Reviews of Hotel Kennedy Nova 4 stars

5.9

5.1

5.2

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I would rate this hotel at 10, simply because the staff were so welcoming and professional, willing to assist with any worries as I was ill for my stay. The ambience was a 4 star atmosphere as the clients were extremely respectful to each other with no noise externally or internally. I was very happy with my room, quiet, and peaceful. Loved the pictures of the boats and the green decor. The breakfast room was very spacious with tastes to meet every travellers expectations. It is a quaint hotel so please keep that in mind when booking. Would have no hesitation in staying here for a future visit. I was quite surprised at some of the reviews of this hotel and it gives me immense pleasure to clarify this lovely 4 star hotel at Gzira. Thank you sincerely for all your help and kindness towards me.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Hotel declared to be 4 stars, but it was worse then even 3 stars I knew in Malta. The photo on booking doesn't represent the rooms as they really are. It's long not refurbished with the holes in the wall hidden by the lamps and half mirror. Hotel is old Starting with old doors at the entrance with the stairs without luggage entrance. Old one slow elevator. Rooms don't have ANY soundproof, so getting the sea view you get also traffic sound and constant traffic light signals (when pedestrians allowed to cross), also huge gap under the doors to the room, so in will let in the light from the hall AND the sound of visitors waiting for elevator and elevator itself. Breakfast is poor. All things provided by normal hotel (as safety box, or pool towels) provided for fee ( for pool towels it's a deposit). Wifi in the room is for fee 10€ for 3 days BUT it had poor connection even though I paid the fee! By all means it's not a 4 stars.

The hotel situated at Sliema embankment with perfect view over the bay to Valetta (if you are lucky to get sea view) Bus stop is near by the hotel and entrance to Manoel Island with Royal Yacht Marina

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The airport transfer is just sending a taxi (25EUR). (a simple taxi is cheaper and the local public transport is also a better option ) No free Wi-Fi in the room, only in the lobby. The lamp in the elevator was broken. At arrival, I had to pay, but they made a mistake with the invoice and I had to wait 15 minutes at the check-out for nothing. I had to pay 7EUR deposit for swimming pool towel but is acceptable.

Good breakfast, but a little bit boring after 5 days. Very good location, easy access to Valetta.

Construction is all over Sliema, including the plot next to the hotel. Construction starts at 7 am and it is quite noisy- however there is nothing the hotell can do, just may be warn guests that rooms are exposed right next to the construction like ours was! In the end u get used to it because it really is everywhere and there is no escaping it! :)

Hotel staff was amazing! Everyone is extremely helpful and always smiling from the heart! The pool and terrace are to die for. The view is absolutely amazing!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

have to say, if it was not for the location I’ll give them 0 point... I wonder if the hotel manager even check the comments on booking...the receptionists are miserable...the room is very small (the photos are so unreal)...before the Easter the price was cheap but during the Easter it’s ridiculous... Why we stay there? because we were for the tennis tournament and it was the official hotel...BTW, we changed the hotel finally....

good location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet connection in the room was not included in the rate. There was no window outside! We should have bought the safe key.

Location was OK. Some of the crew was friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

it was dirty and the stuff very rude. Breakfast was poor and dinner not good at all. definately needs renovation!! We stayed for 15 days and they only changed our top sheet once even though we asked...the bathroom curtin was yellow from dirt and the blanket was old and never washed...The wifi was not free...students were coming all the time and there was alot of noise almost every day..

only the location

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was some problem with the shower handle, but it was possible to use it.

We had a sea view room and it was a very nice room with a beautiful view. The room was very clean, there was no dust at all, and I was very happy. The staff at the reception was very kind and friendly. It was sunny.

No wifi in the rooms, breakfast is the same every morning and can chooce only from 3 main dishes - omelette, sausage and beans.

Last night we had a perfect and totaly renovated room with all facilities (except wifi), location is very good.

Room was very cold, couldn’t provide heater because all was already given to guests, internet is working only in the lobby and terrace if you want a wifi in the room need to pay additionaly. Stuff was mean - when asked for room with heating one receptionist said that she can’t do anything as the heating is centralized and all rooms don’t have it (except one receptionist which later helped a lot and gave another room). Rooms are in bad condition.

The good location, and very nice terrace on the top floor.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the reception staff behaved very badly and spoke very badly when we asked for a solution to the heat problem. We had breakfast included and we were forced to pay breakfast. very ugly rooms did not deserve the 4 * status. dust all over and especially bathroom problems flowing water non stop.

nothing, old furniture, like 20 years ago. bad smell. very cold did not go the heat.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was very poor in this hotel, it claims 4 stars, but I would rate it for 1 or 0.. The worst hotel I’ve been to, we did not make it to the end of our stay and moved to another much better hotel for the same price per night. I arrived with a 6 months baby at midnight and discovered really freezing room, very old A/C did not heat, but cooled the room instead. My baby had cold hands & nose in the room - impossible to sleep like this. We also requested one big bed, because I cannot put a 6 months baby on single bed alone and they gave us 2 single beds instead (I had 2 more mommies with their small babies arriving with me & they also got cold rooms with 2 single beds). When we asked reception about big bed as we requested during booking, they said no rooms are available now. But when a guy from reception went up into my room & saw how freezing it was & confirmed that heating does not work, they changed my room to a “better” one with working heating & big bed (I thought they did not have rooms with big bed available?!...). The “better” room had working heating A/C, big bed & newer model of TV, that was the only difference. But it also was connected to another room with common corridor & in that corridor there was a huge round table that blocked the way for my stroller. I asked reception to take it away twice, but it still stood there for 2 days & I could not get to my room with the stroller, until I cought the housekeeper on spot & she took the table away for me. Reception staff is not pleasant, no any welcoming spirit, not friendly, inconsistent. I needed adapter for the outlet and I got it for free, but another person on reception next day asked 2,5 euro for it from my friend, so she paid. Breakfast - terrible, I could not eat anything there, no choice, no quality, the “restaurant” with old table clothes, unpleasant even to be there not only eat. I always wanted to eat breakfast out in a cafe.

Location is good, next to water, great view on Valetta, a lot of restaurants & cafes, good for shopping as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is classified as a dog friendly hotel. However the dog was not allowed to enter in the restaurant for the breakfast (which was part of the service provided - bed & breakfast) Suggestion: createn an area for people to have breakfast accompanied by their pet.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

rude and uninterested staff especially the barman yellow water coming out of taps, lumpy pillows, thin towels bath panel hanging off, shower curtain old and stained. Hot food in breakfast buffet lukewarm, plus lack of food after 9.30 when breakfast is until 10am. Complimentary drink was some sort of tasteless cola poured from a bottle with no label into a small glass! Plastic stirrers for tea and coffee. no teaspoons. The kettle in the room cost an extra 10 euros. Large groups of students running riot in the hotel until 4am, and staff not interested. We had little or no sleep.

Nothing, this was the worst hotel I have stayed i more a 1 star than a 4 star!

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room was dingy and dirty. The shower was held together with masking tape [see photo]; the toilet didn't flush unless the cistern was removed and then only after 3/4 attempts. Breakfast was only 'just'. I decided to use the dining room toilet but it was the same as the room. Didn't flush without continual tries, etc. The room had a sea view but was exceptionally noisy because the main road is between the hotel and the ocean. We had to pay 35 euros deposit for a safe key and one euro a day was deducted for use.. wifi was only free in the reception area [included the beautiful sofas] otherwise a daily fee was charged.

We were originally attracted to the property last time we were in Malta. We saw beautiful velvet sofas for guests in the window...but that reinforced the concept that you can't tell a book by it's cover.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This is a very poor hotel the room was with no window the bathroom was with a broken toilet and very small and out dated the room wastvery small for 2people it was more a single room we were charged for a kettle and 8 tea bags we were 2 ex war vetreens and could not even move around the room the staff were very rude and the owner was no better we had to move out after 6 days we were ment to stay for 16 days we had to pay 980 euro and they would not refund us any money they have no respect for themold people this hotel is never a 4 star this needs to be looked in to please do not recomend this hotel it is no good we then had to find another hotel to stay it ruined our holiday

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are in a really mess! This hotel do not have 4 stars. Maximum 2 stars, we booked a room with one double bed, we find 2 single beds, the water was browny,the bathtub was broke, everytime you try to take a shower all the bathroom was watered. The heating system was repaird after 2 days. From 7 in a morning is a terrible noise done by the room service staff. Really, it was the baddest hotel I ever found in Europe.

Only the location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The elevator was not working when we arrived. We had to use the service elevator somewhere near the back of the hotel and even that elevator only reached up to the 4th floor even though we were on the 6th. They only gave us two thin pillows and we had to request for 2 more. The room we got had no view or balcony whatsoever so we asked to be moved to a room with a balcony and sea view. They gave us the room we liked and we were happy about it but the staff thought I was alone so the room was set up for single occupancy, with beddings for one, pillows for one, towels for one. We requested a change with housekeeping and housekeeping informed us we should tell the receptionist, which we did. When we came back at the end of the day, no change was made though. It was the exact same set up - for single occupancy in a double room. It was our last night so we didn't bother anymore. We had an early morning flight and requested for a taxi pick up to bring us to the airport. The taxi service said they would come at 06:00. It arrived at 06:45. Which my husband did not appreciate because he could have slept more instead of waiting at the lobby. The hotel is in a bad shape generally. It was rainy when we arrived and there were towels on the floor in some hallways for what I think was for absorbing dripping water from the ceilings. There were cracks in the walls and peeling paint, as well as dust on the hallway lamps. The bath tub is almost falling apart. This hotel seriously needs some maintenance. Coffee and water are not available in the room. Room service only up to 11PM. Vending machines are available for other needs, like getting water, for expensive prices of course.

We arrived shortly after midnight and the evening receptionist was the nicest of all the receptionists in this hotel. The ones on duty during the day are actually terrible - they do not smile, they are not that helpful, they did not note our requests. We never got what we requested. Kudos to the night receptionist! We liked the roof deck with the swimming pool, bar, view of the bay, and the wifi. We did not use the swimming pool at all but the view deck was great for morning coffee and chilling out at night. It was also better to hang out at the roof deck than in the hotel lobby for the free wifi. Breakfast buffet has good variety of choices. And breakfast was generally a pleasant experience. Very convenient location though. Public transportation passes by right in front. Sightseeing tour buses pass by in front and there is even the pick up/drop off point right across the stress from the hotel. Nearby are some bars, pizzerias, souvenir shops, and convenience stores.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel faces onto a harbour and is a 15 min bus trip from Valletta. It is very clean and the room - while quite basic - was comfortable. The staff were very helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is outdated. Technical overall state of my room was bad and finish is worn out. In booked room water tap old and bad functioning. Plastic shower doors not functioning. Brown water in the toilet. Outdated slow Wi-Fi is only free at the reception desk. The WiFi in the rooms is not free, in my case slow and not connecting and a Bizz (VPN) Log in (in contradiction with what front desk promised) does not function or is only trying to connect. So finally you need to manage through a hotspot at your phone . The only way. Anyhow they charge you and do not refund after a claim. The employee at the reception desk is not cooperating to solve upon satisfaction of the guest! You were on the internet. So you need to pay. You need to have some luck with parking in crowded city centre. A lot of construction works going on. A Garbage truck was loading under my window, with a lot of noise, for nearly an hour in the middle of the night. Proper management and a total refurbishment of the hotel can solve a lot of these issues.

Location downtown is fine.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No free wifi in the room. According to my bank, hotel uses outdated and unsafe method of pre-authorisation of a credit card. Relatively small choice of food on breakfast

Room was quite large, equiped with kitchen utensil. There is a bar on the roof with a view on the bay

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I would like you know i lost my money last June 2017 when i booked Sliema Chalet Hotel almost €480 for 5 days if i remember right when i arrived and see the room its very small , very bad as in bad i did not even seat to the bed i went out of the hotel dont ever recommend that hotel i soend mobey for nothing. And this time you should refund the difference of my hotel at Patk Hotel to Hotel Kennedy Nova , you know the price because through Booking.com also almost €300 per day, i was so tired arrived to Malta inagine i cane from Manila and Park Hotel keep waiting for 3 hours then when i asked them what's going in with my room they said they fibf the booking despite i gave them a copy if my confirmation booking and i oay in advance , i want to be sure that it will not charge to my account that amount more € 900 or 930 € i have on my file snd please you csn check my booking to Hitel Krnnedy Nova you must oay the difference. Thank you

Croissant

• Studio

The air conditioning system was old and incredibly noisy and there was no way to control it or turn it off. Power supply of the equipment was not in the room so even taking the power off was not possible. Moreover, the jet of air was directed on the bed and we got it all night without any chance of avoiding it.

At reception desk persons helpful, kind and frendly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was 2 singles instead of double (I chose double through the booking. They mistook the number of adults sleeping though they corrected omce they checked the booking again. Chose a smoking room through booking.com but when arriving there was told hotel strictly prohibits smokimg except in one designated area. When asked why they allow the option to choose a smoking room, they had no answer and told us we might have a balcony in the room where we can smoke. Balcony was so tiny you couldn't fit 2 chairs if you wanted to open the door and go back inside.

Room was larger than expected

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Big double bed, air con all day and night, good size room and bathroom, rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels. I loved my stay and ended up adding 2 more nights :))

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I absolutely did not appreciate finding the door of my room left wide open by the cleaning staff, one day. I had all my staff and passports there and it is the first time it ever happened to me in a hotel. Fortunately, nothing dissapeared, but this shows lack of professionalism. The breakfast was low-quality, for the price I paid, I am sure they could offer something acceptable to eat.

Good hotel, perhaps a little bit expensive, for what they offered. I appreciated the friendly staff, the very clean room and the excellent position. The sea is in front of the hotel, very close to restaurants and shops, to the ferry boat to Valletta and to many buses which take you from Sliema to Valletta, Gozo ferry, Popeye Village etc. Quiet and nice stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Facilities in the room are outdated (shower, TV, etc.). Bed springs have seen a better days... needed to put extra blankets in between to be able to sleep. AC was either on or off, not possible to adjust. Breakfast choice of fruits and salads could be better than just a sliced carrots...

Great location in il_Gzira, right at triq ix-Xatt. Good bus connections to Valetta and to airport (with X2 line). Roof restaurant has excellent view and lobby facilities are good. Bonus: a kitchenette in the room with necessary utilities and a small balcony (inside yard; no views but relaxing at evening). The price was one of the lowest available at that season.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

WHAT EFFECTED ME THE MOST OF THE ROOM WAS THE BEDSIDE LIGHT. ONE OF THE BED SIDE LIGHTS DIDNT TURN ON AND WHEN IT WAS TOUCHED THE PERSON GOT AN ELECTRICAL SHOCKED. I NEED TO THANK GOD THAT THE PERSON IS STILL LIVING. I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE SHOWING THIS.As we entered the room if had a huge smell of cigarettes. The air-conditioning was louder then the construction outside and we couldn't turn it of since the remote was not the one or the unit. When I was booking it said free Wi-Fi. This is only located in the lobby and in the pool area and is very very slow. To have internet in your room you have to pay. THIS REVIEW WAA HARD FIR NE TO DO AS I'M A LOCAL AND I WANTED TO ENJOY A WEEKEND AT A 4 STAR HOTEL NOT A 4 STAR MOTEL. TAKE A LOOK AT GOOGLE REVIEWS ONLY 2.4 STARTS DON'T FALL LIKE I DID.

The idea of the room is perfect I really liked the layout. Having a small kitchenette was nice.Wouldn't mind living in a place like that for a year or two. The breakfast was nice except the table cloths a little dirty.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

air con throughout the hotel rooms were fine but corridors and reception area needed to be cooler

i liked everything about the hotel the staff were absolutely wonderful from cleaners to reception staff so friendly so helpful nothing was a bother

• Standard Double or Twin Room

price vs quality is not normal (I have paid 92 EUR per night, but fair price would be 35-40 EUR). Shower is placed on the high of 1,6 m, so if you are higher not comfortable, toilet worked not well. Room is very small with window to another room. Not free wifi available in the room. Not free safe is available. Breakfast is average.

very helpful and welcoming staff location is good for Sliema (for restaurants and yacht club, not far away from ferry to Valletta).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We had a great holiday but the hotel had little to do with that. There was construction work which started at 7am, we were not made aware of this until waking to it on the first morning. They finally allowed us to view two other rooms - one half the size, the other just above the one we stayed in. These were apparently the only other rooms available, when I asked later how much to upgrade to a sea view room and there was any available of course there was, except it was an extra 30eur for each night. The least they could have done considering the excessive noise and disruption was put us in a room away from the construction work. Some of the staff were unfriendly/unhelpful.

Hotel staff didn't provide any help to get the luggage out from the taxi or into the room. We had to do all this by ourselves. As a genius booking.com customer, I didn't get the greeting free drinks that I was told to have. No rugs to cover the tile flooring.

Breakfast menu

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Faulty air-coditioners required 3 room changes during the night but none worked resulting in a totally sleepless night. We asked for an extra couple of hours for checkout that was granted. No other compensation was offered- we requested a €14.00 compensation against a lunch bill but this was refused by the manager. Hotel badly needs to be refurbished, lift, rooms and bathrooms need a total face lift. Unfortunately I would not recommend this hotel.

Staff on duty were lovely despite a catalogue of disasters throughout the night.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

AC did not work TV did not work Both of these were in the room but not not functioning. I had booked this hotel to 2 guests on business and they had to go out and search for another hotel after one night. The room was very warm with the high temperatures that we have in Malta

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I found the price rather high for this premises. On top of that, extra charges for the in-room internet is sort of indecent for a 4-star hotel :-) Also, TV did not work, and centrally controlled air-conditioning was not handy. The towels were not changed every day. The view from my window was horrible (a wall 5m close), and it was somewhat noisy, both because of the air-conditioning and the neverending reconstruction work around.

The bed WAS extra comfy indeed :-) Location is nice, providing a view of the Valetta fortress and having lots of restaurants and shops around. The pool on the roof was just in place, and the breakfast was OK. The embankment is very nice, and the ferry boat dock to Valetta is 7 min walking to.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was a désastre . And they did not make any effort even with a smile.

It was awful, get away from this hotel , a tourist scam. It is o way a 4 stars hotel: its dirty, ridiculous and dangerous. The staff is not helpful at all, not even a Hello, you ask for anything they don't answer to you. The roll was awful and dangerous: air condition split dust when we open, hair dryer was burnt and was on and off by itself, the balcony is very dangerous: it s actually iron bars on wall and they put a board of wood on it, we did not dare to go on the balcony. This bacoly lead anyway to a small dark court (2 m large) and with 4 walls around. I forget my beach sleepers and my international plug converter in my room. I went there the day I check out , they didn't want to go back to the room and check and told me they haven't found anything. I kept picture for those who want to see them.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I didn't find this hotel value for money at all. The room and amenities in the room were standard but lesser than what I had expected considering the price. The air conditioner in the room did not work and it was hot and stuffy in the room if the balcony doors were closed. If the balcony doors were opened to make the temperature more comfortable then noise of the busy street below and a constantly beeping traffic light/pedestrian crossing exactly in front of the hotel made it impossible to sleep. Wifi in rooms is an additional charge and to be honest was a poor connection. I wouldn't stay here again.

The room size was good, perfect for a couple or single. Facilities available at the hotel were good but not exceptional such as the rooftop bar and pool. Buffet breakfast was also pretty standard the usual eggs/bacon/juice/coffee/bread/fruit etc. Location of this hotel is good if you are looking to stay close to where the ferry to Valetta and other boat tours leave from, also only a 10-15 minute walk to the shopping centre.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Ongoing renovation in the hotel building,they started to make noise before 8 am every morning..

Good location, easy to arrive to Valletta by ferry or by bus.

• Double or Twin Room with City View

THE NOISE On the web site it says that it has construction work IN THE PROXIMITY well it is NOT The construction work is right next door - or the other side of your bedroom wall - and it starts before 8 am on a Sunday and before 7,30 at all the other days of the week The staff refused to handle the problem and the management refused to give any sort of a discount - NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL

not a great deal

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the room that I have in first which didn't correspond to 4* hotel, then the reception have changed the room which was then better. The absence of Wifi connexion in rooms

Location & Property

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A very old building with poor basic amenities and problematic rooms. Air-conditioning is only making a lot of noise without any efficiency or quality of airflow. The locks on the doors are ridiculous and I am not sure they secure the rooms well as this was my main concern while staying at this place. There was a safe somewhere but I was not even provided the key to that (it was not using electronic locking technology) and it was also very small and I could barely place my tablet in there. A very poor basic breakfast buffet which I would call tasteless myself, certainly not worthy of a 4-star hotel in a touristic area of Malta. There are a lot more I could mention on this here as the cockroaches spotted at night in the room and the puzzling liquid-soap containers to which you can easily guess that contain exactly the same thing, but nevertheless are placed separately marked on the sink as soap, hair and body liquid containers.. ha! I would never use this liquid even for hand-wash. Just not inspired enough by this so called 4-star hotel.. sorry.

I liked that there was enough information points and buses leaving from approximately a 10 minute walk from the hotel towards all destinations on the island either on small cruises or on transportation and excursions around the island. I surely needed to have many choices on ways to escape from that hotel as it surely had no facilities that could make me interested to stay there for more than a night's sleep.. even that was very problematic as I have seen from other colleagues rooms as well, some rooms are so small they only fit a small sofa bed instead of a normal twin.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Worst hotel I have stayed at in years, for multiple reasons: 1. In the middle of a giant construction site, with new buildings rising all around the hotel. The cranes start knocking at 7 a.m., even on weekends. 2. Outdated fixtures in need of renovation. The shower barely worked. The airconditioning was outdated. A serious case of mould infected the windows. 3. You had to pay for wifi in the room. 4. Staff struggled to smile.

Nothing - well, the sheets were clean and there was a rooftop pool.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We were offered a welcome drink and found out when we got upstairs to the bar on the roof that it was water that we could of got out the tap. The air conditioner didn't work and others were complaining at the checkin desk. Breakfast was worse than that offered in Prison. Disgusting. The pool was next to a building site on the seventh floor. I looked at a lady who was unaware she had been covered by cement dust. Maybe she couldn't move. Overall it was a bit of a shambles.

The lift worked

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Quality of my evening meals could be improved, however my wife received first class meal service, she is gluten intolerant and the staff were extremely helpful in that area..

The usual teething problems with a room were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The staff were professional and friendly, creating a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner could have been a little cooler & internet reliability was variable

Good value hotel in a great location. All of the staff were exceptionally kind & helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I explicitly asked for a quiet room, as my last night I had to go to bed early due to a really early flight. They said I had one of the most quiet rooms, however my last night I discovered my room was next to a live music stage, and that there was a concert until 23:00. I asked them to solve this, as I wanted to go to sleep at 21:00, and I was told there was nothing to do. Not a real apology, not a change of room, not a reimbursement. This hotel will never see me or my friends again.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Nothing in the room worked, the breakfast was disgusting, everything was falling apart, building work going on next door, every time I went to reception there were people complaining about something. Put simply, despite looking ok from outside and on the website this hotel is a slum. Whoever owns it has no interest in their guests comfort, they simply want to spend as little as they can maintaining the hotel and nothing else matter. I just feel sorry for the staff.

The staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is definetly not 4 stars (which makes me wander who cheks this rating); the breakfast was not really interesting (only 1 type of tea, no fresh coffee - which is a bit silly in an area where people thrive on good coffee, the juices were without taste); the AC was old, weak and difficult to manage; the noise from the hall was easily heard from the room, the smell and noise from the kitchen were very easily felt in the room. An iron was available but it was not working. I probably could have went to check for a replacement but just decided against it because I was in a rush. All in all, I don't imagine going back again; at least not booking with breakfast included.

The staff was helpfull, the location was good, the bed was comfortable, the place was fairly clean but not to the level of being impressed

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff is unfriendly and unwilling to help. The rooms are very old, dirty and definitely not comfortable. There were bugs in my bathroom, and a disgusting smell. I don't really need to go on, just keep looking, this is not the hotel you'd like to book.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated in a ongoing constraction area which is starts from around 7AM and last till 7PM. During this time it is a permanent noise of heavy maschines and everything what comes with it. The staff (except an older gentleman) is not customer oriented at all. They seem to hate their job and you get the feeling that you bother them with your presence (considering the ongoing noise from construction I'm not surprised, it's impossible to stay friendly under such conditions). Be aware that everything cost extra money, the wifi, the international adapter... The gym is more of a storrage room and totally should not be clasified as a gym. Pool on the roof of the hotel was dirty (from the construction) however it was possible to sit around and enjoy the view. Overall, the hotel has seen better days!

The location and the roof terrace are the best things about the hotel. The view is very impressive so is the the location of the hotel as everything is in walking distance with plenty of public transporation possibilities. You are well connected with other parts of the island.

not at a 4stars level. Room old fashioned the bed was terrible, the window didn't close perfectly,; It is noisy (bad isolation from street noise and neighboughs). the curtains were miserable. not high quality food. staff not welcoming

the location at sea front

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Wifi service wasn't as expected and room was too small when considering it was a sea view. Room wasn't cleaned during our two nights at the hotel.

Location, breakfast & views from balcony

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Studio

The location is great - right on the strand near Sleima. The rooms are basic but warm. There's free wifi but only in the reception (you can buy access if you want it in your room). I'd definitely go there again for business or if I knew I wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Depending on which cook was on duty the food varied from adequate to good. There is a buffet style selection of food which is quite varied. However, you may do better to eat out on an evening to obtain a more appealing variety and better quality at the numerous eating establishments in the area.

The location of this hotel is excellent for easy transport connections. Furthermore, if you are fortunate to secure a sea view room you will not be disappointed. However, the rooms are a little small and if you are someone like myself, you might find the shower a bit of a squeeze.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness - the hotel room I had was OLD and the area around the bath was rotting and the place needed a complete overhaul. The water pressure was ridiculously low - I had to hold the button to keep the water running to make sure it could support the shower head. It was half cold most of the time. There was no heating in the bathroom. There was one lift only supporting 6 floors - it was old and I really thought it was going to stop dead several times The breakfast room was dingy, dark and like a school cafeteria. The food was soggy and the same boring selection every morning The staff in the breakfast were not interested in serving - only in clearing the tables - it was small, dark and pokey and everyone tripping over each other. It was a 2 star experience at best. The wi-fi is a joke - only available in the main reception areas - in a 4 star it should available free from everywhere. I didn't eat dinner or lunch there - mainly because I was out all day - but frankly I was not inspired to eat there - I could smell both breakfast and dinner in my room on the 6th floor - not an inviting aroma.

The location of the hotel was excellent. Walking distance to all the ferries, buses etc for the excursions and plenty of good bars and restaurants. The outside of the place looks high quality and you think you are going into a 4 star property .... however. The Receptionists were friendly and helpful and the housekeeping staff were friendly. Considering the age of the facilities the housekeepers did well to keep it clean looking. The room was warm - the heating was efficient in my room at least - a good thing because the nights were cold

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It's all a bit dated and in need of modernising especially in the rooms.

The location is good though parking can be a problem at peak times. Roof top pool and terrace with great view over the harbour.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

T.V. rather ancient and nothing in mini-bar, but at that price what do people expect!

Excellent value for money, very good breakfast included in price.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

some of the furniture was broken and the dining area was dated

a very good clean hotel the staff were helpful and polite great views from the roof terrace

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not much light in the room, during breakfast everything was immediately removed in case I went for something additional, hairdryer did not work.

Pool, location, spacious room, fridge.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We paid 80 euros a night.

Badly in need of refurbishment. I felt bad for the staff, cleaning a hotel that is truly past it's best.We did not find it up to Maltas usual standard.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

nothing likeable

this hotel is not 4 star out dated everything no free wifi everything u have to pay for only in reception lobby its wifi breakfast cold serive so bad no airconditioning stafff are liars scammm avoid this hotel dirty towels torn sheets and tv is of 1970s black n white keep going off even for safe u have to pay for

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked a Seaview room but we didn't get one. We requested a double bed but got two singles. TV broke down five times in nine nights. Request to replace it was ignored. No tea making facilities. Hotel and room very tired and in need of complete refurbishment. Many guests were complaining about their rooms so we overall probably had a lucky escape. Definitely not a four star, would struggle to justify a two star.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Equipment is a bit old for a four stars hotel. I didn't like breakfast in British style(very heavy,not included fresh vegetables etc).

We went to Malta for our honeymoon trip.We got a nice room with a nice view instead of the economy one as the gift from managment!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Please be aware, this is NOT a four star hotel, it's a two at best! The rooms we booked were not what we were given, but surprisingly they would be available if we paid an upgrade fee of another €60 each! The rooms we had were old as were the facilities within. No wifi in the room either unless you paid! Noisy as well due to unsupervised school kids running about the place. Bland breakfast also. There are plenty of hotels nearby, so unless you are not fussy don't stay here!

Location and little bar on rooftop!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

None of the salt cellars in the restaurant dispensed salt, one had to remove the lid and then some of the rice fell out with the salt.On the one occasion we had dinner the meal was not entirely as shown on the displayed menu e.g. the roast lamb was in fact lamb shanks (well cooked but not roast lamb) there was no cheese selection or tea and coffee as shown on menu. Many of the facilities shown as being available were but cost extra and this was not made clear in the advert e.g "safe box" in room was only supplied with a lock after paying a deposit and a daily charge. our room had a bath type shower which was difficult to climb into and was slippery when wet.

The roof bar and restaurant. Apart from comments about salt cellars the self-service breakfast had a good and broad selection of hot and cold food although the biscuits were soft before dunking them.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The part of the building where my room was located, was a bit tired and in need of some updating.

The location was very central and close to transport including buses and ferries. The room I had was towards the back of the hotel and was quiet, clean and of a good size

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not up to standard for a 4 stars, minibar empty, bathroom was of poor quality (shower head was old and inconvenient to use, hair dryer that was way too old and so slow to use, toilet seat was loose fitting), request double bed and we found 2 single bed pushed togheter

Customers service, pool, view from the rooftop and location

The bed pillows are unacceptable--old and clumpy--and the airconditioner extremely loud. The WiFi situation also unacceptable: both that we had to pay for it, in our rooms, and that it malfunctioned seriously in the lounge. Another issue was that we had to pay for everything (i.e. the room) upfront... Normally, one pays after the service has been rendered and completed. Thanks

The employees did their best to serve the clients well, courteously, and efficiently

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No free WiFi in the room Had to pay extra for WiFi in the room (I didn't) No facility for making tea or coffee TV was ancient and no sound even though sound was at max levels Free WiFi only available on the ground floor at the reception desk Free WiFi was of poor quality The hairdryer in my room was underpowered and old: couldn't even dry my hair The amount of limescale in the tub was disturbing to say the least The towels were always stained The air conditioning unit had seen better days Only one working two prong outlet This may have been a hotel worthy of 4 stars in the past but now that is no longer the case I am never going to stay here again and I definitely will not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

No free Wi-Fi at the room - only at the reception but again the signal was poor. The beds could have been more comfortable.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The locations is perfect on the waterfront.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There looks like last repair was at Kenedy time. There was 4 stars maybe 30 years ago. All old, dirty bed covers on the bed, old fashioned TV... Everything was just old, dirty and tatty.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

1 the internet is super slow, always disconection ,never worked over 10 mins, even for read news you need to wait for a long time, for high speed internet need to pay extra, and it s not cheap. 2 the things inside room are all old, our bacnoy is dirty , towels have some holes 3 the room is at backside, totally dark, no sunshine, and noisy from bathroom n the machine from air conditioner outside. 4 the safty box have to pay extra for use 5 fitness room is just a room 6 we r young couple there, give us 2 single beds, ??

the location is fine

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Air conditioning wasn't very good in the rooms and non existent in the reception area which made it uncomfortable to sit and talk for any length of time

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Finding the hotel was very difficult - there were no signs anywhere on the roads. The pool was quite small. The TV set was old. The price of the room certainly was much higher than the quality.

The staff members were kind. The hotel was located close to the sea (but not to any beach).

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The room I was assigned at check in did not have a proper bed, it was a pull out sofa (see photo 5/52). I couldn't believe there was no proper bed in the room. Further the "AC" was centrally controlled and it was very hot/humid in my room. After the first night, when a room opened up, they moved me into a room with a proper bed. The air was controlled by a remote in this room and moderately cooler than the first room. The staff though, sigh. When I checked in on a Thursday pm, the girl at check in, who was lovely, had no authority to do anything about my situation with lack of bed, etc. it was the next morning where I encountered the hotel manager Claudette. Never in my life have I encountered a hotel manager so unhelpful or unappreciative of my business. You'd think my complaint of not having a proper bed was unwarranted, for a "four star hotel".

Browse Hotel Kennedy Nova traveller photo gallery