Reviews of Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco 5 stars

Avenida Costera Miguel Aleman 97 Fraccionamiento Farallon, Costera Acapulco, 39690 Acapulco, Mexico

#6 of 68 hotels in Acapulco

• Deluxe Room

One should pay a deposit to purchase from the pool restaurant or from room service, without this you always need to carry cash or a credit card. The clerk did not explain this during check-in and while at the pool none of the staff could give me a bottle of water for a few pennies unless I go to my room to get cash or a credit card. Most staff spoke Spanish only, no English. Only two slow lifts for the whole hotel. The fire alarm went off at 2:00 AM but it took us half an hour to realise what the beeping noise was. The whole hotel was evacuated due to hotel equipment being on fire on a high floor. At 3:30 AM the firemen left and we were told to go back to the rooms, that it was safe to use the lifts, although the whole building was still filled with smoke. At 4:00 AM the duty manager called our room to ask if we were alright. And all along the party music from across the road was so loud that we could not sleep a wink until it finally quieted down at 07:00 AM.

Being there out of season meant that there were mostly other locals at the hotel, giving the feeling that we were not surrounded by tourists. The pool is nice, and the views of the ocean from most rooms are quite good. It was a really unpleasant stay, but the friendly staff at the checkout and the follow up by customer service and the managers made it better.

• Deluxe Room

Nothing was good. My ipad was stolen in the hotel’s pool area and the staff did nothing. Brenda, the hotel’s manager ran out of hotel’s responsability and was totally negligent with me and my friend. We had to stay a hole day in the tourist police station to make a statement against the hotel. I’d already left to the hotel and nobody gave my ipad back or the corresponding amount of money. I’ll take a legal action against the hotel. Don’t go there.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is very old and u can notice it, my room had no safe box (they had to install as per my request) no hot water (they went to fix it) The pool is very cold

The hotel has great views of Acapulco bay

• Deluxe Room

Over-priced, had back pain due to overly-padded bed (comfy but not good for back support), extremely noisy neighborhood bars and dance clubs (sometimes even earplugs weren't enough)

Nice view of the ocean, nice rooms, nice staff, comfy pillows

• Deluxe Room

You have to get a card to get towels, if you forget the card the staff will not provide with towels even if you are wearing a bracelet (which you have to wear to use the facilities).

Location, the views and the beach are amazing.

• Deluxe Room

Very old rooms. A bit of old smell

There service at the pool and beach were beyond expectation and very good. They help you to find a spot or will make you a spot! The staff are very warm.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Room

Cleanliness (mold everywhere in the room). No breakfast. The restaurant near the swimming pool, was not that great, we went there to order 2 pizza fot takeaway, and when I payed, she asked me to pay for services (propina), even all she had to do was to bring 2 pizza, while I waited at the counter. The elderly waiter was very nice though, and spoke with us a lot, without ever asking for tips (so I happily tipped him). The staff at the beach is awful...they only make you feel like they should get as much money from you in the shortest time possible. Every 5 minutes someone is there to ask you if you want one more drink, even after you just ordered one. The main impression is poverty. The city looks very dangerous...you can’t fell like you are in vacation...so much army on the streets, that you feel you are about to get in the middle of an armed fight with the Cartel, any second you are out on the streets. You have no Uber in Acapulco, and taxi is expensive and feels dangerous...when you walk on the sidewalk, the drivers are honking, and ask you if you want taxi (while driving), even if they already have their car packed with 1 or 2 other clients.

Location, friendly staff, swimming pool, free wi-fi everywhere. Many thanks to Diana, who was very friendly.

• Deluxe Room

Every unfriendly personnel. We had to wait 45 minutes for the check-in and 45 minutes for the check-out and there was no air-condition at the reception. Genius-Advantage to arrive already at 1pm was not accepted. We had to wait until 3pm even when we arrived only at 2:40 pm.

• Deluxe Room

-As the hotel is right on the "Costera" ( the main avenue that runs along the bay ), the music from bars and clubs on the strip can be heard from the rooms during the night, specially at week-ends. -Our stay coincided with the rainy season, so I guess this might have contributed to some mouldy smell noticed in the corridor outside the room.

I got an upgrade to a junior suite, as I'd already stayed in this property within this year. The staff in general were always friendly, from reception, to the pools and restaurant crews. Lovely and friendly chamber maids too! I only had lunch once at the restaurant by the main swimming pool, and the food was delicious.

• Deluxe Room

aircon was not working when I arrived, because of a faulty control unit, but it got fixed within 15 min after I got into my room and complained, hotel is on the main street so it quite noisy from the traffic and the surrounding bars and discos, also a lot of pesky cab dirvers asking me if I want a cab or a girl (or maybe both)

beautiful view from the balcony (my room was on the 10th floor), big room, wifi worked great, excelllent pools with a superb view of the bay, direct access to the beach, good pizza at the pool

• Deluxe Room

They could offer a shuttle bus between airport and hotel.

pefect location, nice staff, perfect view from the balcony, comfortable beds, good food, nice pool!

• Deluxe Room

Service from some of the waiters working in the restaurant by the pool should be improved.

Hotel facilities and service are great. Good value for the price. Definitely recommended. Planning to go back to Acapulco and stay here again.

• Three-Bedroom Master Suite

Many stairs down to the beach area. An elevator down would be nice for those if us with mobility issues.

Beautiful suite with four beds made our stay very comfortable. Access to two pools, massage/spa and beach access. Walking distance to restaurants and bars. Great location and wonderful staff.

• Three-Bedroom Master Suite

The price if you made the reservation in the hotel was three times greater than if you made the reservation online at booking .com I also didn't like that their were a group of people trying to sell a membership in the hotel they wanted you to be a member of the hotel.

The property was clean and beautiful.I also enjoyed the music in bar at night the singer was awsome.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel insists that the guests wear coloured wrist bands, which is an outdated system and only highlights you in the street. The check in/out procedures are not fit for purpose. Needs renovating in some key areas.

Good food but overpriced. Concierge service were great.staff were friendly.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I guess what I didn't like was not having more days to spend more time at the hotel

Well I guess there is nothing more to tell, the answer on those questions say everything.

Service

I went there on Saturday, I did the check in after that one person invited us to fill some paperwork on a desk and invited us to a dinner buffet because her supervisor wanted to gave us the welcome.. After that when I woke up I was about to go out to the beach but those people could not leave me go away, they were selling me the timeshare vacation, I said I'm not interested I want to enjoy my trip I'm here only two days.. but they could not listen... I will never go in that place they even charged me for the parking :(((( , after that on Monday morning when I did the check out one of the sales person came to me and said you have to stay with me 90 min to explain the product of vacation or the hotel will charge me for the dinner...

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

booking.com's "Genius" membership promises Early/Late Checkout benefit here ... but the hotel didn't honor it. Also, very strong sewage odor in the room during the night, but all they did was spray a little air freshener in the room.

Good price ... but that's because property is trying to bring in new customers for marketing their time-share plans.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

The beed and the pillows where not soft... The bath was a little old. And the food in Crespolina restaurant was not according to the expensive price. It was not delicious.

The pool, the staff attention was excellent, the room service. The hotel location was perfect, very close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Wifi had good coverage but was slow in room. Breakfast and food in general is expensive - surrounding restaurants are literally half the price

Brilliant location practically above the beach. Hotel is cleverly designed at 90 degrees to the sea, so every room has a view of the sea, albeit a 90 degree view of it. Two good pools and direct access from hotel to beach. Gym is actually pretty decent, modern equipment and dumbells to 23kg. Walking distance to bars and restaurants. 3km from bus station.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

They make you wear wristbands, a lot of mosquitoes in the lobby.

View, location, one side of the hotel is quieter and we were on that side, comfortable bed, good shower.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

I had to pay a 20% taxes supplement on the Booking price. The price should be net. Check in takes a lot of time. It would be time to renew the false marble and the paintings.

Beach is fantastic. The sun does not enter the room.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

The only minor thing that bothered me was the loud music from nearby Bars & Nightclub. Since it was mild this did not bother me at all.

The hotel was in a perfect spot from all the local destinations. The rooms are spacious and cleaned daily. Pool was nice and clean there was always a sunbed waiting for you. Overall i would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

- Wifi was not working too well all the time. - Decor is a bit boring but none of those things detracted from a really nice experience at this hotel. We will definitely go back there.

- Everyone in the staff was super nice and attentive. That left a wonderful impression on us. They were always keen to help with a smile in their faces and made our stay so good. - Location is fantastic, everything at hand. - Access to beach and pool is great. - Loved the poolside beds and their big beach towels. - Views were breathtaking - We were given a courtesy late check out and even after that, the service was always fantastic. - Breakfast was so varied and plenty of food that we had to skip lunch!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Three-Bedroom Master Suite

The hotel has a unique position on the beach which is wasted because there is practicaly no room left on the beach. All is taken by restaurant tables, sellers and rental gear such as jets. The crowd is so dense that you either have to go far away or stay in the pool area. Also, so crowded place inevitably leads to the water (and beach) pollution, so be prepared to be accompanied by some dirt at all times. Apart from this, the hotel services are just perfect. Obviously, this is not a small family run hotel, so expect some reserved attitude. And... take some earplugs, just for case.

We liked the view, the hotel style, the accessibility of the hotel.

More food choices

Amazing views and customer service. The pool area is huge!

• Deluxe Room

Location, facilities,pool,staff, room was large, comfortable and clean. The view from the room was incredible. We had a wonderful experience.

• Deluxe Room

Everything was excellent! I love it! Unfortunately We couldn’t stay longer!

• Deluxe Room

one of the best places to stay in ACA +in the middle of everything +on site parking +great pool area/ beach access +friendly staff

• One-Bedroom Suite

the beds are amazing here, also the staff are the most friendly i have ever seen in a hotel

• Deluxe Room

the staff are amazing here

• Deluxe Room

There was no hot water in the shower through my whole stay. Anyway, the weather was hot already.

• Deluxe Room

The bathroom definitely needs renovation

Nice views from the room

Weather

• Deluxe Room

Beach front, view from our room

• Deluxe Room

I didn't like that I had to wait to much to get my room

Nothing to say I just liked

• Deluxe Room

The buffets was cold food and old dry.

• Three-Bedroom Master Suite

Easy access to the beach

• Deluxe Room

Música alta no lobby do hotel até meia-noite.

Piscinas

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

n/a

very nice place to be..

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

life in Acapulco is loud. Windows are single-glass and let enter noise from nightlife.

private beach protected with beach beds and umbrellas.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

Wish there were Bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary's at the breakfast buffet.

The suite, the pool, and beach club

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

The view from the balconies are excellent and the pool area is terrific.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Very bright hotel with a wonderful view and close to many restaurants

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Poor WIFI connection

• Deluxe Room

Room smells old or a bit unclean, and food is just okay.

Pool area, hotel location and very helpful hotel staff

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The noise from nearby live bands and music playing was very bad, not only loud even with patio doors closed but several nights until 5:30am!!! The smell of damp washing came from the air con so made us not use it a scented candle helped disguise it.

The pool area was nice

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

Great service with many genuinely kind people! We especially loved Diana, the Concierge, for her competence and efforts in finding us a deep water fishing trip despite our many whims. If you need help, speak to her!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Forced us to junior suite for 4 people. Has seperate room with large bed, but kids had a sofa bed that was very uncomfortable! Would have been more comfortable in a standard room with two queen beds but they only allow 2 people in those rooms or they charge you 450 extra pasos per person per night! Have to wear bracelets the entire trip so security knows who to let through to the pool so ended up with tan lines on my wrist.

Location was great. Middle of everything. Walking distance to restaurants. Pool is very nice. Laundry facility available. Jr suite has a kitchenette. Pool table in lobby.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

The fact that they don't allow any food&drink bought outside into the hotel. And they ask you to sign with these rules (during check-in). No outside food and drinks are allowed to the beach area. Long lines of people at the check-in counter. Not enough sunbeds. Expensive breakfast and it is not included to the room cost. High room price. Very noisy in the nights-there are night clubs with very loud music near. Very load even at very high floor and even with earplugs. Difficult to sleep. A lot of garbage at the beach and in the water.

Ocean view from the room. Room itself. Ice machine at the floor. Mantarays, turtles.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

The hotel has very nice equipments (multiple pools, nice gym), a direct access to the beach... the staff is friendly and helped us to decore our friends'room for their wedding.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2015

Human hair in two different plates delivered for room service breakfast. Lost my appetite. A 3:50am wake-up call for an early flight did not eventuate. Plenty of staff standing around. None with a clue.

The pool area and views

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

The beach was overcrowded with tables and chairs of restaurants, you basically could not see the sea. Additionally, you have to pay 300 pesos to have a seat on the beach, although you can consume that amount. Also, you have to pay for the parking.

We had an amazing view on the bay, and the hotel was generally nice

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

The restaurant and bars were bit expensive compared to other places

Hotel was clean and up to date. Staff was extremely nice and did anything you needed.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

Overcrowded, service takes forever, we didn't have breakfast included and the staff wanted to trade their marketing campaign that lasts 90 min for a breakfast and extra night. I wont go back for sure

The only thing I liked was the view

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Not one thing

Amazing Hotel. Amazing location and facilities. Vote perfectly located on the ocean front. Hotel a little tired but fab for the price you pay. The pool staff are especially amazing providing super entertainment for all the family.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The noise from local night clubs. Went on until 5.30 am

The room was excellent. Very clean and staff brilliant.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

Very good location!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

It is extremly loud, the dance club behind the hotel is so loud, that you feel, if the club would be in your room.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

Noise from party's everywhere around the hotel

Nice pool, beach, room, everything

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

oceanview, good staff, pools

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

At night was very loud!

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

Smell in the room, maybe from a/c system

Location, staff

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

Went on a busy weekend. Pools were crowded.

Nice big room, friendly staff. Beatiful view

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco traveller photo gallery