Reviews of Gran Caribe All Inclusive - Panama Jack Resorts Cancun 5 stars

Boulevard Kulkulkan Km 11.5, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#15 of 161 hotels in Cancún

- Such a nice hotel with beautiful renovations. - We paid for the beach view upgrade and so worth it!! View was amazing to look at each day. - Wide variety of food and drinks! Italian restaurant was so nice. They even have a cafe with coffee and lots of pastries to pick from. - About a 10-15 walk into Cancun town. - Staff were very helpful and nice. - We loved everything about our stay.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Everything was just perfect. Delicious food, great staff, clean facilities. We were received amazingly from the time we arrived until we left. We look forward to come back!

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Very crowded, but once you're in your room it was quiet. We were told it was 900 mexican pesos (about 45+USD) if we wanted to use the Cabana's by the beach, for the whole day, which i thought was a bit expensive.

Room- We stayed in a Junior suite with Ocean view, Very clean and well designed room, toilet & shower. Hotel grounds- Huge hotel, with beautiful pool and beach area. Staff- Absolutely fantastic. Very friendly and helpful. Service was excellent. Wifi- Excellent! Even when you were at the beach. Food-Plentiful. The Mexican restaurant Casa de Rosa, and the Italian restaurant Viaggio was fantastic! Location- Lots of restaurants close by and only 2hrs + to Chichén Itzá. La Isla shopping village is just 15 minutes walk away, which offers high end shopping and lots of choices for food. We had a wonderful stay. Special thanks to Benjamin who served us at the Mexican restaurant. He was excellent!

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Checking in was a bit slow. The shower area in our suite needed re grouting.

The service was good at the resort . We upgraded our room from ocean view to ocean front and it was relaxing just hearing the sound of the surf each morning. Food and drinks at the restaurants were good. Staff was friendly and helpful!

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

1. While booking the room it mentioned 2 double beds, but actual room only had 1. We were OK with this hence did not ask for a change, but we should have been given what was promised at booking. 2. I extremely disliked the money making scheme this resort uses by using towels. No one who is paying ~$1000 is going to steal towels. Guests uses them around pool and resort beach and sometime leave there. In our case thats what happened, and room service took another towel which was pretty dirty. During checkout they extorted money from us for those towels. When we said that one was taken by room service they straight away declined it and later when we persisted they agreed to that. But they still changed us $50 dollar for other towel. Are you seriously kidding me, 50 for a towel which we used in your resort for which we have already paid 1000 bucks. I have no doubt that this resort uses this technique to make money from it. 3. Upon reaching airport I found that I am missing cash. I am pretty good with keeping money and only place my wallet was unattended was the hotel room. I don't have hard evidence to accuse resort, but given previous point I wont be surprised if someone took it from my room.

Location was nice. Pool and beach was not crowded. Restaurant staff were great.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I would have liked more parasols and umbrellas on the beach and by the pool (plenty of sunloungers but only a handful of umbrellas). I would also have appreciated more of a night scene. We stayed for 5 nights and had entertainment for 3 - one of those was a quiz. No background music. I should have checked before booking. This probably suits families and older travellers but for a couple in the thirties i would have liked more.

Bar service on the beach, friendly serving staff, a coffee shop and an amazing room made our stay very accomodating.

Juice drinks were made with powder mix

The food was fresh, the ambiance of the entire property was good vibes ! I woke up everyone morning to a great clean bright beach. Definitely got the best of the best with the all inclusive. Never going to stay at any other property besides Panama Jack

Not enough sport classes. Not enough latin feel for a Mexican resort.

Spotless clean, room was large with a good view and a good bathroom, the gym was old but very well equipped and not crowded, the beach was well maintained in a time of seaweed invasion, drinks were good and the food was really surprisingly tasty. Very kind staff too.

Online description not 100% accurate- said they have airport shuttle but they didn't. The number of restaurants was also falsely advertised online.

Friendly staff

I did not like my check in process. I assumed when I booked on booking.com that I was charged but when I got to the resort they charged me there and said they would charge in pesos. I asked him 3 times if that would cost me more and he assured me it wouldnt. I even offered to pay it cash so I would not run into any issues when I came home from vacation. Sure enough I got charged more because they give a low rate for the exchange of dollars to pesos. So if you do book make sure it's already paid before getting to resort. Also he made it seem like he was doing me a favor and giving me an upgraded room when he wasn't. I asked for two beds and that's what it showed in my booking and he said he's giving me a complimentary upgrade for a long check in process which was definetly not the case.

The rooms are nice. Remodeled from the last time I stayed.the food and cleanliness has also improved.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The food was exetremely below par. Considering you’re in Mexico, the Mexican food and the restaurant Casa de Rosa was really bad. The A/C was so loud and woke us every night. The drinks were also disappointing.

The staff were lovely, always had a smile on their face and were extremely helpful. When we were given a room that did not meet our requirements they did all they could to find us a room until we were happy.

• Gran Presidential One Bedroom Suite Ocean View with Spa Bath

Cleanliness was great in the suite itself only issue was the outside hot tub it wasn't clean. For future reference a cover should be used daily if not being occupied! Other than that everything was outstanding!

Everything 😂😂😂 Food, staff, beach, hotel model setup, all the above. I'd definitely stay again and again!

• Gran Junior Suite - Beach Front Walk-Out

There was no quieter bar area to sit at night.

We had ocean front rooms and could walk from our room straight onto the beach. The facilities were excellent. Having an all inclusive fee was great.

The food was very bland with no sense of variety. Checking out of the hotel was horrible. Apparently communication between checking in with some staff and checking out with others lacked a bit. Please get a receipt for every service that you choose at the hotel. The hotel is catered mostly to children which is fine, but for adults it is unsatisfying.

Overall the staff gives the hotel its charm. They are very persistent and open to help.

The awful smell of the sewage next to the spa and gym The kids pool was not clean it had particles floating in it when we had to take our diving lessons to this less busier pool Things around the hotel seemed to be a little old or outdated

Jacks 24 VIP lounge was phenomenal Food is good and the drinks are premium spirits with good bartenders, they also have a pool table to have fun Every day and night there was entertainment for all ages Cooking classes from the head chef!

Personally booked this before it changed to Panama Jacks and don’t remember it being advertised as so family orientated. Also, couldn’t hear noise from adjoining rooms but noise from the corridors was bad at rimes

Food was generally very good as were the staff across the property

Very disappointed in the fact that there was no food at the beach bar for two days. This is our favorite place to eat when visiting Gran Caribe. Also, another restaurant was closed due to renovation. So there were 2 restaurants closed while we were there. Booking.com totally messed up our reservation and this caused a nightmare when checking in. I had made two calls to booking.com the week before we traveled and both times they reassured me it was all fixed. BOOO to Booking.com.....

I love this resort and this is the second time we have visited. However, it is now owned by Panama Jack and a lot has changed. The staff and rooms were great. The food was average.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The service at it's Italia restaurant is awful. The person who served us was really rude. He always recommended the food and drinks which requires us to pay extra money even I told him several times that why we don't want that. And after we strongly said no, he stop serving us and leave us there without paying any attention for a long time. So we had to ask the front desk lady to help us to find someone who can take our order. Then he came to us and said-- IT IS NOT A BUFFET IT IS A RESTAURANT, SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT OK? It is just so offensive. Me and my husband just got married and we were supposed to have a nice honeymoon memory here, but instead, we were being treated like we were some cave people and not QUALIFIED to eat at the restaurant. It is an all-inclusive hotel, so is it my fault that I don't want to pay extra money to get some food I don't want? Is $360 per night not enough for us to be treated nicely?? I just don't understand. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

The ocean View is beautiful

Poor maintenance of the kids facilities due to sea air effects.

Very kind and professional staff. Food is awesome. Ranks among the best all inclusive resorts we have ever been.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Two things. The main thing I didn’t like are all the people always asking you for add-on things like the spa and getting your photos taken. Although we did both these things we were asked multiple times throughout the day. It’s a bit much when you’re just trying to relax and connect with friends. The biggest thing I didn’t like was the trap to a sales pitch. We were offered free gifts from what appeared to be a staff member of the resort. She said “I’m not trying to make you buy anything just a free gift to say thank you for choosing Panama Jack” We accepted and before you know it we were meeting with Yangelo who was supposed to be telling us all about the resort but was instead about to set up up for a 90min presentation about the resort and pre-booking next years trip back. Although it wasn’t a timeshare presentation it was set up JUST like that. We didn’t go to the presentation and they called the room daily asking us to come. That was a huge turn off. So if you come skip the free gift trap (even though the gifts are nice)

The staff are top notch. Beyond accommodating, friendly and fun. The activities guy keeps you moving non stop with water activities, beach sports, dancing lessons, fitness instructions and so much more. The options for food was great. Beyond the various restaurants that are available there’s “random” food set up and served all over the property. You can get a full lunch on the beach, cooking demos by the pool and so much more. If you are a drinker you are not stuck with bottom shelf liquor. Whatever you want is available to you.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

We paid extra for a room with ocean view hoping for a quiet vacation away from the crowds. However, the room was on the first floor with a swimming pool view with all the daily entertainment and other activities right in front of us. Also, all the drinks, including non-alcoholic (juices, cocoa, milk) were either too watered down or unnatural (made from powder). The main disappointment was of course the room. We didn't understand what we paid extra for.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, beach clean, food well done

That I had to leave.

Evwrything! Friendly staff, great room, great food, lovely beach. Everything was perfect. We had a late flight and they asked us to check out of the roombut they let us use the hotel the rest of the day. I would definetly recommend it and would love to come back soon!

• Junior Suite Oceanfront

The air conditioner is loud as hell, it kept making noise that you can hardly fall asleep Some of the restaurant service are too slow, you gotta wait for an hour for just your salad. And I felt like the bar is not clean, because I saw staffs cleaning glass cups by just dip it in the water.

Food is good, location is great. Friendly staffs. And you could have some activities in your private area with reasonable price by Aquaworld.(for example waverunners $45/ half hour, compare to the price in Missouri which is $110/hour, it’s pretty nice)

Pool is always overstuffed with kids. They are constantly running on you with toys. If you're a couple with no kids there is no chance to relax at the pool. The door in the room is too thin. I could here everything what was going on in the corridor. That noise used to wake me up in the morning several times

The view and the beach are amazing. Location perfect. Staff very friendly. Food is good.

• Gran Junior Suite

If I had to say something might be the sound insulation of the door. It is not sound proofed. I had to put ear pluggs to sleep or I will hear door knocks from the hallway.

Friendly staff, very professional! Food is great with big variety of choices.

Slow check in !!! But was nice when they brought us drinks !! Not enough workers behind the desk But we did get apologies!

The king size bed was so comfortable! Great drinks top shelf booze choices ! Able to get food and drinks anytime ! Plus mini fridge stocked daily ! Coffee shop had a lot of choices of coffee drinks muffins sandwiches cookies fresh fruit cups ! Fresh and very tasty

The shower water turned my blonde hair a light pink/ orange color 😫

My daughter and I had so much fun. The resort was beautiful and everyone was so friendly!

• Gran Junior Suite - Beach Front Walk-Out

We go cancun every spring break for 8 years.I made reservation for this resort twice in 2017,2018 spring break though Booking.com. We enjoyed first time in 2017 so much, we made 2nd one just after back from the first trip. The room we reserved is much more expensive to compare to other rooms but the room has very good view and location. When we got there 2nd time, they told the company and the name of resort was changed and with new renovation(most resort keep renovate over time), they gave us the room with bad view and location. To get the renovated room(same room we stayed last year), we have to pay more. The manager was so bossy and cocky and did not listen to us. They told us to complain to Booking.com. Because Booking .com did not update the room's description and price. They messed up our vacation and we were not happy all the stay. We would not be back to Panama Jack or recommend to other friends any more. I would not use booking .com to reserve resorts any more even I used booking.com for years for my business and family trips.

The size of resort was not too big, easy to walk to beach and restaurant.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Pillows were uncomfortable. Disappointed with the availability to the sit down restaurants. Some were closed and then the other one was very busy and turned people away or late dining times.

Bed was comfortable and rooms very clean.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I write this review for the Mexico restaurant in their hotel. The service was very good, the food was delicious, and the waiter tried his best to make me and my boyfriend feel satisfied. The restaurant only open for dinner, and they don't accept advanced reservation. But you don't need to wait here because you can leave your information and they will arrange a time schedule. I think this is reasonable.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

OMG cant understand all the good reviews about this hotel it must be insiders. This hotel is only for young people age 16-25 So terrible for families with children and old people. They play very loud techno music all day all night. You can not relax by the pool or sit in the lobby the music is so laud and screaming in the speakers from 10 in the morning to late night. I have been travelling all my life all around the world and this was my first bad experience in a hotel it is a party hotel only for party animals. And the food is awful I wouldn’t give it to my dog!! We had all inclusive but went outside the hotel for dinner. Overall everything in this hotel was really bad except the staff. Please don’t go to this hotel you will ruen your vacation. And not least our neighbors had stolen their stuff from their room. And the pool water was freezing. And the Sun beds were so lousy to lay on.

The only good thing was Nice staff

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The choice of lunch was poor although it was not bad. Sometimes restaurants were closed without notice.

Foods and hospitality were nice and good. Very good for families with small children. Ocean views from the room and restaurants were wonderful.

Have the seaweed raked up by tractor on the beach instead of by staff.

The cleanliness, the wonderful, hard working staff, the activities conducted at the adult pool, and the overall ambiance of the resort made one feel as if you were on a very special vacation.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

It would have been perfect if there was another extra pool ;)

Excellent service, clean, the quality of the food is very good. The hotel is well managed

• Junior Suite Oceanfront

We loved our room , the shower was big, the bed was super comfortable. We had a private ocean view which we can walk into a private spa pool . It was amazing . We got to see the moon and the sunrise . It was perfect . The staff went out of their ways to make sure our experience was amazing. They set up a romantic surprise for my hermosa which I requested . It was wonderful

Food everywhere was tasteless. Drinks were artificial juices with color additives. Guest room balconies weren't private at all. Wi-fi connection didn't work at times. There was no sound isolation with the noise from the hallway, you could hear absolutely everything as if the door was open.

Room was very clean and comfortable. Walkable distance to the Coco-Bongo area.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

On arrival was allocated a room designed for people with disabilities on the first floor, though I asked for the upper level. Had jet lag, however, in the morning was woken up with loud music right in front of my window. It took for me half a day to change the room. Was constantly asked at the front desk if I stay at the hotel, though had a relevant hotel bungle on

Location, food

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Food, you either had to do pool volleyball, pool water polo or water aerobics or get out of the pool, they had 2 wedding partys there and if you werent with the wedding partys you had to wait until 9pm to eat dinner, front desk quoted a taxi ride to the airport from the hotels taxi company $25 actual cost $35,

Not much this plce was awful after our 4 different room changes

Our stay was too short.

The food was very good and a good variety. Then only type of food that I found a little weak was the soups offered. I had about 4 different type and they all seem to be a little flavor less or water down. The people @ the resort were the most accommodating and friendly willing to help and serve in any way.

• Family Junior Suite

We loved the temperature of the pool. The white sandy beach right in front of the hotel. It was such easy access to the beach. We rented boogie boards for an hour and had so much fun. The waves can be strong but the water is warm. The hotel had variety of entertainment every night for everyone. The choices of drinks and food were excellent. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. We loved that there was coffee, sandwiches, and cookies available at the coffee bar. There was always a lounge chair you could lay on. I would highly recommend this hotel. It even seemed very family friendly! Would definitely come back with the kids! I really enjoyed the decor in the lobby and room space of the hotel. The property is very clean and well taken care of. Restrooms are clean. The location on Zona Hotelera is perfect that you can just jump on a bus and go to the mall.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

On this beach very big waves which is not so good for small kids and you have 1 spot to swimming...no jumping with waves))) wind and waves all the time((((. Also rooms need some renovations. And not good pillows, with lumps and I had a headache every morning.

Great staff and service,amazing ocean view, big room, awesome beach (long and clean), delicious food. Excellent life rescuers on shore, constantly watching the bathers, because of large waves.

The beds are memory foam which we do not like. The beach has lovely sand but is quite steep so makes it difficult to walk on.

The resort is very nice. You do not need to make reservations for the restaurants and we did not have any trouble getting a table.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

There wasn't much we didn't like.

The room and common areas were very clean and the staff were very kind. The food in the buffet was excellent, much better than what we were expecting.

the gift shop

my visit was amazing... staff extreme friendly, property very clean, excellent food, spa experience awesome...................and so much more.... panama jack coffee shop with flaky croissants all day..... the best

• Gran Junior Suite - Beach Front Walk-Out

Food was good, but not necessarily top gourmet. The two evening restaurants were a cut above the buffets. Check-in is rather tedious. It took about 30 minutes. Nothing went wrong and not the staff. They are efficient. Just requires a lot of paperwork or something.

We had a room with walkout onto to the beach. Incredible views, courteous staff, just an overall relaxing time

Wasted almost 90 min in the welcome package and we ended knowing we didnt have to do it. I was annoyed with hotels workers who asked us every 10 min to do welcome orientation just to take commissions. Last thing the juices were not fresh and taste funny

The room and the hotel were clean and awesome. Alot of activities in the hotel and on the beach, the staff were friendly the food was good and delicious. I am defiantly going back again.

• Junior Suite Oceanfront

The pool wasn’t open at night so no night swimming. Also be careful when ordering wine it is more money.

The Mexican restaurant at the resort was delicious. We stayed in the junior suite ocean front room and the views were breathtaking. The staff is always helpful. We also got a massage which was wonderful!

The main bar was very bright with lots of tv screens. Would have liked the option of a cozier bar in the evening.

Everything. It was much nicer than we expected. It seemed it had some renovations since we booked. Very comfortable beds. Nice rooms. Great options for meals. Beach area and beach bar were fantastic. Pool overlooking the beach was nice too.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Front desk staffs not very friendly. Pillow too hard and too high.

Great selection of food for full board. Beautiful beach. Friendly F & B staffs. Good for family.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

No resort map and no kids activities schedule and less kids events.

The staffs are very supportive. We changed 3 rooms because of noisy issue, smelly issue and wifi issues. They helped us changed the room very quick without doubt.

• Gran Junior Suite - Beach Front Walk-Out

- our room's lock broke at 11 PM on Dec 31st, we had our kid's clean diapers locked inside and they couldn't find any ways to open it. After that, we had to ask maintenance every time we wanted to enter our room that night and the morning after. - the wifi NEVER works. Not just for me, also for all the people I asked to and my wife as well. They said it's not their fault, I honestly was not expecting such an answer from them. - there is NEVER a table at the a-la-carte restaurants, they are too small for the huge resort and therefore always full, so you have to wait 1 hour or more. And they don't accept reservations. - every time I asked for something (like someone to help us with the luggage or to open our door because the lock was broken) I had to ask for it 2-3 times, seems like there is either a lack of communication or they are understaffed

The hotel building is nice and clean, the beach is very big and well kept, the staff is friendly.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Old facility. Expensive in vacation. Lost cleaning tool in my room after daily cleaning. Broke door button of my rental cars then fix it after I complain and tips paying.

Good location. Great beach! Average food! Good SPA.

I brought my kids who are 18 and 20, and there was not very much nightlife in the hotel for them. We had a lot of fun playing beach volleyball with the staff. We had to travel to Aqua world to take advantage of the sailing, kayaking, and other non-motorized sports that were included in the all-inclusive package. It would've been nice to have those activities on the premises.

Beautiful beaches and very helpful staff. We had a lot of fun playing beach volleyball with the staff.

the wifi is poor when connecting, sometimes is good but sometimes is not. the food providing from different restaurants are not always available, but the buffet one. the foods of restaurant are fixed everyday.

the restaurants are good to have great food. the service is excellent and the location of hotel is fine. Also there are several activities during Christmas. the landscape view of sea is awesome. the buffet is good.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Children, children, children. The all inclusive full-service restaurant was packed, with a nearly 2 hour wait. The buffet was just not what we were looking for in a romantic vacation. Children running around sticking their hands in all of the dishes. The lights were so bright that it looked like a high-school cafeteria. Room service food was mediocre.

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean room, beautiful ocean view.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I traveled with a 2 year old. Lots of kids facilities does not work. One of the slides on the patriate boat does not work. The Captain Jack is no longer in front of the mini golf. Golf balls were stuck in the hole, therefore you can not really play. The kids area does not have plenty of toys, only a few Barbes, a toy stove, and some puzzles. It is only accessible on certain hours of the day for my 2 years old. I am not a fan of the food, which does not have much varieties to me. Only Mexican and Italian. The maintenance door for piping is sometimes open without notice or supervision, the little kid could easily climb in and fall. I called and they did respond fast. However, the next day, another maintenance door is left open unattended. We were there one week before the Christmas, there is not much activities at all. I asked the staff, and they say only a mini movie is played in the hall, and was not able to give me more info about future schedule. I need to check it on the black board, which is in Spanish probably. I chose the hotel because it is a family hotel, and are supposed to have lots of activities. Therefore it is a bit of disappointing. However, right before Christmas, Dec 23rd, there are a bit more activities. I think every traveller shall be treated the same, no matter it is before Christmas or after Christmas. Especially, I have stayed in other hotels 4 years ago, which is way more better service for food and activities.

Lots of kids facilities (out of maintenance though). good access to everything, bus, car rental, photos, money exchange, shopping. Staff is very friendly and quick on response. Bed is made everyday and floor is clean.

Our stay in Gran Caribe was excellent from our arrival till the departure. The All-inclusive package was perfect - the food and drinks and everything! And the staff was also very nice and helpful. We would definately stay here again and would recommend it to others!

The Resort was under a mayor renovation, either the Resort or booking.com informed us ahead of time to change resort, the noice the workers, all day and even late at night, it was awful, the inly thing they offer was to change rooms.. we did once to a partial ocean view and terrace view with no privacy but the noise was all over the place changing rooms did not help

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The hotel is under renovation and we found the lobby and other areas very noisy due to the construction. I personally would wait to stay here until the renovations are complete.

The staff were very accommodating. We had some issues with the first room booked and we were moved to a much better location. While not all the restaurants were open, the food was excellent and there was a lot of variety.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

There are still renovations going on so it is a little noisy in areas. The restaurant Gaviotas from last visit was closed for renovations.

The staff were fantastic at all times, the food was very fresh and lots of variety, the rooms were freshly renovated.

The service, the failure to let you know of the construction, and advertising wifi in the rooms and not having it.

First let me say we have been coming here for the last 11 years and this was the WORST year ever. When we got there he place was under massive construction, and was never told about this. There was supposed to be wifi in your room we never had it they even moved us and had the same problem. Although the staff was working like crazy but because panama jacks cut the staff by half the service suffered. To me it seemed this was just another large corporation worrying moor about the dollar and not the customer.

The Hotel was undergoing a renovation - change of owners and will change its name from Gran Caribe to Panama Jack's. One of the four restaurants was closed and there was constant work going on in the reception area. Drilling from 9am to 8pm. The Hotel staff did their best to minimise the impact and to make sure that all work was carried out in such a way that there was never any danger to kids, etc. To be honest it didn't really impact us because we were at the pool or beach most of the time and when we left (26th Nov 2017) they were nearly finished. Should finish early in December. HOWEVER, I was surprised that no-one communicated this renovation work to us BEFORE we arrived. :(

Comfortable Hotel with FANTASTIC beach! Great pool, friendly staff but English is not well spoken by the staff - enough to get by, but not enough to hold a conversation.

Unfortunately there was a lot of loud construction around the lobby and pool which started early in the morning until early evening with workmen everywhere! Some of our group were woken at 7am most mornings from the noise. The "lobby bar" was noisy and there were never enough seats. There was very little entertainment in the evening and it wasn't nice at the lobby bar due to bright lights, limited seating, and lots of noise. On the night of our party we had a great time in the Mexican restaurant but afterwards there wasn't even a band on in the lobby bar so we sat around the pool drinking - not really how we wanted to end our party!!! I know I'll get the stock standard response from management (as other reviews received) that the construction will provide better facilities, which no doubt it will. However, my issue is that we were not notified about the construction prior to arriving. We were a group of ten travelling from Australia to celebrate our birthdays and there is no way we would have stayed here had we known the extent of the construction. I think it's very unethical not to notify guests ahead of time! Such a shame as it's a lovely resort!

The room was lovely, very comfortable bed, large bathroom, balcony, free minibar. The pool area was lovely, the beach was fantastic and the cabanas were great, the restaurants were good, and all the staff were so friendly and helpful.

The hotel was doing lots of renovations which ended up in us not having WiFi in our room.

Good selection of restaurants and comfortable rooms. I would stay again once all renovations are completed.

Major construction within the hotel that we weren't informed about. This closed a restaurant, and made the lobby bar terrible. Was noisy from early morning until evening, and dusty. The room was old, in the old part of the hotel. Not maintained and had the loudest a/c I've ever heard.

Location, beach, pools are all good

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Property was going through renovation and there was too much noise. The reserved room was supposed to have two beds but the room we got had only one bad. After we pointed it out we got the room with two beds. However, this room had maintenance problems: 1. The door nob in the Bathrooms was broken 2. The shower door was scrubbing the floor 3. The safe was out of order and had to be replaced 4. The balcony door was missing the handler on the outside 5. The batteries in the TV remote control were dead 6. There was no light switch for the balcony light, the light ball had to be screwed in and out manually. All items but the 6th one were fixed within two hours.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The night live at the resort almost doesn't exist but a very convenient location makes you forget about it. If you're a party animal you won't have a problem finding a place to get wild. Coco Bongo, Mandala, Palazzo, to name the few are all in walkable distance. The room service menu might've been a bit more diverse.

The food is excellent and abundant, menu changes frequently, the beach is clean and well maintained. We much appreciated 24 hours Snack Bar for midnight munchies. But the true gem of this resort is an incredibly accommodative staff that is ready to help you with any caprice you might have. The place is undergoing major renovation. Construction crews are bustling around the whole day but the staff of the resort makes you forget about that by providing the service that I've never experienced before. Just for you to understand the magnitude of my appreciation, I should probably tell you that I had to change my room twice (first time because of the paint smell, the second time because of the construction noise) and still I'm giving this resort a hard 10! Thank you for everything.

-we knew in advance from reviews about ongoing reconstruction but still the noise from 9am til 8pm was sometimes quite huge -it would be fair to inform guests about the reconstruction also on sites such as Booking.com; if it weren't for reviews, we wouldn't know -room door isolation very poor, you can hear literally everything from the hallway -daily animation (such as volleyball, sports, etc.) not that good; some days i haven't seen any at all; at best very irregular and unpredictable

- !awesome! staff (friendly but not artificially, proactive but not pushy, quick but not overactive, caring for you by many nice little things, working even on beach) -great, fresh, varying food allday long -a la carte restaurants without reservation -beautiful beach -beautiful, brand new room (junior suite) -great service (8 new towels + complete minibar changed every day for free) -hot tube included in price -quality alcohol -Rigo, Marcelo, Antonio

The pictures shown on booking.com is what the hotel will look like AFTER renovations are completed so if you are staying there in the coming weeks, expect a building site. The hotel is doing its best to minimize the construction however it is vast and constant.

The renovated bedrooms were nice. Most staff seemed friendly.

NOISE! It was outrageous that the hotel took full price from its poor, suffering customers, when MAJOR construction work was going on, with horrendous hammering - we are talking jackhammers echoing all the way up to rooms on the 6th floor!!, drilling, sawing, demolition racket ALL DAY, and sometimes well into the evenings. On top of that, it looks like the aircon connections were 'cut through', as the aircon went off throughtout the hotel TWICE for the best part of the day and night in just our 7 day stay - the ambient temperature in the rooms hit 29 centigrade - ridiculous. What was really bad was that there was no offer of discount, no attempt to compensate the customers, no offers of complementary offsite trips to get away from it - it cost us a fortune to do lots of trips out just to get away from it, instead of enjoying the beach, pool and All-Inclusive, which had been our intention! We had saved all year for 7 precious nights in what was supposed to be a luxury hotel. No doubt it will be a nice luxury hotel when the work is finished, but I paid the full price for a living nightmare and will be looking into how we can get some compensation from the hotel group. Our stay was totally ruined by the noise, our group upset all the time as there was nowhere to get away from it, changing rooms wasting precious time, aircon issues all the time, no hot water ALL WEEK in my sub-standard but quiet room.... They were doing 2 lots of work, so lobby and poolside were both affected. The management/reception team had to deal with a barrage of constant complaints and room changes - if I could have afforded it, I would have moved to a REAL luxury hotel down the road.

The food was great, premium brand drinks excellent, the refurbished parts of the hotel looked good, but sadly had to change room due to noise, so the substitute room was in older part of the hotel, better for noise, but quite shabby room. Sacrificed the better quality room for quiet. On the whole, the staff were excellent. The mini bars were always full, water available everywhere.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I liked everything about my stay. I know there is construction going on but that doesn’t change that I really loved our entire stay.

The people are amazing. I really enjoyed the entire resort.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The check in took forever, the lady told us we seemed moody (after a 5am flight we were just tired) the hotel was having remodeling and it was super noisy, they changed our rooms twice because of noise, the waiters were not super friendly and we got lost because we were give. Wrong directions and nobody seemed to know where the room was and we speak Spanish. The minibar from the room didn’t work. I can keep going...

I liked the view and the restaurants

Our room was next to an area that is under construction yet so it smelled like cement and there was a little noise.

It is the cheapest all inclusive hotel in the area and it is good value for money. The facilities are well maintained and also the activities the hotel organizes for the guests are entertaining. Nice staff and good reception service. The buffet is not very varied but food taste good and there are enough restaurant options.

Parts of it had no elevator, they tried to put us in a room right next to an active construction area.

I think with renovations going on a better rate should be given to those disrupted by the construction noise

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

First room (supposed to be with sea view) was extremely dark in a corner with a palm tree as main view and hardly any sea view Hotel was being refurbished and that was NOT mentionned. Extremely noisy.,,

Friendly staff mostly. The second bedroom after we complay(see below) was large, comfortable with great sea and beavh view

Browse Gran Caribe All Inclusive - Panama Jack Resorts Cancun traveller photo gallery