Reviews of Barceló Puerto Vallarta - All Inclusive 5 stars

Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 11.5, 48294 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#25 of 111 hotels in Puerto Vallarta

4.5

• Suite Deluxe (3 adults)

loved everything about this property ...the views...are to die for..the concierge especially Hamberto was awesome...even had time to play tennis..food was great

• Family Room

The beach is small, a bit crowded and the water had algae and wasnt very clear. Not the best place to swim or go in even, Vallarta has other much more beautiful beaches. Waiters rarely come to where you are sitting near the pool or beach, so had to do several trips to the bar. Cocktails were poorly made (no gas in the soda/coke for instance) and no food can be eaten near the pool or on the beach. So the all-inclusive turns out to be not that good of a deal. Also not vegan-friendly at all.

Nice facilities with big pool and huge rooms. Clean and very beautiful in general

• Suite Deluxe Premium Level

We had some hiccups with the internet and the room keys. It that was because out stay was longer than the average. We also had an issue with the restocking of the room. We were missed entirely one day for towels, and another for the fridge.

We loved how friendly and accommodating the staff was. They were always upbeat and welcoming to our infant daughter. We would stay again if we make it back there! Room Service was wonderful, property offers many things we hope to one day take full advantage of.

There was multiple times I was past up by the bar tender for other people who would arrive after me. Not just one or two people, but multiple amounts. It got to the point I would have to act like a jerk to get a drink. It seemed like as soon as I stopped tipping, and started to act obnoxious I got better service. This is a huge negative, because I’m not comfortable with acting in such a manor. It was only in the pool bar. Everywhere else was superb!

We loved the resort! The food, the rooms, the simple walk to the beach, and the local restaurants.

I loved this property!

I love the area. I liked being out away from town. It is just beautiful. The weather was perfect and we could leave the door open at night to the balcony and get the cool breeze and hear the ocean. The food was good. I liked that they sat you at a table at the buffet. The snack bar was really good too. Drinks were amazing and in a normal size cup, not a thin plastic 8oz cup. We had an amazing time!

• Suite Deluxe

The food is not good. Even in the dinner nights restaurant. There’s no much space between the sea and the hotel, we couldn’t play volleyball.

The pools are very pretty with the decoration.

• Suite Deluxe

For starters the pictures did it no justice, this hotel and location is breathtaking. You feel like you’re in you’re on little island away from everything but yet close enough to go tour the city. The staff and hospitality was beyond amazing. Definitely look forward to staying here again.

• Suite Deluxe

Wish they have more pool side music. It stopped after 5 pm. The activity announcements a little bit too loud.

Very well managed resort, very clean and pretty. Food is good, people are friendly and welcoming, buses to the city is right outside of gate and come often.

• Suite Deluxe Premium Level

Paying extra for the "premium" was not worth it. It took us longer to check in in the Premium lounge than folks checking in at the front desk. The top two floors are premium floors but on check in they wanted to put us on the 5th floor. I sort of pushed the point and they put us on the 7th floor. They never did give us our bottle of complementary tequila. The pool music was awful (LOUD) and the music from the Cantina keep us awake some nights until 2:00 AM.

The grounds were well kept. The staff was super great! The food at all of the restaurants was by far the best I have ever had at a resort. Plenty of options if you want to eat healthy. The maid comes in every day. View from room 2716 was nice.

• Suite Deluxe

The check-in process was cumbersome and took a long time. Check-in was at 3:00 so we waited until 3:00 to get there, but it wasn't ready until later. Unless we wanted a lesser room. When we did go back, there was only one person working and a very long line.

Nice beach, good facilities. Nice pools.

• Suite Deluxe

Pillows were softer than we like. Food at the buffet was often cold, like scrambled eggs for example, the food that should be hot was not generally in a heated container, thus when made half hour earlier or more, would be warm at best when eaten. Easy fix.

Nice property, pools, staff friendly. Supervisor Daniel was very helpful to us personally helping us to change our room to a much better located one, we really appreciated that and him. Don't feel it should be necessary on holiday for a dress code for certain restaurants.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They need to hire more personnel., 2 restaurants service was very poor . Beach towels were not available til After several trips. Elevators are small. Requested a No smoking room and next room was smoking all the smell and smoke came though tha balcony to the room.

• Suite Deluxe

Business meetings without wifi? REALLY? Pitiful that they're still charging per person ($12 per 24 hours), and then it's not reliable. Also, a really rude man at the front desk.

Beautiful setting and pools.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Suite Deluxe Premium Level

Wifi a little weak at times in room, however was able to send texts home while out on the balcony... Food overall very good, however bread/buns not always fresh.

Staff very courteous, friendly and efficient Premium rooms very roomy and clean Great views from just about anywhere

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Wifi signals are super weak not dependable in rooms. Concierge is only available until 5 or 6 after that you have to wait until next day if you need to plan anything or make a dinner reservation. Most guests will go out early and claim chairs by the pool. If the resort is full (weekends) you'd need to get out early to find a good spot or claim it. During the week wasn't as bad with plenty of chairs available.

Staff were all super friendly! Amazing pools and right on the beach! We had one of the family rooms with two bedrooms and two baths. Really nice layout for groups traveling together. Room was comfortable with nice balcony that overlook the pools and ocean front. Food selection was good the buffet had breakfast lunch and dinner options that were all very good. Snack bar another great alternative to take a break from the pool. Restaurants were ok we had the Italians and steak and seafood options both were good but not anything extraordinary. Went into town for one of the days. Bus ride is super easy and super cheap. Concierge provided options to do when we got into town. Would have liked a few more suggestions but we got from other tourists traveling around in town. For the price you can beat this resort and its amenities!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Suite Deluxe

Wi-Fi that you have to pay. I did not connect because I was there a short time, but was very disappointed in that!

Loved that it's on a small beach not private. The pools, the hot tubs and the room with balcony was very spacious, clean and gorgeous! The food had a wide variety and it was good! The specialty restaurant Japanese served very good sushi! The night shows at the theatre and the band at the bar was awesome!!!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Suite Deluxe

mosquites. The crowds on the weekends. We upgraded our room but weren't told about all the perks that were included. Found out later the we could book restaurants every night.

Really nice room on upper floor looking over beach and resort. Food and service were good.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Suite Deluxe

Replacement of washcloths did not always happen. Minor item-- only thing.

I was very happy with the resort. The food in the buffet and restaurants were good. The staff was great. We celebrated a birthday and special desert was provided. Traveled with young and elderly--worked for both.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Suite Deluxe

I have to say the service at the reception area / lobby was... absolutely atrocious! I had to make 4 or 5 stops there because they were never clear on anything or forgot to provide me with things. And it all started as soon as I arrived. There was at least 3 un-occupied staff laughing and chatting amongst themselves, that when I approached, made me feel like I was interrupting them and getting in the way. They provided me with an envelope and piece of paper that explained what the all-inclusive included, but as I was leaving they never told me where my room was, if anyone was available to help me with luggage (as I had my hands full with an infant), and worse - when I finally made it to my room, the envelope where supposedly they had placed my key.. was not there! So there you have me going back to ask for keys! KEYS. Come on people it is not that hard. They also "forgot" to tell me about the towels, wifi, etc... Each time I came back to inquire about something they always seemed annoyed I interrupted their laughter. ASIDE from this terrible terrible service, everyone - and I mean everyone! - was so incredibly sweet, and helpful and always went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable! I had an infant with me so at times, difficult to navigate on my own, but the staff always spotted me when struggling and rushed over to help regardless of what was needed!. Every staff member in this resort deserves 5 stars! Lobby staff - definitely 0!

Our stay was simply magical! Amazing resort and the All-Inclusive really meant "All-Inclusive" with the exception of wifi (which is $10/day and only available in the first floor). The food and the service we received was beyond exceptional! The rooms were very spacious and clean. We used the spa and it was heaven! The beach was clean and water was perfect! Overall the hotel was amazing and would recommend to anyone who doesn't intend to leave the resort (as there is no reason to leave - everything is there!)

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Suite Deluxe (3 adults)

Food was average, need variety not simply local Mexican dishes. Extend pool bar hours. Suggest to include wi-fi with package.

Friendly and attentive staff especially the bell staff, good to know there's in-house security, great facility, wonderful entertainment, the band at the cantina was awesome and water aerobics was fun!

• Family Room

everything

Tours

• Family Suite Premium Level (4 Adults)

Smoke from burning down n the atea it oingered in the top floor

Food Taco stand/snack bar!!

• Suite Deluxe

Daily housekeeping was inconsistent, ex. Missing towels or refilling of minibar

Very attentive staff

• Suite Deluxe Premium Level

The food gets a bit monotonous after a week

Suite was very comfortable and the area is very quiet

• Suite Deluxe

Food was amazing, view from room was great, beautiful setting, beach was private

• Suite Deluxe Premium Level

Not enough Adult only activities and night life (club/disco)

Premium Rooms and amenities

Some outside noise beyond the hotel's control that went on until 4am one night

Everyone was very friendly and they catered to your every need

• Suite Deluxe

Pool music too lound tpo early in the day

No construction

L

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I liked everything at the hotel. There is not one single thing I can complain about.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Suite Deluxe

The nicer resturants where closed and we had to eat at the buffet alot.

The property was outstanding everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Service, food was great . Employes very friendly

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Suite Deluxe

Hotel needs maintenance. Bathrooms and rooms are old.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Suite Deluxe (4 adults)

Very ammeteur entertainment almost embarrassing.

The pillows were perfect.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Suite Deluxe

There are plenty mosquitos, definitely bring bug spray.

Bed was very comfortable, rooms were gorgeous, with working AC.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Family Suite Premium Level

All

Smooth operation.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Suite Deluxe

Amazing!!! We had the most relaxing vacation. Staff was friendly, food was excellent. We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Suite Deluxe

Food, staff service, beach, facilities

The room and drinks were great.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Suite Deluxe

Fleas in the courtyard, the wifi situation.

The location and the price I got.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Suite Deluxe Premium Level (2 adults + 1 children)

They can have better pillows and more options for the premium room.

The people who work there so helpful and always with a smile in their face.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

clear explaination of how towel cards are to be used, and the fact that towels must be turned in at end of use. this could be clearly written up in Spanish and English at the counter where the towels were available!

easy to get all over resort, to pools and restaurants, and all the ready and willing to help staff.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The staff entered the room without knocking, they walked right in. A couple of items were missing from our room. (Sunscreen and Dramamine) we asked for 4 bath towels and were told we could only have 2. we upgraded to the Premium Status and received bad service and were charged extra money for loosing the "id bracelet" the front desk people are rude. I will not stay here again or recommend this hotel. Lack of wine selection and all full was salty

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Food could have been better in some cases. Could always find something we liked.

Our maid was great. Room spectacular with a stunning view. Quite a distance from downtown but taxi not expensive. I would definitely stay there again. Don Quiote's was exceptional. Tony's Hideaway off resort was memorable. Would recommend it highly.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

I think maintenance updates are lacking. Our AC did not go below 22 degrees Celsius. Gym could use some updates and more thorough cleaning.

I like the size of the hotel. Food and people seemed great. Premium club is worth it.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Check-in. Slow. If you get there after six, you can't have a dinner reservation for the first night! Not the room reserved. Got put in two bedroom, not one bedroom suite. Food and all restaurants were local grill quality. Access was made difficult by reservation requirements and complicated rules. Wines were very limited and poor quality. Hundreds of pool chaise locations are 'reserved' with towels by 8am, and most shaded spots remain unused and unavailable for 6 hours! Huge waste and major detraction. You will have to fight for a chaise lounge or get sun burned. This is prohibited at most resorts.

View and beachfront location.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

The Premium Restaurants are below average. The Japanese Restaurant is only a Sushi Bar serving frozen products prepared like a Safeway package. The Italian Restaurant served us poorly prepared and cold food. Only the Spanish format impressed with a good menu and service. The WINE list, which could be a MONEY maker, was foolish. Chile yes, California, NO? Barcelo closes their Concierge at 5pm. No Concierge, no dinner reservation, welcome to the cafeteria. The Premium status is a complicated and never explained set of options. Be sure you have Premium(Restaurant access) every night, and make you first reservation before you leave home. The worst Airport in Mexico will take more than an hour to escape with baggage, through a threatening mob at the curb shouting and grabbing at you. The Barcelo would be an A if it hired a Chef/Food Service manager with International skills. Lack of fine dinning kills the experience. The Puerto Vallarta Airport is half the size needed, and is the primary reason I may never return.

Pool, view, location, facilities get an A

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The concierge lady that sits on the left hand side desk. Absolutely terrible!!! If she worked for me I would have fired her in a heart beat.

Friendliness of staff

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

The ambiance and staff were excellent. The food (especially the local cuisine) was superb. The location, views, and weather were fantastic and releasing baby turtles into the ocean was a life-dream realized!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

We weren't impressed with the restaurant food.

Location was great- we reserved knowing it was away from the hustle and bustle (if you didn't know this then you didn't do you research-your own fault). The setting is beautiful. We were upgraded to a corner master suite and it was huge! Buffet food was good but we weren't impressed with the restaurants. Bring lots of repellent-it's a tropical place so expect bugs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Very good hotel, nice staff and execellent food The room was very satisfying

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Food was so-so

Very friendly and accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Too many kids at the pool bar, that should not be allowed.

The resort was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Long drive from airport.

Drinks and foods were delicious. Also, enjoyed yoga class.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

They go above and beyond to accommodate our every need!! I'm going back next yeat

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

Great location, great service!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

The Staff and service was above our expectations. Just a awesome vacation getaway

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

Damn hurricane cut our trip short!

Beautiful vistas! Fabulous pools. Great staff!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

the quality , and location

people there are nice

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Claudia at check in desk was beyond rude and nasty. We will not return due to her!!!!

Pool staff and waiters were fabulous!!!

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.