Reviews of Mision Concá 3 stars

Carretera Jalpan-Río Verde KM. 32, 76410 Conca, Mexico

5.1

This place in a gem

-There is no wi fi signal in the rooms. -The food is not that good.

This place is amazing, we were upgraded to the king size beds and had amazing exprience. If you can skip sleeping in jalpan and just spend the night here do it. This place is just beatifull and romantic.

Great stay, beautiful location, kids happy

I had a steak at the restaurant, which was a bit overcooked, but they solved the issue by not charging part of the bill. The management of this chain of ' Mision' hotels could provide a better training to this location in my opinion, and not just rely on the 'authenticity' of personell wearing monk clothes and calling you 'brother' or 'sister' or an 500 year old tree. Some of the older rooms might need some work in the bathrooms and families with kids need some extra towels.

The team at Conca is a group of enthousiast locals that do their best to make your stay a good one. The location is very good, but bring some sun protection as the pool has no shade and the sun at Conca is pretty fierce! If you come in the week, you might have the place pretty much to yourself. Check out the little spring that feeds the temascal.

Relaxation and nature to uplift your spirits !

They could not process my payment in the hotel so they had to do it over the phone with Mision Jalpan hotel.

Wonderful gardens, theme park orientation but most of all the spring waters and river flowing within the property :)

The atmosphere in the mission was reminiscent of earlier...

The restaurant was not the same as the hotel. Tables not clean and the food did not look good, so we did not dare to dine there.

The atmosphere in the mission was reminiscent of earlier times. Very authentic. The pool was lovely and very welcome. The rooms were clean, but dated. Linen was fine, the pool towels were clean and tidy. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I will go back some other time for sure.

The internet is not reliable. Perhaps is better that way, as part of the magic is to get rid of the technology and enjoy other things.

The friendly staff, the details. It was my wife birthday and they sent a complimentary cake during breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Relaxed stay in natural, quiet surroundings.

The food options were limited in the Refectorio(restaurant). I was there just after New Year so I guess maybe they wound down after the peak period, but it was pot luck whether there was a buffet breakfast or dinner on offer. Desserts were also limited, my last night the only option was tinned apricot. After my first night I was told I needed to change room because they were going to do maintenance. The other room options were not as nice as my original room and it did sour the experience a little. But on my 4th day I asked if the maintenance was finished and was able to get my original room back. They knew I was unhappy with the change, but if I hadn't have asked I don't think they would have moved me back. Apart from those 2 things the staff and hotel were really good.

The location was great for me. The Sierra Gorda is a massive area, so anywhere is a bit of a drive, but I was prepared for that. The staff were friendly, my original room was comfy and perfect for what I wanted from my trip. I made full use of the temezcal (Mexican sauna) and massage on site and had a relaxing week in nature.

Good localisation with green space around hotel, big...

Good localisation with green space around hotel, big swimming pool, big room with very big bed

Loved the feeling of the hotel, excellent facilities, great...

Loved the feeling of the hotel, excellent facilities, great restaurant

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

very pleasant

Everything was just right breakfast was great and staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Beautiful sorrounding and very friendly and helpful staff...

Got sick from the breakfast buffet. Some of the food was bad

Beautiful sorrounding and very friendly and helpful staff who can help organise trips into the Sierra

• Reviewed: 9 February 2015

The hotel was pleasant and well-located.

The room was a little worn. There was no chair, and I had to use the luggage bench to sit on.

The hotel was pleasant and well-located. Food was good and reasonably priced. Grounds were beautiful, and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Spectacular environment, very friendly service, great pool,...

The internet connection could be better.

Spectacular environment, very friendly service, great pool, beautiful gardens.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mision Concá traveller photo gallery