Reviews of db Seabank Resort + Spa 4 stars

Marfa Road, MLH 9063 Mellieħa, Malta

#7 of 40 hotels in Mellieħa

A great experience in family. Very property to stay with childrens
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

No one on duty spoke me spanish although there was a recepcionist wearing a spanish flag on his shirt.

I had a problem with my reservation because I booked a room for two people but I writted an email asking by the possibility of adding an extra bed for my daughter and the hotel answered me that it was possible either in an sofa-bed or in an extra bed with an extra charge of 5€/night; however 2 days before arriving I got an email telling me that I could not staying in that room because it was for two peoples and I had two stay in another room with an extra charge of 210€. But at the end, after writting an email, the hotel changed my room to another family room with two rooms without any extra charge, so I am more than happy with this way of solving that problem. I would like to congratulate the hotel management team.

Overall was fabulous and if we go back to Malta will defiantly stay at this hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Only negative thing I can think off is if you want to eat in one of the restaurants you need to book all restaurants at the start of your holiday.

Everything was excellent. Even though it was a spa hotel (we didn’t use the spa) there was no ‘in your face’ trying to sell you treatments. It was there if you wanted it

A great family holiday in a fun packed hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The shower temperature was a bit hit and miss. I didn't feel safe giving my kids a shower in case they got burnt. The selection of children's food available each day was terrible, despite the restaurant having a dedicated kids corner. Nuggets for lunch and dinner, every day.

The entertainment was excellent. The daytime and evening animation teams worked so hard. All the staff at the hotel were polite and friendly.

The room was cleaned every day.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't much like that the soups were always chilly and spice. Becouse more than 50%of the guests are with children,should be more food for kids,not only pizza, potatoes,burgers. The breakfast was excelent.

The room was cleaned every day.The bed was very big,enought for 2 adulds and little child to sleep on it. There are plenty activities for kids. My daughter loved mini-disco every night at the Dome.

Well appointed hotel with great facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel at busy meal times appear to run out of soup dishes and spoons of all things, they just need to buy a few more, they never ran out of knives and forks and plates just these two things which can be frustrating

The hotel and staff were as usual (this is our 5th visit to this hotel) excellent we could not fault it, the food was excellent, a great choice. We always look forward to visiting Malta and this hotel helps us make our dreams come true.

Great swimming pool, always with chairs available.
    • Double or Twin Room

The air-condition was not cold enough so the room was always very hot. You need to book the restaurants for dinner, you only have one that don't need reservation.

Great swimming pool, always with chairs available. Great location with a lot of transports.

Our trip was relaxing and comfortable and a healthy treat :-)
    • Double or Twin Room

As this was my second visit this time with my mother my feedback is given constructively. We had asked for a double bed but we were given a twin bed joint together however we didn’t complain as we had missed the first day of our trip and our room had been reallocated. However it would have been far more comfortable for us to have had a double bed as initially requested. The bathroom drains need to be regularly treated by the hotel and this time round they smelled of bad milk and rotten eggs and this was something we didn’t like. This was our second visit here and we didn’t have this issue before however we complained and the lady Karen at the reception resolved this for us however the smells returns after a few days. I was also disappointed with the food Menu this time around- we stayed for 6 days and the food was repetitive and after 3/4 days you become extremely fed up of eating the same items- I would highly recommend that they introduce new items in their main courses. Further the spa facilities were great and although the staff were v helpful I felt that the quality of the treatments had fallen. The massages and facials in my opinion are not worth spending- during my massage treatment I had to stop the therapist several times to ask her to apply pressure on pressure points it felt as though they weren’t trained in all treatments. During my last visit the thai staff were brilliant- and I noticed this time round they were under staffed and the therapist available were not experienced enough and several treatments listed on their card could not be offered due to unavailability of the therapist. This was a let down for me as this time round I didn’t get to do the treatments I had planned to book. However the manager was v helpful she kindly resolved my queries and issues me with a refund. As a frequent customer I would highly recommend they invest in hiring some experienced therapist and especially the thai therapists because they were brilliant.

Our stay was comfortable- I liked the spa facilities at the resort and location near the beach is really nice- our room was near the lift with a nice view as requested and the room were cleaned everyday and we are v happy with the cleaner Zara- the reception staff Karen and staff in the restaurant, Kristin & Milda were all very helpful and cooperative with us and attended to our questions and issues during our stay. The Pilates class on the hill top was really good - the instructor was very friendly and I also really liked the indoor pool facilities. The therapist Dragona gave me a really nice deluxe manicure and pedicure and Ana did a good hot stone massage on my my so we was very pleased with their service. The location is great- in close proximity with the Gozo ferry port and buses which go into other towns.

VERY LOVELY AND RELAXING PLACE TO STAY
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

THE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT WAS RUBBISH IN MY ROOM 4124. ROOM SERVICE FOR FOOD NEEDS TO BE UPDATED.THE DOCUMENTS IN EACH ROOM NEED TO BE RE WRITTEN AS I ASKED FOR FOOD IN ROOM JUST BEFORE 10PM AS IT STATED 10PM FINISH BUT WHEN I ASKED AT 21.15 THEY SAID IT STOPS AT 21.30 THE SUPERVISOR IN THE LAGUNA SHOP NEEDS ANOTHER ATTITUDE UPDATE!I BOUGHT SUNGLASSES IN THE SHOP AND THEY FELL APART ON MY HEAD.ME AND MY WIFE ABSOLUTELY KNOW THERE WAS A FAULT WITH THEM AS I HAD THEM ON MY HEAD AND EYES ALL DAY WHEN I BOUGHT THEM.I TOOK THEM BACK TO THE HOTEL SHOP TO GET REPLACED WITH MY RECEIPT.THE YOUNG LADY IN THE SHOP ASKED FOR MY RECEIPT AND SHE SAID I COULD PICK ANOTHER PAIR OF SUNGLASSES BUT SHE NEEDS TO ASK THE SUPERVISOR.SHE CAME OVER AND TOLD ME THE GLASSES HAD BEEN STOOD ON.I SAID I SWEAR THEY HAVE NOT BEEN OFF MY HEAD ALL DAY AND I HAVE NOT DROPPED THEM.SHE REFUSED TO ACCEPT MY STORY AND TOLD ME I CAN TAKE ANOTHER PAIR OF SUNGLASSES OFF THE SHELF BUT TO NOT COME BACK AGAIN.I THOUGHT THIS WAS VERY RUDE

THE HOTEL WAS ALWAYS CLEAN AND THE POOL AREA WAS LOVELY.FOOD WAS ECELLENT AND MY ROOM WAS PERFECT

Very good shame about the food!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Food could have been much better. It was the only thing that let the hotel down. The food compared to other similar establishments was bland and boring with little change day after day. The layout of the buffet was poor; for example the bread was in two places, butter only in one, and marmalade quite separate altogether. There were several other speciality restaurants, but instead of being something different, were also boring self-service. The all-inclusive red wine was very thin.

all staff excellent; especially a student receptionist Sarah

An excellent location with fantastic views & a great hotel that gave us a relaxing holiday
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Bed quite uncomfortable Pool too cold not heated Room too hot & ceiling fan noisy but we were given another floor fan

Everything on resort good excellent choice of food & drink & staff friendly & helpful . Evening entertainment excellent

Wouldn't stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The showers in ours & our friends rooms were very bad going from boiling hot to freezing cold then no pressure at all, complained at reception they said it was being dealt with but they never improved for the whole week.

Comfy bed, nice sized rooms.

relaxing stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The breakfast and main buffet was good but some of the food items could be better. Themed restaurants were good but not outstanding.

the hotel staff are very responsive. the hotel is well kept and the facilities very nice, with a very large outdoor pool area and pool and a nice size indoor pool, very nice spa and decent sized gym. The hotel is also right across form the largest sandy beach in Malta and a few minutes from the ferry for the second island of Gozo.

Fair. It could have been better.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Cleaning. We had to tip the cleaning lady to clean us the room. Food at the speciality restaurants is very commercial. Absolutely nothing special. In one night somebody tried to enter our room. We told the reception next day and instead of saying that they will investigate they brawled us! Besides it is very noisy if you have a sea view room, therefore DO NOT PAY extra for it... unless you may want to hear lorries, cars passing by all night.

Good place to explore from
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The room we paid for was not provided for the first night. No refund was issued. Food choices did not offer much variety. The hotel was very crowded for Easter and very noisy in the corridors where children played until very late. The sea view rooms have a lovely view but in-between the sea and the hotel is a VERY BUSY and extremely noisy main road.

The bus stop was in a good location and made a good base to explore the island. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly.

Relaxing and way too much food!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Toilets smelt in public areas and in the rooms (we had two rooms in the end as we had to move). Cleaning staff should be instructed to clean around the toilet rather than putting bleach inside. Staff were just generally very freindly (apart from two horrible members of staff - one who manned the egg counter in the morning and another who when we saw her was working in the Jungle restaurant). A lot of the staff lacked competence and tended not to communicate with each other. This led to many annoying mistakes (such as being charged for things two or three times or giving wrong information) and staff arguing with each in front of guest. Other than that, the place was very good and we would go back.

Excellent facilities, really good food, really good cocktails and bar - really good all inclusive package which was of a high quality.

A stylish and relaxing hotel based on a lovely seafront with on tap good quality food and drink.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

It was quite difficult and complicated to book into the speciality restaurants. We did manage to work out the booking system eventually but it would not be easy for older people (with less experience of technology) to make a booking. We tried the jungle (American food - largely burgers) and the Asian restaurant which was good (but not brilliant).

Good choice of food. Especially liked the freshly cooked omelettes for breakfast and the extensive salad bar at lunch and dinner. The coffee machines also provide good quality coffee throughout the day. It was also very convenient to have a kettle in our room and a good supply of fresh milk, tea and coffee. The evening entertainment was good. The singing and dancing team put on a variety of shows and their costumes were stunning.

A wonderful experience. Ten out of ten.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Perhaps a little attention needed to tiling in the pool. Unfinished building work. Otherwise a fantastic hotel with brilliant staff, views to beach. Perfect accommodation and exceptionally clean.

We loved the locally-sourced products: lemons ( especially). Delicious! The pumpernickel bread was amazing. Also, loved the spa and both indoor and outdoor pools. The gardens are beautifully well-kept.

There is everything you might need even if it's not a...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Some things in the hotel were old and did not function properly, at least for a while . The coffee tastes horrible.

There is everything you might need even if it's not a lux. It is good value for money. As a family we appreciated some extras such as the animations and evening shows, as well as the private companies in the hotel that offered shuttles to different parts on the island.

Can not wait until we visit again!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel was great for families but there were some feral children in the food areas that made a huge mess and were a bit unruly . The hotel staff failed to deall with it.

Whilst we had a few issues with the door lock to our room. The hotel was just great in every other way.

Very enjoyable stay even though the weather in Malta was horrible, the hotel was lovely.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

More space around the tables in restaurants would have made it more user friendly, rather crushed together. Also it would have been enjoyable to have a child free restaurant where adults could go who don’t have children.

Wonderful helpful service from staff and very easy to use buffet with a good selection of foods.

The facilities and the service.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

We had a great stay except for the fact that fron Friday night onwardd a lot of locals invade the hotel for the weekend. From then on it became very busy and noisy. Overall we would probably still recommend.

The facilities and the service. Staff was really nice and professional. Food was ok for an all-inclusive deal. We enjoyed the cocktails. Rooms were very comfortable and quiet (we were on the 5th floor with a large terrace with sea view)

Ok but wouldn't stay again
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Food in coral restaurant was cold. Breakfast in room was served cold. Staff not interested when mentioned. No quiet area to read.

The spa is absolutely gorgeous as was the indoor swimming pool when it wasnt busy. All the extra restaurants where superb.

It was just ok
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The room was very small felt quite claustrophobic. The main dining room was very cafeteria like with poor quality and choice. Very few theme restaurants open therefore not giving any option as to where to dine.

Decor and cleanliness of the room, good storage

Wonderful winter break ;-)
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Excellent ! Highly recommend it. Great place. Fantastic lokalisation. Nice beach. Lovely swimming pool. Walking distance to Ghadira Nature Reserve (10 min) and Popeye (14 min), 10 min by bus to ferry terminal to Gozo. Direct bus to airport ( X1). Direct bus to Valetta.

the asian restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

availability of restaurants...maybe because we went out of season outside pool closed did not cater too well for vegetarian / partial vegan diet especially in coral restaurant. only so much pizza and pasta a person can have

the asian restaurant

Worth the money.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The booking of specialty restaurant is very difficult.

Very nice programs arrangement from this all inclusive hotel. Especially the entertainment programs.

Enjoyed our stay but the area let’s it down
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The area doesn’t have much to offer in the way of culture and nightlife. So if you want a quiet seaside holiday it’s perfect but otherwise there isn’t much to see. The hotel is very well kept but Malta as a whole is very run down.

The staff on arrival were courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a suite with a sea view and it was so lovely. The bed was comfortable too. The facilities were excellent. The food and drinks were great, I loved being able to help myself to anything I wanted. The shop sold a 12 trip travel card for the buses and there were stops outside the hotel so we managed to travel all over.

Best all inclusive hotel, I had been to! :)
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great selection of the foods and desserts for breakfast, lunch and dinner, few themed restaurants serving dinner but require reservation, the sooner the better. The all inclusive is well worth it's price. The room is big enough and beds are really comfortable. Worth spending few extra euro's and having the sea view with balcony. Amazing feeling waking up to sound of the waves and enjoyable to drink tea/coffee in the balcony watching the sea. Big selection of drinks to choose from in the bar. Big thank you to the staff for making our staff so enjoyable

The perfect hotel!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

A wonderful hotel with everything you need for a perfect holiday! The location is good. Bus stops are in front of the hotel. Bus routes 41, 42 and 250 go directly to Valletta. The ride takes around 65 minutes. The bus route X1 takes you to the airoport in about 70 minutes. The resort is huge, with 2 outdoor pools, one small pool for kids, playgroud for chinldren, minigolf, sports ground, garden, 6 restaurants, shopping outlet. The hotel rooms are spacious, nice and very clean. We think we had the most beautiful room with a wonderful view over the Mellieha bay and a large terrace with table, chairs and 2 sunbeds. The meals are great. We gain a few pounds beacuse we wanted to taste a bit of everything! You can eat soups, steaks, all kind of meat: chicken, turkey, lamb, beef, pork, pastas, lots of cakes, fresh fruits. Everything! We mentioned we celebrate our daughter's first birthday and they sent us a mini birhday cake to our room. It was such a wonderful surprise! The DB Seabank Hotel is our top choice for Malta!

Nice location, clean, comfy, big bedroom, and lots of nice...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Staff were not up to speed with local info, we asked about how to get to the red tower and were simply told get on a bus but she wasn't sure where we went from there, it's only 1km walk along the bay as it turns out so bus isn't needed, we also asked one night where the Italian restaurant was and were sent to the wrong place and also told buses to Gozo are every 10 minutes( they are not; check the timetable) . Also indoor pool is basically a kids play ground no good for swimming and tiny.

Nice location, clean, comfy, big bedroom, and lots of nice food choices.

was ok have stayed before but not sure we will ever again
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Far to many children for new years eve and they packed too many people in the Dome on new years eve made it feel very uncomfortable would never stay again at this time of year and they was not interested when I went to reception to give my concerns over this

The location is good the entertainment on the 30th Dec was wanderful

fantastic staff and ... food
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

- unpalatable coffee and plonk (red) from vending machines in restaurants, - the lack of an hourglass in the sauna - indoor pool is too small for such a large object (the sea and the outdoor pool was too cold already) - ping pong equipment in terrible condition,

- rooms clean (cleaned every day), - the room also has an refrigerator and electric kettle, - helpful and smiling staff everywhere! - great food, especially in a Brazilian restaurant, - great and interesting evening performances, - good WiFi signal.

Staff were very good, I found them helpful and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Food in most of the restaurants was not of good quality and often cold.

Staff were very good, I found them helpful and friendly. It's a good place for families with young children.

Very much enjoyed our stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

We were not thrilled with all the Restaurants (besides Tramun Taghna) were basically buffets.

Staff was wonderful and very accommodating. The Tramun Taghna Restaurant is a MUST!

Enough food with great facilities
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

We didnt get warm water last day People shouting in the corridor And the balcony giving to the road too noisy

I like the cleaness. The food and the all in. The

Lovely hotel, with good food, great cocktails and superb views of Mellieha bay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Lovely hotel, with good food, great cocktails and superb views of Mellieha bay. Apart from the regular restaurants, one can opt for à la carte in different themed restaurants, book on check-in as places are limited. Great for a relaxing treat, can’t wait to return.

Flattered to deceive for the price paid. Most disappointing 4* hotel we have stayed at.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We paid for a room with a seaview, but were first of all showed a room with a land view of a building site. The second room was small, and so it was only when we complained again that we were given a far better and more spacious seaview room, however the air conditioning in the room was very poor and our baby struggled to sleep. The seaview rooms also overlook the road which was noisy. The layout of of the main restaurant was uninviting and need of an update. The food was very disappointing considering the reviews that we had read about it. Lack of choice with regard to hot food and almost universally drenched with oil and lacking in flavour. We were also surprised that they didn't require guests to use hand-sanitiser before entering the main restaurant-this should be in a more prominent position in front of the entrance and a suitable sign provided. The baby high chairs were not cleaned frequently enough to keep them clean - they were dirty on every occasion that we used the restaurant and so we had to clean them ourselves. The tables and chairs were placed very close together which made it difficult for those with buggies or wheelchairs. Both my wife and baby went down with a vomiting bug/ virus and were admitted to hospital during our stay and we couldn't help wondering if the general hygiene standards of the hotel restaurant facilities had been a contributory factor. It's worth being aware that the nearest hospital is more than 45 minutes' drive away if you do get ill and you will be charged £80 if you need to call out the hotel doctor.

There were some good nights of professional entertainment. The Brazilian restaurant and the Asian both offered good respite from the main restaurant. The restaurant staff were willing and able to provide bespoke food options we requested for the baby. Good location for bus services to other locations around the island. Most staff friendly and attentive.

Great place for relaxation
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The AC did not work properly an the excuse was it is winter. That is a typical answer win many hotels when the AC does not work properly and cannot be controlled in each room

In general everything was good. The staff in the restaurant were very helpful but the room cleaning was to slow.

Good for kids. Not great for adults only
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

To much emphasis on kids. No adult only access to indoor pool, so unable to use! Night entertainment needs to be adult only. Not full of screaming exhausted kids, knocking over drinks.

Good value. Adult only outside pool

Great if you like all inclusive
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower was rubbish, poor water pressure, cheap alcohol, nothing much to do in the immediate area

Great beach over the road, food was great, spotlessly clean, very cheap public transport

Pleasantly surprised by Malta the resort and the staff golden bay beach was nice overall a nice trip
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Coffee was rubbish and the wasps and flys by the pool, alcohol was diluted a little too much.

The Spa Service and The staff at the Spa and how professional they was. The Entertainment during the day. The lifts were excellent and fast. The Beach Volleyball

A very relaxing week with friendly, helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Cups and glasses often had lip and lipstick marks around the rim, i.e. not washed properly. A nearby guest usually had their ceiling fan going all night which made a humming noise (they could have used their air conditioner instead as it is almost noiseless). The water wasn't always hot enough to shower comfortably. The extractor fan wasn't working in our bathroom.

The mattress was very comfortable. The variety and amount of food was amazing. Something to suit every taste and plenty of it; being a buffet arrangement, you could go back for more if you particularly liked something. Drinks were on tap and one could help oneself to red, white or rose wine (rose was the best), 2 types of beer, and several varieties of soft drinks, tea/coffee etc. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The beach was just over the road.

The staff is really helpful, in fact i have hosted the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds & pillows are not that comfortable.

The staff is really helpful, in fact i have hosted the marriage proposal with the help of the wedding planner and everything was well planned and organised.

Relaxing and pleasant
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Children unattended in indoor pool. They were playing around with the water making the floor very slippery.

I liked that there was an adults only pool.I really needed the peace and quiet.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Couple enjoying the sun
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The only thing i would say is that the holiday is what you make of it, if you are wanting a super romantic holiday with no kids then this holiday most likely isn't for you if kids don't bother you like with my partner and I then you'll have a nice time

My boyfriend and i stayed at this hotel in July and booked it in November, we loved everything about this hotel, it is great value for money and a fantastic place just to go and relax in the sun. However if you are wanting to make your way around Malta this hotel is outstandingly convenient as there is a bus stop straight outside the hotel (obviously granted you're willing to take the bus). The staff were all so friendly and lovely taking the time to help you as best they could. The food was lovely and my partner and I had no problem with self service (the Brazilian restaurant was particularly great and the chef was even happy to give us one of his recipes). Our hotel room was lovely and just what we needed, nothing to fancy but always kept clean and well decorated! On top of that we had asked for a partial sea view and ended up getting a full sea view with a view of the red castle also which was beautiful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

We booked the Deluxe Double Room Terrance and Seaview for our honeymoon. We expected a nice luxury resort from the website photos and booking.com photos. Coming from America we trusted these sites to accurately portray the hotel. This hotel was loud and busy. The room interior was old, small, and very uncomfortable. The sheets were extremely cheap and worn. The pillows sounded like they had cheap plastic stuffing and were also very uncomfortable. The deluxe double room was was so small we couldn't fit all of our luggage in the room. There was a Terrance but no Seaview. This hotel is infested with ants. To top it off when I took a shower the water somehow got water on the ceiling and completely drenched the entire bathroom. All of my clothes, makeup, etc got completely soaked. We stayed here for one night and checked out. We paid for 5 night and they refused to reimburse us. We paid a lot of money to stay here. They deceived us with their website photos and then stole our money. Do not stay here! Customer Service is horrible and the hotel is a joke.

A great place to relax and enjoy a quieter area of Malta

Had difficulty with new electronic restaurant booking on arrival. Had to wait two nights before we could get one of the restaurants other than the main buffet restaurant. Standard and choice of food very good and plenty of food.

Beds very comfortable and rooms very clean as is all the hotel. Love the hotel has a indoor pool which is outside near the main pool. Has a adult only area which was quitter with its own bar. Staff work very hard and very professional. We had a seaview and it is lovely to see this from your room. You only have to cross the road to get in the warm sea. Lots of sun beds my the pool and you can swim till early evening when it is very empty which is lovely.

Hotel staff were very friendly our room was very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Pool View

not very keen on the food, only had 1 chance to book 1 special restaurant they were all full, for the week we were there. If you want to book any of there restaurants then do it on the first day you arrive and plan ahead. I drink vodka and i it was watered down.

Hotel staff were very friendly our room was very comfortable.

Lovely week in the sun!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Although the adult pool was lovely, it wasn't really an escape from the animation team who play their music extremely loud at times during the day! One thing that annoyed us was being disturbed during dinner by staff asking us to complete a questionnaire about the hotel, it would have been better for this to have been left in the room.

As we went for our Silver wedding anniversary it was lovely to have an adult only pool and bar during the day,and an adult only bar in the evenings . We've stayed in Malta for the past ten years although our first visit to this hotel and we couldn't really fault it. The view over the bay was worth the extra. The choice of restaurants and food was excellent, particularity in the Asian L'Orient( we ate there twice!). Unfortunately we were only there a week and we couldn't get a reservation in the A la carte restaurant:( All the staff were very pleasant, room was clean and comfortable . Overall a lovely week in the sun.

good for kids. bad food
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

food was terrible. the hotel sold day passes on select days meaning you couldn't get a table in the restaurant or a sun bed. at one point fights were breaking out around the pool.

Nice hotel that has everything you need to just chill by the pool.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

This place would be better if you could actually book restaurants. Bookings are made in advance, so when you arrive pretty much everything is booked! If bookings could only be made 24 hours in advance this would give all new guests a fair opportunity to book what you would like.

Pizza and burgers at 3pm in the pool restaurant. Just what you need when you're on an all inclusive! I also recommend the Brazilian Restaurant

Good, mostly for children.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Air con poor. Can't get a drink between 12am and 7:30am unless you pay for it from a vending machine, not terrible but all inclusive I think should be able to get a drink anytime.

On the beach. Nice diving cave next to the boats/car park opposite, 4-5 mins walk to the right coming out of the hotel entrance.

All inclusive on the best beach in Malta
    • Double or Twin Room

The main restaurant food is bland but designed to cater for a diverse large population. Room service is from one of the restaurants which finishes at 10 pm. We tried for over an hour at 8pm one night and got no response.

Hotel located on the best beach in Malta with local water sports and tours easily available from the hotel lobby. The hotel itself is situated in the North and its a bus ride to Valetta or Mdina/Rabat but we booked through the hotel shuttle service which was always punctual with friendly drivers. The main restaurant is average food but plenty of choice available. The other restaurants on the site are much better but require early booking to ensure a place. We also ate several meals at a restaurant across the road (Maya Beach) and this was excellent food (my husband recommends the mixed grill) - great staff, overlooks the bay and reasonable prices with large portions. We were a couple and there were adult only areas to escape and these were enforced. The many families were spoke to were happy with the facilities and entertainment for the children. This place was recommended to me by a colleague and I would highly recommend it to anyone else. Definitely go to Gozo and the Blue lagoon...and take the speedboat with the mad, grey-haired guy! (OKI-KO-KI Banis)

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

DB seabank.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The air conditioning was awful, and did nothing to cool the room down , the corridor outside the room was cooler ?!! The moment we walked in and saw a fan on the roof we thought thats unusual , we complained twice and nothing was done. They said switch the fan on , the room was so hot we never switched the fan off for 7 days. The room only went cool at night. But in the morning from 7am as the sun rose the room got hotter and hotter.

The staff were excellent and friendly from the moment you walked in it was a good place to stay.

Far better than expected !!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Hotel was rather large with too many children for our taste however we did know this and only booked as attending a wedding. However we were pleasantly surprised by the overall standard and would probably return but not in school holidays!! Only real criticism was awful coffee, long queues in cocktail bar and dreadful plastic mattress covers and pillow protectors which we removed due to the awful noise they made....

Our room with huge terrace was superb. Staff excellent. Wonderful crystal clear sea.

Huge swimming pool.
    • Double Room with Pool View

Huge swimming pool. Water gets warm very well even in the spring, so it’s possible to swim in May. Great cuisine, spacious rooms, good Wi-Fi. Helpful staff. So it was a great pleasure!

Every thing about this property was perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Every thing about this property was perfect. The beach was just across the road, also bus outside for quiet pick ups. The staff were excellent with both young and old.

Disappointed.
    • Double Room with Pool View

The air conditioning never worked and when we complained we were informed that it was an eco system that took a while to kick in, it never kicked in. All the restaurants were buffet with very little variety.

The staff were overall very good.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great place to enjoy a relaxing and easy holiday in the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location was good for a romantic getaway or for staying in the hotel for the whole of your holidays...there is nothing to do around the hotel and the bigger towns/cities are at least 45'-60' by bus (which is very easy and cheap to grab and also very often).

Very clean, very comfortable, many amenities, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great location and star quality hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The all at one time into the bookable restaurants was a bit disappointing and not relaxed as I had hoped.

The friendly and helpful staff and also standard of rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Food and drinks were good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Air con not on that time of year (not hot enough), had to leave windows open all day and night and since we had a room overlooking a road, it was very noisy and still very warm at night. Spa team could be more professional although they were nice ladies.

Food and drinks were good value for money. Reception staff very nice and welcoming. Resort very focused on preserving environment.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Nice stay on Malta
    • Double or Twin Room

The doors were like from the paper - you could hear everything from the corridor, especially loud speaking cleaners at 8 am... It looks like this hotel is mainly booked by UK citizens. For me it is ok, but not for everybody. Rather loud hotel.

Plenty of food. Not the fine dining, but as an all inclusive food it was ok. The drinks were good. Malta has just few beaches and this hotel is very near one of the biggest of them. Close to bus stop, close to ferries. Very kind personel.

A fabulous holiday in every way
    • Double or Twin Room

The bedroom decoration style wasn't to my taste - very blue and nautical. We overlooked the main road so inevitably there was some noise during the night. You need to keep the patio doors closed.

Fabulous food and choice of restaurants. Varied choice of cocktails plus others cocktails that weren't on the menu. The room facilities were good - free safe - plenty of storage - fridge and tea/coffee making facilities.The hotel is in a great location for bus stops and local walks with stunning views.

Amazing Location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The food is okay, but not spectacular. However, I STRONGLY advise that you book the restaurants the moment you arrive at the hotel (these are all inclusive). There are four restaurants: Brazilian; Oriental; Italian, and American. There is also the main buffet area which is called the Coral. The restaurants book up very quickly, and I would say it's a good idea to change where you eat each night because it's very boring eating the same thing morning noon and night. If you are vegetarian or vegan there is not as much choice, but you can let the chef know up front at the Coral Buffet. The other restaurants are less flexible unfortunately (particularly the American restaurant).

Wonderful views, walks and places of historical interest. Fabulous sea view from our room. Could not have asked for a more beautiful location. The hotel is very friendly and extremely accommodating.

Good location and best all inclusive !
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Really nothing ! All was great !

This all inclusive hotel is the best I have ever had ! Plenty of everything and theme restaurants are fun and delicious ! The area around the pool is very big so you don't feel the stress of having people around you all the time ! The indoor pool is nice when the weather is not so good ! The location to visit the whole island is perfect ! The gozo island is only a few miles to the ferry. All is very convenient and staff really tries to help you with changing to another room, trip reservations etc. The underground parking is nice if you rent a car. The cocktails at the bar are perfect ! The entertainment after dinner is very pleasant !

We enjoyed our stay like pevious years and look forward to our next stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although we had a very nice room, we thought the tv set was a bit too far away from the bed. But all in all everything was fine.

Yes and yes the bed was comfy, although the mattress was a bit too soft.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Well worth a visit
    • Double or Twin Room

I would struggle to find something wrong with this hotel, maybe that the themed restaurants get booked early. So you can struggle to get the time slot you want but there is usually something available.

Staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is spotlessly clean. The food was great with a good selection of choices, including themed restaurants. The pool has an adult area . So if your travelling without children, there is a quieter area to enjoy.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nice resort
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I wish our room was cleaned better. My kid's socks were dirty every day from running around the room, even though they had just wiped the floor. We had asked for a king bed and we got 2 single beds, so my kid had to sleep in between mattress. It was an option provided at booking time, and still was ignored. I was really upset about this. The food was ok but not as good as in the turkish resorts we have visited before. There were about 10-15 hot dishes (some were the same every day), some cold dishes, and not enough fruit: they had apples all the time, few grapes, green bananas, mellons and some fruits in syrup. I was looking forward for some local strawberries but none were offered. The pizzas has a weird taste, probably because of the cheese. The restaurants are ok but many of the dishes are the same. The drinks offfered are identical and not that varied. I was very excited about the playground untill i saw it is from 3 years up, so my little one 1,5 years didn't really get to enjoy it. We were surprised it took around an hour to get from the airport with the shuttle. We thought it would be 30 minutes... if you want to go by public transportation remember to wave to the driver of the bus to stop, otherwise he will drive past you in the bus station.

The resort is very nice and has many facilities like hairdresser, towels for beach, restaurants, bowling etc. The room was ok, beds were comfortable, staff was very kind. The public bud station is right next to the resort, there is also a nice beach across the road. There is an indoor pool which was usually warm ( Thursday it was pretty cold ). The food was good, and you can get something to eat all day.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great Experience
    • Double or Twin Room

I hated the coffee. They need to change this aspect of the services. There were only a few coffee machines and then it tasted awful.

The staff is excellent. The free cocktails are a huge bonus and help to creative a fun social atmosphere . The experience for us was quite enjoyable.

A perfect hotel for families
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

A perfect place for a families with children. All Inclusive really worked and there was food and beverages available during the whole day. Maybe not the best place for a single traveler like me, but hotel was very clean and personnel was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great hotel, great location, everything covered!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Could've been better selection of fish and vegetables. And also fruits.

The room was very nice with great view and clean. I liked that food was served all day long so I needn't worry that I missed my breakfast if I had a lay in. I liked that you can choose different restaurants for dinner. Loction- very good to connect to other parts of Malta by public transport which was a great bonus for us!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Excellent stay!

Leaving 😩 Other than that no faults

This holiday was a special one for us as we were traveling with our baby for th first time (under one) from start to Finnish I couldn't fault the resort ! It had absolulty everything and more we could of asked for ! Rooms and hotel throughout was absolutely imaculate! Rooms spacious . So many activities and amentinies available ! Food was suburb and the choices were limitless! Nicest staff I've ever came across! Wil defiantly be back next year x

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Enjoyed our stay very much, (gained weight)!!!!! Ease of access to Midina/Gozo
    • Double or Twin Room

Availability of booking alternative meal options on arrival. No alternative available until our last evening. i.e. American/Orient. Consideration of new arrived customers could be introduced giving a chance for those to experience an alternative choice on arriving. I personally believe that the Laguna meal choice is not really required at 15.00hrs. Drinks at pool side much more appreciated. The young men employed in the entertainments were noisy and often annoying disturbing the peace/quiet of trying to relax at the pool side. They would be better employed at motivating younger children to attend the functions provided and leave the 'Older generation' to decide for themselves.

Variety of wine on tap for all meals, ease of selecting meals, quality and preparation of food. Varied choice of menus. The swimming pool excellent (maybe very crowded in high season)? Cocktails etc. Overall it was very good value for money.

Excellent place to stay in Malta
    • Double or Twin Room

Having to book the other restaurants is a bit restrictive. Location a little bit secluded if walking but haven't really got anything bad to say.

Food and drink plentiful all day with lots of choice. Friendly staff especially animation crew. Lovely big well equipped rooms, we were upgraded to pool view family room at no extra cost. Little touches like a cake with.happy birthday left in our room for my husband as he was 50 whilst there.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Wonderful stay with excellent food and facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

The cleaning staff were lovely. Always a smile and cheery word but the front of house especially in the restaurant should learn to smile a little. Most looked like they really didn't want to be there and resented their customers.

Very comfy and very clean.

Browse db Seabank Resort + Spa traveller photo gallery