Reviews of InterContinental Malta 5 stars

St George's Bay, STJ 3310 St Julian's, Malta

#16 of 33 hotels in St Julian's

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Pool bar and beach were both closed for a day each during our stay due to external events. Apparently these advertised however we did not see these notices.

Really lovely hotel. Rooms were cleaned at a very high standard. We were very well looked after with our small baby.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Infinity pool in top floor very expensive so disappointing that could experience

Very enjoyable stay for 9 nights in may / June staff very courteous and very pleasant and helpful . Rooms spacious and sheets changed daily 😊 great location and very easy to see more of Malta

• Deluxe Triple Room

Real problems with house keeping. First day staff arrived to make up the room at 5 pm. Next day they forgot about us at all. Hotel is really old. You can feel smell.

Breakfast is good. Fitness club in the same building is excellent.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The furniture in the room where we were staying was old and broken. The balcony had plastic chairs which were by no means 5 stars. The hotel is 5-star only outdoor and because the staff.

The staff was very proffesional and nice.

• Deluxe Triple Room

It would be nice if there was a bit more variety on the breakfast menu.

I really enjoyed my stay with the hotel, the staff were friendly and welcoming and I was very refreshed and relaxed after a very enjoyable stay at the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Everything was perfect. Excellent location, close to the hotel's private beach, nice breakfast, large and comfortable room. The stuff was very very helpful and pleasant.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

For a five star hotel I expected that I would find at least a kettle and coffee.

I liked the room,the beds were very comfy and I liked also the location.

• Deluxe Triple Room

More attention to detail from Staff

We were very impressed by the hotel, the location, the facilities, pretty much everything! 100% recommend, it honestly is worth the money

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Overrated for a 5 star hotel and staff didn't do a thorough job cleaning the room. While we were in a renovated room, there was a musty smell and issues with the shower.

The concierge made great recommendations on tours and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Although the private beach is nice, the people will share the public toilets where the male and female signs are not clear and the doors do not lock! Its disappointing for 5 stars hotel, which made me stick to the pool most of the time. We ordered breakfast to the room, the quality of the continental breakfast was very poor and tasteless. Never done it again!

Elena from the reception was very helpful and upgraded us to the suites floor and she serves with a great smile Very pleasant stay Amazing rooftop infinity pool with excellent service and staff Room service was excellent and speedy during our stay

• InterContinental Club Room

Hotel is located next to Pachevil street, which is full with a lot of bars, clubs and strip bar and the noise from there was very bad all night.

The room was nice and all hotel facilities were very good. Every night they give you sweet for good night and stuff was very kind.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The property was worn. The room / bathroom was was not clean and overall worn out. The photos from the site must be 10 years old.

The location is in the heart of the St Julian party district 15 min taxi from the historic district of Valletta.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The room was big with a really comfortable bed, rooftop pool and indoor pool and spa, casino, and an excellent restaurant. We were on honeymoon and there was a bottle of champagne, desserts and a card waiting for us in the room when we arrived.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The cleaning staff were very friendly and were accommodating when we had a do not disturb. They came back to see if we needed anything. The staff overall were pleasant and made they stay easy.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

In need of Renovation in parts of the hotel. Worn carpets and old cupboards. Balconies need painting. Bathrooms also in need of repair.

Facilities, beach resort , restaurants, location and staff

• Deluxe Triple Room

There was nothing that I didn't like, I liked everything that the hotel had to offer

The bed was very comfortable & the room was beautiful, the balcony was fantastic & the view was exquisite

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Almost no hot water. No matter how much we complain, they said they'll fix it but no one came. There was no kettle in the room. We asked for 2 days and about six times until they finally bring us one. The view from the room is straight into the other rooms, with balcony been side to side where you can see absolut everything.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The constant noise from surrounding construction, hotel is aged, location in the middle of bars

The pool area, the generous size of room, the Paranga restaurant

• Panoramic Suite

I checked in on the executive floor and had booked a suite. not at the rack rate but still a suite. check in was fine . but none took me up to my suite, to show me around and explain how everything works. i think this should be done for every guest on the EF and particularly women travelling on their own. breakfast was not up to standard. my salad in a glass was going off and so was the fruit salad. there was no real service around. the suite itself was large with a great balcony bathroom beautiful having been a hotelier in the top hotels in the world I am fussy and would like to see the normal Intercon standards. Start by looking at your hotel in Hong Kong and learn everything you can from them. suitcases and laundry should never be in a guest elevator always at the back of house. however I did enjoy my stay and the staff were the key to that.

the staff were friendly and willing to help. my housekeeper left me a lovely hand written note with some extra tea bags and a plate of beautiful biscuits. very thoughtful and a nice suprise.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Initial room allocated was tired and in need of refurbishment,especially the bathroom,after complaining we were immediately moved to a recently refurbished room.

Very good breakfast, helpful staff a good facilities

• Double or Twin Room with Pool View

When we made the booking online it specifically stated that there were 3 beds in the room. I had also included this in my note to the hotel prior to me arriving with my two friends. When we arrived we were told the rooms only had two beds and that we would need to share. Not much was done to resolve this and given that we wanted to rather enjoy the sun than sit at reception complaining we left it. It was very disappointing. This booking error was either a mistake on booking.com's side or intercontinental's but regardless of that little was done to resolve it. On the plus side, Malta is a fantastic holiday destination and the hotel's location was ideal for those wanting to party as well as relax on the private beach.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Our floor was painting and the paint odor was intense. We call the reception and they changed the room.

We were two with two beds (big and confortable) The gym and spa were amazings Very good breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Not that clean on landing areas and very noise, constant drilling from building work. Also take retainer when there, slow to return, bath needed replacing, rusty in places,

Nice pool area but slow service on ordering drinks

• Deluxe Triple Room

Felt staff where discussing (laughing, staring at us) a situation me and a family member where in, making it uncomfortable and slightly embarrassing for us. A situation that was out of our hands

The facilities where amazing

• InterContinental Club Room

The paint of the bed board was all cracked and it was coming off aswell.

The staff are very nice, the club lounge is very comfortable. The breakfast is delicious. The hotel is kept very clean and treated very very well by the syaff throughout our stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The pillows are terrible and so soft that I had neck pain every morning, the site photos feature only new rooms and half of the hotel is very outdated..

The pool is cool and the lobby is very modern and clean. Half of the hotel is modern with more updated rooms we unfortunately got the more outdated one

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I liked everything though this hotel was expensive for me. But did not regret the choice. We wanted good, we got very good!

There was 2 big bed for us (2 persons), the best hotel beds I have ever slept! Very nice room and balcony. On the balcony were comfortable chairs. Staff of the hotel are caring, helpful, attentive! Hot water indoor swimming pool! After checking out, it was possible to stay in the hotel's area and use towels and pools! Wonderful!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

- Original room we've received was by no means meeting any expectations we could have from a 5 star hotel - was old, with cracks on the walls, paint peeling off from, mold in the bathroom. And ants. We had to pay a supplement to change the room to the deluxe one. - Beach is almost a literal dump at the end of a long and narrow bay. - Entire neighborhood is a construction site - loud, with cranes everywhere. - This part of St. Julian is a shadow of it's former self (judging by the abandoned buildings from the previous decades). - Hotel is located in the middle of a loud and obnoxious party area. - Indoor pool on the 5th level felt like a sauna - water was quite hot and thus not really refreshing. - While the staff at the reception desk were kind and helpful, I had a quite uncomfortable situation where during breakfast we were not on the list - twice! Had to remind the reception desk about it, and yet got charged for one of the breakfasts. All in all, absolutely NOT worth the money. Anything below 10th floor feels more like a 3-star hotel.

- Deluxe Suite is a small apartment, adequate and quite comfortable. - Tasty breakfasts (though rather generic). - Helpful and kind staff. - Bus stop right around the corner - one where there's actually a nice chance to be able to enter the bus and enjoy the apparently iconic "move back please" from the driver while inside.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The surroundings with all the clubs for men and all the pubs and bars with drunk people was not a nice experience.

Breakfast, the room with very comfortable beds and the poolarea was amazing. The food for dinner was fantastic and the staff was very friendly.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Overall the hotel was a bit run down in my opinion. Old carpet in the halls, old furniture (especially the desk) in the room. Room/balcony was not very clean, they hardly ever vacuum the carpet bit. We moved one bed towards the wall, you don't want to see what was underneath. Though the hotel can't help it, the area around the hotel is one big ugly building site with noise, cranes etc.

Lovely swimming pools and gym with good towel service. Delicious breakfast! Quiet rooms even though in the middle of a busy street with cafes, clubs etc.

• Deluxe Triple Room

I was forced to provide a deposit on checking in. I paid for the whole stay also when I checked in. However, despite the amount for the stay coming out of my bank account immediately, I am still waiting for my deposit to be returned.

The cleaning staff were friendly, as were the majority of staff in the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I think the section I was in was the older part of the hotel. It was dated and the hallway to the rooms was carpeted that was vacuumed only once during my week long stay. I observed several objects that should have been picked up before they were. The room I was in had a patio door that had a busted lock. The door led out to a restaurant and walkway, with a little nudge here and there anyone could have entered the room. Also, there was no 'safety lock' on the main door, it appeared to have been broken off with force at some point in the past. The management should take a look at this and have a proper maintenance program to fix this type of security issues.

The location of the hotel is excellent with the staff being very friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean and made up on time.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Room a bit dated. Matress was too soft we slept bad the first night, hotel helped by installing something hard under it and it kind of worked, we slept better. By mistake we got a room just under the renovation works... but reception did everything they could to find solutions that were satisfying for us, special thanks to Daniel. Complimentary water only 2 small bottles per day per room, it should be more in my opinion.

Excellent breakfast with a lot of choice! Spacious and clean rooms, a bit dated but good overall feeling (they are working on renovating rooms) Facilities: fitness, spa, beach, swimming pool, restaurants... it has everything The staff: all of them super dedicated and friendly, from waiters at breakfast/bars/restaurants to house keeping to reception. We had different problems with the room and they looked always for solutions with a smile!! The very best: Skybeach!! We had the chance to enjoy the rooftop swimmingpool for 2 days... next time we will just book a room with free access to it, for us totally worth it!

• Deluxe Triple Room

It is a very big hotel, almost 500 rooms - a lot of long corridors to walk... Your balcony is viewable for about 300 others. Breakfast was good but the same every morning.

The room was well-decorated and tidy, and we got a quiet room (no noise during the night despite the bar streets near-by). It was nice to have a balcony and the swimming pool was great!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The bedroom had a mouldy smell and the furniture and fittings are tired and need to be upgraded. It is a huge building and the pool is on the roof where it is loud due to construction within and around the area.

The price was fair and the Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We arrived late so the corridor carpet very dirty and smelly but this was rectified by the hotel

The bed was very comfy and the room clean, smelled fresh. Door sound proof - we enjoyed our stay.

• Family Room

The bathroom was a bit rusty.

Amazing staff and especially Alexey who prepared the letter and a toy for my 2 y.o. son. The toy is adorable and the letter was very sweet. Thank you!

• InterContinental Club Room

Only minor concern was lighting in the room was a little dark during the night (no ceiling lights) but rooms were beautifully furnished

Club Room facilities were great!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Can’t turn up the air conditioner and the room gets too hot at night, decorations were a bit dated, sometimes can get a bit too noisy, the queue for cooked breakfast station can be quite long, indoor pool can get quite cold at times, funny smell in the bathroom even after it has been cleaned by room service.

The bed and pillows were really comfy, breakfast was good, staff were friendly, polite and attentive, easy to find places to eat near the hotel.

• Deluxe Triple Room

They robbed us for our deposit on the room and told us we never gave them one in the first place yet the day we arrived the staff told us it was policy to take €120 for each room which dosnt even make sense in its self, the hotel was nice but on the basis of being robbed and ripped off I wouldn’t ever stay there again!

• Deluxe Triple Room

The photos are extremely misleading, the hotel is very dated and needs renovation. We had to move rooms, the first room had mold above the window, the furniture was broken and the mirror in bathroom was damaged. The room we were moved to had essentially just been painted, bathroom was still the same with damaged tiles and poor air con. There are major building works opposite so sitting by the pool was noisy. Really disappointing for what's meant to be a 5 start hotel, I'd give it a 3* in its current state, and that's being generous.

The staff were friendly polite and helpful. Water biscuit restaurant was really nice and the breakfast was good

• InterContinental Club Room

Shower water temp fluctuated at certain times during the day.

Executive lounge facilities very good. Staff including the manager Julian were very friendly and always willing to go that extra mile. A great team ensuring you enjoyed your stay.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The staff were unhelpful. When we got to our room it stunk of cigarettes and smoke, it took us 3 calls down to get someone to do anything to which someone was sent up with chemicals to get rid of the smell, which we didn’t not want to sleep with considering it was 11pm at night. After insisting on changing rooms we finally got taken to a new room. In the new room the shower was leaking and the shower itself would switch to boiling hot and freezing cold. Again, we let the hotel know and nothing was done to amend this. The second time we went to breakfast we then got told that our breakfast wasn’t included and we had to pay, despite already having it included in our pre paid room. Eventually they realised they were wrong. When checking out we had complained about all of the above and were told the manager would be in contact, obviously that was not the case.

The gym was huge and really well equipped

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

A kettle in the room with tea and coffee would be a nice addition.

Food was great. Location was perfect with a lot of places near to eat and drink. The staff were so friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The room was overlooking the street and it was very noisy if you want to leave the windows open. The balcony was small and had no privacy, you could see your neighbours on both sides. It was a city view so overlooking buildings.

The room was comfortable and spacious. The room service was very good and efficient.

• InterContinental Club Room

During our stay the hotel was bothered by noise from construction on the neighboring ground

We had booked the Club Room with access to the Executive Club Lounge on the 15th floor, which we found very comfortable with delicious delicacies and refreshments throughout the day. The lounge has a lovely southwest facing terrace.The breakfast same place was very delicious, like the staff were extremely welcoming, attentive and friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The view from our room. In front of a business hotel, so impossible to relax on the balcony

A lot of facilities in the hotel, pools indoor and outdoor, gym, wellness, beach, situation in the heart of the city. A lot of restaurants around

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

There was construction work in the hotel that started as early as 7.00am each morning. When we complained we were eventually provided with a new room on another floor however the construction work continued despite it being a holiday weekend. The noise rang throughout the hotel. Very unpleasant. I had expected better from intercontinental hotels.

The gym is excellent.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The room ( floor and towels) were dirty! The shower went from hot to cold. Also they texted the fire alarm and didn’t inform guest although they said it was a weekly text. When I suggested they at least let guests know it was happening, they said it was posted in the elevator.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Outside the hotel it is a building site and right beside it there is a strip of adult bars. It’s very built up. The hotel beach is not on site and a short walk from it. The bay is also quite built up and not scenic as last he hotels block the view..I wouldn’t stay with a family in high season but was nice for Easter as we went sightseeing.

Hotel was spacious and clean. Lovely indoors and outdoors pool with great gym..room was a good size for a couple but not as a family room for 3. It was of a five star standard..it was good value for the intercontinental group when we stayed. There is a small shopping mall opposite the hotel which is useful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Room would have been good if floors were not tiled (constant disturbance from guests above)!! Corridor carpet was a disgrace although told is was being changed.

Staff were fantastic. Breakfast excellent

• InterContinental Club Room

Upon check in, we were given a twin room while my booking was for deluxe club triple. I found that out when I entered the room. Reception personnel mislead us. I was not given club cards for the club floor nor access to it either. I had to figure that out next day on my own. Going down to the reception and asking for access to the club floor, yet to discover that I was given wrong room while charged the price for deluxe club triple. Simply ridiculous for Intercontinental service! Once the employes understood that I did discovered their mistakes they start running around to give me the correct room, since that's not my first time at the Intercontinental chain! However my week-end was already spolied even thou I was moved to the correct room the next evening. Not worth going those obstacles. Just book elsewhere!!!

Access to the beach and pool area. Helpful staff at the club floor (15) only!!!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Great breakfast and clean spacious rooms. My daughter loved the indoors pool and the service is amazing. They are very strict with late check up anf i felt they could accommodate us a little bit more. Nevertheless we had a good experience and i would recommended this hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The hotel is advertised as beach front but it isn't. It does indeed have a private patch of beach but this is right in the middle of town and very small so if you're looking for a proper beach holiday a different location would be better.

Staff were very friendly and polite, facilities really good especially the hotel hamam.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I was most impressed by the staff. In particular, the staff in the dining room. I wanted pink grapefruit juice, which was not part of the standard offer, but one very helpful member of the dining staff arranged for a glass of freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice and even went so far as to arrange for a further glass to be available on arrival at breakfast the next day. Brilliant service - going the extra mile!

• Deluxe Triple Room

None of the outdoor facilities at the hotel were available. The rooftop pool and terraces were closed, yet the photos on Booking.com showed many shots of the pool and the views from it! Very misleading!Even the hotel gardens were closed, with furniture stacked and garden untended, so even the internal balcony view was disappointing! Hotel is in a very seedy area surrounded by loud, cheap bars ,strip clubs, night clubs and fast food outlets. To top it all, we were disturbed by the ongoing building work that we hadn't been told about. The management did provide us with a lovely meal in the restaurant and wine and fruit in our room as way of recompense... a nice gesture.

Comfortable beds! Lovely breakfast. Pleasant staff. Bus stop nearby.

• Deluxe Triple Room

If not visiting the party and club scene, this hotel is pretty far away from anything else really, and the bus takes a long time. The view from our room was non existant, although given the "park view" we actually had a huge white wall right in front of the window and balcony. The "park" is just a few tables and plants in the bottom of this "pit". I was also a little frustrated that every evening the sauna was in a different condition. One day it was off, the other day it was room temperature. Maybe the staff needs to have some specific schedule for it.

This is a huge hotel with a nice pool, sauna and a steam room. The breakfast was pretty good. The staff at the lobby and the cleaning staff are also top level.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

A lot of construction work is going on around the hotel so make sure you'll receive a room towards the inner yard.

Even that the quality of food provided by room service slightly varies from day to day it was still exceeding our expectations.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

It's not St Julians, its Paceville. And that means you are in the centre of football pubs and red light clubs. Not ideal. Everything in the hotel is pretty much closed until April. Also not ideal. The shower is shocking. Beware.

Really friendly staff in all areas. Breakfast was very good. Room was pretty comfortable and clean.

• Deluxe Triple Room

the toilet and the faucet were so dirty. the hot water and the air conditioner wasnt working properly. you could choose a better place to stay with the same price..i wouldnt choose this one again..hopefully it was just for one night so we needed just a bed and pilows to sleep..

breakfast was nice

• Deluxe Triple Room

the shower was a low wall mounted detachable appliance. It was unable to be located at a higher level. This meant that you had to hand hold it for showering. Setting aside the inconvenience of this the bath surround leaked. So that any water sitting there went straight through to the floor and flooded the bathroom. When we told the staff they simply shrugged their shoulders and said all rooms have this arrangment. Unacceptable.

Dishonsity of front desk

I am a member of the but the i had is not good even though she told me we upgrad your un foruntly they upgrad it down word and i was surized and decided to stop staying at intercont. Because of dihonsity of worker at front desk sorry to say that but i have to say thruth.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The first room we had the cleanliness was not up to a 5 star standard ( Balcony dirty, bin dirty, furniture scratched! bath with hair, shower screen need a good scrub!Bathroom need a good cleaining (painting spots around and floor with graunting) Indoor Pool stairs and plastic around with mould!! tiles around with the water level mark! I forgot the room number of the 1st room, 2nd room was 1248

Breakfast was very good, Paranga Restaurant as always one of the top!

Crowded neighborhood

Pargana restaurent due to its location and food Staff is very helpful Decent Room amenities and terrace ( though the view on the lower floors is blocked due to other buildIngs)

• Deluxe Triple Room

Despite being a five-star rated facility, this hotel offers no complimentary parking. Indeed, it looks like it has no parking area whatsoever, relying instead on one (close by) operated by a separate company, which of course charges, even if one has been staying as a guest at the hotel.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Shower in rooms needs to be upgraded. Very old fashioned and hot water isn't continuous all the time. We were also promised a free bottle of wine if we applied for the loyalty card (which we did). However we never received the free wine as promised.

Food at wAterbiscuit was excellent however breakfast at the hotel needs some improvement . Staff are very nice, polite and friendly

• Deluxe Triple Room

The ac wasn't working on cold mode and I stayed up two hours trying to sleep and got very dehydrated.

The stay was very good. Brilliant breakfast. Pool very pleasant.

• Deluxe Triple Room

- nearby beach st georges was so dirty and ugly. we stayed 2 seconds and left - outdoor pool isn't heated so wasn't used by us as we went in January but i went to go see it and its not 5* levels - breakfast options was limited for a 5* hotel - would have liked hash browns/crepes etc - the hotel itself isn't that new and doesn't look very 5* - lift takes ages to come when its busy time - no hotel entertainment in january

- bed comfy - location is near all the restaurants but a bit of a chaotic area -indoor pool is so warm and looked after and towels available readily - free kids club - porter peter was very helpful - valet service for the car was excellent - crib used for my 2 year old was nice and comfy and clean - they give you free water bottles daily - they gave us a complimentary bag of baby toiletries which was nice

• Family Room

SPA center way below expected for 4 star hotel. Only 1 sauna operating but heating didn't work properly - should be either closed or repaired. Breakfast too basic for 4 star hotel Bed linen were in very poor condition and we need to ask for replacement.

Hotel staff, reception and especially concierge were great and helpful. Check-in, tips and car rental were flawless. Breakfast at Waterbiscuit restaurant and service was great (however, this was not included in the price)

• Family Room

The Spa was not at a 5 stars hotel: - steam bath did not work for the whole period of 7 days we stood there (we can understand a short period of brokage) - water in swimming pool seemed to be dirty: the kid got an eye infection the first day he used the pool Hotel needs renovation, painting etc

• Deluxe Triple Room

The staff were very friendly. My little girl's 1st birthday was a month away and we came back to the hotel room and found balloons, a 1st birthday card and a little present for her. Her cot was super cute and they even had a wash bag with toiletries for her on the cot bed. The food at breakfast was also really good.

• Deluxe Triple Room

for a 5 stars hotel is over rated ; the furniture is very old, the lobby is small and not cozy at all in bathroom all the installations are....almost broke. is a 3-4 stars hotel but for 5 is not a good choice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The staff were all very polite and extremely considerate. They went out of their way to ensure I had an excellent holiday in Malta! Also, the on-site Carisma Spa & Wellness has a fantastic anti-stress massage, which I would highly recommend!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The location - what a tawdry area. Touted in the travel guide as a sparkling gem, St Julian is actually grubby, with strip joints, rubbish everywhere and crass bars. The ‘beach’ is a seaweed-laden bucket and the ‘shopping’ nothing to write home about. The hotel did its best. Friendly staff who worked very hard over a very hectic new year. The only problem with the hotel was our room’s location - the balcony overlooked a very grubby back street. Double glass doors kept the New Year’s noise at bay but the room was seriously hot and air conditioning only working in heater mode for winter.

Staff were helpful, friendly and capable! Hotel was clean. Very good bathrooms.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

When we arrive rooms was smoking smell. I dd complain to the reception and they offered me another room but with not so good view. They have suggested to refresh the room with some spray which didn't last for very long. The smoke smell lasted couple of days.

Although I think the price was bit high, we did enjoy our stay at the hotel. Hotel has excellent breakfast, very good indoor swimming pool and good other facilities. Kids have enjoyed our stay and specially the pool .

Browse InterContinental Malta traveller photo gallery