Reviews of Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun 5 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan Km 9.5, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#9 of 186 hotels in Cancún

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I love the comfort of the bed, the location of the hotel...
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The security were constantly checking us to see if we were staying at the hotel, and even one time approached our family inside the elevator implying no guests were allowed in the room. What he didn’t know was that we actually had more than one room and those who he thought were not allowed in the room were actually hotel guests. That kind of situation makes me feel uncomfortable because even if they were not staying at the hotel but another one I feel I should be able to go up to my room with my family for a little while if I need to , specially after expending well over a $1000 dollars at my 2 day staying staying.

I love the comfort of the bed, the location of the hotel and the amazing beach area. Some staff members were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

I usually dont like these big hotels but since it was not...

- breakfast is ok

I usually dont like these big hotels but since it was not crowed you can really enjoy the beach or the swimming pool Rooms were very clean Staff very nice

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The Staff and Service was impeccable. Fiesta Coral Beach exceeded my expectation as a resort.

No complaints

WOW and WOW... The Staff and Service was impeccable. Fiesta Coral Beach exceeded my expectation as a Resort. The Ocean front rooms are breathtaking and you can see Isla Mujeres on the horizon. The breakfast and food at the various restaurants was delicious. If you need to stay anywhere in Cancun I highly recommend this resort for comfort, cleanliness and personable attention they provide to their guests. I will definitely be staying here on my next visit.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

A two day before flight relaxation with great facilities and services!!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

I came to Cancun after an intensive one month cross-Mexico trip, and was looking for a place to relax before trans-atlantic flight. This was just the place!! They were very pleasant to deal with, the beach and pools are clean and well maintained. My room was very quiet and there was no disturbance from children, even tho it is not an "adult only" hotel. Breakfast even tho at extra charge was very good and served right on time and as requested!! I had a great time and certainly would recommed it!!

Perfect stay with only minor downsides
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View + 1000 Resort Credit

you have to pay for almost everything extra (i.e. Watersport is expensive) The website states there would be a pool, however, there is not (only a spa which requires you to pay >20$ each time you want to use it)

Great location, wonderful sea, very good food Take advantage of your bonus credits, however, you normally need to pay on top

I love everything about this hotel, from the staff to the...
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

I just wish that the hotel guest should have access to the gym at anytime. The gym facility closes at 10pm.

I love everything about this hotel, from the staff to the amazing 5 staff breakfast they provided in the morning. I Enjoy the fact that breakfast is from 6:30 Am to noon, that way we didn't have to rush out of bed to make it for breakfast. Staff were amazing. The place was spotless clean. The ocean views are beautiful.

Never come back
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Took over 50 mins to check in as the receptionist seemed not familiar with his work. The original rooms had unpleasant smell and very big under construction noise from upper floor, air conditioners were out of control. Went to bed with wet hair after taking a shower as no shower caps were provided and the hairdryer was broken in the changed room. The house keeping service took ages to respond clients’ requests. We called them three times and kept waiting for another hairdryer to be delivered for almost an hour on the next day. The second hairdryer we got did not work either! The accommodation receipt can only be provided in Spanish not English as the hotel manager had a strong reason that we were in Mexico. I thought I spent 4 nights in an international hotel!

The room service always respond timely.

Excellent Stay...We Will Definitely Come Back!
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

The bed was very comfortable. Our rooms were cleaned at least 3 times a day. The hotel staff was very accommodating and the beaches were well kept. At night my husband and I saw staff cleaning and raking the beaches!!! We were always met with a smiling face and we never touch the doors coming in and going out of the hotel. There were always bellmen there and they were very helpful if we needed a cab. There was security there as well keeping watch over the property. Overall great place and stay and very secure.

Nice hotel - clearly above average in the Cancun area.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

Almost got scammed during the check out. The reception staff said he needs to charge me extra 25$ per night (250$) on top of the official hotel bill as a resort fee, but will not do it if I pay him 100$ cash. After I refused to pay him - said he will not charge me anyway but stated he expects a high tip. (What a face he made for the 'low' 20£ tip - Sarah Bernhardt of 21st century!). Later, I checked my booking info and costs - the tax was already included in the hotel bill! Not the behavior expected from 5* hotel - be careful!

Nice hotel - clearly above average in the Cancun area. Clean, pleasant pool area, nice beach particularly if you dont like waves. Restaurants are high quality, though can be little pricey. Staff (with few exceptions) is friendly and helpful. We also very much enjoyed the complimentary '1000$' offer.

The hotel is in the best location in Cancun.

Nil

The hotel is in the best location in Cancun. The staff are very well trained in 5 star customer service. The whole resort was Above all our expectations

An excellent choice.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

The beaches had a tremendous amount of sea weed. However this was just a temporary and unusual occurrence due to a hurricane that stirred up the Gulf. Apparently the seaweed drifted from the coast of Brazil and was affecting all beaches along Cancun and other beaches along the gulf coast.

The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. Room was spacious and very clean. Plenty of attention to detail. Staff were fantastic. Pool and grounds were beautiful and immaculate.

We loved meeting Blanca from the lounge bar.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

We loved meeting Blanca from the lounge bar. She was so warm and accommodating Edgar and wilburth from the morning buffet were wonderful kind people!!!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The breakfast was FANTASTIC!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The breakfast was FANTASTIC! It's definitely worth it, so yummy! The staff was also super attentive. Great way to start the morning. Also the pool and beach facilities were so relaxing.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Awesome resort
    • Master Suite Ocean Front

Upon arrival the girl who checked us in never smiled or made eye contact I don't know if she was having a bad day or what. The room we had was beautiful but had a bad moldy odor. I tried to overlook it but the next day it was worse. We went to the front desk in order to switch rooms being I was there for a full week. I forget who we dealt with but super accommodating when here comes the girl who checked us in stating we'll put a humidifier in the room, now I'm annoyed and asked for a new room which was granted.

Best breakfast buffet ever! Pool staff super friendly and helpful (Alex & Yuliana) the best! Jesus the bellhop super friendly . Overall an excellent stay! Would definitely come back.

Rest basilisco, Spa, Pool, rooms
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

i think you should have more Healthy option in the breakfast bufette, and extration in the room bathrooms as there are no Windows, and more umbrellas at the Pool, the elevators that have Windows are Hot, maybe One adult pool, everything else is Great.

Rest basilisco, Spa, Pool, rooms

Loved so much about F.A.C.B but would probably not return due to lack of any nightlife.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

Did not like that there was absolutely zero nightlife. Was not looking for a partying resort at all however being able to get a drink in the evening, and enjoy it out at the beach or pools would have been expected. The inside lobby bar was dead at night, no live music as stated in brochures and online.

Loved the beauty of the resort, loved the waitstaff at swim up bars, loved the restaurant on site La Jolla, loved the spa

Beautiful for a honeymoon!!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Welcoming polite and friendly staff, so nice after a very long flight! Upgraded us to a nicer room with better view for our honeymoon!! Margherita's with Romantic candlelight ocean view! WOW!

Lovely view but overpriced
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Very outdated for a five star hotel, also there was a conference on that took over the whole hotel so we were treated like second rate guests compared to them, this isn't really there fault just bad timing When we arrived they took our bags but when we got to our room they were not there, we waited another 15 mins called and asked what was going on and were told they were on the way up, another 10 mins past and still nothing so I personally went down stairs and grabbed them off the trolley myself and took them to the room, not exactly a 5 star hotel experience, this may seem petty but after travelling 30 hours from Australia all we wanted to do was have a shower and change out of our clothes. On our last day we moved hotels to an all inclusive hotel for a third of the price would much recommend doing that to others

Staff were very friendly

We were celebrating our 27th anniversary. It was the perfect place to relax and let it all go.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

If we only had more time there. Everything was great.

Quiet possibly one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in my wife has already booked our trip for next year

All in all - the best hotel we have been so far! Expensive and classy!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Everything is quite expensive, not many things included. Breakfast buffet is about $30 and does not worth it (better have a menu breakfast). Restaurants are better than in town but also overpriced and not very tasty. Rooms might need some renovation.

Service at the beach, ocean, hotel design, large rooms with fantastic view, central location, nice pool, Wi-Fi is free and fast and everywhere. Cappuccino is very good! We also liked a seafood offering by the buffet dinner in the restaurant at the beach.

Excellent property in the heart of Cancun Beach area , but...
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

Could have more food choices and serve food poolside at later hours -

Excellent property in the heart of Cancun Beach area , but you are away from the hustle and bustle - fantastic heated pool with swim up bar - lovely beach area , complimentary kayaks and paddle boards , staff go above and beyond to make guests comfortable.

Great stay! Highly recommend
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The promised fruit and brownie trays out on the beach did not occur as much as we were expecting. We only got brownies once by luck and we were out there all day. Some of the concierge people were not the most helpful and one of them never smiled or seemed friendly. They should offer airport shuttle service.

Loved the beach Jet skiis near by Free paddleboats Floater on the beach to sunbathe on Multiple pools with bars for those who drink Great breakfast buffet for $30/person Multiple restaurants and a cafe Room service organized our stuff :) Bathroom was a nice size and we had a beautiful view from our balcony.

Highly recommandable hotel for couples or families
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

It is a pitty that it's not possible to hook up a woman from night Club and take her to the room. Securities of the hotel are going to disturb you very quickly. Would have been great to Show our ladies our lovely view ;-)

The view from the balcony is amazing! I've hardly seen something like that. The Service is excellent in this hotel, you get treated like a king. Also the Food is delicous! The pool is amazing.

Amazing Honeymoon Stay
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front + 1000 USD Resort Credit

Breakfast was a bit pricey. The food was good however.

We were pampered from beginning to end. The staff is amazing and the facilities spotless. I highly recommend visiting the SPA.

Fabulous Beach, Fantastic Hotel!
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

There is almost nothing to dislike. We did not encounter a single issue during our stay. Even the in-room coffee was fairly good!

The property is located along a beautiful stretch of beach that still has the white, powder soft sand that Cancun was famous for before hurricaine Wilma hit in 2005. The pool, located just off the beach is lovely. The grounds are immaculate and the hotel itself is very clean, bright, and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and consistently so. The service on the beach was propmt and we never waited long for someone to ask if we needed anything else. The beds are very comfortable and there are plenty of pillows for everyone. Check out is noon, which is very nice because our away flight was at 15:00. This enabled us to enjoy the beach the morning of our departure and still have time to get shined up before we traveled. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Great hotel in a good location
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Items like ice and cold drink only available on certain floors

Nice hotel that despite being a chain has some character while having all the services and facilities you would expect for the price

Most staff were nice.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

They lied to us when they told us about the special offer. They mentioned the could get us free dinner at the French or Mexican restaurant in their hotel. When we had spent 3 hours listening to us, they didn't give us a voucher. I had to ask again the next day and they gave us a voucher to the buffet which was gross.

Most staff were nice.

We had a wonderful relaxed weekend. It was only too short!
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

The airconditioning was quite loud, and was difficult to adjust to the desired temperature.

Great location, wonderful beach, good food and restaurants, nice pools, friendly staff, wonderful room and balcony with views.

Beautiful and clean rooms!
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

If you’re looking for a more lively atmosphere this isn’t the place. Thr food is okay. Glad I didn’t do the all inclusive.

Beautiful and clean rooms!!! Ocean view rooms were so nice! Quiet hotel. Nice beach. Would recommend!!

- nice spot near a couple bars
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

- very expensive for what you get - room connected to another one just next to us by only 2 doors so you hear everything - shade everywhere after 4/5 pm

- nice spot near a couple bars - private beach, a little small but very nice - great huge pool - good looking hotel inside - good service - nice room

Wonderful and courteous people
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Great service from staff, special thanks to Lizbeth at check-in who made us feel extremely welcome. Beautiful location with views and easy access to turquoise beach and very large pool. Would definitely go back there. Large SPA is a plus.

Room is comfortable.

Furnitures in the lobby were out of date

Room is comfortable. Pool side is great. Walking to the beach. Brunch buffet is fantastic. Service staff are hardworking and helpful.

The hotel was lovely and well maintained.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Jordy and Blanca were exceptionally friendly and helpful but many other employees didn't seem very friendly. We also stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Playa del Carmen and every employee we encountered greeted us and were smiling and friendly which made our stay more enjoyable. We would have enjoyed our stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana more if employees were more friendly greeting us with smiles.

The hotel was lovely and well maintained. Room was very nice with a great view. Pool was warm and pool area was great and beach was gorgeous. Lobby jazz bar was terrific. Jordy (pool area) and Blanca (lobby jazz bar) were exceptionally friendly and helpful and made our experience much nicer.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I stay in this hotel at least 3-4 times a year. Its sad they don't recognise their loyal customers . Also recently on top of room payment they added 25 USD to use beach and pool, it was never before

As a frequent guest in Cancun always stay in this hotel. Location is the best in entire Hotel Zone.Staff very friendly, breakfast very delicious , rooms big&comfortable.Nespresso machine was provided.

brilliant
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

we seemed to be the oldest people there but it made us feel young again. no basd thing. Other than that there was nothing to dislike

food was amazing and also the pools,beach and rooms. The staff especially Monica was a great help with arranging places to visit and eat

Played a big part of being one of the best holidays we have had

Not a thing

The staff were so friendly making us all feel very welcome. The beds supplied a great nights sleep. The hotel being practically on the beach was ideal and the service was just 100%

its a beautiful hotel and the staff are amazing.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

its a beautiful hotel and the staff are amazing. They all work so hard and will do anything humanely possible to make your stay perfect, including running errands and filling prescriptions (delivered!).

The location is great.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The hotel staff tried to trick us into going to a timeshare presentation. On the first day the guard kicked us out of the hotel grounds even though we had already checked-in. The hotel has a very annoying policy of "no external food or drinks", this is annoying in an area where tap water is not safe to drink. The beds were not very comfortable and the AC was louder than usual for luxury hotels.

The location is great. Our room had a very nice view of the beach and ocean and the hotel is close to many restaurants.

Fantastic.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front + 1000 USD Resort Credit

The entire hotel staff, beach staff, restaurant staff and concierge was top notch. Hotel was very nice and very well maintained. Perfect 5 day getaway spot.

Comfort for tourism and excellent for congresses and events
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Situated at the tip of Cancun, it depends on transportation for getting around the city. Restaurant options during the day in the hotel are limited. The restaurant staff should be more responsive, though very attentive. Problem with opening the balcony doors, which causes excess humidity, leaving the room wet, with danger of slipping. The air conditioner does not have a switch to turn off, just to control the temperature.

Hotel with many amenities and comfort. Excellent for events. Front desk staff very friendly, helpful and efficient. Various entertainment options for adults and children. Excellent and fast operation of the laundry services.

perfect!

housekeeping

10th floor is high enough to enjoy the whole view of the ocean. the balcony is large enough to grab a wine or pena-colali and sit down to embrace the breeze and the sunshine. spa on 4th floor is wonderful. the white sand and the clear water make me recall the holiday in sandestin and clearwater beach. love it.

The beach at the hotel is beautiful, the facilities are wonderful and the service is exemplary.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

Too much of a hard sell on the club. With the exception of the breakfast buffet at Vina del Mar, the restaurants could improve the quality of the food. The buffet at Isla Contoy was not great - we arrived at the end of the day and the food was cold.

The manager and IT were very responsive when experiencing WiFi issues - the matter was resolved quickly and effectively. Alejandra in reception was very diligent helping me find my lost glasses. The staff at the pool/on the beach provided excellent service and were super friendly. The Spa is beautiful and relaxing. The beach is the best of Cancun and the facilities are very well maintained (beautiful flowers). Overall, the service by all of the staff was extraordinary. Best breakfast buffet ever!

Six days of luxury, peace, and happiness
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

There are a variety of restaurants at the hotel. I didn't have much time to hang around them. Overall the food was good. Nevertheless, the hotel should aim to have more food options readily available for people with special dietary needs. I am vegan and although the staff eventually accommodated my needs, it took much more time to get this food than for other people who joined me for meals. It is not only embarrassing to be among my colleagues when this happens, it is disheartening to think of the excessive death of animals wasted at the buffet. The hotel should provide many more vegetable dishes without the use of butter, milk, eggs, and cheese, making all meals healthier. For example, vegetables, rice, and pasta dishes can be made equally delicious by simply and creatively using high quality olive, coconut, sesame oils. They should consult a top vegan chef.

I thought I had been to a luxury hotel before Grand Fiesta Americana, but I was mistaken. There is an ambiance from the moment you arrive. Everything is grand. Staff are highly professional. The view from the Ocean Front rooms on the tenth and eleventh floors are spectacular. Each room is immaculate, classy, equipped, and comfortable. The spa is excellent. The building is extremely nice too. Grand Fiesta Americana deserves their 5 diamonds.

Best vacation ever.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Only recommendation is that they need an outdoor hot tub or jacuzzi.

Staff was accommodating, the room was amazing and the spa was heavenly. Food was 5 star and the beach was clean, as was the pool area.

Fabulous resort, with the best calmest water, great waitstaff!
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

They held our luggage ransom as we checked in and were forced to sit through 20 minutes of how we should sign up for a 90 minute presentation for a time share, which they call "points". I told them we were not interested, but the rep said just agree and you will get 25% off food and drinks and tours. We did and the next day, we sat through a hard sale. We received a free breakfast and 25% off all food and drink, but only received 10% off one excursion. A bait and switch... The music in the lobby is serene through out the day, but once night falls they have live music, (if you can call it music) BLARES up through the atrium and provides no sleep until after 1:00 AM. What a stupid feature and a huge mistake this classy resorts makes. From smooth jazz, to trashy disco. Whoever decided to intentionally disturb the residents with this NOISE should be fired. We booked a resort, not a night club. Also, the toilets clog to the point of raw sewage running out on the street. They had to dig a large hole directly adjacent to one of the pools, fixed the problem and covered and paved the hole. The exterior back portion of the hotel stunk of raw sewage. They do not allow you to bring in your own food or drinks stating it's a health issue, but it's just a scam to make you purchase all their expensive food and drinks. We brought groceries in anyway. Please can not exist without your own water and food readily available. Remove their drinks from the little frig, and place your food, drinks and just clean up your mess. We took the trash out everyday, cleaned up crumbs etc. We replaced their drinks and cleaned up everything before we checked out. If you are going to break the rules, don't be a slob.

The beach is calm and beautiful, the beach is only a small strip of land about 20 ft wide, but the water is great and the bar staff is very nice and brings drinks out to your lounge chair. Towels are provided, the lobby is fantastic, views from the room are great. The restaurants provide top notch service and top notch food. No complaints whats so ever.

Rooms were nice, location good but I'd probably try somewhere else if I went back
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

the checkin took ages although there was no que. Horribly slow system. The night before checkout they slipped an express checkout form under my door which I filled out. Apparently I wasn't eligible for express checkout, which is bizarre. they ended up telling my friend that I had not paid my bill and made him pay it. They had put an express checkout form under his door too although he also was not eligible. Bizarre system!

Good location right next to all of the bars and clubs if that is what you are looking for

Great luxury resort in Cancun
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

My only remark it's not to the hotel itself, it's for the beach. Most probably due to climate changes the beach is rapidly disappearing, the sea it's literally eating the beach.

Great ambience, super clean, staff very polite, great quality sleep with super comfortable bed, great pools, high quality of food. Very good location near major spots in cancun or within a short car ride to them.

Nice hotel with gentle service and beautiful beach
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The AC is smelly, so the room always around a stale scent let me feel not such pleasant.

The service here is very good, the dining of room service is delicious and delicate. Big room, great view from the room. Nice beach and the facility here. Very clean the hotel. Buffet of breakfast is great.

Amazing
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Our room (125 on the west wing) was next to the lobby and you could sometimes hear the lobby music or noises, I'd try and get one a little further away if possible.

The beach was beautiful, loved the facilities and the room. It was a real oasis outside of the craziness of Cancun.

Consierge woman was very rude.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Consierge woman was very rude. Marina? was her name. Room temperature was a bit hard to control. Everything else is five star. Great food great ppl great pool and beach.

Definitely going back!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The fact that in order to use the spa, you need to book! I understand that it is a big hotel and cannot accommodate all the guests in spa, although it was not a high season and doubt that every guest will go there, but still no one informed us that a booking was required. Thus, on our last day there, we wanted to visit the spa and surprise! Fully booked...

Breakfast was amazing with a wide variety of foods covering even the most delicate taste. Beach was awesome and the pier for tge ferry to Isla Mujeres conveniently placed next to the hotel! Staff was super friendly and they maids were checking the room twice a day! We only tried the boufet restaurant twice but offered a good variety of foods and it is a good value for money! Definitely going back!

Grand fiesta for young couples
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Everything was nice, not necessarily for young couples

It's a classic tourist destination. Good for families and children. Not so much for young couples. However, nice facilities

the location was fantastic and staff wee friendly.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The gym needed to be more modern. Also there ws no sauna or steam room attached to the gym . it was in the spa and you had to pay to use it. The only unpleasant thing was that even though we booked our hotel in dollars , on departure we were charged in Pesos at an exchange rate substantially below the market rate for peso to dollar, making our stay up to 20 percent more expensive. We were told we should have informed them to bill in dollars for the room on arrival.

the location was fantastic and staff wee friendly. rooms were spacious and well appointed. The proximity of the pool to the beach made it possible to enjoy both together easily.

Amazing!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Amazing!Everything is very good. One of front desk staff, Alberto, upgrade our room,and extended the check-out time, it's very helpful. We'll stay next time.

Fantastic place, great location, excellent food.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front + 1000 USD Resort Credit

- We had tons of mosquitoes in our room. The more we killed them the more they popped up. The staff came to our room with a spray but that didn't seem to help. - Some of the staff members are very nice, some others (especially at the front desk) have an attitude that does not match the rest of this place. For a resort like this it is a pity.

The resort is very beautiful, with plenty of excellent food options, a nice private beach and a big pool. They offer free shows as well, we particularly liked the flamenco one. The location of the hotel is also excellent, next to lots of restaurants, bars and shops. Despite this our room was very quiet at night. The room was huge (we got upgraded to a suite) with a fantastic view on the ocean.

Very nice resort with beautiful beaches and views. Location of the hotel was also outstanding
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Room had a lot of humidity. We slept with an a/c that was very cold because if you did turn it off the floor would be slippery. Hotel requires rooms to be better insulated. Breakfast should have been included with the room but there wasn't the option to add it

View was outstanding even the good and variety was amazing.

Great Stay depleted by Hidden Costs
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Hidden costs everywhere. Upon our arrival, we were charged additional taxes that were not disclosed nor mentioned upon booking. We were also charged a resort fee of US$25 per night to be able to have towels in the beach, and coffee and water in our bedroom. In the pool area, asides from suggesting tip you are charged a Pool Fee for the trouble you make them go through for bringing you snacks to your chairs.

The staff was really attentive and easy going. The property, although not new, remains well mantained and lives up to expectations. The food is tasty and well presented and offers a variety of local and international dishes.

See you next year.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The service from the staff was extraordinary. The food was excellent especially the room service that works 24 hours and saved us from not eating dinner (restaurants in Cancun close early). The room was always clean I can assure that the value for money will be above your expectations.

The stay was great, the facility was great. Emilio, Gustavo, Angel were all great!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The lines for checking in and checking out were not that long, but it definitely took very long to attend to just one booking. Perhaps they can simply the process a bit for ease. We stood in line for about 30 minutes just to check out.

Loved the staff. Angel at the check in was awesome, took great care of us. The hotel is in great shape and very clean. Definitely worth the money you spend. The pool and beach were SPECTACULAR.

A lovely refined hotel, close to the action, but far enough away to still be relaxing.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

TV could do with the ability to switch the audio language, as both English and Spanish are available on the international channels locally, but with a "hotel" remote it was not possible to change it. Not a big problem as I spent most of my time enjoying outside!

Nice rooms with comfy bed. Small lounge area with a coffee table. All clean and well presented. Lovely pool area with several bars, some swim up. Always found a sun lounger available by the pool, and pool towels were provided from various locations. No need to sign and return them for cards which some hotels insist on which was nice. The beach was also lovely and easily accessible from the pool area. Good Buffet breakfast available, or al la carte menu for a smaller option. Staff always very friendly and speak both English and Spanish. Decent high speed Wifi throughout the hotel and room. Only needed to sign in once, not repeatedly like some hotel systems and actually worked! A great location, close to local shopping and evening entertainment - less than 5 minutes walk to bars and clubs, and local shopping.

Good location good food bad service,when I check in the...
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Bad service in reception when check in

Good location good food bad service,when I check in the reception did not give me welcome drinking but the other people check in after me got welcome drinking.i did not feel be welcome

One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at!
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at! For the price I wouldn't have expected any less though. Hotel is in a great location, next to lots of shopping, dining, and nightlife. Also love the pools here!

Beware
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Upon checking in, the front desk staff tried to overcharge me for something that was clearly included in my booking. I had to show my bookkng.com confirmation to address the sitting. Also,you I reserved and paid for an ocean view room but had no ocean view.

Beautiful.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

At the time some renovations were being done but honestly it wasn't bothersome.

The service at the Hotel was amazing. The room it self was extremely clean and comfortable. It was more on the pricey side but worth it.

Beware! Not As Advertised!!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

This summer’s trip to Cancun was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime! Our family was celebrating our son's graduation from high school, our daughter's promotion to high school, and my husband and my 25th wedding anniversary. I wanted it to be the week of “yeses” unencumbered by worries of cost or expense. This is why I searched for, chose, and booked and all-inclusive experience for our family. I had diligently compared numerous resorts and read all of the reviews. I was thrilled when I found a great deal for an all-inclusive resort called Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, and I eagerly shared the offer with multiple family and friends hoping that they would join us on holiday. My family and I were all so excited to embark on our next great adventure. You can imagine our surprise when we arrived in Mexico and our dream vacation started to go south. Upon check in, the host at the front desk said he had no knowledge of the I-prefer card advertised on the hotel's website. He said he would not be able to provide the room upgrade or the free Internet that was advertised. After speaking to the manager, we got this first hurdle remedied and happily checked in. We were thrilled with the 5 star resort and the two ocean view suites that we had booked. Famished, we eagerly headed downstairs to sample one of the 4 restaurants located on the property. That is when the concierge informed us that this was NOT an all-inclusive hotel. He proceeded to tell us that many websites advertise it that way and people make that mistake ALL the time, but he had only ever seen about 5 families actually have all-inclusive privileges! Wait! What? I had chosen an all-inclusive hotel on a trusted website that I had used for years. Suddenly, this vacation was no longer affordable for our family of four. I immediately went back and pulled up my conformation confident that it would be as booked. Sadly, it was not and the fine print said food not included.

They allowed us the cancel the remaining 6 nights of our trip without penalty. They allowed us a late check out, so our family could enjoy the pool before our departure.

Location and views from hotel room.
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Location and views from hotel room. Just a few mins walk to all the restaurants and clubs. You can catch a ferry to Isla Mujares from just downstairs. No need to rent a car or a taxi to get by.

Great Location but I will not be back!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

No activities or excitement. Very boring. The staff wasn't friendly or hospitable. They seem like hawks watching you and not friendly at all. Every drink I purchased was terrible inside the resort.

I loved the location and the larger size hotel rooms. The private beach was beautiful and the pools were clean and nice. If I go back I will stay at Dreams because it offers an All Inclusive price and the beach is much nicer and they have so many scheduled activities.

Heavenly Stay

No complains

Everything was just perfect! The rooms were spacious and beautiful, the staff was there every step of the way to make us feel comfortable just excellent customer service and the amenities were just superb. My 6 year old loved the Kids Club. The location was perfect. Walking distance from anything you may be looking for away from home. It was a heavenly hotel experience!

Gorgeous hotel, a bit dated. Great service.
    • Junior Suite Ocean Front

Location, this is tjr old cancun, where 20 years ago it used to be cool. This is where the nightclubs are, it is kind of polluted, loud and old.

Service, room size is super comfortable, free appetizers and ice cream bars by the pool, breakfast buffett amazing.

Nice property but not an enjoyable stay for me
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

They gave me the worst room in the whole massive hotel. It was on the first floor right off of the lobby. Music from the lobby was pouring in, and the noise from all the people talking and walking through was constant. The light switch for the lights above the vanity did not work. There was a big handicap rail blocking the commode. There was no privacy tag or guide to the hotel in this room. I discovered this the next day when I had finally had had enough and asked to be moved. It was as if this room was neglected. They did accommodate my request to move readily, but why would you put someone there if other rooms where available? There was no apology. Also, the policy of not allowing outside food or drinks in the room is absurd. It is not all inclusive so unless you went to one of their expensive in hotel restaurants or paid their ridiculous prices for their mini bar items you were out of luck. I refuse to pay $5 for a small bottle of water. The front desk staff was stuffy and had an air of superiority about them. They did not make you feel comfortable or welcome at all. I was going to stay here on my last day after a few days at Isla Mujeres, but I cancelled so that I could go back to the first hotel that I stayed at. The hotel itself is very nice, but not worth the isolated feeling I had staying there.

The property was very nice. I loved the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great place to stay!
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

The room was very nice, but could have been updated a little, our shower leaked, but it wasn't a big deal. Whenever we called the staff, they answered immediately.

This place was awesome - the staff was extremely accommodating, the food was very good - I highly recommend the breakfast buffet (seated outside with an ocean view), the rooms were beautiful and the pool was fabulous. It seems they have thought of everything, we felt very pampered. The beach is gorgeous - white sands and clear blue water. The pool is huge - it has three swim up bars that also serve lunch (really good chicken/shrimp tacos with a side of habanero salsa!). The landscaping is beautiful. It is just a relaxing, very nice hotel. We enjoyed it immensely!

Huge but nice
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

the hotel was not full at all and we got a room not really nicely located, I think it's was a bit a shame. The fact you have to pay to go on one of the big beds around the swimming pool is also quite a pity; it's a little bit frustrating.

The staff is very nice, the swimming pool is huge and quite heavenly. The little restaurant nearby the swimming pool is very nice and the breakfast is great. The atmosphere and decoration of the global hotel are nice.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The sweetest hotel in the zone
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Nothing. Everything about my stay was wonderful.

This place was so beautiful inside and out. I loved the views from the room, the pool, the gym, etc. I would recommend it to everyone I know and will return one day soon. Great location!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Learn English guys and make good coffee
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Nobody knows English besides reception and room service! The waiters are so-so! The second is coffee. It's terrible everywhere!

Everything except two things

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Honeymoon like a dream
    • Junior Suite with Ocean View

Room cleaning entering the room without making sure that there is no one insead. Happend couples of times.

Staff are available professionals and kind. Food is extraordinary, several restaurants within the hotels and all are great and delicious. Surrounding, furniture, flowers, live music in lobby, live music in restaurants were amazing and gives great atmosphere. For our honeymoon they upgraded our room and give us free entry to the fantastic spa and congrats our stay with champagne and cake in the room. The sea is comfortable and looks like heaven, white sand and torquise water. The view from all rooms are great.

Browse Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun traveller photo gallery