Reviews of Galeria Plaza Reforma 4 stars

Hamburgo 195, 06600 Mexico City, Mexico

#101 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

The taxi service they have outside the building is to expensive, we used UBER and EASY Taxi cheaper and safe.

Location, location it was perfect and the staff so nice people, they know how to treat their guess. The rooms are so clean, the bar is small but not crazy expensive. I will be back for sure.

• Standard Room

I paid for a 2 night stay but after a horrible first night's sleep, air conditioning barely worked and I felt extremely uncomfortable, I checked out early the next day rather than have another uncomfortable night.

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Great location and very central to many of the other areas of Mexico City. We were able to Uber around the city very easily and walk to some of the other sights, restaurants and the park. The facilities were also great! Rooftop pool was a must have and we were given access to the business lounge with complimentary breakfast and drinks.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

basicly OK, the people on the 11/F(executive) not quite nice, no smile. Others ok. not so many food in the lobby for buffet

location, service and comfortable condition, people in the hotel are nice and room is clean. It's easy to find food nearby, all kinds of food, by walk

• Standard Room

Most of it was fine. If I am being picky the tv options were mainly Spanish (but its Mexico so is that a surprise?) Even more picky there was a note about energy conservation or something and you had the option to leave your towel on the hook if you wanted to reuse it. I did every day before I left but they still provided me with new ones. It was a really good experience overall to be fair.

The location was perfect for me. Its right around the corner from Paseo de Reforma and the Independence Angel Statue. Also was able to walk to Chapultepec Park/Castle and the Anthropology museum. There is a nice pedestrian plaza nearby with numerous bars and eating/shopping options. Its also rather close to a subway station. I absolutely loved it! Everyday they did an excellent job tidying up the room as well.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

The hotel is nicely located near Zona Rosa, close to lots of restaurants and bars. Metro station is 10 minutes away. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

Comfortable and clean, was upgraded and received complimentary glasses of wine each night and free breakfast. Friendly staff. Great location near but not on la Reforma.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

There were two problems. The woman in the restaurant always was angry, and unkindly person, there was misunderstanding with my reserve, My breakfast was include in the reservation and every morning I had to wait to verify the information. By other hand, when I back hotel in the night, tired I found room dirty, nobody clean the room.

• Standard Room

Everything was perfect staff were well experienced and a cool thing was that they upgraded my room for being a genius member, definitely coming back!!

• Brisas Business Club Grand Suite

Internet com problemas.

Staff muito profissional, centro de negócios excelente, quarto bem equipado e pequeno almoço com qualidade. Piscina e gym impecáveis. Localização perfeita, com variedade de restaurantes, lojas e locais de interesse.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

The coffee cups where not washed thoroughly, they had stains at the bottom. One night the room next door had the music very loud, I could hear the people talking. was not able to iron my clothes with steam because the iron started to bring out brownish liquid. I asked for a another one and it was changed.

I loved the HM chair, so comfortable, it made it easier to work at the desk. I really like that they have 24 hour room service, food was delicious . I enjoyed the espresso machine. The bed was very comfortable, although there is construction in front of the hotel, my room was at the other side and I was not disturbed. I could see the Independence Angel from my window. The hotel location is excellent, different restaurants at walking distance. I think the welcome letter was a nice gesture.

• Standard Room

The breakfast buffet is too expensive and not great. The internet is super slow. It worked fine on my phone but I couldn’t do any of my work on it.

The bed and pillows are great. Room was comfortable overall

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Galeria Plaza Reforma was wonderful. The staff was friendly, knowledgable, bi-lingual (and possibly multi-lingual). Rooms were clean and modern and comfortable and a good size. The breakfast buffet was excellent and a great value. The location to restaurants, shopping and tourist locations was an easy walk or short Uber ride. Nice roof top pool and gym.

• Standard Room

It’s 4K from the historical district but not too far.

Their staff speak English and the room is very clean. We hire their car to go to Teotihuacan and the price is very reasonable (only 1100 peso). It was like a private tour but cheaper than join a tour with a tour company.

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Although this is a nice neighborhood, It is not close to the city center.

This hotel really stands out. The installations are very confortable, the personnel are very thoughtfull and the food is amazing.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

I specifically requested a quiet room. They gave me a room on the 11th floor. First night being Sunday was ok, I noticed a major construction building right in front. Next night, monday, the construction site worked all night long with big machinery, lots of banging and big engines. How the hell did they place me on that side of the building knowing this? I spoke to the receptionist and yes they knew this is an ongoing problem, they work throught day and night making very loud noise and yet they don't place clients with sleeping requirements on the other side of the builduing, very disappointing. Sorry, would not recommend to stay here for a year or so until they finish the construction in the opposite building

The hotel is great overall. Breakfast is good, the bed is very confy and the bathroom is well equipped

No rooftop bar

Great location, felt very safe and close to all major attractions. Comfortable bed. Helpful and friendly staff. Rooftop swimming pool.

• Standard Room

Having stayed in this hotel; many times, this stay was below the standards expected. Too much disruption and lack of constancy in cleaning, general service and noise. Also changes to self service approach to breakfast has resulted in reduced choice, options and general quality of food and experience.

• Standard Room

The room was a little warm, since the thermostat automatically shuts off when you remove your room key from the slot at the entrance to the room. It was uncomfortable to have to wait for the room to cool down every time, but I can see how it would have been energy-saving.

The room service was delicious, and the staff at the front desk were friendly. The pool was refreshing and had a beautiful view of the city. It was also nice to have the espresso machine in the room and the little chocolates on the made bed- it added a really nice touch. We were particularly impressed with how the staff handled the earthquake, as we were staying in the hotel at the time. While no alarm went off, there were multiple staff in the stairwell and outside of the building directing us to the appropriate spaces. It was a little scary, but the staff was extremely professional and really made me feel like everything was under control.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

The environment (the street passing in front of the hotel needs to be repaired, lots of infrastructure works in the area)

The customer service is amazing. we were treated like kings.   I visited quite a few hotels. for quality of service Galeria Plaza exceeds them all

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

There was no airport shuttle service. They said that booking.com should not have it listed. The bed was hard as a rock. I couldn't sleep there one more night. Unsafe neighborhood. Stay on the Reforma if possible. Street construction (repaving) happened all through the night. I wouldn't have booked here if I would have known.

Room service prices were great.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

The breakfast buffet in the hotel was my least favorite meal during my stay. This is not the hotel's fault, but there was a lot of construction on the neighborhood streets. It made crossing some streets difficult. Once the construction is done, the area will be wonderful again.

This is a bustling neighborhood - there are a lot of businesses people, many restaurants and coffee shops, and a very nice market with jewelry and crafts a few blocks from the hotel. My non-vegetarian parents wanted breakfast at the Yug (a vegetarian restaurant) each morning. The hotel is very close to Chapultepec Park and the Angel de Independencia. It's nice to walk down Reforma, especially on Sundays. There are many Uber drivers around to get you to the Zocalo, Coyoacan, Roma, and Condessa.

• Standard Room

Conservative rule of the hotel about payment.. The staff was good and assisted me well but followed strictly the rule. The key card often did not work well. In the mrning tht was ok but in the evening it needed recharge...so i had to stand in the que to get the service.

I did not get breakfast service and i was shocked when they said that my payment did not include the cost for breakfast. Normally, breakfast service is provided in every hotel. So, i should pay if wanted to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant and I preferred to not. I paid almost 11 milions for 4 nights and no breakfast is provided for that huge money.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

Quite cool in the Evenings for July and Heat did not work.

Very Nice Staff, Small Pool on Rooftop. Quiet overall and comfortable bed. Fast internet. Clean Rooms.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

They didn't do so well with small things: forgetting to bring shampoo, charging for using the coffee machine (coffee is usually complimentary when they put new coffee pods in your room every day); knocking at the room's door three times to clean "by steps" (someone changes the bed, someone changes the towels, someone cleans this, someone cleans that) - I would prefer a single, daily clean-up, rather than one that happens by intervals from 8 am to 2pm... Small things overall! Don't let those details prevent you from renting a room there if you're short on options. I would go back there myself. If you're going for the pool, don't. (I didn't but some people did) : there is no pool. There is an elegant "basin" that is very shallow (up to your thighs). No swimming possible. But a nice patio for tanning if you're into that. The pictures of a "pool" on the roof are deceiving.

Very professional, friendly staff. Good concierge service to help you out (though they'll direct you to their own chauffeurs and services and food, which are all great, but more expensive than what you can get by using google).

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

The drapery had permanent spots on it, the stone tiles in the bathroom (wall and sink area) were cracked, the carpeting was unraveling in places, and other decor items were damaged or tired. I think it's time for at least a mini upgrade of the room interiors, based on my experience.

The hotel was near the conference I was attending. Although I did not eat at the restaurants, I was glad to know they were there. The neighborhood had many interesting features and was in between Chapultepec Par k and the historic district, with Roma, etc. all close by. My room was clean and had all the necessary amenities. The bed was comfortable. The staff was nice and very accommodating. All in all, it was a great stay for seven days.

• Standard Room

Wifi was very slow at times.

I got an amazing deal on this place through Booking.com. It was a steal. Excellent property. Very modern, very comfortable bedding, very nice rooms. Great breakfast. Nice and helpful staff. Good amenities. Mexico City is an incredible place. Fantastic location near the Angel of Independence: very walkable, a lot to do, surrounded by cafes, restaurants, shops, and public space.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

it was a very nice room.

the beds and bathroom are very nice. It is easy walking distance to several gay bars in Zona Rose so easy to get around. Not many restaurants near the hotel however.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

There were 3 adults in our room and it was difficult getting 3 sets of towels, enough coffee, cups and glasses. Everything was set up for 2 even though we left notes for the housekeeping staff several times. On check in we were told that there was a 15% discount at the restaurants. On check out the discount had not been applied even though when questioned the staff member said it had been. We produced the bill and then were told that the discount only applied to one restaurant not both. There was also a 20 peso charge that we questioned and were told it was a voluntary donation to Foundation Brisas. This was never mentioned before. A small amount but nevertheless should have been explained. The check out person did not seem to want to explain anything and to get rid if us as soon as possible. The housekeeping staff were helpful but one the whole I would say the the reception desk needs improvement.

The location is wonderful. Walking distance to Roma and good restaurants. Condesa is walkable also. Clean, comfortable and fairly quiet. Most staff were helpful. Nice having coffee in the room. Nice pool to relax after a day of walking.

The first two nights we were there were ruined as they had some construction/renovations going on in the bathroom directly above our room, until 3-4am. I had to complain as we couldn't sleep, better management wouldn't have placed anyone in the surrounding rooms or had the work done during the day in the first place. However, the following day after I had complained to the night manager they upgraded our room for the remaining 4 nights of our stay on a mother floor, so all in all it wasn't too bad. Another thing that bothered me was the lack of service on the pool level, as it made the area a little stale. I felt that this hotel is really more designed for people on business than leisure.

Staff were quite pleasant and location was great.

• Standard Room

You can order room service at the rooftop terrace, but they estimated a 25 minute wait for breakfast!

helpful staff, decent sized room, bed - all very good quality. Very nice roof terrace & pool.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

The bed and pillows were not to my comfort

Well organized, friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. The facility was not luxurious, but location and utility more than make this a terrific value for a stay in CDMX.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Standard Room

The first room we had the bathroom wasn't all that clean and the shower drain was so clogged that it caused the whole bathroom to flood with tepid water. The toilet also was leaking. We were moved to new a room for the rest of the stay. However my parter became ill and needed to stay an additional night and the staff wasn't really that accommodating and we had to move to a new hotel.

Great location and very central to everything the city. Our second room was cleaned well everyday and the staff on that floor was extremely polite as well as the staff at the mood bar. The roof deck was also an nice amenity

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

It's not a mark against them, but worth noting that the mattress is very firm, which is not my personal preference but lots of people like that. Wifi signal not very strong on 10th floor corner room.

Very clean and professional hotel with two very good restaurants attached. Great shower. I will most likely stay there again and can recommend with confidence. Close to paseo de reforma. Plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

I stay there regularly, it is consistently comfortable and clean and small enough to be a familiar place. The restaurant is nice too, a good place to meet my clients

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

Check in staff were unwelcoming. Rooms were a little shabby (albeit well designed and well equipped) and could do with a little refresh.

Location. Rooftop pool was good with nice views of the city.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Standard Room

First night the room was well prepared, the second night no coffee or condiments. The area surrounding the hotel was bathed in a overpowering sewer gas smell.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

Perfect location, in the heart of the city, with a huge variety of good restaurants, from all types, in the immediate vicinity (minutes pleasant & safe walking even at late night hours). Service both at the hotel bar & restaurant was very good with fair pricing,

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

Our room did not have a very good view.

Good location. Great restaurant in hotel Concierge desk was very helpful and went out of their way to make inquiries on our behalf.

• Standard Room

i was a bit confused about the 11th floor and the free wine.

i like the top of the hotel with the pool.

• Standard Room

bed is too small and air con is not strong enough

good location

BELL BOYS WERE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

High standard of services.

• Brisas Business Club Grand Suite

Minor issues like safe not working in room.

Great location in Zona Rosa.

• Standard Room

The food and the service

Location. Clean. Affordable

It's modern

No breakfast included

• Standard Room

The price on booking.com wag 80$ a night. I ended up paying 95$ (for taxes, they said)... It is not acceptable on a site like booking.com

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

They ran out of cotton balls and q-tips.

Room was quiet. Service imandbfood in the restaurants were great.

Location. Clean. Price

Business lounge

Room need some work

Location close to work

• Standard Room

I was going n back of building

• Standard Room

Carpet wasnt very clean and safe box it wasn’t working they never came to fixed.

Good and service was great 👍🏼

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Very well located in Zona Rosas. Walk to la Redoma and lots of good restaurant . Excellent location.

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

room was good, location was fantastic!

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Fantastic rich breakfast. Very friendly, effective and attentative staff

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Shower head with low pressure

The staffs' politeness and the room's conditions

Carpets a bit stained.

Location amenities

• Standard Room

Executive louge is perfect for business traveller

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

Quiet, great location, clean, courteous, felt luxurious.

Quiet business lounge

• Standard Room

Staffs are helpful and friendly, the environment is comfortable.

The loundry is very expansive not normal for a few fing to pay 200us$

just the view

view to a rod of next door building

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

Por ser socio premium de booking me hicieron upgrade a la business!

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

It was little expensive at the time i booked my stay.

Breakfast was nice and hotel location was very good.

A bit old school hotel.

• Standard Room

I did not like that I was given only 1 key. I had to leave that key in a thing to be able to use light in room. There was no A.C.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

No parking, traffic congestion

Near restaurants, city center

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

The should include breakfast at the price!

• Deluxe Grand Single Room

very happy w service!! restaurant Mediterranean next to it .. Best Food I had ! .. very happy w service and safe place to stsy

• Deluxe Grand Double Room

We loved the location of the hotel. It was easy and fast to catch an Uber car, many restaurants to choose from and the appearance of the hotel.

Browse Galeria Plaza Reforma traveller photo gallery