Reviews of The Palace - AX Hotels 5 stars

High Street, SLM1542 Sliema, Malta

#6 of 31 hotels in Sliema

Horrible WiFi! Improvements required
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Horrible internet - wasn’t able to use my phone during the whole stay (big downside); completely unacceptable for a hotel that charges €200 per night! The room ran out of water for a couple of hours the last day Drinking water is not complimentary and you have to buy it!

Good breakfast Nice pool Friendly staff Good location Clean and cozy

I generally recommend this hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The noice of the A/C in the room. There is sometimes a smell in the hotel (specially in the room corridors which I dont like. It is maybe because the carpets)

The staff was very helpfull. The SPA is very good The terapists in the SPA are excellent.

Superb hotel all around - with an awesome rooftop pool. Easy walk to the beaches.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Fitness center is too small. Would be nice if hotel could provide free passes to local gyms.

Very spacious and quiet room with a nice balcony. Good size bathroom with separate shower.

Can't wait to head back to Malta !!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

I feel the price we paid was substantially higher then it should of been for just a hotel room, 4 night stay (no food/drink included) Especially after several guests informed me they paid less then I did and we had a horrid view, from our room. So As much as I love Malta, I don't think I would stay at this hotel again.

Malta as a whole is beautiful. Friendly people, lovely scenery, great food and plenty of activities to do

Good city hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The bathroom was quite tight, no counter space and the bath itself was raised so harder to get in/out of.

Very comfortable bed, good choice for breakfast and it’s nice to be able to sit outside for it too

Quality hotel with extensive services
    • Executive Double Room

Our flight arrived before 9 am and due to that we asked beforehand for an early check-in, which we were willing to pay for. The room wasn't ready when we arrived at the hotel, which was understandable. However, we had to wait after 3 pm for our room because the front desk personnel forgot to inform us that our room was ready. The lady from the front desk didn't even apologize to us for the mishap. As entrepreneurs we suggest that in future cases it could be wise to offer guests temporary room for extra price until the actual room is ready - there were rooms available on our arrival day and even on 3 pm.

This was our second time in the Palace. The view from the 7th floor was stunning compared to the lower level room, where we stayed last time. The housekeeping personnel were very attentive and friendly. Even though if we slept later, they cleaned our room in the afternoon. The hotel has also Prestige Cabs Malta office, which is very handy. The drivers are very friendly and the cars are cozy. The rooms are well-equipped. You can connect your own laptop to the tv using HDMI and watch for instance, Netflix. The Internet connection is very good and every room has its own WLAN AP.

A good 4 star hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

It's not a 5 star hotel. Many of the amenities which make a hotel 5 stars just weren't there. (Think paper cups at the pool). It is however an excellent 4 star hotel.

The balcony was very big, in fact much bigger than I imagined. The rooms were massive and well-stocked. Staff was attentive and helpful.

Beatiful and enjoyable experience
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

I celebrated my 50th birthday in the hotel. The view was spectacular. I love the hotel. It’s very clean and comfortable . The staff are very helpful and friendly . The food was very tasty and l always enjoyed the breakfast , so many food to choose from . I will definitely go back .

Great Stay, defo coming back.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Only one thing which was a little annoying is that when we order food and then asked to cancel it immediately after ordering it, they made it difficult but eventually cancelled it.

Hotel was Amazing and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Great Place to be in Sliema
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Hard to find... i didn't find anything.

Everything! The location of the Hotel is close to everything (Ferry, bus station, shore, shopping center, banks, church, etc.). It has a great Spa on 7th Floor (one if the best massages), and a Pool on the Roof (8th Floor) that views all Sliema and byond. Staff very freindly, knows English, and helped me in everything (even they arragned a AC converter for me). 3 Days were Perfect for My Wife and I for a our Weekend in Malta.

Great location, decent facilities. Recommend as a place to visit unless you are in the hot months
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

noisy air conditioning with aggressive energy efficiency policy bathroom could be bigger

Big room, marvelous view from the balcony, prefect location, quality breakfast

Wish I stayed somewhere else
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The bed was very soft and not comfortable Feels like you are laying on the floor. They changed our room and the mattress was even softer. Shower was leaking and bathrooms have the shower over bath concept. The hotel staff isnt very service driven in comparison to other 5 star hotels and it doesn't look like the pictures on booking.com.

The pool area was nice

Very luxurious and well managed property.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

I loved the view from the balcony, the pool was fantastic and the beds were very comfortable. Great location near restaurants, shopping and the harbor. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Very good staff access to the concierge, which was very...
    • Executive Double Room

I had a beautiful room with a large terrace overlooking half of the city with harbour. Buýt the great impression, was ruined by the noise of a some device, apparently on the roof, durint the whole night. I originally thought it was an air conditioning fan, but I finally turned it off, but the disturbing noise remained.

Very good staff access to the concierge, which was very willing to meet the guest's wishes

Last muinute booking, lived up to expectation and I would recommend for Sliema
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Towels and bedding feel a little damp, due to the humidity in Malta, so travellers should expect this. The beds are perhaps softer than one would expect in a hotel, but I found comfortable. It's not the prettiest of views from the hotel. If you want uninterrupted sea views from your balcony, this is not the hotel for you.

A very warm welcome from professional and friendly staff. Every effort was made to arrange early room access and although not mentioned, I expect we had a room upgrade. Having noticed it was my birthday during the stay a cake was swiftly arranged and put into the room, which was a lovely thought. I would say nothing is too much trouble for the Reception and Concierge staff. Fabulous roof-top pool (sadly too cold to use) but also a very nice indoor pool. The Hot Stone massage was wonderful. I assume this hotel has facilities for disabled guests as there is a pool seat available. We chose to eat outside the hotel, so cannot comment accurately, but I gather Breakfast was extensive.

Great hotel and lovely, comfortable stay!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The coffees at breakfast were from a machine and could have been fresher but other than that everything was great.

This hotel is great and the location is fab. The pool on the roof is something I would definitely go back for even if it was a bit cold ! It was April though so to be expected!!

Our short stay to Malta, was made most enjoyable by the friendly people that we met.
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

The hotel sits up a slight hill so it was a struggle for me with breathing problems to return on foot, however the first port of entry is the outside bar, to rest and quenche my thirst and get my breath back.

We were upgraded from junior suite to a textured suite, this had a large bedroom with sitting and dining area and large bathroom with separate shower, great views from large balcony, it had a woa factor. The breakfast had everything that you would expect plus more, from eggs, cereals and fruits. Roof top terrace with infinity pool was amazing with great views all around. We did not try everything such as the spa and massage or evening meals but what I heard from other residents that we met they were more than pleased. The staff and service was exceptional, making our short break very enjoyable, a big thank you to all.

Generally a comfortable stay in good location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The shower really let the room down .small shower with curtain and nowhere to put shower gels etc There was alot of damp araising 2 foot up wall from bath/ shower on the wall backing them.

The size was excellent

Stylish, Clean and friendly hotel in a central location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Stylish furnishings in the lobby. Excellent infinity pool with views over valletta and indoor pool with great loungers and outdoor balcony. The location was excellent. Mid way between St Julians and Valetta ferry port close to Sliema for shops.

Nice hotel, disappointing for a 5 Star
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

For a 5 star hotel with a requested king size bed, I was disappointed to find it was 2 single beds pushed together. All other 5 stars I have stayed at have a continuous king mattress. Also, the bathroom facilities were poor. Again, I have stayed in many hotels, and even 4 star hotels always have a separate shower. We were extremely disappointed to find our shower was above a bath, as my fiancé is 6 foot tall & couldn’t fit under it. The bathroom in general was poor. For hygiene purposes, I would expect a toilet to have a full door to separate it from the main bedroom, however not so at The Palace.

Large bedroom, very friendly staff, good location.

Excellent break in the sun for a week
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Hot food in Tabloid restaurant for breakfast often only Luke warm, this should be better for a 5* hotel. Temp fusion restaurant on top floor seemed expensive and menu not to our liking (Maybe just us, but others guests we spoke to had a similar view, not just UK guests) it's Asian fusion, we both like Indian food but after going through the menu we gave it a miss. Pool on roof is not heated so unable to use even though temperature was mid 20's C, for a 5* hotel it should be heated at least in April/May and September/October like they do in the Canaries. This would make for a much better all year round facility. On check-out was charged twice, still not got refund, but I am sure I will eventually.

Location good, but not good if you have any walking concerns, hilly/steps to access water front from hotel on foot. Beds very comfy. Food good in both the Tabloid and Talk of the Town restaurant, not too expensive for 5* hotel. Indoor pool and spa lovely. Staff really care. Nice rooftop area to sunbath, although can be a bit windy (Malta can be..)

We were looked after brilliantly. Loved this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fantastic hotel, staff wonderful, facilities are excellent, roof infinity pool a lovely place to spend time. Location is fantastic. Had a brilliant stay, food was superb and choice of food amazing. Would stay again 100%.

Excellent breakfast and good pool area.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Waiters were too quick to clear plates . Internal room - this wasn't clear on booking.com that it would be an internal room.

Excellent breakfast and good pool area.

Facilities were exceptional.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Comfort room was disappointing - no windows outside and only one plug socket which was inconveniently located.

Facilities were exceptional. Great roof top pool area and spa.

Great stay celebrating friends birthday. Banquet dinner in the top floor dining area was fabulous.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Shower leaked in bathroom = very wet floor. Swimming pool was rather cold (but early in season)

large comfortable bed. Very helpful staff. Excellent breakfast.

View from the balcony is good, though because of my room is...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking is not convenience.

View from the balcony is good, though because of my room is on the 8th floor there's no roof for the balcony might be disturbing during rainy days.

Central location, nice food
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The beds, if you were upgrading (like we did) you would expect a double or king size, not two singles put together. The bells on one side of the hotel- couldn't sleep. Unexpected charge for car park, which wasn't mentioned on checking in. Key cards to our room constantly not working which resulted in numerous trips to the desk.

Handy location, central enough. Floyd was very helpful in ensure our stay was satisfactory. Breakfast very nice and also lunch/dinner. Facilities top notch.

Room was big and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was some annoying red light blinking in the room during the night. I suppose it's fire alarm or something like that, but it was very disturbing for me. Staff are doing their best to keep cleanliness at the top level but the rooms are a little bit outdated and you can get impression that cleanliness could be better.

Room was big and comfortable. Large bed, very comfy. Fantastic breakfast. Great staff. We were worried about the church bells, but now, after out stay at The Palace hotel I can tell you: don't worry at all.

My third visit to The Palace/Victoria , and have enjoyed our stay each time.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

At breakfast, waiters should be pro active in replenishing teas and coffees. Often, there was a long wait for the coffee/tea machine. Friends of ours were placed in an atrium room with no outside view. Not pleasant - beware of this when booking.

Rooms were spacious with a small balcony with a view over to Valletta.

Got inappropriate money withdrawal after checkout and leaving
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Gym Access

I was given a receipt with one sum which I paid, then I checked out and then left for the airport right when I was additionally charged 128 euro with no receipt and no reason, just charged! which I learned when I got a message from my bank. I would need to contact property now and this is ridiculous..

Nice hotel with good facilities but not really 5 stars
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's not really a 5 star hotel. The rooftop pool was not prepared. The water was cold, and the bar was closed most of the time. The season maybe didn't started yet, but they should have prepared a little for the existing customers. The interior pool is also much smaller than it looks in the pictures. Some of the rooms have a very unpleasant view facing an interior wall. We were the lucky ones to get one of those rooms :(

Friendly staff and well maintained hotel. Not really 5 stars but a good 4.

First room (Comfort room with window to internal courtyard)...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

First room (Comfort room with window to internal courtyard) was equipped wth three beds and an open bathroom. Because of the bath room we requested to change. They arranged a change on the next day. This room not only had a seperate bathroom (with a bathtube) it came with a balcony and a nice view of a church accross the street. There was of course a bit more street noise but nothing which bothered us. Unfortunately we couldn`t use the swimming pool and the fitness Studio. A cold kept us away. Excellent breakfast. However, no fish, e. g. smoked salmon. Very gold location. A supermaket just arround the corner and only a short walk to the Ferry to Valletta. Good Wifi.

Various good food and very tasty croissants, good location...
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Gym Access

Mistakes at charging for the room: when I arrived the half price was already payed but receptionist decided to try to additionally charge me the full price (without my presence and knowing) which I noticed at night when I started to receive messages from my bank. The next day another person at reception helped with the situation though another price (higher) was counted for unknown reasons. Very weird situation. That was my 2nd visit of the Palace hotel, and the 1st visit just a month ago was OK while the 2nd one brought problems which I needed to solve.

Various good food and very tasty croissants, good location and nice clean rooms. I especially liked the terrace and a small coffee machine at my room.

Relaxing, comfortable, stylish.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My trip was too short :)

Perfect location. Room was specious with amazing view. I really appreciated the great service and the beyond. I will be back very soon.

Fab hotel great for a special occasion or just have
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

We had a very good room, but no outside window which we had requested, which was a shame.

It was a great hotel staff were very attentive and helpfully. The breakfast was amazing everything you could possibly want. There was a good bar to have a drink after an enjoyable day.

It was one of the nicest hotels we stayed in.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

It was one of the nicest hotels we stayed in. Nice staff, extra clean, great location. If I ever go back, this hotel is going to be my number 1 choice

We very much enjoyed our stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The restaurant food quality was not of the same high standard as there at of the hotel. Breakfast though was excellent

Magnificent room with view over Valletta Staff was very friendly and professional

Great selection for breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bath towels weren’t very big or soft.

Great selection for breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Got 2 great recommendations for local restaurants.

Flawed beauty
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Although the hotel is beautifully designed, sadly there are several notable flaws. Firstly, the shower doesn't work. The shower head is set too low, so I had to stoop, and it didnt have enough power for me to stand back. The restricted bath design also means that twice, stepping out of the shower, I banged my head badly on a pointless towel rack installed at head height. Worst of fall, on the Executive floors (7 and 8), there is insufficient sound installation and no floor carpets. So I suffered from the excruciating overhead sound of furniture being dragged along the floor early in the am and late at night for 3 days. To be fair to the hotel, I'm sure they would have found me another room, but this doesn't mitigate the fact that the design is flawed. Its just a matter of chance of whether you get a noisy neighbour overhead or not...

super friendly and helpful staff. The Spa, although modest, was also good. The Gym was well equipped.

We were greeted with welcome drinks.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

We had paid in advance but yet they tried to charge us at the check-in and check-out. We also paid the tourist tax upon arrival but they tried to charge it again at check-out. Check-out was at 12 but the cleaner was trying our door since 10 waking us up! We visited on low season and couldn't get late check-out. Room had a bit wear and tear.

We were greeted with welcome drinks.

A real break!

Liked everything

Everything was perfect. They also went the extra mile and provided complimentary wine and cake for my birthday. They also checked whether their restaurant Temptasian would accommodate my little picky eater. They sorted that out too for us..

Great location with excellent staff and facilities.Rooftop is wow
    • Executive Double Room

The decor was a bit tired in places. The room was hot but the aircon too noisy to put on this would be a problem for me in the summer. The rooftop pool was cold which is to be expected in January but disappointed I couldn't take advantage of this. The Marion Mizzi spa treatments on the 8th floor, like other hotels, were expensive but this is a different company to the Palace. Mainly minor details.

The staff were all outstanding..The consierge, Andrew, met me with a warm greeting, took my luggage to my room and showed me it..Nothing was too much trouble for him. Also Astrid, on reception, was helpful,knowledgeable, polite, professional and kind. She really looked out for me.The girls cleaning the rooms on floor 7 were also friendly and courteous. The location of the hotel is in a quiet, safe residential area but 5 minutes walk in one direction is the sea and the Point Shopping Centre, the harbour and the ferry terminal for Valletta, cafes, restaurants, bars and boat excursions is 5 minutest he other way so it's very convenient. It has many facilities including 2 restaurants, a cafe bar lounge, a gym, sauna and heated indoor pool as well as a spa. However the rooftop with its infinity pool and amazing panoramic views is definitely the best part..take a camera. The breakfast hot food is actually hot and there's also cereal, cold meats, fruit, cheeses, rolls etc provided. The executive room i was in was spacious with plenty storage , a free minibar and large comfortable bed. I'd say all I'm all its value for money

good hotel for good value, recommended for everybody
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

deluxe room bathroom was used / rusty only one pool which was a bit cold (30-32 celsius), no jacuzzi in wellness

delicious food, kind staff, everything was nice!

Not the best
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Valet Parker moved my car to the underground car park and suddenly there’s was a huge scratch on the back bumper which cost €450 from my insurance excess to put right. When I mentioned it to the hotel manager, he offered us a free drink - not helpful at all

Beautiful place but poor location - terrible views.

Very good ratio value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noisy air conditiong unit and installation. All floor is covered with ceramic tiles so walking without sleepers is uncomfortable.

Very comfortable bed and pillow, excellent breakfast,

Excellent service, the concierge, the view from the top...
    • Executive Double Room

Well, the room was falling appart: the bed, the door. But everything got fixed very quickly by the maintenance guys right after first call to receptionist.

Excellent service, the concierge, the view from the top floor room!

Pleasant stay. Good value for money.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The room was a bit noisy. You can hear people from the street. The door of the room was hard to open, had to push a bit to get in. The furniture starts to get a bit old it had some scratches and there was a hole in the curtain.

Big room and bathroom. Huge and comfy bed. Good breakfast but it was too expensive,18 euros, we paid there for it. The staff was nice and helpful.

A GOOD CITY BREAK
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

WELL POSITIONED FOR THE TOURIST BUSES ,FERRIES AND ACCESS TO VALETTA. CLOSE TO SEA SIDE WALKS AND SOME RESTAURANTS. GOOD FACILITIES (GREAT VIEW FROM ROOF TOP POOL) AND VERY HELPFUL STAFF.

Perfect !
    • Suite

Perfect.

The Suite was just Incredible!! I booked a designer suite for my partner birthday. The team prepared a nice cake, and a very nice Merlot! I can only recommand The Palace hotel! We will definitly come back.

Excellent breakfast and spa.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The room had an annoying humming noise throughout the night and we could hear running water early in the morning. There was no complementary drinking water on Christmas day. The double bed was 2 beds pushed together which wasn't very comfortable.

Excellent breakfast and spa. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Mediocre at best!
    • Executive Double Room

Original room (executive double) booked was a disaster from start to finish. Horrendous decor. Cheap and distasteful with some 4* rooms being far superior. Toilet effectively within bedroom as only partial wall around toilet, right near bed! Awful view from this first room of AC units and other buildings obscuring this ‘sea view’. Miserable night time receptionist. No food offered after 11, told no cocktails or snacks. Went to bar and got what we asked for and had been told was not sever at that time. Sheer laziness!

Fragrance suite had a good theme and well laid out with a pleasant view from the balcony.

Very pleasant and enjoyable apart from the little irritants
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The shower glass leaked onto the floor, I was charged for a beer out of the minibar - which I had to challenge. I asked for decaf coffee but needed to re-ask at reception to get it.

The size of the room was good, the bed was comfy and there were ample towels

Not a 5* but a truly good 4*
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Restaurant is relatively small, with little space to put a larger spread of food out in the buffet. Variety for the dinner buffet was lacking for a five star, but food was good. Bath had a spring loaded cap, not allowing you to have a bath, but just a shower within the bath. Cafe food was simply poor and expensive

The Buffet Breakfast had a wide selection of food. Coffee making facilities in room.

City views and relaxation in one!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The staff on Reception and in the Restaurant in the evening were efficient and austere, lacking the welcoming tone that would have made the stay perfect. However, the weekend breakfast staff and the housekeepers were delightful and couldn't do enough to help.

Beautiful architecture and impressive from the moment you walked through the door. Opulence in the chandeliers in reception to the smooth and speedy mirrored glass interior of the lifts. Though it was too cold to go in, the infinity pool on the roof makes the views of Sliema and Valletta in the distance even more stunning. The breakfast was delicious and choices of hot and cold food, fruit, pastries and made to order omelettes along with much more was tremendous. Themed dinners in the evening gave choice and a chance to sample Lebanese, Maltese, Mediterranean and other cuisine.

As ever, I loved it. Home from home

The bells at 6am

I've spent many nights here (180+) on business over the years and highly recommend it. They've even stopped the Church bells ringing all night, but they do start again at 6am

Centrally located, food was fantastic and the spa/gym facility perfect
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food was absolutely fantastic. Every night there was a different theme for the food, very exciting. The spa and work out facility was excellent.

Good holidays
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Three single beds instead of a double bed (as was requested) did not create a cosy atmosphere; it rather created the impression of a shared hostel room. The indoor pool too warm, the room hot and humid. Luckily, the outdoor pool was available also in November, thank you!

Helpful, kind, professional staff. Excellent breakfast, wide choice, delicious food. Beautiful views from the rooftop outdoor pool. In the room, tea and coffee facilities and complimentary water made us feel welcome.

Great hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel was really good and although it's not directly by the sea we could enjoy the sea view both from our balcony as well as the infinity pool located on the roof. We got a complementary upgrade to executive suite which was very nice of the hotel staff. The room was just amazing - spacious, modern and very clean. The room service as well as the prices in the restaurant and bar downstairs were reasonable and the food was very well presented and tasty. The staff was always polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

I´ve been to better looking 3* hotels to be honest. But I still enjoyed my stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Furniture in our room reminded me of eastern block in early 90ies. Suspicious stain on the rug. Bathroom could use some extra maintenance, some little corrosion here and there, no big deal. What I absolutely do not understand was the gap in the wall between bedroom and bathroom. I would love to know what the intention was. Propably not privacy.

Nice, helpful and professional staff, breakfeast absolutely perfect, great location, amazing view.

Upon arrival we where made feel very welcome and found the hotel and staff a really nice experience.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The coffee in your cafe is really well made

Really liked the staff of your hotel found them all really friendly and welcoming and found they went the extra step to make our stay better.

Great staff!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Our air conditioning didn't work as we wanted. We had 16.degrees but it was very warm. We had to open the door but there was a lot of traffic and a huge church with a bell that went quite often.

Great staff!

Nice location, not very far from the seaside and station to...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Just one thing that we booked for a double room for our honeymoon, and we confirmed at the front desk when we checked in that it was a double room. However, when we got into the room and found out that it was actually a twin room. Then we contacted the staff, and was told to put the two beds together... and there were nobody came to deal with it even after three calls, so we just did it ourself finally...

Nice location, not very far from the seaside and station to Valetta. And also close to supermarket and restaurants. Staffs there was helpful. Room is quite large and can see the sea from the room. The roof pool and the Asian restaurant was surprisingly nice.

Very good
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

In general, the furniture is a bit outdated. Also, the bathrooms could use new sanitary objects.

The hotel is located in a very good location, close to shops, restaurants and the ferry to Valletta. The bed is comfortable and very large ;) Big plus. Excellent breakfast. Also the Asian restaurant on the 9th floor is worth a visit. We were very pleased that the hotel changed our room ( some of the comfort rooms have the window towards the inner lobby, which is mentioned on the website but in other words). We really appreciated! Thank you.

Wonderful. I would stay again and recommend this place to my friends and family.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Didn’t like the kettle being so high up above the safe. Dangerous. Awkward. Safe could be put in a wardrobe/shelf. If you had more drinks, choices, and nuts and nibbles in the mini bar I would have used it.

Staff so friendly. Helpful. Hotel beautiful. Room was lovely and modern and clean. Beds so nice. Beautiful pool rooftop and bar was lovely. Really nice bathroom and shower etc. Lovely to receive water everyday. Gift of wine and macaroons were very nice too. Good food in bar and breakfast nice too.

Very good accommodation, good location, excellent staff, delightful weather for late October; ideal.

Nothing of note

Staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make this a pleasurable stay, albeit this was a business trip - next time it will hopefully be a vacation.

Good stay,spoilt by poor service in bar and poor food in restaurant. More supervision needed.
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

Evening meals in The Tabloid restaurant were very mundane , joints of meat were cooked very rare , often went out as there was nothing to our taste Poor service and long wait in Talk of the Town bar .

Junior Suite provided excellent views over Valletta harbour. Good location for access to Silema harbourfront,providing access to buses and boat trips

Very relaxing weekend, amazing view, lovely hotel.

Sea view was amazing. Very comfortable room with a separate toilet from the bathroom which is perfect. Bath and a separate shower. Room service was excellent. Will visit again.

Fab hotel in amongst not alot
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Lots of areas of the spa were broken. And it was a long way to walk anywhere decent for drinks / dinner outside the hotel. You need a taxi

Food menu. Breakfast. Suite.

A great value break in a central location

Nothing to dislike,

The staff are exceptional- nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The concierge and room service staff were very chatty when we took the same lift and all staff were well trained and knew their product.

Not a 5* experience, avoid atrium rooms (639 is one)
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

Room had no windows that would open and faced into an atrium - view of corridors & windows. Hardly any natural light. Aircon useless (& loud) despite asking for it to be repaired twice. Booked double bed, got 2 single beds. Woken by repair man entering our room. Asked him to come back later when we'd be out, but still had to ask again anyway. Freezing pools - both indoor & outdoor colder than the sea. Mattresses too soft & dirty pillows. Lift doors hit me at least 3 times. Too much upsell before & after massage. Exposed & grubby toilet brush in bathroom. Guacamole with tacos came out of a packet. Not fresh (not sure why as it's incredibly easy to make..). Check in felt like a marketing exercise, why do you need my email address on arrival?

Great location Good massage Bar area quite nice Good wifi

Comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

5 star price but not the 5 star experience. Was very windy when we stayed and all night it sounded like outdoor furniture was been blown about. Very poor sleep. Made staff aware of this.

Comfortable bed. Spacious room. Beatiful view. No issue with church bells.

• Junior Suite with Balcony

The temptasian restaurant wasn't excellent it was just okay - it was very pricey and it didn't feel like value for money. The wine we drank was 10euro more exprnsive per bottle there compared to 2/3 other venues. We found a brilliant sushi restaraunt down the street for half the price. The lunch during the day was also the same...below par. I ordered a snack platter from the downstairs cafe -bar one evening and the bread was stale, dips were gloopy and overall disappointing.

The suite we stayed in was beautiful. The pool area is very nice and the spa is Excellent! The breakfast service was also great. Staff were very helpful and room service (cleaning) was excellent

Great stay with very friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room felt a bit outdated and some maintenance could be done on the bathroom.

Great looking pool on top of the hotel with a breathtaking view. Super friendly staff and some very nice restaurants within the hotel with a good value for money menu and special offers. Close to the Valetta ferry, shopping mall and beach.

Really impressed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Really impressed. Great rooftop pool and bar, nice sauna and steam room. Staff very attentive. Probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (superior room) and was enormous. Excellent breakfast too. Weekend break and hotel ideal for this. We will be back

We were accommodated an early check-in as requested and...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room Non Balcony Room

The mirror in the bathroom faced a window which placed one in silhouette.

We were accommodated an early check-in as requested and upgraded to a suite to our great pleasure. Very spacious, all amenities present, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, large terrace with sun loungers and more. Breakfast while seated outdoors and a healthy choice of goodies to boot. Well worth another visit.

Browse The Palace - AX Hotels traveller photo gallery