Reviews of Fiesta Americana Merida 5 stars

Paseo Montejo No 451 Esq Av Colon, 97000 Mérida, Mexico

#17 of 113 hotels in Mérida

• Superior King Room

The elevator kept giving us trouble, it wouldn't read our key cards and would not move as a result. Also, the mall on the ground level was an eyesore and an inconvenience.

The location can't be beat. Close to the airport, Walmart and so many other amenities. The free breakfast in the morning was amazing! This is not your typical cold eggs-bacon-coffee. There was fresh juice and agua frescas, chilaquiles, yogurt smoothie bowls, the works. The room itself was clean and simple, nothing over the top luxurious. The entire property is huge and there is a mall on the ground floor. I did happen to stay at the Hyatt directly across the street and that hotel slightly edges out the Fiesta American Merida. The overall facilities and rooms are nicer and more elegant. Had I not stayed there first, I probably would have rated the Fiesta Americana a little higher.

• Club King Room

The location of the hotel is a little way from the historical centre but it's very easy and cheap to get an uber in to town.

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms spacious. All the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We particularly appreciated the free parking and valet service.

• Superior King Room

It is a bit old. It has only one restaurant and it’s in the middle of the lobby which is not very comfortable. Rooms need more light

Room very comfortable

Nothing....Nothing at all!

This was my first trip to Merida and thanks to you and all your staff I’m making it a point to return soon! The totally welcoming attitude everywhere in Merida! You are a FIRST CLASS facility’s!

• Club King Room

The only thing I would ask them to improve are the TV channels Would like more options in English After a long day it would have been nice to veg in front of TV

Location great Staff very friendly Bed comfortable Clean well kept Restraunt food good

• Club Double Room

We liked everything.

The staff are helpful, and they give you what you want. We wanted people to leave us alone. They left us alone. If we needed help, they were at the ready

I might be a bit too pricey. Like I said, everything is alright but it is a bit old and the price could be friendlier

All good. I don’t think I have a complaint or something to be unsatisfied. Comfortable beds. Big rooms. Delicious food.

they gave a suit on top of where they had construcuion and wasent told by anybody, next morning got waken at 8 am by loud noises of contruccion. very un happy with the hole expereince.

• Superior King Room

Do not get lured into paying extra for the Fiesta Club on the 5th floor. There is nothing and it's not worth it. Better to just buy breakfast downstairs at the restaurant.

The breakfast were super rich, room was very nice with all hotel amenities. Pool was also nice. The location is awesome, the main avenue is right next to the hotel. Parking downstairs for free in the shopping mall. Staff was super friendly.

The ac was very loud and I could easily hear what was going on in the lobby (I was in the 2nd floor)

The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the shower was amazing too

Don’t let it fall , needs more maintaining , in general ( stay there 3 times in the past) can see the difference

Exess to mAin part of the city ( location )

• Superior King Room

Gave us a smoking room. Almost no internet connection

The fact that they offered us to moved to a new room following the assignment of a smoking one and as the internet was not working

Staff friendliness could have been better. The hotel outside could be cleaner, we took a walk and saw garbage around the back area. Our room had a weird smell, it did not feel clean, found hairs around th toilet area. I was not impressed with the breakfast buffet.

• Superior King Room

One night the hotel had organised a karaoke for a group which could be heard very loudly in the room until around 2 am. The staff was not very quick at reacting to complaints the same night but did make an effort to compensate the next date.

Very good location.

• Superior King Room

I really don't have anything at all negative to say about the property.

This was a wonderful property with a fantastic staff. Nothing was out of place and the restaurants and food were excellent. There were a total of 4 of of with 2 rooms and we had a fantastic time. One of the wonderful perks of this hotel is that there is a shopping mall on the bottom level with wonderful clothing, gifts, and more. Also the hotel had a great pool and the service was outstanding--add to that an outstanding location and you have a wonderful vacation!

Only that the A/C throughout the property is maintained too cold!!!

The overall standards at this hotel are comparable to the top Hyatt or Hilton properties, the staff have been trained to be best and they perform at their best always!

• Superior King Room

We wanted to sleep, and they put us on the first floor. There was live music really loud up until 2 AM coming from the lobby; and tons of kids and teenagers running around our floor being extremely loud. We needed to be up at 5 AM to catch our flight. We just could not get the rest we needed.

The gym facilities are bad. The "spa" is not a spa. For the customer of the spa that want to use the sauna, locker, shower and toilets they have to cross the entire gym to access the cabin for the massage or any service that spa offer. Also the clients have to cross the hallway that divide the cabin for massage and the gym. The pool was closed for three days. something was wrong with the water. The hotel sent us to the hotel across the street to use the pool.

Everything.!

To be honest with you there was nothing that we didn't like about Merida. We just LOVED this city!

We all just LOVED Merida! What a fantastic city to visit. We spent every night downtown eating at four star restaurants, went on a horse drawn carriage ride, listened to good music from people in the streets. We felt VERY safe walking around downtown. Wish we could have stayed longer...

The rooms are located around a central open area from ground floor to top floor, so all the noise from the lower floor dining room travels up to all rooms. It was a bit noisey at times. Although I was there for a conference and booked at the conference venue for convenience - if I go to Merida again for a holiday I would book closer to 'Centro' to be nearer to the action. It is a bit far to walk in the heat so taxi's were required. At peak times it is hard to get a taxi back out of town back to the hotel. I had one family barge in front of me to get a taxi that I had flagged down and had to walk for another 20 minutes to get another one.

Quality hotel with friendly helpful staff. Room service was prompt and good value. Being Australian with not much idea about tipping - I think I grossly overtipped everywhere by Mexican standards. In the end the room-service staff stamped my receipt with 'Servicio Includio' (or words to that effect) so that I stopped giving them more money ! Taxi's from the hotel are the same. It costs $50MXN to get into 'centro' in the white taxis. I gave them tips to begin with, but found out later that a yellow taxi (with a meter) costs about $25MXN. It seems that tips for the white taxis are included. Oh well, never mind.

I did not like that hotel staff would come in my room most days around mid-day, turn the tv and lights on - I suppose so that there would be calming "ambiance" when I arrived at the end of the day - but for me it just represents a waste of energy/electricity and a feeling of someone invading my space. I understand it was meant as a nice touch, but it had the opposite effect on me.

The room was comfortable, the bathroom fairly spacious. The restaurants associated with the hotel are excellent.

Pool filter broke down and pool was closed for days. Fitness room had nice machines but was much too warm

Food at the hotel restaurant is excellent. Room was nice. Beautiful atrium with lovely skylight but hilarious pond with rock pile. Overall decent but has the potential to be so much better.

Air conditioning did not work very well. Reported the problem and it was 'fixed' but still did not work. Whole system probably needs a serious update. This critical since Merida is so hot...

I didn't like their late afternoon meal service which you can get on the 5th floor between 17:00-23:00. Almost nothing edible.

Close to Walmart, located in the safe neighbourhood

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Early morning traffic noise in some rooms

Staff is outstanding, breakfast buffet is the best in the city. In fact, even if you don't stay here visit for the buffet, get here early.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Everything was excellent. Can't think of something. Thank you very much, we enjoyed our stay.

Everything, they even iron my dress. Everyone is so courteous. The food was amazing, the location couldn't be better. I was in a hurry and in less than 1 hour they ironed my night dress.

Two out of three nights they forgot to replace our towels but no biggie! We called and they brought them in no time!

The breakfast is delicious and the staff is very kind!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Superior King Room

Everything is clean and comfy. Was a great place to stay for a couple of nights. It's a bit of a walk to the downtown activities but we didn't mind as you can walk down the beautiful streets admiring the fallen mansions

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Superior King Room

Clean the balconies (leftover cigarette butts and weeds). Allow guests to put restaurant charges on the room bill - we weren't allowed to charge dinner to our room.

Large hotel, with all the amenities you might need. Coffee maker in room, large king sized bed, little balcony to step outside and lovely bathroom. We used Merida as a base to explore various cenotes in the area, and this hotel is close to many restaurants- many of which are American but still ok. Close to the cultural centre and helpful friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior King Room

Dirty and cold pool, steam room and jacuzzi out of order, 45 min line to be seated at breakfast buffet. Absolutely not worth the money without amenities.

Fantastic bed

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Superior King Room

Was so disappointed there was no one at the pool to serve drinks or food. The bar staff was more interested in chatting then customers

The hotel was beautiful and location perfect for the bus from Cancun. Easy taxi ride into town and a Starbucks a block down

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior King Room

Booking price did not equate to what I was charged. Could not rationalize the difference. Taxes were extra, but also three currencies confuse the matter.

Room service

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The rooms are very small, they are ok for 2 people but we have booked one for 3 and we couldn't move around. There is no proper wardrobe, hence it's difficult to place your clothes properly. The hotel offered us a room upgrade with a small breakfast included, It's not worthy as the breakfast options are limited and the rooms are all the same. The pool is rather small and in the shade (except one little corner) all day, and there is no bar there nor you can take food. Water wasn't running properly and few days didn't run at all or was freezing cold, to fix it it took a while. Room service is ridiculously slow and not at the standards it should be.

It's a nice hotel, kind of fancy but nothing special as pretty dated and certainly not the starts it is listed. The restaurants options are ok and the staff is very friendly. Location is ok, even though far away from the center. You need always a taxi.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Do Not Blame the hotel for the internet - it's Mexico in general. THIS IS NOT A DISLIKE, instead I would like it to be considered as a suggestion to help your employees interact with your guest. 1. Room Service: have a direct line, don't keep transferring your guest. Have a designated Spanish/English speaking person. 2. In Room Service Menu: put all items with a number (i.e. 1. 2. 3. etc) for each item. Help your sales by moving more service faster. 3. Ice Machines: fix them and mark them clearly on your floor plans which should be on every guest door along with emergency exits. 4. Phone directions: Be specific on HOW TO DIAL (i.e. landline or cellular) I understand the landline you have doesn't pay like it use to BUT that is no excuse for not informing your guest. You charge for every pickup, as you should, but, you DON'T explain the difference. Miss Diana Trueba had to do this after all my phone charges were applied. 5. Elevators: When checking in either have your Front Desk handout directions along with the key OR post in Spanish/English next to control panels.

This makes my second time and I will always stay here because of the staff. HUGE Thank You to Miss Diana Trueba (Front Concierge Desk) This Lady is an angel with her wings hidden by the phones she has on both ears, all the while her hands are either on a keyboard OR writing on her notepad. Her English is spot on. Her follow through and commitment shows in everything she does.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Energy was out few times. Breakfast was not included in a suit. Once used a mini bar - next day it was closed and sealed!! How come in 4*hotel?! No mini safe in the room. Strong smell of chlorum at the hotel. Very overpriced. Towels haven't been changed (tho once lady rough additional towel at 7 pm !

Receiption and consierge staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The discrimination against black tea drinkers, who either couldn't get it for beakfast or had to pay extra. The often lousy wifi in our rom. You needed to go to a landing overlooking the atrium to get reasonable wifi.

The concierge service getting us onto good tours to archaeological sites

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Superior King Room

Too far a walk to town center especially in the heat

Grand hotel with a mini shopping mall, nice eating places in and around the hotel, an ADO bus stop

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

In some rooms the air conditioners are unable to cool to the desired temperature.

We always choose this property because the hotel is always clean and the beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Club King Room

The air conditioner was on all night and made some noise.

The room was spacious, decorated with elegant details, and quality construction! Staff always has a smile & is attentive!

• Superior King Room

Staff was great, very helpful. Room was very clean.

i liked everything

the area

• Superior King Room

I like all stayed there quit a few times

• Club Double Room

check in and checkout time

everything even the taxi availability outside

The rest of the meals. Some of the meals were unrecognizable.

The location was perfect and spacious rooms!

it was very noisy

huge beds

• Superior King Room

The concierge staff, Diana was a very pleasant and helpful girl.

• Superior King Room

My room was not what Booking.com led me to believe.

The staff eventually became helpful

All great

High quality great service and location

Parking

• Club King Room

Most staff very nice and helpful. A few staff in executive lounge afternoon seamed to not care much.

• Superior King Room

The bed was old and sunken Mattress needs changing

• Superior King Room

Beautiful property. Everything was first-class!

It was a bit noisy. We could hear what happened in the lobby.

The installations for handicapped people are good.

Sunday brunch. excellent

To me it was excellent

Friendly staff and location of the property

• Superior King Room

water and coffee could have been complimentary for the type of hotel. No toilet brush in bathroom.

the super king bed was awesome

The old notcity

Friendly staff.

Extremely comfortable, staff outstanding, service always available, exceeded my expectations

No kingsize bed, Tennis Court directly in Front of our Room

Best location, friendly staff, clean and comfortable,.... Very memorable stay,

room not cool enough

brunch !!!!

• Club King Room

The rooms were very nice and the service was excellent

la cochintia pibil

The breakfast was very good, but quite expensive.

Very nice staff, convenient position, high quality rooms and great services.

Dirty/old

Good wi-fi

It great hotel to stay at. I will only stay there from now on when I go down.

Pool

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Club King Room

No poolside service except on Sunday.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

El aíre acondicionado

En general estuvo bien mi estancia

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Cleanliness, bathroom, pool, pool service

Location, brekfast

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Superior King Room

Everything was excellent, except view from the window. It was OK,but not the best The bed in the room was very very comfortable

Browse Fiesta Americana Merida traveller photo gallery