Reviews of Le Meridien Ile Maurice 4 stars

Village Hall Lane, Pointe aux Piments, Mauritius

#4 of 7 hotels in Pointe aux Piments

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Memorable stay - you get what you pay for
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

A bit out dated rooms Very sharp beach sand, also the sea next to the beach is full of corals, shoes are required

Excellent staff. Have never experienced so helpful and polite receptionists, cooks, housekeepers... Great view overlooking the ocean

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

The hotel staff went out of there way to make us comfortable.
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

The hotel staff went out of there way to make us comfortable. Extremely friendly, they made up for the very run down hotel that needs to be refurbished. Outside walls dirty, and rooms are old. Le Meridien needs to have a good look doing something soon

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Everything I wished for!
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

I've nothing to complain about 😀

The property is beyond expectation; beautiful location, beautiful room and wonderful staff. A special thanks to Javed, Sudesh and the aqua gym instructor/ DJ (sorry can't remember his name😑). Food at Cummin was exceptional, and thank you to the staff there who made my birthday extra special 😘😘😘.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

The view surrounding the hotel was stunning and it was...
    • Premium Nirvana Mountain View

The staff that drove the buggies around the hotel were always so friendly and always offering to help as well as the reception staff given I was 5 months pregant. However a lot of the serving staff in Restaurant 180 were miserable and sometimes you felt bad for even making a request. This happened almost every time we ate there however there were some amazing staff at the other restaurants that made up for it.

The view surrounding the hotel was stunning and it was amazing being able to step right onto the beach every morning!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very nice and friendly staff.
    • Family Duplex Suite

Staff is very friendly but a bit slow with the drinkorders. For young kids after a beach day dinner starting at 19:00 is to late. Would prefer one (out of 4) restaurant open from 17:00.

Very nice and friendly staff. Great location on the beach. All the free included watersports as sailing, kayak,windsurf, waterski, wakeboard. Excellent food

Swimming pool and lobby
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

We were frustrated by housekeeping services. We come across 2 lizards inside room 128 spoiled 2 nights and the housekeeper and I found burrow which we blocked by tissues. Very limited play options for kids below age of 6 years. Buffet style restaurants are not the best option for large family, especially when it costs 1500 MUR/person. We struggle to take the stroller up and down everyday twice (breakfast and for island tour)! Only stairs! No elevator or wheelchair sidewalks from and into the lobby.

Swimming pool and lobby

Besides the coffee all other was fair.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The property is very old. Need a big renovation. You can see the poor material in buffet area

Besides the coffee all other was fair. Unfriendly staff. Poor service in the restaurants.

Awesome.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

Full payment at the time of check in .It must be optional.For example if I don't want to continue , will not get money back.It is service sector first service then payment.Luckly it is very good.

Everything .

Location is extremely serene and relaxing.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Room and bathroom looks need a facelift. Bathroom fixtures and lighting need to be improved. Cumin and 180 degrees need to change choices offered every day because guests are there for a few days each time and would love variety.

Location is extremely serene and relaxing. Staff are ever so helpful and go out of the way to provide you service with a smile. We will specially remember our breakfast with the birds at 180 degrees. We would love to come back for a longer stay.

Over priced. Not a four star hotel at all
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

The manager at reception Girish was very rude.We were not accompanied by staff to the room during check in. The restaurant was over crowded. The bed sheets were old. Pillow and bed was old too and very uncomfortable.

Food was awesome. Resort had lovely beach.

We wanted to find another hotel to stay at after our first night.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The dark, dirty and smelly/mouldy room with a rock wall for a view. On arrival we were told that we were being upgraded to a private area for couples which we thought was nice but upon being shown to the room we noticed it was the back of the building not ocean view, upon entering the room the first thing you notice is the old stale smell followed by the dark and gloomy room, even with lights on and first impression not feeling good. We started to unpack and the smell coming from the cupboards was terrible and you tried avoiding opening them and opening the double glass doors to air the room shut off the air conditioner. I then went into the bathroom where there was a pair of dirty ladies underwear hanging in the shower. The mould on the walls in the bedroom probably didn’t help with the smell, my wife went to have a shower after our day and upon opening a towel found long black hair wrapped in the towel which we don’t have, we then retired for the night only to be woken at 11 pm by room service constantly knocking on the door upon opening the door they gave me a cake with “Happy Wedding Anniversary “ written on it, funny considering we were staying here my wife’s birthday. We also didn’t appreciate being told that a 80 euro charge was required if we wanted to move to a ocean view room. We won’t stay at Le Meridien when we come back to Mauritius

The 180* restaurant and finally an upgrade to a ocean view room we originally booked and paid for 12 months ago. Instead of the dark/smelly and gloomy back ground floor room.

Not well maintained and managed but really good Indian food.
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

No lifts in hotel difficult to move with baby stroller. No coordination...initially they even refused my booking although i had conformation from booking.com and i waited for like 1 hour so they can locate my booking and arrange the room. No coordination amoug reception, restaurants, kids club etc. Very old furniture inside the room even very old LCD need a full refurbishment of the hotel and rooms.

Good Indian food Location is nice. They had live performance in evening at the bar.

Super awesome holiday.
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

Main Restaurant 180 degrees, need to make more provisions for vegetarians at breakfast. All the pastries, muffins and most of the breads have eggs. There should also be a metered taxi service. Getting a taxi outside the hotel is really expensive. The hotel charges you for water at dinner and lunch. There is a really great shop down the road where you can buy water much cheaper.

Really great holiday. Loved the service and food. The staff are really friendly and super helpful. They treat you with great respect. Amazing how much humility was shown from Kiran at check in, Vishwen and Speville from house cleaning/service, and the amazing waiters Subham and Lovely who took really special care of us. The food at the restaurants were really delicious, especially Cumin restaurant. Loved that being a vegetarian I ate a different dish everyday. Cumin also served pure vegetarian desserts which were very tasty. The coconut ice cream was the highlight. Great holiday destination.

Perfect
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

Prices.. food prices is very expensive ... even half board customers they have to pay for soft drink for example one class of Coca Kola is 200 MAU. This is not fare. Long time to chick in. "they will ask for deposit before they allow customers to have their rooms"

Sea view and facilities

A place driven by its staff
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

The hotel does need an all round upgrade esp the bathrooms. My biggest disappointment was the kids club which we did not utalise. On visiting it to check it out for the kids..i was very concerned with lack of supervision of the kids..we saw several examples over our stay around the resort. I am sorry but I could never leave my kids with such lapse supervision.

The friendly staff really helped make this trip. Majority are extremely hard working which we hope management acknowledge as their service would influence a returned trip. Nothing was too much. Maria our cleaner was fantastic...the daily surprise for the kids of which animal she had made from folded towels was just great!! The restaurants were quite good the fish at shells was beautiful. More fresh vegetables or creative salads would be good. I do recommend here if u need a good holiday but at decent price.

Great F&B staff, poor cleanliness and reservation teams
    • Premium Nirvana Ocean View

Housekeeping and cleanliness are no good. There was a thick layer of dust on cupboard doors and hangers, some wrappers behind the table were there from day 1 to day 8! Always short of min. bath towels. The reservations staff need to up their game a lot, too!

The best part about this hotel are its location on a beautiful beach, and not too far from Port Louis. The staff at La Faya and the Nirvana bar are very friendly and ready to help out with everything.

Disappointing stay till upgraded.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Room was old. Couch had stains on it. Bathroom had 4 coackroaches when we entered. 😪. Gave us 2 twin beds and not 1 king like requested even after emailing them. Bathroom is ancient. Everything about room was tired and old. Very unhappy! Paid extra to stay at Nirvana. But then worked out to wayyy too much for my 3 days there. Disappointing indeed!

Beach. Food at main restaurant was good.

Old dirty sheets, nothing special about the hotel, even the...
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Old dirty sheets, nothing special about the hotel, even the beach is the worst in Mauritius. Staff over the phone was rude, we were 4 in the room and stayed 4 nights and she insisted that the hotel rules is to provide only 2 small complementary bottle of water in the room for the first night only and charge us very high for more water.

Mauritius is heaven to us. But we will never ever go back to this hotel anymore!!!
    • Premium Nirvana Mountain View

The attitudes and services given by the staff is extremely poor, from the frontdesk to the restaurant servers; non of them are with proper manners! The only restaurant I went for the rest of my stay is SHELL, which I find the service over there is much better than the rest. Especially the server named Shammi. Honestly, this is the lousiest hotel that I have been stayed so far. I have spent so much money staying at your hotel and I don’t really think it’s worth it.

Direct excess to the beach and the water sports facilities provided by the hotel.

Perfect breakfast.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Somebody lost our reservation from booking.com (booking or hotel). Hotel staf give us room in another hotel for first day because they haven't free room and next day we move back to le meridien. It is ok but we lost too much time to check-in and check-out and again check-in.

Perfect breakfast. Nice place near to village pointe aux piments.

They shouldnt charge for water during dinner.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

They shouldnt charge for water during dinner. It was the only thing we found strange during our stay but overall it was an amazing experience and we are definitely coming back soon! The pool, gym were great also the location and the beach& sporting facilities. We had a great ocean facing room on the ground floor. Great live entertainment with traditional dancers.

Good time.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

I requested a room view to the pool but i was given a room on the top floor and long long long way to walk to the facilities.I hv problem wth my knee I couldnt walk long distances.Thats my only problem.I hd to rush to the clinic on the nxt day of my arrival home to c my doctor.I hd to stay complete bed rest for 5 days.

The staff very nice n pleasant,my room was neat clean fresh and food was excellent.

Good resort but super expensive !!
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Food and drinks are ridiculously expensive. If you’re not on an all inclusive package you will pay a fortune for food and drinks. Whilst the food is pretty good the cocktails on offer were terrible which is really disappointing given the steep price.

The array of restaurants was good and the standard of the food on offer was very good. The spa was lovely , we really enjoyed that. The complementary water sports available at the resort were also great

Great hotel and staffs
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Very friendly staffs and managers , Warm welcome from Pritesh , he took great care of my family and responded quickly to every requests we made making our stay as smooth as possible.Got an upgrade to the nirvana suite for free from the management as I informed them it was my birthday.

Refurbishment needed.
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

All hotel facilities need refurbishment. Food and beverages prices were not good value for money.

Staff was nice. Location is good. Watersport activities

Value for Money
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

None of the pre booking requests were honoured: 1. Money was directly debited despite discussion about paying in cash. 2. Free drinks throughout stay were charged 3. Complimentary water charged on one day and then staff refused to re-consider. Overall disappointed by the sheer lack of effort towards customer satisfaction.

The room was excellent value for money. Property itself was excellent. Peaceful

A piece of paradise
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

We liked everything about the hotel..its exactly as displayed in the pics so no dissappointments. My kids loved the kids club and the pool. The beach was on our doorstep. And ofcourse dinner on the beach at Shells restaurant was a big highlight. Amazing people at le meridien. Thank you so much.

All in all I enjoyed my stay there.
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

The staff at the reception. Some of them did not show interest in solving problems. They gave a hard time to me because of the door lock. I got locked out of my room many times as they electronic system did not work ptoperly. Others at the reception were kind and helpful.

The location, cleanliness and the comfort of the hotel. The park and the beach were well kept. The see view from my romm and from the restaurant was awesome. The Indian restaurant was great. The

Attention Needed
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Lots of roaches in room...hotel needs upgrade URGENTLY...prices for all drinks VERY VERY expensive extensively compared to out of hotel prices...

Close to the beach ..rooms space huge...very well spread out...good pools etc

The fantastic staff deserve better!
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

they work in a hotel which, apart from the Nirvana area, appears to have had very little money spent on it for many years. Everybody you talk to on the staff agree that massive amounts of money need to be spent to bring it up to standard. We will be going into more detail about all this on Trip Advisor.

The staff were wonderful, couldn't do enough for us, but.........

Uncomfortable in a room with poor cleaning and that horrible birds poo all over the place.
    • Premium Nirvana Ocean View

-Staff over attentive to European customers, bend over backwards. Non European customers given mediocre attention. - Those awful birds in eating areas - Birds poo all over furniture in restaurants and public spaces -Very poor house keeping - Extremely dated rooms - That this hotel sells itself as a four star entity definitely not, rating is dodgy at best and ratings agency questionable. - That hotel is getting away with a four star rating much to the horror of guests arriving who pay upfront only to be confronted with sub standard facilities on arrival its a shame!

Lovely resort with nice quiet pool areas.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

A bit remote from the local town meaning eating out was a bit of a mission. Nice variety in the restaurants on the resort though. Disappointed by the lack of local fish though considering where we were.

Lovely resort with nice quiet pool areas. Shame it rained nearly the entire time we were there.

Super friendly staff
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

Rooms need to be renovated a little bit , but is still kind ok for its 4**** category . Drinks and food expensive for the quality offered.

Super friendly staff absolutely everybody was very nice with us and very helpful. The nirvana suite and the private pool for nirvana suite customers is amazing ,as well as the La faya restaurant with its a ia carte restaurant for breakfast.

hated it
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

A change in their culture. Something has changed for the worse

The location and the outdoor facilities are great but the hotel staff members do not have a can do attitude and make the use of facilities very painful which takes away the fun. I have been to these resorts many times before and the change this time is very evident. staff come across very unfriendly. Will not go back to the resort although I visit Mauritius every year.

Bad choice
    • Duplex Suite

In the room Very old furniture. Some staff are lazy No one answer room service at night. Chargeable room service! boutle of Water costs 3 $ !! Very poor breakfast and buffet options. No access for wheel chairs and children wheels ! Not good choice for families. Guest desk give wrong information about the tourism places & opening timing! Very wifi WIFI in the room

The sea

Good staff, Terrible Hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

Needs refurbishment. We checked out 3 days early and management tried to blackmail me by offering a 5% refund for those nights, provided I sign a letter that stated I am will not write a negative review

The staff are the best thing about this hotel. The rooms are a decently large size and the beds are comfortable. Cumin, the Indian restaurant is the only restaurant worth eating at.

Mauritius great, hotel poor. Will definately go back but to a different hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

- Cleanliness of rooms, bathroom filthy, bed linen filthy and torn, had mice in the room - Food was very bad, the buffet spread was cheap and poor quality. - What we thought we booked versus what we got wasn't the same, we assumed all meals and local drinks were included only to find out drinks were seperate. We upgraded to all inclusive package for a few days @€65 per head, quality of drinks got worse. - Bar at the pool and Bayview bar have the same menu, but cocktails at the pool were terrible, the same cocktails at bayview bar we 10x better. - Private and corporate functions i.e. weddings or corporate Christmas parties were hosted outside guest rooms, this was loud and noisy late at night which was very unpleasant. - bookings.com and Le Meridien could be more descriptive in what each package offers prior to booking

- Staff were friendly, but not very good except for Ravin from Bayview bar. - Bayview bar cocktails were nice, - scenery great. - Airconditioner in room was great, and good room size. - Well maintained beach areas - Mauritius as a holiday destination is fantastic, people are friendly, vibe is great, breath taking scenery and overall just a stress free environment - My wife and I had an excellent holiday, unfortunately the hotel had little to do with it. We definately recommend Mauritius as a tropical destination but would suggest you do your homework on the hotel packages and what you get for your money. Apart from that you can't go wrong with the destination itself, Mauritius is geared for tourists and the locals are brilliant.

Very nice resort.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

Can't understand, why all the fruits, what were served during meals, were raw? When all around on small markets the fruits, what we bought, were juicy and deliciuos.

Very nice resort. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pillows. Lovely beach, beautiful area and restaurants, friendly staff, good service.

Great family time
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Overall a bit rundown and requiring some maintenance, did not know about full boarding option and quite expensive

Nice and spacious, lovely green lawns, included watersports such as sailing, nice patio , beautiful sunsets, lovely beach although lots of coral so hard on the feet, fantastic experience swimming with dolphins

• Deluxe Family Suite

High cost of drinks Even had to at for house water I was offered at $25 discount for each of the 2 rooms I have not received the $50 Can you look into this for me please

Beach sunsets staff food

Very special holiday with family and friends to celebrate 50 years since my husband left Mauritius
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

I got sick for a few days due to food consumption

Recommend the following staff for exceptional service- Farhan Damree Waiter Vidya House keeping Hendrick barman ***Kamini Mohun beautiful waitress who looked after us starting on our arrival to our departure

Very nice facilities, but pricey for any and all amenities not covered in accommodation booking.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The reservation team were difficult to deal with, rather belligerent. The drinks were shockingly overpriced. Spa treatments were also very pricey. The night life at the resort leaves a lot to be desired, it is almost non existent. They could improve on this.

The staff were friendly. Facilities great. Food was top notch

Was nice overall, but could be better
    • Deluxe Family Suite

Le Meridien should have dredged the sea bed. Too much corals which makes it difficult to swim in the lagoon. We did not see many people in the sea. When we checked in, we were not told that there are daily night activities like live music and dance as from 9pm. We missed these on both days since they put us in a room at the end of the property.

Awesome food selection Pool was nice Very friendly staff

wonderful stay at Le Méridien
    • Premium Nirvana Mountain View

We had a room in the Nirvana part of the hotel, peace & quiet as no kids are allowed here. Nice plus are the free drinks at the Nirvana pool bar between 11am and 7pm. While booking, I was a bit hesitant because I read some comments about the hotel being really worn, but the room we had was large & well maintained. There were still some minor defaults, which was our overall feeling of the hotel : not new but well maintained with some minor defaults. Great plus are all the watersport facilities that are free of charge (boat trip to snorkeling spot, glass bottom boat & waterski included!). Very good quality of food in the different restaurants, even the buffet restaurant didn't feel like your average buffet kitchen as everything was nicely presented. We renewed our wedding vows in the hotel, everything was impeccable, from the bamboo pergola on the beach, to the drinks, flowers, private dinner on the beach and breakfast (thanks Nadhir!)! Great staff!! Thanks to Vinesh and Ravesh at the pool bar, Nowraj, Tatiah, Mefoozah and Koushal at Shells restaurant, Santy and Nitishi at La Faya restaurant, and many others for your great service with a plus and a smile! The hotel was a great value for money!

Thoroughly enjoyable. Great way to relax and enjoy the lovely Indian Ocean.
    • Duplex Suite

Staff are on a whole lovely but can forget orders quite often when the restaurants are busy. Still a lovely experience and will be back. Air con in our room was very loud and not as good as it should have been.

Breakfast was fantastic. Welcome was superb. Hotel is on a lovely beach with a pier and a perfect view. We were in a duplex suite which was fantastic and they gave us a free upgrade to a better suite. Staff can’t do enough for you. All inclusive drinks and menu options are plentiful and varied. Entertainment at night was authentic and pleasant. Beach and water sports were a nice option. Pools were lovely. Ambience of hotel is lovely also.

There is a good Indian restaurant at this hotel.
    • Premium Nirvana Ocean View

Some of the staff members at this hotel are very selective of the treatment of guests.

There is a good Indian restaurant at this hotel. The food was very delicious and scrumptious.

IT WAS AVERAGE
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

THE ROOMS NEED TO BE UPGRADED , THE ROCKS IN THE OCEAN , TO FAR FROM ANY RESTAURANTS , FOOD AND DRINKS OVER PRICED.

THE RELAXING BEACH FRONT , THE POOL , THE EVENING ENTERTAINMENT , THE FOOD , THE STAFF , WATER SPORT

Friendly nice entertainment and clean
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

When me and my friend first arrived our first room was mouldy, and my friend suffers bad asthma from mould. We went back to reception and changed rooms. The second room, one of the staff members was staying there as there was cup stains on the table toilet and sink had been used as there were water males everywhere and the sink was still wet, then he came into the room as we were entering and he removed some paper work from one of the draws. We now asked to change rooms for the 3rd time and it was very clean and how it should have been when we first arrived. What I didn't like was I asked the reception guy who was dealing with us if he could up grade us soon as we arrived and he said there was no rooms available he will check tomorrow and let us know. After all the comossion of changing rooms twice and 2 hour wait until we properly got settled somehow he found our room which was pleasent and clean to stay in.

Helpful, welcoming, accommodating and clean. I also liked the look of the Hotel and spa.

Bad overall experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

We paid for full board. We were not allowed lunch the following day. Our stay was for a night. Check out at noon the following day. Other hotels, when you pay for full board you get to have the lunch as well even if it is one night. If at this hotel, we were to be restricted to have lunch, why was full board allowed for one night stay? Sad. We were 3 persons. Should have only catered and priced for half board in such case. If at such a reputed hotel, one cannot make the difference between half board and full board- then sadly- one would be inclined to mark it as a poor service provider. Also, on arrival, as customary, we were not made to visit the hotel. Other hotels do make us visit. To dine, we had to ask our way to the restaurant. Even the buffet food was mostly cold. Poor services, I must say.

The room was superb, infrastucture was nice. We were in a suite.

Lovely honeymoon and awesome value for money.
    • Premium Nirvana Ocean View

We had the change room during our honeymoon as the pillows were very old and my wife was allergic against them. The main pool is quite old.

The food, restaurants, water sport activities, the Nirvana endless pools and the all-inclusive food and drink options are absolutely amazing.

I strongly recommend Le Meridien Hotel. As a family we like there so much.

- Open Buffet restaurant should serve more meditarrenean oriented foods

- Alacarte Restaurants - Very friendly Staff - Huge rooms with nice view - Tranquil Beach

Beautiful beach hotel with magical sunset: highly recommendable!
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

Price of the buffer diners was quite expensive related to the quality. A la carte (I would recommend La Faya, keep right from the lobby) is just fine. Good food, especially the steak was very nice in La Faya.

Such a recommendable place to be. Booking it based on the photos but glad I could stay there for some nights. Beautiful beach (some stones in the water though), friendly staff and great facilities. Watersport (most of them) are free: snorkeling tour, kayak, pedal boat, surfing and... water skiing) but there is a gym, tennis court, etc. In the evening there is a band playing in the central cafe at the pools, sounds just great and pleasant to drink a wine while listening. I didn't go out of the hotel because I didn't have time but there seems to be nice restaurants at the end of the road: 5-10 minutes walk). And the sunset (+/- 17.30-18.00h) from the beach: amazing!

they upgraded our room to suits was huge room
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

compared other country le meridien food quality was not good tried "seafood" dinner buffet there was not so many options of seafood

they upgraded our room to suits was huge room beautiful resort many water activities to do value for money (was half board) kind staff clean the room very often

Very disappointed
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Everything just about. The rooms are dreadful. Old, musty, dirty and the linen very old. We changed rooms and eventually found a room that was not to bad but still filthy. We pointed out the dirt under the bed and the tv unit. Paper and dirt etc that haven't been cleaned in a very long time. The Barth room tiles and the grout black and the ceiling and the walls in the bathroom had water damage and black mildew on the walls. The restaurants ok but had to witness a manager shouting and talking loud to visitors in the hotel. The variety of the food was very limited and definitely not up to standard. We have stayed at the hotel next door and the food was excellent. I would definitely not suggest this hotel to anybody

The staff

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Large rooms,good food and water sports,friendly staff,cleanliness and old matresses is an issue.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Cleanliness of rooms needs to be improved.had to complain twice and change rooms for it to be up to standard.

Staff was accommodating and welcoming except for boat house staff.

all inclusive worthy but rooms are not top
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

The rooms need to be renovated and front desk staff should be trained for customer claims

The room is old and bed was uncomfortable. Though staff was nice in general the front desk staff was not good at handling claims and issues. We booked shuttle from the airport and no one was there when we landed. We had to take a taxi to the property and spend own money.

The staff!
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

The staff! All of them were reading our minds and act before we could even ask for something. Excellent service!!! A big thank you to Mrs Mehefooza for being extra caring to our little girls.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Only worth it if you stay in the Nirvana rooms...
    • Premium Nirvana Mountain View

Location - the hotel is far from everything. no supermarket or shops nearby. Bad beach for swimming. Too many corals. You can't go in the water without water shoes. Not enough buggies in the hotel. the hotels grounds are big. I'm pregnant and it was hard for me to get to the other side of the property without a buggy. It took too long to wait for a buggy to arrive. I had to remind the waiters every morning that I only eat gluten free though they repeatedly asked for my room number every day and promised the next day everything would work out. By the time they brought out bread for me every day, I was already finished with my breakfast. The gluten free bread was stale every day. The cleaning staff in the room kept on bugging us to give them a good rating. Rather than bugging us, we would have preferred they just do their job.

the Nirvana section of the hotel. the main section of the hotel looked like a 3 star hotel. the flowers that were left in the room by the cleaning staff. the complimentary drinks in the Nirvana section.

A la le meridien.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

To be honest, for le meridien chain of hotels rooms are not up to its standards. Though they are big and specious. The whole hotel has great potential as long as it is renovated. Towels were rough and grey. Le meridien? No! Food wise, breakfast was just ok e.g only one selection of cheese. Death for French people :) . Food as it is, is way overpriced. Given that if u want to dine somewhere outside of the hotel the closest place will be in Grand Bay where u will have to pay 1500 rupees to get there. The beach: is not sandy when u walk into the water, so no wonder we didn't see people swimming. Over all I would recommend this hotel as long as u don't get caught only by le meridien name and have le meridien expectations.

Me and my family really enjoyed the wast territory on which hotel spreads. It's lash greenery and path along the beach are amazining. The open bar with life music is good place to have a drink and enjoy sun set. An excellent idea of complimentary water sports and snorkeling made my day.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Old, not maintained hotel.
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

Dirty rooms. Old Hotel. Old rooms. Water ski not good organized. Really Old equipment. Bycicles old not Maintained at all. You book all inclusive but you don't get everything you want even if the price for that what is inclusive is the same like for not inclusive ? Makes no sense

The beach. Friendly and caring Stuff. Good Food not fantastic but pretty nice. Pool. Gym. Spa is clean and more Thema less Good Treatment in spa was excellent

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Great property very scenic! But bad staff n service
    • Premium Deluxe Ocean View

Staff was RUDE! Very strange hotel policy - MY Guest were not allowed in my suite but allowed only in the lobby. When I took my friend out for a walk - literally they ran behind us and stopped us and Cross questioned as if we were some culprits. I travel extensively on both business and pleasure but NO HOTEL anywhere in the world has stopped n put me in a situation! It was absolutely embarrassing! Some hotels do need Guest's approval to let their guests in but not just IN THE LOBBY! You may want to rethink your policy! It's an absolute SHAME! Information was not given completely during checkin! I got to know about the glass boat tour on the 3rd day through someone who was staying there. Hotel receptionist Sweta is RUDE - I was waiting for checkout and she was idle standing in front of her system and asked me to stand in the other Q behind someone. When I questioned her as to why she is not checking me out, she just walks into the admin room. She bluntly refused saying NO for ONE HOUR late checkout without even saying sorry or addressing as sir! And the guest relation manager who ran behind me with the bell boy when I was taking my guest around the resort was also blunt n was Cross questioning me - who made me look like as if I have committed a crime & was also being sarcastic in his questions. I called up 0 and informed the guys that my guest is arriving and gave him his car number and name and they transferred my call to someone else and I informed them as well and they said they will let him in but my guest was waiting at the security gate for 15mnts as they didn't let him in and on top of it they made me wait at the lobby n I had to walk all the way to pick him up. PLUS they follow me when I was showing him Around! If this is the hotel policy which is very strange - THIS MUST BE INFORMED to the guest during checkin saying your friends / guests would be allowed ONLY in the lobby! Why didn't they?

The property is just beautiful! Very scenic views! The pools are just amazing! Rooms are very good! Laws & bars - just picturesque!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

we tried our best to enjoy although you could see the discremination.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

There is a discrimination, more attention to white people than black, anyway we went there to enjoy our self. so we tried to ignore the negative side.

we liked 180 degree the food was good, croissant fresh always.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Good facilities, location and excellent, friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden

Breakfast buffet, bit monotonous and Indian Breakfast not appealing. Food overpriced.

Excellent service, friendly staff. Neat and clean rooms. Spacious rooms. Cleaning staff very friendly and efficient

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Paradise found.
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

Remember to take beach shoes as the sand is quite coarse and there is lots of coral washed up, which is sharp to stand on. Didn't like the birds flying inside during breakfast, but to be fair the hotel has done a lot with a big net across the opening to the balcony but the birds are wise and fly in through the foyer! Not sure what else they could do.

Beautiful gardens, grand entrance. The room was spacious even with an extra bed. The bed was really comfortable and the shower pressure was excellent. We stayed all inclusive and would highly recommend it. The choices available were many and varied. The kids club was great for a couple of hours peace! All of the staff we encountered each day were really friendly. We loved the free water activities and the glass bottom boat was a great experience. We took a hire car for a few days and found getting around easy. Awesome sunsets.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great holiday
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

The pool could be cleaned more often, lots of sand, hair and dead bugs in it.

Great atmosphere and beautiful location. Our room was big enough and we got an extra bed for our kid even though we didn't book it, for free. The food was great and all inclusive -package well worth it, as there are no restaurants nearby. Extra plus were the complimentary beach sports activities: we did snorkeling, sailing and wind surfing.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Honeymoon in paradise
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The additional inclusion for honeymooners, the honeymoon dinner was nice but was as nice as and special as the other dinners, hotel could add a little more onto the honeymoon package i.e. rose petals, candles etc.

Absolutely stunning experience, spent my honeymoon at this hotel and everything was perfect, the staff were friendly, the facilities were impressive and the resort itself was stunning, we really enjoyed the meals at the different resturants and especially the service recieved by Nikhil the Manager at the La Faya Resturant ! Great place to start out your marriage, romantic and beautiful hotel

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Try at your risk unless price is a good deal
    • Duplex Suite

The property is run down. Needs an upgrade. Staff not very friendly.

The location is nice with beach and other activities. Amazing India food by Mr. Khan.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Good stay but could have been better
    • Premium Nirvana Ocean View

Inspite of booking 2 weeks in advance that we were a honeymoon couple our room was not suitable at all, they had 2 single beds joined together, the bed was worn out with scratches,the mattress was bent & old, the cupboard light never switched off & doors were squeaky, all in all - I would say "the Nirvana rooms & entire wing, need a major refurbishment, it felt quite outdated for a hotel like Le Meridien"

Their service was great, especially one of their staff Arti at Shells restaurant who served us well every single time. The front desk staff Shradha was very friendly and accommodating.Durshan the manager was also very helpful in making sure we were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Superb hotel on the north coast of Mauritius
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

Breakfast did not always cater for all types of travellers. It was more Asian orientated.

Bed was very comfortable. The snorkelling staff member who took us out to snorkel on 24 December at 10am was amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Excellent stay, superb facilities
    • Premium Nirvana Ocean View

Lunch options in Full Boarding. They have only concentrated on Half Boarding menu.

Adults only area for Couples in Nirvana section. Beach activities. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Value for money transcends location and beautiful scenery
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

My linen was not changed. I ended up in a bed with stained bedsheets I only saw the following morning of first night. The staff don't seem to coordinate asking same questions to customers even in a split second from each interaction.

The room was spacious and food was good with a variety

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Sea views
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Unfriendly staff extremely expense room service pictures are not what you get bathrooms dirty tray charge of R100.00 for every order no customer service overpriced beverages too expensive not worth the price at all do not book this hotel horrible tasting food bad honeymoon

Sea views

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Very nice and relaxing!
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

They can provide some packed breakfast if the customer have to leave before their breakfast open

Everything is good! Value for money! They have boat house and provide activities that worth going!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

enjoyed it

rocky swimming area

Entrance hall and restaurants

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The staff of the hotel very friendly and nice.
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden

The staff of the hotel very friendly and nice. Good service and well maintained hotel

Browse Le Meridien Ile Maurice traveller photo gallery