Reviews of Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun 5 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan12.5 km, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#6 of 161 hotels in Cancún

Excellent! No complaints!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Check in was late at 3pm and we arrived at 9am. They did accommodate us and allow us to use the spa. Pool hours close down at 8pm. Provide information on how to reserve pool beds and cabanas in advance.

Food at restaurants were fresh and good. Staff nice. Breakfast smoothie station gentleman was the nicest and social. They fulfilled my requests for a birthday details. It was not crowded.

12 out of 10!
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Absolutely everything! The staff were amazing, great food and drinks and the hotel is really well maintained and clean. Couldn't recomment it enough!

Good but really needs to take the imports in details
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

What turned me off was the business staff. They over charged my card by 1000 for no reason. I called maintenance four times they only arrived once. We never took a decent shower the entire time I was there only a bath due to the shower not working properly. I called repeatedly no one ever came. I spoke to the business manager but I don’t think he took my concerns to heart. They have a beautiful place but management needs to be stronger. For the amount of money I paid the service should have been better. There was serious lack of communication about the facilities. There was so much that we could have utilized if it were communicated better. However the dining staff was too notch. The pool staff top notch. Spa staff don’t waste your money. They were simply rude. The Expedia team had great service and provided a wealth of information. We really like the location and are planning a couples retreat next year. I hope that the service improves.

The property is a piece of heaven. Full of amenities food and most important liquor.

have stayed in better places in Cancun and will probably not return to Live Aqua
    • Deluxe Room with Terrace - Ocean Front

there were several events when we were there that shutdown areas of the hotel causing congestion in other parts of the hotel and causing long wait times at restaurants 90-120 minutes where there was no reservations so you were kept hanging around in congested areas.

loved MB restaurant and also LaVarenne outside. Ale, Emilio, Mario and Marcial were awesome in that restaurant

We love Live Aqua and will return soon
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

A few of the restaurants are small so there could be wait times of an hour or more for dinner some nights. Service at the pool could have been better - it took a long time to get your order and then find a server again. It would be great if there were outdoor bar areas on the property to enjoy and more than one bar open after 11.

The beds are very comfortable and we slept great. The resort always smelled so nice inside and is very well-maintained. All of the bars were well stocked with the same premium products. We really enjoyed the sushi bar. The Habanero soup at MB was to die for - so great I asked for the recipe! All of the hotel staff are very friendly.

really nice , would like to come back again
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

the facilities / room interiors a little bit old,

the hotel staff and services are really good, exceeded our expectation. the food is great, lots of options.

We are extremely satisfied with short stay in resort.
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

We are extremely satisfied with short stay in resort.Above all from the start to the ultimate collective separation,it was extraordinary relationship staff led by operations manager,Walter Cordova.It was maximum clean,in rooms and in public areas.Food was delicious and diverse.Really deserved high rating by satisfied guests. Problems and insecurity that we had on other places in Mexico can’t question the resort itself.We will be your guests again! Greetings from family Rakcevic

The room was amazing and the view from it was breathtaking!
    • Deluxe Room with Terrace - Ocean Front

The room was amazing and the view from it was breathtaking! The food was great and varied and the staff were extremely freindly and helpful. In addition the hotel makes its own aromatherapy oils so the the whole hotel smells great!

Excellent but needed imporvement
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Overall the Hotel is excellent, there is one thing I donnot like is that my flight is at 9: 35 pm and the shuttle is scheduled to pick us up at 6: 35, and they dont allow us to have an early dinner even we spend 8 days and over 4500 dollars there. Should be more customer driven instead of policy driven.

Overall the Hotel is excellent, staff is nice, location is nice and room was great.

Great Hotel. Food/beach/Amenities top notch.

No complaints.

Food was excellent. Particularly the breakfast buffet (best french toast I've ever had, smoothie bar, fresh fruit, etc.). Also, had many unique food choices at each restaurant that I we enjoyed.

Absolutely wonderful experience.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

A couple of the activities listed didn't happen- but that really didn't matter.

Service was excellent and facilities- would recommend live aqua resort to anyone.

amazing!!
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

you can hear the noise from the hallway, but this was really not a big deal, just perhaps something worth mentioning for those that want to know.

the staff was amazing, very friendly, the food variety was really good. For a big hotel they really did make sure you receive your orders at a reasonable time. It was really worth the price paid.

Lovely bit of pampering
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I'm a vegetarian and was disappointed that some of the restaurants didn't have vegetarian options/ served me fish on my salad, etc. However, they tried to make it up to me on our last night and made a big fuss of me. Alcoholic drinks served by the pool seemed to be quite weak

We were only there for three nights and were finishing up a 3 week trip around Mexico so we upgraded to a suite and got VIP access to the cabanas and a private bar on the 5th floor! Our room was amazing - the most comfortable bed, big spacious living area, lovely bathroom. Breakfast was lovely, lots of options, loved the smoothies. We got lunch delivered to our cabana normally. Dinner we went to the italian, chinese and the MB formal dining restaurant. The pool area is lovely, stunning views of the beach. We did the turtle release one evening on the beach too! It's a peaceful hotel, being adults only - very nice.

Good service , hot water issues
    • Aqua Suite

Quality of hot water We stayed Aqua suite but Unfortunately we had water problems during the stay. Either hours without water, or jet hot and pretty much brown water, but all of the time the water was brown, this at least was consistent.

Food quality and services

Amazing!
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Amazing! Staff knew us all by name and always askes if you needed anything. Very clean. Not a party hotel it was nice partying all night then being able to relax all day at a hotel that wasn't wild. I would return for sure and recommend this hotel!

Relaxing in Paradise
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Since our arrival, nice environment, extraordinary and relaxing scent. Nice people, massage in hands, make us feel like living our dreams. Rooms clean. Great food in variety and taste. Pools neat and amazing people working and all the time available.

Rock start but despite the bad a great time was had by all
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Issues with check-in. Changed reservations and no one updates them despite numerous emails and calls. In the end paid extra $700 that was unexpected, and the property was no help in trying to solve my issue.

Amazing and relaxing!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

More selection in the room's minibar.

Beautiful beaches and water. Loved the pool! Staff was very friendly and service was exceptional. The resort and grounds were lush and beautiful. Food and drinks were great. Loved the foot massages at the cabana everyday! The resort provided something different and interesting everyday - feeding parrots, synchronized swimmers, xylophone lessons, bands. Will definitely go back.

Paradise with lots of facilities and shopping
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

At times, the music around the pool was really noisy

The selection of restaurants within all inclusive. Only 1 has extra cost for Steak and Lobster(in MB's) The location was great, with lots great shopping just across the road, and a few bars if you fancy a different vore

Good quality all inclusive
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Mb restaurante which requires 2 hours waiting. it can have better reservations system. The hotel room wooden work and furniture may need renovated work. It is aged and expanded due to humidity.

The staff is excellent! The food is great! Very comfortable stay. The food is much better than average all inclusive hotel food. Especially restaurant Azul has excellent food, much better food than mb . Spa is nice. The club floor is v quiet, good for work.

We were CONSTANTLY lied to!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

We were CONSTANTLY lied to! One of my producers left his phone in the taxi that dropped us off at the hotel. While at the front desk checking in, we realized it, and we tried to leave the property to retrieve it. However, a young man name Christian, who introduced himself as our personal Concierge told us not to worry that he would make sure that the phone was retrieved. He stated that the hotel had security cameras and the license plate number of the taxi that dropped us off – so please - don't worry, don't worry, they would make the call. We did worry, and I did not believe him. My producer went to the Concierge Desk, and asked for additional help. They too said, “don’t worry” we will make the call. We gave them the taxi receipt, we also gathered the license plate number from the gate guard and provided them with it. As we sat with Christian, we quickly learned that he was NOT our personal concierge, but he was with the sales department, and he only wanted to sign us up for the Sales Pitch!?! He never once did anything to help retrieve the phone. In fact, his actions distracted us from going after the phone ourselves. His greed, cost us a $700.00 phone, and he didn’t care. Four hours later, after waiting for Concierge to give us answers, I asked for the manager. I waited and waited at the front desk. The young lady who checked us in, came back and finally gave us the keys to our room. When I asked her once again, where is your manager, she apologized and said that he is busy. I was livid!! Tell him that I need to see him now!!! When the manager (Freddy) finally appeared, he extended his hand, and I refused to shake it. I explained what happened, and he did not seem to care. And he went on to explain that his staff was trained to say, "don't worry, we will take care of it." I could not believe it. So, your staff is trained to LIE to your hotel guests?

Our room, and pool area.

Great hotel - food???
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

With the exception of their formal restaurant, and to a lesser extent the buffet area, the food was lousy! The serving staff were great, but we experienced some of the worst examples of well-known dishes, ever. Either the formal restaurant head chef should start basic training with the other restaurant chefs or they should close them down. I will not name them individually, because except as noted above, they were all bad! On prior trips we stayed at the Excellence Riviera. All of their restaurants were wonderful! With accommodation rates equally high or greater, I expected the same of the Live Aqua. Big mistake!

Vacation of a Lifetime!

We have ZERO complaints.

We experienced the vacation of a lifetime at Live Aqua! The environment was beautiful and serene, the staff catered to all of our needs, and everything we wanted was already included in the cost of the stay (including room service and minibar items).

Feeling alive in Cancun
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

You need to pay to access the wellness center The Sea was very rough when we were there.

All inclusive deal and great quality of food and drinks. Super friendly staff.

Staff tried hard but too many structural issues in the building.
    • Aqua Club - Ocean Front

Our room had to be changed 4-5 times for various reasons including a/c not working, sink backing up, window/door leaks, wet sheets, non-working refrigerator in room.

Pool and cabanas were great, beach beautiful.

Amazing!
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The room we were was a bit loud, you could hear the bar downstairs. But everything was nice and quiet after 11pm.

All the staff are very nice and friendly. The hotel is super clean, including the pool and beach areas. The restaurants are amazing and the breakfast is impressive, with all kinds of fresh fruits, eggs, breads and much more. I loved my experience and would definitely stay here again!

Lovely adults only resort for people who seriously want to relax
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

There are no reservations at the restaurants,so unless you get to dinner at 7:30 you are going to wait an hour! Also there was a massive water leak in one of our rooms and my friends didn't have working water for a whole day.

I loved the service! Every morning we would set up by the pool and Manuel would come over with morning waters for me and my friends. The dinner service was really phenomenal and we had awesome meals every night.

Amazing Place! Recommended.
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The pool service was a tad slow. And the Buffet Dinner was mediocre, but there are so many choices that are great, it didn’t matter.

Food and drinks were great! The place was very clean, and the servers were amazing.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Location, Accommodations, and Service to the Max!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

The food was what you can expect of a hotel. While I wasn't disappointed, I wasn't blown away either.

The Staff was wonderful. EVERYONE greeted us with a Hello no matter the time of day or their position at the property. The Concierge was friendly, the wait staff lovely. The room also was fantastic, beds comfy and view on point!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Beautiful resort, beautiful location
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Though the cabanas were easy to book, they weren't the cleanest. Granted, these are outside and prone to birds AND they did cover with towels, but some pillows had dried poop on it. Some of the cabanas did have great service. May be because of placement? But I figure if we're paying more for these, we should get great and constant service. We would go for as long as an hour before having someone come by. WiFi was also not accessible outside of the resort, just FYI.

Definitely everything we had hoped for - with a little more. Great options for food (some restaurants were better than others) and drinks. All services were plentiful and all the workers really were extremely hospitable. Offered a great rate for an upgrade when we checked in, which we took, and so glad we did. Room was spacious, ocean front view was amazing. Cabanas were easy to book!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Dream vacation
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Awesome. Spring for the club level- it is totally worth it for the private snacks, bar, and cabanas with foot massage. Also our whole group agreed the spa was the necest we have been to.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Nice resort...Check-in staff need further professional training
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The reception staff did not leave a good impression. Upon arrival they did very little to explain the layout of the hotel and what facilities were available to us. They also didn't clarify the system they use to charge our stay. As a result, upon checkout we were confused as to how the charges were being applied. When we queried it, the receptionist at the check-in desk made little effort to explain their system. When we asked additional questions just to be clear on how charges were going to be made, she became rude and patronizing. This ruined our experience. We have since advised all our friends and family to look elsewhere while they stay in cancun, as such customer service is not what one expects while on holiday.

The restaurant staff and spa staff were all very friendly. The hotel is conveniently located by a nice large shopping center filled with restaurants and shuttles to other activities in cancun.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Beautiful and relaxing property with great food!
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Sporadic service at the pool, minimal activities planned/scheduled events didn't occur and/or weren't communicated

Great healthy food options and prime location!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Good, staff, facility, location.
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

This is our third time to stay Live Aqua, and this time is to spend Christmas in the tropics. Most of guests are in 30-50 years old, we are in 40s. We certainly are party animals and prefer a more low key vacation. However, it is Christmas time!!! There is no special events being arranged that people can interact with each other to celebrate this holiday besides a an opera singers performanced about 30 minutes. This is a all inclusive adults only high end Resort, and Cancun is not like other cities in Mexico where have more tourist attractions near by. Besides high end shopping malls across the street, there are not many things to do in Cancun. The famous ruins are 6 hours away by car. Therefore, if the hotel lacks of activities for the guests, eventually 3+ days of stay will start getting boring. My point here is that we don''t need 20 events each day, but certainly the hotel top management needs to put more efforts on how to engage guests to enjoy each other' presence, and how to keep guests inside of the hotel without getting bored.

Good, staff, facility, location.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Wonderful place to relax and enjoy vacation
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The elevator is not that good. The close button never works.

Staff there is very very friendly. They have great food and drinks. The location is awesome. Not only the best beach, but also close to two malls!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

One of the cooks at omelette station in Siete allowed some...
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

One of the cooks at omelette station in Siete allowed some guests to order their food ahead of the line. That is unfair & rude. Whether they are friends or not, they should wait their turn.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Perfect stay
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The food was great, especially the sushi station. The stuff was lovely, they are so nice and gentle. We got every think we asked for and even more, and all of this with a big smile. The mall is located just a few walks from the hotel so that was another benefit. Had a perfect end for our honeymoon. Would love to come back.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great location and staff for a fun couples vacation
    • Deluxe Room with Terrace - Ocean Front

evening meal choices were limited. menus didn't change.

Staff were all extremely friendly. Facilities, pools, cabanas, recliners, were all in very good condition and clean. Lots of choices of where to relax. Morning buffet was very good with high quality and lots of options.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

5***** Excellent
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Nothing...absolutely nothing at all! (Only the weather but at 32c and being a ginger I would)

Absolutely everything!!! The staff went above and beyond and were perfectly accommodating. We didn't try the spa as we were relaxed enough following a hectic NYC trip but would definitely book into next time. Saving up to come again for an anniversary visit :)

Uncomfortable and was eager to leave.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The staff was extremely rude, have the restaurant close at night and the hotel is old and dated.

Wait to book until renovation is over if you like to take an afternoon nap
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

They are renovating and the rooms were noisy 8 to 6 Monday to Friday. Supposed to continue until October 2018

Everything else was spectacular.

Everything was just amazing!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Everything was just amazing!!!

Worth to Try!
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

If the Reception of SPA and restaurant have more smile like the therapist, that will be perfect!

For $800 a night it’s not worth it.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Service , food. It’s over price!!

For $800 a night it’s not worth it.

Excellent service, food ans facilities. Confirtable beds

Checkout time

Food and service was incredible

Horrible Stay! Rip Off!
    • Aqua Club - Ocean Front

Horrible food quality! They had concert with lots of noise at night!

Location is great

Good for relaxing
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Long waiting time at the restaurants. Ambiente in the cellar Not the best

Very good Restaurants, quite relaxed hotel

Fabulous!

Excellent service. Beautiful hotel

Beach and pool.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Everything was perfect except food. I guess all inclusive means a lot of bad food.

Beach and pool.

Staff, Spa, Pools and Beach Amazing!!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Staff goes above and beyond.Spa was amazing. Food in some of the restaurants excellent.Pools were pristine. Beach and water superb.

Amazing luxury hotel ideal for honeymoon
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Some employees at some restaurants were not up to the standard

The pool,coctails,the beach

I can't wait to go back

Amazing experience
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The room furniture needs to be updated and the restaurant tables and chairs needs to be updated.

The Staff was very helpful and friendly.

I will be back next year..... the best vacation I ever had!

I loved everything

The staff was awesome

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Pool, restaurants, staff, beach service

Pool, restaurants, staff, beach service

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

We'll come back!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

The rooms are a little dated.

The location is superb, the outdoor grounds are beautiful and spacious. The food is excellent.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

We truly loved everything!
    • Deluxe Room with Terrace - Ocean Front

That we upgraded! I think we would have liked to seen the other room first before making a choice. But still enjoyed

We truly loved everything!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great stay
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Sarah the concierge was amazing!

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Great Resort!!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Speciality restaurant had e tea charge.

Great pool beautiful beach area.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Great resort
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Second visit. Not disappointed. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Too Pricey

Too Pricey

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Excellent trip

Rooms are a bit dated

staff were lovely, hotel facilities were excellent, good position

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great new year stay!
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony - Ocean Front

Asian restaurant can improve.

The staff, location, facility, and food were great!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Not to be missed!!!

Leaving!!

Best hotel in Cancun.

Live Aqua far exceeded expectations!
    • Aqua Club - Ocean Front

Amazing beach! Amazing pools! Great entertainment! Great food and good selection of drinks!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Amazing for a relaxing time
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

It is a great hotel with many options to eat and drink, it has a great location (in front of La Isla shopping center and very near to Kukulcan mall)

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

The Tierra Suite upgrade includes access to the Aqua Club, a...

The Tierra Suite upgrade includes access to the Aqua Club, a daily cabana with a daily 20 minute foot massage. Suite has 2 bathrooms & 2 balconies. Worth the money!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Everything was fantastic, particularly The Hidden Garden and...

Everything was fantastic, particularly The Hidden Garden and MB restaurants. All staff were fantastic. Everywhere spotlessly clean. Just perfect.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Loved the staff!

Found nothing that I did not like

Loved the staff! They pamper you! Highly recommend the Aqua Club level. Siad makes great drinks and really cares about the guests! Food was amazing!

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Everyone was so friendly and accommodating!

My food was always on the cool side. Some areas on the property, our room included, could use a little TLC maintenance with tile repairs and such.

Everyone was so friendly and accommodating! Environment was outstanding. I loved my pineapple drink!!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

All inclusive package is a good deal and convenient for...

Sound proof, can hear people speaking loudly in the corridor

All inclusive package is a good deal and convenient for guest. My wife likes the welcome hand massage.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

The food was excellent in every resturant!

Checking in was verrry long! Then we had to listen Edgar about a vacation club offer for way too long. After a long flight, that was the very last thing we wanted to do. The next morning, we got a 9:00 call from him asking if we wanted to reconsider the vacation club. OMG, on our first morning to sleep in. Too much! We tried to get more of the same appetizer at Siete on our first night. They were delicious so we ordered more. The waiter seemed to "forget" about them. What it felt like was that we had maxed our per capita allotment of appetizers....all inclusive?

The food was excellent in every resturant! he staff at the beach and pool was amazing! We will be returning.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Definitely go get a suite!

We expect more surprises!

Definitely go get a suite! Great food, memorable food, well-trained staff and so much more.. Special thanks to Freddy for the room and Noe & his crew for the wonderful noon times at the pool.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

The staff was so helpful and nice made the stay soooo...

They were super pushy trying to get us to buy into the owners club. They claimed it would only take 30 minutes and if we didn't like it that was fine. We ended up going at 8am and finished a little after 11:30am that was SO upsetting.

The staff was so helpful and nice made the stay soooo enjoyable. When they say it's all inclusive it really is the drinks were awesome and everyone there was so attentive.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

This is one of the best well-run resorts that I have ever...

I would like to see a better wine selection.

This is one of the best well-run resorts that I have ever stayed. I have been a guest at many upscale hotels, and this is just as good as a Ritz or Four Seasons. We had first class food, service and amenities. The beach location is spectacular. We really enjoyed meeting staff members, especially Danny, who worked in the Asian restaurant. We are already planning our return trip.

There are also 53 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun traveller photo gallery