Reviews of Emporio Reforma 5 stars

Av Paseo de la Reforma 124 Col. Juarez, 06600 Mexico City, Mexico

#148 of 369 hotels in Mexico City

Enjoyed the stay. Very quiet Hotel. Too bad about the chamber maid.

The room I had was a little small. I would get a larger one if I were to come back. Otherwise every thing was fine.

Very good staff with one exception. I bought two handbags with change purses. Some one stole one of change purses, the room maid I assume. I didn’t notice it missing until I got home. I had given her a 500 peso tip plus treats for the staff coffee and 1000 pesos for the staff. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Shouldn't be listed as 5 star; 3-4 maybe.

Small room with the smallest 'double' bed I've ever slept in. There's a charge attached to all the bottles of water provided in the room and if you're a non-Spanish speaker then you are out of luck with regards to their available TV channels. It certainly doesn't warrant the 5-star label. PS Even less satisfied now; what kind of hotel claims it does room service, advertises the times and then when called 1 hour before the listed end time tells you "no, sorry we're closed"? Barely a 3 star.

A great central location with an attractive external facade and internal foyer; staff are both helpful and friendly. The local area is relatively quiet given that it is located on the Paseo de la Reforma

Very central although not quite a stone's throw from the...

The room was tiny and storage facilities not good. I felt the staff were being helpful for the sake of tips not because they wanted to be

Very central although not quite a stone's throw from the historic centre as it claims!

Exchange rate theft

When we arrived they said that it was 125usd which we offered to pay in dollars which they didnt accept and the exchange currency of the establishment was 20.50 per one dollar we finished paying 150usd due to the exchange and its an absolute rip off never again

The location and bathroom

Covenient location elegant building and safe!

Arrived prior to 3pm so had to wait 1-2 hrs to check in. Then after this a mix up when checking in caused us to have a stressful time as first were told there was no reservation, and subsequently an error when it came to processing payment caused our overseas credit card to be declined twice at the beginning of a 1 month trip causing further worry as this card was a main source of funds for our extensive trip!! (On 3rd attempt when finally we were allowed to input a pin number the card was accepted so all was fine!) The breakfast is not free in the hotel. We were invited and given the times for breakfast so were surprised when we were given a bill as assumed this was included. Felt this could have been better explained initially.

The hotel is very stylish and on the whole well run and very safe and clean with nice cafe and seating area. When our initial worries were alleviated with booking and credit card payment we enjoyed the 3 days and really loved Mexico City. It was also really easy to get to and from the airport.

I enjoyed my stay. It had a few kinks, but nothing mayor or too relevant. I would gladly go back.

The rooms were a bit small, but not tragically so. House keeping wasn´t always perfect, but it as ok nonetheless. Courtesy coffee left with the coffee maker in the room was very bad: so traslucent it looked like tea instead of coffee and it had a very vague coffee flavour. I had problems with the phone in my room. I had to use the speaker to call the front desk because i couldn´t use the phone normally.

Everyone in the hotel was very nice and paying attention to fulfill customers needs.

Nice Hotel in Reforma District
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Not too much negative to report. Air conditioning in the room would not go lower than 20'C which at times was warmer than outside. At times I heard doors in the hallway slam early in the morning and once I heard some noise from above which sounded like furniture being moved at 2-3 am in the morning, that lasted for 30 minutes.

The hotel itself looks like a true 4 Star hotel, but I would rate it overall as a 3.5 Star hotel in Western comparisons. Staff is very friendly and all spoke English. Location of the hotel is ideally situated in the Reforma Business District (approx. $10 USD - 30-60 minute Uber drive from the International Airport) and not too far from the Historic District. Bathroom was large and clean. Room was large and clean - we had a view of a wall! Internet was slow at times but adequate. TV had about 5 channels in English with only CNN English for news. The breakfast selection and quality was very generous, probably the highlight of our stay at Emporio Reforma Hotel. I would stay here again at this price.

small rooms

A charming hotel on the Paseo de la Reforma not far away from the zona Rosa. Apart from the fact that the room was a little too small I have nothing to complain about. Room was clean. WIFI was ok. Staff very friendly.

Friendly and convenient. Good value. Would recommend to friends.

No problems with anything.

Staff extremely helpful and friendly! I needed them to make a reservation for me at local jazz club and they made sure it happened. Location very convenient! Restaurant attached to restaurant offered an excellent breakfast and dinner buffet. Will definitely stay here again.

• Double Room - Two Double Beds

Our first room had no window!! On one wall, was a square glass that was matte, painted white, but from my perspective was just a glass wall. The room was a good size, but felt so weird to wake up and not being able to see outside... at least how's the weather, forget about 'the view'. We asked for another room, and the staff was good in trying - we got it the next day though. The second room, was much smaller but at least had a window that even opened! No view, smaller room and bathroom, but 1 window. Seems that in this hotel, you can't have it all... The price was okay, so probably 'you get what you pay for' rule applies.

Location Nice lobby

Excellent location in downtown Reforma avenue, beautiful Mexico City !!

Telephone in the room did not work. Hallways low ceilings, all a bit dark. hotel rated as a 5 star? not really, but good value for the location !

Great location on Reforma, nice area to walk around and visit - close to the historic center of town, a fine hotel for the money - and not too big. Staff kind and accommodating and helpful. Great margarita in the bar !! the best !! Good breakfast.

Great will be back

You could smell the sewer coming up from the toilet You may need to put that blue ink dedoderiser in the water tank of the toilet

Very friendly professional staff

Good location, breakfast additional charge

Front desk; cold and impersonal All they asked us after staying for 8 days; did we take anything from the mini bar ? Did we drink the extra charge water?? They should be given training in friendliness and customer satisfaction . How was your stay? Would be a nice way to present the bill The doorman actually asked us if all was satisfactory

The staff at the front desk was not very welcoming; not friendly and too business like for a small hotel. The best staff were the doormen and bell hops. They answered all our questions and were very friendly , greeting us every morning with a big buenos días and asking us how our day went when we returned in the evening. Most of them had been at the hotel many years. The front desk were very young and really not very warm and if you asked them a question they seemed annoyed to take the time to answer . We stayed here 2x for a total of 8 days and the reason we returned was because of the dooormen and bell hops. They felt like family to us.

We enjoyed a wonderful ten day stay in this lovely boutique hotel.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Restaurant menu seems to be geared toward local diners. Would have liked to have some North American items to choose from. We had breakfast there almost every morning but had lunch or dinner there only a few times due to the scarcity of appealing choices.

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff in every department. They maintain a fleet of private taxis at the rear door for guests. Very comfortable bed in our room and a very quiet building. Good coffee shop at the front entrance and main dining room one floor up, both very popular with locals. Cosy little bar near restaurant for a quiet drink.

Great, reasonably-priced hotel in Mexico City

Not a thing.

My second stay at this Hotel and it is still a great place to stay in Mexico City. Very nice U.S. style rooms, good size with comfortable beds (which is a rare thing in Mexican hotels at this price). The staff is very friendly and helpful; housekeeping great; good, hot showers, free HBO, very good breakfast buffet. Good location. They can set you up for a driver for a day or half day, which is great if you want to go to the Kahlo museum and Xochimilco. Excellent restaurants within walking distance from hotel. Safe area.

the Staff ,.

Breakfast was not included, I paid for it, Restaurant was closed at 8:10 am on Sunday

the Staff ,. in particular Luis Garcia and Martin Lopez from Reception. Very helpful and friendly

Location, staff, food, cleanliness, etc.

Nothing to dislike about Hotel Emporio.

Location, staff, food, cleanliness, etc. Every little thing was perfect and the staff and their customer service was way above expectations.

Check in is a bureaucratic process.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Check in is a bureaucratic process. If you book through BOOKING you must be extremely careful (a large double room does not mean large for the reception) you must ask for a two double-bed room (which is more expensive). This was very disappointing.

Well located and well run

I don't think this property has a swimming pool, so if that is a deal breaker for you then please note.

Windows have double glazing so you won't have problems with noise from traffic. Ask for a room away from La Reforma (the main road). Bed comfy. Staff friendly. Amazing breakfast spread.

Happy to choose this hotel. I also like the name "Emporio" thank you !
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

The weather was a little too cold, but there is no control of that by the hotel or anyone. I really love the location of this hotel. I have stayed 3 times before at this hotel and one with my mother as she travels with me at times.

The location of the hotel is perfect and all facilities in the guestroom are excellent. Bathroom amenities are very nice and the people at the entrance of the hotel greet you always with a smile and say hello !!

I recommend it but a few improvements would be great!

Room carpet is not very clean. Our feet got dirty from walking barefoot. On weekends breakfast restaurant is filled with outside customers - it' hard to get a table (even being a guest), it gets noisy, buffet items take long to replace and service gets bad.

Well located and with a very friendly and helpful staff. We were traveling with a 9 month old baby. All your needs were taken care immediately. Good baby crib. Staff did extra effort to accommodate our needs, heat baby food, etc.

Fabulous!

Friendly helpful staff. Private tour taxi and guide...Santiago was wonderful, excellent English, knowlegable, careful driver ...made our trip to Mexico city perfect!

Good option

It was a little noisy. And I travelled with a journalist that got a nock on his door at 2.30 a.m. one of the nights. We presented the complain to the hotel.

The hotel looks old but in general it was good. The staff great service made the difference. The buffet breakfast and lunch was very good. It was a good choice - value for money.

Staff was consistently polite, accommodating and helpful.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Hotel was a bit dated...we had difficulty with safe, bathtub draining, elevators ran extremely slow. Also, accessing a taxi on a timely basis was challenging.

Staff was consistently polite, accommodating and helpful.

Front desk staff was rude, and provided poor customer...
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Front desk staff was rude, and provided poor customer service. Also they were roaches in the room. They also told us we had free breakfast but then charge us forot.

Wont plan on staying on this hotel again

Service people at the counter were rude. I have stayed at many hotels in Mexico city, and this is the first time the service people had bad customer service.

Fantastic experience!

Absolutely in love with this Hotel, EaCh staff member was helpful,attentive, friendly, overall they all were AMAZING since our arrival until the end of our stay . Clean and comfortable rooms, restaurant food DELISH!!! Very attentive people! Totally recommend this place. We can't wait to go back!

BEWARE Bookingers... read my comments

The room was so small that I could hardly walk inside. Noise corridor, I stayed during weekend, apparently this hotel is "famous" for Mexicans who come from all over the country and throw parties there. Well, noise and smoking inside is allowed then! One day, there was almost no hot water in the shower. As a Booking genius member I was supposed to get 2 extra hours for check-out, well, this hotel does not know about this and aimed to charge on that... Summary - STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL WHEN YOU VISIT MEXICO CITY

We had a very good stay . Hotel had old world charm. We had a very positive experience

Bathroom small. Not vanity space. Towels scratchy. Bedding too stiff.closet had no hang room. Had chest of drawers in middle.

Staff was welcoming . Concierge was knowledgeable . Room was a superier king with separate siting area. Breakfast was excellent. Not included. Bed comfortable

Poor customer service: Room not ready until evening, WiFi did not work, Check-in took over 15 min
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

- WiFi in my room did not work - Reception was rude - took 15+ min to locate my reservation made on booking.com - Room for check-in was not ready until 6pm (tried to check-in at 2pm); absolutely no understanding, no offer for a restaurant voucher, etc. - Charged extra for an extra bottle of water (!) since apparently only one of the two bottles in the room is free of charge... absolutely terrible customer service

Location of hotel on Paseo Reforma is a plus

Cozy, Clean and Comfortable in Mexico City
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

The staff here is very friendly and the room was very clean, comfortable and cozy. The staff at front always greeted us and were able to answer questions about the city area. The cafe is very good and our server was nice and attentive. It is located in a central area of Mexico City with restaurants and shops within walking distance. We had no problem problems with Uber drivers finding this location either. There is also a little shop across the street that has great local items and gifts.

Great location at friendly international style hotel
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Big selection at breakfast both Mexican and international . Room service very attentive and quick. Good location for visiting city . City so large staying at different locations is good as traffic is heavy between dawn and midnight .

Pleasant
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

You had to have a deposit for the fridge service bar to even open the door to the fridge!!! First time I have ever seen this Ridiculous! If you take something, they should charge it to your room.

Staff very polite

Wonderful hotel, great staff, will stay here again!

There is nothing I didn't like.

This is a really wonderful hotel, with amazing staff. I was there during the September 2017 earthquake and as such could not stay after my first 3 nights (was booked for 11). The hotel staff was extremely pleasant, and even in these difficult times, ready to help and assist me. I was even offered a refund of my unused nights, which was much appreciated. The room was big, well decorated, with great wifi. I'll stay here again next time I'll be in Mexico City.

The be was comfortable.

The check in process took so long, i understand that this could be related to the last minute booking.

The be was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the appliances were of good quality. Furthermore, the staff was really helpful.

Confortable and excellent location.

I had Chilaquiles in the cafeteria type restaurant and they were not good at all.

Very confortable bed, clean, excellent location very close to everything downtown.

We were at this hotel at the time of the earthquake in...

The room was a little small for two people, but well designed

We were at this hotel at the time of the earthquake in Mexico City. The staff helped all the guests to safety during this frightful event. They kept the guests informed of the damage, and quickly put the hotel back in operational mode after a few hours. We are grateful for the dedication of the staff

Most of the staff was kind and available whenever I needed...

The gym is too simple and energy generators are a bit noisy at night.

Most of the staff was kind and available whenever I needed them. It was a pity I had to leave earlier as the building's structure was affected by the earthquake. It was a scary moment, but the hotel offered guests free meal, free water, and reimbursed my remaining nights, they did all they could do.

Well located, comfortable, clean hotel in Mexico City provided a convenient stay.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

The staff at the reception desk were not very helpful. Even though they were nice, they were not able to adequately answer questions.

Coffee machine in the room was terrific in the morning. The bathroom was large and well appointed, including a jacuzzi to rest up after a long day sightseeing.

Beautiful building. Small policies held it back, some staff was walking around in normal clothes

Fix the above. A bus to the Airport.

The light switch was loose. They have a strange charge where they say the water on the desk is chargeable, but the water on the shelf is not. It is confusing and frankly ridiculous. The entire nightlife in the area is a Gay section of the city. I did not know that.

It was a great experience staying in the Emporio in Mexico City.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

The rooms where very roomy. The hotel was in a very good location to all the main interest points. The restaurant food was excellent and the staff where professional and very attentive to any of our needs.

it was a prodigous mediocrity. oh and all the showers in the hotels in Mexico have a very high wall
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

The locationThe staff either lied or were ignorant about the location of the restaurants and I believe I am over charged $100 or more

Staff is very weak in english. They gave us the room forgetting to activate our card so when leaving the room we coulsnt open the door when coming back. Fridge was locked all the stay with no key. Rooms are very small. Suits single person.

Very good location for exploring downtown Mexico City and the museums.

Reception staff were very helpful esp. Fernando. Also helped us arrange a private tour of Teotihuacan with a good guide - much better than the larger commercial tours. Also the breakfast was very good with a good mixture of Mexican food and Western.

Love this hotel

The breakfast was delicious! and the staff very nice and friendly. The hotel is in a good location you can get to el Zocalo and may be chapultepec walking.

Amazing and comfortable
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

There was nothing we didn't like. Everything was pleasant.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful with any questions. It was my daughter's birthday and after getting back they celebrated her with cake and sang to her.

A hotel with an extraordinary staff.

I think this it is a wonderful hotel for couples. For a family the rooms are small. The hotel has bigger rooms but they don't have view to the street.

The staff is absolutely amazing. My son had a birthday while we were staying at the hotel. In the morning the staff woke him up with a cake singing Las Mañanitas. When we arrived at night, we found in his bed a beautiful artwork made out of rice grains of different colors, saying Feliz Cumpleaños. It was beautiful. The names of the staff deserves to be mentioned, so I am including them here: Liliana Santana, Fernando Silva, Fernando Luna, Fernando López, Fernando Rueda, Arturo Ocampo, Diego Marquez, Eduardo Pérez, Edwin Cruz, Miguel Zárate, Luis García, Salvador Garcés, Martín López, Sandra Seidy López, Erick Díaz. Thank you all for a memorable stay.

It is a nice old-fashioned building on Reforma ave.

The hotel needs to be entirely renovated to become really enjoyable. The stay was not uncomfortable, but nothing about this hotel is really top. I will not return.

It is a nice old-fashioned building on Reforma ave.

LOVED IT !!! Very nice comfortable hotel, great location with an AWESOME full buffet breakfast

There wasn't much (if anything) to complain about..

THE BEST BREAKFAST, INCLUDED !!! Wonderful hot buffet breakfast, something for everyone. Reminded me of an all-inclusive for choices. Also a big plus, extremely comfortable bed...

We were especially pleased by the driver Horacio Larios, who...

We were especially pleased by the driver Horacio Larios, who helped us get from the hotel to all the places in the city where we needed to be. He was courteous, pleasant, informative, and an excellent driver.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The location was good and centrally located.

The English language knowing staff was very scarce, even at reception. Breakfast items were all labelled in Spanish so very difficult to know what was being served. We were vegetarian so was difficult to know what to eat.. We had booked a tour through the hotel desk on the day we were leaving and were supposed to be back by 4pm. We had taken an extended paid late check out so we could come back from the tour and rest for some time. The tour got us back at 630pm instead of 4pm and as soon as we came were hounded out of the room. We asked for some information about our flight and Terminal from front desk but they were not helpful and misleading information led to us missing our flight out of Mexico.

The location was good and centrally located.

Had to change rooms because they were using...

Had to change rooms because they were using chemicals/solvents in the room beneath us and the odor was so strong it gave us nausea. The person who came in to verify the odor took a while to even acknowledge the issue and then had to go see what the problem was. Finally had to go to the reception to discuss the problem after the operator told us she'd resolve the problem and call us back ( and didn't do so)

A nice stay in Reforma!
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Travelling back to the airport, they "suggest" you use their car which is more expensive. When I asked for information about the Metro system, they had no maps and gave me the wrong line - admitedly, I travel extensively and found Mexico City metro network confusing and the signage is terrible and misleading!

Very good location, near Reforma 222 - a small shopping mall. Many cafes and restaurants nearby. A very quiet room, but view was a wall! Staff was pleasant, but not amazing...

Good for the money and great location, but you can hear right through the walls.

The walls were very thin and you can hear your neighbors. One night our neighbors came to their room drunk and we could hear all of their conversations. I could not sleep because their unpredictable laughter would wake me up. On the second night, I was dead tired and could hear nothing.

The location was perfect, right in the center of all the sightseeing places. They have a buffet and the food was great. The place looks well maintained and still keeps its classic appeal. Everyone was helpful.

Not bad, not great.

I asked for the mini bar to be unlocked and no one ever came to unlock it. It is listed as having an airport shuttle but the front desk told me there is no airport shuttle. When I came in at night, the place looked closed, lots of the lights were out and there was no one at the desk, which did not make me feel very safe. I was disappointed there was no bar, with the style of the hotel it seemed there should have been one. There is a cafe, but it's very basic. I did not try the restaurant. Area is not too bad, but not the nicest to walk around as it's mostly other hotels and high rises. Some interesting places 15 min walk behind the hotel. The room was pretty nice, but very small. Hallway had a funny odor. Hotel guide says there are free newspapers but you have to request them, as well as ice. I felt like I kept having to call the front desk to ask for things.

The bathtub was fantastic (though it did not appear to be clean). Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Staff were the right kind of casual.

Staff were the right kind of casual. As in approachable and also made great simple suggestions about getting around and how to appreciate the hotel facilities a bit better. They provided good service but made me feel very comfortable.

Good hotel for the price
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Although we booked 6 months earlier our friends had to change rooms after the first night to start an organised tour which was inconvenient

Location and cleanliness

Nice hotel within walking distance to restaurants and markets

There was an odor in the hotel that required us to go get plug-ins. The hotel should work on ensuring it smells better in the hallways.

Nice, luxurious property in a good location near Zocalo Square n

We were very pleased with our stay at Emporio Reforma.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Would be helpful to have a printed handout of nearby restaurants and tourist attractions (in both Spanish and English).

Comfortable room, good location, very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

the reception is good service.
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

the room have a very heavy smell of cigarette . and the reception said to us no allowed smoke.its fanny.

the reception is good service. the bed is comfortabel. the breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Ok location, poor service
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

The service by reception desk staff, restaurant staff and the concierge in charge of getting taxis was all very disappointing. We don't know if it was because we were two women travelling or if perhaps because we are North American, that we were not treated well. In fact, we were treated quite disrespectfully. I would not recommend this establishment.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Decent place to stay!
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

Wish they had a more forgiving cancellation policy because there are FAR cheaper places in CDMX.

Clean, quiet, decent location, free wifi (once we figured out how to connect).

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room - Two Double Beds

Old and slightly dated hotel. Gym room small and difficult to get to, breakfast ok but can get better at other hotels for a similar price

I loved that it is in Paseo de la Reforma, near el Angel de...
    • Double Room - Two Double Beds

I loved that it is in Paseo de la Reforma, near el Angel de la Independencia.

Awesome :)

Coupon for Voucher

perfect.

Martin the “concierge “ was very nice and helpful.

The double bed was really small.

Martin the “concierge “ was very nice and helpful. All the staff was good.

The smell in the hallway.

The smell in the hallway. 10th floor

A great hotel. Extremely clean and upmarket with exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.

Extremely clean and upmarket hotel with exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.

Clean, comfortable, safe

Great breakfast.

friendly staff and comfortable room good food and walking distance to everything

I liked everything

it was great for travelling alone

The hotel staff

The hotel staff

The facilities are nice and it’s nice and clean

The facilities are nice and it’s nice and clean

Would not book again

Room to small seemed to crowed with very small space to walk around the bed.

The location and service fantastic.

The location and service fantastic. The down side is the small bed and small room and the cable tv is not the best But everything else was great!

Very clean rooms and great staff

Small beds. Rooms a little small

Very clean rooms. A little small