Reviews of Occidental Costa Cancún 4 stars

Boulevard Kukulkan Km 4.5 Lote D7 5 Zona Hotelera, 77513 Cancún, Mexico

#41 of 161 hotels in Cancún

3.6

There were times were I felt extreme prejudice which is very sad seeing as though mi esposo es Mexicano. When blacks came to the snack bar the hid the alcohol. Yet allowed everyone else to take a bottle to their table while they stroll chicken nuggets and sandwiches.

The bartenders were nice

The resort lacks entertainment. If you are beach lover, this isn’t the place for you. The beach is tiny! It can get really boring. The place is small. The staff was very kind and courteous. Very helpful!

Rooms were clean. All inclusive mini bar available. Staff was very helpful! Claraboya was amazing food! Fresh and delicious. You must make reservations. The buffet food was not the best, but if you get there early when food is fresh you wont disappoint.

The food was terrible and everything made us sick. There weren’t many options as far as edible foods and my travel party mostly ate vegetables.

the staff were friendly and willing to help.

Our bathroom had an smell coming from it and after you took a shower the water wouldn’t go down. The bathroom needed to be redone and redecorated. The food was ok, but could have been better.

The staff was amazing and really nice.

• Double Ocean Front

Not sure how much space I have. Trip booked 24hrs prior to going. Property exceeded everything we thought of. We were greeted with smiles offered an upgrade to oceanfront balcony. We arrived around 12 noon checkin was not until 3 but they were able to accommodate us. 3 Restaurants (Italian seafood and Mexican) not including the buffet restaurant. Menu changes every day breakfast lunch and dinner. Superb service and food. Great pool and Private beach offer games water aerobics beach aerobics Zumba pool volleyball bingo amongst others. Beach bar also. Property is fabulous it is all inclusive really except for wine and lobster otherwise all food and drinks are all included. Nightly poolside entertainment also in the lobby a pianist and or violinist play. Because of future interest facilities are available for wedding (beach or gazebo) Loved this property. Small thing didn't think about I have allergies. They cut grass on property didn't smell at all which was weird but appreciated. property has outside offers to go to Cozumel only an hour away. Just a few feet away you can board a party boat the dancer or pirate party boat. or Jet ski with the option to have pictures taken and video for a minimal fee.If you choose this property you WILL NOT be sorry. Occidental is GREAT.

The cleaners stole my sunglasses and my souvenir cups. Then when I spoke to security about it they totally dismissed my issue asking if the glasses were designer and my cups are free so it shouldn't matter.

The rooms, pool and food. The drinks are ok (watered down).

Our stay was incredible, thanks to the amazing staff! They all have been incredibly nice to us. The servers, bartenders, supervisors and entertainment teams are so impressive, they really do a great job! The food is absolutely delicious and the pool area is stunning, you will see it from your room. Also, very safe... Enjoy your stay!

From check in ! The receptionist were very rude! It was a group of 8 and we asked them to get rooms next to each other and the manager guaranteed us we will only to find out they put us in different builldings ! As if that wasn’t enough! The elevator wasn’t working and we had to go to the 3rd floor using steps ! Very poor ! Went back to the front desk and asked them to change us and they refused ! I requested to cancel the hotel as we were not comfortable ! The manager agreed and said they will only charge us one night and we get our money back as we had booked for 5 nights ! Same night we tried to have dinner and we couldn’t because they told us we had to make reservations a night before ( something the front desk didn’t tell us when we checked in ) the only restaurant that was walk in was the buffet and the food was cold and tasteless ! We actually had to leave the hotel and go somewhere else to get food ! What’s the point of an all inclusive ? We let that pass ! The next morning, we went to check out and get our money back and the lady at the front desk said she didn’t know what we were talking about ! They all started speaking in Spanish and we spent 2 hours at the check out waiting for them to refund the money ! While we were waiting, a drunk guy came by and threw up all over our luggage ! We tried to get the hotel stuff’s attention and nobody did anything about it ! By the way , this was my birthday trip that Occidental turned into a nightmare ! This is the worst resort ever ! Definitely don’t recommend anybody to go there !!

Nothing at all !

The staff were very friendly and extremely patient. Coming from the USA I had not called my bank to inform them of travel plans. The front desk worked with me to ensure that I was able to get in touch with my bank and pay for my room. Even with the resort being sold out, they made a stressful situation better. The staff knew my name and was very helpful in arranging transportation and other fun activities for my family that ranged from 21-57 years of age. The free activities at the resort were amazing! Brandon and Shayla, aka the The Life of the Party, kept us entertained at the pool. From dancing to water aerobics to bracelet making.

The fact that nicer restaurants in site had to be booked a day in advance and spaces were full by 8am. Tried for three days and still couldn't get a booking. Most front office staff were unwelcoming. Calling to complain about noise at 3am and was given attitude.

The hotel staff on the front desk were rude all apart from 1. The wait staff and bar staff were wonderful. We made friends around the pool and had fun with the games etc but the first room was damp smelling. We were moved. The second room was better in size and had a terrace but was so noisy and every night was kept away by the noises from the people upstairs,fridge and extremely noisy air conditioning.

There were no clubs at the resort and the bar closed very early

The staff were always friendly and I loved the location. Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Double Ocean Front

The room we reserved was not what was given at check in. We reserved an extra large room with sofa. That would fall under Booking.com to make sure what they show is given at check-in. We did have an awesome view of the hotel pool oceanfront which was overall very nice. Also the door to room 525 had a huge crack which made the door not close properly & the lock would catch at closing the door making light shine thru into the room all night. We didn't get early check-in as requested & our mini bar was empty of water & we had to request at front desk twice. Around 9 or 10 that evening we had to go back to front desk for fresh water to be given to us. After that we didn't have any more issues.

Overall the hotel was a wonderful place to stay as the hotel was very much like a 5 star but due to some of the food & very small details it falls short of the rating.

• Double Ocean Front

The only negative was low water pressure. Other than that one thing, we were very happy with our choice of this resort and will recommend to our friends!

The staff was wonderful, friendly and always ready to help! The food was good, not great but good. The pool was always clean, the activity staff was awesome! The grounds were well maintained and overall the service was excellent! We will be back, next time with the kids... Don't miss the Michael Jackson Show!!! Also, the bed was better than expected with wonderful linens.

• Double Ocean Front

I was double charged for my stay. I was charged by Occidental Costa Cancun and Booking.com. I booked though Booking.com and paided in full at time of booking. I presented my paided receipt at check in. I am still awaiting a credit from Occidental Hotels.

• Double Ocean Front

I didn't like the fact that Booking.com ripped me off. I paid for 4 guest but only 3 of us were able to go. I called Booking.com to let them know way in advance & they didn't want to nor did they refund me for the 4th person. All inclusive resorts charge per person. I will not book with booking again.

I loved everything about Occidental Costa Cancun except for the wifi. The "PAID" wifi don't work in your room. Only in the lobby, pool area, restaurants, and beach area. The staff was very nice, food was good, entertaining shows & fun activities on site. The view from my room was GORGEOUS!

bad policy that you have to pay for the wifi and it was only allow to use in one device. Mostly, the wifi signal was very bad.

food was good, beach is small but with good vibe.

• Double Ocean Front

We reserved 2 rooms wanted adjoining rooms but did not happen we were on the same floor though. Both rooms were ocean front room 302 can't see water due to palms. Also, both rooms had very small balconies For what I paid I was VERY disappointed. We never had hot water to shower. Sheets and towels were very scratchy feeling. Our AC worked but leaked onto floor. Music was very load and went on till 2 AM Most annoying !! Hall noise was very bad also we also could hear people in room above us. In hotels defense, it was spring break time and a lot of drinking and partying was going on contributed to noise. Front desk check in went smooth but ladies seemed very stressed also wrist bands put on way to tight! Room very overpriced for what you get. Beach small .very limited swimmimng area limited water very calm here only waves you get are from boats going in and out in channel next to swimming area. No wi fi in rooms and they charge you if you need this. This is 2018 what hotel does not have wifi in rooms !! Will not staynhere again!

Staff was very helpful. Beds were very comfortable. Food at buffet was good especially breakfast. Mini bar in the room was very nice. The pool was excellent. Pool bar was good with top shelf drinks bartenders were excellent and went out of their way to help you. The staff at this property made this stay!!!

Food, serves, receptionist and there's always people in the lobby trying give you a free gift which it means a visit to another hotel!!!

I didn't like anything! Worst vacation ever!!

The recepcion very bad! Check in wrong check out wrost! They told us that we ain t paid but i gave them my receipt! they gave us some keys of a room that it was occupied already!so i can enter in the room 55minutes after! When we check out 40minutes waiting because they lost my receipt of pay(that i gave them on check in) i told them that i had a flight in 2h and after 40minutes they told just sorry!! In a while other people comes because they gave wrong staffs! Finally it was my first and last time in it!

Cleaner

I didn’t like the beach. It is very narrow, water is not clear because of the ferry dock right nearby. This is not the beach you have in mind when imagining the Caribbean coast.

Overall it’s a good value for money. Friendly staff, very helpful, nice food and really gooooood margaritas :) the hotel is great.

All the staff we interacted with were very friendly, helpful and professional. The place is spotlessly clean everywhere - including bathrooms by the pool. The grounds were very well maintained. I found the location very entertaining, watching boats coming in & out

How many college students were there. They make it seem like a couples and family resort on their website which is why we chose this resort. We were very unpleased with how many spring breakers were there, since they make it come off as the total opposite.

Great staff

..girls shount be running in lobby with thongs on. No wonder they get in trouble. All workers work hard. Pepe was excelent in breakfast. Entertainment crew excellent. Friendly.. Philipe was excelent at night and worked very hard

Thd room was close to all the amenities i need

• Double Room with Terrace

There was not one think we did not like... My only suggestions was to allow the men to wear knee length dress/golf shorts to the restaurants that require reservations :) - just for comfort sake.

We loved everything! Room clean and restocked everyday. The staff is friendly, engaging, accommodating. An expansive variety of foods. Beach was amazing. Poor fun. Entertainment was fun! We are coming back and bringing the entire family!

• Double Ocean Front

Booked the room with a ocean view but it was covered by the trees. Lots of dried seaweeds,leaves branches, thats why were kinda disappointed coz we expected that it was very clean like we saw in the picture when we booked.

Food was great, the pool was awesome. The view love it!

• Double Room with Terrace

Weak Wi-Fi. Glad I didn't pay for it. The area does have 4G, so we just used our cellular data and didn't have any issues. Needs a nightclub! Upcharges. They charge you for dinner upgrades (just for the lobster), wine (other than table wine), lost room keys, Wi-Fi , and room service.

Comfortable bed, stocked mini fridge (included), fantastic food, superb service, meticulous landscaping, accommodating staff, top-shelf liquor, fun entertainment (beach stretches and ocean aerobics were great!), nightly shows. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Staff were rude. Room was appaling. Food was disappointing. Value for money?? Definitely not. Wish I had of gone somewhere else. Boring activities, restaurants were closed and unless you made a reservation your only choice was the buffet which was terrible and lacking in any real choices not to mention I got sick both days from eating there..

It was on the caribbean ocean

• Double Ocean Front

My room 206 was located under a construction or renovation site . Every morning 6:45am the banging drill hammer and hammering was non stop. And this was my second room.

Food was ok .. however their meal system was horrible.

Having to get down to lobby by 7 am to get dinner reservations for that night was a little annoying. It would also be nice to have food at pool/beach. Also, property doesn't have a hot tub.

The Michael Jackson show was amazing. Majority of the staff very friendly and helpful.

The room was nice but the location of the room was awful. If you want to sleep in the sun out on the beach but not in your room it’s ok. Subpar. you cannot relax in your room there. The location of the resort itself is the only bonus this place has going for it. It was awful I don’t know what it is about that place but every sound radiates throughout the entire room. you can hear every time somebody pushes in a chair pull on a chair throughout that side. I can hear plates clanking all day. I had a view of a wall of building and it was their facility side so I heard all day long (starting at 6:30 am-11pm) kitchen staff, work staff, somebody welding, so incredibly loud and annoying hard to relax if you want to nap don’t think about it. I don’t even understand why they had a sliding glass door or balcony to overlook the staff facilities of the building next-door. For that alone we most likely will not return it was so loud. Also if you asked for reservations for one of the restaurants they were always full by 11 or 12 in the morning (they only reserve daily) and then you would walk by the specialty restaurant and there would be nobody in them.

The location of the beach, is on the calm side. Beaches on the hotel strip are always extremely crowded and with really big waves. Here the water is always calm there’s plenty of chairs lots of shade or are you can move to the sun . Some of the wait staff was great. Walking distance from many other restaurants and shopping.

Nothing really to complain about. One thing to be aware of, WiFi is not free. Cost was $8 USD/day and at that fee, it works for only one user at a time. Wife and I both bought access for 3 days for $50 USD. While that seems steep, bear in mind that on top of less than $100/day/person for all-inclusive, the total cost was still a bargain. WiFi worked for me all the time on my Mac; didn't work very well for wife on iPad; don't know why.

We got a bargain. 3 people in a room for less than $100 USD/day all-inclusive. Food was very good; room was very good. Beach was small but not really crowded; plenty of beach chairs. Plenty of shade from palm trees. Beach was accessable on one side for a long walk. Beach is somewhat sheltered from wave action by being opposite to Isla Mujeres.

The buffet did not differ greatly even though theme nights suggested it should have. My wife and I both suffered food poisoning and help from the concierge was almost non existent. Tours through hotel were overpriced.

The restaurants were ok, the sea and the sea temperature was magnificent and the scenery was stunning

• Double Ocean Front

They never tell you that you have to turn your wristband back in at checkout the checkout experience was horrible we missed our flight because of that

• Junior Suite Front Ocean View

Beach was man made and small. No drink service at the pool or beach regardless of how much you tipped. Cleaning crew doesn’t pick up plastic cups (restaurant type glasses they serve drinks in). Not sure what is up with that but they collect in the hall or in the room I guess until the bar runs out?!?

The junior suite room was huge. Even had a bar area and small table and chairs where you could entertain friends. Deck size was huge. Nice size bath. Overall could use some updating. Pool area was nice. Lots of chairs so that wasn’t a problem at the pool or on the beach.

TV guide listed 12 channels in English, there were only 2.

Everything was as expected. Good food. Good drinks. Good facilities. A little language barrier if you only speak English.

The drinks were really watered down and there was trash visible while they did construction. Still nice place for the price. Definitely get off the resort and explore.

The staff were really good. Please try the cranberry juice. Massage was extremely relaxing as well. Head to the snack bar to book your excursions with the local expert agent. Also, you can use them to get transportation back to the airport. The Mexican restaurant is the best (they let u take shots before dinner).

• Double Ocean Front

The food was poor the the front desk staff was not helpful and that why i change hotel to aloft wss the staff was great and thanks to booking for helping to make it happen because it was my honeymoon.

Its landscape

Very noisy throughout the day. Can be more suitable for families and less for couples No free wifi, expensive to pay the fee when all you get is one device access The place is pretty isolated, so everything we wanted to do outside the hotel had to be done with a bus or taxi

We liked the food and this is very important when staying in all-inclusive hotel We liked that the beach is close

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Double Ocean Front

I would recommend more restaurants and updated music.

I chose Occidental Costa Cancun, because of the reviews and it definitely met my expectations. I was celebrated my daughter's Sweet 16 and my birthday and our were stay was amazing!!!!!!! Amazing Staff !!

The hotel is old, there was a bad smell of mold or something like that in the room. The biggest dissatisfaction is a small swimming area on the beach, so we had to go to the city beach playa delfines which is located 10 miles from the hotel

The food was good.

The beach can get a little smelly at times but that can’t be helped

This place is incredible the wait staff are fantastic would highly recommended this resort to anyone

WiFi was not included, and when purchased it was very slow and did not work all around the hotel. Beach was very small. Location - far from everything else.

Big pool with lots of sunbeds, good food with plenty of choices, helpful staff and good service. Location - right next to the boats to Isla Mujeres.

There was not friendlyness from front staff at all they are the first point of contact yet I did get treated very kind by the bell hop ( anti line) at all or most of the serving staff either,the pasta and egg station were grumpy

The entertainment at night was great the shows and the piano/ guitar Brandon is great with guest he makes connections. Like the convienece of having the ferry right there

Beach could be a little bit bigger

The staff were so nice and friendly. The rooms were nice. The food was great. Each night has a different theme which was fun and entertaining.

The canoes weren't available to be borrowed because the port was closed, yet boats and jet skies were everywhere.

The buffets are amazing! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and the snack bar is open 24/7! The themed dinner reservations were easy to make, those dinners were fantastic! Staff is very attentive. Fun activities for the family. The night shows were awesome, great entertainment. Plenty of beach and pool side chairs! Public transportation and taxi access very convenient.

No wifi in most places. Wifi was not free and when you paid it didnt work very well. The restaurants had dress codes but they were not posted. The staff at the pool was inattentive and at times the ability to get pool towels was non-existent.

The food was excellent and the facilities were good, but not great. The staff was very helpful and suggested nice options of things to do.

Food is very medium. Buffe is very simple and there are not more then 2-3 good dishes at a time. A la cart restaurnat are a little bettter but limited on space. You have to make reservation early in morning to unsure it. Spa is nice but it was fruastrating to find out it divided for women and men, so we couldnt enjoy it together! For some reason, occidental choose to charge additional fee for wifi and we had to pay 25$ for it. Hotel activity were medium as well.

Room was nice and clean.

Snack Bar/upstairs- nats and flies on fruit/food. Meats and cheeses needed to be kept colder. Fan would be nice to keep nats off of food. Fans need to be ON in restaurants and beach bar. Need fans for guests and bar staff in these areas. Although it is outdoors and "tropical". I have never sweat or been warmer at any resort than this one. Missing credit card from my bag in room on 1st night. Missing Ray Ban sunglasses on second day... hmmm...

Clean pool and common areas. Friendly staff. Clean rooms.

The reception staff horrible, they all had attitude I had to beg them to help me with a problem I had with my reservation . Not good at all

Small and easy access

• Double Room with Terrace

Quality of food at the buffet was OK (good chicken but terrible ice creams)

Good value for money. OK food at the buffet / Very good food at the restaurant

The food was terrible in the buffet. The only good food was in the restaurant. But you need a reservation for them.

Location is close to shops and restaurants.and live shows by the pool most nights of the week

Check in was lengthy, ridiculous prices for wifi, food in 24 hour cafe was horrible, they only restocked my mini bar when requested and room service was an extra $50USD minimum. The hotel wouldn't let our friends visit our room for a shower- they wanted to charge us $40USDpp just to go to our room- ridiculous!

The breakfast buffet was good, plenty of options.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

Check-in was a mess. Hundreds of people standing in line, they really didn't know how to navigate the crowd. Very confusing trying to find the room. Most of the staff you communicate with (staff who take your dinner reservation etc.) don't speak english, and if they do, its broken english and you can't get your point across and be understood. THE ROOM HAD MOLD!!!!!!!!! AND WAS SMELLY. The beach was disgusting, The water were dirty, and the hotel created a small area for the beach goers cleared with nets. A lot of boats there, so the fuel is being dumped in the water, would never go in the water. definitely not worth your money.

Food and drinks were good.

I didn't like for the price that wifi wasn't free. Also transportation from and to the airport would be nice to be included.

Check in at the front desk was easy , the staff was super helpful, we missed our flight the day before and they were so kind to work out the charge for us for the no show , that alone made me want to return there .The food was good , the staff was amazing, helpful, kind and spoke English very well. Our room was well located , which I liked.

The food was amazing! The restaurants awesome! The guy at the pool with the towels I believe his name is malvendino he was amazing taught my husband and I how to scuba dive he hooked us up on awesome excursions. Will definitely return 😊

N/a

I liked how everything was so close to the hotel. The pool and beach was great. There were three different restaurants and they were immaculate..

• Junior Suite Front Ocean View

The food and alcoholic beverages were not very good.

Everything was great but the food was sub-par. The selections were limited, it didn't taste all that good and the a la carte restaurants needed reservations, and they were usually all booked up before 9am. That only left the buffet, which wasn't very good. We felt the drinks tasted artificially sweet and watered down.

The food was subpar everything was overcooked and taste bland. The system used to reserve a table in the restaurant needs to be worked out also.

The pool is very nice. I appreciate that the resort wasn't too spread out over a large area, making everything easily accessible. The staff is super friendly.

Nobody gives us introduction of the facilities, we have to figure out everything by ourselves. And when we checking in, it took a very long time for them to find our reservation.

Great value for the money. All-inclusive hotel get everything you wanted for vacation. The food is great. And we got a great view from room.

Horrible food, small and dingy beach, uninviting pool, horrible restaurants.

Worst food, beach was tiny and uninviting, so was the pool. We never went in.

That's what was dissatifying about the front desk staff. They were totally CLUELESS! They probably had thousands of dollars they could have exchanged with me but refused. The bar staff ignored me unless I was with my friend Greg who comes often to the resort. But if I didn't want a drink or money exchanged everything was PERFECT.

I loved the staff that came to clean my room every day I just regret I couldn't leave them any money because I couldn't get change from the front desk even though they had plenty of cash to exchange with me. All I had was 100 dollar bills.

• Double Ocean Front

Only con: WIFI was not the best,but that can also be a pro.

The food choices were great. The staff was very nice. Very family friendly. The nightly shows and their onsite market were great. Hotel was close enough to malls and the perfect spot for boarding the Jolly Rogers pirate ship for dinner and a show cruise. Walking to distance to Starbucks too! Finally, great pool.

It was really hard to get answer to our airport shuttle questions. The food was mediocre. And the beach was really small.

The food could have been better, and the beach was really small. Staff was friendly, and the weather was great!

The beds are uncomfortable and they are full size beds instead of queen size, it really makes a difference. Some of the front desk staff were not helpful while others were, wish they all would provide the same information and not contradict. We had to pay for Wifi, per phone per day!!! This is a bit ridiculous nowadays, and the service was not good. Overall the service was great and staff was friendly and helpful.

The cleanliness was key and the resort was quite clean, including the pool!! The all-inclusive food options was beyond amazing. Could not believe the variety, freshness and delicious Mexican cuisine!

Absolutely disliked having to make reservations for gourmet dinners or were stuck with buffet which was 5/10 for me. The beach was small and water was dirty, the sand was dirty. The staff was SOO HUMBLE AND FRIENDLY. THE ROOMS WERE AMAZING. It was a split split for me. Definitely not impressed with food.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

The wifi we paid for did not work. And as Cancun is very humid and the hotel has marble floors our room got very slippery, almost dangerous to get up at nitght in the dark.

We liked the pool, the food was good and the bars were good. The staff was friendly.

the only thing I didn't like is that my party of 6 could never get a reservation for the other restaurants (it was said if my party was smaller I could)

The Room was very clean, and location of my room was right over the Pool area (great)

• Double Room with Terrace

What didn’t I like? Well, where to begin! Staff- The staff were friendly at times but most of the time they seemed tired and uninterested. Food- The food was so bland! It wasn’t bad and I’m not a fussy eater at all (I live in Japan and eat some pretty strange stuff) but I came to Mexico to try some of that amazing Mexican food and there was none of that to be found at the hotel. It’s like that food was made not to offend anyone or indeed excite anyone. If the food was a colour it would be grey. Scam- The other thing I didn’t like was the scam that their concierge staff tried to get me and my wife into. We were told by their staff that they’d like to send us to their sister hotel just down the road for breakfast and a look around the hotel to see if we liked it and then by doing that maybe we’d return and stay there. For our trouble they’d give us a beach bag and a free bottle of tequila so, me and my wife think “sweet, let’s do it”. What a massive mistake! They called us a cab (which was free I should add) and headed down there. We were met at the door by some staff and taken down to breakfast where the member of staff that was allocated to us sat and uncomfortably had breakfast with us. We had some nice uncomfortable small talk and then it was straight to business. The real reason they had sent us down there was to get us into some kind of holiday club thing. He starts asking us loads of questions and then we go for a walk around the hotel. Once the tour was done we were taken back to the office to talk numbers. During this whole thing I’m telling the guy “there’s no way and I’m not at all interested” but he persists. So after a while he gets the picture and says “Ok I get it but I’ve just got to call my manager over so he can see what’s happened and you can be on your way.” The guy comes over and there begins some Oscar winning acting! He comes over and is like” ah, I see ok but hey did you offer them the *wink wink* other deal??”.

The beach bar was great and they had a pretty big selection of cocktails. I didn’t feel like they skimped or water down the drinks at all. The snack bar even though the food is pretty bad it is really convenient. Me and wife were so jet lagged and super hungry and even that dry nasty food was a nice surprise at like 4am.

Food in the restaurants was adequate for the 3 days we spent but may not have been enough to keep longer customers happy.

Location was very centrally located and in walking distance to the port and the beech. Pool and bars where of good standard and both offered a good selection of beverages.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nothing it was perfect!

The service was particularly incredible, the staff were absolutely lovely. This was our first experience with an 'all inclusive' and the standard of food and drink were streets above what we expected. The whole experience was amazing and we can't fault it.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Double Ocean Front

Wifi is $12/day and not even that great, food is unimpressive. Didn't even get to try the restaurants for dinner because if you don't make reservations at 7 AM you won't get one. Then, even if there are open tables when you walk in, they won't seat you. Kind of disappointing to pay for all-inclusive when we had to leave the resort multiple times to get good food.

Everything was very clean. Entertainment during the day at the pool was fun. Close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The private beach is very small and not great for swimming, but good for relaxing. However it's really separated from any other locations and you can really only stay on the property - there's no where to walk around outside. They also have a crazy system for the meal reservations that just doesn't work and we were often turned away for dinner when there were tables available. The food quality isn't great, except for one of the Mexican restaurants, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for over a few days of a stay because of the food. There also aren't great entertainment or evening options when they don't have shows.

I liked that the price was good for an all inclusive experience, and that there was an ease of finding excursions and activities. The evening shows were great.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

If im being picky, I wish that the dacquiris and some of the fruit flavor based frozen drinks had real fruit in them and also a fluffier blanket on the bed. However, these are nit picky and personal preference based opinions-

The resort was great! When we arrived to our room it was clean, the mini fridge was stocked and the air conditioning was on. The hotel set up a lovely welcoming with 2 towel swans on the bed, flower pedals and a bottle of champagne which really started the trip out right. I really enjoyed how nothing in the resort was too far from each other. It was easy to go back to the room if something was forgotten, switch to the pool if the beach was too cold and vis versa. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the resort. The buffet food was good with a lot of options and the dinner reservation spots were perfect for a nice night with delicious specialties to each one. One thing i was worried about on this trip for food was my gluten allergy- this was not a problem in the least! There were plenty of ( if not mostly) naturally gluten free options.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The only thing I can suggest for improvements is in the snack bar. Every day the snack bar had the same things for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I wish they had more to select from, like maybe adding more finger food varieties.

I traveled from California for a 3 night stay and Occidental Costa Cancun is honestly such a beautiful place. The first thing I thought when I arrived was "wow the pictures online do not give this place any justice!" EVERYONE working in this place is so friendly and welcoming. They make you feel safe and comfortable. The food is great. They have buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner which has a variety of food. They also have a "snack bar" at all hours. The drinks are so good too and the bartenders are so much fun! The beach is so spectacular. The water is crystal blue and warm! They have shows every night at the hotel right by the pool, which are entertaining. I cannot wait to go back and I will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

The front desk and gift shop ladies always had an attitude. Most times the room would have a weird smell in the mornings but that was solved by opening the window to our patio. The room was always clean.

I loved that the maids came daily to clean my ro in a timely matter , hardly interfering . The waitress/waiters were extremely pleasant! Dinner was so delicious every restaurant . I was surprised bc the buffet wasn't so great.

Browse Occidental Costa Cancún traveller photo gallery