Reviews of Amarea Hotel Acapulco 3 stars

Costera Miguel Aleman 2310, Costazul, Costera Acapulco, 39840 Acapulco, Mexico

#37 of 68 hotels in Acapulco

Well I moved from the hotel from across the street because...
    • Standard Twin Room

Run down and terrible customer service. Tried to order a wake up call-they hung up on me, finally asked for 2 more at the desk-noone called. Bathroom fan never worked so asked 2/3 times to have it fixed-noone came so did'nt even bother to ask when light burnt out. Even terrible service in the restaurants-starting ordering food for take out. Sewer smell in the room-finally found an order neutralizer strong enough to kill it.

Well I moved from the hotel from across the street because it was nightmarish. The hotel was run down but adequate and I got a good deal on the room.

That was the first time in that hotel, and it was a mistake. Never again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Try to ask to talk to manager, I ask over 20 times To complains at different thing, always the receptions have different excuses. Many times in meetings or lunch, breakfast, went home, always have excuses.The hotel is very old and is not three stars, not even one star. Internet does not work in the room,The first night I was trying to leave to different hotel, the reception told me that a person is coming to fix the internet, He came after one hour and a half. He workaround three hours when we are their and me and my wife left for dinner. Came back late, and still the internet not working. Every time you use the toilet you have to change your pants, because the toilet Leak water heavy in the bottom. Their is ants in the room and the bath room, even in the restaurant and the lobby of the hotel. I was drinking water in the lobby their were ants in the cup. the air condition in the room make a lot of noise. the room next to mine, at around 2:00 AM took a shower, you will wake up and stay up till finish. The hallways outside rooms dripping water from ceiling.The receptionists are very polite and nice. The breakfast buffet is the worst I ever had in my life. The only thing is good is the fruits and Milk, tea, coffee, eggs, and omelets. After 4 days and nights, when I was checking out, I insisted to talk to manager, the receptionist went inside the door after three time when I said I am not leaving until I talk to a manager, the receptionist went inside again, and brought Mrs. Rosario Valdez, she is receptionist.manager. The manager of the AMAREA hotel is Sergio Dominquez, I try to talk to him, he is never their to talk to hotel guest.

Not a thing.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great place loved it!!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing bad to say...Nice place...

I really loved the view from our room and the location was great close to the beach and Walmart. Lots of close option to go eat too...

Uncomfortable

Everything else

The breakfast

The photos they show is not What it is When you get there.
    • Studio

The photos they show is not What it is When you get there.

Beautiful in the photos, very bad in reality
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything too old ! Smells bad the corridor. Flushing didn´t work every time . You spend a lot of time for the lift

Poor
    • Standard Twin Room

Take to long to check in and check out and no fast info

Alberca

Alberca Regular

The breakfast bufete, location is fine.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Installations are a bit old, they need a refurbish, especially the corridor.

The breakfast bufete, location is fine.

Location of the hotel its great, very close to restaurants,...

Fix the wifi,

Location of the hotel its great, very close to restaurants, bars and statbucks. I had to go there to use the wifi.

It was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room

I thought it was outrageous that you have locks and tags on your appliances, and you need to pay extra.

Close to restaurants and casino

It was kinda confortable, good views

room cool air

view and location

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

For such a big hotel, personnel is friendly.

Best years of the building are long gone - despite acceptable hygiene and comfort, facilities are showing wear and tear almost everywhere. Pool area is old, poorly maintained and very crowded.

For such a big hotel, personnel is friendly. Rooms nothing special, but comfortable enough. Good wifi, clean bathroom. Relatively cheap.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

The location is petfect

The noise of a disco-bar that plays hard rock beyond the limits of its walls and the hotel is just across the street, ....... it is not easy to get sleep from 2 am to 5 am

The location is petfect

• Reviewed: 8 February 2016

The cleaning staff were excellent and very polite

The reception staff were far from helpful taking two attempts to agree to checking out at 6pm rather than 1pm after spending 17 days with them

The cleaning staff were excellent and very polite

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

4.5
    Location is the only plus point , dining and shopping sports...

Rooms are not comparable with the rooms shown on pictures. Furnitures were super old, bath with blind mirror, shower always cold. Hotel could shapen up immensely with very little effort Most of the staff had difficulties speaking English

Location is the only plus point , dining and shopping sports right next to the hotel, beach in 100m distance, great view

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

The locations is very good: the restaurants and supermarkets...

It took us more than 1 hour to check in while there were only 3 people in front of us in the line. The reception was very slow! To get a remote for TV you have to leave a deposit.

The locations is very good: the restaurants and supermarkets are very close same as it takes just 5 minutes to go to the beach. The hotel isn't new, but clean.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

nice locations with a lot of shops around.

terrible reception: has to spend a lot of time always waiting for service. wrong information's given by receptionists. no coffee machine in the room.

nice locations with a lot of shops around. near to beach.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Housekeeping and bell staff very friendly.

Front desk staff not greeting people as they pass through the lobby. Rooms out of date, old furniture, old bedding, linens poor quality, still had old bedspreads which are not sanitary, television left speaker sound distorted which was reported to the front desk but not repaired, shower head works but old with deposits. Stains on back of drapes and also on black out curtains. Room lacking clock. hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Toilet constantly running, bath door needs painting, bath door hinges rusty.Very small desk, Wi- Fi signal comes and goes. Also room lacked refrigerator and microwave oven.

Housekeeping and bell staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Iocation and price

I did a reservation for 2 nights and put my credit card as guarantee and when we check in the give us different rate something that never match with booking reserve and we ask about it a I did a reservation for 2 nights and put my credit card as guarantee and when we check in the give us different rate something that never match with booking reserve and we ask about it and they said that was booking problems they don't have to do anything about that that we should call booking.com cuz the hotel can't assume that responsibility and I just found it extremely unprofessionalnd they said that was booking problems they don't have to do anything about that that we should call booking.com cuz the hotel can't assume that responsibility and I just found it extremely unprofessional

Iocation and price

• Reviewed: 27 June 2015

My two friends and I arrived to Acapulco for a few days...

The negatives about the hotel are more to do with the state of Acapulco, as a whole. The hotel is older and run down, and many of the amenities were not available, like the bocce equipment for the court. There is no beach front to the hotel, so we walked a short walk to the beach, but had to pay for a place to sit and were constantly accosted by vendors since we were one of the few groups of tourists on the beach. If you want to stay here, I'd suggest coming on a weekend and being prepared to entertain yourselves with few cultural or entertainment options in Acapulco that are safe for travelers.

My two friends and I arrived to Acapulco for a few days during the week. We are international travelers and had been to cities prior to Acapulco in Mexico and were hoping to enjoy the beach and relaxation of a coastal stay. At the hotel, the staff was very kind and the room was cleaned well. The view from our room was lovely and definitely my favorite part of the stay. The pool was pretty, but because we were there for the work week, we were usually the only ones to relax at the pool, meaning the bar wasn't open and there were only two towels for the guests to share. The location was fine, with Walmart accessible for us to buy cards and wine, once we realized there wasn't much else to do in the city.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The bar

The bar

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

I felt sick but the doctor was not called.

I felt sick but the doctor was not called. also one of the security guards was naughty.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Staff

Noisy

Staff

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Very good location, friendly staff.

The fridge was a bit noisy at night.

Very good location, friendly staff. There's parking in the hotel. We got a room with a beautiful view!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

Handy for the beach, shops, restaurants.

Handy for the beach, shops, restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Praice

Praice

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.