Reviews of Catalonia Privileged Maroma - All Inclusive 5 stars

Carretera Fed. 307 Chetumal Puerto Juarez Km 306 + 250, 77710 Puerto Morelos, Mexico

#3 of 38 hotels in Puerto Morelos

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The activities,
    • Premium Double Room

The hotel lost power. No hot water to take a shower 1 night. And a.c. Was out for several hours. Smoke alarm going off in the restaurant for several minutes.

The activities, Always something to do! The staff was great.

Very good and relatively quiet resort to stay several days
    • Premium Double Room

Algae on the beach... And the food could be a little bit better to be fully perfect. No Air Con in the buffet area: waouh, it's hot there.

Amazing beach, unluckily covered by algae, but it's a global issue in the area. Great facilities, friendly staff, correct food, very quiet overall. Diversity of restaurants. The swimming pool is really good.

Fun, well organised hotel with great food - amazing value for money
    • Premium Double Room

- The beach and pool areas were pretty noisy with organised entertainment several times a day - not ideal if you are looking for chilled out peace and quiet. I wonder if they could turn the volume down a bit? - The staff trying to upsell Exclusive Membership - we got off lightly I think but I suggest the team coordinates itself better to avoid repeating the same spiel to guests who have just heard the pitch from one of their colleagues. - The coffee in the coffee shop is great but the service is very slow. Also, do they really need to write down all the orders down on paper? Can't they use an ipad if they need to keep a record? - The draught beer was often flat and the cocktails were lacklustre, but the staff in the lobby bar were so friendly. - The hotel is 20 mins by car from Puerto Morelos. - The seaweed. It would be remiss of me not to mention that a lot of seaweed was accumulating on the beach during our stay (end of August 2018). The hotel had a dedicated team working all day every day to clear it, but they had their work cut out. Hopefully, just a seasonal phenomenon that will resolve itself soon.

- We were Privileged guests (the second of 3 guest categories I think), which meant that we could eat breakfast and lunch in the A la Carte restaurant every day and dinner in the themed restaurants for 5 out of the 7 nights of our stay. - The food was excellent. Great selection of fresh fruit and salads, plus less healthy (but equally tasty) options too. - The hotel serves house wine as part of the all-inclusive package, a real bonus. - There is a coffee shop that serves proper coffee! - The two waiters both called Jesus in the A la Carte (La Toscana) restaurant. They were very friendly and attentive. - The Japanese restaurant - The gardens are beautiful - The evening entertainment, especially the Lion King and The Beatles shows - such talent! - The efforts the hotel made to deal with the seaweed - The maid cleaned our room several times a day

The All inclusive that has it all.
    • Premium Double Room

There is sea grass here, it's not as bad as some of the reviews are saying. The hotel cleans it up every morning, but it's a constant presence. I wouldn't make it a reason not to go. the beach is amazing and you can swim in the sea. I really can't think of any other negatives.

We liked pretty much everything about this hotel. The layout, location, beach, food, staff, facilities. This hotel delivers. I have to say we did get an upgrade to the privilege package which does enhance the experience a bit but I think I'd be saying the same things without the upgrade.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Been known and recognized by staff and doing their very best...
    • Superior Privileged Double Room with Pool View

They tried to update my room... no answer received. Overall satisfyed. Will be back soon. Great place to relax.

Been known and recognized by staff and doing their very best to please my needs. So satisfied that my wife and I, became members.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Awesome
    • Superior Privileged Double Room with Pool View

This is our second stay at Catalonia. We spent a wonderful 15 nights, The location is very pleasant and comfortable. If you want to relax and have fun this is the place to go. I will come back without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Awesome stay to relax
    • Privileged Romance

This is our second stay at Catalonia. We spent a wonderful 15 nights. The facility is very pleasant and comfortable. If you want to relax and have fun this is the place to go. I will come back without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Everyone very helpful and polite, they took care of issues...
    • Premium Triple Room (3 adults)

One of the rooms that we rented wasn’t available after almost 11pm, no elevators and we had the room with the pool which are only located on the third floor and we have an infant with us.

Everyone very helpful and polite, they took care of issues right away.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Catalonia Privileged Maroma
    • Premium Double Room

I loved the layout of the hotel; the pool/beach area we're next to the à la carte restaurants and shops which made everything accessable. There's many snack places to eat if you want to stay in this area, or there's the buffet a little further away which is seperately by a beautiful jungle path which plays calming music.

5 night stay meeting a friend
    • Premium Double Room

We were overcharged on our room bill and despite Guillermo putting the necessary notes in for a refund both the checkout lady and the reception manager made it incredibly difficult and drawn out to get the necessary paperwork to confirm the refund would be processed - we wasted three hours negotiating over what was in fact an overcharge error by the hotel - not well handled by the reception manager especially.

Food fabulous- wait staff and bar staff great - Yesenia the concierge great - Guillermo great. Pools beach access lovely - ideal family resort

It was just what we needed and we loved staying there! Would recommend to everyone
    • Premium Double Room

However, if you wanted to sit near the pool you'd have to go really early like 7 am because people reserve it and leave till 10am.

We loved how even though the hotel showed sold out they make sure it is not too crowded so that you can still enjoy your vacation with peace and without having to wait in line for things (availabilities of activities, chairs on the beach, tables at the buffet)

I particularly liked the emphasis on environmental...
    • Premium Double Room

I particularly liked the emphasis on environmental protection. No straws, no disposables for example. Staff were super friendly and lots of activities to keep you entertained.

Great place for a great vacation
    • Superior Privileged Double Room with Pool View

AC wasn't the greatest, tv a bit small but nothing to ruin our stay

We loved the location and the resort as a whole. All of the staff was amazing! The bartenders at the Margarita Bar by the pool were phenomenal! All of the A la carte restaurants were great. The buffet was just as great also. Loved all of the wildlife walking around the grounds. We will definitely return again in the near future!

Great hotel for family vacations
    • Premium Double Room

Gym and spa close a little bit early. It would be nice to have them open after the sunset.

The staff is friendly and kind. Outstanding food at the privileged restaurants. Very clean hotel. Fast and easy check-in/out. Excellent pool and facilities. Good value for the money.

It was nice and they do their best but wont come back.
    • Premium Double Room

The food is not good. Also for big groups they wont take reservations unless you purchase 1 or 2 bottles of wine. The restaurants dont have enough space to feed every guest. there is only on or two restaurants with better food . overall was hard to eat unlees you like fast food.

Nice place, clean and friendly

We would not go back to this hotel. Although the Hotel was very nice, the food was terrible.
    • Premium Double Room

The staff was overall great. Except for the fact that you are bullied into buying bottles of wine if you would like a dinner reservation. If you didn't , you would have to just show up and hope for a table. All restaurants were full and it was nearly impossible to get in. Overall, only two restaurants served decent food. The rest was horrible. Room service was great.

The room was clean and very comfortable. The beach was great.

Paradise
    • Premium Double Room

Few barristas from main reception and pool bars were inattentive. You can only pay by credit cards only in the hotel shops, they don't accept pesos (national currency) - it appeared strange to us.

Everything except some details.

Beautiful nature, great service and food.
    • Privileged Superior

The hotel staff insisted the first 2 days on inviting us for a meeting to advertise their chain. Not in the mood for these kind of meetings when going on holidays.

Location is excellent, the hotel is surrounded by a beautiful beach and nature, large variety of food, which is very tasty and good service...

Beautiful Rooms, and beach but horrible drinks,doesn't accept USD

Unfortunately there were several issues I had during my stay. 1. Upon arrival when paying for our stay we were told that they do not accept US dollars, only pesos and credit/debit card. It was frustrating and IMMEDIATELY put a damper on our stay. The options given was use the currency exchange on the property which was offering 15 peso to $1 dollar versus at the airport's 18/19 peso to $1 dollar (round trip transport back into town would be $50), this may seem insignificant but it was actually an additional $500 had we used the property's currency exchange. 2. We had the privileged package, that includes a separate concierge office that was actually close to our rooms, however it closes at 8 pm which would have been fine if my aunt's room key/door didn't stop working after 8 pm. Once the office is closed you're forced to walk back to the main lobby check-in to speak with someone, and again despite the long walk would have been okay, if me and my mother didn't have to do it THREE TIMES. The issue was with my aunt's key/door but they are older, one with a foot issue and could not make the walk back. The 1st &2nd time we went they exchanged the keys but the door still didn't open, by the 3rd time I was furious and tired. It was the 3rd time that the assistant manager Marcel said it was probably the battery in the door. What followed was an hr wait for security to come and dismantle the door to change the battery and put it back together. I should also mention this all took place the same day we arrived so as you can imagine between the payment issue and this we already have a bad taste in our mouths about Catalonia. It is definitely worth mentioning that the assistant manager Marcel was very apologetic of everything that had happened, he offered to move us to their adults only property, and that he would speak to his boss to find out if they were able to accept our cash.

I loved the room we stayed in, which was the exclusive suite with the private pool on the balcony with ocean view. The mini bar was fully stocked, beautiful decor, modern and tastefully designed. Maid service was phenomenal (Rosa in the day and Sandra at night for turn down service). We had full control of the room temperature, the lights and jets in the pool as well as the awning on the balcony which we could retract and extend with the remote. The customer service here was great despite all the other downfalls the staff were ALWAYS very friendly, but with a leading example such as the Assistant Manager Marcel I'm not surprised.

Honeymoon, felt a little ignored by staff. However beautiful grounds.
    • Privileged Room

Not too much to do at the hotel and hotel grounds. Some staff didn't care to wait on you if you couldn't speak Spanish or Italian. Beach did not live up to how people spoke about it.

The food was excellent.

A dream vacation I could actually afford!
    • Premium Double Room

If I had to pick something, I wish the pool was open past 8. We liked to spend the daylight hours at the beach then have dinner so we never really got to use the pool. That's being picky though considering everything the resort has to offer its' guests.

Where do I begin? Well right away my boyfriend and I were surprised to find out that we were upgraded to Privileged for free which started our vacation off way better than we could have hoped for. If you're wondering whether you should spend the extra money to upgrade or not, do it! We got to dine in the five specialty restaurants at no extra charge; that alone was awesome because the buffet was only satisfying for breakfast. We also got a privileged room next to the beach and everything else (in the 6000s), a discount on everything extra such as massages and excursions, and we got to use the privileged side of the beach. The food? So good! The Grill was our favorite, followed by the tapas restaurant. The Japanese restaurant was our least favorite, but had the best service. We found all the staff at the resort to be extremely friendly and kind even though we didn't know much spanish. I had hoped to name them in my review but there were just too many to list. I know my boyfriend enjoyed his budding bromance with Alex at the buffet so I have to give him a shout out. Back to the food, the buffet was great for breakfast, but less so for lunch (just nothing I was crazy about). And then there are the drinks which is what made the all-inclusive so appealing because I must have had about half a dozen margaritas each day. Everything about this resort blew us away. The beach was so relaxing and gorgeous which is where we spent most of our time. We had great relaxing massages, a beautiful room, made some awesome memories on excursions, and had an over all amazing vacation. We kept waiting for someone to try and sell us on a timeshare, but it was never attempted once which we appreciated. The stay at Catalonia was so much more affordable than other resorts which made it possible for me to have a dream vacation I thought I would never be able to afford. I can't wait to go back which we definitely will be doing.

Very comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely setting.
    • Privileged Suite Ocean View with Swimming Pool

A bit too much background noise. Music by pool playing all day hard to get away from even in privilege suites.

Very comfortable room and facilities. Helpful and friendly staff. Good food and drinks. Very nice beach.

Great location and beach, poor facilities and food
    • Privileged Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Facilities are old. Really old. Bathroom in the rooms is extremely small like a closet in the old house. All inclusive buffet and all restaraunts are completely terrible! Untasty and horrible!

- The staff is amazing: always a smile!
    • Premium Double Room

- You have to "reserve" your place near the pool early in the morning because by 8 o clock, almost every bed has a towel...

- The staff is amazing: always a smile! Special thanks for Ramos the gardener who gave me a coconut early in the morning and to the sushiman (Marco?) at the Ayami restaurant! The guys at the margarita's bar are very funny! - Beach is perfect - Food is good - Bed is good

Worth every dollar spent in the all inclusive privileged plan.
    • Privileged Romance

They took 1:30hr of my leisure time to try to engage me with a travel club.

With the privileged plan you have access to better restaurants and stay closer to the beach. Food in this hotel it’s incredible, even the regular buffet at any time of the day. Spa service and included activities are great. The privileged staff treats you so well. The property it’s well located with a beautiful beach and jungle. You see friendly animals everywhere.

Wonderful , easy family vacation

We spent a week with family at Catalonia Playa Maroma. The beach is stunning. Lovely swimming the first few days. Unfortunately seaweed did come in midweek, which made the sea a bit less enjoyable. The pool was a good alternative. Lots of activities, sailing almost every day, beachvolley and ping pong tournaments and lots more. We loved the buffet in the morning and for lunch and enjoy ed the restaurants in the evening. Comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. It is a lively place in a beautiful setting. We would definitely go back!

Wonderful surprise
    • Premium Triple Room (3 adults)

The bell boy service it was not very good.

Not really knowing what being a Privileged guest meant, having breakfast and lunch a la carte, and be able to have dinner in different thematic restaurants, being at a few feet from the pool and the beach it made our stay a wonderful surprise.

waiters, check-in clerks, bar staff.
    • Premium Double Room

waiting list for the restaurants.

waiters, check-in clerks, bar staff... all were exceptional... darius, who brought the complimentary fruit basket and spirit, was our favorite guy.

We were completely pampered - it was so hard to leave!
    • Premium Triple Room (3 adults)

We enjoyed the food for the most part, but we did notice that some of the sit down restaurants did not offer much for vegetarians (in particular, the Mexican and Japanese restaurants had very limited options). One of the most annoying things was the towel situation on the beach. I am an early riser and would get to the beach at around 7:15 to enjoy the sunrise. There were plenty of beach chairs, but the beach also had some daybeds. No matter how early I got to the beach, there would be towels left on the beds to "reserve" them. I suspect people left their towels over night. Those individuals usually stayed at the pool for most of the day, and then showed up at 2:00 to claim the beds. It was very wasteful, and I wish there was more policing for preventing this.

The staff was absolutely incredible. They went above and beyond to make sure that we felt comfortable and welcomed. Huge shout out to Enrique, Miguel, Juan Jose, and Lucia. They greeted us as if we were old friends every time we saw them. As for the food, the breakfast buffet was very nice. We loved the tapas restaurant and the Italian restaurant. The facilities are also gorgeous. We spent most of our time on the beach, and we had someone taking our drink orders. I also have to mention the cute company of the coatis. They were all over the place, and they were an amusing part of our trip.

Good, but not great.
    • Premium Double Room

They made us pay for a bathtub room, even though I sent two emails asking for one. Some of the management was rude.

The pools were great and most of the staff.

We very happy with our stay and the resort.
    • Premium Double Room

Nothing really stands out. I think if you want to look for something wrong you could always find little things.

We were in privileged and the room was wonderful in building 6 which is closest to the beach. Great size. Clean. We had read a lot of reviews and not sure why there were any concerns. One we read was the staff was rude but wow was that wrong. Everyone was fantastic. From the waiters, gardeners, entertainment, bartenders...etc. Everything was good all week long.

Good beach resort
    • Premium Double Room

Entertainment was really bad. No live music, just tacky music and awful “performances”. We were ‘privileged’ guests and so had access to some things and not others and we were given free lobster dinner but couldn’t use it on Valentine’s Day - all the rules got a bit confusing. The air con in the room is pretty bad. They don’t provide any shuttle services.

Cocktails were excellent. Staff at the bars and restaurants were exceptional. The coatís that greet you as you walk across the resort are adorable and really added to our experience. Beach is lovely although there’s a lot of seaweed. Food was generally very good.

All in all the resort is beautiful and great to visit but the service was incredibly slow
    • Premium Double Room

I wished the waiters were friendlier. Wait times for all restaurants (once you were seated) were way too long and impeded beach and activity time. Even the bars had line ups at all times and you had to wait for over 10 to 15 min sometimes for a drink. No beach service either.

The Crepes were amazing. Beach was beautiful. Most restaurants were good. Nice rooms

Excellent overall, staff really want you to have a great stay.
    • Premium Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They allowed smoking in way too many places. Also we were unlucky and there were too many algae in the water - were told it was very rare and believe it. Not really the hotel fault though - rather global warming, but late February and March are probable not the best times to go as it is windy. Still giving it top marks

Very friendly staff and very good facilities. Well managed with plenty of well trained staff

Great experience thanks to the excellent service and facilities.
    • Premium Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

As an 'all inclusive', variety of brands would be expected on all alcohol types of beverages (beer and spirits) These are offered for spirits only, however only to premium guests (guests affiliated to the hotel itself); beer on the other hand, is very limited as only one brand is provided. The service on some of the bars close to the pool is very slow; hopefully they watch out for this during peak season. Unfortunately, during our stay there was too much algae at the beach, however this is not the hotel's fault, yet it is a pity knowing that the beach is renown to be one of the best of the riviera.

The staff made our stay amazing. Very attentive at all times; upon arrival, during our stay and during the check-out process. They provided a baby crib upon arrival and a few unexpected perks that made our stay quite enjoyable. The food was good (even in the buffet), however we expected much more from some of the restaurants (ie the Spanish restaurant). Size of the room was great and bed was quite comfortable. The entertainment is VERY good, meaning there are several shows and activities to attend to. The size of the hotel itself is great since one can easily walk from one side of the hotel to the other without being lost, also making easy to walk with a trolley (excellent choice for young families travelling with kids).

Can't beat the weather!!!
    • Privileged Romance

The grounds could have been prettier. They were ok, but I have been to other resorts where they are spectacular. The room was a bit musty the first day, but it got better. Other than that, there was nothing else I didn't like.

This is a great resort to stay at. It is smaller than others we have stayed at and not as much activity around the pool, but still fun. The employees are GREAT!!. Every person said hello to us. All were very friendly and could not do enough for you. Raul in the spa is my hero!!! Gabrielle is a great bartender as were many others, but I just don't remember their names :-) The food is good. No long lines for the restaurant as in larger resorts. The beach is FANTASTIC. All sand from one end to the other (although the seaweed was a bit overwhelming) but they were there every day to clean it up!

Very Relaxing
    • Premium Double Room

Tacos need to be out every time the Buffet is open, they are too good not to be!

Every single person who works at this resort always has a smile on their face and very friendly and helpful. We would go back for the service!

Great resort kids loved it!
    • Premium Double Room

Check in was a little confusing got their 2 in the morning with our kids and didn't check us in till 4ish, everything else was amazing ♡

Kid friendly

Amazing vacation

Booking forgot to send our reservation to the hotel, but the hotel decided this problem quickly enough.

Very beautiful place, great beach, great food. The staff was always friendly and ready to help. Separately, thanks to Crystal (from the restaurant near the reception) for her help and sincerity. With young children is very comfortable to relax in the hotel.

Absolutely a GREAT Hotel and GREAT experience about honesty all inclusive place

The only point to consider is how frequently you want to leave the hotel to other activities... we stayed there for 4 days and after more 8 days in another hotel close to 5th avenue, which we learned it is also another nice place... but for relax and enjoy entertainment and shows... CATALONIA is the word.

Want to express our congratulations to all Catalonia team, since the arrival with a great "Margaritas" welcome, till the last day supportive attitudes that made our stay in this place a wonderful experience... great shows at theater, very well maintained and beautiful places inside hotel and a great job provided by all barmen, staff from buffet, spa, stores, cleanness team and reception that were all superb. Maroma Recreation team knew how to entertain the guests without bothering them, and did a great job (thanks for Rodrigo, Edania, Carlos, and all others). I will definitively return other times.

Bit pricey but satisfied overall
    • Privileged Room

Bottled water very difficult to open...need a wrench each time

excellent beach. Very good bar service on the beach. Specialty restaurants not so good Buffet restaurant had better variety and better food but a long walk from the beach. Overall, no complaints.

It was hard to find a table at any of the restaurants and...
    • Quadruple Room with Garden View (2 adults + 2 children)

It was hard to find a table at any of the restaurants and there isn't an option to make reservation for privileged guests. In addition, the hostess was incompetent. On one occasion at the Steak restaurant, we waited for one hour, checked with the hostess to see how much longer, and she couldn't tell us how much longer we would need to wait. Their tables were mostly reserved for Exclusive guests or time sharing people.

The facilities

Despite we payed All Inclusive, we had to order a lobster to reserve a table to our Christmas dinner. We arrived at 2030 to the dinner and the service lasted more then 2 hours. Due this, our kids lost the Lion King Show. Also, the different categories of guests is clearly unfair. We were waiting for a table for a meal, with tables reserved for possible Exclusive Guests that never arrived.

The facilities

Not the best at all

The beach was dirty, you could swim literally around plastic, the staff was hostile they took ages to attend you and if you didn't want the bottle of wine, anything payed or that time to sell you their travel program they got mad and any simpathy was gone, our room keys were disconnected twice so we had to go to the front desk that was far away from our room (privileged). Our welcome guide was telling us "this is an all inclusive!" Mad at us because we didn't want to spent that hour hearing about the travel program. Like we had no experience. The truth is that it was our first time in Mexico but our fith all inclusive and I didn't feel any privilege at all! If you want a really good service definitely go to Dominican Republic!

The coaties and all the animals that our children could enjoy, the new pool is great, a decent Internet connection. The beach was fine only very dirty ocean.

Second vacation in the incredible place
    • Privileged Superior

That's not about personnel, but I would like the resort has / follow a policy denying reserving good pool spots for afternoon relax by dropping beach towels in the early morning. Sometimes it's embarrassing. A la cart restaurants are not spacious enough (due to reconstruction), so sometimes waiting time can be near an hour.

Second vacation in the incredible place. Personnel is still above expectation, they are trying to be helpful with everything. Room cleaning is very good; Always available beach chairs in the palms shadow; Spa, managing by Raul, is a amazingly great place to feel a relax.

Pleasant Week at Catalonia Privileged Playa Maroma
    • Privileged Room

lack of dress code for dinner: shirts with sleeves (even of short) should be a minimum requirement for men, guests ought to be encouraged to put cigarette butts in receptacles not in sand at beach, loud speakers from pool area activities blasting throughout beach area

hotel setting: jungle with coatis, excellent long stretch of beach with shallow, clear water; extremely friendly and accommodating hotel personnel; Terrace cuisine: excellent tapas and seafood selections; choice of buffet and à la carte restaurants; privileged room with access to all restaurants

Beach is wonderful.
    • Privileged Romance

Rooms dont have any sound proof. Loud disco which you can hear from everywhere. Rooms need better maintenence. Food choice is not very big and everything is or very sweet or salty. Being a couple who reserved honeymoon suit we had some privilege, one of them tshirts, we had to visit 5 times customer service to get them, it took 7 days.

Beach is wonderful. Hotel is family orientated, but still good for couples. A lot of animals on the territory. Stuff is very friendly and professional, especially Mariela form privileged ( she helped us a lot) Gabriel form fruit bar bar and waiters in terrace restaurant during a day (Carlos, Qiirino..). Animation is good( Ricardo, Roberto, Idania), all day long volleyball, bingo, darts, night disco. Hotel offers complimentary lobster dinner to booking.com guests.

After all, we are very disappointed.
    • Privileged Room

First thing, the londiner was very rude, and asked 5-8 USD as a tip although we had to wait 1 hour for our baggages after we arrived. We did not have small USD only big, and he said he could change for us, and we had to wait 1 hour again. Second thing, after 2hours wasted time we realized that the 80% of the pool is under construction. This destroyed the full view of the garden. At the evening we realized not only the pool is under construction, but the restaurants too. We booked privileged room and services and paid more but we could not enjoy the upgraded services as the privileged restaurants worked in the the building of the buffet and were seperated (only with a folding screen) from the others as the restaurants are under constructiun too. After all we paid more for nothing. We were not informed about this construction previously, and we have not received any discount either. On the 2nd day my husband got sick (indigestion with fever) and asked help in the "privileged" room, but the man who was there was not so sympathizer, didn't ask where we eat, what we eat only offered a doctor for 150 USD. I think it is not an acceptable behavior after my husband got sick in the hotel. Staff was very kind, but the 90% could not ask what we would like to drink in english. After this is not a low budget hotel, the hotel should train the stuff at least 10 sentences in english. We spent here the last 4 days of our honeymoon, and after these experiences it was not the expected end.

The room was very clean. (It was cleaned every day). The building is nice too. Our concierge was very kind. We got fruits and champagne in our room. The beach is wonderful and clean.

Awesome / Beautiful beach

What bothered me a bit is the cleanliness of the beach. The deckchairs were never cleaned. They should clean the chairs, tables and pass the rake under the palm trees. Also the machine to release algae passes almost 3 hours each morning with a disturb noise, Then they could do it in 30 min. Another point is the lack of umbrella at the terrace restaurant.

I have just returned from 8 wonderful nights at Catalonia Privileged Maroma. Our stay was wonderful. We were pampered like princes. The privileged guess made our stay very comfortable. In addition you were treated like VIP because we booked through Booking. The place is ferric, the beach is superb. We tried all the restaurants, they were all very good but the one that got me the most is the Mexican and the terrace with a wonderful view especially at breakfast. The staff is very nice. This is a true all inclusive with all amenities. I will return without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Lovely holiday
    • Privileged Romance

Restaurants and terrace bar could be better.

Staff was perfect. Everybody was helpful and friendly. Food was good. Pool and beach was great. Great place if you want to relax and enjoy your holiday. Extremely recommended for honeymoon.

Incredible wedding weekend at Catalonia Maroma!
    • Privileged Room

The crepe restaurant was fantastic, but the food at the rest of the restaurants was just average to above average.... which tends to be par for the course for all-inclusive resorts.

The entire staff was incredibly accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure we had an excellent stay. The bar staff was very generous, the room was updated and kept very clean, and there were a lot of activities constantly taking place.

Great hotel, very attentive staff in an unbeliable setting!

I did not like to huge new sign of 'Catalonia' on that beautiful beach. I think the rooms can have a little more decorations, like paintings on the walls, to make them more feel more welcoming and cozy.

This is our second time at this hotel and we absolutely love it! The vegetation around the property and the manicure gardens are absolute beautiful! But, I should admit that the new, huge, colorful sign of 'Catalonia' in the most beautiful sight of the beach was not a good choice. It takes away the experience of the hotel as 'refine'. In my opinion, it is a luck of good taste. It does not go with the refine atmosphere created by the beach and the manicure gardens. The beach is gorgeous. The staff so attentive and polite. The food delicious, with many options. Our sincere thank you to the wonderful people who made our stay a great and relax one!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Beautiful scenery, wonderful staff, laid back atmosphere.. truly Paradise!
    • Privileged Room

The food could have been a bit better as far as variety.. it was alot of the same things as far as dinner and lunch sides daily.. good enough just not many choices for vegetarians. The bed was extremely hard and not the most comfortable. We would most definitely request an Oceanview next time. Minor things that we didn't "like".. Nothing that would stop us from returning here. The pros heavily outweighed the few cons!

This was truly a wonderful resort.. for the price in such a beautiful location, we were very pleased. We have travelled all over the world and must say, the staff at Catalonia Maroma were seriously some of the BEST ever! We will certainly consider going back to this location in the future! Thank you!

Will return next year.
    • Privileged Superior

Wifi was spotty, especially on the beach.

The staff was extremely helpful. People are friendly, they are trying to do their best. Terrace restaurant is great. I strongly advise buying the privileged package. Bring few dollar bills and spread them around. Their minimum wage is slightly more than $3 a day.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Beautiful, Friendly, oasis on Playa Maroma
    • Privileged Room

There wasn't really anything I disliked. Even the food was pretty good considering all-inclusive are notoriously sub par.

The beach is beautiful and the resort grounds are just paradise. I came for New Years with my best friend. The beach is just perfect. the Staff has fun activities all day long-- from water aerobics to volley ball. At night they host really fun events like burlesque shows, discos, and dance parties. Great mix of all ages-- but almost 80% ppl aged 20-50. Staff was so amazing! The staff is so helpful at planning excursions all around Cancun and the surrounding areas. I would DEFINITELY return.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Great family vacation for all ages
    • Privileged Room

Menu could have been more varied - gets a bit repetitive after 7 days.

The property was beautiful. The beach and the pool are perfect. The staff was very friendly and genuinely seemed to really enjoy working there. Highly recommend booking the privileged rooms.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great resort
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

We had problem with arranging transfer on the website and had to end up calling the hotel to get contact information. Found out that a taxi is actually less ($50)than we paid for a transfer ($79). There were two different spots to book excursions through we did a trip to Tulum (Mayan ruins), snorkelling in cave and snorkelling with turtles and there was more transport time then tour time, but all 3 locations were good. The resort is 30k from Cancun and 20k from Playa del Carmen. You can take a taxi for $20 each way to Playa del Carmen to shop or take the "free" shuttle if you want to spend a lot of time picking up people at other resorts and going to certain stores.

This is a European owned resort that has a lot of Europeans. They offered us an upgrade to privileged because they are looking to attract more Americans. Priviliege gets you a couple of extra meals other than buffet and a lounge to go to and a couple of discounts. Staff mostly speaks English and many staff greeted us by name. The food went from very good most of the time to just Ok sometime. We did not eat at buffet for dinner, but the breakfast and lunch there were good. After living in Italy for 3 years the Carbonara was nothing like that in Italy, but it was still good. Drinks were plentiful and bartenders could make just about anything you asked for. Rooms were comfortable even though beds could have been bigger. The beach is spectacular.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

The perfect place for solitary vacations on the sea
    • Privileged Superior

"Crepery" restaurant needs at least one english speaking person

Staff is really amazing Hotel location is perfect for suburban getaway: outside of city, into the jungles with dozens of local animals Nice beach

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Beautiful beach!
    • Privileged Room

The food was excellent in all the restaurants even the buffet. Rooms well laid out and comfortable. The best part was the beach, no dangerous currents or drop offs. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Facilities were great, but would have been better without all the rain!
    • Privileged Superior

The weather (not their fault), and because of the weather, there was little to do at the resort other than sit in our rooms

The food, the beach, and the pool!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Paradise!
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

I didn´t like the stupid people, who just can´t get rid of CIGARETES! The tourists are smoking everywhere, before the lobby, on the main path to the beach, on the beach - if you are on the 5th row of sunbeds and the wind is blowing from the sea, you just breathe the ugly smell and you cannot escape. Also the smoking was prohibited in the apartment area and despite that everybody was smoking on the terraces and in the apartment complex! This was very annoying for us non-smokers and the staff could take more action. I want to breathe clean air not the toxic air that somebody creates, disgusting!

This was the best place I have visited so far. Although it is a 4star rated resort, it had all 5 star properties. The beach was a perk, beautiful, clean, white sand a real caribbean dream. Crystal clear water, not big waves, as they are crushed by the reef in the distance. The rooms were very clean and spacious, the staff was very friendly and they care about the customer. We even got 2 massages as a promotion for free which was very welcomed. The food was excellent, we ate mainly in the bufet sometimes in the crepas or terrace. Although it wasn´t adult only resort, there were just some kids. Animators were perfect! Also the shows at the theatre. The surrounding is pure nature, very relaxing no cars, very quiet, no loud music after 11PM, so you can sleep well and go see the sunrise over the ocean. And in october there were just a few mosquitos and you have nets on the windows, so you don´t have them in the room (I used my repelent only few times in the evening when I was sitting outside or on the sunbed on the beach during the night).

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

The best beach ever!
    • Privileged Room

Food needs more improvement. Same menu as when we went 2 years ago. There is really no seafood!!! The food is also bland and not tasty at all :/

The best beach ever!! I feel in love with this hotel since the first time ai visited! I would go back a million times with no doubt! The price is reasonable and the staff is great, especially Juan the bartender and Amilcar the waiter. The rooms were always nice and clean.

• Privileged Room

Good stay but not amazing
    • Privileged Superior

Cleaning not efficient, beach not good

Overall the concept of the resort

good location access to the beach and my room is nice , i...
    • Privileged Suite Ocean View with Swimming Pool

none

good location access to the beach and my room is nice , i can look at the ocean, and pool . i wish i have more time stay there.

Location, rooms are clean

Sells guys, resturants

Location, rooms are clean

Exceptional

Great value for money.

Nothing worth noting.

Location and hotel grounds are amazing. Food is great at the restaurants.

Fantastic

Windy beach and seaweed

Friendly staff...nice location...good food...entertainment

Staff was amazing, friendly, hard working.
    • Premium Double Room

Wifi not always reliable.

Staff was amazing, friendly, hard working. Very healthy food options. Rooms are perfect. Great place for families!

Passports stolen out of room
    • Premium Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Passports stolen out of room

The staff are always very friendly and helpful.
    • Privileged Room

People trying to sell upgrades.

The staff are always very friendly and helpful. They are very happy to help with your spanish if you like to learn.

Great property with fantastic level of service and beautiful beach
    • Premium Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Internet could be better and spa area is really small for the size of the hotel

Really great service, food us good and the beach is fantastic

Awesome experience!

The food is amazing!

Challenging. Not likely to come back or recommend any one.
    • Triple Room with Garden View (3 Adults)

Restaurants always a challenge to dine, crowded. Room is small. Toilet is not working well. Bath room shower is not work. Bug beds.

Beach