Reviews of Hotel Elcano 4 stars

Avenida Costera Miguel Aleman 75 Frac Club Deportivo, Costera Acapulco, 39690 Acapulco, Mexico

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The Elcano offered me me a very relaxing vacation.

No comment!

I really like the Elcano and always stay here when I am in Acapulco. I love that the hotel is on the beach, and all the rooms have an ocean view. The hotel is very clean, and the staff is constantly working to keep it that way. The swimming pool is beautiful and perfect for children and adults. The Elcano is a beautiful hotel!

Excellent hotel for the right price
    • Standard Room

The Hotel exceeded our expectations. I went with my best friend and stayed on the 8th floor. The view was breath taking and just hearing the sounds of the ocean below. Friendly staff.

Affordable luxury in Acapulco Paradise
    • Standard Room

And old hotel that kept a tradition of quality, Great value for money, amazing views, clean, food is very good and tasty, private beach with palm huts and comfortable chairs with drinks and food service, ask for “Cilios” & “Croquetas” , the best beach at the bay, free parking, staff is very nice. In few words you will have a tropical sunny luxury experience at budget price

My family and I stayed for three nights and we had the best...
    • Studio

The pool close too early , 8pm, why not 9?

My family and I stayed for three nights and we had the best time ever, my cousin loved the pool and the beach, waves were little dangerous due to the storm around. We liked the beds and room , very comfortable, great view to the beach and surroundings. Food was good, expensive as all other Hotel restaurants, If i go back to Acapulco I will certainly stay again.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

First class, memorable hotel with best view of Aca bay
    • Standard Room

Cannot think of anything negative.

Wonderful view of Acapulco bay from good size balcony and sound of waves hitting shore. Great at sunset. Lobby , hallways , room are all very nicely tiled and spotless.. Every room faces the sea. Pool was very nice...not crowded and loved it when the sun was going down. Whole hotel very clean. This is a very special hotel in Acapulco with a great reputation, quiet and not rowdy like some of its neighbours.

Great view of Acapulco bay from room's window.
    • Studio

Outdoor pool opens at 9 a.m., I would've loved to use it earlier in the morning.

Great view of Acapulco bay from room's window. Staff fluent in English. Spacious room. Strong WiFi.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Very nice hotel with fabulous views
    • Standard Room

Oh dear! the bed mattresses were very hard. The WiFi was often Fair. Nice pool but it is made for kids, so don't expect to do laps. When the hotel is full, it's almost impossible to get a shaded area on the beach after lunch.

One of the first hotel built on that stretch of beach, it has been renovated a while ago but will need some updating. With its 9 floors, it's "small" compared to the other buildings around. Very cosy, large rooms with great spacious balcony. Good A/C and separate ceiling fan. Large closet with lots of clothes hangers. ALL the rooms are on the ocean side, so fabulous views especially of sunsets. Flat screen TV, multiple channels (even CNN in English). A restaurant and a bar are on the premises.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Studio

They gave us a room that was occupied and wwe needed to go down to reception so they could change it. It needs urgent remodelling and some shade in the pool.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great views, Great people, Great location
    • Standard Room

Cost 300 pesos to have the bar fridge opened in our room. Thought that could have been complimentary.

Fantastic location. Every room has a prime view of the pool, beach and the bay.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Best Hotel to stay while in Acapulco.
    • Studio

The bed was very comfy, the staff was very friendly, excellent location, all rooms are facing the ocean, I will definitely come back in the near future.

Everything was very good, staff very nice and food at...
    • Standard Room

Everything was very good, staff very nice and food at restaurant (breakfast) excellent.

Clean, comfortable.

Clean, comfortable.

Excelente

La playa

Rooms were clean, the pool was awesome
    • Studio

I liked it , it's a good place with a good rate

Rooms were clean, the pool was awesome

Really nothing

Very clean. Close to the beach. Staff friendly and helpful. Food very good. All rooms with sea view.

• Studio

no internet very bad signal

Excellent! Highly Recommended
    • Studio

The room views were fantastic! Lovely part of the beach. Felt very comfortable and safe.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great hotel in Acapulco
    • Standard Room

Accomodating staff, clean property and practical amenities

A classic Acapulco with a nice view

Needs renovations

Excellent Value for the money

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Good

Beautiful view.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Stunning views from the window.
    • Studio

On the beach there is no free sunbeds, the hotel offers only not comfortable plastic chairs.

Stunning views from the window.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

All rooms with see view

Wifi connection very bad

All rooms with see view

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Amazing beach-side stay in Acapulco!
    • Standard Room

I loved my stay here. I came with a friend and we truly enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

excellent option!

excellent option!

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

After spent few weeks at different locations in Mexico I...

WiFi internet connection didn't work at all for computers on the 4th floor. My reservation was cancelled during my stay at the property. I was really sad, I would say.

After spent few weeks at different locations in Mexico I continued my journey to Acapulco. I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked in. The lobby was furnished with everything I kept in mind, except the piano, and I felt a sentimental value when entered the room. Moreover, I was moved by a charming feeling when I walked down the stairs and watched out the ocean horizon and sunset. In comparison with other hotels the inward atmosphere is really calm and romantic, I would say! The night bar at the beach and the pool area is a great opportunity for hotel guests to join the unique atmosphere. According to my travel experience and a cordial reception in all aspects, I believe my stay here was the best moment I ever could find in the heart of Acapulco. I am definitely pleased with my stay, just imagine I could travel and meet Mexicans and travelers in a beautiful town as Acapulco! I appreciate the staff too! However. I can recommend this hotel from my heart. I really do :) A very much-appreciated stay in Acapulco, I would say. Actually, it was very easy to use public transit and the hotel helped me in several ways to find out a pleasant living! I can't stop remind myself about the wonderful past during my stay. Actually, I push myself don't cry but it always ends up in a flood of tears inside me.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

Centerlly located and clean and great view of the bay

Not a very friendly place for non-Spanish speaker. At my last night of stay, the GM/owner of the hotel had a party with live music until at least 1am. Very inconsiderate for everyone else.

Centerlly located and clean and great view of the bay

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

The view is excellent.

Would be nice to able to "introduce" your own drinks to the pool area, the service at the pool was poor, 8 waiters and barman standing around and we waited 20 minutes before walking up to the bar ourselves. I counted, 8.

The view is excellent. Room was clean and comfortable. Anyone visiting the Mexican passport office the location is right around the block. Not far from the Canadian embassy, 4 or 5 blocks.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

General infraestructure

Mary sellers on The beach and swimming pool very short

General infraestructure

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

Lugar, playa alberca

personal, staff

Lugar, playa alberca

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

We saw that there was constant effort to maintain the...

We saw that there was constant effort to maintain the property.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

A great location, within walking distance to pretty much...

The hotel is aging, the floors were stained, and the towels ragged.

A great location, within walking distance to pretty much everything on La Costera.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

The view is amazing

The beach menu lacked a ton of sea food

The view is amazing

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.