Reviews of Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa 5 stars

Av. Pescador Playa el Medano, 23410 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#15 of 73 hotels in Cabo San Lucas

This is the 2nd year in a row that we stayed at Casa Dorada,...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

This is the 2nd year in a row that we stayed at Casa Dorada, and we were not disappointed this year. From the beautiful rooms to the extremely friendly staff, cleanliness of the entire resort, and to excellent service....we could not have asked for more!

The staff were very friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The noise from a neighboring hotel was so loud I could feel the vibrations in my room. The breakfast buffet was not great, I preferred ordering off of the menu.

The staff were very friendly. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. I enjoyed using the workout room and the spa services were great.

Location is the best and rooms are spacious!
    • Junior Suite Non Refundable

Did not like when you check in they make you talk to time share rep. If I want it I would look for it but please don't bug me to go to a presentation.

Location is the best and rooms are spacious!

Great location on the best beach, good pool, good breakfast
    • Junior Suite Non Refundable

Timeshare salespeople repeatedly tried to get me to attend a hard-sell “welcome breakfast” without describing what it really was. They bother you at check-in, when booking tours, and also randomly call the room. When I am paying $200+ nightly for a room in a hotel, I should absolutely not have to deal with salespeople like that. Everything else about the place was fine, but due to that I won’t return.

Great location on the best beach, good pool, good breakfast

We love casa dorado. Spacious rooms, great location, friendly staff!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Great food. Loved omelet bar. Only complaint was they had a hard time understanding us and several times brought the wrong item but immediately fixed it.

Near party on medando beach if you want that.
    • Junior Suite Non Refundable

Continues to bother people about time share purchase. Shut down pool our last day for Taco party. Lots of folks upste about that.

Great location for a short trip with no car. greta time of year for older travelers. Super weather and teh room was nice. reasonable prices for in house food and drink in cabo. Frig in room was nice.

Best location on Medano Beach
    • Junior Suite Non Refundable

Our reservation with Booking.com was supposed to include breakfast but it took two phone calls and an email for the hotel to recognize it. Also, our friends complained that their shampoo and towels were not replaced and they had to call back to have more delivered.

Great location, large beach area roped off from vendors, great service.

Fantastic time at Casa Dorada. Highly recommended to anyone traveling with kids or a large group.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The check out process is a little cumbersome as the resort puts various holds on your credit card throughout the week, then a total payment is due for both the room and the incidentals upon check out. Better to charge for the room up front, incidentals upon check out. Avoids all the weird holds and dealing with having them removed/applied to bill at the end.

Great staff, spacious rooms with kitchenette and great views of the water, close to town and the marina

We will be back but I hope changes are made to the new bathroom floors
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I was injured in the bathroom down by the spa..I needed a wheel chair for 5 days of my trip because of sand and water on the floor. Not sure of my injuries but I will see orthopedist by end of week. I know that I tore something in my knee. It was very disappointing to have my week ruined this way.

We love Casa Dorada and have been coming for 10 years. The staff is above outstanding, rooms are spacious and the food is delicious. The beach staff is the best.

We were very comfortable in our one-bedroom suite.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

When we arrived, we were told that there was a water problem in some rooms. We were sent to a nearby resort, for our first night. Unfortunately, the room was small and our view of the water and beach was completely blocked by a large wall. It was a disappointment, but the remainder of our stay was good.

We were very comfortable in our one-bedroom suite.

Great recharge for brain in long Alaska winter.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Worst wait for immigration ever (2h). Then a line of sharks trying to sell travel clubs (pseudo time shares, though we did succumb for this place).

On swimming beach and next to town, close to marina. Fantastic view. Nice restaurants with great view and attentive, polite staff. Wonderful pools and ocean swimming.

Nice view and the beach service staff were friendly and hard working
    • Junior Suite Non Refundable

i got the free wifi package. At check in the girl didn’t believe me and said we’d have to pay. I showed her my booking which clearly said free wifi in room. She then called the booking desk who said my package didn’t come with wifi. Finally she asked a co worker with more seniority and she gave us the wifi. Our check in took 20 minutes by the time all was done.

The view from our room was great but we were across from two noisy bars and the staff was especially loud in the morning. I guess they were getting ready to open, lots of bottle banging and dragging heavy furniture. At least that’s what it sounded like from our room. Also Mango’s exhaust fan on the roof runs 24-7. Always some form of noise.

Casa Dorada offers the ultimate place to unwind
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Casa Dorada's staff runs a top of the line vacation resort. We've been going there for 10 years. The resort is always updating the facility. The staff has been here for years, offering a sense of "being home" every time you go. The location is in the heart of every thing. You're on the Sea of Cortez and a few blocks from the marina & the shopping district and close to top notch restaurants.

The perfect family vacation
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Unfortunately, the wifi was sadly horrible and the room keys kept getting de-activated by our cell phones.

This resort was perfect for our family. There is no other resort on the beach that has a great pool, water sports, three restaurants and views to die for! It is right on the only swimming beach in Cabo and it has everything you would ever want. It is very well maintained and the staff was amazing. The "attractions" are right next door if you want to go out every night and dance to a live band or you can enjoy a quiet dinner at the gorgeous Twelve Tribes restaurant that looks right at the water.

Not worth the price.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The management of the hotel. They post a policy of not holding pool and beach chairs for more than half an hour if you are away, but their employees do exactly that for "preferred" gusts. After paying tons of money for the place, you wonder around to find a chair and beg for it, when the chairs are there with no one using them, just held with a towel and a magazine. Complained to management and showed the the problem several times, but they wouldn't take action.

Location by the beach. Large rooms

This was our 6th trip to Casa Dorada.

This was our 6th trip to Casa Dorada. It is a beautiful hotel, professional and friendly staff. Great breakfast buffet and room service. We won’t stay anywhere else.

VERY LOVELY,WOULD GO BACK!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

WE HAD TO PAY FOR IN ROOM COFFEE (500+A NIGHT),CONSTRUCTION WHILE THERE..

LOVED THE LOCATION AND SIZE OF OUR ROOM! BREAKFAST WAS GREAT...LOVELY STAFF VIEW

Great time in Cabo San Lucas!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

This was our second stay at this property. We LOVE the location, it is right on the beach with only a short, safe walk to the Marina. There are several restaurants that are very close and all very good, our favorite being directly across the street from Casa Dorado, Bar Esquina! The staff was very accommodating and friendly, the weather was beautiful, although still a bit hot, the water amazing. The only negative was the construction of the new spa, as a result spa services were pretty limited during our stay and there was some noise and dust but not enough to make for a negative experience. However we went to the Sand Bar next door to the hotel for an open air massage a couple of times which we totally enjoyed and was very affordable! Our booking included breakfast everyday and WIFI in our room, which was great!

A beautiful adventure in a beautiful resort surrounded by beautiful staff.

There was nothing negative about our experience other than Mexico is so far away from Australia!

I loved everything about the hotel, the location, the staff, the food, the pool bar, the size & comfort of the room - everything was perfect!

Great location, excellent service, dont join their club
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Big bar right outside hotel is a little annoying. Hard sell on timeshare vacation club could be avoided

Location right close to marina and downtown cabo and beaches

Just ok.

Pool water was very warm so not refreshing at all. Bed was very hard, services at restaurants were very slow and food and cocktails were plain. We ate at Bahia across the street where food, drinks and service was excellent. Definitely would not stay at this hotel again.

We liked that it was very close to the beach

Great location-walked into town

Location is great! right next to the office restaurant on the beach-bed and room were great! we had a view of the arch-Everything was good-we ate at 12 tribes it was pretty good We never sat at the pool but there is a swim up bar and activities=ping pong, etc

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Best place in Cabo
    • Deluxe Suite- Non Refundable

I loved the face you would walk every where and still have access to great shopping, restaurants, and ocean views.

Beautiful property, great location, staff very helpful, plenty to do at the property, great property resturants.

Excellent facility, location and ocean view

Maid forgot to leave hand and face towels in bath on several😬

Overall excellent facility, ocean views ( 3rd floor and higher) and easy waking to town and many restaurants.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Watch your credit card charges. They write your credit card info down & add random charges.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The check in staff. This hotel has put through numerous charges on ourr credit cards totaling over $5000.00. I thought it was 3000.00 but just talked to the credit card companies and found out it is is even more. Be careful and make sure to check your bill they changed my room rate and took two separate 2000.00 charges one for 480.00 and another for 608.00. They are very shady because they write down your entire credit card number with exp date and the code on the back. No other hotel has ever done this. Now we are wasting another day cleaning up their numerous charges. Beware.

Location and pool

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Be Careful of being Overcharged -No flexibility at all.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

They gave us a hard time at check in due to an error with a accidental double booking. They made us sit in the office for 4 hours over this dispute. So we wasted our first day. I finally walked away and told them I would wait for booking.com to help with the error. By they way they could do nothing. No help what so ever. The next morning we went and spent another half an hour trying to get this mistake taken care of even offered to pay for one night at the going rate. They accepted that offer which was 600.00 over 900.00. This was because a room wasn't cancelled by them and I rebooked the room the morning we arrived after seeing how bad Bonito Rose was. Long story short we ended up having a double booking. They didn't care that the second reservation was made that morning and if I had known I had a reservation I definitely would not have booked another. Anyway we gave into them and agreed to pay for the second room at the going days rate. They took the payment and then added another day for 900.00 to our bill when we left. So what should have been a charge for 1800.00 including taxes for 3 nights ended up costing us over $3,000.00. They charged our credit card twice. They kept manipulating the date and would not even look at us while we were trying to tell them they were double charging. This again took place on the day we had to leave to catch a flight. This property's management is not honest so watch your billing. They keep bumping you from one person to another. Then to top it all off once we got back home we realized that they have also taken an extra 2000.00 which was the deposit when we checked in. They never released this hold. They manipulated our bill and I have all the copies of The supposed changes /adjustments he said he was making that never changed the total due on the bill. Truly a bad experience with checking in and the management there.

The priperry is beautiful and the staff very polite and attentive. Except for the management at check in. Room is nice size one bedroom suite. With a balcony.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

good location
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The shower in the suite has black mold and needs a major cleaning. If the cleaning people are not in tune with this???what else are they not doing?

good location

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Control of the chase lounges at the pool. People get there and reserve their spot early and they do not enforce their rule of if unattended for 30 mins you lose your spot. Therefore, you do not have many good spots to pick from unless you are an early riser.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great location right near the beach and close to good food...

Some of the light bulbs in our room were extremely bright hot white LED bulbs, which made using them unpleasant. The bed was super rickety and loud. Otherwise the room was clean and nice with a decent view from the 3rd floor.

Great location right near the beach and close to good food and only a short walk to town.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Casa Dorada November Review.

Noise...Very, Very noisy...it's non-stop noise with the Mango Deck right next door. I can still hear the tequila shot whistles and bass thumping in my head. Additionally there were weddings almost every night and the music goes till almost midnight. I was there for a wedding and it was a blast so I'm sure other had to deal with our music. If your looking for peace and quiet this isn't the resort for you. The food was just OK....nothing fancy. Had some bad mixed drinks in lobby bar and bartender wasn't very accommodating when we tried to return them after one sip. Pina Coladas and Beers at the beach were awesome.

Beach is awesome! Staff for the most part was very friendly and accommodating. View is incredible. Food and drink prices were very Reasonable...Breakfast buffet that was included was great!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Over priced for what you get!!

Over charging pesos to Dollars . You can't sit on the beach without 100s of people selling stuff bugging you all day over and over from same people you have said no to.

The beach was nice place was way over priced.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff
    • Deluxe Suite- Non Refundable

Ongoing renovation work; relevant information received only after booking was made - but it was not too much noise and one could always escape to the beach

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Staff were friendly and the onsite restaurant was good.
    • Deluxe Suite- Non Refundable

No hot water in the room. Musty mildew smell in the bedroom. Was told I was upgraded, but in a dark lonely corner of the resort, lower level with an obstructed view.

Staff were friendly and the onsite restaurant was good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Excellent location and the Hospitality is terrific.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The restaurants were outstanding. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious. The pools were terrific. Our room was clean and big enough for the 5 of us. location is near other restaurants and close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

First time here.

We had a very musty moldy smell in our room and lighting could be better with better makeup mirrors. Only had 1 lounger on our balcony and would have liked 2

Location of property to the marina. Only 5 min walk. Staff eveywhere on property was extremelly friendly. Felt very safe. Planning to return next year

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Great hotel but bad breakfast that you should skip and service mediocre at best

breakfast buffet is the worst I have seen in years of frequent travelling. It was included but after the first day I skipped it and rather went outside the hotel and paid for it then eat that crap. The front desk is really not helpful. Service not good

Location and room were amazing

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

The time share people are too aggressive, the room service...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The time share people are too aggressive, the room service food could be better, chicken was uncooked, water shower temperature kept changing, loose shower head, shower and tub water was brown, the spa looked unprofessional, I felt like the hotel did not like that we booked it through booking.com

Service second to none!

WiFi was not free!

Staff were amazing!!!

It was a great place to stay with family and we would book again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I felt like the beach was a little crowded.

The staff was great!

Everything was wonderful, the food, location, staff and weather! Would definitely come back

Loved the location!

very nice location

time share people

Beautiful spacious room.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Beautiful spacious room. Wonderful buffet breakfast and amazingly comfortable beds. Best central location on the beach.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

clean and so well located to the best restaurants and tons of water activities for our children!

Amazing and best location
    • Deluxe Suite- Non Refundable

Had to rush to the beach in the morning to get beach chairs facing the ocean and couldn’t save chairs or people would steal them

Beach location, food, pool, large room
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Cost of room was on the high side

Beach location, food, pool, large room

The concierge staff was superb.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The concierge staff was superb. They made us reservations at excellent restaurants within walking distance to the hotel.

Cabo Vacation

leaving.

Great location!. Friendly staff. Very nice place, but not over the top, it felt comfortable.

Wasn't enough seating room around the pool area.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Wasn't enough seating room around the pool area.

All the views from the rooms were amazing!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The staff on our last day there was horrible.

All the views from the rooms were amazing!

Beds and pillows were very uncomfable

Beds and pillows were very uncomfable

Probable won't book her again due to the challenges of...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Probable won't book her again due to the challenges of trying to straighten out the last night of our reservation which never did get resolved.

Location and staff were absolutely wonderful!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Location and staff were absolutely wonderful!! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like family. Could not have asked for better treatment!!

Amazing stay staff was beyond perfect

N/a

Every person associated with hotel was amazing. Great customer service

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

A great first visit to Cabo San Lucas
    • Deluxe Suite- Non Refundable

Location has many nice restaurants, plus beach access.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Being hassled to do marketing tour for time share

Being hassled to do marketing tour for time share

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Beautiful Cabo
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The resort was in the perfect location. Loved every minute of my stay.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Spectacular view & excellent & friendly service.

Free wifi

Spectacular view & excellent & friendly service. Fish was so fresh

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Perfect!

Bother us for timeshare info

Excellent food at the hotel restaurant. Deserve more compliments from guests.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Perfect family get away.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Too many requests to buy a membership.

The room & views were amazing. The staff was amazing! So kind & helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Wonderful location

Central located , beautiful views , close to all amenities

STAFF VERY FRIENDLY.

STAFF VERY FRIENDLY... GREAT LOCATION...

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Comming Back.....
    • Deluxe Suite- Non Refundable

Could not ask for anything ells, Perfect

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, accommodating and...

A bit noisy w construction while outsized. Room was fantastic and quiet when sliding doors were closed and after 10pm.

Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, accommodating and full of great information. Was a bit noisy w construction but otherwise we had a perfect getaway on the beach.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Clean, clean, clean.

Did not appreciate the constant push at buying a time share, get rid of that aspect and make it a volunteer request from the guests.

Clean, clean, clean. The staff were constantly cleaning and attending the guests needs. Loved this place.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

great rooms, great space,great view.

a bit costly, and staff motivated by extra fees paid for any service, umbrella, pool service, etc.. if you dont mind this atmosphere. minimum help with activities as we were not "members", and no activities on site for teens , even though I asked several times. There were activities, like art, ping pong tournamnets that my kids would have loved but we were not informed even after asking, not sure why? You are really on your own for meals and activities and need to search the internet to get ideas. A bit different from other vacation hotels we have stayed at. internet cost about 100.00 for a week. 14 per day per device. extra person 60 US per day, over 2 people, not advertised on booking.com, also extra fee for breakfast if over two, not advertised. We would go back, with the knowledge that the resort is beautiful but to be aware of all these extra costs~!!!!!!

great rooms, great space,great view. You need to go to just be in the great room, pool and beach area. very very clean, good service. great location.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

I hated the strictness of the wrist band rule.

I hated the strictness of the wrist band rule. My friends couldn't walk me to my room at night to ensure I made it securely or walk through the hotel to catch a cab or eat at the 12 tribes restaurant. I felt like this was really unfair and unnecessary based on how much we were paying to stay.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

Loved every thing about our stay.

There was nothing to dislike about casa dorado

Loved every thing about our stay. Loved being close to the downtown so we could try all the different foods and drinks. They had intertaient at the hotel bar in the evenings

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Pool areas and rooms.

For the price, I was disappointed in the view. There are too many buildings (Ie: Tribes restaurant, Mango Deck and The Office) blocking the view of the water and arch.

Pool areas and rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

Beautiful resort with friendly staff,spacious rooms and...

The filet at 12 tribes was pretty awful and was only able to take a couple of bites. The noise from magu Deck and The Office at night can be a little noisy,but not terrible. I would suggest if you are a light sleeper or have kids to ask for a room on the other side of the hotel away from the bars. The time share people are very pushy about coming to their breakfast and are not affiliated with the hotel.

Beautiful resort with friendly staff,spacious rooms and wonderful views. We felt very safe and relaxed the entire time. Just steps away from great restaurants and fun nightlife. We spent a lot of time at the pools and private beach area where the servers were excellent. (Loved the swim up bar) There were great views of the Arcos from all different areas of the hotel. Can't wait to come back!!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Fun location for families with older kids.

Location by Mango Deck and The Office restaurants and bars might be too noisy for some travelers.

Fun location for families with older kids. Staff were accommodating and very friendly. Food was tasty, especially lunch at beach and pool.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2015

We had a bad experience with the resort trying to sell the...

We had a bad experience with the resort trying to sell the Travel Club membership which took up 4hrs instead of 90mins as informed. Of course we agreed to do this coz we would get some discount vouchers but an entire morning was too much. The spa was closed for renovation. Overall spa experience was sub par for the price we paid.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Loved everything about this place.

Loved everything about this place. Room, spa - best massage we have had ever! Staff super friendly. You get people trying to sell you timeshare but that's Mexico it's in every hotel. Just say no and you will be fine! We will stay here again next time

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

The location is perfect for nights out in the...

The staff at the entrance to the hotel are awful. Constantly hounding you and trying to sell you on something, some service, some trip. It was so frustrating we would try going in and out of different entrances to avoid them. The beach area is nice, but (and a big but), lots of construction which made it not so appealing. Same thing by the pool--the spot with the best view had construction going on right in front. Lastly-- the bartender at the main bar was awful. The menu listed certain prices for drinks and she'd bring it back to you and charge you almost double-- without warning or heads up--because they made a change to the bottles or type of liquor. When I pointed this out, she just took my drink away and was not apologetic.

The location is perfect for nights out in the marina/downtown area. The rooms are a great size and have great views.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

View of ocean.

The humidity and noice from the Mango Deck. The constant sale for time share...... Pool temperture was hot.

View of ocean. Overall pool area was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

The location was perfect

No children allowed at the swim up bar And not enough ceiling around the pool thank you

The location was perfect staff was phenomenal And the room service was very reasonable

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery