Reviews of Emporio Zacatecas 5 stars

Avenida Hidalgo 703 Centro Historico, 98000 Zacatecas, Mexico

#5 of 35 hotels in Zacatecas

• Superior Room

They did not honor the internet price. Also, they had cheaper rate the next day but did not offer it and charged me more instead of offer it to me

it is very comfortable and clean.

• Superior Room

No air conditioning in the room. Room window opens to open garden atrium but smoking is allowed inside the hotel atrium and it flows into the room. :(

Excellent Downtown Zacatecas location. Excellent breakfast.

• Superior Room

There was a leaking in the bathroom.

It has an excellent location in the historic district. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast and lunch buffet were very tasty.

• Superior Room

Air conditioning didn’t work. Ceiling fan didn’t work properly. No air extractor in the bathroom. No towel hangers anywhere. Very late housekeeping. And worst of all, there were glass pieces in the food!!!

Almost sound proof windows. Nice location. Good in room coffee.

Parking space it's crowed.

Awesome bed, amenities, kind of next level hotel at a very good price. The hotel was really well located, right in the hot spot in Zacatecas.

• Superior Room

My ipad was stolen from my room!

Very bad experience with them, I left my Ipad behind and when I called...........they did not "find" it and yet the location of my Ipad was the hotel. Still working with them on how I will get it back.

Terrible Service - for the 3rd time the Hotel gave away my Junior Suite with a King Size bed to another customer before I arrived - despite their own reservation list stating I had reserved that room. They then put me in a room with two small beds that couldn't sleep my partner and I in one. Their response was that we shouldn't use "booking.com" and call instead... On previous occasions they have given my room away and said "they didn't have it available" only for it to become available after a lot of complaining.

• Superior Room

Breakfast not included and waiters don’t inform in advance, later don’t give me the ticket and then not possible to include it in the final invoice. Hotel didn’t i formed about an event with a car show, therefore street was closed for the show. Conclusion: Guests can not arrive to the hotel because street was closed and the parking was full for the car event and the guests that arrived previous days has no right to park neither to arrive close to the hotel

• Superior Room

It was expensive. We paid extra for a third person when no extras were provided to the room. That did not seem right.

It’s beautiful. The staff were excellent.

• Superior Room

The Hotel could use a little renovation. The bathroom is very small and the aircon was not working, they only had fans. We arrive on a cool day so it wasn't a problem.

The Hotel is located in the city centre just in front of the cathedral. Perfect to walk around.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Superior Room

The closing of the street in occasions can be inconvenient if someone is picking you up.

Very friendly and helpful employees. Location was just perfect in walking distance to lots of the attractions, restaurants, bars and major tourist areas. I had a wonderful time!!!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Superior Room

Staff could have been more helpful, upgraded room which I paid extra for me but did not inform me until departure that I needed to pay extra tax.

Nice large comfortable suite, quiet and pleasant to be in. The hotel is well located and convenient for visiting Zacatecas.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Superior Room

We stayed for two nights over the Constitution Day holiday. The hotel is modern and his located in "prime" location. The Catherdal, street life, and local shops are literally foot steps away. Our room was nice - the shower was fantstic and the bed super-comfortable. No complaints with noise - we didn't hear a whisper.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Superior Room

Some construction in the lobby but it was not an issue.

The buffet breakfast is the best in town! Centrally located hotel for walking thru the colonial part of town.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Reception staff was unfriendly and uncooperative. I booked a Junior Suite room and the one they gave me (a spacious one with a separate sitting area) was right next to a noisy, very noicy, ice making machine. I asked for a different room and they gave me a regular room and did not adjust the price accordingly. They insisted I was being given a junior suite, but a regular size room with a chair in the corner is not a junior suite. I found this to be a rip off.

Location. Restaurant staff were great. The food was so so.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

As above

Very friendly staff , excellent location. They need a new ice machine . The one they have is very old and the ice it makes melts in a few minutes!. Wifi availability is a plus!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

We had an incredibly unpleasant experience during one of the nights there; it was Mexico’s Independence 9/16 (Big Party Zacatecas), and this was primarily due to the absolute incompetence of the hotel staff. When I made the decision to book in this hotel (7 months before my trip) the selling point was the Hotel Terrace, where one could watch the show and fireworks for the event-taking place on 9/16. Unfortunately, the hotel never emailed or notified me that this was going to be a reservation only event. It didn't matter if you were a guest. Locals had purchased a reservation to "only" have dinner on the terrace and watch the event from there; they didn't even have a booked room. Since I was not aware of this event-taking place, my friends and I went up to the terrace around 9 pm to watch the event. Next thing I know, my friends were being escorted out the terrace because they didn't have a reservation. All the other people having dinner and who had a reservation were just looking at them and talking amongst themselves. That was so embracing and humiliating. We went down to talk to reception, my sister asked to speak to a manager, and they sent down a security guy who by his body posture and attitude, didn't care, and he was just sent to listen and tell us "NO" you cannot be on the terrace, bar or restaurant. The level of customer service offered by the reception and this security guy were the worst I had experienced. This hotel was the last spot on our 10 day trip throughout Mexico, having stayed at 4 other hotels which were 3 to 4 stars, Emporio a 5-star hotel was the by far the worst. The Gerente Flores, after running into him in the elevator and telling him what horrible service this hotel had, he tried to make it up to us, by letting us go up to the terrace and giving us a free drink. However, there was only 15 min left of the show.

We got there at between 2:30pm and 3pm. Only one room was ready. We had room 305 and 409. The hotel is very nice, decor, furniture, beds, bathrooms, it has stairs and elevator. The hotel and its facilities get a 8 out 10. I liked its location, which is right across the Plaza De Armas and Cathedral. The price was reasonable which was a plus, hence, I did book 7 months ahead of time. However, all this went down the drain with the horrible customer service and over ambitious hotel manager who had private events in the different hotel facilities (I.E. hotel terrace, restaurant, and bar). Hotel guest could not make use of these facilities because it was by reservation only. Actually the cleaning staff was the most polite.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Superior Room

We had an incredibly unpleasant experience during one of the nights there, it was Mexicos Independence 9/16 (Big Party Zacatecas), this was primarily due to the absolute incompetence of the hotel staff. When I made the decision to book in this hotel (7 months before my trip) the selling point was the Hotel Terrace, where one could watch the show and fireworks for the event taking place on 9/16. Unfortunately, the hotel never emailed or notified me that this was going to be a reservation only event. It didn't matter if you were a guest. Locals had purchased a reservation to "only" have dinner on the terrace and watch the event from there; they didn't even have a booked room. Since I was not aware of this event taking place, my friends and I went up to the terrace around 9 pm to watch the event. Next thing I know, my friends were being escorted out the terrace because they didn't have a reservation. All the other people having dinner and who had a reservation were just looking at them and talking amongst themselves. That was SO EMBRACING and HUMILIATING. We went down to talk to reception, my sister asked to speak to a manager, and they sent down a security guy who by his body posture and attitude, didn't care, and he was just sent to listen and tell us "NO" you cannot be on the terrace, bar or restaurant. The level of customer service offered by the reception and this security guy were the worst I had experienced. This hotel was the last spot on our 10 day trip throughout Mexico, having stayed at 4 other hotels which were 3 to 4 stars, Emporio a 5-star hotel was the by far the WORST. The Gerente Flores, after running into him in the elevator and telling him what horrible service this hotel had, he tried to make it up to us, by letting us go up to the terrace and giving us a free drink. However, there was only 15 min left of the show.

We got there at between 2:30pm and 3pm. Only one room was ready. We had room 305 and 409. The hotel is very nice, decor, furniture, beds, bathrooms, it has stairs and elevator. The hotel and its facilities get a 8 out 10. The king size bed was very comfy. I liked its location, which is right across the Plaza De Armas and Cathedral. The price was reasonable which was a plus, hence, I did book 7 months ahead of time. However, all this went down the drain with the HORRIBLE customer service and over ambitious hotel manager who had private events in the different hotel facilities (i.e. hotel terrace, restaurant, and bar). Hotel guest could not make use of this facilities because it was by reservation only. Actually the cleaning staff was the most polite.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Room

Floors in bathroom area were extremely slippery when wet and my husband fell hitting the back of his head. Mats should be placed or signs posted that floors are slippery when when and fall is possible.

Staff was extremely professional and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Superior Room

If I had any complain it would be the bathroom too small.

Good service, friendly staff, spotlessly clean, good dining room and of course location is perfect. Someone referred me to the Emporio, and I would refer it to everyone.

• Superior Room

Love the location! Amazing breakfast! All the staff were super nice and helpful.

No AC

Food

Staff in the front desk. Not friendly Not helping They have attitude

• Superior Room

Clean, the food was delicious!

WIFI and AC was not working

All the vecinity of the business location and of course all their employees very kind and respectful

• Superior Room

No air conditioner, room was rally hot!!!

• Superior Room

Excellent service. Great hotel.great service. Excellent location.

Size of room.

Decoration & comfort

Good

Good

The charges for parking.

The room temperature was perfect all 5 days. You can book tours directly at the hotel.

Location couldn’t be better, downtown. Beautiful architecture. Plus, the food was fresh and very tasty.

room did not have a view of cathedral

Great variety on the breakfast buffet, nice omelette station

Location and service

• Superior Room

Not mad about the breakfast, wanted a more English breakfast. Eg Toast and English tea.

Spacious rooms, 2 double beds, very comfortable.

• Superior Room

Great location, in the middle of everything, I love it!!!! I will return for sure!!!!!

• Superior Room

Excellent location and the room location, facing outside was great.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

very good

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Room

The rooms should be a little more clean every day

It is a very family environmental and the people are very friendly

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Noisy RAP music on TV's in the bar

Breakfast was excellent even though it was very busy and crowded.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Many staff are bilingual which was very helpful for us, but ALL were friendly, professional and accommodating. Location is excellent for visiting places of interest. Food is very good.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

You might need to wait a few minutes to get in the breakfast hall. The area is going through renovations (like most cities in Mexico at this time) so we couldn't reach the hotel's parking until the next morning (they refunded us the money we paid for the private parking). In our last day there was a power shortage, but everything was operational, I guess this hotel is really eager to please its customers.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Though the hotel is right in the middle of downtown, it was very quiet. The breakfast, although a little pricey, offers everything imaginable. This hotel seems to be quite the destination in Zacatecas. If you don't need to be right in the middle of things, you might find a less expensive and equally suitable alternative.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Excellent friendly staff and great restaurant !

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Was over charged for 3 night stay.

Very Good Location. Close to center of town & attractions. Staff is helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2015

Needs more parking space. Prices can be a little bit cheaper.

The location was great. The building is very romantic.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Excellent service

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

the lobby bar was closed early on Sunday...

Location, staff, amenities,

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

I didn't know none of the room weren't equipped with A/C, only Heat.

Cleanliness of the rooms, restaurant, hotel cleaning service

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

They have a system that looks like an air conditioning, but it dosn't work and nobody told us!

The location is amazing!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

This hotel although a nice comfortable well located hotel is way over priced. Mi

Staff was attentive. Location very good.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

To be near everything, enjoy all the attractions and to listen all kind of midic

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

My room overlooked the interior courtyard, which meant no noise from the street

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Emporio Zacatecas traveller photo gallery