Reviews of Sofitel L'Imperial Resort and Spa 5 stars

Wolmar, Flic-en-Flac, Mauritius

#6 of 13 hotels in Flic-en-Flac

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Be mindful of the vendors that are on the beach, the will offer trips or souvenirs at very expensive prices. You can probably book for half or even less if you go to town. This is not the hotels fault, just some people like to take advantage of tourists.

My wife and I had an amazing time !! The staff is always looking out for any need you might have. Always with a smile on their face and ready to satisfy any need you can think of. Thank you Parvesh and Alvin, for everything you did for us!! I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone that enjoys a laid back atmosphere. The Spa is on another level!! One of the most beautiful we've been to. Thank you Michele we will not forget you.

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

I was bitten by something in the bed. On my front in my groin area and stomach and the last night on my bum. I think it was something in the feather mattress- maybe bed bugs. I asked a housekeeping person to give me an extra flat sheet to put between myself and the mattress but it was not done.

We loved the French bread and cheese and the pineapple smoothie at breakfast. Also the marlin carpaccio.

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

I was completely ripped off at this hotel. In no way does it deserve 5 stars, possibly a 3 star, but even that would be a big stretch. We have been to undeveloped countries where the basic hotels were better than this one. Be warned, it might look nice from afar but it's not worth it - there are tons of better places to stay near here. They falsely advertised that there were hot tubs and spa baths in the room, I payed extra for these, and when I asked for my money back because they said there were no such thing as these rooms they refused. They advertised that they had bikes to hire, but when we asked for them they said they didn't have any for years, as it was too dangerous to ride, so we were forced to stick in the hotel or spend lots of money on over charging taxi drivers. The staff were very slow and unhelpful. Almost all of them couldn't understand English, even when I told them to speak to me in Hindi as the English comprehension was bad they didn't. The tour taxi driver they gave us to explore the south was so useless, he was called Anand, alll he did was say 'that's a school' and didn't even give any information about anything, even with my prompts, and he over charged us. There is a serious ant infestation at the hotel - ants absolutely everywhere. Most hotels would do deep cleans or put measures in place to get rid of bugs, but not this hotel. We had a spa treatment and they gave us tea full of ants! When I complained they gave us a new pot of tea, as if we'd want any more tea, and they still charged us full price for the treatment. I feel sick thinking about how much money we wasted on this hotel, it totally ruined our holiday. Booking.com were also useless at resolving the dispute with the hotel.

The buffet food was the only decent thing about this hotel, the chefs are nice and great at what they do, the food looked and tasted good. At night time the lights around the restaurant looked nice and the garden looked pretty. However, every single other thing about this hotel was bad though. I absolutely do not recommend it at all, defintely not worth it at all.

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

Staff attitude. Room description in booking.com was not matching reality. Hotel manager refused to cancel the booking and I was obliged to stay. I complained to booking and they offered me a compensation refund because the hotel was not honest in their descriptions. Beach is not good. Water is Gray and muddy. Overall it was a bad experience with such a very expensive hotel.

Good location and view. Breakfast buffet.

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

Rooms need renovation (but will likely increase price - so overall good value for the money) Cleanliness of the room could be improved Pillows might be quite uncomfortable if you are not used to high and hard pillows Sofa bed in the living room for the kids might not have been suitable for a kid above 15 kg

Extremely kind and attentive employees Superb location Very good activities offered Decent buffet Very spacious family suite with two bathrooms Very quite

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

I had ordered a birthday cake for my 4 year ols daughter which they forgot about! It took 2 hours for a replacemnt to be delivered. Location is quite isolated.

Nice pool area. Lots of space for beds and kids to run around. The restaurant on the beach was also lovely but only open for lunch.

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

The excellent customer service! I had a problem with my booking but the hotel went the extra mile to sort it out. The management team here is tip top and they made our stay even better.

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

If they could invest in some stand up paddles it would be perfect :-)

Beautiful beach, excellent buffet, gentle service. The hotel and its garden are magic, it’s a big hotel but you feel apart. The staff is really nice.

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Bookings are required for nearly everything, so advanced planning is necessary. The sea can have a strong current, and there are rocks and corals offshore making swimming difficult, and guests are therefore restricted to swimming very close to the beach only. Not ideal for snorkelling off the beach - must take a boat further out. The hotel is a family-friendly establishment, so beware if you do not find children relaxing; they tend to congregate at the pool.

Luxurious rooms catering to every need and beyond. This hotel is set amidst a beautiful and well maintained tropical garden on the beach - the winning feature, in my opinion. You can stroll carefree along a long stretch of soft beach! The grounds are scattered with comfortable day beds and loungers where you can relax for hours, waited upon by friendly and helpful staff. There are many activities to occupy yourself with, from water sports to relaxing spa treatments, all of high quality.

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

For a 5 stars hotel, the gym was too small and of course lacked various equipment. The gym should be expanded.

Breakfast was very good especially the bakery section. The garden landscaping was well looked after. The staff were always on hand.

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

The facilities were a little costly as per the standards of this hotel

Great place to enjoy family vacation, good and clean beach, good hospitality, good facilities and friendly staff

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

The sleeping beds are in a poor condition , You miles away from home and a bad bed can spoil a good holiday . The sleeping beds is a no no . We had continues inflow of ants in the room and that was uncomfortable for us . We reported it to the front office and it was not resolve .

I must say the staff and service all round was great .

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Could have a larger menu for room service menu and the timings can be made a little bit more flexible as the late night menu options are too less...

The property was worth the price. Had all the basic amenities in and around the place... Was overall good and worth to be recommended.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

Internet connection was terrible in the room. Room could use some update as furniture and fixtures are getting old.

Great location, facilities, service and staff. Beautiful beach. Family friendly. For divers, the diving school does a great service and the sites are worthwhile for diving.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Same menu at the dinner buffet resturant the next day too, even though we were told it would be French cuisine. The resturant was overly priced. No shops near by. We had to go to the local flic-en-flac town just to go to the supermarket which was a 10minute taxi ride.

Me and my partner had a 2 night stay at Sofitel because we wanted to stay in flic-en-flac solely because of its beautiful beaches. It was a very good choice I made. The hotel was very nice and clean. It was a beautiful resort with excellent breakfast buffet every morning. Absolutely loved the dining experience along pool side at the Buffett resturants. Spa was great too.. Wish I had more days to spend at Sofitel. Staff were friendly and good with their hospitality. As we were a honeymoon couple, they arranged flower bouquet, champagne and chocolates for us on our Arrival. We saw the beautiful decorations as we entered our Garden view deluxe room. I must say It was a lovely gesture.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

No variety of tropical fruits for breakfast in a tropical country! More variety in room service menu would be welcome.

Bed extra comfy! Croissants should be a little flakey!!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

The luxury king bed was just two beds stuck together. They sometimes went apart from each other. Disappointing.

Fantastic premises. Great staff. Food is lovely. The beach is stunning.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

That i couldn't stay longer .

Everything . I don't remember not liking anything . It felt like paradise . OMG. It was more than worth the money I paid .

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

For everything you would ask the waiters the answer was always no (we don't have or we can't), but after arguing with them everything would magically appear, which was quite unnecessary and unpleasant.. The housekeeping service needs a lot of work and the hotel needs proper refurbishing in the rooms.

The reception staff was really helpful and friendly always. The main restaurant buffets were always really delicious, great selection and the only restaurant with good service. The hotel overall is very family/kids friendly, good location and nice beach. The spa is quite a nice oasis in the resort and the treatments were good.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Beach sand, is rough due to dead coral, facilities were dated, not value for money, felt ripped off , ridiculous prices

Beautiful pool , beautiful sunsets

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Strange green water in entrance "moat" looked creepy. That's about it

Stayed here for one night as the Hilton messed up my booking. Very French and catering primarily to French tourists. Room good. Location great and food better than the Hilton

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Staff verry professional and attentive to details.Been traveling a lots in Europe, Sofitel,Novotel,mercure and even ibis and quality service are still the same.Having loabster for my last everning in jacaranda restaurant. Perfect service and quality food. Looking forward to be back in this marvelous hotel. LIFE IS MAGNIFIQUE :)

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Poor service.almost every night a restaurant in the hotel was closed and room service was slow. Some staff were good, others just did not seem to care.

Nice facilities. Beautiful resort

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

- The bed was too soft. I felt tierd in the morning. - Fortunately I kept the most valuable belongs with myself so it was not critical, but I got a good lesson for me to always lock my suitscase even in a five star resort.

- Room is very spacious with wood floor. Interiors colour is subtle and has a relaxed ambience - Breakfast location is next to the main pool. Is an open area and comfortable with breeze come in from outside. Not many choices but each item's quality was pretty good. I especially liked their chocolate croissant. - The resort was very clean, always elegantly scented. Each guest will have one complimentary bottle of water daily. - Great house-keeping service : My friend presented a big Pizza and brought to the hotel. I asked the house-keeping to help me re-heat the Pizza. I was ready to pay for the service, but the staff cheerfully helped me reheat the Pizza and told us the service is free of charge. Not only this, the Pizza was reheated just right - hot & crispy! They also gave us chilly sauce and tomato sauce too. Good service! - Most water activities are free of charge if you are the hotel guests. (Some may need one/two-day advanced booking) The staffs in the Boat House are very helpful and kind as well. We had a great time there. - Staffs there are very charming. When we were walking around the garden-beach area, one staff brought two pretty yellow flowers and kindly put them on our heads. - Asian style garden and the Spa was a good place to relax and do Yoga. - Their Chinese restaurant Ming Court not only provides delicious Chinese food (I was surprised with the high quality fo Chinese cuisine which tastes like eating at Hong Kong) but the table was beautifully decorated with fresh flower. Amazing and breath-taking.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Secluded from off property activities or shopping

Property was not too big and not too small garden area around the spa was gorgeous , a bit inconvenient if you want to leave property. If your plan is to stay on property then quite nice

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

A bit pricy for everything and beds a bit too soft. Cleanliness could be better, though staff made all the effort to make our stay a happy one

Overall a pleasant experience. The staff were friendly and the beach was magnificent! Lovely sun sets and relaxed evenings. The suite we stayed in (801) was lovely

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Food variety could be better..the selection didn't change much every night

Great location and amazing view from the room

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

The beds were super comfortable. Great location

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

Breakfast / Food could have been better.

Room was good. Facilities excellent.

Food is amazing

Beaches not sandy

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Kind of annoying full with people different ages

I do really enjoyed my time.. I would like to visit it again

• Prestige Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years)

Only one socket in the whole suite for charging mobile phone etc.

Excellent breakfast, nice beach.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Room service food menu to have more choices

Food was excellent with wide choice and very tasty

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Needs upgrading desperately Staff 50/50 on friendliness Buffet boring

Private beach Pool area

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

the entertainment organizer was fantastic, the groups that entertained us with live music at night excellent .the pool staff superb.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Luxury King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

early departure as exactly noon we were asked to packup...could put it up to 2p.m

both were good

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Cleanliness, builtup & Food

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

Quality food, professional ambassador. Amazing stay!!!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Beach facilities Breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

the hot breakfast was not good to our satisfaction

hot breakfast need to be improved a great deal

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Not applicable

I liked everything about the hotel ticker all the boxes and it is very hard because ther are mess ups somewhere this was bang on

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior King Room (2 Adults + 1 Child up to 12 years)

there is lizard everywhere and the room is not clean very well

beach view was perfect from lobby and the cafee on the beach was very good

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

The hotel is old and the bedrooms need refurbishing. Our fridge did not work, the Bed sneaked every time you moved, the basin plug did not work and the door key card gave endless problems. Bathroom towels are old and grey and one night did not even get changed

Food was excellent both at Breakfast and the buffet in the evening.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Initially customer service was particularly poor and required some major intervention from management which was only achieved through a formal complaint to the GM. Initial reservation and related accounting process was also problematic but eventually resolved. Room cleanliness also required some attention. Quality of food for lunch and dinner was poor and also lacked desired variety and not considered value for money. We had a rather vastly experience at the gym which almost destroyed our vacation where the gym instructor (Jean Franscois) was rather rude to to us - this was eventually addressed through the GM but we were rather uncomfortable to use the gym subsequently and didn't.

the hotel facilities were excellent, especially the kids program which was well organised and very educational and stimulating - including excursions, baking, kite making, karaoke etc. as well as buffet lunches (well done Shiela B., Jaya, Stelina). The private beach was also fantastic. The ability of some of the staff to make a valiant effort to improve customer service and also succeeded in many areas after we raised a complaint with the GM and other management - in specific thanks to the following people: Vyas, Alain, Claudine, Shiela, Cavilen and Christiaan. Breakfast variety was great. Housekeeping also made valiant efforts to improve service after our complaints were raised.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Breakfast was not so good. It was the same thing every day and often there was very little fruit available. The staff in the kids club were great but the rest just average.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

Customer service is a bit lacking and not really what you would expect from a 5*. For example,the ac in the room was broken and couldn't be turned off, and no one really seemed too bothered. The room was so cild I finially managed to turn it off myself using tweezers

Really lovely location, the pool is great and the food was also lovely. The Boat house were great and helpful and the other facilities look good...but didnt use them

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Not really a bad experience, but the restaurant (buffet) should be improved. Medium quality, an hotel like Sofitel must be better.

Excellent room, very quiet and clean. Good service.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Slow staff and some minor renovation to be done.

Good facilities, room very nice and comfortable. Good to have ski activities included and very friendly boat house staff. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

The food at all three restaurants was bad, unlike other hotels I have tried in Mauritius. Food at buffet was always cold and stale even as soon as restaurant opens

Facilities of the hotel are very nice, although rooms need serious renevation

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

the hotel is old and needs renovation.for a 5 star luxury resort the expectations are high and comparing with other hotels in mauritious ,is dissapointing. to see basics thing that they could improve at the room and did.(bathroom,torn towels etc

location is very good.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Wifi signal was a bit patchy. Limited wine list. We had a few ants in our room and a leaky AC vent on the first day (this was fixed promptly).

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Excellent gym and pool. Our room was very comfortable with a lovely view for sunset. The grounds are beautiful and well looked after.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

We paid a lot for this accomodation & expected good service & some value. staff was cold & unfriendly, but we noticed their attitude was selective. the attitude of some of the reception staff needs attention. it seems lilke they need training in handling problems. 4 star resort we stayed in north had 5 star staff, all round. we had the priveldge of staying in 3 resorts during our holiday in december. this was by far the worst in terms of staff, sad part was that we chose to spend christmas here & the staff attitude had dampened our stay. also v expensive in season.

I liked the way the assistant manager handled the problem we had with our booking. we enjoyed all the watersport that the resort offered. i can actually count 3 members of staff that we can commend for their fair treatment of all holiday makers. we spend as much as any1 else so we expected the same service, but unfortunately we are the same decent as the workers there so we seemed to be treated as such.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

I wouldn't mind coming over and over again to these hotel

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Unfriendly and unhelpful staff

Beautiful beach and great pool

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

breakfast is poor, not matching 5 star at all

location,

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Excellent beach view

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Relaxing, comfortable, clean, friendly, tasteful hotel development.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Take time in any service reqd at room

Big rooms,few free water sports,excellent location

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Sofitel L'Imperial Resort and Spa traveller photo gallery