Reviews of Preluna Hotel & Spa 4 stars

124 Tower Road, SLM 1605 Sliema, Malta

#22 of 31 hotels in Sliema

Excellent room and staff, facilities not always available
    • Executive Suite with Sea View

The mattress was very badly worn and saggy on one side (husbands side, thankfully not mine!!!) Mini golf not available (well to be fair, I didn't check with the reception staff, but when I went there and witnessed the mats all over the place and lifted, I assumed not) Towers lounge unavailable

Massive choice of hot and cold breakfast I booked a Executive Sea View Suite which was huge and very clean and spacious with a choice of two balcony's both with sea views The convenient bus stop opposite the hotel for touring the island Easy walking distance of a choice of restaurants and bars

disappointing stay as I have stayed there many times before and always had a good experience.
    • Suite with Sea View

We booked a family room. On check in there was no bed made up for the child and we checked into the hotel very late at night, almost midnight. The A/C was also not working well in part of the room. The duty manager did his best to be honest but it could have been much easier.

I split my stay - I could not leaves some luggage at...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

I split my stay - I could not leaves some luggage at hotel for just 3 day gap while a did a short hop away - inconvenient . I wanted to use hotel as base for trips area .

the location is great!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

old facility;the fire alarm always rings at midnight to wake you up for many times. the spacefloor is leaking water but they fix it very soon. the room service dinner is awful.

the location is great! highly recommend the sea view room with large balcony!friendly staff

Excellent Views and Great Location
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Food needs to improve and breakfast room is chaotic at times. Coffee is sometimes good sometimes not.... You can get a really good breakfast across the road as there are a few cafes close by.

This is an excellent location and good value for money. We had a sea view room with balcony. There is also a bar on the roof and drinks are cheap with a fabulous outlook. Bus at the door for site seeing or trips to Valetta.

Excellent and relaxing holiday.
    • Standard Twin Room

The communual area could be updated.

Clean, tidy and very welcoming staff (in particular John the Night Receptionist, who was extremely helpful) Excellent location.

Great accom, facilities, restaurants and stafg
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The shared bathroom inside main bedroom of 2 bed apartment and walking through other bedroom/lounge to get in and out. Good for kids but can be difficult for 2 couples.

Great accom, facilities, restaurants and stafg

Good, hotel and location let down by lack of attention to detail and poor service ethos
    • Executive Suite with Sea View

Asked Preluna to arrange for taxi to meet us at airport. No taxi. After finding our own taxi arrived at hotel to be told I had to pay for our whole booking, INCLUDING THE TAXI THAT DID NOT ARRIVE before we were allowed to have the key to our room!!!! Preluna Hotel app. - Problems- downloaded and paid for set of Valletta audio guides from app.- most of them had no sound- IT staff said it would be dealt with by Marketing Dept. and they would contact me. NO CONTACT!! - wrong info. about lunchtime opening hours for Sakura Restaurant. Wi-fi worked OK although I couldn’t FaceTime family, BUT there was nowhere in the hotel where I could connect to a printer, even to print boarding passes. I was told that the Business Centre, that does have a printer, “is not working”. Not good. Some staff were distinctly unhelpful and bar staff (probably overworked at the time) were not pleasant to deal with.

Executive suite was very spacious and well appointed. Choice of restaurants in hotel Some problems dealt with quickly Some staff were particularly helpful

This hotel is located near bus stops, restaurants and shops.
    • Single Room with Balcony

This hotel is located near bus stops, restaurants and shops. The room is extremely comfortable and the breakfast is ample. My only wish is that I could have gotten an ocean front room.

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Staff quite tired. Not even rude... just tired... they need vacation 😂😂😂

Hotel very old! But location is awesome. Clean room. Hotel very old need renovation.

I've seen better 2-star hotels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very uncomfortable to have an interconnecting door between your room and the adjacent one, considering that the offer states "soundproofing". You can hear people talking clearly. A great disappointment.

We liked the location and the staff was very kind and helpful.

Not a 4* worthy stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Before I start my rant, may I say, that maybe the experience was also worse because of the weather. Which, of course, no one can do anything about. But the moment I arrived in front of the hotel, I was disappointed. The hotel looks old and tired and is in dire need of renovation. We were placed on the ninth floor with a view to the houses, not the sea. The room was also very tired, and in my opinion, not so clean. There were no bathrobes or slippers in the room, which is bad considering it proclaims itself to be a SPA hotel and 4 stars. It was very far from 4 stars and didn't deserve to have the word ''SPA'' in front of it. Also, there was no body lotion in the bathroom and the shampoo and conditioner were 2in1 (which seems to be an odd thing to whine about, but again, because it is supposed to be a SPA, I would like to see these things in my room). Also, the rooms seemed quite empty. I knew before that about half of the hotel is renovated, so I thought that maybe we were out of luck and were placed in the unrenovated area. I was wrong, that was the renovated area, meaning the unrenovated looked even more crappy. The spa didn't deserve the name of a spa in my opinion. the jacuzzi was nice, but overall the pool was too small. The saunas were pretty good, though. The sunroof was closed so can't really say much about that. Because the weather was bad and windy, the ''beach club'' was also closed. They had a small jacuzzi on the roof, which only fitted like 3 people and was always full. The breakfast wasn't also suited for a 4* hotel. It wasn't necessarily bad, but there should've been more fresh fruit for example and maybe pancakes/waffles of something like that. Finally, the staff also wasn't the friendliest. They weren't rude, but during our check-in, the receptionist didn't explain where different facilites are etc.

It is a bit hard to find any major positive things about this hotel, but I guess the location was good in a way that there were many restaurants and cafes neaby, the ferries were nearby, by which we could get to Valletta easily.

Pleasant stay spoiled by check-in foul up.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

When we arrived, the room we were given was not the one booked. We booked Superior Sea view, what we were given was a shoe-box sized room looking out on a brick wall! It took my husband to call for the manager to rectify this after spending one night in the original room (they said that they could not give us the one we had booked due to 'technical' difficulties. It was only when my husband asked for the manager that the issue was resolved.) The room we finally were given was spacious, well furnished and precisely as we expected it to be. There was a small matter of trimming edges on the balcony which appeared to be missing - if you had small children this could be an issue. The bar staff, apart from two gentlemen, seemed unable to serve any drink apart from wine or beer. They seemed to have no idea how to prepare cocktails or even mixed drinks. The spa was dark and there was a deep puddle over most of the floor every time we used it (this seemed to be a problem with drainage rather than the pool itself.) The pool itself was warm (very!) and well maintained. The surroundings could have done with a bit of tlc. We also had to change room key four or five times as it decided to cease working for no discernable reason. Irritating when you return from a long day out.

The situation of the hotel. The manager was extremely efficient

Great location, nice hotel. Preluna saved our vacation!
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

My family left other accommodation because it was terrible. When I walked into Preluna off the street, baby in my arms, and asked for a room I was told there were none available. However I managed to book one online an hour later. If the receptionist had suggested booking online, and even sat me down with the wifi code, she would have saved me a few stressed out tears and visits to other hotels. Also the receptionist in the pool area put me off going there as she was very surly.

The seaview from our 8th storey room was fantastic. Our room was very comfortable and the hotel is inna great location for accesing public transport.

I enjoyed my stay in Malta. It's a great country, but maybe I'm biased because I was born there.
    • Standard Single Room

The fact that Breakfast want included in the price. I don't know many Hotels where Breakfast is not included. Also, it requires a good renovation. Felt a bit tired. On my Floor they had obviously painted the walls, but there was paint all over the carpets so looked a bit shabby. Also, I want terribly impressed by the fact that I had to pay up front for my whole stay before I had spent 1 night in the Hotel. I hardly know of any Hotels where one has to pay in advance their whole bill. A deposit maybe, but not the whole bill.

The location is excellent for either getting into Valletta or going in the opposite direction to St.Pauls Bay and St.Juliens Bay. Howver, trying to get on to Busses into Valletta was a nightmare.

Mainly very nice- would stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

One of the reception staff was quite unfriendly. But most of the others were very nice. VERY disappointing that the outside pool was filthy and not in use. Heads up - don’t advertise a pool if you aren’t going to be able produce one. The indoor pool was fine- but again the spa/ jacuzzi was not working!! These should owe a discount to patrons for these disappointments The bar man was surly

The hotel is convenient, safe area. Lovely access to beach bars and restaurants over the road. Convenient for taxis, and the lifts are quite good( didn’t have to wait long)housekeeper was very nice and didn’t bother us The room was very nice and clean and quite big

Enjoyed the stay
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Tried to book a spa. Only one member of staff . Took to the day before going home to get an appointment. We wanted spa at same time but couldn't have it.

Bed was comfy. Breakfast was good.

Brilliant friendly staff, enjoyable stay

I had the feeling the hotel was a bit expensive for what it was - but that is always difficult to say because it depends on the city or country and I don't have a local comparison. All I would say is I have stayed at better 3 star hotels than this 4 star, but I am only referring to décor and amenities which need a make over - the staff were the difference, turning "OK" to "Great" as far as the stay was concerned.

Room was very comfortable and clean. Bath/shower combo with plenty of hot water - I could shower after my wife bathed. Great value breakfast - good selection and tasty. The staff were exceptional - and I do mean exceptional - ALL of them were really helpful and friendly, from the housekeeper to the reception to the restaurants.

Can recommend this hotel
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Friendly and helpful staff. We tried the massages in the spa and the masseuse was excellent. We had both breakfast and dinners at the hotel and the buffet was varied and good. From the hotel it is easy to get to Valletta either with bus or the ferry.

Certainly doesn’t rate a 4*
    • Standard Twin Room

The whole place needed a complete renovation. Public areas not too bad but bedrooms dull and drab. Bedroom mattresses were quite hard; pillows very hard and lumpy. Painting of surrounds shoddily carried out.

Only had breakfast which was good. Plenty of choice.

One of the reception person is very unpolite.
    • Standard Twin Room

It is a very old hotel. Doors don't lock, everything is old and worn off.

One of the reception person is very unpolite. He is very agitated, always nervous.

It was OK but on the basis of money spent it was not worth it and will definitely not stay here agai
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Some staff especially at the reception were not very helpful on checking in The Triton breakfast place ran out of some essential food and had to wait long time to see them being refilled

Stayed at this hotel 10 years ago and since we had good time we booked here again due to its location and helpful staff but it was different this time

Slightly dated, functional hotel with a reasonably good mix of facilities.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not many windows in the hotel. We didn't have a balcony so felt very enclosed. Only outdoor space was the roof terrace or at night the sky lounge which was hard to find at first. Also mini-golf area which we didn't manage to go to. A bit old-fashioned. The shower was very old-fashioned.

Clean modern bedrooms with comfortable beds. Small indoor swimming pool,sauna and gym. Great outdoor roof terrace.

Good for basic needs
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Advertising of outdoor pool is false. We booked this hotel wanting to swim in an outdoor pool, however, it was not specified that this was not on site and it was only available during the summer season.

Just ok but I would not be going back to this hotel

As above

I don't expect a 4 star hotel to have flaky paint on the walls of the room, dark corridors with tatty carpets, which in some areas are loose from the skirting board, and non functioning air conditioning. After the first night, we asked to change room as we were given a really dark room in a corner of the second floor overlooking a wall. The swimming pool is not as nice as in the photos on the web. Staff, apart from one lady, are not particularly nice. Location is very good, next to ferry to Valletta (5 minutes walking), bus stops and taxi rank. the hotel overlooks the see and in the summer summer there is access to an outdoor (a bit tatty) swimming pool just opposite to the hotel. There are not beaches around ( very few in the whole island). Food juuuust ok. Coffee at breakfast horrible. In Summary, the hotel needs a revamp.

Good breakfast, nice seaview, kind stuff, good location.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Soundlevel to high at the breakfast. Noisy stuff at the breakfast. Didnt clean floor in the room. Dirty floor around the pool.

Good breakfast, nice seaview, kind stuff, good location.

The sea view with balcony is a real plus.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The street in front of the hotel is very busy and local drivers (even public busses) are honking a lot. It would not be a problem if the sound insulation of the hotel room was existent.

The sea view with balcony is a real plus.

Welcoming hotel in a great location of Malta
    • Standard Twin Room

Some facilities like pool table were out of order but other than that it absolutely lived up to expectations.

Lovely warm pool! Friendly and accommodating staff.

Relaxing, pleasant stay with good sea views
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Shower tray needs to be longer in the bathroom so the shower didn’t flood the floor!

Nice atmosphere. Swimming pool lovely and warm. Sky bar and sun terrace a pleasant surprise!

Bang Average. Avoid unless you're of retirement age and don't mind a lack of proactive management.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Dated rooms and hallways, more emphasis placed on activities rather than crating value for money. Construction works ongoing outside hotel. No prior warning given and given a room on the side of the works.

Location great, breakfast okay, penthouse bar has great views but zero atmosphere.

The staff was very nice.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The hotel was a bit dated. The AC didn't work well and the fan was loud. If you're looking for a calm place away from the action with older clientele, this is a good option. Not many breakfast options nearby.

The staff was very nice. The workout facility was dated but big and very nice for a hotel gym. There was a free parking lot right across the street (perhaps you have to pay the attendant 1 Euro but no issues). Several very good restaurants in the area.

The room was big and comfortable and the staff was very...

Nothing to complain about

The room was big and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Bus stop is right in front of the hotel, which makes going to Valletta easy, the trip takes about 15 minutes without traffic. The building is not new, so don‘t expect anything fancy or luxury but for the (low season) rate we paid totally okay. There are also some nice waterfront cafes immediately nearby, practical for having breakfast.

Enjoyable and relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Unable to get the local TV channels,all the stations were scrambled ,

The view was as promised,staff were helpful.The bed could have been a little better,kept rolling into a hollow in the middle of mattress.

Won’t come back....
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very very very noisy staff. Wake me up every morning by shouting, having meetings and just loudly speaking on our floor. Even when they were in their offices kept door always open. Not very nice to wake up to their chats every day. Also requested higher floor and got 3rd from 12th. (Busy street) 2 single beds intead one double.

The view was amazing
    • Twin Room with Sea View

It didn't seem to me like a European standard 4 stars hotel. The bathrooms definitely need to be renovated and well it wasn't completely clean either...

The view was amazing

Superb sea view from the room.
    • Standard Single Room

Restaurant quality not really as expected. I might have a bit overestimated especially about seafood dishes only because it is in island with sea around.

Superb sea view from the room. Convenient location.

The Preluna provided good value for money, but could have been better.
    • Standard Twin Room

The view from the balcony, the lack of a fan in the bathroom, causing mirrors to steam up, the hairdryer screwed into the back of the drawer. The pillows were too hard, but I found one extra one in the wardrobe, that was softer.

The view from our room was very disappointing, as the balcony looked onto a brick wall with some high windows in it, plus a couple of balconies with very rusty air conditioning units outside.

Lovely hotel in a good location, but you definitely have to stay in a sea view room
    • Twin Room with Sea View

If I was being picky I think they should spend a bit of money furnishing the rooftop bar area. It's a bit tacky looking up there and not really in keeping with the look of the rest of the hotel.

I liked everything about it, particularly my room with a balcony and sea view. Pool, gym and sauna were also nice

There was a storm while we were there, our room leaked in...
    • Standard Twin Room

There was a storm while we were there, our room leaked in water, all down the side of the wall and on the floor. Staff “fixed” the problem by rolling up towels to soak it up and left them there for the remainder of our trip. It had obviously happened before because the window edge was mouldy. No effort by staff was made to relocate us or to try compensate for this.

The Preluna is a nice hotel in a great location with good facilities.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Unfortunately the breakfast experience was not so good - the hotel was full and the main restaurant was continually running out of cereal bowls, side plates and milk. None of the staff seeemed to be trained to regularly check these items and queing ensued. It was only near the end of the week we discovered that there was another restaurant on the same floor and, although it had no seaview, it was much more peaceful and the crockery and milk never ran out. Would have been helpful to have been told of the alternative breakfast facility.

Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the bay with gorgeous views of the sun rising each morning. The weather was mixed during our week but the indoor pool with jacuzzis was great and open from early morning until mid evening.

Overall loved the location and friendly staff. Some aspects of the hotel could be improved.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The roof top terrace looks a little tired and the outdoor jacuzzi wasn’t functioning. Breakfast was disappointing as eggs were pre-fried and not always cooked properly and the hot food was not replenished as quickly as necessary. To toast bread is a work of art and a bonding experience with other hotel guests - but really, in a 4* hotel, they should have a suitably functioning toaster - time for renewal! When I book a king size bed, ie a double room, I do expect this and really dislike two single beds pushed together. Although they put a topper on top and replace the single duvets, the double they use isn’t big enough to reach across the two beds unless you both sleep down the crack in the middle.

The panoramic view from the penthouse bar and from the sun deck is amazing. You would struggle to find better in Malta. The penthouse bar with sea view is what attracted me to the hotel and it didn’t disappoint. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The gym is a good size, the indoor pool is small and not for swimming in if you are a serious swimmer. Jacuzzi and saunas were good. The bed was confortable.

Overall good value and right on the bus routes.
    • Standard Twin Room

The view from the room and the floor lobby was cold. A better selection of TV programs

The choice of restaurants on site was excellent and good value for money. Local restaurants also very good.

Basically one of the best hotel in Sliema...
    • Executive Suite with Sea View

The breakfasts are similar every day, a bit boring. They change the "happy hours " action, it was only in the Panorama Bar / instead of Piazza Bar/ and changed also the system of it. / last time was half price, if you pay by cash - now you get double quantity for one price. But, if I don,t need a double drink, why necessary to get it? - Negative...

The dinner is much better, than year before.

Good quality hotel with very good staff including those that cleaned our room with a SMILE!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Hot breakfast items served a bit cold at 9am serving. Coffee could be better with small jugs of milk and a small spoon offered. Butter seal not easy to open? No fresh coffee on sale in the Sky Room just instant. (You lost two sales) Good coffee from the downstairs Bar. Roof golf/putting needs to be updated. More customers would then play.

Excellent room and very helpful staff

Pleasant and comfortable
    • Single Room with Balcony

I enjoyed a regular morning swim in the spa . We invited guests to dine one evening and this was very well managed, they were made welcome and were impressed with the food. Soome of the evening entertainments were enjoyable.

"Not a 4 star hotel,maybe B&B."
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

For sure this is not a 4 star hotel,the rooms are very dirty and full of dust.I think the housekeeping don't use the vacuum cleaner in this hotel.When i made a booking,i booked a room with balcony with sea view,but they give me a room with "building view".Amazing...For £80 per night i was expecting more. For sure i will not come back at this hotel.

Breakfast was nice .

Fantastic view, good location, good value for money, helpful staff
    • Twin Room with Sea View

It was cumbersome to get access to spa. Only one beautician at spa, who got ill and 3 day bookings were cancelled. Some more variety for breakfast would be nice, but overall not too bad.

Fantastic view, close to Valetta ferry, easy access by bus to St. Julian, acquarium etc., decent breakfast, not great, but ok, nice dinner offer, very polite and helpful staff, good spa service

Santa on reception was very helpful and polite but I feel...
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We asked to move rooms and the double bed was not made up until the following day. No bath just a shower which if not very careful would flood the bedroom and no room service to help. The spa facilities are a little tired

Santa on reception was very helpful and polite but I feel she was let down down by other staff who did not compete the requested tasks. Good selection for breakfast. Enjoyed the live entertainment and really sad it was not better supported.

The location is perfect for a stroll by the sea.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff at the front desk was not organised and they were misinformed about certain events, for eg: pool opening times and dinner reservations. Some of the staff was heard swearing and speaking crudely. Thia was reported to F and B manager who took action and even offered us a coffee while waiting.

The location is perfect for a stroll by the sea. The dinner was very good.

Location was good.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Staff were not attentive to needs. Safe in bedroom not working. Complained twice but not repaired. Requested dressing gowns twice before received.

Location was good.

Satisfactory but over charged and not deserving the star value.
    • Single Room with Balcony

No way deserving the high star rating, but hotel was clean and comfortable. Room was not as advertised lacking a bath and a sea view, did not represent the photos displayed in pictures on the website, many facilities were closed which was not informed and part of the hotel was under renovation. Cleaning staff repeatedly entered the room without knocking despite being told three times no cleaning was required.

Good location, nice place.

The nice staff compensated for the rubbish facilities.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed was two singles that rolled apart even though we booked a double bed. The all year round outdoor hot tub was cold. Mini golf was charged but extra costs are not mentioned when booking. The rooftop bar was closed so we asked to sit on the other terrace and they told us it doesnt have lights and it was not possible. The pool table was broken. One of the saunas was out of order.

The room was clean and the staff were really nice. The breakfast was yummy!

Poor value for money ratio
    • Single Room with Sea View

Well simply put, everything besides the view. Hotel is dated and needs a renovation, A.S.A.P. It has a 4 star, but I can't see why. Bathroom had mold on walls and on the bathtub, towels had stains on them, and the gentleman on the front desk was everything but polite. Breakfast is totally tasteless, to standard for a 4 star hotel, with a poor choice. Definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone, at least not at that price.

The view on the sea side of the hotel is great, especially during the sunrise. Also, due to a location, hotel is easily accessible.

the accommodation is recommended

The spa and swimming pool was closed at 1800 hrs on sunday

The room was very good. Nice sea view.catered breakfast and friendly staff. Good wifi connection.

The location of hotel was very good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Since it was a little budgeted trip, we stayed at "non ocean view room" which had city/back street kind of view with bit dark atmosphere. They are located in front of water, so definitely worth going for "ocean view room". I would love to give it a try next time!

The location of hotel was very good. Right in front, they have bus stop for buses to Valletta/Sliema Ferry and even to the airport where taxi costs you 20 euro but Bus only costed 3 euro from the hotel. Could also walk to Sliema Ferry within 10 mins by going through the commercial (shopping) area of the Sliema. Good amount and selection of restaurant around, and also nice walk along with coast line with amazing ocean view. Room had good size for two of us with high cleanliness and good care. Very helpful staff also made our stay nice and easier.

Comfortable beds, and nice staff and location.
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms need refurbishment. A bit noisy, windows were not airtight, and one could hear everything through the door.

Comfortable beds, and nice staff and location.

The hotel was a little cheese ball but for the money very worth it. Just go in the summer time!
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The bathroom and the floors of the room. Also the spa facilities need to be updated.

I thought the location of the hotel was great. The indoor pool was okay and the the facilities were slightly old and a little dirty. However, both the italian and sushi restaurant at the bottom of the hotel were yummy. I would say the vibe of this hotel is semi wealthy retirees. Its a little cheese ball but still comfortable.

Good for people who like to have good fun out of the hotel

Sauna was very very dirty. From under wood tiles was coming a lot of cockroaches. I never saw so sorry places and I been in a lot of saunas in many hotels. We had room for smoker but we didn't smoke. That said they don't have any empty room for us as they are busy. All my clothes smell with ciggaretes

Breakfast was very tasty.

Sleep well, eat well and chill in the pool
    • Single Room with Balcony

TV in room was small and didnt swivel on wall so it wasn't comfortable to watch.

Great location, quiet room & super comfy bed meant i slept like a baby. Fab breakfast buffet. Lovely indoor pool. Great rooftop terrace and singers for entertainment. One of the most relaxing stays I've ever had.

Very enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We arrived behind a coach party of elderly women and it took ages to check in, I mean aaaages, over three quarters of an hour. Once we'd got our keys everything was great

Great facilities, happy hour, mini golf. What's not to like?

receptionists were willing to assist, even due peak hours...
    • Standard Twin Room

i would prefer the usual 50x70cm pillows than the huge one or othere smaller/lengthy included. Should be included one use slippers in room along with all other amenities it includes.

receptionists were willing to assist, even due peak hours because of check-in/outs. Breakfast has variety and hotel area is very convinient to see many things. We enjoyed out stay.

Disappointing considering the reputation the hotel has
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was basic, soap dispenser was broken and soap watery. Towels only got changed on last day and no water in the room. Considering you can’t drink tap water water should be in fridge (even if charge is applied). Work men started work at 7am and sounded like walls were being knocked down on Sunday morning this continued till we checked out at 11am.

Great location and friendly bar staff

The room was comfortable and the hotel is really close to...
    • Standard Twin Room

There was no view from the room and the TV screen was really small.

The room was comfortable and the hotel is really close to public transport and shops.

Great weekend location.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

No face washers in the bathroom. No room service menu in the room although I dare say had I asked for one I would have been given one.

The location was lovely...opposite the sea with a convenience store 5mins in each direction & a bus stop outside that took you in numerous directions. We had a nice big balcony with seaview. The reception staff were really welcoming & friendly. Lobby had a large seating area where you could sit & relax & have a drink, plus a quieter one further round the back. Buffet breakfast was good with a variety of hot/cold options.

Hotel rooms lovely and spacious.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Room view looking onto small side street. Should be clear on website what view your getting so that person can make decision on that. Advertised that would have access to beach side pool and access direct to sea as per booking.com website, but this closed on 30 October. This was one of reasons for choosing property.Breakfast was a bit chaotic. Mini golf should be free. Building a bit dated but appear to be updating property. Problem with sales people outside saying that they are not selling timeshare, offering 30 euro refund on bus tickets to get you into hotel to see presentation, but looking to many personal details so did not do presentation

Hotel rooms lovely and spacious. Most staff were friendly. Tower room has great views. Access sea from rocks but some sheltered ares for calm swimming. Main town St Julians in close proximity with nice cafes and bars en route. Bus route outside so easy to get to main city or St julians or further. Main reception area lovely and bar staff friendly.

Nice view and great location (in the middle of Sliema and...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel is outdated, needs to be renovated. It is not like the pictures. Water in whirl pool on roof top was dirty. Breakfast was very plain food , not clean and staff was very loud.

Nice view and great location (in the middle of Sliema and very easy to get by ferry to Valetta)

Nice piano in the lobby. Nice view at breakfast. Close to the bus stop.
    • Standard Twin Room

The view from my room was not of the ocean. The toiletries were lower quality than most hotels. The coffee at breakfast could be improved.

The bathtub and hot water were nice. The mattress was comfy. Free WiFi and tv. Breakfast was reasonably priced with a good selection.

The area is quite touristy and crowded but it is well...
    • Single Room with Balcony

It is huge and not the newest building . Quite ugly from outside

The area is quite touristy and crowded but it is well connected: ferry to Valletta is near by , bus to golden bay goes from the stop infront of the hotel . The facilities of the hotel are big benefit. It was very nice to warm up in sauna after windy day or chilly evening outside. Saunas opening hours r big benefit. I liked the view from top roof or 13th floor bar. The stuff was very helpful and nice. Room was clean and quiet.

we enjoyed Malta, but would not stay at the Preluna again.

The property is tired and needs refurbishment. We found gym facilities old, rusted + poorly taken care of. Glasses, spoons in the room were dirty; towels were becoming threadbare; and there was a horrible anti-septic smell in the hallways. The "internet cafe" is a few computers with Internet in the lobby, but no printer. If you wish to print tickets you bought online, you can e-mail a pdf to the front desk to print when they aren't busy but they can't print from a link -- all very inefficient and old school.

Water pressure in the shower was good

Fabulous, and would definitely book the Preluna at Sliema again. Thank you. Book a sea view, fab.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

No complaints at all, enjoyed our stay, next time hopefully a longer one.

The overall facilities were very clean and well organised. All staff helpful and willing to be of assistance at every turn, even at meal times. All meals were excellent with a good choice of menus, and all kept spotlessly clean. Compliments to the chefs and waiting staff. Breakfast hot/cold very good choice, no complaints at all.

Nice view, near public transport, barrier - free access.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Horrible experience with airport transfer via company Supreme Coaches. I ordered and paid the service on time, but they did not communicate, did not answer my calls. They did not provide the transfer. I had to use and pay another transfer again. They confirmed the transfer after my return home. They did not pay my money back. Never ever!!!!!!!! Please do not bid this company to other customers !!!!

Nice view, near public transport, barrier - free access.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

the whole hotel needs a facelift the staff need to be to be trained in customer service especially the females at the recp desk it felt like they had better things to do than answering my questions the fitness centre was dirty the equip is rusting I advised the recp at the gym that the suna was dirty went 2 days later no difference bought it their attention was told it's hard to keep clean went 2 days after that and was still dirty the dirt I pointed out to the staff member was still there the restaurant for breakfast the food was ok but the chefs preparing the eggs always had a angry attitude , and the servers need to put a smile on their face I suggest you arrange training in customer service because it wasn't just me that mentioned it but a few other guests also experienced what I've mentioned

Alright if you want to stay in an old people’s home away from home.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Some of the staff were old and grumpy, the male staff. They advertised in the lobby, room and on line they were a spa hotel which was why we booked but they didnt do facials, manicures, pedicures or hot stone massages as advertised. Very very disappointing so won’t be returning. They also had ants in the wine on our first day.

It was situated on the quiet side of Sliema

Excellent - will stay there again if the price is similar to what I paid or less expensive (prefer).
    • Twin Room with Sea View

very crowded especially at breakfast. Rooms are clean and well presented even the ones facing the city where I stayed.

love the hotel including/especially breakfast. I have stayed twice at this hotel and shall plan again if I can get good deals for 1 - 2 weeks visit. Last year was a better deal than this year.

great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

only problem we found was these guys trying to get you to view apartments with in the property we didn't participate but spoke to people that did and it's just another case of timeshare and is very off putting.

the location was great ,staff very helpful and friendly good value for money.

Browse Preluna Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery