perfect. The room had big windows with lightproof curtains. When you leave the room, the electrical curtains will automatically close. Air condition - thump up. The room also had a small table with 2 chairs and a small minibar. The top roof bar is a great place to try drinks and enjoy sun and view over city. They play quite good music there and the sofa is super. In the pub by the lobby it’s also possible to enjoy food and drink. We were in this hotel while WM football was and were able to eat and watch the game on the same time. The food was also very good. The hotel is situated in the city Center and you will find everything close to hotel. Short spoken: this hotel is having a high standard and pro people who is ready to serve you. Enjoy all of it!

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Would not return here !!
    • Standard Twin Room

No balconies make the rooms very claustrophobic . The pool area is tiny and so noisy - people pay to get in to use for the day - very pretentious and the area the hotel is situated in is disgusting.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

The stay was very relaxing.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Staff is very friendly, hotel is very clean, and the infinity pool was amazing. Breakfast was very good and had variety of items. I would highly recommend such property.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

From the welcome to the faculties this hotel is amazing!
    • Standard Twin Room

From the welcome to the faculties this hotel is amazing! The bed is comfortable the room the was bathrooms clean and tidy. And the ceiling mirror was perfect haha The pool area was awesome. Great service. The staff always happy to chat and welcoming. Breakfast delicious. Lots of people complain about the noise. We had a room on the 3rd floor with a view of the strip and found the noise was fine. I would also like to send my condolences to the family and staff of Hugo’s as we stayed the day of his funeral. Thank you for still being such great professional hosts on such a sad time. Cannot wait to come back and stay again.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Roof top pool, location,’cleanliness, boutique feel and...
    • Standard Twin Room

Part of outside being renovated and pool closes at 6pm. Clubs can get noisy early in the morning this did not bother me as stayed here for that reason and heavy sleeper.

Roof top pool, location,’cleanliness, boutique feel and declarations. Located above all the clubs and restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Excellent and exceeded our expectations especially the service
    • Double Room with Balcony

The location is virtually on the strip! so a bit noisy late at night

The quality of the rooms / public area, The roof top pool and bar and the service

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Would definitely come back to Hugo’s boutique the hotel is unbelievable an the staff cannot do enuf

Everything was perfect

Food was amazing and the staff was unbelievably friendly 😍 the cocktails are yum!! And the interior of the hotel is outstanding!! 5star hotel !

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Incredible stay!! Great value for money!
    • Standard Twin Room

This place is spectacular! Rooms are modern excellent air conditioning. The rooftop pool and bar/restaurant is fantastic everything you need to relax and enjoy your holiday without moving

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Exceeded expectations, great staff and generally a really great 3 night break. Would recommend
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms were a great size and the beds amazingly comfy. The location is right in the thick of the nightlife but you could not hear a thing outside and we were on the second floor. Really good experience and would love to come back again

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

The room design and cleanliness, the infinity pool and...
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Close to the nightlife strip but this didn't bother us too much. Not a lot of vegetarian options at the breakfast.

The room design and cleanliness, the infinity pool and choice of drinks and the friendliness of staff. The pool was the real highlight.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Excellent - would definitely like to return!
    • Double Room with Balcony

Tea and coffee in the room were very limited (2 per day of each) and tea was only green tea / infusions. No black tea and no milk. At that price, almost all similar locations offer more. Other than that, everything was perfect although the a/c was a bit mischievous :)

The breakfast was really good, the staff friendly, the room great and comfortable and the infinity pool ... well ... it's almost worth living in!

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

This property was amazing, friendly and welcoming staff who...
    • Standard Twin Room

I liked everything, no faults.

This property was amazing, friendly and welcoming staff who ensure all your needs are met. The hotel was clean and has the accessibility to all your needs, shops, nightlife, beach and food all in walking distance. Great for a girls holiday or a vacation with your partner.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

This is not a business hotel, but don't know how would anyone want to stay there on holiday.
    • Double Room with Balcony

The location is dreadful!!! The noise from the nightclubs in the area and the drunken crowd is absolutely unbearable, couldn't sleep at all. And even two thick glass windows were not able to prevent the noise. Truly horrible! The receptionist didn't seem to speak a very good English or at least acted this way when we spoke. Early morning waiting for my airport taxi in reception, right in front of hotel a drunken man was pissing on the wall in the middle of the street - horrible!

Breakfast was good and the room was nice although the sink in the bathroom didn't drain properly. Took awhile.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

The staff were amazing - could not do enough for you.
    • Standard Twin Room

I know this can’t be helped but the hotel is so close the main strip - it’s rather noisy late at night. Don’t let it put you off though. Take ear plugs!

The staff were amazing - could not do enough for you. We were looked after first class. The rooms are magnificent, clean and modern. The Roof top bar and pool is great.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Fantastic stay

Nothing to say

Very beautiful hotel in a central position. We had a suite and it was absolutely great, awesome bed and huge jacuzzi. Terrace is beautiful and has a fantastic view. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Chills
    • Double Room with Balcony

The only thing I found a little annoying was the amount of light coming from the control panels when I was trying to sleep. I prefer complete darkness so they were a little annoying. Also we were unable to use the coffee machine. We followed the instructions but without the desired result.

The bed!!!!!!! The double doors were a great help with the noise from the clubs! The bathroom was devine! The general vibe of the hotel was super relaxed and plush! The mirror above the bed was hilarious

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Unfortunately not worth the money. Should have better stayed at another awesome hotel in that area
    • Standard Twin Room

- Very loud at night - Service is only okay. Asked about trips in Malta but didn't get much information - Breakfast is not as described - Provided pictures better than the real rooms, pool area etc. - Cleaning service not sufficient. Stayed for 5 nights and rooms were only cleaned badly

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Superb stay - would definitely return and recommend to others
    • Standard Twin Room

Very noisy throughout the night - take earplugs!

The hotel is very cosmopolitan with some very modern/quirky decoration that really sets it aside from other hotels in the area. Without exception, all the staff were fantastic! They couldn't do enough for us. There is quite a lots of building work going on as part of extensive expansion of the hotel however this is made clear and certainly didn't impact upon our stay. One thing that perhaps needs to be made more explicit is that the hotel is right in the heart of St. Julian's clubs /bars district which means that it is very noisy throughout the night. This is not a problem if you're prepared for it and indeed are actually in those bars and clubs - just take your earplugs and you'll be just fine. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

A very enjoyable introduction to Malta.
    • Standard Twin Room

The coffee machine broke half way through our holiday, reported Wednesday morning, reported Thursday morning, the maintenance had looked at the problem but it still did not work by the time we checked out on the Saturday. What was needed was a replacement but nobody appeared to have the authority to do this. So we were deprived of a very basic part of the facilities. This was our only complaint.

The room was comfortable and well appointed. The staff were polite, welcoming, efficient, helpful and appeared to enjoy their jobs. Location was good for the site and amenities and not far from public transport access, which was excellent. All of the Hugo's establishments offered a good proposition for choice, quality and value.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Comfortable. Staff very pleasant.
    • Double Room with Balcony

The area was really terrible, grimy, unpleasant, noisy...... full of young people drinking, clubs, pumping music..... going through to early hours of the Morning all around the hotel. Bedroom windows and doors double glazed to keep sound out which iseffective. The sound through the glass was definitely dulled. Once in the hotel we felt comfortable as it is of a high standard. The bathroom was not private from the bedroom, had sliding glasses door with a pattern to try and give privacy. We were two women friends and found it a little confronting... ok for couples.

The staff were all extremely pleasant, the size of the room was great, the pool area was fabulous, the breakfasts was good.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

comfortable, funky hotel with a great pool and roof top lounge
    • Double Room with Balcony

Room was well equipped and USB ports are a nice touch. Big and clean bathroom. Only gripe was the noise from outside. It's right in the heart of the entertainment district so it's very lively. But if you like that vibe, then go for it. The rooftop pool and lounge is great, with fantastic view over St Georges Bay. Also it's nice to have breakfast served until 11:00 everyday and the filter coffee included with breakfast is really good, not the watered down swill in lots of other hotels.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Truly wonderful
    • Standard Twin Room

The only thing was that it was quite noisy with building work etc but I wouldn’t say that’s a negative as such because you can see they’re obviously expanding to make the hotel even better! Also, we didn’t mind because we like to go out at night but if you don’t want to do that then this hotel might not be for you as it’s right in the party central.

I absolutely loved this hotel, and what made it even better was that each staff member was so lovely and friendly. I would go back to Malta, just for the sake of the hotel. It was exactly what I needed in terms of relaxation and comfort. We didn’t leave the hotel apart from in the evenings as we had everything we needed there. They also had the best strawberry mojitos by the pool :) Sad to be back!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Excellent service and a beautiful hotel with a great infinity pool overlooking the beach.
    • Standard Twin Room

A bit if noise whilst building work is being carried out but is expected whilst the area is redeveloped.

The service all around the hotel was second to none and the food was exceptional.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Great hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Can be very noisy due to being in heart of paceville. Clubs open until 4/5am every night. Therefore if you are not keen on nightlife wouldn’t be a good location.

Excellent hotel, staff were all great & nothing was too much trouble. The bar was very good with fab cocktails. Rooftop pool was lovely. Room was clean & spacious. Would love to go back again.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Very nice hotel
    • Double Room with Balcony

The room could have used a small fridge (there was one but it was filled with the hotel's drinks). The TV also had some channels that weren't working and the receptionist said they knew about it. The staff, although they tried to help, apparently have no training with regards to the hotel's tech as they had no idea how to solve a problem with the TV. They said no technician is on-site on Sundays, but eventually someone came and fixed it.

Great hotel for couples. The decorations are really tasteful and nice plus everything is very professional. The breakfast was really good, the bed was really comfortable, and the room was very high-tech. The staff was also very polite and helpful. There was a lot of noise outside but none of it could be heard once the windows were closed.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Great stay in the heart of St Julian’s
    • Standard Twin Room

We loved the hotel but the only thing I could pick on is that at night the music from the clubs is very loud and we could hear it from our room which sometimes made it hard to sleep!

We loved everything about this hotel - location was great, staff were great, room was amazing and bed was so comfortable!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Very nice design hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very nice design hotel. New and well functioning. We were really amazed that located in the middle of nightlife area the rooms are very quiet thanks to the double windows. Very comfortable bed. Certainly will return to the same hotel when visiting Malta next time. They are renovating next building and this should be ready by September :)

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

If the area was better this hotel overall would be perfect!
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is in a very loud and busy area. Literally surrounded by clubs. Loud Music/bass doesn't stop until 4am

Rooftop pool and bar very nice, staff very friendly, very modern. Good breakfast

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Amazing pool & the restaurant food!
    • Standard Twin Room

The location is in the middle of Malta’s busiest bar & club street. We had to get eat plugs, music went on until 5am. If your there to party great but hard to relax at night with the noise. It didn’t ruin the holiday but I’d rather stay further out if I went back to relax.

Amazing pool & the restaurant food!

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Break away
    • Double Room with Balcony

It’s all good if you are young then location is great, but not great for people who don’t want to party all night as noisy But food room staff amazing

Staff were amazing

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Awesome
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise from the clubs around - wasn’t terrible in my opinion but just wished it could be better.

The room was spacious and beds were comfty. Staff were nice especially during breakfast where we had special food requests (eggs) and they were very lovely about it.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

The room
    • Standard Twin Room

Every day with something private near the pool area !! We only enjoyed the pool area for 5 minutes and we were asked to leave because something private was about to start !!!

The room

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Fun , adult only boutique hotel with great pool area and cocktails
    • Standard Twin Room

It didn’t bother me , but the noise could be an issue if you find it difficult to get to sleep or are a light sleeper .

Gorgeous pool area but be aware of the overhead cranes . Lovely rooms , great breakfasts with lovely crispy bacon and yoghurt smoothie drinks .

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Had a quality time here.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom did not have any exhaust so it is not a huge deal but i felt that if it had been there, everything would be beyond perfect

The room was spacious with the cozy bed. It was nice and clean. Loved the interior of the room specially the ceiling mirror. Enjoyed staying here. We absolutely loved the breakfast as it had more fresh fruits than vegetables. Amazing service and quality food. The staff was so cooperative. They let us check in 3 hours earlier as we arrived the hotel early.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Could have been better.
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower leaks the water outside. The hotel had a private party that occupied the pool area all day. We were not notified of this beforehand (found a letter later that day in our room!). Considering we mainly booked the hotel for 2 nights to enjoy the pool/sun for one afternoon, we are very disappointed!

Lovely hotel and lovely staff. pretty cool room controls.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Totally wonderful and far too short a visit.
    • Double Room with Balcony

One of my favourite hotels to stay in. A 5* experience. Rooms are big and beautiful and loved the fact you dont have to rush checkout on departure day as it can be up till 2pm. Loved the adult only experience. Amazing and efficent staff in all departments. Absolutely loved the roof top pool. Hugo has it all catered for. A must hotel to visit and cant wait till we return again. Fabulous X

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Beautiful hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

There is a lot of construction going on in Malta and there was a crane that was right overhead at the pool. This made it really difficult to relax with huge concrete blocks right above your head. It would have been without faults if it weren't for this. The hotel is right at the bottom of the strip of shisha bars and gentlemen clubs, if that doesn't bother you to walk through every night then you will not have a problem staying here at all. It is very busy every night outside the hotel but we did not find it hard to sleep and did not hear the noise once we were inside.

The room was lovely, the bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning was good (once we figured out how to work it) The pool area was open and it was absolutely great! The lady who worked at the pool bar was so friendly and hospitable. The drinks were excellent and the breakfast was great as well.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Hotel decor was amazing.
    • Standard Twin Room

Although location was good it was above a very lively and noisy nightlife street. Showing my age but I was glad our room was on the 6th floor as you could hear it, we slept ok but something to be aware of if on a lower floor. Swimming pool wasn’t open which we didn’t realise until we got the confirmation email through after we had paid. Could have been a bit more clearly displayed.

Hotel decor was amazing. Great room, nice and big and very comfortable. Electronic curtains and lights controlled from panels and tablet. Staff very friendly. Close to beach and short walk to St Julian’s Bay.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Bed, breakfast, decor, room size, late breakfast
    • Standard Twin Room

Pool seasonal which is stated in the info but would have been nice if open as warm enough Is in a party area

Bed, breakfast, decor, room size, late breakfast

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The room was really nice.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

I know they can’t control the location, but that’s the biggest issue. The area is very noisy and you can hear all of the partying that goes on. Also, the wifi doesn’t work well I’m the evening. I’m not sure why.

The room was really nice. It looked exactly the same as the pictures. Everything is high tech and fancy. The staff were very helpful and amazing. Also, Hugo owns a lot of restaurants in the area which is great.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Relaxing couple of days right in the middle of Malta's busiest nightlife zone.
    • Standard Twin Room

On the only sunny day the pool area was closed for a private function.

Staff all very helpful and professional. Breakfast was superb, with a good variety and everything fresh. Bed was extra comfy too.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

The room was nice and bright.
    • Double Room with Balcony

The location is very noisy. I was on the 5th floor but could hear the noise from the street. The room was supposed to have sea view but you could only see the sea between the buildings. There was no privacy on the balcony and I could see a building under construction just next to the balcony. I had to wait half an hour for a taxi on the day I checked out.

The room was nice and bright. The breakfast was good and varied. A small supermarket is opposite the hotel, very convenient. The decor was very modern.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Lovely stay, would highly recommend.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Not so much that I didn’t like but the Hotel is located near bars and clubs so it can get noisy in the evenings. But having said that we still slept well on the comfortable bed.

Brilliant room and hotel, with the room controlled by electronic Tablet. Staff were really friendly and even upgraded us for one night so we could avoid the noise from the street. Very fancy hotel. Highly recommended. Breakfast was also of a very high standard.

We Price Match