2. Mexico hotel reviews
  3. Quintana Roo hotel reviews
  4. Holbox Island hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Casa Blatha Holbox

Reviews of Casa Blatha Holbox This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Calle Caguama 1, 77310 Holbox Island, Mexico

#44 of 66 hotels in Holbox Island

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

a lot of money for almost nothing
    • Double Room with Terrace

it was quite expensive just for one person. only one time during my whole stay (3 nights) I had warm water, no breakfast included. I dont really need warm water, but when I pay 90 Euro per night I expect some kind of service. The rooms are not that big and bright as seen on the pictures. They are smaller and kind of dark. but thats ok, if I had not pay that much money. the internet is bad, the wifi was not running in my private room and even at the reception. but that is probably due to the location --> holbox the offered massages are not offered bikes are only until 9 pm to rent (always in relation to the amount of money I had to pay) the coffee was not really good (always in relation to the amount of money I had to pay) the breakfast was expensive, too (always in relation to the amount of money I had to pay) I have been staying at so many places in Yucatan and I had more service, better breakfast (included) for less money. I am a bit sad about my last days spending that much money for nothing

It is a really cozy and nice place. especially the garden where you can have breakfast. it is very nice and very minimalistic decorated. I really liked. not far from the most beautiful beach on holbox --> punta coco. great! breakfast --> try huevos rancheros

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

OK hotel, but some drawbacks.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Our room was not in the same building of the reception, but on the other side of the street. One entrance of our building was next to a garbage place of another hotel. Relatively high price, but one has to give a deposit for every key (room, bikes), which is weird. The room could need some renovation. The sound insulation is very bad, one could hear children of other guests getting up in the morning, and a couple arguing at night.

Generally, nice and small hotel. Nice people.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Really nice place to stay
    • Double Room with Terrace

WiFi is not so good in our room, but it usually works. When we stayed the wind was really strong, full moon, and some other rare conditions, caused the sea to rise to a high level and the facility garden was flooded. I think this happens now and then because the building was a bit higher, so no problems in the house itself. And this was a problem at almost half of the islands streets/facilities. Then finally there was some construction work going on, right on top of our room. It was too loud, for our liking, but after letting the management know they arranged a solution, that worked for us.

We really liked this room!! Nice small facility, close to the hotel itself. Beach and beach club (no loud music), just around the corner. 20 min walk from city centre (nice over the beach!). Spacious room and nicely decorated. Bed was okay - but hard for my liking, but hey, that’s so personal. Only improvement I can think of is to put something in the bathroom where you can hang your towels on.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Perfect hotel outside the tourist area
    • Double Room with Garden View

It would be great to have some more storage area in the room.

Beautiful hotel away from the main tourist area at Isla Holbox. The staff is super friendly and helpful. I had a nice room with balcony and well working air-condition. The center of Holbox is a 15 minute walk away, but the hotel has bikes for rent, that’s even easier. There’s a super clean and nice beach 2 minutes from the hotel.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Friendly staff, hot water, room was clean and bug-free.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Horrible mosquitos on this part of island and in common areas, the big common area leaks in the rain and lets bugs in when dry, little to no info about local attractions and tour options, and the restaurant is pretty terrible (served unseasoned thawed frozen diced veggies, gross).

Friendly staff, hot water, room was clean and bug-free.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Very good
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The ask deposit for everything, the room wasn't like expected, looks better in pictures. My friend, with a room next to be, had one with a bad smell and the AC didn't work very well.

The bed was nice and big, also very comfortable. The place looked very nice and hipster like. The food was very tasty, our room very clean, not my favourite. I know there are better rooms. The staff very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Fantastic!
    • Double Room with Terrace

Bit far from restaurants, but not a problem for us.

Beautiful accomodation. Little bit out of town but we didn’t mind the walk or we took the bikes. It’s much more quiet than staying in town. The service was perfect! Free beach towels, free delicious coffee and tea in the morning at breakfast and a nice garden. Room was very clean. Would come back!

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

we overall loved Holbox and Casa Blatha!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

In our opinion, the breakfast was too expensive for what it was. We were there at the end of raining season, and kind of forgot about the Mosquitos at our arrival (yep, dumb). To make a long story short: don't walk the road to/from the hotel/centre of town, between 6 and 8pm. I know, it's just nature (true), but you won't regret not doing this ;).

the beach/beachclub which is next to the hotel is real nice, people are real friendly and the location is beautiful

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

I'd go back in a heartbeat
    • Double Room with Garden View

Noise from the construction site across the road.

Friendly and helpful staff, great location super close to the sea, good shower, fan and air-conditioning in the room, free buckets and spades to use, books to borrow, 10% discount at beach club Carolinda and use of sun loungers.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Access to the beach
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Shower didnt work properly, bed was very uncomfortable!! Like a rock!! As were pillows!! Air conditioning couldn't cool the room properly, causing a very restless night!!

Access to the beach

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Casaaa
    • Family Room with Garden View

Water, Wi-Fi and toilet were poor but as much as everywhere on the island.

Clean, nice, well located apartment with nice local atmosphere. Really big room with balcony and AC. Can recommend. Staff was little bit chilled but helpfull.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

One of the beat places I've stayed at!

Everything was perfect!

Casa Blatha Holbox is one of the best hostels/hotels (not sure what to call it) I've ever been to! It is located right by the sea and there is a nice beach with hammocks and swings right in front of it, and a bar/restaurant as well (it was closed during our stay, but it looked really nice). The common and dinning areas are both very comfy and feel very homey, whereas the decor definitely adds to the islandy feel. The room we stayed in was very spacious and offered a beautiful view of the sea, which we could enjoy lying in a hanmock in front of our door. The bathroom was nice and squeaky clean, only the water pressure was a bit bad. Other than that, everything was perfect!

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Peaceful location
    • Double Room with Terrace

WiFi connection is very bad

Peaceful area, a bit away from the village. Most beautiful and quite beaches are on this part of the island. The village center is 15 min away walking on the beach.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

For a short visit it's ok
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The shower had a very low water pressure which made it barely usable. There are tons of mosquitos in the area and there is no real protection offered by the hotel or warning. The bed is not that comfortable and there is hardly any storage space for personal belongings.

The beach is really close and at night you can swim and if it's dark enough you see bioluminescence around you. The bar beneath the hotel is nice and friendly and breakfast is not bad. It's located away from city center so it's quiet.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

We had a really nice apartment with good working A/C.
    • Family Room with Garden View

Quite a bit away from city center. Good to do by foot during the day, but in the dark, not all roads towards hotel are lightened.

We had a really nice apartment with good working A/C. Staff (especially Javier) was really helpful. Breakfast facilities are good.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Quite and cozy spot near small beaches
    • Double Room with Garden View

It was really hot, the room has only one fan on the ceiling which is pretty useless. We asked for an extra fan which partially solved the problem

The room was really nice, always clean and with a nice terrace. The breakfast was good, with a lot of fresh options and rich serving size. The staff was always there to help with suggestions for beaches, activities and dinner places

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Close to a beautiful beach - quiet area - very friendly...
    • Family Room with Garden View

Close to a beautiful beach - quiet area - very friendly staff - great massage. Lovely beach bar close by . Went in August with hardly anyone there. 3 young children 6 and 9 . Property big enough for them.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

I liked the funky reception and restaurant.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was dark. It only had one very small window so there was no cross wind possible. There was no ceiling fan so it was necessary to use the air conditioning, which I prefer not to.

I liked the funky reception and restaurant. The help from all receptionists was excellent.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Amazing location!
    • Double Room with Garden View

Price between the nicest and more equipped room and the basic standard room are the same according to a staff member of the house. I would expect less pricey if I have a fan in my room only and 1 towel

The location is amazing, the decor, the staff, the breakfast menu, everything is just as it should be in a paradise island like Holbox

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly.

Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was right on the water & they accommodated our request to have 2 rooms next to each other so that our kids could have their own room but be near by, Hotel had free beach supplies, towels and bikes to rent. They also called the local taxi for us to secure the best rate to and from the main plaza.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

I loved the decor and cleanliness.
    • Family Room with Garden View

It’s just a little far from the ferry drop off and the main streets with restaurants but the beach that is 2 min walking distance is worth it. I would stay there again. The only thing I didn’t like was the mosquito attacks because we went in June which is the rainy season. So bring the best repellent you have if you go in that season.

I loved the decor and cleanliness. It had such a hipster style. I loved it.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Nice casa
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The hostel (Tribu) nearby played pretty loud music. But from our room, we heard very little from it. Water pressure was worse than in the other accommodation we stayed in on the island, but it could still have nothing to do with the hotel itself... We had the impression that we sometimes heard someone walking in our room, but it was just someone walking outside.

One block from the beach and a few steps to the center...location is good! The room was really nice and the beds very comfortable. Also, the bathroom was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Great room & staff. Place full of mosquitoes.
    • Double Room with Garden View

It's not their fault, but, the place was full of mosquitoes, probably because of the rainy season but we couldn't even have breakfast calmly without getting stung by them. Regarding payment process and fees, it would be great if Casa Blatha and Booking agreed on all the terms and conditions since my reservation said it included breakfast and when I got there the guy at front desk said "my room didn't include it" but the email I got from booking said it did. So, you need to set the record straight.

The location is great, I appreciated that we weren't right in downtown, much less people, right on their oceanfront there are hammocks & swings on the beach, great picture opportunity. The downside I guess could be that not all taxis(golf karts) want to go pick you up at the hotel or take you to the hotel and the cost is a little high for the distance. Definitely pricing for tourists.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

staff were friendly, the lobby was nice, comfortable place...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

the shower was very much only a trickle, even when compared to other hotels on the island in the same price range.

staff were friendly, the lobby was nice, comfortable place for checking email. rooms were simple and clean and AC worked fine.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

The facilities like the lobby and the cafeteria area were...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We found the bedroom was too simple and very dark, however there is AC. The staff did they job but can’t say they were the nicest I’ve seen.

The facilities like the lobby and the cafeteria area were very charming and nice. You can rent bikes and towels and the breakfast was really tasty.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

we liked it here :)
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

the a/c was a bit loud at night, Wi-Fi didn't really work in our room, breakfast was ok

very nice beachbar, staff was very helpful, clean rooms, all in all a nice place to stay :)

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

6.0
    great location for beach but not a comfortable sleep
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

there were bugs in the room an no mosquito net provided

This hotel has a wonderful location near a beautiful piece of beach, We also had great views of the sunset from our porch

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

You have better options
    • Family Room with Garden View

Too far from any of the better beaches. And definitely too far from town. Yes, you can get a cab/golf cart, but who wants to do that every day and a few times a day? No beach view as advertised. If you want access to a nice beach and like having a palapa, drinks on the beach, a chaise to sleep or tan on the beach, and other amenities like kayaks, or a bar and restaurant, Casa BlatHa is not for you. There are many better options on the island for your stay.

The room was clean and the AC worked well. Some toilet problems, which we handled on our own. Nice decor. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was so-so. To be honest, the price is right for what you get.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Friendly, clean hotel with good breakfast located on the west coast of Holbox
    • Double Room with Garden View

Unfortunately we didn't make a reservation for a room with aircon which made the nights - even though we had a mobile van and one attached to the ceiling - a little sweaty and exhausting. There is a second Casa Blatha building by the beach whose beach chairs were not for free for residents from the Casa Blatha main building which was a bit irritating. Also the prices for the beach chairs were too high for the day (300 pesos per chair per day) in comparison to other beach clubs by the center.

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Blatha. Clean place, friendly and helpful staff, nicely decorated rooms and good self-made breakfast. We had a nice room in the main building with seaview from our balcony. Sweet continental breakfast was included, everything else like scrambled eggs cost extra (ca 100 pesos). We tried almost every dish on the menu. We also enjoyed the location being a 15 min walk away from the center of Holbox, we had the beach and sea almost all to ourselves.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

The location is not as good as it seems on the website.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The location is not as good as it seems on the website. There is a beach bar in between the rooms and the beach. The music was very loud so no way to get any rest during the day. In the morning the staff cleaned the rooms around ours and were VERY LOUD so they just woke us up every morning. Having a room on the ground floor means there is absolutely no daylight in the room. It is very dark. Also very humid even with the AC on. No restaurant nearby so you have to walk 15 min or take a taxi to get something to eat. The place is infested with mosquitoes and they just don't mint it. No mosquito net around the bed. There is a sort of cage around the breakfast area but they leave all doors open so you get bitten anyway... very big let down for us we expected way better for the price and we got much better for that price in other places... would not recommend!

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Backpackers in Germany
    • Double Room with Garden View

We were on the second floor, right between the two WiFi spots and almost never had a signal in the room. Air conditioning is not available in all rooms. It was very hot in our room. The ventilator was not strong at all.

Free coffee and tea in the morning. Close to the beach, quiet place, super friendly staff members. Very clean hotel.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Pleasant, although slightly overpriced for what it offers

Hotel is not set on the beach (there is another property inbetween). Not all rooms have a balcony with a hammock and not all rooms have air conditioning. On the first day, bread, jams, honey and juice were included in the price of all rooms, however, on the second day they changed the system and everything was payable (with less variety than when it was for free). Every additional service is payable (e.g. bikes) which is a bit unfortunate because it makes you feel slightly like a bag of money, there are no yoga classes available (although the pictures would suggest there might be) and overall, it is a bit overpriced for what you get. But it's not bad, staff is very nice and helpful and decoration in most part is very hip and pleasant.

It is conveniently placed between the centre and punta coco beach, both in a walking distance. The staff is very friendly and most of the place is in a pleasant boho style.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Tastefully decorated room and common areas.
    • Double Room with Terrace

Slightly conflicted - although the room was nice I don’t think it was good value for money. Taxes add on a further 20% to the bill which should really be absorbed by the room rate. My room was in a separate building which did not feel 100% secure at night (gate left open and door lock weak). Holbox is safe but wouldn’t recommend for a solo female traveler Mini Fridge in room would be useful especially as far from centre. Breakfast is pretty poor essentially bread and weak coffee. This really needs to be enhanced as not many alternative options nearby. For example, fruit platter and cereals. Bicycles overpriced - half the cost in town

Tastefully decorated room and common areas. Very clean. Great Location- this is near to coco punta which is a less touristy area of the island. Very beautiful. Restaurants and bars are 20 mins walk away. Good A/C and hot water. Reception staff and manager were helpful and friendly WiFi okay

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Wonderful hotel in paradise.

The rooms with beachview have a beach bar in front of them. Music stops at 7 pm.

Great hotel. Located on the beach, beautiful decorated. Basic breakfast, but you can choose additionel food from the menu. Friendly staff. A 15 minute walk from the town. The reception can call a taxi (golf cart!) of you like.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

• Family Room with Garden View

The staff were very rude accusing us for making a hole in a one dollar towel making a super big deal out of it even though we didn’t do it. So they ruined our stay pretty much. The owner went to our room at nine two mornings without knocking and she was just very unpleasant walking around thinking she was a saint. The room was not clean and they didn’t change sheets even once for five nights, I could tell because there was the same stains when we checked in. No warm water during the stay and the breakfast was actually the worst I’ve ever had, impossible to eat. Anyway the island is super cute and so are the beaches, there are heaps of other good places to stay so don’t chose this one if you want a relaxing vacation, ours became very hectic because of the staff.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

amazing stay in paradise
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

the water pressure is not very good but still could shower and need to flush toilet 2 or 3 times but to us was not a big deal the garbage is a bit of a probleme in general around the island but blath a dose clean the grounds very well

rooms are clean every day staff is amazing breakfast is ok but the same every day you could buy for 80 pesos a la carte breakfast nice and relaxing place carolinda beach bar 2min away good refreshing drinks are room was 2 floor whit beach view very nice.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Don't miss the chance to experience Paradise!
    • Double Room with Garden View

If you are looking for the real Holbox experience, this is definitely the place for you. There is not a single bad thing I can say about Casa Blatha: the location is perfect, with the beach few meters away, the best staff you can possibly desire, a style which remains loyal to the local tradition and an attitude which makes the difference in every single little thing. The town can be reached in few minutes by walking on the beach, so that it's close enough but it does not bother you with its noises and crowds. The traditional hammocks are all over the place and the nearby beach has a very nice bar/club where you can chill all day long. Also, you can rent a bike to go around the island, and Punta Cocos, famous for its sunsets, is at walking distance. The management and all the staff are amazing, the best I have encountered so far. I am definitely going back. And you should too.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

the staff were great, the location was excellent, and we...
    • Double Room with Garden View

the staff were great, the location was excellent, and we slept with the door to our balcony open and fell asleep to the sound of the waves and a sea breeze - absolutely incredible!

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Comfy and quaint spot in holbox
    • Family Room with Garden View

Not very strong WiFi in the room!

Nice staff, loved having hot water, very comfy rooms. Slept really well with the breezy air and nice bed! Location is nice so you aren’t in the loud area of town. About a 5 minute walk to town, easy to spend the day at a beachfront spot near the hotel without having to pay the extra money. Also a yummy breakfast!!

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Exactly what we needed
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Not many restaurants nearby, but a pleasant walk along the beach and you're in town anyway!

The staff were exceptionally helpful with recommending places to go and explore the island, as well as their favourite restaurants. The closest beach is incredible for unwinding - hammocks and swings in the sea plus you can walk 100m+ out into the calm water. The beach club next door was quiet during our stay and provided enough to keep us close for a day. Room was well sized, huge comfy bed, decent bathroom but we did have a cold shower in the morning. In terms of the Wi-Fi, the details on here say it is only in the public areas although I did also receive it (weakly) in my room :)

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Great and helpful staff, nice location away from town, right...
    • Double Room with Terrace

Poor wifi ( no streaming, ok to check email, etc). We found the room was quite overpriced for what it is, (as is most of the island). Some of the pictures are not actually of this property, as this property is not directly on the beach as it seems in some of the photos. Very minimal water pressure.

Great and helpful staff, nice location away from town, right near the road to Punta Coco. Close to beach. Nice breakfast area and great food! Clean and comfy bed.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Beautiful rooms and reception area
    • Double Room with Terrace

- The location is very bad, no taxis at night to take you back and too far to walk from the center - poor breakfast (they charge you extra for almost everything) - internet doesn’t really work - reception is only open a few hours

Beautiful rooms and reception area

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

very uncomfortable mattresses.
    • Double Room with Terrace

very uncomfortable mattresses. we were surprised there was no wifi in the room. we were very disappointed in the " free breakfast" it was toast and coffee pretty much. room was clean, there was hot water and it was next to the beach. staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Fantastic reception: good tips for restaurants, very...
    • Double Room with Garden View

The breafast (included in price) was very modest (water with syrup, butter and jam, same sweet cake every morning). If you wanted something salty, you needed to order for extra money. There was never enough water in the toilet water reservoir. We needed to full it up ourselves with water from shower.

Fantastic reception: good tips for restaurants, very practical city plan for free, arranging an aiport taxi for us, possibility to stock our luggage after the check-out. The location was good, a bit further from the city center (but it was our choice) but couple meters from the beach with a very good bar-restaurant (padlle board and kayak rental, ping-pong and beds available, nice atmosphere), and just couple minutes walk from silent and beautiful Coco beach. We found the room very romantic with its nicely decorated bed and cosy mosquito net.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Reception staff absolutely super helpful and friendly.
    • Double Room with Garden View

I think it would be better to offer guests an option of choosing either gluten or gluten-free as the inclusive breakfast.

Reception staff absolutely super helpful and friendly. Perfect location, just what I was looking for!

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Beautiful and laid back accommodation in a quiet spot on the...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

No possibility to keep bicycles overnight Breakfast is very basic, a few varying options would be nice

Beautiful and laid back accommodation in a quiet spot on the island. The staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Rooms vary - all are clean and well kept, some with a nicer view, others only with small outdoor space. Casa Blatha is a very good choice if you are looking for something nice, quiet and clean at an affordable price.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Our room was clean.
    • Double Room with Garden View

For that price we expected more. The bed was really uncomfortable. It is fixed normally on the wall but that one was broken and loose on one side so everytime I moved you could hear a loud noise and crashed with the wall. The breakfast was really not that good. They provided toasts and jam. Some juices but thats it. I mean you can be someone without big expectations but that price makes you expect more. The disappointment was big. The only thing that saved our stay was the beautiful island with its beaches and nice restaurants, stores and bars.

Our room was clean.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Beautiful hotel and beautiful rooms.
    • Double Room with Garden View

A little far from town. You will probably have to get a taxi if you have a lot of things or don’t want to walk 15-22 minutes in the heat. Breakfast is small but you can pay for eggs/ fruit, etc.

Beautiful hotel and beautiful rooms. So unique! 10 minutes walk from very pretty beach at the end of the island. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

We loved the location, right near a quiet stretch of the...
    • Double Room with Garden View

Our room was right by the road, so a little loud with golf carts and motorcycles speeding past. I would recommend bringing ear plugs for sleeping!

We loved the location, right near a quiet stretch of the beach. The breakfast was simple, but delicious. You can upgrade breakfast for a small fee but it wasn't necessary. The rooms were simple but comfortable with mosquito netting on all windows and even around the porch. The staff were always so helpful and kind!

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Good value friendly beach location at the quiet end of town.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Showers (we also had family in next door room) were a trickle of cold water: not good. No storage (furniture) in room, so living out of suitcase. Great to have bikes available, but would be better if they could be used after 9pm, to go into town and back (5 minutes by bike; 15 minutes to walk) Included breakfast was OK, but it would be nice to have a little fruit available without having to pay extra.

Perfect location, facing the beach 30M away. Quiet edge of town. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Sweet Room in Holbox
    • Double Room with Garden View

A little far from town. The free breakfast was light - breads, butter, homemade jam, coffee and juice, but very good.

Very cozy, affordable room with beautiful views of the garden. Room was thoughtfully designed and perfect for a night. Very close to the beach and not a far walk from the beutiful natural area. Everyone was very friendly.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

The staff was nice, main hotel building was pleasant, free...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

First night we where in a room next to a bar and was loud, the room had no natural light and the pink color of the walls did not help at all. The staff was very nice and after 2 nights they changed us to a new room which was way nicer and we actually liked but had no hot water. In January Holbox can be chilli and was not nice having to shower with cold water and no water presion also. No what you would like to expect for the price of the room :(.

The staff was nice, main hotel building was pleasant, free bikes if you are genius, new rooms are nice.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Good staff. Nice place.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

You can't see the ocean from the room with partial view to the sea. Not all the rooms have the same cozy furniture.

The staff was very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Basic but beautiful
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast that comes included was quite basic but the extra bits you can order (I recommend the omelette) was great and only around 80 pesos. Also I requested for a cake to be made or anything special to be done for my boyfriends birthday and unfortunately nothing was done which was disappointing. The manager did apologise but I did try and pre organise this a few weeks in advance as we travelled for his birthday and I therefore didn’t bring a cake or anything with me as I thought it was organised and sorted. Also the room we were in (24) needs some TLC. There are a few cracks and general maintenance that needs to be done mainly in the bathroom. We had to wait a while for the hot water to kick in and the pressure wasn’t great.

The hotel was great, at the moment there is a lot of seaweed on the beaches but punta coco is only around a 5-10 Min drive away on the golf kart and the beach there is clean and beautiful. There is also a beach club in front of the beach view rooms and this is great to have right by if you didn’t have a cart to get around. The hotel Isn’t too far from the main town again about a 10 min ride in the golf kart. We wish we could have had one more day, the view from the room was beautiful and a really great property in general, very pretty. All the staff were very helpful and welcoming too!

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Nice hotel but they changed payment rules, poor breakfast, not enough value for the money paid

We had a very long dispute with the hotel management as they wanted to charge us 100% of the payment right after reserving while the booking conditions were 30% initially and the rest at arriving, this had to be escalated to the booking.com team and at the end they made me pay 60% of the total so beware of the special conditions after booking. After this they sent me a payment link which charged another 5% commission of the payment fee which was not stipulated anywhere in the reservation, I also had to challenge this by asking a bank account for a direct transfer that could eliminate such fees, this was very time consuming and unpleasant as there were a lot of emails back and forth and telephone conversations with booking.com, by the way reply to emails took ages. Breakfast is poor, no fruit, not eggs, (charged separately) only toast and "home made" bread / marmalades with the respective coffee and tea. Finally we had to leave the premises a day before anticipated due to a family emergency and they committed to get in touch to let me know if they filled up the rooms at the last minute as this would allow me to get a refund of the day, so far I have not received any news. No credit cards are accepted and we needed to pay deposit for everything we borrowed: beach towels, room key and bicycle. In general I believe the hotel is pretty but they believe they can make their own rules at the time of payment and for the money spend they could at least serve a decent breakfast and not only bread with marmalade.

Beds were comfortable, rooms were basic but clean, very close to the beach and the area is very quiet which makes it very intimate

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Great location only a few steps from the beach, very...
    • Family Room with Garden View

The shower was really almost only a runnel and not even enough to get shampoo out of the hair - this definitely needs improvement. And the breakfast for free is kind of basic, fruit and eggs etc have to be paid extra.

Great location only a few steps from the beach, very friendly staff. We enjoyed the family room, which was on the first floor with two queensize beds, so ok for 2 kids. We just missed having private sitting space or hammocks on the balcony.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Great location to escape the hustle and bustle of the city centre! Comfortable, spacious rooms.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Great location to escape the hustle and bustle of the city centre. Comfortable, spacious rooms. It's about a 5 minute bike ride from the centre plaza. Reasonable prices for a beach front location.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

You get what you pay for. I would not repeat the staying.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The hotel has a main body and a couple of separate buildings which are newer. We were in a large confortable room with 2 queen beds which were confortable. The included breakfast is the continental one. Eggs and quesadilla are for extra money but cost is very reasonable. Access to the breakfast room is a bit difficult with uneven stairs made of tires filled with sand. For children, older or handicapped people they are difficult to use. For sure anyone has to pay attention in getting down those stairs! The hugest problem in the room was the lack of water pressure in the shower. Temperature was also difficult to regulate and slow in changing from burning hot to milder degrees. Luckily shower is spacious and you can move out from the water flow when needed. There is no hot water in the sink which also leaked and keeps the counter constantly wet. The room was light by cold LD lights from the ceiling. Switches were distant from the bed forcing you to get up to turn them off. There aren't any amenities and we knew it since the hotel rate is reasonable. But an hairdryer would have been useful. Another huge problem was the very poor unreliable Wifi. To use it you have to sit in common areas and you have to share the lobby's couches with the house dogs. I do not consider that clean and I do not like wear dogs' hair on my clothes.

Owners and staff are very nice, genuine people. The home made jams, the newness of our room with its bright blue color, the veggie quesadilla.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Beautiful island, great location & friendly staff. Look forward to returning.
    • Double Room with Garden View

A small fridge would have been great.

The staff & location were excellent and it was nice to have a hammock on the balcony. The rooftop was also nice to watch the sunset.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

It's a really cosy place and perfect to relax!
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

It's a really cosy place and perfect to relax! Staff is kind and the breakfast included is simple but good. I almost left the place really happy.. however I had a problem in the last day that changed my whole experience. I had a free bike rental for being a genius client and when I was renting the bikes I asked when should I give it back. The receptionist said "any time" so I came in the next morning with the keys and he didn't give me the deposit back saying that he said I should have brought it back in the previous night. I explained him exactly what happened but he kept saying it was my "mistake".. So they got 300 pesos from me duo a miscommunication from their side. Stressing situation. Not staying there again

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Great!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Only thing that wasn't great was breakfast, only toast and some sweet things. Had to pay if wanted eggs etc.

The staff was great! One of the best hotels I have been in. Big and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Peaceful location, bit off the beaten track
    • Family Room with Garden View

Breakfast - sold as a continental breakfast - it was melba toast and a piece of cake. I would recommend either a selection is offered e.g. some fruit, croissant, juice, yoghurt etc to constitute a 'breakfast'. Bikes - they were all broken. Not the fault of the hotel as they were apparently new, though this was something that was a bonus of the hotel (especially given the location) though they weren't available. Location - 15 - 20 mins away from town on foot, which doesn't seem far, but when it is pouring with rain or when you see lots of other hotels closer, it is. It wouldn't have been as much of an issue if we had bikes.

The room was recently refurbished, so looked lovely. There was also a communal area across the road at the main reception site to access wifi.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

We had the best holiday on Holbox Island.
    • Double Room with Garden View

We had the best holiday on Holbox Island. Casa Blatha is a lovely family run place. The rooms are very clean and lovely. The balcony looked out to the sea and was very peaceful. The breakfast was wonderful! we ordered from the menu every morning but there is also continental breakfast and delicious coffee. The location is fantastic right near the beach and an easy 15 minutes walk along the beach to town. All the staff were so friendly and helpful! Bikes available! We just loved it!

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Lovely people, very cute rooms, close to a beach like paradise :)
    • Double Room with Garden View

Water was cold in the shower but maybe I did something wrong. Due to outside areas also not a huge problem :)

Plata coco beach is walking distance and it's paradise! A bit away from restaurant and bar area but you can still walk. Friendly stuff, feels like a family.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

The beach is right around the corner, the room was spacious...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

A bit noisy because of construction next door. Getting to the centre from the hostel was very difficult during the rainy season, because the streets were so flooded, but that's not the fault of the hostel.

The beach is right around the corner, the room was spacious and the staff was very nice and helpful. Pleasant and clean interiors.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Overall, it was a disaster. Very poor customer service, they were very defensive when we raised an issue, i.e. one of the bedrooms being flooded... They offer continental breakfast and it's just cold toast with some jams all covered in flies. The rooms don't look like what you see on the site. Also, the toilet wouldn't flush properly, even without paper.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

A fantastic stay on a paradise island

Perfect location close to everything and the beach club in front is a bonus. Hotel has gone through some changes over the past couple of years and they are all for the better. Fantastic service from a lovely family.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

The staff was great and the place is very cute and cosy.
    • Double Room with Garden View

As we booked it quite late, that was the best deal in the whole island. We found it too pricey for what we got. The breakfast seemed good to us on the first day, I appreciated the homemade stuff, but in reality it was very humble. Our room was pretty with a hanging bed on the ropes which did not make it really comfortable for sleeping for two persons as it hit the wall everytime one of us moved. The place is very near to the beach. It is a pity they do not have their own place with the shade and sunbeds you could use.

The staff was great and the place is very cute and cosy. At the beginning the location seemd a little bit too distant from the center but later on we liked it. Specially if you have bikes.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Really enjoyed staying here and would recommend it to anyone
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Could've done with a little more storage space in my room. I was travelling in Mexico for a month so had a rucksack full of clothes. Would have appreciated a hotel laundry service, though it's not far to get to one in town.

Great little boutique hotel set 15 min walk out of Holbox town centre (you can walk the whole distance along the beach, which is pure white sand and calm blue ocean, and never crowded while I was there). Golf cart taxis are plentiful and cheap if you prefer - also for hire. Staff are superb, welcoming and tremendously helpful and friendly. You're made to feel almost one of the family, and most speak very good English. My room was on the second floor with a balcony and hammock, and a view to the beach 100 metres away. There is a second building with rooms directly on the beach. Holbox island is beautiful, and the town is small but lively, next to the beach, with a good variety of bars and restaurants. I loved it.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Perfect for couples, cozy and pet-friendly❤️
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The prices for the bikes were a little too expensive for the price we paid for the night, I think it could've been cheaper for guests, but that's just me

Excellent breakfast and service! So cozy and comfortable and it's near to everything!

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Balcony with hammock was great.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Fans did not circulate air in the room enough at night, leading to discomfort while trying to sleep. Lots of traffic noise at night too.

Balcony with hammock was great. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. The beach nearby was beautiful and quiet.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Staff was very friendly and helpful
    • Family Room with Garden View

Breakfast should be improved to include fruits or eggs at least (available as an extra though) and have more variety (A toaster would be appreciated also ). Only bread and Bimbo packaged cake available every day , it was a little boring ....

Staff was very friendly and helpful Relaxed atmosphere Location close to the beach Room very clean , with fan and air cond

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Wonderful staff
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It's around a 15 minutes walk away from everything. Not a big problem in itself, but remember to bring a mosquito repellent spray. We also would have liked a little better lightning in the bathroom.

The staff was absolutely amazing. Everyone was really nice, helpful and outgoing. Also, the bed was really big and comfortable. And we enjoyed living ten meters from the beach. Breakfast included in the price with homemade jams was a positive surprise.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Ok but not worth the money
    • Double Room with Garden View

Unfortunately we were a bit dissapointed. The room was clean, the people there were friendly. Nevertheless we expected a bit more for our money. In comparison to other places we stayed in Mexico, this one was too expensive for what we got. How the beds are made, it is a very cute idea and that picture convinced me to book the hotel. The room however was very small. We knew that there was no air-con but never expected the room to be soooooo hot at night, we hardly could get sleep. The toilet was not working very well and a tornado unfortunately destroyed the garden one week before we came, so we actually could not sit outside. We do not blame the hotel for that because it is nature, but at least would have expected any information about that fact in advance or a rusher built-up!? The Hotel itself is located a bit further away from the "main happening". We also expected more from the breakfast. At our arrival, it was said that the breakfast is amazing but what we got the next morning was kind of ridicolous. Coffee and some bread. Everyday the same. We also experienced different during our stay in Mexico. Finally, the stay was not catastrophal or anything like that but definitely not worth the money and that´s also why we would not come back a second time. Sorry!

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Great hosts!
    • Double Room with Garden View

All rooms should hace air conditioning since the weather is very warm.

The owners are great people, they make you feel like family. The overall vibe is very welcoming. Dani and Fer, the girls at the front desk, are very kind and helpful. Great place!

We Price Match