Reviews of Imperial Las Perlas 3 stars

Boulevard Kukulkan KM 2.5, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#150 of 161 hotels in Cancún

6.2

• Standard Room

WiFi was limited and the restaurant was a little dark and dingy. Breakfast was good if you like all Mexican cuisine.

We got what we paid for, a clean room, warm water and a bed to sleep in.

• Standard Room

Staff we’re extremely rude and not helpful. Very bad first impression. They are giving bracelets by the type of room u have selected, so when I told her that she gave me the wrong one and that I had breakfast included she got upset and starting roll with the eyes.By the time at check in, I was talking to the lady, who supposedly was the only one speaking English, then later I had a problem with my A/C so I was calling them on reception for like good 20 min and no one answer. When I went to reception the same lady was pretending not to speak English just because she wasn’t feeling like helping me out. THERE IS NO WIFI IN ANY OF THE ROOMS. Only at the reception. Didn’t try the dinner, and I’m glad I didn’t book a room with full board, because breakfast was poor selection, not good, dishes were dirty. You could see stains on the glasses and pieces of food on the plates. Near the hotel there is absolutely noting. And the beach is not clean.

• Standard Room

there was no place to put our bags when we arrived early before room was available. Their process is to keep the bags in the lobby - but bellman was not there to watch the bags - so we did not feel comfortable with leaving our bags. Also, concierge did not speak any English - so made it difficult to communicate if we had any questions. Very small pool overrun by little kids. Beach area used by locals not staying at the hotel.

• Standard Room

Dated rooms, doors couldn't properly close. Hair dryer didn't work. Bathroom light didn't work. General lack of maintance obvious on the walls and ceiling.

Ocean view

• Standard Room

The beach is horrible! It's not clean the water is not nice at all! And it's very hot!! In other words it's not refreshing! I wouldn't recommend this property for people who go on vacation for the beach! The room is not very nice. But the air conditioning is A1!! It works very well I'll tell you that much :)

I got to the property and they gave my room away. I think I payed to much money for what it's worth.. Thank god they did because I would've never stayed there!! I did enjoy the drinks also there was a nice gentleman working at the restaurant! Very friendly and helpul! The bell man is very nice! They're lucky to have them! The lady at the excursion desk and her daughter are super nice! They let me charge my phone!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Standard Room

You have to pay for the shuttle to get to the hotel from the airport at the airport which, is about 20 minutes to the hotel. They have a hut in the water where they cook and serve food and birds live there and there is bird poop all over the rafters and some fell on my table this hut really needs to be torn down. If it were in the USA it would be condemend. So, I found the holiday Inn next door and ate there after that.

Its not an extravagant place its nice because the people are really nice and they keep it clean. I was told its the oldest hotel in Cancun. It was inexpensive and old but, I'd stay there again. You can take sightseeing boats right there its ok if you can't find anything else or don't want to spend a lot of money.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard Room

: Wi-Fi only in lobby; the hotel was very run down--needed a complete overhaul (painting, new furniture, new lighting, new bath fixtures; lobby not air-conditioned; the hotel is basically isolated—if you wanted to go anywhere to go shopping or to eat) other than their restaurant--La Gaviota, you need your own transportation or hire a taxi—and the food in the restaurant was really terrible; there is a small mini market on premises that sells a few items like: sodas, snacks and liquor; when I checked in they didn’t give me remotes to the TV and AC so I had to return to the lobby and get them—they didn’t work so I had to make another trip to the lobby--there are 5 floors and no elevator; the noise at night coming from guests at the pool, and from other guests partying outside was very loud; no amenities like coffee pot in room, Wi-Fi, furniture for clothing, etc. that most other 3 star hotels offer. I overheard many guests complaining in the lobby with hotel staff about various things concerning their room and other problems they were having during their stay there. I have stayed in many, many hotels in Mexico over the past 20 years that were rated 3 stars and have been satisfied, but nothing prepared me for this. It was very low quality for Mexican standards. If you pay more than $50 a night for this hotel—you’ll wish you hadn’t. It’s just not worth it. Check out other places to stay.

Room was clean, plenty of hot water in shower, balcony, TV, AC in room, small pool, private beach (but located in a cove so there are no waves)

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

WiFi only in the lobby

Staff was extremely nice, breakfast was yummy, everything was clean, perfect for someone who wants the authentic Mexican experience

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Standard Room

The only thing I didn't like was there is no elevator and we were on the 3rd floor and the bed was terribly uncomfortable.

The bed was like a rock. The sheets were very thin so that made sleeping difficult.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard Room

The stairwell was filthy. Prob not swept out in a while. Place was quite noisy. From inside and outside. Bed was like a brick.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean.

• Standard Room

The staff was kind. The restaurant was amazing in every way.

Very unhelpful & unfriendly staff

• Standard Room

Lost reservation 2 hour wait to check in Higher rate than agreed on Booking.com Bad customer service

• Standard Room

The closets in the suite are falling apart, need maintenance for the facility.

• Standard Room

Room had a smell inside. But the beachfront was good.

Beach

Size of the room and balcony

• Standard Room

It seemed old and uncaring

The pool is nice and comfortable

Everyrhing. Very cheap hotel

Terrible

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Food, beach

Price

• Standard Room

Comfortable accommodation, friendly staff and good clean environment

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Room

It was great for a one night stay.

The facility was very clean. As an American this would be like a very clean budget hotel on the beach.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Standard Room

Staff was very helpful and allowed us to leave our baggage since we arrived several hours before the check in time.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Wi-fi

Staff was exceptional, especially front desk and entertainment staff and maids who did a phenomenal job. Ocean view was breathtaking.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

The bed was very uncomfortable and the property is very outdated. Drinks at bar weren't good. Didn't try the food but it did not look appealing.

Budget beachfront hotel. Big room with good view, cold AC, plenty of hot water. No bugs. Property was clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Was a little upset that room was not made in the morning before 1pm on 3 occasions. Reported it 3 times and never should have had to more than once . One night room was made up very close to 6 pm because I complsined . They said someone had been sleeping in the room . Yes sfter 2 pm my son laid down to rest but that is why we had a room . 5 hours that day was more than enough time to make room up .

The staff , value , closeness to ocean

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Problem with price as booked in Canadian dollars.

Great place for beach. Staff is always taking care of the grounds and the beach. Facilities are dated but very clean and tidy. Some units are very small but larger units good value.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Terribly uncomfortable mattress, sheets so worn you can see through. Noisy, no hot water, broken toilet and morning ritual of hammering hot water pipes; which the staff somehow cannot hear.

Nice swim beach a few doors down, but no alternatives for food; the restaurant is marginal and over priced.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

food was bad, choices were limited, quality was poor, milk for cornflakes was warm and should have been refrigerated and kept that way. Staff did their best but were limited with stores.

convenient location

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

- the room smells funny, probably beacuse of the old-looking AC - the furniture is old

- value for money is excellent - easy transport by bus everywhere you need - private beach, bar, pool - free beach towels - has a small grocery store nearby - clean room

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Inside table and chair could be renovated.

The location and the hospitality. Excellent breakfast and courteous staff. Met a tour agent there who really lined us up on good deals. Thank you Jacqueline.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

the staff do not understand english, the service is bad, the food is not up to standard, the building is old and worn down and its also a bit smelly. The booking said we had a fridge, but it did not and staff did not understand when we questioned it. The wifi is non existing and the sea in front of the hotel is dirty and it stinks. Not a good place AT ALL!!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

I had a horrible experience with the first room. We showed up at 11pm and the walk up the stairs was eerie, the outside hallways looked and smelled like a dungeon that night. When we finally reached our room the hotel Key did not work, nor did the replacement i had to run downstairs to go get. The view outside the window was an abandoned construction site. Finally, that same night we asked to be moved to another room when we realized that our toilet did not flush. The room right next door was given to us which was much better, everything in the doom worked, including the room key. And although our window view was still towards the construction sight, we also got a partial view of the ocean. What I don't understand is why they gave us the broken room first, instead of the perfectly working room that was located right next door to us.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2015

Kitchen falling apart, couldn't use though getting charged for it. Bed needs replacing along with decent sheets. No safe in room.

ocean front location, dining staff were very pleasant and helpful and food was plentiful and tasty.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

It is far away from anything but the public busses shall take you in whatever direction you want to go and at a low cost... Otherwise walk. The beach seems beautiful and is nice as such if the hardworking staff continously gets rid of heaps of smelly seaweed.

I did not really know what to expect as it was my first trip to Mexico and the Caribbean Sea so I was a bit surprised by the high temperatures and especially the high humidity... Well, that has nothing to do with this hotel but I therefore welcomed the A/C very much. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious and good value for the money. We felt like we had won the lottery as we were placed in a room above the beach and with a fantastic ocean-view and the neighbouring island "Isla Mujeres) only 8-9 km. and a 30 minutes boat-ride away.. Vey nice breakfast oooohhh.. I almost forget to mention the great bar, though with high prices. The fantastic pool is located in front of the hotel and only a few steps from the ocean.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

When we checked in, I realized that the room was cleaned really badly - I have found several women's hair all over the room! Any service needs to be waited for a very long time - like it took us 40 minutes to print out the document at the front desk, or 30 min to get our order of french fries at the pool bar (it was supposed to be ready in 10-15 minutes) and so on. The location is not very nice as you don't have any big shops or restaurants near the hotel - to get to any you obviously need to take a car.

Nice swimming pool, close to the beach (however, the beach not very nice). Availiability of hot and cold water, the air condition was working properly.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

The wi-fi connection does not work in the rooms. It is necessary to go to the lobby to catch the wifi.

The location, the semi private beach, the dedicated workers.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Pocos canales de t.v. y no hay wifi internet en las habitaciones, solo en el lobby.

La mayoria de habitaciones son muy amplias y super limpias, camas cómodas, el personal de recepción marca la diferencia, el hotel tiene playa sin oleaje buena para niños pequeños pero sería bueno que la piscina tuviera el agua más limpia y renovaran tanto el mobiliario como las infraestructuras. Es una buena opción si buscas algo barato con playa.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2015

Do not expect to see the legendary Cancun beaches at this location (however, there is small, lagoon-style semi-private beach, right on the doorsteps of this property, along with comfy beach chairs/umbrellas, towel and drinks and snacks service between meals). Other then that, not much not to like (the bed mattresses and bedside lamps are the two things I would replace right away if I owned the place).

Unpretentious yet tidy, this property is located off the touristy Hotel Zone (if you're after "10 Restaurants, 15 Bars" All-Inclusive kind of Resort, this place is not for you (yet it's own "All-Inclusive" served in rustic shack over the water is charming! The staff is attentive, and the Holiday Inn next door is way more expansive to stay. Peaceful and picturesque, short walk to Isla Mujeres ferries, the Pirates' party ships and many restaurants/clubs, in case you miss some action. And poolside dinner-time show featuring authentic local dancers, who re-enacted the ancient legends and the rituals of predecessors, really brought up the Spirit of this land, which resonated with the setting.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

Absolutely everything. If you check my other comments about other places I have stayed, they are 99 percent glowing reviews. Stay away from this bug infested dump.

It was not snowing.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Lo mas feo es que después de haser el chequeo en el hotel. Otra señora me sienta a querer venderme excursiones cuando uno lo que esta es loco por llegar a la habitación .tambien al llegar al hotel solo me faltaba pagar dos noches ya que me habia cobrado una .resulta q el hotel dijo que no al regresar tuve q contactar a booking y mandarle la prueba para q me reembolsarán la noche q ya había pagado y el hotel las gentes de reserva son tremendo hijos de p siempre salía con un cuento. Al final bookin fue quien m reembolso.

Muy buena ubicación. Esto es un hotel para tres días. No mas de tres días. De corazón le digo

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

The hotel is located on the opposite side of Cancun's pretty beach. It's basically in a peninsula. The water was green and full of seaweed. The sand had shells all in it and made it uncomfortable to even walk in the water. The wifi only works in the Lobby. Not in your room. That was not disclosed. The sink is so high that you can barely brush your teeth. The doors are old and rusted and you have to slam them for them to open or close. The hotel is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. You can hear every move from the above floors and all the doors slamming shut.

The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

Towels not replaced, and reduced in number every day. had to ask reception. Some confusion over two deductions from my credit card. No bill recieved at the end of the stay. are they doing this to avoid paying the tax they have charged me? Can you contact them to send me a full bill?

Beach location. Swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2015

- bathrooms - It is nice that the restaurant is right on the beach but it makes the hotel swimming area less spacious attractive.

-location -staff (doesn't try to sell you anything, very simple and honest which comes unexpected on a major touristic destination) -fair price -direct beach access

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

this is one of the oldest hotels in Cancun There are NO elevators The beds were ROCK HARD and old! There were no refrigerators in the room

It was next to the beach Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

bathroom is most probably older than me and was never renovated (but honestly saying i didn't care) wi-fi could work better

the location is very nice - 5 minutes by bus to the downtown, close to nice beaches around the hotel zone, the hotel has private cosy beach very nice and interesting place when they served meals - kind of a hut on the molo super friendly staff in the beach/hut/pool bar area

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

The front desk charged me for two nights instead of the one we were staying for. They did refund it within a few days though. Entering the hotel was kind of disconcerting as the guy walked us through what seemed like an alley to a dirty stairway.

While in a great location for the price. The room and property were both uninviting and run down. There was a scaffolding just outside our window that creaked and groaned all nigh makingit even harder to sleep on their not-so-comfy beds. The beach was cute and it's a good place as a stopping point for a short cancun stay.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2015

The room smelled of dump, the beds were so uncomfortable that you could feel the springs, no even glasses in the room, very outdated and damaged TV. The swimming pool was far too small for the size of the hotel, Wi-Fi was only available in the reception area and swimming pool area - the biggest joke Breakfast selection was horrid couldn't eat anything except omelette, thanks god we didn't buys dinner there. The dinning room defiantly needs some refurbishment, had holes in the roof, and looked very scruffy. The stuff barely could speak English even at the reception.

There was nothing to like about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

I had a hard time logging into the wifi the first time and that was a pain but the staff was super helpful even resetting the router for me.

The staff was very nice. When I first walked into my room I was very impressed it was super spacious. The beds were comfortable enough and the porch was the absolute highlight. I had a pool/ocean view and was on the very top floor. So I think that added to the room since the way it is designed the top floors have a high ceiling extra bit. Also I was able to get wifi in my room because I was by the pool and next to the lobby entrance. I also had the all inclusive deal so I ate there 3 times a day with the occasional drinks and snack bar food. The food was awesome, they had a legit hearty display of food, fruits, and salad. If anything it was a bit too americanized I wished it was a bit more authentic Mexican food but I can understand it wasn't since when they had the occasional dish it wasn't as popular as the rest. But understandable since foreigners idea of Mexican food is taco bell and wouldn't know what authentic looked like (hint: it doesn't have sour cream, cheese, or lettuce). Anyway I would definitely recommend this to a friend. P.S. some of the bad reviews I read before going to the trip scared me but then I realized the main complaint was the staff didn't speak English and that I must laugh. You are going to Mexico a Spanish speaking country. If you chose it you should accommodate to it, if they speak English is a courtesy not a necessity. Otherwise we should all speak at least 5 different languages so foreigners can visit the US.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

the bed was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor. no elevators, only 2 restaurants in walking distance. staff is not very helpful. it was not very clean. the pool was cold.

the balcony is great. The beach is very walkable. the bus is right out side. it has a refrigerator and sink. the hammocks in the water was good. the price is right, but only if they fix the bed issue. if you can't sleep on your vacation what good is that.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2015

the place needs to be better kept, there is old rusty equipment just outside the building and broken glass windows, included breakfast not too good.

access to bech

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

Nothing. So disgusting I cried. Almost slept in my car as all other places booked. Get this off your web site. Did you read all the reviews and you keep it on.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

We have stayed at a variety of places during our travels ranging from very basic economic hostels to luxury hotels. We've seen everything on the travel lodging spectrum. This place is not worth the money. The staff seemed bored apart from older lady at hospitality desk. They did not take the initiative to help us. My boyfriend and I both speak Spanish and the communication from the staff was still brief, short answers. Furniture and sheets were visibly stained and falling a part. There were several foul odors in our room. When we asked to switch rooms the staff was very unaccommodating and pretended they couldn't understand us. There was a great deal of noise from the street. You have to go into the lobby to use the internet. By no means were we expecting a luxurious resort; however, this place did not meet economic standards.

The location was good, right on the beach, close to hotel zone and town center. Pool was nice. Decent shower.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

- This hotel needs immediate general renovation. It is in fatal technical condition although it is clear. Electric outlets pulled out of the wall are a normal there. - There was a window-like hole between a corridor and bathroom in our room. It was covered with glass bars you could easily remove and get to inside the bathroom and the bedroom from the corridor. Basically you could get to the room through that hole having no room key. We didn't feel safe to leave our stuff in the room. Hotel service was unable to do anything about it. - The service doesn't speak English at all or speaks very poor. It is hard to communicate if you don't speak Spanish at all. - They give you a price in dollars, than charge your card in peso using their own crazy exchange rate and then a Visa/MC/AmEx converts back to dolars or your currency so you basically paid twice for currency exchange. It is not fair although I found it quite common in Cancun and in Playa del Carmen

- All inclusive free drinks on the beach - A restaurant where you can have your breakfast and other meals is a big wooden hut placed on the poles in the see. It was quite nice. - Meals were tasty

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

Wifi only works at the pool, really old, not a very good beach, the rooms floor was dirty and there was pile of garbage outside the room for at least 4-5 hours. The shower went cold half way in and did not warm up.

You get less for less at Imperail Las Perlas, Got a cheap room for a night before flying back and they made sure it was the worse experience possible.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2015

Very basic and fairly dilapidated ...cleaning of rooms done as well as could be done but still looked sad and tired

Good value and breakfast location fun out on pier. Fine for 1 night post late arrival at airport

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

No wi fi in the rooms Can't heat water even for tea and coffee. The bed sheet did not fit the king size bed so 1/3 of the bed was bear mattress The cover sheet was also small for the king size bed. The buffet was terrible except for the tacos, salad and dessert.

Location, room size, cleaning service was adequate

• Reviewed: 9 January 2015

There seemed to be favoritism for room placement, luckily i speak spanish and made some jokes so they gave us one of the better rooms. I saw the lady at the front desk deny a dutch girl when she asked if she could make change for $10.00 (pesos) so she could have exact pesos for bus fare... she had the change i am sure.. it wasnt like she was trying to get pesos for foreign currency... very loud music at the bar area ( i am a Dj so music is awesome to me) that to me...should have created a better vibe instead of blaring rap music and then ballads back to back. couldnt even sit at bar because the PA sits on the bar and will make your ears ring. I didnt mind the stairs but someone who has a problem climbing should not book a room here. could try for a ground floor room but they are at the pool and would be very loud and not worth it. overall i say do it if you dont have to stay more than a day or two because its ok for the price for sure!

The location for going into downtown or being on the beach was awesome.. the room was very clean for how old it was, and shower was very hot. The free brakfast was amazing, and restaurant staff rocks!!! The tienda on property is fairly priced and has most things you need!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

staff was not polite. building in bad shape

location is okay

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

Everything it was gross I didn't even stay I just cut my losses. That was disgusting yuck

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

Problems with plumbing in our room

Cleanliness, location

• Reviewed: 26 December 2015

no wifi in the room

the hotel is located right on the beach

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

Clean and on the beach. Good service

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

The food was awful, hotel always had a bad smell, nothing was clean

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

FOOD TOO SPICY

STAFF AND WIFI, SEASIDE, BEACH, SUNBEDS AND DRINKS. WELL DONE TO ALL STAFF. THEY DO GREAT JOBS

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

I didn't like that I did not have towels after my shower and had to ask for them.

I liked the pool. The bar service was expensive.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Hotel antigo

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

Noisy.

Food, sea, swimming pool, bar with snacks. Location.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

the wifi only in the reception, the food didn't look good.

the outside area very relax, the staff is helpful

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

No dislikes

As a solo gringo traveller had no severe communication issues with Spanish speaking staff.will definite be back.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Food is boring.

I loved the staff! You get your alcohol if u remember to tip

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

wifi was bad

• Reviewed: 8 March 2015

Dirt place (bathroom), room smelling bad (moldy) and terrible bed!

Staff and location

• Reviewed: 7 March 2015

The food

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

food and cant sleep at nite for nouse

dont like

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

only the internet

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Imperial Las Perlas traveller photo gallery