Reviews of Beach House Maya Caribe by Faranda Hotels 3 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan Km 6, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#147 of 161 hotels in Cancún

The staff is beyond exceptional!
    • Standard Room

The rooms were not anything extraordinary. It rained a couple days we were here and the water leaked through the door, leaving hide puddles on our room. The size of the rooms are great but the amenities are mediocre.

The staff is beyond exceptional! They were very friendly, accommodating and genuine. Loved the food choices, and the beach is just feet away. Enjoyed my experience here!

Not what I expected.
    • Standard Room

Food poisoning, buffet food cold, waiters only asked me for my drink 4 out of 11 visits to the restaurants.Bed was hard made my back hurt. Four times had to call to get my AC fixed, not once did they offer to change my room or offer a discount, they never followed up. Also housekeeping comes by at 8 o'clock to try to clean your room.

Bar, Sushi and Location

Pretty awful and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, ever!
    • Standard Room

No towels available at check in, an "up graded" room with no walkway which means when it rained we had to walk through dirt and wet grass. The tiny room and bathroom, no clear tv channels. And the kicker at the end no one gave us an exit slip so when our ride showed up late to take us to the airport I had to run back to the lobby from the street to get the slip to be allowed off the property; we waited 4 hours in the lobby before leaving, someone could have mentioned that detail.

Javier was great at Cielito restaurant... that's about it.

only the food was more than expected.
    • Standard Room

I wa waiting for very long time to check-in @ the lobby even other peple could check-in before check-in time. it was so nice parkin lot view from the room instead of beach. I could not open room curtain because everyone can see inside from car parking. So, I requested to change the room. it was down grade (2 beds large room to very small room), but price was same..... フロントの対応が、よくなかったです。

only the food was more than expected.

The hotel got a “European cheap” buffet restaurant, for...
    • Standard Room

We had booked another hotel through booking and they put us in “a better one”. The hotel was ok, but since we paid, we were expecting something better. Had we knew it, probably we would have choosed an hostel. The shuttle to the airport was a taxi that they would have called for 100 pesos more than the taxis just outside the hotel would have asked. The beach was small and near to an small harbor so not that good for swimming.

The hotel got a “European cheap” buffet restaurant, for people like us who had not book an all inclusive. The swimming pool was nice.

We were treated with respect, the Staff was friendly and pleasant and the facilities are well kept.
    • Standard Room

It was difficult to locate as we were looking for Maya Beach House we hire a taxi as a guide. The actual name is Dos Olas.

We enjoy the food at Iguanas Restaurant Victor is a star waiter in service. Overall the Staff made our stay pleasant and customer service was best. We recommend this hotel it is comfortable and affordable

Awesome
    • Standard Room

I knew about the photographer and some activities too late.

I went for my honeymoon and they move us to Dos Playas, it is perfect, the environment, the staff, they have a professional photographer for sessions, it has 3 restaurants and multiple activities and near is located the Isla mujeres port and some tour agencies.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

A little gem of a resort among the hotel high risers.
    • Standard Room

I only wanted 1 bed but got 2 beds, the shower never got hot, just a little warm, the wifi was really bad, had a hard time find a place to get connection even in the lobby. When I did get wifi, I got disconnected all the time.

The housekeeper was amazing, so thoughtful and kind, and remembered my name. I think her name was Olivia. She put a lot of effort into cleaning and leaving decorative towels, so cute!! The waiter at the restaurant was really good. He made an effort to get to know you, always saved you a spot, called out your name when you arrived, very happy and very good at his job!! His name was Mauricio, he's great!! This was exactly what I needed for a vacation!!!

The staff, the pools, the location
    • Standard Triple Room

No shuttle from the airport, the food, a bit old fashioned

The staff, the pools, the location

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Worst hotel ever do not go there
    • Standard Room

No wifi beach near the ferry personnel awful

Nothing worst hotel ever

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Never again
    • Standard Room

Low quality alcohol No hot water for almost two days Dirty rooms

The staff was nice

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

The breakfast was great.

The rooms are really big.. BUT when I came to the bathroom, there was a handful of hair in the bathroom, no toilet paper and no towels. And there was this strange smell, can't describe what it was. I have to say, when I got to the reception and told em how my room was, they sent a housekeeper and fixed it. Which was really good, but anyway I‘m expecting this after they messed up!!!

The breakfast was great. You're gonna have a lot to choose!! The staff is veeeery friendly. At least two things, I really liked whilst staying at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

The place was clean, the front desk was very neat and...

The front desk was unable to find my reservation when I arrived, it took a while for them to find me. When they did, I was escorted to my room. The room did have a balcony, which was facing the back of the hotel, so that wasn't nice. Also, my door didn't lock, and the place looked like it needed maintenance. Plus, it was about 30 mins walking from the center of all the fun.

The place was clean, the front desk was very neat and sophisticated. The staff was phenomenal!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

The staff did their best to make a bad experience better.

The hotel is nothing as advertised. I believe it is under renovation you actually check in at Dos Playas which is next door. Then walk over to Celuisma. At check in their system said my card did not go through and they continued to try with each try it held my funds. The doors don't lock well, the air conditioning was broken, it is old and run down. We looked at 3 rooms all in the same condition. The on site restaurant is only open during certain hours and the pool side snack bar was dirty lots of flies on food they were preparing. Total disappointment, do not stay here!

The staff did their best to make a bad experience better. They moved us to Dos Playas next door which was a huge improvement.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

The bed and the room staff .

No hot water for three days , no English channels either . No computer for guests to use on the reception area

The bed and the room staff .

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.