Reviews of Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa 4 stars

Av. Peatonal Pescadores, S/N Col. El Medano, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#59 of 73 hotels in Cabo San Lucas

Great vacation but expensive.
    • Luxury Studio

The food and drinks were very expensive. If you wanted to do any type of activities you had to pay cash.

Very nice place to stay with a higher quality room. A lot of construction going on while we were there. We went with several family and friends all of us stayed in different quality rooms. There was a big difference with the rooms also with the locations, due to the construction. I also like the fact that around the area of all the hotels it was very highly patrolled. Our hotel had a lot of security who always checked to make sure you were staying at the hotel before you could enter.

The noise and dust from construction on the property made it hard to enjoy and relax.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

I was very disappointed by the property in several ways unfortunately. I felt I had paid a little more to get more, but now I know better. There is large scale reconstruction going on (for at least another year though winter or summer 2019) and it started early 8:00AM and ended late 8:00PM. Somehow I missed this in the reviews that I thought I had read very carefully. We felt we couldn't really enjoy our balcony or the resort because of the constant dust and noise. The sounds of drilling and jack hammering in the building on the rooftop being renovated would start early in the morning. This isn't the way I'd like to wake up on vacation. This was not the only problem with the property unfortunately. We had a hard time even finding the property because its not called "Cabo Villas" anymore (its now being rebranded as "Beach Cachet") but there were no signs to help a traveler coming by rented car to recognize the place they are going. Overall, no one seemed to be thinking about the overall sound levels and its impact on guests. For example, loud football games were blaring from the TV's by the main pool bar and could be heard echoing upward throughout the entire resort. When it wasn't a loud football game, or a loud radio station in the restaurant during breakfast, it was hard rock or loud electronica dance music in the beach club itself, and not just on a Friday or Saturday night, sometimes in the morning as well!!??? I personally like lots of different kinds of music for different occasions, but its seems something a bit more relaxing would make sense in a daytime resort setting by the pool or at the beach club. Bad choices for ambiance all around. I was looking forward to using the resort jacuzzi, but it was like warmish bathwater, not like the hot soak needed to wind down and soothe your body that I needed. On the other side, the pool was way too warm, not refreshing. Overall, very disappointed in out stay here.

The room was generally comfortable and well appointed and we especially appreciated the big refrigerator and the bath products. The location with its fantastic view and proximity to restaurants and the marina where most tours and activities start was wonderful. The staff were also very nice and responsive and were obviously trying to make the best of a bad situation where guests arrive to a resort that is under construction.

Bad

You both didn't tell us that there would be construction with Jack hammers everyday from 7am to 7pm when booking.

Thanks for the small credit of 300

Better than expected and may return again in the future.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Oops, mentioned my dislike already...the current main pool is lacking all day sun exposure. There was construction going on but we had very little impact from it.

I had a few reservations when I booked this reservation. I knew it was under construction and that their main pool only received limited sun exposure...what turned out to be about 30 minutes in the morning from 9:30 to 10am...for full exposure. I counted on the beach club to fill this niche for us. It did...but would have preferred a nice pool with all day exposure. The menu at the beach club is fabulous! So many choices of fresh seafood and healthy options. We had the pleasure of being served one day while relaxing at the plateau area above the restaurant (where the timeshare grinders hold their meetings) by a wonderful sever by the name of Francisco. He was the perfect example of a great server! We had room 7010A/B. It was a 2 br executive suite. It was on the 4th floor of the Bayview Suites. We had a nice view of the ocean.

Friendly staff, efficient and location was great!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Property was under major construction and your website or the property website did not mention this.....very disappointed!!

Friendly staff, efficient and location was great!!

All you could want . . .
    • Luxury Studio

The complimentary breakfast was rather weak. Fruit plate, toast, coffee and juice.

Everything about this place was awesome. Incredible service, amazing room and outstanding location. We had a luxury studio with all the amenities you'd need for five nights with a fabulous view! The spa was fantastic and very reasonable . . .

What a disappointment!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

We were there for my 50th Birthday and rented a very nice 2 bedroom suite with some friends and spent over $600 for one night. For this rate I would have expected excellence however, it was far from that. After being lead through a maze of construction and by a closed pool, we went to our VERY noisy room because of the bulldozer right beside us that didn't stop until 6pm. Our balcony with a lovely jacuzzi and bar couldn't even be enjoyed as It was also positioned right above what seemed to be some sort of large machinery that operates the hotel (some sort of big venting machine or pool filter?). Not only was it loud but it was ugly. The combination of the machine and the bulldozer was so loud we did not enjoy the outside area at any point, which was a shame because it's got a great view. Not only was it loud but the outdoor furniture, jacuzzi and bar top were covered with a layer of dirt, from the bulldozer moving rubble. If that wasn't enough, we had to go downstairs 3 different times with faulty room keys until they finally got them right. Then....when they cleaned our room prior to our arrival, they should have checked to make sure the alarms on our bedside tables were not set. Ours was set for 5am and woke us all up. Lastly, there was only 1 pool open and a bad pool scene at that. It was nothing in comparison to some of the other pools in the area. It was not very well appointed, no one offered us anything to drink or eat, the music was bad and it was just sad. This is Cabo and a half block above the office and Medano beach. This is prime piece of property and should be a great place to hang out. The manager offered us a $100 discount. I think it should have been MUCH more considering all of this. It would have been nice if we were told about construction, a closed pool etc... Although the location is great, I would choose another option if I were spending my vacation in Cabo.

The location was great and the greeting staff was very kind. Sadly that's the only positive thing about our experience.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

You don't get what you pay for!!!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

I made reservations eight months in advance. I payed for a one bedroom with ocean view for two weeks.The first week I got a studio. The second week they moved us to a one bedroom with a view of a drive way and the building next door....I'm 74 and like to sit on the deck and watch the ocean. I was very disappointed!!!! When you complained they just blow you off because you are already there and don't really have any place else to go.

Close to town...it was on Madono beach.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Don't do it
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Had a couples massage.paid $$300 . Massues came to get us late but still ended at the original time . A scheduled 50 min massage was35 mins. The massage technique was poor. We filled out paper work with areas to focus on .... no result. The worst was trying to get ahold of the manager and get some credit. That was worse than the massage. Don't waste your $$$$ Another point ...too many screaming kids saying Marco Polo! Take your $$$$ elsewhere

Location, staff amenities all were excellent!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Jacuzzi

Location, staff amenities all were excellent!

Food was excellent, staff incredible, rooms were modern and...

Construction and distance from second tower to rest of hotel

Food was excellent, staff incredible, rooms were modern and clean

Would definitely stay here again after the construction is over
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Buildings are under construction for a year or two. Some noise.

Great location. Staff is excellent.

Luxury in the center of the best beach in Cabo!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

The food was amazing and the 80's rock and roll music!!

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The bed was comfy.

I had to dust the sand off my feet when getting into bed. Some might say that is part of the charm. The room overall was clean.

The bed was comfy. I appreciated that while the hotel is not all that large, the design was such that it seemed larger. Lots of good places to eat and pretty views. The employees were extremely personable in the restaurants.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Loved the location.

The constant loud music. Trying to make it feel like a party place is a bad idea. Too much noise when you could totally change the atmosphere by toning it down and having it more beach/relaxed and less crazy/party. If you want party = limit it to the beach.

Loved the location. Liked the layout of the property = several levels and lots of variety. Loved our room - except the fact there was no door on the bathroom. We were in building in the back. Would not have liked staying closer to the pool - much less privacy.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

My stay was comfortable.

I did not like being bothered while i was on the beach someone was always trying to sell you something. Very annoying. would i stay there again yes i would.

My stay was comfortable.Maria and Lorena at the resorts starbucks they where very pleasant.The food at the resort was very good.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Location!

If you made your reservation through booking.com, as you can also read in other opinions , they put you in the basement! yes, you're reading it correctly our room had no view at all, not even to a street, it was on a basement with some kind of terrace looking straight to a wall. The room was awfully dark all the time, at least at night was good. It is also really noisy but we are deep sleepers so we didn't really suffer that much. Also at check-in they attempted to charged us USD$6 a day to access WIFI, we said we didn't need it and they removed it. So, if you had access or don't need it stop them before they charge it.

Location! Location! Location! The hotel has a great location, you are pretty close to everything!, a 10min walk to the Marina and the good restaurants and bars, also when taking a tour we were the last pick up so you don't lose time going through many hotels. We didn't have ti use a single cab just to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Location on the beach was really good, staff was friendly

Our room was at the ground floor and there was no chance to change it )I booked in June and not at the last minute). The hotel beach was always packed

Location on the beach was really good, staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

The location is perfect.

Room was clean but dated and in the basement of one of their buildings. Our room had no view but a wall. I wouldn't call the room a luxury suite as was stated. The pools have very little sunlight due to the height of the buildings which block the sun by 2:30 PM. We also did not like the way they dealt with charges for the room. We never saw a final bill and were told we could talk to someone about it before we left but that never happened. Wifi is very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all.

The location is perfect. One is right on Medano Beach which is very nice for swimming. Hotel is also in walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The hotel's workers are very friendly and accommodating to one's needs.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Nice room, good location.

The room had a cloth over some windows, maybe due to construction above. The beach was plagued with peddlers. Breakfast buffet was mediocre.

Nice room, good location.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

The view is amazing.

I didn't like the repetitive emails prior to my arrival trying to get me to sit in on a sales tour of the property. Also, check in took too long for the same reason. High pressure sale to tour the property again when I already said no in email.

The view is amazing. Great location just steps from the beach. Food was good. I ate the breakfast buffet and also at the beach bar.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

The Hotel in itself is in a great location.

What I completely disliked was the fact that they really push the Time Share and they do not take no for an answer. They even had the nerve to call me at 9 am to ask if I wanted to do it.

The Hotel in itself is in a great location. The staff is good and every time I asked for something they brought it to my room right away.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

We enjoyed the central location and proximity to the beach.

The price quoted is not the actual price. If you don't go to their time share seminar, your room will be placed in a dark room facing a wall. If you want a different room we had to pay extra. I notice this is a common tactic based on other reviews. Horrible customer service at the front desk. How do they expect customers to want to go to a timeshare seminar when we haven't even experienced the resort yet. This also breaks down the customer's trust when they hold a more desirable room hostage unless we go to a seminar. This hotel is good for young people 18-25 years old but would not recommend this place to professionals or families.

We enjoyed the central location and proximity to the beach. We also enjoyed the beach lounge chairs and service provided by the hotel on the beach.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Good Bar & Restaurant staff, close to beach, good...

The room we booked was nothing like the pictures for the room type on booking.com shown. Not the view promised or the kitchenette shown. They only give you a decent room if you agree to sit through a 2 hour hard sell timeshare presentation! Our room wasn't ready at the time promised.

Good Bar & Restaurant staff, close to beach, good restaurants on site.

• Reviewed: 29 May 2015

The beach servers, Sergio especially, were great.

From the second we arrived, we were bullied into taking a 90 minute tour of the facilities in order to be sold a membership ('not a timehare'). We had to tell 4 different marketing agents in the first 24 hours we were not interested. They ended up putting us in a room on the basement level next to the employee locker room and the hotel laundry room. We were told that is what we paid for through booking.com but that if we went on the tour we could upgrade for free and become vip. The marketing people and front desk were rude and told me I was wrong? What? We ended up spending over $850 for four nights along with $500 in food and beverage, but were treated like second class citizens from the moment we arrived due to our not wanting to do the tour. This is not a hotel or resort. This is a membership club. Do not book this place unless you are interested in doing a 90 minute tour and then be hard sold a membership. Otherwise you will end up in the basement like us.

The beach servers, Sergio especially, were great.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The location was pretty good because it was right on the...

We were offered the vip tour to get discounts on activities and since it was 90 minutes, we decided to do it. Avoid the vip tour at all costs - the tour started off okay with the representative showing us different rooms and the views. We then had a free lunch from the buffet. After lunch, the representative took us back to a crowded room to pitch the property. She kept us there for another 25-30 minutes looking at the math and the value. They offered an "anytime" deal and a "buy now" deal. We weren't ready to commit to the "buy now" deal so we asked if we could take the "anytime" info. At this point, the representative calls in her manager and the tour quickly deteriorates. The manager called my husband close minded and even though she kept interrupting him, she told him he was listening and was interrupting her. They got extremely aggressive and were attacking us. They refused to let us take the "anytime" information with us and after 2.5 hours, we kept trying to leave. When I told her we had only committed to 90 minutes, she started attacking me and asked who told me it was only 90 minutes, did I timebox the meeting, etc. We were finally able to get away but avoid this scam and don't go to the tour.

The location was pretty good because it was right on the beach and also a relatively quick walk to the Marina.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2015

Raymundo, Nere, Gilberto, Edmundo were ABSOLUTELY...

Only one bed for two girlfriends. But I would do it over again for the view, location and staff!!!

Raymundo, Nere, Gilberto, Edmundo were ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! BEST SERVICE and locationin CABO!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

One can walk to the boat docks for the various over-water...

Quite noisy, a result of the location being in the city. Not very romantic due to this. Not a very good value compared to other properties.

One can walk to the boat docks for the various over-water activities (snorkeling, fishing, whale watching, etc.)

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

Loved the location and the beach!

Overcharging on some areas, if you don't pay attention (e.g. coffee/water in the room, an additional 'service charge' at the spa... etc.). We asked for high floor and late check-out, none of which was extended (and we actually never got an answer on our request). As it is a concrete building, it is very noisy at night when groups of people are coming back from dinner or bars. Food is very average - but price/value was acceptable. I guess you get what you pay for.

Loved the location and the beach!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2015

Great view and location.

Room key didn't work multiple times. Spent over an hour of our stay going back and forth to the lobby to get into our room.

Great view and location. Good amenities.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2015

The location warships to all areas however the cost was high...

The cost per night was 350. Which is much higher then we have ever paid. They tried to give us a basement room which was dark and I would not take it and I stood fast on that so they put us in a better room they said booking com should of not told us we had a particial view. I did not pay over 3,000 for 8 nights for a basement room.

The location warships to all areas however the cost was high for the room

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Cheap drinks, great service, Francisco is the best!

View of a wall from our room was terrible.

Cheap drinks, great service, Francisco is the best!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

very friendly the staff service!

People tried to sell me something when I said " I'm not interested "

very friendly the staff service!!

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Location and room size

Location and room size

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

-Staff

-The room. Shower was awful. No water pressure. No hot water.

-Staff -Food -Location

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery