Reviews of Paradisus by Meliá Cancún 5 stars

Kukulcan Boulevard Km 16.5, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#16 of 161 hotels in Cancún

Not a Paradise
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Let’s start saying that booking this hotel via the hotel website would be cheaper because they will give you a price match and all the perks, I made a mistake to do it via booking dot com. They first give us a room with a hole in the bathroom, then after my claim they offered me a bigger room in a basement with a parking view, after my second claim and wasting an hour of my vacation time, they found us the rooms in an upper floor. The night shows at the pool are really bad and you see them from a far distance, they only move the show inside if the weather is bad. Also, there is no AC in the hotel besides your room and some of the restaurants. (The buffet doesn’t have AC) I really recommend to book the one in Playa del Carmen, I went there twice and is really a Paradisus Level, not this one in Cancun.

The food in the restaurants with reservation is good. The beach is good.

Didn’t have my scheduled reservation for dinner on my second...
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Didn’t have my scheduled reservation for dinner on my second night, didn’t do anything special for my birthday. Wouldn’t accommodate us at an empty restaurant.

Outstanding property, excellent staff "Royal Service" a must! best choice for Cancun All Inclusive..
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The ONLY thing we were not happy with, is the way we felt shuffled into a time share appointment booking.. hard sell to just have me pick a time..I had very limited time for MY VACATION, a sales presentation is not something I want to do during any of my downtime.. I suggest making the presentation an option if people are interested, they come to the staff, not being "hounded" or not accepting a simple "no thank you".. I felt obligated to book a time, and then requested from our butler to kindly cancel for us.

Excellent choice for a 5 star Cancun "all inclusive"..highly recommend upgrading to the 'royal service' Excellent staff/customer service, professional and friendly. The staff is what makes this place special!

The facilities, the personnel the beach, the restaurants,...
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite (2adults + 2 childrens)

They gave me a king size bed for a family of four, and they moved me to a bigger room for one night and then for the rest of my stay they put me in another room,very run down room, the electrical outlets were malfunctioning and the faucet had a leak and they were doing construction on the floor above us , there was a lot of noise . We were happy to be in Cancun, but I think for the money we paid we should have gotten a better room.

The facilities, the personnel the beach, the restaurants, the service, the food was excellent, the pool, the activities they had during the day.

Beautiful hotel on the interior with plenty to do.
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

The property is laid out over a large area. Our room was the very end room so it took a long walk to get to most of the restaurants and bars.

Beautiful hotel on the interior with plenty to do. Very clean and friendly staff.

There are many kind of restaurants so I could pick it up...
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The room where I stayed was not so good. I was in no.3 but I had to struggle with noise cause my room was located in just next to the pountain, red bar , restaurant. Also the room condition was not so good. It was old, out of fashion especially the matress was so uncompy. Spring was broken. I disappointed in that. they changed thw matress next day though. one more thing, they have big pools and beach chairs but they have also so many cusromers so it was like a war to get the chair. We got up early in the morning 5:30 am to 6am so we could get chairs which are nice place. To eat dinner we had to book but many restaurants which are well known had a problem to book. Early birds can enjoy this resort.

There are many kind of restaurants so I could pick it up what i wanted to. The food was nice more than I expected. Staffs were kind, beach which they has was so wide so I could take a rest under the parasol.

FANTASTIC STAY--EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

The hand-held shower head would not stay in the holder to allow for 2 hands washing hair. It sprayed the bathroom instead. The first coffee pot did not work. Finally on last day we swapped it out for a new one. (Yes, we knew how to push the red button)

All staff were very very helpful and gracious. food was great--lots of choices. Spa/fitness center was equipped with everything I needed. Decor was beautiful. It was expensive for me but worth it. Definitely will return again and stay a bit longer. Never left the resort!

We LOVED Paradisus! We will visit here and any other resort under the brand as we continue to travel
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Nothing needed to change other then us staying longer. The staff here are more then accommodating and always ready to help the guests with anything the need.

EVERYTHING. We came across the website for Paradisus on Saturday afternoon as we touched down in Cancun. We were originally traveling somewhere else but things happen for a reason. Every moment we have been here has been amazing. Though check in was a wait because many flights were coming in at the same time, the service inside with the bartender helped the time pass by. And the drinks were good! Every waiter or waitress we had, all of the host and hostess, everyone was so nice. We have stayed in many hotels over the last decade but this by far was the nicest one. The rooms were great and the cleaning and turn down service were always prompt and timely. We came on this trip as a married couple but would bring our kids back to this resort as it truly is all inclusive for the WHOLE family. And you don’t feel like you’re at a resort that’s too kid friendly. Definitely check out the YHI Spa. It’s amazing. Everything here was truly amazing. We are sad to leave but can’t wait to return

Great experience in Cancun
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

We stayed two night and couldn't get a place for dinner in any of the restaurants that we wanted, only had room in one and the food there was OK at most. Also there are limited chairs by the pool and if you don't get up at 7 am to claim them, you'll find it difficult to find one

Really nice hotel, nicely decorated and really big, the breakfast was great and the Nespresso stand was a very nice touch. The room was really comfortable although it was a bit far from the entrance. The pools and beach were great, especially the bar inside the pool with really good cocktails.

Average.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

When checking in, there was an extremely long and slow line, and nobody told us where our rooms were or gave us any information about the restaurants or other amenities of the hotel. Also, if you don’t make reservations for dinner, you probably need to wait for who knows how long to have dinner at Naos, the only restaurant that doesn’t need reservation, or you can get room service and that’s what we did for one night.

The ocean was fabulous!

Great for traveling with kids! A true resort experience with no thinking required!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

I was surprised that the pool was chilly & there was no jacuzzi except at spa.

The customer service was excellent. The pool s & Beach & activities & food were all great!

The staff were exceptional.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The pool, while huge and a great layout and depth, needed some repairs. The cabanas poolside were a little pricey at $80/day and the beach cabanas were $165/day.

The staff were exceptional. The room was clean. The wifi is easy to connect to and very good throughout the whole resort, even at the pool. We went on spring break yet it felt not overly busy. We went with our two kids, 4 and 6. The “kids zone” kids club was mind blowing. So good! We dropped the kids off at 9am and they took great care of them all day with great activities and even fed them. The only problem was, our 6 year old loved it so much we couldn’t get her to leave and hang out with us. There is an all-day baby club as well for babies 1-4. There is an outdoor playground at the side of the resort near the great kids pool with a kids restroom right there that our 4 year old enjoyed. All the kids club staff were great and knew our kids names within a couple days. Victoria and Sarah were amazing! The food is amazing. Top notch. The general buffet,”Naos” has great variety, many gluten conscious, vegetarian, and Atkins options. We so far have only been to one of the restaurants requiring reservations, the sushi and Japanese restaurant “Bana”. Coming from Vancouver where we have access to some of the best sushi in the world, we were very discerning and had tempered our expectations. However, the sushi was very good!

Location was great, a lot of food options
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The room ceiling had a leak, all our suit cases and clothes got wet. Staff was beyond horrible. I wanted to get a hair styling in my room, on top of paying the stylist- i had to pay the hotel a $100, for what reason ? None at all- manager refused to talk to me, everyone working was laughing and arguing- it was a miserable time. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone. The room should have been refunded after all our bags got soaked, there’s even a sign saying don’t take off shoes in room. Gross!

Location was great, a lot of food options

Best in Cancun
    • Family Concierge Ocean View Junior Suite

We made a reservation with two beds and got only one bed with a couch. :(

Second time in this hotel. It's upper class and good to get away from all inclusiv family vacation. More adults and the service is very good. Rooms could be a bit bigger.

IIt is the most beautiful property with the most attentive staff I’ve ever experienced.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Not all the food choices were good. Specifically the breakfast in tower 5, and poolside hamburgers & hotdogs. But all others were very good,

All the staff were exemplary. Very thoughtful, courteous and cheerful.

Very good location hotel with good service.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Didn't like that some beatch beds was extra payable.And in some pool area's you couldn't stay all day.You should leave after 4pm.

Very good hotel locatio,good staff service, very clean and tidy.

Paradisus all inclusive
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

However, the qualify of food was too low considering that it was all-inclusive. There was limitied choice of restaurants for the lunch which means we could use only buffet and if we didnt make reservation some specificif restaurants in advance, there was only choice which was buffet.

Best view! a room was perfect size, not too small. Everything was in the hotel so it was very convenient. In addition, all employees were very nice and warmly welcomed. I am satisfied with the service that they provided.

Absolutely gorgeous property, perfect location. The beach was outstanding. Friendly, smiling staff.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

There were only two things that I took issue with. One- out room location was fabulous except between the hours of 10pm and 3am. We were in the room one one door down from the night club. The music was extremely loud, but what was worse was when the club closed, there was no hotel security filtering the guest back to their rooms and telling them to be courteous of the other guests. Second- we were a little bothered by the gals that delivered drinks from the pool bar that dipped the metal spoon drink stirrer into outgoing drinks, tasted them and tossed the spoon back into the metal bar cup. This wasn't a one off... this was consistent behavior from several of the female employees.

We had an airline snafu. My 19 year old daughter ended up arriving almost a full day earlier than we did. I was in complete panic. The check in staff handled the situation perfectly. She was well taken care of as we dealt with our delayed flight.

The customer service was amazing.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

They run out of beach towels quite often so I would recommend bringing your own.

The customer service was amazing. Food buffet was great. Beautiful view from the room with a jacuzzi on the balcony!!

The hotel had great restaurants and staff. Location is good. The pools and beach were very nice.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

We had bugs in our room and called for help a couple times. Small ants in sink and on counter. We had cockroach looking bugs on the wall, in the bathroom, and in the closet. We had to leave the lights on. The room needs updating. Very outdated.

The staff was good

Royal Service Always!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The food at the world market buffet for breakfast wasn't super amazing, but that might just be the choices I made on what to grab. I didn't like that we had to make reservations for dinner at the different restaurants, and weren't able to just wait even though they weren't busy.

The service was amazing, every staff member we interacted with was very kind and even those we just passed by always said hello or good morning or good evening. We got upgraded to royal service as soon as we got there and it included amentities I didn't think we'd use, but it definitely made our trip that much more exciting! I will definitely be going back and only booking the royal service, it is a little more expensive but definitely worth it when there!

Go go go!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Espresso and gelato closed at 4 or 5pm. Very upsetting when we wanted a nice coffee at night. Also, only place for alcohol passed midnight is at the club in the hotel which closes at 2 or 3am. That sucked when we wanted a cocktail late at night but didnt wanna deal with the club crowd. Also the towel situation was kinda ridiculous. They ran outa towels every day and it was always limited. Also our door locking mechanism's battery died and we couldnt enter our room for an hour. They sent someone up quickly but only after resetting the keys 3 times. Same front desk person we dealt with that time is the only one that was not very nice. She couldnt crack a smile the entire time. Fruits are missing in buffet. Nust not enough variety of them. None of this should be a reason not to go. We just had to write it somewhere. Definitely go!

Beach was amazing. Huge area dedicated to the hotel and neighbouring hotels are close but not too close. The pools were phenomenal. More than enough space between chairs and such a large area that we never felt crowded even though all seats were taken. In pool bar was quite nice and convenient. Buffet was hit and miss but never bad. Buffet was massive but selections limited for half our stay. Seemed like the first day had so many better choices. Had lobster one day and the chicken was always well cooked and seasoned. The a la carte restaurants were under expectation. Mole (the mexican one) and the Grill Market were very good, the others I would pass on revisiting. Little restaurant by the pool offered nice snacks all day with really good fries and spring rolls. Great little espresso place and gelato which had great crepes. Espresso shop had realllly good coffee. From the moment you enter you are greeted by a doorman and all you smell is fresh flowers placed right at the front. The rooms are even amazing. We faced the lagoon and loved our balcony. Comfy beds and clean. Only downer was that the bathroom seemed slightly outdated compared to rest of room. The staff were all excellent. Tipping is actually optional and thwy dont start making ur drinks differently after tipping. Also the staff dont magically change moods like at some other hotels. This place was great. We didnt partake in any activities here but prices seemed standard. Cant wait to go back!!

The Jungle Within, brilliant hotel,
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Booking.com advertise free sauna but everything including indoor pool was at a charge. And rooms are a little dated.

The diversity of choice, food & Drink.

Great property with OK rooms.
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Rooms. Bait and switch. I upgraded to a suite ocean view, which on the website showed a jacuzzi. Arrived and was told that was only in a few rooms. Very basic hotel room. Not what I would call a suite. Rip off!

Restaurant options were very good.

Amazingly surprised
    • Royal Service Ocean View Paradisus Junior Suite (Adult Only)

Pool did not stay open late.

When we arrived they took our bags to our room and we were directed to the royal service check in. There we received excellent service and was introduced to our bulter Rosanna. Everything about the experience was amazing.

ok place but service needs improvement; disappointing comparing to our other all inclusive experienc
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite (3adults)

where do I start? (1) I had a question for the property when I booked the hotel two months in advance; they didn't answer until a day before my arrival which was too late for me to make any arrangement; (2) We asked for clean towels three times before somebody delivered; (3) the safebox didn't work in our room, again asked for tech three times but nobody came, we gave up at the end and carried our passports around all the time; (4) the music is really really loud and lasts till 1am or 2am so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a back room; (5) the staff greeting us was only interested in selling spa packages. when we made clear we need time to think about it, she left us right away, without explaining hotel amenities and programs; (6) the frontdesk is not very helpful either. there is no clear instruction on what is included and what not; we had to ask item by item to know what are not included in 'all-inclusive", which actually are a lot; (7) the plumbing system is so old each time I use hotwater the pipe roars; (8) and the elevators, small, slow and smelly; (9) wifi doesn't work well in all areas in the room; I have to stretch my arm at a weird angle to get a strong enough signal; (10) while good location to beach it doesn't have much night life outside of the hotel with the walking distance. you can take the bus or taxi up to north, though.

right on the beach. very nice lobby area. nice food. nice service in restaurants as well as bellboys.

So peaceful.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

Staff would call our room after every thing to check on us. For example we’d call about towels, they’d deliver them and then someone would call to make sure we got the towels. I didn’t like that they charge for a late check out of only an hour. Luckily I had a coupon book.

Staff extra friendly and take good care of you. I wish they gave you a paper bill after every meal in case you wanted to tip additionally. I also always very happy about the restaurant/dining. The food was great - especially dinner!

Beautiful hotel (despite the old building), excellent service.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The staff put us in a high-pressure sales situation to join "club melia" a $10k+/year loyalty program that gives metered access to some resorts and hotels. Luckily, we declined.

Delicious buffet with super-friendly and attentive staff. The omelet bar, the all-included mojitos (especially at the pool bar) and the included sit-down restaurants were the highlights of our stay.

The perfect beach in the area, I’d go back any day!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Skip the thai/Asian a la carte dinner. They lie that all the other restaurants are already booked forcing you to eat there on your first night. Just go to the buffet instead. Other than that everything else was excellent. The check in process is unnecessary slow but then again this place is huge so they need to give you all the information you need.

We spent 3 weeks in the area and this hotel had the perfect beach and the best pools.

Upgraded to Royal Service on check-in.
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Upgraded to Royal Service on check-in. Our butler, Maria, was absolutely amazing. The staff in general were fantastic. The facilities, food, beach were all excellent.

We had a great time at Paradisus, and recommend it highly.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The food. With 8 or 9 restaurants, we couldn't get a good meal in anyone. The only exception was Tempo, where we had a great dinner, but it is the only one not within the all inclusive program.

The hotel is beautiful. We had a one room suite in the Family Concierge area, with ocean view, which was very confortable. The best thing the hotel has, is its staff, they made all the difference. Everybody was friendly, and went out of their way to please us in any way possible. The concierges assigned to us, Gloria and Maria, were exceptional, helping us with every whim we might have. All in all, it was a great week, and we would repeat it without second thoughts.

Fantastic experience!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

I'm pretty picky when it comes to my leisure and hotels. I've traveled to many countries and seen hundreds of hotels across the world. This was one of the best experiences we've ever had. The hotel interior, the level of service, location, food and everything else was just amazing. We will definitely go back again - there is no a better value for money in Mexico or anywhere else where you can travel from the US.

Incredible stay at Paradisus Cancun
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite (3adults)

Reservations for the a la carte restaurants had to be done well in advance, and even though we went to ask for a table at one of the restaurants and saw there were free tables, they did not give one to us because we hadn't reserved beforehand.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were very comfortable and the views to the beach were incredible. The lobby had a huge indoor garden which is something I hadn't seen before in a hotel. Even though the hotel was almost at full capacity it never felt crowded in the pool or the beach area. The food was very good overall and the staff were very welcoming and helped with anything we needed. Even though it is a big hotel it's not hard to get to where you want to with ease.

Beach is brilliant so is the breakfast with the view!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Trying to book a restaurant. I had to really argue for a booking even tho I called 24 hours in advance. The man at reception was so rude too but every other staff member was great Tower 3 is SO noisy!! You may as well sleep in the night club. Be mindful of which room you get. Had we been here more than 2 nights we would have needed to move The incense smell is a little too much at times

Beach is brilliant so is the breakfast with the view! Staff on the beach are so hard working All inclusive is excellent and we are not normally all inclusive people but if you can book the restaurants the quality is amazing and a million times more enjoyable than the Buffett (we aren’t buffet people either) Sunsets are divine Pool or beach are great The open air plan is really interesting and pleasant

Truly all-inclusive resort.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Quite a few baby cockroaches in our bathroom. Drinks are very sweet and food very salty.

Truly all-inclusive resort. We didn't spend a dime once we passed the front door and enjoyed the multitude of options of food and drinks. The hotel and beach are stunning.

Very good stay

Not enough evening entertainment for family and people under 18 years old

Location, restaurants,the best is Vento restaurant, internet ,drinks, atmosphere

Would never stay there again
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

The humidity in the halls and lobby is terrible, really didn't like the hanging ones all over, indoor pools with fish alsoco tributes to that humidity. Pool area had construction all over, not enough chairs and covers for guests. Very old style hotel. Beach was super rocky to get in the sea, big waves most of the time. One of my kids stepped on glass walking barefoot in the hall. The area for the shows is tiny so there's not enough space for everyone to sit and enjoy. The hotel initially gave one of the worst rooms even after being asked prior to the trip of view rooms. Had to fight for it.

The rooms were clean. Buffet was ok, nothing extra ordinary, the steak house was good.

Great family Hotel with very good food - Booking.com didn´t deliver what they offered!
    • Family Concierge Ocean View Junior Suite

When we arrived we were told that we had only booked for 2 adults and we had to pay for our kid that was 5 years old. When we booked with Booking.com we specified that we were going with kids and but the confirmation didn't specify occupants. It felt like a scam as we thought we had a good deal and had to pay extra when we arrived. Hotel was awsome but getting it through booking.com didn´t work well.

The hotel was good, with some issues in the room beds that were fixed after we told them. Food was great with excellent quality all over the different restaurants available. It is great for families with different alternatives to have the kids entertained. The kids zone is very good and you can leave them under supervision having fun.

Average resorts
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

This resorts is too crowded everywhere and we have to wait for a while to get an omelette or just to get a sunny side up egg. The resorts gives credits and we got 1500 resort credits, but I end up not spending any because the hotel gives a bunch of coupons to use for those credits, which are spread out through various activities and none of those credits worth much for the things I like to use. Another thing I don't like is a lack of entertainment other than a show every evening. The show lasts less than a hour and there is nothing else. None of the shows involves guests and it's just one way entertainment.

Staff were generally friendly and we had our favorite staff serving us at the buffet restaurant every morning. We also like staff at the coffee station. Food choices are great at the buffet restaurant. Indoor pool is quite big and stretches around the property.

Will definitely be coming back to paradisus 👌🏼
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Our room was supposed to be a lagoon view which it wasn't!

The variety of restaurants was amazing and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything is at the resort so there was no need to leave for any reason. There was even 24hours room service included in the package.

Paradise in Paradisus
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Really the only thing that stuck out was that the floors in the elevators were this this carpet that caught a lot of dirt and crap and was impossible to keep clean. The rest of the resort was really nice shinny tile flooring.

the overall service was exceptional. There were plenty of activities every day and they did a good job of mixing things up. It was a very kid friendly place with lots of families and things to keep the kids busy. They didn't cheap out with the all inclusive, which included nice wine during dinner and more premium drinks like Don Julio included if you asked for it.

Paradise is Paradisus
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

1. There shows were pretty poor. For as nice a place as this was I would of thought they could have done a lot better. 2. Outside would have been nice for misters to be in different areas to help keep cool.

Extremely clean. Very tropical design. Vines hanging everywhere but very well kept.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

disappoint
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Its not a real 5 star hotel!!! Don't believe their pics on booking. I booked a lake view suite. But the room I got was not a suite. The first day when we arrive, they gave me a parking lot view room on the 1st floor and it smells badly and very dark. Then they switched us to a building view room which faced the other building, there's no privacy in that room I had to close the window all the time. The rooms is soooooooo old and even doesn't have a table and chair. The second day they finally gave us a real lake view room in main building. But still I don't think its as big as they promised on booking.

nice ocean view outside! food is good! swimming pool is good for children!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Absolutely wonderful
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Hotel felt a little bit maze like

Staff went out of their way to serve and beach access was easy and absolutely beautiful Buffet had many different choices to satisfy even the picky eater

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nice resort overall for the price, with beautiful views, but I won't likely return.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Decorum and room accommodations were not as nice as other comparably priced resorts. Poolside entertainment was somewhat lacking. Some parts of the resort had a dank odor, and were poorly air conditioned.

Excellent staff. Very friendly and attentive. Customer service was outstanding.

Premium price with little in return.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Paid premium price $2800.00 (one person) with poor service. Waiter served my son and wife coffee and was walking away without asking me if I wanted some also. Told that a certain dessert and wine would cost more...so much for "all-inclusive." Service was great if you were always tipping!

Omlette was good. Family concierge service very helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Since we stayed there for a night they upgraded out room to...
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Nothing I could think of.

Since we stayed there for a night they upgraded out room to the royals. Staying at an All inclusive hotel was a very good choice and I liked the rooms and restaurants as well

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great location and beach, info could be better as could be facilities availability.
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Lots of things could have been informed at check-in, not so many people for actual check-in as there were for reception, baggage took too long to get to the room and even though I was staying one day the room I got was right in front of the restaurant chimney, too much odor for me.

The attention from all the staff was really remarkable. They were willing and happy to help with needs and inquiries.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

This is NOT A 5 stars standard!!!!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

We really didn't like the fact this hotel shows as 5 stars. IT'S NOT A 5 stars hotel!!!! The standard of this hotel has nothing to do with 5 stars... It's a very old hotel that hasn't been refurbished since many years I guess... At least the state of it looks like that. See the pictures I attached. Another thing I couldn't stand and it really bothered me was the smell of a cheap detergent all over the hotel :( Every time I left the room the smell made me feel sick. Quality of food is very basic, again, nothing to do with 5 stars. We were really disappointed with this hotel! Especially that Melia hotels in Europe have a great reputation and are up to the standards. If you haven't been to 5 stars hotels before you might like it. But if you are well traveled and have 5 stars standards you definitely will be disappointed.

The service in this hotel was really good. Really lovely and helpful staff. The inside of the hotel looks beautiful at night

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Would definitely book this hotel again! Great stay!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Breakfast was vary and with great choice. Many restaurants with very good quality food. Personal was always helpful und very friendly. Had All inclusive option all week long (drinks included also at the beach) Would definitely come back! Car rental, organised tours and all services can be booked at the hotel. We had a really great stay!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The restaurant, Tempo, which is not included in the cost, is...
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

The restaurant, Tempo, which is not included in the cost, is definitely worth going to! I am an admitted food snob, and this was an absolutely excellent meal, with excellent wine pairings.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Overall great vacation
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

We could not get into the restaurants we wanted to go to for dinner. Was told they were booked. We were there for 3 nights

Very nice room. Great bathroom and shower. Loved the balcony with lagoon view. Beach area clean and beautiful. Staff was friendly. Smooth check-in and out. Breakfast buffet was delicious

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good facilities, need better management and staff training
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The front desk staffs were beyond incompetent in terms of customer service (Isela was the only one who tried to help us). We booked through booking.com a week before check-in and received confirmation with no issues. But when we arrived the hotel can't find our reservation in their system. It was strange but Isela was prompted to help us with check in and ensured us they will contact booking.com to verified everything. She also ensured us they will honor the price in our reservation from booking.com. It was all good until the next day when someone else takes over. The guy took about half hour calling different department in the hotel and told us they can not find our reservation in their system (yeah we knew that already!) and since we don't have a reservation we have to pay the full price of an astronomical daily rate. I told him what Isela said, with no enthusiasm at all, he said you should contact booking.com yourselves, it is not their fault nor their responsibility to do so. I would suggest the hotel medal him with best service of the year right there. So, we took matters into our hand, contact booking.com. Waiting was a bit long but the customer service was superb. After contacted the hotel, Kathleen, the booking.com representative also sent us an email with detail just in case they didn't inform the front desk staff when checked out. With "no" surprise at all, we received the great "I don't care" service during checked out. No one in the hotel informs front desk staffs about our situation so we have to explain everything to them again. After being passed between different staffs, finally, someone with a higher rank took the email copy and said they will verify with their reservation department. At this point, we are beyond frustrating and don't want to deal with them anymore.

Spacious room. Food selection is decent.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Careful for the untrue price.
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

I just lived here for one night. But they charged me $250 more for this night. I asked the price of that night when I checked in. The price they gave me is $250 less compared with the price I booked it on Booking.com. When I asked paradius why you charged me $250 more on booking. They said it's booking charging you this amount, not us. So I email booking.com. Well then...Booking.com said it's paradius's problem, I should contact them. So obviously, they just push the fault to each other. No one takes responsibility. I am not angry, I just feel disappointed. I will never stay in Paradius. They don't care about you once they charged your money from your account.

It's very clean and food is good.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

NOTHING like on photos!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The hotel is very old and many things are not functioning. I lost the whole first day of being moved from the room to the room and each room was faulty. It was misleading to see lovely photos online and in reality some old furnished rooms that do not look like anything like on photos. Rooms stated as' junior suite' are BASIC rooms - nothing even close to a suite. The food looks good on eye but tastes bad. Low cost - low quality - price matches the reality of the hotel standard. Just do not expect to get what you see on internet.

The beach is very nice and natural sinks outside Cancun.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Superb holiday
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Booking.com has 30% higher price then the hotel's website!! :/ Won't book with them anymore!!

Everything was perfect! The staff, the service the comfort. Wasn't cheap but worth every penny! Our room had a jacuzzi on the terrace and the view was breathing! Will definitely come back!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

We liked the beach and pool area and food options and staff!

Food was average and could have been better- dinner reservations should be more flexible.

We liked the beach and pool area and food options and staff!rooms were nice too

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Paradise!!!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

There was an enormous choice of food, many restaurants with amazing dishes and drinks. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms cleaned and mini bars restocked every day. There was everything anyone could wish for in a holiday facility. If we ever go back to Mexico again, we will definitely go back to Paradisus!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

EVERYTHING!
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite (3adults)

The night show is very nice, but the place where it takes place it's not too comfortable to whatch it.

EVERYTHING!!! It was the best vacation I've ever had.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The restaurants
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

The room had ants.! And the solution. They came in and sprayed Raid.

The restaurants

No birds when eating

No birds when eating

• Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Second staying and not the last one
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Mi segunda estancia en Paradisus Cancún y seguramente no la última a

Food at the buffet was excellent.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

Food at the buffet was excellent. Also the waffle an ice cream stand was great.

Excellent hotel!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

We spent 6 nights at the hotel during our honeymoon and our experience was amazing. Super friendly staff, excellent rooms and great beach.

Great view of the beach!
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Great view of the beach! Best beach view in Cancun. The ocean looks amazing!

Unbelievable
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

I liked what the hotel had ro offer, the size and cleaness and beauty

Great and very recommended hotel
    • Paradisus Junior Ocean View Suite

Beautiful hotel, great food, great staff, good location.

Taxi rates are inconsistent and too $$$$.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Taxi rates are inconsistent and too $$$$.

The hotel is in hotel zone and the beach is right in front...
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

The hotel is in hotel zone and the beach is right in front of the hotel. The swimming pool is quite big enough to have fun.

True paradise!
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

True paradise! Amazing staff and will be returning

Food could be better.

Food could be better.

Expensive for a room that requires an upgrade pyramid 1 and poor food
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Food was bland production like and too much salt Drinks ....wine was awful (all inclusive) other drinks full of sugar

position of hotel on beach

it is a great place to stay for vacation. Foods are great and I would recommend this hotel to friend
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite (3 Adults)

Waiting for long time (about 1 hour) when checkin.

Foods are really good. Lots of choices and it changes everyday

Staff went above and beyond.
    • Paradisus Junior Lagoon View Suite

Staff went above and beyond. Very family friendly