Reviews of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa 5 stars

Avenida Francisco M Ascencio Km 2.5, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#12 of 111 hotels in Puerto Vallarta

Super fun time
    • Fiesta Club Room Ocean View

The food was excellent and drinks were non stop. The adults only pool had some great snacks too, sashimi and ceviche to go along with top shelf liquor. And the service was excellent! Make sure you get club level, it is worth the extra money! The club level snacks and drinks on your floor make you feel like a rockstar! We had a group of 6 and we all stayed on the club level, it was worth it! Club level also gives you access to the adult pool, you have to pay extra for daily access to the pool if you are not on the club level.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The staff at this property was amazing. Everyone was super helpful and friendly.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The staff was amazing. Very friendly and helpful. The food was great. The fish tacos, the ceviche and the Italian restaurant were terrific. A wonderful value and a great place for families. The adult pool area was lovely and Nacho went above and beyond in terms of service. Polo was gave us incredible service down at the beach area. And Rafael was amazing when my daughter stepped on a sea urchin. Everyone was so incredible nice and helpful. We had a great time at this resort.

Everything was fantastic at Fiesta Americana!
    • Fiesta Club Room Ocean View

I didn't particularly like the location, as being closer to the Zona Romantica would have been ideal. But we had a rental car, so that really wasn't an issue.

we absolutely loved the WELCOME message on the bed! Such a neat, personal touch. The food in all the restaurants was excellent, and the adults only pool was fantastic!

Over all great
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Didn't like people pressureing to buy shares if people want then it should be there choices not tricked by affording it and not receiving anything not good very disappointing in that

Everything was great

This hotel is 4 stars not 5.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

We did not like the food quality and the drinks option. We don’t drink alcohol and non of the drinks were done right. The restaurants had many restrictions and limitations and the asian restaurant was the worst of all. When we complained, Management failed to contact us. Room service was very slow and they have tendency of forgetting your order.

This hotel is 4 stars not 5. For a family trip this hotel was nice as the beach was amazing and close. The pool was nice and staff were very nice.

Staff very friendly, dinners are excellent, very family...
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

If you are looking for a beautiful beach isn’t the right place, go to grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta.

Staff very friendly, dinners are excellent, very family place. Balance between price and quality and everything are great!!

Wife and I had a great time. I talked to others about it already. All great memories.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Can NOT think of anything that stood out .

The italian restaurant was WONDERFUL and GREAT service there. The Octopus tostadas and whole fish also at Cervechies (spelling) was great. The maid service was fantastic.

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food an drinks.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

They try to sell you a membership right away, and when you decline the offer they become rude and even insulting. The « 30 » minute meeting is actually over an hour.

Service was great and the food was pretty good! Francisco (the server) and Rafael (pool server) showed us great service. They were warm and approachable.

Amazing getaway to paradise!
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The breakfast and lunch buffets were amazing! Great food choices and fresh food. The Mexican restaurant was our favorite for dinner. The whole staff was amazing and wonderful. We felt like royalty!

Some really awesome staff, everyone is making such a great...
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

It feels like the staff are constantly trying to upsell certain things to you, which is understandable

Some really awesome staff, everyone is making such a great effort to ensure your stay is as pleasant as possible. Guillermo, Ramon, Fabiola, JC, Polo and Marianne were all outstanding

Booked this resort last minute, as we were boarding plane. Turned out to be a very good choice.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The only thing that I noticed was the refrigerator in the room did not seem to be working, or maybe it wasn't meant to be a fridge, just a mini-bar. At any rate, it wasn't a problem for me.

Food was very good, the hotel property was very well maintained, the location was great, staff was friendly and helpful. I actually extended my stay 2 more days.

Service is Excellent!
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

They charged me in USD and the final Euro price I paid was 200-300 Euro more vs. What booking.com confirmed me when I booked. Is this not one of the reasons of why I chose a rate that I could not cancel in the first place????

Service is Excellent! Everywhere and even better @ La Cevicheria

Staff were friendly helpful and responsive to requests.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The room enhanced my suspicion that bookings through a third party result in inferior rooms. Ours seemed bare, though furniture and room finish were well done. When I finally made requests, for a coffee maker, ice bucket, and robes, all were immediately supplied. I should never have to make such requests, and rarely do.

Staff were friendly helpful and responsive to requests.

Nice, comfortable 4 1/2 star hotel. Not too big and staff on the whole were excellent.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Pool a bit too shallow, mini bar never kept stocked (had to ask every time for water) Music in main bar early evening much too loud. Asked for it to be turned down and someone else turned it up.

Breakfasts, restaurants. Nice room.

The food was excellent.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Rail drinks only, which was fine for us, but important to know if you like top shelf.

The food was excellent. The staff was exceptional (Rafael P., Israel, Carolina and the evening lobby bartender in particular). We had great massages as well.

Staying here is what vacations are supposed to be like. I'll use Expedia next time
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Booking.com did not honor the price I was quoted when I originally booked the hotel 7 months in advance. I ended up paying $800.00 more than the original quoted rate. I paid it, what was I supposed to do. I

Amazing staff, one of the staff brought me a cup of coffee on the beach, I just asked her where I just wanted to know where I could get a cup of joe, and before I knew it she handed it too me. Fish Tacos were fantastic

amazing and would come back for sure
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

I think there needs to be more fans in the out door restaurants. It was way to hot and only 1 air conditioned restaurant

I loved the 9th floor special food and bar area. Also the staff was amazing and so nice.

Over-rated and below par compared with other Fiesta Americana resorts
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

This is probably the worst beach area in the whole of Puerto Vallarta. We decided to dine one evening at the Asian restaurant. For some obscure reason, this restaurant is now adults-only, which is absolutely ridiculous since this is a family resort, and Fiesta Americana actually has another adults-only resort in Puerto Vallarta. Families with children were only allowed to eat outside the restaurant in the lobby area where there was no air-conditioning, not even a ceiling fan. The main restaurant for breakfast is located in a "dungeon" which is obviously the hotel's event/ball room - it was dark, dowdy and crowded. Since the hotel is currently constructing what appears to be some VIP space, it seems the main restaurant has been relocated into this horrible, unsuitable space. Upon check-out, the temporary hold on our credit card was not removed, and we had to phone the hotel several weeks later to get them to fix this. The area around the pool is crowded and it was difficult to find empty pool loungers - made worse by the fact that people head down and reserve chairs early in the morning even when they are not using the space.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The view over the bay was extraordinary and mesmerizing. The afternoon snacks around the pool were a nice touch. Our daughter had fun with the varied activities in the kids' club.

Great family experience we are looking forward to create similar memories in the future
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Close captioning on TV and maybe some board games available to fill in time. Also a word of caution, not all the beach vendors are trustworthy. Get some more prices for the services they offer.

Great food and drinks for various tastes. Staff very friendly and tried different activities to keep you engaged. They have some dedicated space for kids and teens but wasn't advertised too much. The room and balcony was spacious for family of 4 with a teenager and a 9 yr old. This is one of the hotels that was designed so that most of the rooms have an ocean view, which we greatly appreciated. The property is also a short taxi ride away from marina, the starting point for ocean activities outside of the hotel Overall a good experience. It would have been great if we could get close captioning on TV :) , and if there were some board games available to fill in time in the evenings.

The services was great. All staff were friendly and willing to help in any way possible.
    • Family Room

Since we travel with small children who are picky eaters maybe offering more fruit and veggies options during the pool hours.

The room was perfect size for my family. Our last night there we had a private family dinner on the beach the service provided my Rosa and Melqui was outstanding. They attending to all our needs and made our evening with family and friends a memorable night. They were great hosts and took extra steps to make our night a success. Thank you!

Everything and everyone!
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

That I had to leave so soon! 😉I really can't find one thing to complain about.

Everything and everyone! Very friendly! Excellent food, good beach, excellent staff! The Italian restaurant was delicious! The breakfast buffet was also awesome. Poolside service and also service on the beach! They had fun activities throughout the day too! I even did aqua aerobics! Great instructors, made it fun! No reservations needed for the restaurants at night, we did have to wait but we were a big group so I didn't mind. Staff was extremely friendly! Had 2 birthdays to celebrate and they came out with a special, personalized cake. It's an awesome place to go with or without family.

It's a good place to go and have fun. The staff is very nice and professional
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The Wifi is not good. It is not good idea to travel in July is too hot and we were sweating all the time.

You really don't need to go out of the hotel they have different activities for kids and adults. The staff is very friendly and nice. The food is good.

Need to be careful with food, very unsanitary
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The property management was so cheap. They even charge for using the scale. They handle food very unsanitary. The chef at the grill bar by the pool. He opened raw hamburger patties with his hands. He then grilled the buns with the same hands without washing his hands. They gave me the chips/salsa that had been eaten by someone else. I saw only half of the salsa bow with mess around it. That was only a few examples....

The food was good for all-inclusive.

Mexico at its best , simply amazing .
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Amazing place. The staff was wonderful , did everything to accommodate us, always with a smile . Beautiful hotel and food .The staff is what makes this hotel extra especial . Would come back on the spring.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Love Puerto Vallarta!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Drinks were very mild, but the taste was delicious.

Japanese restaurant was amazing. Everything we tried was delicious and no extra cost because of the all inclusive hotel. You could ask for brand name alcohol beverages. When made with your brand they were delicious. At the pool swim up bar, there was one person who should be recognized...her name is Brenda. She never stopped working and serving the guest.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Sweet but too short a visit.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

That we were not able to stay longer before returning to our jobs.

The entire staff were: - efficient @ their jobs - pleasant @ every encounter - NOT high pressure when inquiring about tours or activities.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Good resort with very good restaurants and service.

Buffet

The buffet at resort was good but not great however the restaurants were excellent. The food around the pool was also very good. Drinks were good and service was superior.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Great stay at Fiesta Americana
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

This resort provides personal and excellent service. The beach is fantastic , and the pool area is spacious enough to accommodate activities and swimmers. Excellent food whether from the buffet or a la carte. The spa is beautiful with relaxing treatments. We will definitely return !

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Family Room

Need more pool loungers. More understanding of gluten free diet and options for that. One night had issue of not being able to get into any restaurants because the kitchen staff we overloaded.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Lots of food options at all times of the day. Nice pool and beach. Good gym.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Relaxing! Represents Mexico at its finest!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The construction noise. The on-site sound of the sander, drilling may make it hard to enjoy the sound of the ocean. IF you want complete peace and quiet, stay at a resort for couples only far away from hotel row.Perhaps it's better to shut half the hotel down where the noise is at for 1 week to get all the upgrades and repairs done. The lower floors could hear it all.

Positive staff vibe. Made you feel special. Views from the rooms are spectacular. The hotel pays attention to little details. You know they want to make you come back. If you paid for all-inclusive, eat in moderation. You want to try everything which might be bad for you! Waiters Sergio, Alejandro, Emilio, Miguel and Luis were super busy but never failed to greet and smile back. Rocio our housekeeper went out of her way to give us more water and toiletries. Bar tenders Fabiola and Manuel and the other bar lady talked to you as if you have been there longer than a week. Why do we remember names? Because they all left a positive impression.

Fiesta Americana is the perfect place to relax and have fun!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

That we could not stay longer!

Everything! It was definitely a dream vacation. The food was absolutely delicious! Hats off to the chefs!! The service of the entire staff was amazing and everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend the Fiesta Americana in Puerto Vallarta! It is conveniently located near the downtown area. Lots to do and easy to get to where you would like to go.

Location and the food were amazing.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Location and the food were amazing. The staff was very nice all the time.

The view from my room, the chula vista breakfast buffet, wifi

The view from my room, the chula vista breakfast buffet, wifi

Excellent value, excellent property, staff extra courteous...
    • Fiesta Club Room Ocean View

Excellent value, excellent property, staff extra courteous and accommodating.

All of them is was a great experience, we are coming back.
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

No hay servicio de comida 24 horas.

All of them is was a great experience, we are coming back.

The adult pool was amazing and had some of the best food in...
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The drinks were a little inconsistent.

The adult pool was amazing and had some of the best food in the resort. Our room had a beautiful view.

Go ing back asap

No fish tacos after 5pm

The staff works so hard and it shows

Excellent estancia
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Variedad de la comida, atencion.

Relaxing
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

The staff service was more than excelente any where in the hotel the staff are very nice

I had a great time. Very relaxing. The staff Make sure we had everything we needed
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Not enough chairs around the pool

The food was great. The beds were comfortable.

I love the people that work there they are friendly

Everything was so good!

Everything was exellent!

Service

Poor coffee and wine

Service

Great value in PV. Comfortable and relaxing.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Sales person was too pushy

The restaurants were quite good for an all inclusive at a good price

Can't wait to go back!
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Maybe a little more activities for 8-9 year old kids.

Plenty of food options and they were all good. Very friendly and warm people.

Great family vacation!
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The sales manager Eduardo was very aggressive and rude.

The staff and service was excellent. The restaurants were excellent.

Beautiful Vacation
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

The food, staff and view were amazing

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Beautiful Place!
    • Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Breakfast Restaurant, needs to be more organised.

Service is amazing! The location couldn't be better.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Best vacation
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Food is excellent,staff are friendly and helpful, ambiance and hotel are great

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Friendliness of staff.
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Was not sure where to eat, how to find towels etc for pool use and so forth.

Friendliness of staff. Good food.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

If you just want to sit by the pool and relax, this is a good place. Excellent staff, great beds.

Entertainment Food could be better

Beds and pillows

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Love this place!!!
    • Superior Room Partial Ocean View

Such a great place- awesome staff, great food and so relaxing!

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Comfy beds, bedding and pillows.

Comfy beds, bedding and pillows. Nice view from room. Nice range and quality of food and drinks. Staff were amazing - so friendly and going out of their way to make our holiday comfortable and relaxed. An easy enough walk into town, cheap taxi ride if preferred. Good beach for swimming, very pretty outlook.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Overall was ok.

Food quality was not good. The bathroom looked moldy . I asked for an iron before going to a wedding and I never got it. I asked for water to be sent to our room and never got it. There were people in the pool with undershirt and t shirt. It is not hygienic and I did not like it. There was no activities in the evening and basically dead after dinner. You expect more from a resort.

Overall was ok. The view of our room was amazing.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

big pool, good area design for pool and the bar, close to...

when I arrived in my room it took the reception 20 minutes to bring up my bag. some loud guests were partying till 1am and the hotel didn't do anything about it. small reception staff (2 people mostly)

big pool, good area design for pool and the bar, close to beach, lots of available benches to lie on, good drink and food service around the pool, towels always available, lots of fun activities

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

I loved the service.

Although, the hotel is all inclusive and spa, the spa is not included in the package. You have to pay extra money in order to use the steam bath and sauna.

I loved the service. Everyone was very kind and in great help. Almost anything I needed they provided. Also, like the variety of the food, location is superb.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Access to taxis

Everything, requested King size bed at reservation which was not available until later in our stay. Initial room was a joke had to move. Asked for change of $100 US bill for smaller US $'s but staff would not but will take US cash for pesos all day. Made spa reservations thru hotel staff via email & received confirmation & reservations were never communicated to spa. WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER FIESTA AMERICANA AGAIN

Access to taxis

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

First all inclusive visit.

Food was not great. OK but not great. Except for Asian restaurant which was very good. Every room service ordered....hot food was cold.

First all inclusive visit. Enjoyed not having to deal with money

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

staff, food, beach, pool, room, view, entertainment,...

tipping structure, I feel the chefs and some other not in your face staff deserve a share of the tips, A common share tipping bowl should be introduced and shared by all. This way the staff themselves will keep each other on their toes. This way the bowl will fill up irrespective and the service will be at the highest level, your staff needs to work as a team and be rewarded via tips as a team.

staff, food, beach, pool, room, view, entertainment, location.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

The hotel is centrally located.

The drinks are on the weak side. And can barely taste the alcohol. The mini bar in room has few selection of beer to choose from.

The hotel is centrally located. It's employees are all outstanding can't say enough about this place because everything was just amazing. The hotel is very clean and nice. The food is delicious. Good choices on the selection you sure won't be disappointed. The hotel is on the smaller side which I prefer. Everyone is so nice and make you feel very welcome. Room service is on time and 24 hours. The value for what you get is,well worth the stay. I look forward to coming back here again and can't wait.I'll definitely be making this my choice to stay at. Overall great experience and beautiful place to visit.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Friendly, approachable staff.

I got stung by a tiny scorpion on our last night, but that was noone's fault but that tiny, egotistical arachnid jerk's. Such a napoleon complex.

Friendly, approachable staff. Great drinks and food offered all day, many options, all inclusive. Charming property, superb service.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The food was better here than the five star Four Seasons in...

Pool was a bit dirty when we arrived Saturday late afternoon. it was much better the following days. They cancelled the activities on Monday (karaoke?) supposedly due to lower occupancy...

The food was better here than the five star Four Seasons in Punta Mita where we stayed a few days before coming to Puerto Vallarta. Staff were all friendly. Great location, pool and beach.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

The rooms are old, outdated and impersonal.

The rooms are old, outdated and impersonal... The food and service are average at best. Waiters are totally disorganized. Only bright spot is the food at the Ceviche restaurant by the beach.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Location is decent, the staff are overall friendly and...

1) The hotel tries to promote the Fiesta Americana vacation club and get you to their meeting. We did not know what that was about and agreed. As it turned out, instead of the planned 1.5 h business breakfast and presentation, it took us 3.5 h to get out of there. The sales guys try to get you to sign up at any cost. 2) The breakfasts were good but lunch and dinner choice was significantly poorer. Also I expected more fruits and veggies

Location is decent, the staff are overall friendly and helpful. The beach and pool are good. I would give the hotel a solid "Good" rating. We enjoyed our stay there. Note that this is not the luxurious all-inclusive you might be expecting, but rather solid ~4-stars

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

The resort is beautiful.

The resort is beautiful. All people are very friendly. You dont feel a stranger but a big family. Big thank you to Vicente he was the entertainer he did a super job as well as Julio. I do recommend this resort.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

The staff went out of their way to be friendly, attentive...

The staff went out of their way to be friendly, attentive and helpful. In particular; Jassai' - the Chief Concierge; Juvencio - absolutely the Best waiter at the F.A.; and running a close second, Gume - a very friendly funny guy. Our Many thanks also to Martin the F & B Manager and Irish Mike the Sales Chief.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

9th floor had breakfast/snacks/appetizers everyday...

9th floor had breakfast/snacks/appetizers everyday & bottles of different liquor. The staff were amazing. This was our first time there & probably will be our annual trip from now on. It's kids friendly too.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2015

Food was delicious!

That I had to leave and the receptionist did not fully explain everything. I had to ask the basic questions that should come voluntarily and directly from her!

Food was delicious! Lots of Variety! Most of the staff are very friendly! Especially the server Marcos at the Asian Place.. Be sure to try the Asian Place it is the best!! And I love love the housekeepers, very tidy and they always check on you! Love the place! Would definitely go back! Hopefully they come up with an adult only section

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

The pool, the staff, helado frito at the tiantang restaurant...

The pool, the staff, helado frito at the tiantang restaurant, the Mexican festival, the beach, the weather, and the laid back attitude was just awesome.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

The room is very good.

If you have bad luck it might rain, so forget it! The hotel is not prepared for raining weather, all the places are opened so you´re probably gong to feel cold and wet. The most disappointing was the quality of food and beer. Lines and wait for all the restaurants and very poor food and beer.

The room is very good.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2015

We were there for rest and relaxation and got it

My wife had a beef filet that was tough and grizzley at the italian restaurant however the manager Mario looked after us very well

We were there for rest and relaxation and got it

• Reviewed: 2 February 2015

We rarely do in all inclusive because the quality of the...

The blow dryer in the room was rather archaic.

We rarely do in all inclusive because the quality of the food is poor. We were presently surprised at the quality, selection and the presentation of the food (only breakfast was buffet - all other meals were served in restaurants with great presentation and service). The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was great and water stayed hot. The grounds and beach were wonderful - plenty of room, lots of palm trees, an incredible view and lots of palapas and seating. The staff was very friendly and helpful; we really enjoyed meeting them and they made the visit special.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

The churros in el mexicano were amazing.

The food at the restaurants wasn't as good as we as hoped and the range wasnt very big. But very tasty

The churros in el mexicano were amazing. The spa service was also very good. The grounds and hotel rooms were kept completely spotless, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.