Reviews of Cabo Azul Resort By Diamond Resorts 4 stars

Paseo Malecon S/N Lote 11 Fonatur, 23400 San José del Cabo, Mexico

#5 of 34 hotels in San José del Cabo

• Two Bedroom Villa

The front desk staff were a bit cold at times. And once Diamond Resorts has spit you out after a sales presentation, their presence on site was essentially useless (which is sad b/c I'm a member).

The property is spectacular with just about every amenity one could want. It is a bit pricey. I do like that they had a pool for adults only in addition to family pools. In contrast to other places I've stayed where you have to PAY for a palapa or cabana, theirs are "first come, first serve," and there always seemed to be something available.

• Ocean View One Bedroom

They won't let you use a luggage cart by yourself which made it hard for us since we had kids and a car, and sometimes wanted to take a lot of stuff to a beach, but had to call and WAIT for the help instead of doing it our self. It's very pricey to eat or drink there, so get a car, go to La Comer, and stock up your room! The staff could be a bit smarter. They are trained to ask you if you need anything else, but they need to use common sense with some things. Also, I would never buy timeshare here. EVERY TIME you leave they want to know your room number, last name, how many people are in your car, license plate number, and where you were going! WAY too nosy for us to stay here again!

The bed was very nice. Clean rooms! Fantastic tile throughout! Nice pools and kid area. Most workers you interact with spoke good English. AC worked great, large tub, and amazing balcony with views of the ocean and main pool. We liked the property but would never stay here again due to their policy of asking each guest when coming in or leaving what their room number is, last name, and how many is in the vehicle. They also asked where we were going. It was WAY TOO NOSY for me.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Cabo Azul is one of the prettiest resorts in Cabo. There are tons of activities scheduled throughout the week if you are traveling with friends or family. It's also cozy enough for a romantic weekend.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

It’s very timesharey. They need to back down on the sales pitches thrown at guests the moment we arrive (after a long day of travel.)

Gorgeous, picturesque and not crowded

• Junior Suite - No View

There’s nothing my boyfriend & I did not like but being able to have shuttle transportation from & to the airport would actually be a plus.

I love how clean everything is. Every single day the room was clean to perfection as well as the entire property itself. This place is just BEAUTIFUL & well maintained. I love that there’s taxis & public transportation right across from the resort as well as some nice restaurants & bars if you want to get away from the resort a little. Also, it’s not as hard to drive out here as people think. Instead of using the shuttle or taxi to get to places like San lucus just get a rental from “thrifty” right across the street. Hope this helps.

• Ocean View One Bedroom

Room Service menu could have been a bit better as it was very limited. Also, the pastries at the Starbucks Coffee Shop were rather old in both appearance and taste. Not appetizing in the least bit. A bit disappointing given that all the food elsewhere on the property was amazing.

Staff was amazing, attentive to every detail! Rooms were SO nice, very clean, comfortable Pools - so many to choose from, from a party pool to a quiet relaxing pool, family pool, Didn't get to all of them ~ Food- All the food was very good, the pool menu was absolutely the best pool side food I have ever had at a resort. Bartenders were fabulous - drinks were unique, consistent and GOOD THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT WILL BE BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN

• Junior Suite - No View

Iutstandinh and way better than expected. We booked here for just a day before going to Esperanza for a week (amazing place we've been to several times). Frankly, this is just as good at way less the price. Hate to leave here.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Not all rooms have a beach view. Waves and ocean current at the beach were very strong. Staff directed guests not to enter the water. Had to visit Los Cabos for kids to go into the ocean water.

Staff is very attentive and helpful. Hotel is beautiful.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

We chose this property because we are a family wanting a quiet place to vacation. The new property next door had such a loud bass playing in the afternoon that we couldn't sit out on the cabanas without the sound actually hurting our ears. For this reason, we will look for a different property next time, but it has nothing to do with Cabo Azul, only the disruption caused by the property next to it.

Property was pristine! Service was excellent - after every encounter, we were asked, "Is there anything else we can do for you?"

• One-Bedroom Villa

The front desk service is always off putting. Don’t often have a great experience checking in. Once again disappointed with my check-in experience

The decor is beautiful

• Junior Suite - No View

At the check out, the bellboy staff won't let me go because "they have to make sure I've made the check out" Maybe it was because I had carry on luggage but it was very unpleasant, please communicate better.

• Two Bedroom Villa

The check in process was a bit fraught and over officious. The maharachi band on arrival seemed like a nice touch but was too loud to hear the reception team. We ended up shouting at them to be heard. Hopefully, this was a one-off. Also, it is a bit annoying to be told 'welcome home' by at least 5 people when our bags haven't even made it to the lobby and we are being asked for credit card, passports, resort fees etc. The cost of the drinks is pretty crazy- 8US$ for a small bottle of water is a bit extreme. An on-site library would be a nice touch for such a high level resort. Nothing to do with the hotel, but the cost of taxis in the Los Cabos area was a massive bugbear for us. Rip off central, so do yourself a favour and either use the local bus service which is easy for the centre of San Jose or hire yourself a car for a cost of around 50-60$ per day.

The resort is spectacular, beautifully designed and superbly maintained. The apartment we stayed in well laid out, was extremely well provisioned and the staff very accommodating and well trained. They even managed to find a foam based bed topper for our daughter who cannot sleep on spring mattresses. Even the toiletries were good. Also, the food at Javiers, their on-site restaurant is very good and although pricey, it is par for the course compared to the other local restaurants opposite the hotel which do not offer the convenience or location which is beautiful. I would definitely go back for a very relaxing stay.

Leaving to go home.

Very clean, everyone very friendly, even the taxi drivers. On-site restaurant (Javiers) was one of the best. Also ate at Flora Farms (nearby) which grows their own food. We could taste the difference.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Poolside availability of chairs was limited starting early in the day. Many were ‘saved’ with towels and magazines, otherwise unoccupied for hours.

High level of customer service throughout.

• One-Bedroom Villa

Bed to saggy and creaky. Need new mattress. For a platform bed this was surprising as we stayed here in a different room in November and we did not have this problem. The mattress was much firmer and the bed did not squeak. At check in we had a 5 night reservation and had increased our stay by another night. We asked to have the same room the entire time and also paid for an upgrade to a room with no blocked view. As such we were very clear that we did not want to have to return to check in and get new keys for the additional night and the check in agent and supervisor said they had modified this so that it would not be a problem. Well, we left the property at 10 am that morning and upon our return around 330 pm it was very busy with check ins. We returned to our room and could not get in. My wife was ill with GI upset fever and chills. I called for new keys and we waited 15 - 20 minutes for someone to open our room. Finally, I went down to the reception and unfortunately had to be very aggressive to cut in line to get new keys. Just as I arrived back to the room a hotel staff person had just arrived. This took about 30 minutes, with 3 phone calls on hold and could have been avoided. Also, my wife had been ill the night before and we requested another blanket. The staff brought it punctually, but then the maids took the blanket from the room when cleaning the next morning. When we returned after my wife rallied the following day she had a relapse of her symptoms and I had to call twice for another blanket as she was having bone shaking chills and fever of 103 degrees. It took a lot more time to get someone to bring another blanket that should have been left in the room that morning in the first place.

Room size was nice and furnishings except bed mattress needs replacing. Too saggy.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

The house keeping staff are inexperienced and seemed not well trained, there were multiple issues and misunderstandings during our stay

The facility and the swimming pools are great

I wanted everything pre paid and they told me it was but I never saw the charges, kept calling back and they assured me it would be taken care of and was not. When we got there it was a cluster!

• Ocean View 2 Bedroom

We stayed in the Ocean View Penthouse and it was absolutely gorgeous! Our room exceeded our expectations, and the staff was absolutely wonderful! We will definitely vacation here again.

• Two Bedroom Villa

We knew the suite did not have a beach view, but it faced a small recently planted garden and the back side of the neighboring property which was their cooler Ng equipment and loading dock. It was noisily humming all the time and I was woken up at night several times.

Pool áreas and beach were great. Fitness center well equipped.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

There should be a warning about narcos and cartels . coroner vans are all around .

Beautiful view , attention , the food is delicious , the rooms are amazing. Perfect !!

• One-Bedroom Villa

It is really beautiful resort. I stayed at one bedroom villa for 4 nights. The room is clean and the kitchen has everything. Laundary room is also available so it was really useful.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

We have been to many properties in Los Cabos area. This was one of the best in comfort and layout. Easy to navigate and across street from many eateries and coffee shop. No need to take a taxi anywhere. Major grocery stores nearby from airport or even a short walk from hotel 15 - 20 minutes.

• One-Bedroom Villa

For a hotel that big they don't have many restaurants (only 2) and the menu options are very limited. You get easily tired of the food after a couple of days (and I stayed 6). But what really upset me, and will probably make me not to return to this hotel in my next trip to Los cabos (I go every year) is the checkout time. It is 10AM!!! And they are NOT flexible at all, even with a very empty hotel in my checkout day (Sunday after Thanksgiving).

Facilities (pool, gyn, beach) are great. The room is very comfortable and big.

• Junior Suite - No View

The price on Booking.com is very deceptive. The highlight page price does not include a $30 /day Resort Fee (approx 25% of the rate). Although I toured the property prior to booking and discussed what was/was not included in the rate with rec staff, no mention of Resort Fee until the Front Desk Manager gleefully read me the small print under Facilities. When I asked to cancel the reservation fdm said ‘you will lose your advance payment. Not a pleasant experience.

• Junior Suite - No View

Staff was rude, we did not feel welcomed. Check out was at 10 A.M, tried to get a late checkout they were extremely rude about it.

Hotel was nice, room were big.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Service at the pool bar for lunch could have been better. Had to wait 45 minutes to get refills on non alcoholic drinks!! 😫We were seated at opening of lunch but took forever to get food and drinks. Finally had to see manager to get food and drinks.

Great location ! Friendly staff! Great hotel!!

• Ocean View 2 Bedroom

Took a while to get luggage from the valet. House keeping could have been tidier.

Beautiful pool and hotel grounds. Fun activities (turtle release). Good kids pool. Excellent service. Delicious food at Javiers.

• Two Bedroom Villa

During the month of September the tide is dangerous and so we could not go into the water. But that was no ones fault. Simply the weather. They had perfect beds/cabanas on the beach away from the tide and so we laid around in those for one afternoon. I recommend this for a laid back, very very nice trip.

It was the dream. White linen beds inside an infinity pool. Everything was perfect. Everything was clean. Everything was white and fresh. I felt like a Kardashian.

• Junior Suite - No View

Huge room with extra comfortable sofa bed. Free detergent to do laundry on site at no charge. Lots of pools to choose from. Great poolside food menu and service. Loads of clean loungers and cabanas.

• Pool View One Bedroom

there was not one thing I did not like about this hotel.

this resort is amazing, it is one of the cleanest best kept resorts I have ever visited. Food was amazing as was the service. the pool is divine, perfect temp to swim all day in. I absolutely rate this 10/10.

• Junior Suite - No View

-The beach on the resort is not safe to swim in. You can only swim in one beach in all of Cabo and its on the Cabo San Lucas side. -We were a large Bachelorette group so the trips into the city were not as costly than it would be for a smaller group but it can get expensive. -You should know you're on the quiet side of Cabo. Pools close at 10am and there is no night life on the resort. It has a spa-like theme so the resort generally, even in the day, is quiet. -The sofa bed is not that comfortable.

Its been about a month and I still cant believe how beautiful this resort was!! It is incredibly clean. They had tons of staff all around the resort cleaning just about everything and anything they could find. Its incredibly luxurious. The resort has thought of everything. They have large, plush robes in each room. They have new ipod outlets by each bed side. The bathrooms have double vanities and separate toilet stalls, the headboard has its own lighting, almost each room is poolside and/or with a view of the beautiful resort. The list honestly goes on and on....

• Junior Suite - No View

I was charged a resort fee an additional $40 dollars a night upon checking in, I was given a receipt which stated I had a balance of $0 dollars then when I checked out I was charged another $356 dollars? I was told that there was a mistake when I checked in and I owed more money? Left a very negative impact on me, I will not be using booking.com again or staying at cabo azul again.

I liked pretty much everything at the hotel

• Ocean View One Bedroom

Cabo Azul is an amazing property with a strong attention to detail and beauty and the customer service is impeccable. Our family enjoyed every moment here, lots of fun things to do and activities for the kids. Great food, and just an all around great time. We will return for sure!

• Junior Suite Deluxe

The pull out bed was not comfortable at all and a child size jacket was left in our room and when we brought it up to the front desk to notify them the response was we must have had somebody leave it in the room

The staff was friendly. The rooms were extremely clean.

• Two Bedroom Villa

The resort was absolutely wonderful. The pools are amazing, the staff was excellent. I would highly recommend this resort if you dont mind a taxi ride to San Lucas for excitement.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

It was our 29th wedding anniversary! They went above and beyond !! Our room had chocolate covered strawberries, a bouquet of red roses and a heart shape made of rose pedals on our bed with Happy Anniversary written in small colorful stones !! Beautiful ❤

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Pool water was a little too hot at times and the beach in this area although beautiful itself it was not swimmable only for the more advance swimmers.

This hotel has a grand entrance that makes you say WOW! Beautiful and it was kept very clean. Staff if very attentive.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

New York prices for food and drink in Mexico 🤔 Happy hour drinks are not 2 for 1 as they raise the price of beer from $5 to $8 and only serve draft When I checked in they over charged me for the room by over $400 dollars I choose to deal with this upon check out so as not to ruin my vacation. They honored the booking .com price in the end. It seems like this is an ongoing issue . The ATM in the lobby charged $23 to withdraw $200 this is extortion .

The hotel is even better that the pics . The staff were fantastic, the room was spotless and comfortable

• Junior Suite - No View

Beach not swimmable, more restaurant choices, and service by the pool was bad. One time we ordered french fries and quesadilla and quesadilla was place on top of the fries...very bad!

Infinity pool, friendliness of the staff

• One-Bedroom Villa

Didn't like that you couldn't swim at the beach in the hotel . It would've been much nicer if you can go into the ocean from your hotel . Its not Cabo Azul is fault it's the law. But it would have been even more funner if that was OK to do

It was a very nice view . The service was very good . Especially the front desk they were a 10 out of 10

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Cabo Azul is 45 minutes away from San Lucas where all the events and activities take place. I had to travel everyday to San Lucas and back.

I love the staff, the pool and the facility in its entirety is great !!

• Junior Suite - No View

Everything on the resort except BOOKING.com mess up with our reservations. It says on line when I book that it accommodate 4+2 on so when we got to Cabo Azul we ended up getting another room. I called Booking.com while checking in but nobody help me and the other lady who answer the phone put me on hold and hang up on me. I will never ever book in Booking.com ever and I will let all our company, friends and relatives not to use Booking.com to ANY booking vacations in the future!!!

The whole resort

• Two Bedroom Villa

Room was filthy. Floor covered in dirt and debris. Large clump of hair in the shower. When I told the girl at the front desk she didn't even apologize.

The pools

• Two Bedroom Villa

I had one big issue during my stay that tainted my experience. I booked through booking.com which offered me a reduced rate for my stay. However, Cabo Azul seemed to be unaware of the rate agreed to via booking.com. The first desk clerk attempted to convince me that the discrepancy was due to the conversion from pesos to us dollars. However that did not make sense for various reasons. After the bill was completely processed there was approximately a $500 difference between what I agreed to with booking.com and what the resort was attempting to charge me. After speaking to several employees over the course of several days, as well as emailing my booking.com paperwork to several employees, the issue was not completely resolved until the morning of my check out, which almost made me late for my flight. Between the constant explanations to different employees, charges and refunds to my credit card, and inconsistent responses, it was a very frustrating experience. It did dampen my overall experience with the resort.

Beautiful resort! You feel like you're in the lap of luxury. Definitely a high quality experience.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

The couches were hard and the cleaning crew needs to have better timing. If you don't want a timeshare pitch, just refuse sternly and they will let you on your way.

Beds are comfy. There's always a beach chair to find and a server to bring you drinks around the property. The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make sure your stay is relaxing. The location is just outside of downtown San Jose del Cabo so take advantage and get out into the local scene; especially on Thursday evenings.

• Junior Suite Deluxe

With SIX swimming pools I would have thought they would set aside at least ONE 'adults only' pool, but no....kids EVERYWHERE. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but when I'm spending that kind of scratch for a romantic week away I don't really wanna see 'em or hear 'em. Call me a grinch. Also, the ocean in front of the hotel is definitely NOT for the faint of heart. There was a big swell during our stay because of a hurricane 400 mi south of Cabo so that may have been the reason, but the water is pretty cold and the beach break was HUGE so I never went in past my knees...and I'm an occasional surfer...just WAY too dangerous.

There are not enough superlatives to describe this glamorous oasis!! Probably one of the most beautiful resorts I've had the pleasure of staying in...EVER. NOT ONE SINGLE DETAIL IS LEFT TO CHANCE. If you're looking for nightlife or the singles scene, this is definitely NOT your jam. Couples and families almost exclusively, but holy cow...ROMANTIC AS ALL GET OUT.

• Junior Suite - No View

I'm not sure if it was when I booked, but I couldn't get a room with 2 queens.

The resort is gorgeous. The decor is beautiful, Spanish theme. Impeccably clean and manicured.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Nothing at all.

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The resort was kept impeccably clean. The food at both the poolside and formal dining was awesome. The room was nicely decorated, had a large balcony and the bed was comfortable with soft sheets. Housekeeping visited the room usually 2-3 times a day keeping the room tidy and refreshed.

• Junior Suite - No View

We got a cheaper room so view was of a wall, but we liked privacy. Family members got large two bedroom apartment like room which was very nice, but no privacy on porch. There should be frosted glass or some barrier to everyone looking at you as they walk by. Lots of children!

Beautiful views from pool and beach beds and lounge chairs. Very well run and clean facilities. Great food in restaurants and relatively well priced. Very relaxing and safe. Adult only pool was nice.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Junior Suite Deluxe

The bed was very comfortable, food choices were excellent, hotel details are some of the best we've experienced and we've stayed at Ritz, Four Seasons, JW Marriott, etc. We LOVED this resort

• Pool View 2 Bedroom

since it was so family friendly it would have been nice to have kids menus at both restaurants..

The beds and pillows were so comfortable. Even the pull out couch queen bed was the most comfortable pull-out couch bed I have ever slept on

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Arrived at 10am, no room till 4pm Could use another restruant and never got to try the sushi bar because it was closed 3 nights in a row.

The hotel was lovely Food very good

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Every aspect was exceptional. Nothing I could have improved on.

Exceptional service. Warm and friendly staff. On site restaurant had great food and was very reasonably priced. Close location to San Jose was a definite plus.

• Ocean View 2 Bedroom

The coffee packs in the room did not meet my standards! although there is a Starbucks on site

We travel a lot, this was the best vacation, peaceful time ever! Stay at Cabo Azul, you will relax and never want to leave! Awesome, awesome, awesome guest services!

• Junior Suite Deluxe

I did not enjoy looking at a wall, was not able to upgrade my room without a huge expense. Was told that booking.com gets the lowest rooms,.

The rooms size were very spacious, clean, very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Junior Suite Deluxe

I booked 3 rooms online and 2 of the rooms were supposed to be junior suites at the junior suite price. Upon arrival we were informed there weren't any junior suites available and that my colleagues were getting upgraded which was a nice treat until we received our bills and everyone was charged for a king when that was never supposed to be the case.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Two Bedroom Villa

Avoid the "no pressure" sales pitch for the "non" time share - it is high pressure and is a "points" timeshare . Very misleading They use Cabo Azul resort as a bait and switch .

Gorgeous resort! Wonderful staff - couldn't do enough for you - very polite . Very clean -beautiful rooms!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

Staff were not helpful. Had to call for housekeeping 5 out of 7 days to clean room. Item of clothing went missing from room, made to feel staff were doing us a favour and asked for information day after day, nothing was forcoming. No manager even bothered to come discuss.

Stunning resort

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Concierge was the worst I've come across. I'm a traveler and have been many, many resorts and countries, and have stayed at some of the worlds greatest hotels. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but she really couldn't be bothered when I asked for restaurant recommendations. I ended up doing my own research and found some great ones--Acre and Flora Farms.

Extremely professional and friendly staff all around. Everyday the pool/beach staff were polishing, cleaning, raking sand on beach. They even have managers walking around with clip boards checking to make sure all is ship shape. Pools are numerous and very clean and cared for. Immaculate grounds throughout the resort.

• Two Bedroom Villa

The only thing I didn't like which was incredibly minor was our housekeeping didn't take our leftover room service away when they came to make our beds and take our towels, etc. so we came back to the room to our leftover desserts from the night before. But other than that, everything was fantastic!

I liked that there were different pool options - an adult pool/ serenity pool as well as the main pool that was broken up into three levels so you could have different experiences throughout your stay. Additionally, you could be on the beach right there for another experience so you have every option available to you!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

They only registered one of our names at checkin and even though the other person in the room had no problem charging things to the room (which they claim she was not registered in) they made a huge scandal when my traveling companion came back to the hotel one night, saying that she is not a registered guest. What followed was a disastrous encounter with a client who was enjoying her stay (and perhaps the bar a bit much) and could have been avoided by a more profesional staff. They actually kicked her out of the hotel even though she had been staying with me in our two bedroom villa and charging things to the room for three days. The food is mediocre at best, nothing real interesting. Drinks and everything else are EXTREMELY expensive if you live in Mexico and pay in Pesos. Pretty standard Resort Price for US though, problem is, we are NOT in the US.

The place is gorgeous and our two bedroom villa was fabulous. The beach and pool are are immaculately kept with fabulous furniture that the do not charge extra to use, like at many places. Great Wifi, even at the beach.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Two Bedroom Villa

From the gorgeous design of the hotel, pools, and grounds to the comfort of the hotel rooms and beds, this resort was everything we desired for a perfect vacation. Food was also amazing! Definitely will visit again. Top notch.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Ocean View 2 Bedroom

The people were very friendly and resort was great. The food was also great and shopping right across from the resort was a good location. We had a wonderful time 🏖

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Junior Suite - No View

Floor not clean very well. Housekeeping is not as clean. Maybe because it's peak tourist season.

Service. Availability of pool seats. Food. Room size.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Ocean View One Bedroom

The onsite restaurant is disappointing and bland and expensive - however the bar restaurant is great! The bar staff were mostly sour and expected tips for poor service and an already hefty price for accommodation. They need to offer a late checkout due to flight times. Cocktail hour needs to start later and not mid afternoon.

The location was excellent, walking distance into the town! The facilities were outstanding. The cleaners were absolutely lovely and thorough. The tacos served at the bar for lunch are too die for - how ever the restaurant food was below par. The onsite general store is a great idea. The resort itself is stunning.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Junior Suite - No View

Cleaning staff was dishonest - accused us of breaking soap container and tried to charge us for it. I'm now receiving 2x daily spam calls from Diamond Resorts.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Would've preferred a room with more natural light -- (I think the studios are limited, though, so no one's fault.) The menu did not indicate the 18% service charge (although manager fixed adjusted immediately when I mentioned the problem.)

Extraordinary service. Loved the adult infinity pool.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Junior Suite Deluxe

10:00 am checkout not good and unable to get later checkout when hotel only 60% full even though still able to use facilities

Outstanding Resort , great location, great food, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Junior Suite - No View

I signed up for a discussion to learn more about becoming a Diamond Resort Member. This was a terrible idea. Not only did it take over 4 hours of my time on a much needed vacation, BUT they pretty much refused to let me say NO thank you. I am a recent young widow and have a hard enough time making simple decisions without my husband let alone spending thousands on future vacation opportunities. Even if it is a good deal, good value, etc. it would have been nice to be respected in this manner. I ended up having a total melt down and that was the only way they let me out of the room. I will honestly have a hard time going back there because of this experience even though it is a beautiful place.

Staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and polite minus the people that were trying to get me to become a Diamond Resort Member.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Junior Suite Deluxe

The tips environment! Maybe its culture matters. And we didn't like so much the food

The facility's, beautiful and very clean. The pools open till 10 pm

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Junior Suite Deluxe

We noticed from our balcony rooms that were vacant for our 3 night stay. We were never offered a free upgrade or even an option of a room upgrade for a minimal extra cost. This would have been nice.

We loved the staff service! The resort grounds were well kept

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Junior Suite Deluxe

The only thing I can say is that the couch in the room is uncomfortable lol

Dining by the pool at the outdoor restaurant was beautiful. No mosquitoes! Several pools and hot tubs located on grounds separate from the large main pool with swim up bar. Everything is unbelievably clean!!!!! Every staff member we spoke with was very nice and helpful! Friendly! To enter the property you must pass through security and be accounted for. Even though the area is safe and you can walk the streets by the Hotel freely. Housekeeping comes morning and night!! Rooms are big 750 sq ft, spotless and in room dining is fast and very good.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Junior Suite Deluxe

Probably the best run resort we have ever stayed at. There during hurricane and was very impressed with what was accomplished within 36 hours. Very impressive. Staff acknowledged us on every encounter.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

No complaints

This is a beautifully maintained resort. Our suite was very clean and the resort staff was super friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Ocean View Penthouse Penthouse

Everything, we have stayed here for over 7 years and we keep coming back, the staff is excellent. I love the Spa Paulina and everyone who work in the Spa excellent service, same with Javier. The Pool guys outstanding !!!

Browse Cabo Azul Resort By Diamond Resorts traveller photo gallery