Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport 4 stars

Blvd Luis Donaldo Colosio Km 12.5, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#62 of 161 hotels in Cancún

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Nothing that I can think of.

Facility was up to the usual high standard expected of a Marriott property. I was an overnight stopover with a flight to catch the next morning so the location was ideal and the pick up from and drop off to the airport was efficient .

• King Room with Airport Transfer

I only stayed here for a few hours in the evening as I was catching an early flight the next morning! The hotel was nice and clean and the room was big and comfortable.. I noticed a nice pool from my room which I didn't get to use unfortunately.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Broken toilet, shuttle took 45 min, hot tub wasn’t hot whatsoever, my food wasn’t cooked in room service and had to wait and eat alone after waiting, coffee wasn’t included in entrance way...not a good value for the money,

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Too short a stay to comment.

I stayed for only one night with an early morning flight to follow. Could not really check out the facilities. Room facilities were very good, and location very convenient for the airport with a shuttle service as well.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Room had a view of the parking lot with bright lights on all night.

The complimentary shuttle to and from the airport was easily accessible (runs every half hour). Stayed here to catch a super early flight at Cancun airport, and it was perfect for that purpose. The inner courtyard with it's hammocks and many happy birds chirping was also lovely.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Pillows were very uncomfortable and the smoke detector flashed a bright green light all night over my bed, keeping me awake when I had to be up at 430am to catch a flight. Hallways smelled musty but it is from the humidity outside. Slow service at the restaurant & my food was never hot (soup and pasta dish) came out barely lukewarm. Food came before drinks.

Quiet location, close to the airport and beautiful courtyard. Quick easy and friendly check in. Free shuttle to airport that runs every 30 mins. Great pool/hottub area.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

It was introduced on Bookings at $114, said nothing about plus tax.

Pool area, dinner & breakfast, waiters very professional & happy. Shuttle driver, great personality.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Had to pay 50 pesos each for Nespresso in the lobby.

Very friendly, clean and comfortable. Pool looked lovely,although we didn't use it. Arrived late and enjoyed the extensive, fairly-priced room service menu before an early morning flight out. Free airport shuttle ran every half hour.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Restaurant employees treated me very discourteously.

The hotel is magnificent, with a pool, decoration, spacious and clean rooms… And the free airport shuttle was the decisive element.

Had a reservation through Booking.com, when we arrived at the hotel, they told us, to cancel the reservation we had made through Booking.com and to rebook through the hotel, and that there was not going to be a fee, since they were not able to find the reservation in their system, I was charged twice. And Booking.com is telling me that there will be a fee, now I have to move heaven and earth to get my money back. At dinner at the hotel we found other customers leftovers in our basket of chips Totally unacceptable.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

When we had difficulty finding the location of the rental car office to return our vehicle there was no map available at the front desk to assist us.

It was near the airport with shuttle service that was prompt and convenient. The restaurant had a decent menu and the personnel were informative and polite. The room was clean and well organized.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

No bath towels, room service then supplied two bath mats to use and despite two further requests insisted they were the largest towels available. Went down to reception later on way to breakfast and they arranged two proper bath towels when we showed them the bath mats.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The staff weren’t particularly attentive. We had to ask several times for some towels for the pool area, and the check-in and -out process wasn’t memorable.

The bed was comfy, and the pool area is nice to relax in before a long flight.

Nothing to complain about

Great option to spend a night close to the airport. Excellent value for money. The transportation to the airport is helpful and operates 24h.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The hallways were filthy and looked like they hasn't been vacuumed in weeks. We were initially treated rudely by staff and were asked to move our rental car out of the unloading/loading area as we were unloading and checking in. To add to further insult they very clearly directed us to park in the apparent employee parking area and after checking in we had to move the car again! It was bizarre and the only reason we could figure is because my wife and I look young so maybe they didn't take us seriously. Either way it didn't feel great.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

It's a bit dull and drab everywhere, partly due to the location, but a fine place to stay while waiting for a flight.

Very useful position for the airport. Delicious and generous breakfast. Restaurant for dinner was not bad at all and not over-priced. Generally very nice staff. The shuttle to and from the airport is great!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

We stayed overnight, after a long flight, using the hotel's free shuttle service to get to and from the airport. Check in was efficient. The hotel garden and pool area were a tonic for weary travellers. There were lots of trees and flowering shrubs and the air was filled with birdsong. The room was spacious and clean. We ate at the hotel in the evening and found the food to be good and plentiful. The breakfast buffet had plenty of choice too, the freshly made omelettes being the best feature.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The rate quoted online was different than the amount when charged at the hotel in their local currency equivalent to U.S. dollars. This was misleading.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Entrance was somewhat hard to see from the highway. We arrived after dark and our out of town taxi driver drove past it twice.

Very convenient to airport. Shuttle took perhaps five minutes. Only spent overnight there for early flight the next day. Shuttle ran every half hour to airport. Staff was professional and courteous in all interactions. Room service in late evening was prompt and food was well-prepared. Excellent shower.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Stuff was not so helpful during check-in. Bath in bathroom was not really clean. VAT was not included and we paid a lot to much even with last minute discount. It was not worth it.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

They only accept pesos, so they take your credit card for additional purchases, restaurant or whatever. So we ate at restaurant for $25 dollars and left a $3 dollar tip. Checked out that morning and went over my bill. It was $51 dollars. Last time I checked 25 & 3 is 28. They located my bill and thank goodness I wrote it plain as day, 3 dollar tip. They charged me $23 dollars tip. Front desk did fix it, as clearly their mistake, hopefully it will be correct when I get my statement in the mail. Would like to know how often that happens without people checking, because something is not right here.

Close to the airport, but bed is to soft.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

We were assigned a room that was already taken. This resulted in a very awkward confrontation when we entered another persons room at 1am in the morning.

Great hotel close to the airport. 24 shuttle service is excellent.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Given the short stays we had (one night) everything was very good. We were allowed to check out late and the staff were helpful and pleasant, but this is an airport hotel so we wouldn't have wanted a whole holiday there. But what's not to like.

The beds were incredibly comfortable. The pool was large and pleasant. The restaurant was fine and I had one of the best Mojitos of our holiday in your bar.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The rooms weren't quite as nice as the lobby, restaurant, and pool area. They were clean but the air conditioner was difficult to control. Room was too cold so we turned it off and slept in a stuffy room.

Staff were very helpful. The pool area was excellent--so relaxing and a great introduction to the tropical warmth for an Illinois woman. Food was good. Location was great, so close to the airport and their shuttle service was excellent.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

One person at check in and check out. No complimentary coffee. Hallway and rugs in hall were dirty and stained. Charge 55 pesos for nespresso machine in lobby. Had to wait in check in line to get a cup and pay. Was not inexpensive and like most courtyards in the states breakfast in not inclusive, nor is coffee.

Close to airport, free shuttle. We were there for one night prior to going to tulum. Bed was comfortable, sheets clean, staff friendly

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The staff need more training in following up on things, like lost property and the shuttle service is convenient ONLY if you have a phone with calling capabilities. Even though I emailed the hotel to let them my flight number when I got to the airport they weren't there. The instructions were to CALL the hotel on arrival - not much help when you have just arrived in Mexico and have no SIM card or calling capabilities. Plus there is no free WIFI in the airport. After waiting a long time I had to pay a guy 20 pesos to use his phone. No big deal but a little annoying after a long day of travel, considering I'd advised of my arrival. Hotel reception is OK, there are a few really capable staff members and some who really require more training on communication and follow up. There is one stand out guy and that's Israel one of the bell boys, he was the most helpful to me on my stay.

It was close to the airport and the bed and linen are good quality.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

My bed was a little squeaky and the room smelled a bit of smoke, the walls are also paper thin so you can hear others rather easily (which wasn’t a problem for me as a heavy sleeper).

The salmon I had was delicious and the staff was very kind. The location is really ideal if your flight gets in late at night or if you have an early flight the next day.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The outside dining area looks out over a beautiful garden with lots of birds. This is a perfect place to stay when arriving or departing from Cancun airport.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The shower was a tad too low pressure.

Perfect for a night close to the airport, breakfast buffet has a large selection and the rooms have everything you need. The free Airport shuttle was also handy.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The room was freezing cold, and the staff explained that due the settings on their system, there was no way to make it warm. They did offer me two extra blankets.

The staff were helpful and spoke good English. I needed a one night hotel when arriving in Mexico, and this was close to the airport.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Request sent via booking.com for how find the shuttle to the hotel arrived after I had left my former hotelr - requested a room as far away as poss' from lifts, was initially given a room right next to lifts - requested ann early breakbfast which did't arr

Chose because close to airport - and it is! Staff were all very helpful

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Hallway to our room required cleaning-carpet was littered-looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for days. There was a similar lack of clean floors in our room. The check in was slow, other guests ahead of us we understand, but the length of time it took for clerks to process was far too long. In the restaurant our waiter immediately came to our table and took our order, but when another table of Mexican patrons came in our waiter essentially ignored us and forgot our 2nd drink order. We had to enlist the help of other waiters who were great. Pizza we ordered was mediocre. Breakfast the next morning was much better-food was good and staff were excellent. Wish I could say we were impressed, but overall have had far better experience at far less costly hotels.

Decent facility close to airport.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

It is not near the ocean, and really is best for someone who needs to be close to the airport. That was why I booked it, and it was very comfortble. The wifi is not great, and TV is difficult unless you speak Spanish.

The breakfast buffet was very good, and the property was cleaned impeccably. Each day as we had breakfast there were people cleaning the glass all around the pool area, and also raking/pruning trees and really taking a lot of pride in the grounds, which are beautiful. We enjoyed the birds and different plants, hwich they label nicely so you can learn the different types of trees/ground covers.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The breakfast used to be one of our fabeorite parts of this hotel. But it was really bad this time it is expensive and we were there right at 6 sharp when the buffet opens and everything from coffee to food was hard and ice cold it was almost inedible.

Bed was comfy and they took out carpet from rooms and put in tile floor which is way better because the carpet made the rooms smell for many years. We always use this hotel as a pit stop before home and it works well for that.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Unfortunate very loud party of all women dominating hot tub. Uncomfortable, impolite conversation which was unfortunate but certainly not the fault of the property. Room service less than adequate. Food lukewarm and arrived with ordered glass of wine spilled into salad-no offer to replace. Also, menu listed mozzarella on salad but it was prepared with feta (yuck). Recomend dining on the patio and not in room.

Rooms very nice and clean. Beautiful garden, patio and pool area. Close to airport and free shuttle. Great stopover on the way back from Isla Mujeres before early am flight.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Room was large, as was the bathroom. The pool area was very nice, and the pool was large - very cool, though! Food at the restaurant was delicious, and service was good. Great place to stay, especially if you have an early flight and need to be near the airport.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

We waited for an hour for transport bus to pick us up from airport a little long after a long journey Also when asked to take us to terminal three on return to airport we were told to get off at terminal two where we were bombarded with Taxi guys who were very persistent we just wanted the ADO bus as we had done on previous visits from terminal three .we did find a way and stood our ground but was frustrating!

Hotel clean staff friendly room spacious food as expected location good transfer to airport

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Good enough for a connecting flight. Not really a tourist location. Also you need Mexican Pesos to pay in the restaurant. USD are not accepted, which is quite inconvinient because you can pay with USD in the whole city. You need to exchange Pesos to Dollars in the reception and provide your passport. Rooms would do with a refresh.

Professional staff, very decent restaurant and close proximity to the airport. Hotel looks quite tidy and provides good standard of service.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Rooms need updating but it was obvious that this update has already started as several rooms had decorators in on the floor that our room was on

Comfortable Bed Swimming pool Good breakfast Easy access to the airport Free shuttle to and from airport

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Food was too americanized. When you are in this hotel you feel more in the US than in Mexico.

Super-convenient for the airport. A shuttle runs every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day, & takes just 7 or 8 minutes to get to the terminals.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The rather soulless dining area

Clean, comfortable, with the most charming staff we've ever encountered at a chain hotel. Above expectations for both Marriott and airpirt hotels. Very good value.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Hot tub was only warm so we didn't even sit in it. Since we were only in town for one day on a lay over we didn't have much time to do anything and asked the staff to get us a taxi to take us somewhere for just a couple hours. They did recommend a good place but it was a 30 minute cab ride away so we could only stay for a little over an hour so we could get back to the hotel and get ready for our flight and most of the mall they sent us to was under construction. Some place closer and may have been a better option for our situation rather than paying $44 round trip for a taxi to have a fast lunch and then rush back to the hotel where we could have just ate there for half the price and not been rushed. If we had more time it would have been a great place.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

I think they could modernise the dining room, although the outdoor seating area was very pretty.

Super comfortable beds, great breakfast, friendly clean and efficient. Room was a good size and the restaurant provided good food. It was a haven after the place we were in before.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

waited for a long time to get the shuttle to hotel, and then an even longer time (more than 30 min) to wait for the taxi the staff called for me when I needed to go out. Staff is not very helpful, and the canteen staff didn't bother to remind me when I mistakenly ordered two main courses for myself.

convenient for stay over and leave the next day. Free shuttle from and to airport is certainly a plus. The swimming pool is nice.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

It was a short visit. Didn't get to use the pool and the weather was cool that day.

The room was clean.Bed comfortable,Food was good. Friendly staff.Love having the Airport so close and a plus to have free shuttle service.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Don't use så much of the chemicals when cleaning. I thought I'd get an asthma attack-and I don't even have asthma.

The transfer and the pool: very nice! Nice with a garden too!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Facilities are quite old, and could benefit from maintenance. The shower in our room required a plumber to come and switch our bath tub to shower. It was done quite quickly, but shouldn't have been necessary. The price was also too steep for the overall quality of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was really good, both in terms of quality & selection. The room was quite spacious and practical. The pool, although a little small, was also appreciated by my family.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Door to the room was cheap and didn't fit well. You could hear everything said in the lobby both late at night and early in the morning. In addition, the sheets especially were cheap, and there were no blankets.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The restaurant food wasn't great and it felt like we waited for every step in the meal a really long time. Worse than every other place we ate in Mexico.

The shuttle worked great for an extra early flight. The pool was nice.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

This is an airport hotel. We phoned the hotel twice to ask for transfer. Had to wait about 25 min (taxi asks 28 dollars till hotel). Hotel is super old and ugly. It is on quite long distance from the airport. Quite expensive, does not worth staying.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

When calling from inside or outside the hotel, the staff answering the phone does not understand or speak English very well. My room was not the type I was offered and selected.

restaurant staff was very nice and accommodating. Food was good.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Breakfast was well worth the extra $. It was a full course meal. The shuttle to the airport runs on time every half hour and made an easy commute. The grounds looked like a park. The hotel was clean and upscale.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The shuttle runs 24 hours a day. When you get to the airport go outside to the island and wait at 26 for the shuttle. If needed there is a local expert at a little both on the island that can call the hotel for the shuttle, so keep the number handy.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

There is nothing around here. So prepare for a stay in the hotel. My room at ground floor smelled a bit mouldy. Receptionist also smelled this and confirmed it smelled ‘wet’ and offered me another room at ground floor that smelled the same or perfume. Didn’t solve the problem but didn’t want to make a huge problem of it. Besides that fine hotel but for this reason a bit overpriced.

Convenient airport shuttle. Fine restaurant. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

I think the bedspread or carpet or something could have been a little cleaner. I just remember thinking 3 star not 4. I was disappointed with the baked goods at breakfast...whatever fat (shortening? Oil? Margarine?) was used...it tasted "off". Omelettes and waffles were the best part. No juice with breakfast? Coffee was great.

A little pricey but I guess it is Cancun. Drink was pricey but very strong...maybe too strong. Loved the hot tub. Loved the papayas and bananas growing by the pool/hot tub. Nice clean free towels for pool. All the workers were very polite/friendly/hard working. Loved the birds.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

the worse room of the entire hotel was given to us .. we had asked for a room giving to the back so it would be quiet, but had a flat roof in front of our window with huge airconditions working nonstop and very noisy; We left the room at 11 am next morning to go shopping and when we got back at 4 pm it was still not made and the tray from the night before from room service was still there - what a nice smell! Room service by tel does not work, we had to go down to reception each time; you need to wait at least 30 min to get a beer .. food even longer ..

the breakfast buffet was very nice, restaurant staff was very kind

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

We uses the shuttle bus. We did not have problems but think there is roon for improvement from the hotel to arrange it. I firstly emailed the hotel through booking to let them know the time and flight number. I didnt get a confirmation back. On arrival to the airport, one of the taxi drivers waiting at arrivals lend me his mobile to call the hotel and ask for the shuttle. The staff I talked to said that normally the shuttle is arranged once guests ring the hotel on arrival to the airport. I think Marriott Courtyard could improve this service. International guests dont usually have a mobile to ring them without a huge charge, the hotel can be notified via booking app of the flight number and time if arrival, and I imagine there is a website for Cancun airport where flights status can be checked.

It is very close to the airport and hence logistically very conveniebt. It has a great terraza and garden next to reception very nice to have breakfast/ lunch /dinner there rather than indoors. The room had everything you need

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

After eating dinner, I fell very sick due to obvious food poisoning! It seems to me, the Salmon Salad served in the restaurant was not carefully enough prepared. I ended up with terrible diarrhea and vomiting all night long... - it was a pure nightmare!

I had a nice room with 2 separate beds on floor 4 with pleasant pool-view!

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Great service from all the staff but the restaurant was a little pricy and you don't have an alternative given the location.

Fantastic spot to hold up the day before a flight. Free airport transfers run every 30mins. Super comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

To get from the airport to the hotel one has to call the shuttle, so make sure that your cellular phone is working in México. I am not sure why they organize it like that since the shuttle is leaving the hotel to the airport every 30 minutes anyways.

Hotel is located close to the airport and is quiet

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

If you are arriving to Cancun very late or departing very early in the morning, LOCATION is perfect. They are 10 min away from the airport with a 24h transfer service. This is the second time I stay with them due to my itinerary and it was perfect. Staff are nice and professional. They recommended a car rental company that provided a good rate, were on time and were very polite. If you have time, make use of the pool and hammocks. Breakfast buffet was good, with fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs, etc.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Food choices at the restaurant should be more varied.

A great hotel for a night near the airport. The hotel is clean, quiet and has nice gardens. The staff is helpful and friendly

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Terrible shower, cooling that made the room like ice even after it was on 'heat', no extra blankets. Not much around in terms of restaurants.

The people were nice, the facility was clean, the shuttle was relatively prompt. Fairly close to airport.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Service was a bit slow in the restaurant, but they were pretty busy. The smoke detector in our room had a blinking night all night.

Bed was comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The Hotel is ok, but the rooms are frozen when you get in, as it always happens with American Hotels. We needed almost one hour with the window open and air conditioning off to get to comfort temperature.

Location is perfect when you have to catch an early flight. 3 minutes from the Airport!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Free shuttle to and from airport made it easy to get to. Nothing around hotel within walking distance however could probably take advantage of free shuttle to beach club if you had the whole day at the hotel. Great spot for early flight departures. Clean, good service, good hotel food and beautiful pool and gardens.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

This hotel, for the price, exceeded our expectations by far. The beautiful grounds and pool were totally unexpected for an "airport hotel". Free airport shuttle was a plus! Wifi worked great.

• King Room with Airport Transfer

The bed, to soft. Gotta have support for the back. Good for a night but would not want to stay for a week.

Dinner was incredible. Very nice grounds, loved it.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The bed a bit tight for 2 adults and a bit hard mattress.

Delicious local food in the restaurant, we loved Pozole Thursdays and the WE brunch. Great swimming pool for the family. Excellent service. Hotel shuttle to/fro airport

• King Room with Airport Transfer

This time around it was a little bit noisy I was't sure if there was construction going on but yeah it was noisy on my last stay

Love staying at the this hotel because it's close to the airport, the facilities are very clean, it's peaceful and comfortable all across the board I love this hotel

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

The jets/bubbles on the jacuzzi were not working. We let the staff know, but they were unable to help.

We booked this specific hotel for the airport shuttle (to and from the hotel) and it works like a charm. You land at the airport, call them and in 10 mins the free shuttle is there to pick you up; or arrange it at the receptions for your departure. Rooms are spacious, with a huge bed amongst the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Everything is really clean, especially the bathroom. Has a nice pool and a jacuzzi too!

• King Room with Airport Transfer

That you need to call them to arrange pick up from the airport, not everybody has access to roaming calls...

Very close to the airport, ideal for an overnight when having an early flight next day

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Buffet the evening I was there was not very good! Additionally I was traveling alone and feel like I was totally ignored at the restaurant/buffet, that escalated into something unpleasant, eventually taken care of but in my opinion they just don't like single women traveling alone! Could be because the concept is that we don't tip well, however I normally do over tip if the service is good! Probably would not go back! Also air conditioning although working well was very noisy.

Very close to the airport and shuttle service is excellent!

• King Room with Airport Transfer

Lunch salad of salmon, avocado, pineapple had no flavor and was served with packaged soda crackers, not greens. Service was infrequent.

Cotton sheets, comfy pillow, easy access to Wifi, water bottles and upscale toiletries in bathroom, free timely and frequent shuttle run to airport.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds and Airport Transfer

Restaurant is overpriced and not that good.

Good if you need a place by the airport, really busy so the service is slow sometimes. The restaurant is not that good and over priced.

Browse Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport traveller photo gallery