Reviews of Tropicana Hotel 2 stars

6.2

5.5

4.4

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The location was great, the staff very friendly and it was...

The room was not well maintained and the bed was not comfortable. It did the trick for this stay but I wouldn’t return or recommend.

The location was great, the staff very friendly and it was nice to have a restaurant attached to the hostel so if you were tired you didn’t have to go very far.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

It was good.

The view of the room was awful. There were two heating machines in front of the window, so opening te windows hot air came in.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was continental, and enough.

Perfect located if you like to party.
    • Economy Twin Room

Rooms are small and there are not many sockets in the room. it was 2 stars - that's what we expected anyway.

The stuff was really nice and helpful! AC in the room. The hotel is a bit old school - but for this price it is optimal & breakfast was included. Top! The location was perfect as we wanted to party a bit. Rooms were quiet.

This hotel was very basic.
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds were pretty hard; coffee was instant 🤢. The bars/restaurants were pretty loud and noisy.

This hotel was very basic. It’s a 2-star hotel but it’s so cheap, you can’t even be mad that it’s not luxurious. The best things: it was CLEAN (and continuously being cleaned); the staff was nice; free continental breakfast (cereal, toast, deli meats, cheese); A/C in the room; balcony; private bathroom; right downtown near many attractions, tours, restaurants & bars. It served its purpose—and the money saved could be used on other fun things in Malta.

Great value, nice room and attentive staff
    • Standard Twin Room

Better carpets and more modern blankets would give it a more luxurious feel

The Best Two star hotel in the world. It was clean and comfortable and in the heart of the resort. It had a 24 hr bar and restaurant which most 5 star hotels don't have. If you are expecting luxury you'll be disappointed , but if you want a clean, comfortable well appointed room in the heart of the resort then it's great value for money

The shower knobs were very hard and the bathroom furniture...

The shower knobs were very hard and the bathroom furniture (especially the shower) was outdated and partly broken. Other hotel guests were extremely noisy during sleeping time and the hotel staff did not do much about it. On the last day there were ants on the croissant tray and when I pointed it out to the waiter the answer was superficial and unhelpful.

Location is perfect.
    • Standard Twin Room

Air conditioning was not working and it took around 24h for someone to come and check it, only after several reminders it was fixed.

Location is perfect.It is a budget place and overall is a good choice.

Average service
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff wasn't attentive, they have a side business of food delivery which comes first before hotel staffing. The breakfast is lacking. Bread, sausage and cereal.

Good location, proximity to stores, clubs and beach.

For a two-star hotel, it is a wonderful one!
    • Standard Twin Room

For a two-star hotel, it is a wonderful one! The staff is extremely helpful, the breakfast is excellent, everything is clean, the linen is changed every two days! The location is perfect, as well!

Not what I booked

Blood spots on the carpet, the air conditioned didn't work, Mould in the shower, Mould inside the fridge. The 1st day I checked in at about 13.00 and went for a walk, leaving all lights switched off expressingly. When I came in later all lights were on so I asked the reception staff what had happened. The blonde girl (who doesn't speak but English and Maltese: no French, no Italian, no Spanish, no Portuguese) replied that it was the cleaning staff. I replied it was impossible as I had just arrived at midday and the room was "done". She said then that it had been the maintenance staff (but the air conditioned still didn't work!!). Even in 4****hotels maintenance staff don't enter the guests rooms in their absence... when they are out "just for checking that everything is OK". It is a complete lack of respect for privacy!!! Only after 2 days asking for another room (clean and according to what I had booked and paid) and with the help of Nikkita and incountable calls to Booking staff asking to respect the contract, I could move to another room. The 2nd day, the manager said that I should pay a plus to be moved to a double room... that I didn't need!!! I just wanted then respecting the individual room I had paid for: clean, with air conditioned and a decent wifi signal (the blonde girl at the reception told Booking staff that I hadn't entered the good password...I am not stupid!! ... The manager wanted me to speak but the only solution for her was paying more money for a double room that I didn't need...and I had a cruise to the islands I couldn't miss because of their lack of respect to the booking I had paid for!!! The jet from the shower was weak (I sent a video to Booking, as well as pics proving it all). Last but not least, I asked for a complaint form and the blonde girl replied that they didn't have such forms (they're compulsory by law within the EU!!!!

Nikkita. The only person who did something to solve the different problems.

An excellent hotel that is not too expensive and has a great location.
    • Economy Twin Room

The location is fantastic, near the city center and close to the bus station from which you can travel to every part of the island without too much time slipping.

One lady on reception was very rude and grumpy the whole...
    • Economy Twin Room

One lady on reception was very rude and grumpy the whole time with absolutely disgusting customer service skills . The room had dust mites so bad that I sneezed all night and bed bugs that my friend was bitten so much. The sheets even had little rips from bugs. Bathroom was so dirty

i can recommend this hotel if you are on a low budget...
    • Economy Twin Room

well i was staying only b/b and i say for that price it was ok.... we had our room cleaned and we where respected from the stuff.... we only had a problem from other guest teens that where bothering us and shouting true the night ......but that is not body s foult....

Hotel is fine and the stuff helps you a lot they infect where very kind with us.... rooms are ok had a tv with a few channels to choose from. good a/c and a small fridge too,,, food was ok also and there s a nice view at the back of the hotel.... they also have good pizza.....

Nothing good to write.
    • Economy Twin Room

To be treated like a clown.

I stayed 03 nights. My room : TV : didn"t worked. Phone : didn't worked. FrigoBar : didn't worked and small like a fish. We complained at night we arrived. They said that they will fix then in the next day. The next day, nothing happened. We complained again. They said that they will fixed durant the day. At night nothing happened. More one day without TV. FrigoBar and phone. I HAD DO PAY IN ADVANCED, THEN I COULN'T LEAVE THE HOTEL. Then in next day, I was very nervous and I did a scandal ......then they changed our room in last night.

Good position, good breakfast choices and good service from...

Room was small and window face on an internal court small and close... sometimes a bit claustrophobic.

Good position, good breakfast choices and good service from the staff.

Work Stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel was very basic and not very modern. There was a lot of roadworks happening outside that started at 7am every morning. The aircon was also very Loud and the TV didn't work

The location was perfect

for couple nigts ok

There were a lot of youth can't say nothing youth is youth but if you would like quiet place to stay you need to find something else. Was noisy 24 hours from 24. Or bring earplugs on you :)

Very friendly staff.

Not very pleasant at all.
    • Economy Twin Room

1. Reception lady chatting to another member of staff ignored us for a while once we arrived, then "served" us while getting on with some other work she had at her desk. 2. Our room had ants (yes, ANTS) in the bathroom. 3. Our room had the tiniest window and barely any light was coming in so our room was very gloomy even during a bright summer day. 4. Breakfast was very limited. Very few items to choose from, not to mention no plant based options for vegans, juices from concentrate and the only fresh fruit was an orange you had to peel and prepare yourself. I understand the price was low and our expectations were not very high, but we have stayed in cheaper and far better quality places EVEN VERY NEARBY, unfortunately they were fully booked and hotel tropicana was our only option. Would not visit again.

Location. If you are after a night in Paceville bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants are all nearby.

Location is amazing- in the heart of parties, 3min from the...

The place needs a bit of investments n it can get a star extra. Towels r very old,cleaning is not thorouh, some small cracks on the wall and bathroom. Rug needs to be changed.

Location is amazing- in the heart of parties, 3min from the beach,3min from the bus. 24/7 kitchen (the food was really good, the breakfast tho very limited,but for amount of money that u pay- quite enough). Receptionist Nikki and Ankur r goin extra mile for the guest.

Tropicana hotel Lakeville malta

Not a lot to dislike it is a 2 star hotel

Clean comfortable staff friendly read some negative reports but for a 2 star budget hotel in a great location good value

Location excellent be aware however building works are ongoing directly across the road.

Single room I was allocated seemed as though a stag party had recently passed through. Worn carpet, loose cistern, cleanish enough room but needed some tlc .

V.G. smart & up to date in the public areas reception, dining room.

Very disappointed!
    • Economy Twin Room

My friend and I spent 8 nights at the Tropicana Hotel on our holidays to Malta. We were, obviously, not expecting a 5-star hotel as we paid a considerable cheap price, but we were expecting at least for a decent service, which we didn't get. The staff never gave us the hotel wi-fi password, they just gave us a password for the restaurant wi-fi, which is located in the hotel lobby, but the signal was horrible and the internet didn't work at all and they never did anything to help us. In one night they forgot to put a pillowcase in one of our pillows, and that was no longer a problem, people forget stuff and that is fine, but when we called the reception to ask for a pillowcase, the receptionist was extremely rude to us, not helpful at all, then, after 15 minutes waiting for a simple pillowcase we asked her again, and she was even ruder when I explained to her that we really wanted to sleep and we were just waiting for the pillowcase. In resume, the pillowcase never came and she never called us with an explanation or apologizing, nothing! We could have gone to the reception or wherever to get the pillowcase if everyone was busy, but she never said anything, she literally didn't care about our solicitation and that was it. As I said, were not expecting for a high-quality hotel, but polite and helpful staff is the minimum that any customer is always waiting for. Wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.

The Indian receptionist was very kind and polite.
    • Standard Twin Room

It’s street parking, not from the hotel and very hard to find a space there

The Indian receptionist was very kind and polite. Sorry, I forgot his name.

pepole very freidly lovely place to visit

as mentioned the Building work opposite the Hotel

Hotel was clean staff helpful food very good only down full was the building work opposite hotel, working and drilling from 6.30am to 8.30pm not Hotels problem, but very noisy and dusty .

The price was good

The room had no light from the window whatsoever. The carpet was filthy, the shower mat was full of black mold and the walls were covered in scuff marks and falling plaster.

The price was good

One night stay June 2018
    • Economy Twin Room

Staff shouting at each other, staff throwing breakfast crockery in the sink, the lift being out of order

The price and the restaurant at the back was nice

Just OK
    • Standard Twin Room

Noise from nearby clubs, loud music and people shouting. It's ok if you want to party over the night but I don't recommend this for people who want to have a proper sleep, especially if you have a light sleep. Some of the staff was great, however some could have more positive attitude towards guests.

Basic facilities - ok if you do not need more than this. A small bathroom, quite comfy bed, a large wardrobe. There is also a fridge in the room which is great to cool down bottles of water over the night. Clean rooms with houskeeping service every day and you always get fresh towels. Enjoyed the breakfast, not too much choice, however it was ok to have something to eat before you go away for all day. Also, you can park your car on the street in fron of the hotel which is convenient, however it is getting full in the evening so be careful because you may not find the space later on.

Good staff good price but not for those who want to sleep more than 3 hours per night

There is though, something very important to know. It is not possible to rest, and sleep from around 7 am when builders from the buildings in construction in the area start to work and for everyone was impossible to close the eyes after that time. It's non responsibility of the hotel but this can surely ruin the holiday.

The location near by the area of bars and restaurants and beach, well equipped the rooms, with nice bathroom and functioning air conditioning

Disastrous, disorganised staff.
    • Quadruple Room

Disastrous, disorganised staff. Booked a "free cancellation" reservation but as soon as i booked they blocked the full amount on my card. Upon check-in receptionist said in was a "non-refundable" reservation but he still asked us to pay...AGAIN.He surely had no clue what free cancellation or non-refundable mean.Information given on Booking.com and reality are total opposite.When we asked to speak to the manager he told us to come back on Monday.We were asked to give 20eur to use the hairdryer...fair enough.When we were going out for the night, the same receptionist told us to get it back because another room needs it. According to him they have 60 rooms. 60 rooms and 1 hairdryer...well prepared I must say!We had to go up again to get it down for him.To use AC and the TV you have to give 10eur for the controller.Phone in the room was not even working.They have a booklet in the room where none of the above mentioned charges are stated.We were told at least 10 times not to get anyone in the room...as if we intended to.On the check-out day the housekeeper started banging on the door at 11.00 (check out is at 11.30)telling us to leave the room.When we told her we will leave the room at 11.30 she replied "Leave room now".You get that feeling that nobody has any idea what is being advertised on Booking.com because they do the opposite or worse.Friendliness and basic knowledge of the hotel where you work can help people get over certain tings - but they definitely don't have any of these.This stay was a memorable experience indeed - now we no the standard at least. PS. Looking forward to get my money transferred back to my card!

Better have another option

You get what you pay, but I found the little room with Beatles on the floor. No problem if you have old furnishings but a minimum of hygiene it is necessary.

A port in a storm I.e. For a night but I wouldn't revisit

See above.

Bed was comfortable though v small. Room was tiny. Shower was hot. Noisy due to building works opposite. Breakfast good. I was late in (3 am) due to delayed flight. Staff helpful. Facilities a little old e.g cracked basin, toilet seat askew, perhaps reasonable given low price?

Felt like I was in a prison cell not an hotel.

The old stained carpet and the dark room.

Staff were very friendly. The room was very small and dark and I had to leave the lights on in the day time. There was a small window however it looked out to a brick wall. Also, don't sit on the blue sofa inside the main door, I did and my new white jeans were ruined because the blue dye came off the sofa. Breakfast was fine.

Overall for the cheap price I have paid the hotel is good value for money. It could not be better.

There is no WIFI in the hotel room. Only in the reception and breakfast area.

Breakfast was good for the price I paid. Location of the hotel was excellent. It could not be better. Room is comfortable. Staff is also very friendly.

We liked the hotel more and more as our week progressed, once we got over the initial glitches.
    • Economy Twin Room

We should've been given information, on arrival, about a few things; especially the lift. We got stuck in the lift because we didn't press the floor selection button long enough, so the lift door closed and the lights went out causing my partner to have a panic attack; wasn't a great start to our visit. We couldn't get the TV remote to work until we asked a member of staff to show us how. We were told off for making a sandwich of scraps we hadn't eaten at breakfast; sandwich was snatched off the tabled, which we thought a little excessive, though the manager was kind enough to apologise to us when we brought it to her attention.

We liked the view of the restaurant below our balcony window, and we loved the restaurant itself, with the open-air part having cascades, pools and plaster, but convincing, rocky cliff faces, palm trees, ambient lighting- and the dinosaur! The food was excellent and the bar and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful. We'd especially like to mention Miloje (not sure of spelling), a Serbian guy who was fantastic! The hotel was surprisingly quiet considering it's surrounded by bars, discos, pubs and niteclubs, though it wasn't high season when we were there. Breakfast was fine, and we enjoyed eating it out on the terrace, and enjoyed the company of some really nice fellow guests, though one of the staff was extremely grumpy(see below).

Enjoyable stay! Friendly and clean ! Value for money .
    • Economy Twin Room

Size of the room was a little small.

The hotel was what we expected for two star, but our stay was made so much better by the helpful polite and friendly staff in the hotel and restaurant.

Not the best Hotel

No Wi-fi in the room ,room very basic , carpet worn out poor quality beds made from chipboard charge for tv and air con remotes fridge did not work . Construction sites start 8 am ,rock breaker noisy . Hotel needs upgrade very dated decor

Bed made ,clean towels every day

We were not happy with the service here and we would definitely not stay here again.
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds, mattresses were not comfortable, the bathroom smelled badly, their open restaurant was extremely noisy with drunks until the early morning. Their wifi is almost non existent. We were told that it was only available in the lobby and restaurant. Not so. Sometimes it would connect but only for a minute or two. when I confronted them they said they were working on it. This is a 7 story hotel and it really has NO WIFI.

The proximity to the the waterfront walkway, the easiness to the bus stop system to go places. It is in a touristy area, therefore there were many places like restaurants within easy walking distance.

Shower facility was ancient and temperature setting was faulty. I object to paying additional deposits for tv and aircon

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

very bad rooms.
    • Economy Twin Room

The worst thing I found that the hotel rooms have no plug points for charging your phone or any electric thing. Guest must deposit money to use TV and Ac. The receptionist looked like grumpy ...No smile ...

Never again in malta
    • Economy Twin Room

The stuff at the reception wasn’t nice and particularly the lady with blond hair was rude all the times! We stay from Friday afternoon to Sunday (2 nights)There were some works next to the hotel and all Saturday it was since 7 am onwards.The noice was so loud you could not sleep or stay in the hotel!! They were a building demolition that starts two weeks ago, and no one told us about this problem, no even when when arrived! I spoke with the manager and for her it was normal because in all malta there are building construction, so it was not their problem we should know it!!! Ridiculous !the management was really unprofessional ! We won’t come back to tropicana hotel and I will advise all the people who is going to malta to avoid tropicana hotel!

Nothing of the hotel

I love the position.

The only thing I stayed in a single room and took me a while to found a plug to charge my phone which I had to ended up using the TV one.. and no wifi signal in the rooms..

I love the position.. I frequent go to Malta.. so its really well located near everything, bus stops, supermarket in the corners, etc..

Poor facilities, not helped by poor weather. Disappointing.

The heating, television, 'phone and lift: hopeless!

Whilst the young staff were helpful and efficient, all electrical facilities, including the lift, were either not working at all or presented a danger to the customer. I was trapped in the lift for fifteen minutes, but received little reaction from the staff.

You must to leave 10 EUR deposit to get remote controls for...

You must to leave 10 EUR deposit to get remote controls for an air conditioning and TV! That's strange! The air conditioning didn't work during the first night, so I was really freezing whole night long (it was late December). Wifi is available only in a lobby. And it never worked properly. All furniture and equipment is very old.

Breakfast at Estilo was ok.
    • Standard Twin Room

1. There was a light on our floor it kept switching on and off and making sounds all night long. 2. Maintenance of the Hotel is disastrous. 3. When we had to leave the room they asked for the key back all the time, and to get it back you only tell them your name and room number, without any confirmation if you are the true person which is renting the room and could easily gain access to the room. 4. We rented the room on New year's eve, While we were preparing before going out two friends tried to come over to our room whilst we were getting ready, they were stopped at the reception as they were not allowed to come in our rooms for free, they asked us to pay 25 euro per person so they could come in our rooms for one hour, they were not going to sleep there, just until we got ready. We had already prepared some drinks and finger food, which we had to throw away. We were not told about this beforehand. They only mentioned that if they were going to sleep t here we had to pay 25 euro per person. 5. The lift was making not so funny sounds as well and sometimes it would be stuck or take a very long time for the doors to open or the lift to respond.

Breakfast at Estilo was ok.

It ruined my holiday.

There was no wifi, it wouldn't even connect in reception. The TV didn't work. There were people shouting in the downstairs bar at 5am which woke me up. I checked out early. The day I checked out there was an overwhelming chemical smell everywhere like they were re-painting. Pay a deposit for the TV and air con remote? Come on..... The single bed was like a prison bed. There was barely enough room to get ready of a morning. The room stank of cigarette smoke. I could go on but basically there was absolutely nothing good about this hotel.....

Good for short stays

There is no internet access from the room. Single room is very small but adequate. Centrally located, may be noisy at times. Breakfast was enough. I recommend this hotel for short stays.

Very bad hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Stay away from this hotel. Its an old hotel. With old defect toulet/door/Lock to door. The hotel is not wurth the money. The toilet did not work. I could not flush down. The doors is old.And the lock is easy for somebody to break thrue i think. A loty of sound all the night from near by disco club. And people who sitt all the night on the restaurant outside there. Terrible. And they dont let you take the kee with you ,when you go out. You have to leave the kee in the reception. It was theyr policy said and not beautiful woman

It was great to check out from this hotel. I was so much regret i book this hotel.

Awful
    • Economy Twin Room

- staff were rude and unwelcoming. - on arrival we were told to 'sit!' without any explanation. After 15 minutes I approached the receptionist only to be told with an air of disdain that she was still find out whether the room was ready and that we had to wait. - the riot act was read out from a piece of paper informing us that we would be responsible for any damage, that noise would not be tolerated etc etc etc. - €10 charge for the air con and TV .... ridiculous. - breakfast was of a very poor quality with the coffee being some of the worst I'd ever tasted! It was positively offensive just like the staff. - breakfast starts at 7, we appeared at 6.50 to find everything laid out but NO! We had to sit there and wait for the clock to chime 7 o'clock exactly even though this was going to make us late to attend our dive centre, which had been explained. - the staff in the laundry room at the end of the corridor were not only loud but appeared to be chain smokers. The smoke quickly found its way under our bedroom door. - shower was reasonable other than having to constantly adjust the temp as it would change from hot and cold continuously. - At £50 a night for a twin room it was a seriously bad choice. Suffering the above may have been worth it if paying hostel prices. Unacceptable. Other than the above I would highly recommend this hotel!

Nothing other than the room appeared clean.

Thank you Malta for welcoming!

The breakfast was awful,without anything hot! No sausages,no porridge, no eggs! 2 weeks only cereal and very bad coffee,juice with water and bananas,oranges, cheese and sausages with toasts

Very good restaurant with polite waiters.

I don't recommend visit to this hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Dirty bathroom, dirty curtains, the room has not been renovated for years, perhaps decades. The lady manager was extremely rude. I have been asking for an invoice for my company fo 3 days (my entire stay). She tried to convince me that a regular receipt is enough and she raised her voice when I insisted on having an invoice.

Beds were OK, queen size. Breakfast was normal, location - very good.

All in all good staff were pleasant.

Note parking is a nightmare hotel doesn't have parking you just have to be lucky. Breakfast is basic continental ham cheese bread cereal etc they serve instant coffee but you only have to ask and serve really good Italian coffee for about 1 1/2 euro.

Nice room. They are on the small side, but my room has just had a new bed, but unfortunately the sheets were to small so most times they ended on the floor. But please note not all rooms have a balcony so make sure you request one on booking. There is ne kettle in room but either a fridge or cooler. So if you like a cuppa take a kettle, other people have said it's too noisy but I found only one night (Saturday). Otherwise window and door kept out noise. Great central location plenty of bars clubs and restaurants nearby. All in all a good budget hotel. In fact would have not booked hire car, as bus open top buses go all over and most are hop on off, as traffic is horrible and driving standards are poor and road surfaces are very slippery be very careful if wet.

• Standard Twin Room

breakfast, size of the room, rooms and hotel needs a big freshening up and especially the NOISE. whichever side you are on, the noise is an absolute disaster and will not let you sleep please be aware of that if you book this hotel! the target group for this hotel is teenagers or young adults and i would highly recommend adding 10 euros to your budget and getting something else.

never ever again
    • Standard Twin Room

Receptionist from hell with an attitude to boost , you're in the hospitality sector

worse hotel I've ever stayed at . period full stop end of story.

poor accommodation
    • Standard Twin Room

I asked for a room in a higher floor when I booked it but they gave me a room in the second floor from the seven floors it has the hotel. Under my room there was a bar with people making noise almost all night. Although the window was double! Moreover the walls were very thin and you could here everybody coming and going from the corridor and when they used the toilet -shower. The breakfast though I had some choices the cheese and butter were left out many hours without some ice to preserve them. I arrived late at night and I wanted to go to sleep as fast as possible and the staff was very slow before she gave me the key. The electric plug was English style and there was no adaptor for the European plug. The bed was too soft and used. I wouldn't stay there since it had two stars only but I couldn't find any room those dates. Last, you need some effort to open the door of the room with the keyhole card.

The bathroom was OK The location good. It has a refrigerator inside the room.

Excellent value for money and close to all the bars and clubs

The orange juice machine didn't work during our stay and the tea/coffee cups could have been larger. That maybe an English thing. We do like a big mug of tea in the morning!

The hotel is basic but clean. The single room I stayed in was small but great for what I needed. Next time I will try for a larger room with a balcony. The location is great and not too noisy. The bar area and staff were always on hand and friendly. The reception is 24/7. I left my charger and cable in the room, Roberta and Louise made sure it got back to me safely. Excellent service. Thank you.

Overall, old and low-cost hotel, but with a great location.
    • Standard Twin Room

No wifi in the rooms. There is wifi in the lobby but very slow and keeps disconnecting. The lobby sofas are full of cat hair from the cats roaming around the whole time. The room floor was dirty. The elevator is super slow. There was water coming in from under the terrace door, not sealed good. Overall, old and low-cost hotel.

The location is very good, a very short walk to lots of bars, clubs, restaurants and a beach nearby. Easy to reach using the X2 and TD2 buses coming from the airport. We were staying on the 6th floor and there was a spacious terrace with a nice view.

Do not stay in this hotel!!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Do not stay in this hotel! Ever! There is a construction going on across the street and you can hear the jackhammer all day long. We were supposed to stay for a week, but had to check out after two miserable days, because we didn't want to be woken up every day at 7am. The noise was unbearable and the hotel manager was so rude and arrogant that I was surprised someone like that is allowed to talk to the customers. Additionally, the toilet didn't flush (we were able to flush it twice a day), wifi never worked and the breakfast was so poor that we had to have another breakfast afterward. Do not stay in this hotel, the lower price is not worth this horrific experience!

There is nothing nice I can say about this hotel, its stuff and the overall experience.

nothing special, good price

The room was not very clean, the moquette was stained as well as the walls. The toilet didn't flush properly and the shower drain went slow. The hotel staff, as well as the restaurant's never smiled. They looked like you were there to bother them. But again, I paid a good price, so I was not expecting much, just a place to sleep at night.

The Hotel is in a good, central area, really well connected with the whole Island of Malta. Just one man at the reception is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice. It was a good price, so I couldn't expect more.

basic, but great location for nightlife and decent value considering the price paid.
    • Standard Twin Room

Instant coffee at breakfast.

A no frills hotel with basic facilities. The staff were helpful and friendly. No complaints considering the price of the room.

if you're after a budget holiday in a two star 'resort' in Paceville with no pool, this is it!

The carpets are dirty and worn, it needs repainting, and most rooms have maintenance issues. It's well overdue for a renovation, although there was some evidence in late September 2017 that the street-facing rooms with balconies ($$) were getting new furnishings.

It has a 24 hour bar and restaurant attached, and offer a children's play centre and entertainment arcade. There's lots of cheap eats, noisy bars and mini markets in the area. So, if you're after a budget holiday in Malta in a two star 'resort' in Paceville with no pool, this is the place for you. They even offer half and full board. The staff, who mostly seemed to be Eastern Europeans on seasonal contracts, tried their best, but often missed the mark.

Good value for money
    • Economy Twin Room

Staff was rude, arguing between them in front of guests. Rooms were small.

Location was great. Lobby was good. Excellent playground for kids. Restaurant working 24 hours. Breakfast was ok

It was good! Good value for your money!
    • Standard Twin Room

the only lift was broken and I had to argue with a receptionist explaining that my mom could not walk up to 6 floor - I had to insist on talking with a manager who could offer another room (the lift was fixed but broken again next day and fixed after 2 days) During breakfast people were not allowed to use a part of a restaurant because it was being cleaned (why cleaning was always done during the time when most people were having breakfast) Last day I also had to insist on talking with a manager to get late check out A piece of advice - talk with a manager! receptionists are not trying to assist you!

Close to everything; possible to eat here; public transportation is very close; artificial sand beach is close by; promenade to Sleima is nearby; in a restaurant a waitress Ania could speak Russian and was extremely helpful. Well done!

Should have paid a little more to stay somewhere else.
    • Economy Twin Room

Staff unfriendly and unhelpful, not made to feel welcome at all. One hairdryer for the whole hotel. Rooms smelled of smoke.

Very central. Close to pubs, clubs, restaurants.

Wouldn't recommend it to no one!!!
    • Economy Twin Room

The room that I had is too small, it had no balcony and didnt like it. Wifi really poor and dont deserve to have 2 stars. A member of staff used my room while I was out and me saw the air conditioner was left on. (I didnt request a remote control for air conditioner coz need to pay €10 deposit) when I complained to the receptionist didnt even say sorry to me. Booking customer service please remove this hotel from your website!!!

Breakfast was a buffet which is good.

You need to buy some adapters for your clients who need it.
    • Economy Twin Room

You need to buy some adapters for your clients who need it. It is normal to have the possibility to borrow it in reception and not to be sent to nearest shop to buy for only some days.

Overall disappointing.

Morning waiter miserable, ignorant & abrupt at times.Slow upon reacting to any problems with room .No toilet seats in communal gents toilet.Continental breakfast options often lacked bread rolls at opening time.

Food was of a good standard.

Air con worked.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing really. It's a 2 star hotel so I've nothing to complain about.

Air con worked. Room was clean. Fridge in the room. Breakfast was good and served until 11am. Friendly staff. Good location. Cheap.

Receptionists are helpfull they can help whatever you want.

Wifi connection is only in public area. When someone is go out from hotel you should give back your key to reception

Receptionists are helpfull they can help whatever you want.

Worth a look at the price

Not being able to take one's breakfast outside into the larger seating area. Rather strange.

Central location in a very buzzy area and plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel itself offered a 24 - hour restaurant and delivery service. Impressive. The shopping area of Bay Street is a short walk away, as is St George's Bay beach.

Don't expect much of this cheap hotel but the front desk service is great
    • Economy Twin Room

The rooms smelled of smoke and were dusty. The beds were Not very comfy and the linens looked old. The hotel also required a deposit to get remotes for the air conditioner and tv but the cable tv didn't work very well so I gave up.

I loved the customer service from the front desk. The young woman with the short blonde hair and piercing was so considerate and helpful. I believe her name was Kathy but this was my first time in Malta and she was so sweet and patient helping me get around town. It was a great help to have that support so that I was safely able to get around Malta, Blue Comino and Gozo.

Bad
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff is rude.it isnt like shown in photos on internet.the rooms are old.fridge in the room didnt work.socket in toilet didnt work,they dont give you an adapter for you to be able to charge your phone .Tv is old.

In the center and close to clubs

Better than expected!

The location is a young peoples partyland surrounded with pubs and clubs not a place to hang about in evening unless you are in that group.

Having read reviews of this hotel I had very low expectations however it turned out to be fine. I had an internal room (window facing another wall) -no view but very quiet at night. The staff were most poilte. The room was small as expected, good air con and clean bar the old carpet on floor. The breakfast was fine. Good value for one night.

Good for clubbing in paceville only

Dropping off the key so every time we left the hotel was really annoying because it would always take a long time to get the keys back when you returned to the hotel due to a long queue of people checking in, also they'd ask you for your room number without checking your name so you could just ask for anyone's key and they'd give it to you. not at all safe for valuables in your room. The breakfast was pretty basic but that's expected for the price, however I do expect the tea to be drinkable at the very least. It was loud going to bed at night because of all the clubs in the area which is expected, so it's only fine if your purpose is to go clubbing

The room was very clean and beds comfy, was glad to see a fridge and air conditioning in the rooms

Location is more than great, you can reach the party street...
    • Standard Twin Room

Fridge did not work, and lack of WIFI in the room makes planning a bit difficult. As everybody goes to the lobby to use WIFi, it often dosen't work.

Location is more than great, you can reach the party street by 1 min walk. Rooms are clean, and we got new towels every day. Beds are comfy, A/C works properly. Breakfast is delicious, in the restaurant they make amazing food.

I Left from the Hotel 1 night before because iwas angry and sad about what happened...

I Tell them to change the room but the Manager was in front of me 2 times and didn`t even talked to me .

The room was like in jail size and the throw the shaft,,,

Browse Tropicana Hotel traveller photo gallery