Reviews of All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Water Park 4 stars

Carretera Pto. Juarez-Pta Sam, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#169 of 194 hotels in Cancún

3.1

Read more- opens a dialog box

Very disappointed!
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

We arrived 3 hours early, so we were not allowed to check-in. This was fine, because they allowed us to utilize every aspect of the hotel, until our room was ready. However, when we were finally allowed to officially check in, we were told there was “something strange” about our reservation. Eduardo, the front desk rep, took several minutes, flipping thru our paperwork, tying on his computer, before finally telling us that our reservation was only for one person. I pulled up a photo I’d happened to take of our confirmation up on my phone and told him that that’s not true or possible. He went on to tell us that that’s what he showed on his side and that we’d have to pay an additional $300 dollars to add the second person. I tried to contact Booking.com, but we had neither cell service or internet at that point, and I couldn’t get thru. The ENTIRE purpose of our trip was to relax and not stress, so my husband paid it & we decided to wait for our return to address the situation and be reimbursed for this error on their or Booking.com’s part. I fully expect someone to contact us to take care of the situation. Not sure if it was their version of service recovery or not, but he did upgrade our room to a larger one with two levels and a spiral staircase. It was nice, but I’d much rather had the room we booked WITHOUT paying $300 unplanned to receive it. Also, I’d seen on their website that dinner reservations for the restaurants needed to be made between 10a and 1pm. We made our reservations for the 1st night while we waited for our room to ready. We were given a choice of 2 restaurants; Mexican and a fancier “International Cuisine”...we chose Mexican and decided to “save” the fancy outing for the next night. The next morning, when I tried to reserve it, the guy at the guy at the desk told me there was a dinner show and reservations were not necessary. I told him that we didn’t want the dinner show, we wanted to reserve the other restaurant.

It was an all-inclusive...so...the food and drinks were “free”...

6.0
    Go for the water park not for the sea water
    • Standard Room

Poor kids club. Sea water not clean. Standard rooms are quite poor some withoit balcony. Sales of an upgrade are check in priority.

Plenty of food all throigh the day. Drinks readily available. Great water park.

So so
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The main restaurant is the only option with no reservations, the other restaurants needs reservation and the reservation process is a nightmare. You can only reserve from 10am-1:00pm. From 6 days that I stay in the facility I only was able to eat in 1 night in one of the reserved restaurants and the food was not great. Even I could extend my stay I decided to change hotels. The pool is nice but the beach, it should not be called beach.

I like the water park for the kids.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Peaceful location but old and very small property.
    • Standard Room

The hotel could use a remodel. My door did not lock properly and I was nickeled and dimed for Wi-Fi and a lock for the in room safe.

The hotel and beach were not crazy busy like in the Hotel Zone and that I did like.

Great fir families
    • Standard Room

When we got to the property they charged us $75 more than what we were quoted by Booking.com. When I asked why, they said it was because we were not charged for our 12 year old son, only the two adults. I showed them my confirmation from Booking which clearly stated 2 adults, 1 child (12 yrs) but they were not having it and insisting that we pay the extra $75. I called Booking and they contacted the property themselves and were told the same thing. Everyone I spoke to at the property was adamant that we pay the extra $75. They were not budging. This went on for over an hour at check in, we missed lunch service and an hour of our precious time on our already too short getaway. After fighting with the property for over an hour, Booking finally got back to me and said that if I just paid the property the extra $75 that they (Booking) would reimburse us. (Yay!! Booking.com!!). I agreed to that and got off the phone, explained it to the person at the desk and she said "ok perfect". She began the process of checking us in and collecting our payment when she said, we're not going to charge you the extra $75 and you'll just pay what Booking.com quoted you. :::slaps forehead:::: OK, great that's really all we wanted. But when I asked for an explanation on what had changed, or why we had to spend over an hour going back and forth to come to this conclusion she simply replied 'I don't know'. They did upgrade our room to an ocean view from a standard for our inconvenience, which was lovely and ultimately we had a nice time but it was still a very frustrating was to start off what was really just a 1 day trip. Booking.com was great as usual and did everything they could for us as I knew they would, but I would still proceed with caution at this particular property.

Pretty beach, rooms were clean. This resort is great for families. there a TON of little kids and the water park was lots of fun (even for us adults). The free (non motorized) water sports were fun too. Just grab a kayak and go!

Located not good far a downtown.

Far to downtown

Located not good far a downtown. But than you

Great play had a great time the kids had a great time
    • Standard Room

Everything very nice hotel very good that the food was good

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

we moved out in the middle of our stay to a better hotel
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

we moved out in the middle of our stay to a better hotel they up charged us when we arrived

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great deal for the price we paid
    • Standard Room

Our shower would not drain

Service of the staff in the restaurants and the bars

The staff is nice.
    • Standard Room

I can't use wifi, guest have to pay extra money for that...the private beach is dirty....the room is too old

The staff is nice....love them

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

intermittent connection
    • Standard Room

intermittent connection poor and slow

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

We liked the hotel.

The food was never warm enough. The pool bar - the service was slow to very slow.

We liked the hotel. Staff was great - Michel at check in, Leo for holding the luggage, Luis at the lobby bar and Alejandro Mendiola at the waterpark, Kids club was fabulous - thank you for making our short holiday very nice.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Reyes, Mariano, Gilmer, from Mexican restaurant

Reyes, Mariano, Gilmer, from Mexican restaurant

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.

Browse All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Water Park traveller photo gallery