Reviews of Camino Real Polanco Mexico 5 stars

Mariano Escobedo No. 700, 11590 Mexico City, Mexico

#123 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

Overall good hotel with great location
    • Camino Real Club with King Bed - Non Smoking

Check in at Club level is very lengthy (as before), the rooms are dark and lights and switches are strangely positioned. The closet door had three sections, if you closed one the air pressure opened the other, so you had to hold all of them at once. the rooms are clearly outdated but very clean. The balcony is listed as furnished. I had one very old, ugly wood chair there. I booked the club level and I think the happy hour should be a bit longer than just 7-8pm. How about more English TV stations and perhaps English language newspaper? it would be nice.

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful courtyard with pool. Club level happy hour is OK, breakfast is very basic but with a lot of fruit and certainly enough. If you get Jesus as your server in the morning or during happy hour, you are lucky. He is the best. Paul at the front of the hotel will always help you with transportation and more. Viktor is a great ambassador to the property as well.

Stay for Medical Conference cum couples retreat!
    • Camino Real Club with King Bed - Non Smoking

Many executive lounge privileges are for first check in day only. We checked in late and couldn’t avail of the complimentary ironing and show shine service.

Lovely warm staff, great location with proximity to Chapultepec park, museums and zoo. Good gym with nice executive lounge facilities.

It was good but a bit expensive compared to others
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't like the pillows, tosoft for our taste and buffet very expensive, room was 160.00 breakfast 70.00.

The pool area is great and the while building is fabulous

Quiet, peaceful location and large, clean, comfortable room.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is some distance from the nearest metro station and there are not that many local restaurants (apart from the ones within the hotel).

The rrom was large clean, quiet and comfortable. The hotel is very large (spread out). The service was very good - helpful, friendly staff.

Camino Real Polanco will definitely be my first choice when returning to CDMX.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I found the pillows to be too soft, with not enough support.

The design and decor of the hotel was exemplary - which is to be expected from a world class hotel designed by a world class architect. As MIes van der Rohe said, "God is in the details," and I was enamored of many details in the building. Example: the chain on the rooms door - fascinating design!

REstaurants and food, excelletn quality and variaty
    • Super Saver

I asked for extra towels, never arrived, I asked twice... the room was for one adult and my three children, 4 people in total and we had 2 towels. Asked for two more and never arrived....

REstaurants and food, excelletn quality and variaty

bad experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

people are rude when we check in, no smile on the face. This hotel is expensive but I don't know why it is expensive. The hotel looks like a musuem and you can imagin how to stay inside a pyramid musuem. The corridor on the 2nd floor is really dark and I feel scared. It takes a long time to arrive at the room since the corridor is long. The worst is the room looks horrible, old and dirty. I planned for 4 nights, but I checked out the 2nd day. I won't choose this anymore. Mainly because of the rude peole

It’s OK
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

Misunderstanding that a child under 12 needs it’s own bed (they asked for a extra charge of $55/day for that even that 3 people were in the reservation) - finally they offered a good compromise, but it was an unpleasant discussion nevertheless.

They were very helpful with late checkout. Fresh colors and a little charmier than usual luxury hotels.

Un compotable check in service.
    • Super Saver

I booked by using family members name, but they didin't know. And they didn't find reservation by using reservatuon number. Meed to improve their information for customer.

Best hotel I have ever stayed at!

Nothing it was all amazing.

We booked into a junior suite and were upgraded to an amazing room with a private pool for about 6 rooms and a helipad. Apparently for around 1000 MX per person you can hire a helicopter to the airport. We didn't manage to arrange this in time. The room was fantastic, the bed was huge and the staff could not do more. This is now my goto hotel in Mexico City.

Fabulous!

Nothing! It was perfect.

Excellent hotel! We were upgraded to a huge room on arrival. There was so much space.very comfy bed. We even had our own bar. The view from the balcony over the pool is a delight. Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. It is also the perfect location as it’s near Chapultepec Park and loads of museums as all the lovely restaurants in Polanco. The hotel also had top class restaurants. And the building is really interesting. Next time we are in Mexico City, we will be staying at this hotel,

The hotel is in a very good location near to the major...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

The rooms doors are quite old and do you see the lights in the corridors.

The hotel is in a very good location near to the major shopping centre, restaurants

Going back soon.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The people. The food. The location. Has been consistent for the last 20 years.

I have stayed in the Camino real many times de fire and will continue to stay in the future I feel very comfortable there with all the services

Service and facilities are great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

Only downfall was the location. Luckily Uber is super cheap.

Service and facilities are great. Room was clean. Super rare to have a pool in CDMX. Polanco is a bit away from the great restaurants and bars of Condesa/Roma Norte though.

Bed very comfortable, large room
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Internet not included, rooms very comfortable but dated and quite dark , no tea and coffee or water included which is usually as standard

Bed very comfortable, large room

Nice place with lots of good restaurants to chose from
    • Super Saver

I didn’t like being placed on the busy street side. Even though it was double doors we could still hear the traffic at night and morning. We didn’t change rooms because it really wasn’t too bad

We loved how warm the pool was. We chose this hotel for the pool so we were happy when it was warm!

Very over-priced. There are other hotels in the area with just as good amenities but a lot cheaper.
    • Super Saver

I expected a lot more for what I paid. Not only did they charge more than they had quoted; I even had to pay for parking! And they had me waiting ages at reception to check in. I was in a hurry, so it was very frustrating. There were several receptionists, but most were just hanging around doing I've no idea what, and ignoring me. Also, hardly any of the TV channels were in English, and there was no room service menu in the room.

I didn't like it much. In terms of facilities, comfort, etc., it wasn't any better or worse than most other hotels I've stayed at.

An oasis of excellence within the city.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The combination of inspiring architecture, comfortable rooms, excellent service, good restaurants and good facilities make this our top destination in Mexico City for over 40 years.

Style and service in a beautiful setting - The Matador of hotels.

It's a little pricey.

The hotel has beautiful grounds and is very stylish. Lots of good restaurants on site. Located in a nice neighbourhood, very central. The room was spacious with a little balcony. Great bathroom and shower. Very quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The lounge provided easy check-in and check-out as well as a lovely breakfast and some complimentary food and drinks in the evening. We loved our stay! Watch the movie "The Matador" with Pierce Brosnan to get a taste of the place.

private and comfortable hotel with a great pool!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Garden View - Non Smoking

Some of the fittings are getting old like the sliding balcony doors but that is only a minor complaint

Very comfortable rooms with great privacy for such a big hotel

access to the internet was extra cost, for a hotel of this...
    • Super Saver

access to the internet was extra cost, for a hotel of this quality , it shoud be included at no extra cost, most of the hotels of this quality and even cheaper in the world include the internet access at no extra cost.

The hotel was great , the staff at the front desk needs to be retrained on customer service.
    • Super Saver

I was treated like a second class citizen because I booked my room through booking.com. Their attitude towards me was unacceptable. Who cares how you booked the room.

The location was great.

Very unpleasant experience!

Very expensive stay! (in the end, that was my fault - I should have done better research) My Junior Suite had no window in the bedroom, view through window in the living room was blocked by concrete wall. Very inconsistent service - one day no refill of shampoo etc, no bath carpet, no water bottle replaycement etc. Worst, the shower water was lukewarm... every dqy of my 5 day stay...and pressure was terrible I asked to change my room but initially they said the hotel was full. The next day they offered me a "downgrade" but at the same expensive price.... I won't go back again.

Staff was very friendly!

Mostly good
    • Deluxe Double Room with Garden View - Non Smoking

Staff were confused about our checkout as we had booked 2 nights ourselves and our tour company had booked one for us. They checked us out after 2 nights though we had confirmed the arrangement on check in. The room was noisy from outside traffic. Also our tour company had left a package of info for us. We asked for it twice and staff denied all knowledge although they clearly did have it. A very large international conference was on at the time of our stay and staff were very busy.

The restaurant staff were attentive. Breakfast was great. Bed was comfy.

Well located
    • Super Saver

I thought Internet was included in the price, but not Price for breakfast is too high Next time I will choose another hotel

Television channels, shower

Great experience
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My first time in CDMX. Staying in one of Ricardo legorreta architecture from 60s was simply the right choice especially For an “arcoholic” like me. It’s been impressive how contemporary and progressive still looks the style. Every corner a different light experience and different emotions. The polanco area then is just to be discovered, so elegant, cozy and young. Loved everything

Old chic in Mexico City. Friendly and still fun to stay.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Heated outdoor pool was too warm for comfort.

Proximity to Chapultepec park, quiet room, helpful staff. Actually I quite like the 'old' feel of the place.

In this day and age, absolutely not acceptable to charge for...

Paying for internet.

In this day and age, absolutely not acceptable to charge for internet service. This hotel has wavered on this policy over the years (I have been a customer since 1992). Needs to permanently changed and be free.

Great hotel, I'll come back :)
    • Super Saver

Very nice and large hotel. Great design and light show even if we can see it's been here for a while. Lot's of restaurants as well inside the hotel which makes it very convenient. Loved the ones few minutes outside as well :)

Great service, nice large comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The included breakfast in the executive lounge was not all that great.

Great service, nice large comfortable bed. Plenty of restaurants to choose from on the property

The bed was really comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

The room and the hotel look old. For the price I didn't had wifi access; while less expensive hotels offer wifi access.

The bed was really comfortable. The hotel is well located and in a very nice area.

Hotel adequate but staff very helpful
    • Camino Real Club with King Bed - Non Smoking

Property was tired and most definitely needs updated. Our 'club' room was not of the size or standard Expected. Bathroom v small and 'club lounge' v drab. Apart from first night happy hour snacks almost non existabt

Staff were very helpful

A good place to relax in Mexico City but at a price.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a wedding reception on the Saturday evening with very loud music that disturbed the restaurants nearby. The food and especially the drinks in the bars and restaurants are excessively expensive. The barman in the Blue Bar was unhelpful and unwelcoming when we arrived a few minutes before opening time - which was not shown anywhere.

These are interesting design features and artwork everywhere. We liked the wave fountain by the entrance and the beautiful Blue bar, built over water. The room was spacious and comfortable with an excellent shower. There is a good choice of restaurants serving excellent food. It is a good location for Chapultepec and Polanco and close enough to to the historic centre.

If you like big, impersonal, expensive hotels, this is for you
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I don't like having staff 'in my face' all the time to carry bags etc. Sunday morning breakfast at 6am had to pay for a brunch, no simple breakfast option Room was paid in advance, but they tried to charge me different room rates at check out - overcharge by approx. 1200 pesos. When I queried this they amended it without question, which suggest to me they try it on all the time

Good sized room with comfy bed

Short trip but was nice
    • Camino Real Club with King Bed - Non Smoking

The design of the hotel, it’s too long from outside of hotel to the elevators and rooms

The bed was good and the service in the executive floor (lounge) with was perfect

Good hotel in a good area with comfy rooms and mainly helpful staff, but occasionally disappointing
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived, my business partner who is 7 months pregnant asked for some water, and she was told she had to go and buy some from the restaurant which we thought was very bad service. Also 2 times i went to the gym and the running machines were full and i had to wait for 30 minutes. The gym was very small for the size of the hotel, although the equipment was good, there wasn't enough of it. Also one day at breakfast the waiters breath was so so bad that i couldn't continue to eat my food.

The beds were very comfy and the rooms were spacious and very clean. The breakfasts were very good although a little expensive but very good food. Mainly the rooms were the best part of the hotel.

a lot of restaurant
    • Super Saver

Obvisously one of the most importantg hotel in MExico but clearly out of price considering the standard. the hotel is getting slighly outdated and the price are skyrocketting

a lot of restaurant

Nice, beautiful hotel with a lot of space.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a small inconvenience because the reception did not register my credit card and therefore could not charge any drinks at the bar or the breakfast to my room.

Nice, beautiful hotel with a lot of space. Full breakfast buffet.

Nothing wrong with hotel, but not for me.
    • Super Saver

Just FYI wifi is not free, that was my mistake so just want people to know. I was disappointed that for that price wifi was not included. Depending on the purpose of your trip location may not be suitable. Not good location for tourist. Hotel has private car taxis, they are nice and with the cities reputation you know you'll be safe using their cabs but price can be as much as triple as a city taxi.

Large rooms. Huge bathroom. Lots of restaurants and small markets within walking distance.

Not what it seems or used to be.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Garden View - Non Smoking

It's very dated, old, have to walk long distances to your room. Started hammering on a Saturday morning when I wanted to rest. Everyone tells me it was a great hotel in the 80s/90s, now it's very inconvenient. Not a good experience.

The lobby, the bathroom in the room

Few good (normal) hotels in mexico city
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Umm... I booked from booking.com and hotels.com for the same room , I got super poor quality room when I booked this property from booking.com . It didnt have amenities and water (they charge me for water..) noisy since it was right next to staff room . Anyway other 2 nights were satisfying so bothered to ask for change .

Safe from all street noise , wifi not bad , hot water , whole hotel managed quite well like ordinary good hotels, nice garden view , next to the forest .. perfect !

Stay here only if you need to be around the area
    • Super Saver

It is huge, the design is old, difficult to move around, LONG aisles to get to room, in sum, old fashioned, not the type I would choose (except for its location). Premises are well maintained though, it is more a matter of building design and decoration (horrible). No water in the room (you are advised not to drink tap water in DF), I ordered water and could not charge it to room, I had to pay the (over) price by card in the room.

Location, needed to be close to the hotel. Only reason I chose it.

Won't come back..
    • Camino Real Club with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Very small bads, old , very bad water flow. Wanted to charge a 2 years old children, continental breakfast... needed to show them she didn't eat..

Overated and expensive... def not coming back
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Extremely expensive. I asked to be moved to a room with a balcony and ended up paying more than the actual room. Overpriced in all areas.

I liked the location, staff, amazing breakfast brunch

i was in an executive room which included breakfast. the receptionist didn't explain anything at all about the executive dining facility so i wasted my breakfast vouchers for all 4 days and apart from that had to pay for the breakfasts i had in the general dining areas. brilliant

the Breakfast is one of the best i ever had.
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

the Breakfast is one of the best i ever had. Love it. The bedroom need to be update and the carpet replace but the bathroom is renewed. I will recomended this hotel for value vs quality.

Avoid
    • Camino Real Club with King Bed - Non Smoking

Staff is nice . Specially because between lobby and room there mite be nor that a mile !

Nothing . The restaurants in the Rory are world class. I'm ralealitybthwybar great leftover of former greats. Should not have my lunch at China grill in CR but rather just go to the airline loubch that was massively better . Hotel of desperate need of change

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Stay like a love in Mexico City.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room is dark. Need better lighting.

Restaurants on property are excellent. Love the fountain out front. Staff are gracious and accommodating. Room service was prompt. Shower is cool.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Hotel needs refreshing and a proper revamp
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Very limited restaurants, breakfast expensive and not great. Hotel had a musty smell and was very dark

Interesting architecture design but needs a revamp

Good option and great location
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Building is too old and hasn't been renovated. Some areas are too dark. Carpets are old, stained and broken. You must invest to bring CR POLANCO back to the fame and prestige which used to have.

Location, service, staff, restaurant options.

Great location and service
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It is unbelievable that, in this day and age, a hotel of this category would still charge extra for Internet/WiFi access. This should always be complimentary unless you are running a budget hotel or a hostel. In this regard, the Camino Real is still stuck in the past.

The location of this hotel is its greatest asset. It is within walking distance of many attractions (Chapultepec, Reforma, historical center) which helps to avoid having to take taxis to many spots. Its proximity to Avenida Presidente Masaryk and its wide selection of restaurants and bars allows one to avoid the typically overpriced hotel restaurants. Even for breakfast I was able to enjoy much better, and typical Mexican, meals at a nearby "pasteleria" for a fraction of what this hotel charges for its generic breakfast buffet. There are about 5 convenience stores (7-Eleven, OXXO, Circle K) within steps of the hotel so I was able to stock the minibar with my own snacks and drinks, again at a fraction of the cost. Other than the location, it was a very comfortable and pleasant place to stay. The staff, in general, are very service-oriented and helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

Camino Real is a real find
    • Camino Real Club with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Yes, they check you in on the club level for the club floor and give you letter about the services, but don't mention everything that applies to your stay. Who remembers after an early morning and a day of travel to read the letter or remembers that complimentary shoe shine applies only of the day of arrival or that you are entitled to the butler service. Perhaps they can mention that to you at check in. There was no free parking even at the Club level.

I never saw so many polite and friendly people in one place. Most make you feel like a royalty. Breakfast at the Club lounge is very basic continental, but with great choices of fruits and the mango juice was divine. The building has a very unique architectural style and it's fun. The courtyard is beautiful with many birds occupying the space and greeting you in the morning. The hotel has a great choice of dining.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great stay for business.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

The city is loud, there are lot so noises at night but you can't do anything about that in a city this size!

Service was excellent, room service was super quick and tasty. I ordered breakfast ahead of time each morning and it was always promptly delivered. The gym is small, but sufficient and overlooks the pool area, which is nice. All staff were super friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The building is a landmark with a strong architectural...
    • Super Saver

The building is a landmark with a strong architectural presence. However, it is impractical to enter with luggage and there are steps up and down even to arrive at reception. This could be easily redesigned. Large spaces with blank concrete walls and low ceilings create an institutional look

A hotel that must have excited in the 90's...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Garden View - Non Smoking

You can tell that the hotel is a bit outdated and must have been the place to be about 20 years ago. The carpet in the bedroom wasn't particularly flattering and, worst of all, there was no free internet! I am not sure I have ever been to a 4 star hotel which does not offer free WiFi in the 21st century...they charge loads for 24h access (about $10), which makes the experience feel cheap.

Located in safe Polanco, although on a main road. My room was facing the internal court, so very quite. The hotel is huge, with many restaurants/bars inside. The room was spacious and the bathroom well equipped.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good stay. Good hotel. Poor Booking.com
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the misleading information generated by Booking.com I booked a room with breakfast and Booking.com didn't include it. So I had to pay extra. I booked a room for three people (adults), but Booking.com included only two (and a young child, which wasn't the case. Our son is over 13). All in all, the hotel was good. But I am extremely disappointed with Booking.com. It's very unlikely that I use them again.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

No free internet service No free bottle of water in room

Friendly staff Great restaurant selection within restaurant Nice room and facilities Excellent kids care facility, and free too!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

World class service
    • Super Saver

Have a secon newspaper (they have only Excelcior) it be a good idea to have at least aonther option in Spanish and one in English

Everything is excellent and top quality. Maybe the best thing and really a diferentation from the rest is that this Camino Real has personnel almost in every corner ready to assit you.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Ok if you aren't paying as much
    • Super Saver

No wifi? It's 2017 and parks outside have more wifi coverage! I also was casual since I was on vacation and got treated as if I were a trespasser

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

the price is not reasonable according with rooms and facilities
    • Super Saver

Carpet on the room was very old and looks dirty, the lifting inside the the room was poor, the access to the registrations area has around 15 steps but the facility is not prepared with ramps at all I have problems to lift my baggage while going to the registration area or leaving the hotel to the walk side... I can not imagine a person with special needs in this hotel... the price did not word the rooms and commune areas...

The hotel is located in a great area just 20 - 30 minutes to the airport

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

The fruit at breakfast was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

The room I reserved through Booking (King) was not available. They also put me on the first floor with an outdoor-opening slider, which made me feel unsafe.

The fruit at breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

mediocre
    • Super Saver

I reserved a deluxe room. When we got there they gave me the ugliest room. They said that they have different deluxe type rooms. I had to paid $23 extra per day to be able to change to a better room. I am very disappointed

Everything was really good!

Anything at all

Everything was really good!!

restaurant selection was good
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

restaurant selection was good

Great wifi and many services (gym, restaurants, shops.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Garden View - Non Smoking

Great wifi and many services (gym, restaurants, shops...)

Guest on the same floor close to my room were smoking pot...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

Guest on the same floor close to my room were smoking pot and all my room got the smell, I reported and the receptionist did nothing.

they charge for everything

The walls were a bit thin, and someone in the room next door...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were a bit thin, and someone in the room next door was watching a loud movie.

Location and proximity to Polonco, and other museums.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Location and proximity to Polonco, and other museums.

Wonderful stay

Nothing! Loved it

Great location and restaurants and museums within walking distance - beautiful art in the Hotel and super friendly staff!

Overpriced

Bad experience

Bad service

Piscine
    • Camino Real Club with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Lack of steam bath or sauna. Limited breakfast at executive club

Piscine

• Super Saver

Old. Elevator is too far from the rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Garden View - Non-Smoking

Asked for extra towels and they were never delivered.

Meeting expectations, except staff where the arrival and pick up is

See above

Staff at reception very friendly; staff outside (pick up) taxi were unkindly

Browse Camino Real Polanco Mexico traveller photo gallery