Reviews of LaiLa Hotel CDMX 4 stars

Rio Lerma #237 Colonia Cuauhtemoc, 06500 Mexico City, Mexico

#106 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

Great location to Reforma.

The shower didn't really work. Not sure if it was the shower head or water pressure, but the water just came out insert of showering.

Great location to Reforma. Clean hotel and friendly staff.

Good to stay for business, but far from holiday staying.

Price though not quite friendly but really having not many options. Elevator was broken for one night and customers were forced to walk to their floors. Why no surprise?

The room itself is with fairly good space. Everything else is standard.

Great Staff, Great Location!

The staff were super friendly and nice - infact Snr Fernando Hernandez Dominguez personally looked after me, making sure I got a ticket to Americas vs Santos at the Azteca Stadium! Muchas gracias amigo! The location is also incredible - you are on the reforma (you know, the road with that famous golden lady), and right next to the Chapultapec Park. Condesa is super cool and you can take a look at Roma

Good stay but was let down by the terrible room assigned to us

Room is on the small side and I was given a room with loud electronic room right next door. After many experiences with different hotels booked through booking.com, it seems that the hotel gives out the least favourable rooms to booking.com reservations first and reserve the better ones for their own customers.

Comfortable beds and clean bathroom

Excellent value, recommended!!

The sound-proofing between rooms could be better.

Location is amazing (lots of great restaurants around, safe, easy to find other resources such as drugstores and conveniences. However, the surprise is the staff; they’re excellent, outstanding.

Good experience, but don't choose rooms on the first floor (too noisy)!

If you choose a room, I suggest not to choose it on the first floor, really noisy from outside.

I stayed twice in Hotel Laila and I had a good impression. The staff is super nice and gentle. Rooms are clean and comfy (not the cleaness I have ever seen, but I can't complain). Good position, not the city centre but fine with good restaurants 2 minutes away.

Good value for the money and great staff

The lobby floor is not very welcoming, but rooms are much better.

Comfortable room, good location very close to the park and to Paseo de La Reforma avenue and very gentle staff. We noticed after several hours of check out that we had forgotten some things and they were very professional and gentle, found our belongings and we could take them back.

Dirty sheets...

It was just ok. I had to pay to get a crib in my room. We got a crib made out of wood. It was old and dirty, unacceptable. There double bedroom was very small. The coffee maker was not working properly, the water was not hot. When I asked for more coffee I was told that it is only provided when the housekeeper cleans and stocks the room. So they were not able to provide... The location is great and the staff was wonderful. I don't see myself going back again.

We loved the city and the staff here at Laila. We look forward to staying next week.

The race that went on early, early Saturday morning. I wished that the motel had told us that was happening before we booked or at least the day before. We stayed up late the night before. The beds were too hard for me. I woke up sore everyday. We had our first encounter with an earthquake when we arrived and it was pretty scary. I free drink to calm our nerves would have been nice. The staff made up for it though. They were great. We will stay again next week.

The staff was awesome!!

Very clean and secure, walking distance to food and...

It is necessary for them to have their breakfast rules clear when clients enter breakfast area. We ended up having to pay the equal amount of an actual meal for simply getting a juice and hardly any food. So to avoid misunderstandings, they should put a nice sign in the lobby.

Very clean and secure, walking distance to food and landmarks. Very short car ride from landmarks that were far away. Simply took an uber and paid very little to get there. And the staff assisted in obtaining any information we requested. The housekeeper was amazing, loved her!

All in all it was OK, and very well located

The shower was not very good and would benefit from a new shower head. It also leaked on to the bathroom floor. The black "paint" on the bed headboard was coming off and staining the pillows, my head or whatever else it came in to contact with

vERY COMFY BED

Very comfortable room

The location is in the business district. Walkable distance to Roma Norte and the park. Location is ok, but not the best for a tourist.

Very comfortable room Big bed Hot shower with good water pressure Good breakfast Quiet

the check out price was higher than the one offered at...

the check out price was higher than the one offered at Booking .com supposedly because The IVA (tax) was not included. there was also some remodeling but was not much of a bottherr

Position

They have works in progress some remodeling in the reception and restaurant and there is a lot of dust and it is cold in the restaurant as all doors are opened

Position Staff attitude

Fantastic value and a very friendly staff.

They were renovating the lobby when we were there which included some serious noise, but they were about done when we left so no issue for future travelers. LaiLa is highly recommended

Fantastic value and a very friendly staff. Location is great, lots of cool neighborhoods within a mile or two. Restaurants and coffee shops abound within a few blocks

We would recommend this hotel.

The only complaint was that it was shown that there was a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel: not true. They charged my daughter U$D40 from the airport to the hotel, so my wife who arrived on a later flight took UBE for U$D7.50. Going back to the airport from the hotel, they both used a taxi costing U$D12.60.Conclusion: use UBER. It is convenient and safe in D.F. The bath towels were yellowed - but clean and dried perfectly!

According to my wife & daughter who stayed here, the location was excellent as were the breakfasts.

Good service to money ratio.

The internet was slow - perhaps because I was in a corner room, but definatelly not good enough for a business stay.

The concierge, cleaning and reception staff are super nice. The room was nice and tidy.

Corporate comfort

A bit of a dull area. Price didn't include breakfast . No double glazing : noisey! Not enough English tv channels

Room was comfortable and I liked the space and style

Great stay and I would definitely go back.

We did lose hot water the last day and a half, the staff tried to fix it but the water wouldn’t get hot.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great! It’s very close to the angel on reforma and a short drive to the centro histórico depending on traffic.

Nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff and a superb location

Hallway on floor has a big metal door that greets you as you come out the lift - gives a bad first impression of hotel when you get to your floor - we were in the 6th floor.

Staff were lovely, especially concierge who organised a trip for us. Location was also excellent

((( I was disappointed

Check in procedure was too long (around 20 minutes), the receptionist asked me the Booking.com number of the reservation, I had to looking for it in my phone. (Usually nobody askes for it). The room was too close to the ventilation system and it was very noisy during all the night. At the summary I think, it's the bad relation quality/price. I'd not recommend this hotel!

A Good location, big bedroom, enough clean room. There is a coffee and a water in the room, and a fridge. A lot if towels.

Room was nice and comfortable.

I was surprised that paying this amount per night breakfast is not included?! On top of it Internet connection in the room was total crap!

Room was nice and comfortable.

Overall was good. I would go back.

The towels are not soft, and the breakfast was not to many choices.

Great location, close to Ave Paseo de Reforma , lots Restaurants , Coffee Shops , also easier to walk to Angel de la Independencia , Museo de Antrpologia , and the staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The location of the property was excellent.

The a/c barely worked, even when on high. There were no fans available. We had maintenance check out the unit, but it was barely working. The staff insisted it was working fine. We met other guests who had similar concerns with the air conditioning. The sheets on one bed were stained. I requested new ones, and they were changed. The towels were very rough and old. Some of the front desk staff were rude and not helpful. We spoke Spanish, so there was no language barrier. If you go when it's not as warm, it would be an adequate place to stay.

The location of the property was excellent. There were many restaurants along Rio Lerma, and the area was safe. There were lots of lively restaurants near the hotel. It was very close to the Angel de la Independencia. The hotel staff who assisted us with tours and taxis were extremely helpful. We didn't get the breakfast buffet, but had other items on the breakfast menu. It was good! The beds were comfortable and the room was a decent size. There was a safe in the room which was convenient.

Modern hotel at a great location. Great staff.

The building form the outside looks old and some details inside the room were breaking down but nothing too bad.

The rooms we're pretty enough, the building from the inside is very modern. There was a starbucks at walking distance and the staff was very helpful and polite.

Only location is good.

Staffs attitude, total indifference to needs of the client and serving without any emotions just like machines. No training or urgency in problem solving ........................

Good for a business trip

The bathroom could be cleaner. Noisy generator, or whatever it was, at night giving me difficulties to fall asleep.

Friendly personnel, good location and fine breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

JUST LOCATION IS GOOD.

IF YOU CHECK OUT IN ADVANCE DUE TO TRIP ARRANGEMENT CHANGED, THE HOTEL WILL CHARGE ADDITIONAL FEE. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I MEET THIS SITUATION.

LOCATION

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

I had a problem when storing my 2 pieces luggage during the...

I had a problem when storing my 2 pieces luggage during the day. The smaller piece came back with a fracture in the zip. There were only clothes inside and I had everything.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Excellent location

Room service is to be paid in cash, but this information is not provided. It has caused us great trouble during our stay. Our adult daughter was sick and stayed in the room while the rest was out, but she had no money on her. If the information had been provided on the menu (it said "room service" and did not mention pay in cash), this problem would have been avoided. We assumed it would be charged to the room, as in any other hotel.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Staff is unable to put themselves in the shoes of the client. Payment procedures and getting receipts are a disaster.

Great location. Clean. Price-value is fine.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

I like the location was walking distance from a lot of good...

Breakfast was awful no many options for a buffet and the room was small with cheap furniture

I like the location was walking distance from a lot of good places

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Excellent location , very unfriendly staff !

Very unfriendly people at the front desk. They don't act as if they were prepared for the type of work that they need to perform. Noisy rooms, slow elevator , rude staff in general with the exception of a couple of nice waiters at breakfast

Good Breakfast!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Charming hotel in a perfect location.

The breakfast included in the price was quite simple, it would have been nice to give other options. Expresso coffee was not included in the breakfast, we had to pay for it apart and it was quite expensive...

Beautiful house in a perfect location. The hotel is charming and clean. Great value for money

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

stay @ another hotel

staff is horrible. they promise early check in but then they tell you that is booking providing misleading information. they not only have no early checkin option, but in case they provide a room before 3pm they charge extra

clean

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

A good hotel!

There are a couple of things worth mentioning: Breakfast Buffet: The hotel ended up charging my partner and I for our breakfast buffets when our reservation clearly stated that they were included in our reservation. But, after explaining everything to the front desk, they handled it professionally and refunded our money back. Location: My partner and I also rented a car for our trip and could not find any parking spots near the area. We had to keep our car in a nearby parking garage for 22 pesos per hour. So, keep that in mind if you plan on driving during your stay.

The hotel itself is very clean and nicely decorated. My partner and I stayed on the 6th floor and saw pretty good views of the city. The staff were also very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Comfortable and a great location

The towels were terrible...please invest in some new ones

Location was fabulous. The staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was good. We ordered espresso coffee each morning - worth the extra dollars. Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Horrible

I was stuck in the elevator for 45 mins and no staff was there to attend the alarm. The rooms are very small and with horrible ventilation. The price and procedures of the hotel is absolutely prohibitive for guests. Horrible

The gym view...not the equipment. It is on the top floor with a view to the city.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The best thing is the location.

The coffee at breakfast was horrible. Need to change brand. My room was next to a non stop air conditioner compressor that works 24/7.

The best thing is the location.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Location and comfortable

- internet was always bouncing - Disgusting when all waiters in the restaurant during the breakfast were always putting pressure on you for an extra tip even when the meal was already included in the daily fee and the hotel surcharges you a 10% of service fee.

- Location; - Room comfort; - Gym; - AC.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

The price was excellent in comparison to the location, which...

It is well located. It's near one of the main streets of CDMX, which is Reforma.

The price was excellent in comparison to the location, which was amazing! I went out every morning to my trips and every time i got back it was already cleaned. The staff was great.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

kind staffs, good location, however few parking space

however a bit difficult to use parking lot, i guess there is few availability.

staff was really kind, the location was good to access to the tourist attractions, restaurantes...

Location, shared spaces

No use el restaurante

Old bed sheets

Location. Stuff

It was great.

We didn't have a window with any view -- it was frosted.

Great value and the staff was so friendly and helpful!

Comfortable

Room was lacking in simple hooks for clothing, small space to hang clothing

Great location, helpful staff

Good for meet insurgentes street

Restaurant is bad

Is a good hotel if you travel for work

Lovely hotel with a friendly staff

Wifi signal was very weak on the 9th floor.

Very friendly and helpful staff

A great stay at this hotel.

A great stay at this hotel. The location is great and it provides good facilities.

Breakfast buffet

The molletes were hard.

Breakfast buffet

Fab breakfast and great restaurant staff. Very central location

No central heating

The only problem was the cold - the rooms have no central heating so we were all freezing!

Staff was very helpful.

Staff was very helpful. Location was in a very nice area of Mexico City.

Great breakfast, great location. Smelly showers

Bathrooms/showers

Excellent little downtown

I liked the hotel , clean , kind staff . Nothing negative to say.

Good value hotel , great location. Not high end luxury but excellent value.

CDMX

under contruction during high season

Conveniently located

Staff very rude!

Staff very rude! They didn't want to call me a cab to go to airport. I never saw that in intire world.

Nica hotel in a great location

Front desk guy was rude

Location and bed

Very good location and great restaurants!

Very good location and great restaurants!

Location, comfort, friendly staff, wifi.

The first day I did not have hot water in the room.

Location, comfort, friendly staff, wifi.

The room was not clean and I had to call housekeeping in the...

The room was not clean and I had to call housekeeping in the evening to come and clean.

Hotel services

clean and well presented, comfy beds

clean and well presented, comfy beds

The bed

the elevator and the lack of staff

The bed

The bed is like a cloud

The service

The bed is like a cloud

Perfect location, value and comfort

Great value and superb location. Clean and comfortable with great Wifi and staff service. I'll be coming back

Just a place where do not stay

Staff attitude

Laila Hotel CDMX

Not the cleanest place

I liked how close it was to so many places.

Excellent service, clean, excellent location

Excellent service, clean, excellent location

clean, modern, and central

no complimentary breakfast, new computers do not have SD card slots;-)

clean, modern, and central

Good location....

Reception staff not friendly, expensive breakfast, very noisy room, very bad quality of towels.

Very good location, Bell boys very friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

A wonderful modern building.

A wonderful modern building. Location great and personnel very nice and professional.

Great!!

Very accesible, clean and business oriented...

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Unpleasent experience

Once I was in my room, they made a mistake and open my room with a family of 4, since they assign them the same room to them.

Location and price

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Good value business hotel

The advertised local shuttle service doesn't exist

Browse LaiLa Hotel CDMX traveller photo gallery