Reviews of Hacienda Real del Caribe Hotel 4 stars

Avenida 10 Esquina Calle 10 Norte, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Mexico

#78 of 191 hotels in Playa del Carmen

Not worth the money
    • Queen Room

- it’s very loud there. The hotel is surrounded by clubs and bars and they won’t stop until 6 am - the WiFi is very slow and does not reach inside the rooms - the breakfast is not good. I would recommend to eat outside. - the room is clean but the bed, tv and furniture is very old and not modern - all in al is it not worth the money. There are more modern hotels for the same price

It’s near to the beach and shopping locations

Property is nice looking and the interiors have character.

Customer Service is average. Rooms and bathroom are not the cleanest. The worst part is the noise. Bars and clubs around the hotel play pounding music until 5.00 AM. Hotel windows are not double glazed to cut down this noise. So if you are looking to retire into bed by midnight, this hotel is not for you.

Property is nice looking and the interiors have character.

Convenient location, but could do with some internal updating

unfortunately our room which was on the third level was not so comfortable. The room was quite dated but it was more the air-conditioning was not very cool at all making the nights quite uncomfortable. The room was also located next to the busy street so it was extremely noisy. This was no fault of the hotel but it was difficult to sleep over the loud noise below. The staff member who served us at the front desk seemed a bit put out by our late booking and made little effort to hide his annoyance which didn't really help the situation.

The location was very central and reasonable walking distance to the bus terminal. The foyer is spacious, cool and comfortable and the gentleman who assisted us with luggage was very friendly. The pool is also lovely and enjoyable.

* it was clean
    • Room Selected at Check In

* very noisy at night, you can hear loud music from clubs around * breakfast includes only coffee/juice, toast, scramble and fruits

* it was clean * central location * breakfast was very good quality (though there were no options/variety)

Great staff.

Loud at night. Fine with earplugs!

Great staff. They were very helpful. I had a lock on the door to my room broken and they fixed it with half an hour. The pool was nice. Location is close to everything.

Pretty good location, need some rebuilding

The hotel needs some rebuilding, but it was ok. As it is close to main avenue, ask for a quiet room to make it more confortable. The A/C is a little noise too but you are good.

The hotel has an excellent location and staff is really nice, they helped me to book some tours for a good price. The pool is really cool too. The restaurante has an excellent price for braskfast comparing with the region, I recomend to take breakfast there.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Really GOOD!!!
    • Queen Room

There is not enough parking lots

What I liked the most about this place is the location, absolutely perfect!! Really close to 5th Avenue where all the restaurants, stores and clubs are but at same time far enough from the crowd and club music, the staff is so friendly, the pool is good. Very good value for the price!!!

My favorite: The hotel’s architecture.

This is me picking nits, so take this with a grain of salt: Our room was a big corner room with a massive balcony overlooking a side street off 5th Avenue, BUT it was right up against the wall to a bar that played music from about 7pm until 4am. We weren’t really bothered because we were out most nights, but I can see how this can be annoying. Other tiny dislikes: The hotel lost power and plumbing stopped working on our last day. It was out for several hours which left our room very warm and the ability to pee/poop impossible. Doesn’t taint my love of this hotel at all because who can control that kind of stuff? 🤷🏾‍♀️

My favorite: The hotel’s architecture. The style and warm, subtle colors are just really pretty to look at morning, noon and night, and is laced with green vines, trees and other plants. Add the warm pool in the center and it’s like a private oasis. Other pluses: Location, location. The hotel is a quick walk to the beach, and a block away from the club scene and good bars/restaurants. Also, the air conditioning was SUPERB.

*DEATH BY THIRST*
    • Queen Room

The night staff were terrible. The place stunk of fungus and humidity,, if you have allergies stay away. The bathroom floor had what looked like a water leakage. And they only provide 2 towels. So nothing for hands, or floor, or face. We didn't even have drinking water. I went and told the man at the lobby and he just said that he will report to the house keeping in the morning. (We were there for that night only) And that the room should have 2 bottles of water, he said it with a suspicious tone as if I wanted to steal water from him?? And he said to go out of the hotel to buy my own water as they don't have any. So instead of telling me that he would send someone from the hotel to do us the favor as they didnt have any, I had to go with my husband in the rain, in the middle of the night to get the darn bottle of water. When we were trying to sleep there was a group of people who were louder than anything, they were literally screaming and laughing from 10 pm till 6 am. I called the reception to ask if they close the pool area (it's in the center of the hotel, therefore you can hear it from every room) and they said that people can do what they want as there are lots of bars around so they can scream all they want. To top it off those loud people had the room next to us, it really felt like they were in our bed of how much louder it got. At 7 am they started to drill and hammer... Really?! 7am?! 7!!? OMG! Can't they at least wait till 10? When we checked out 8 am, the morning guy gave me an attitude because we left the TV remote in the room?? I had no idea they wanted us to bring it to them, I guess the kind of people that stay there are the ones that would need to steal a TV remote?? Conclusion! If you can sleep on the railroad tracks under a running train, and don't mind the most disgusting customer service, then this place might be great for you!

The hacienda is a beautiful building. The construction looks like an authentic colonial style home.

Should not be open to public.
    • Queen Room

Smell of mould in the room was disgusting. Same thing in the room that we were offered instead. Very bad for your health and comfort. We had to open the window and doors for 10 min every time before entering the room. It was a disgrace. All my clothes smelled. Towels smelled. Very disappointed with this place. I am very surprised that I haven't found similar reviews as it was impossible to enjoy the holidays in this place.

Right in the centre of town.

Hacienda fun!

Room was on busy street, so it was hard to sleep with all the street noise. We had an early flight, but if you are there to party, no problem. Request a room away from the street if you would like it more quiet.

Great location, comfortable courtyard pool, and helpful staff.

Nice Stay

It was a 9/10 on the cleanliness scale. I could still see traces of the last guests hanging around.

Staff was very accomodating by allowing us to check in super early at no extra charge. Front desk guy was really great! Central location which is walking distance away from everything!

Value

The front desk was slow, especially check- in, because only one person ever seemed to actually work there at any one time. Room 222 was noisy due to nearby bars and because a retail unit directly underneath was doing noisy renovatipns. Housekeeping had an unusual amount of difficulty giving me the towels I was supposed to have.

The pool was nice. I liked the hacienda style of the hotel and value for money.

Great location, very comfortable and ample rooms.
    • Queen Room

Great location, very comfortable and ample rooms. Ice cold AC and hot water at all times. Check in is very smooth and entire staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Without hesitation will be my place to stay in Playa del Carmen.

Lots of charm & great location

Beds were a quite firm. The nightclub adjacent was very noisy until around 3a.m., however, you could only hear it from the bathroom in our room (room 112)

Very near the main pedestrian area, shops and restaurants. Rooms are exactly as pictured and bathroom was huge. Breakfast area on the top floor was nice.

BAD!!!!!!

I made this reservation 4 months before my travel requesting the 1st floor because my mother was not able to walk, well I got there and they gave us a room in the 2nd floor and to make it worst the elevator was not working because it was raining. I told the lady in the front desk my mother was not able to use the stairs with the wheelchair so she said they will turn on the elevator and that either way we could continue using the elevator because someone was on the way to fix the elevator. Well it turned out no one came to fix the elevator and when I went to the front desk asking if they could turn on the elevator for my mother the guy from maintenance got so upset and told us that if he turns on the elevator it will be under our own risk. I truly don’t recommend this hotel, you’re better off staying at a cheaper hotel then this one that’s pricing and the true it’s not all that. his reservation 4 months before my travel request

Bad experience. Not able to sleep due to loud music around the hotel. No sound proof in the hotel.

There are several bars around the hotel, one that plays loud music all night long. It is IMPOSSIBLE to sleep before 5 a.m when the bar stops playing music. We could not sleep at all the entire period we were there (3 nights) and we were exhausted during the day to enjoy the activities. El hotel está al lado de varios bares, un específico que toca música hasta las 5 de la mañana en el máximo volumen, 'e imposible dormir en ese hotel, pasamos todas las noches en claro pudiendo dormir sólo después de las 5 de la mañana debido a la música en el último volumen.

Cleanness. Limpieza

Perfect for what I wanted.
    • Queen Room

I had the bad luck that the beach was full of sea weed, so we could not swim, But this has nothing to do with the hotel.

The location is incredible, right in the middle of the action, but still manage to be quiet!

excellent location for partyanimals. maybe not te best hotel for the family
    • Queen Room

Wifi never worked in the room. Room TVs are very old, no cable, so no Wifi as well makes things a little boring in the room.

But location is excellent if you get the Street view to Calle 10

The location is great.
    • Queen Room

The location is great. A lot of bars, clubs and restaurants are located just around the hotel. It can get a little loud at night. However, we absolutely didn’t mind. The room was good, everything there that was needed. Nice pool in the patio. We can recommend this hotel!

We stayed for 4 nights.

We stayed for 4 nights. Our room was very clean and we had comfortable beds. We also enjoyed the pool. Staff was nice and accomodating. They were willing to help with anything we needed. The hotel is located close to the beach and the tourist area, which was very convenient. No problems going out at night, which was one concern of my friend and me, since we were just travelling by ourselvs. Good food options around the hotel.

It was fine
    • Queen Room

Both rooms I had twin beds, why not a king? Person who checked me in was not friendly Don’t expect to have parking its subject to availability

Big room Location is perfect I like the design of the hotel

Perfect except the noise (morning and at night)
    • Queen Room

Very noisy in the morning by the cleaning ladies. They are all connected by talky walki. You really need to change your communication equipment (hearplug). Also noisy by bars and clubs at night around the hotel.

Very nice hotel and swimming pool. Perfect for family or couple. Very clean hotel and very good rooms

For a short stay it is ok

Our room was located on the side of the street where a disco was. There was no way we could sleep. At 4am there were people screaming and loud music. If you come to rest this is not a good place. Breakfast starts at 8am,so if you have an early flight or want to do an excursion you can't have breakfast. The staff at the reception were not very nice. We needed the time for the bus to the airport and she said she didn't really know. So we had to ask if she could please find it online. We had a few cases like this that we asked something and that they weren't very helpful.

Nice pool, good and comfortable beds

Awesome location, gorgeous hotel in Playa with wonderful staff!
    • Queen Room

I was disappointed that we didn't have a balcony. Part of it is that we accepted a room on the first floor right next to the pool, which was cool but I would have liked a balcony from a higher floor. Now, I should say that when we checked in, the office staff asked if we had any particular requests and I said we didn't really, but I know now that I should be specific about that since it something that I usually really enjoy. The only other thing is that in our room, we didn't have any extra chair/desk or couch area to sit, so we could only really sit on the bed if we wanted to sit. That was kind of weird for me, but everything else was great.

The location of this spot was really great. We enjoyed being so close to so many attractions and even the beach itself. We really liked going down to 5th Ave where there are a lot of restaurants and shops to find momentos. The staff was eager to help with any questions we had and provided all the assistance we asked for and they spoke English very fluently, which made things very easy, even though I do speak some Spanish. The open air pool area was beautiful and we really enjoyed our time there as their quests. There is also a reasonably priced restaurant on the top floor that we really enjoyed, too.

Great Vacation!
    • Room Selected at Check In

We enjoyed being at this property. The staff were so friendly. The location was perfect, so close to everything. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Sitting outside in the evening on the terrace and watching all the nightlife and hearing music was lively. This was a very relaxing vacation. I would highly recommend this location. We will definately be back. Thank you to all the great staff that made our vacation a memorable one! Hola!

You need to stay here

LOVED my stay at this place. Loved coming out of my room to see the beautiful pool and greenery. The location was the bonus. You can walk to local restaurants, beaches, shops, bars etc. Every you need is in walking distance. You can also catch a collectivo to the local cenotes. A must see! Excellent customer service from Emmanuel and Paol!

The room was great, bathroom nice and clean.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast overpriced and not satisfying

The room was great, bathroom nice and clean. Pool was fine and staff was helpful. Would come back here. Location was perfect as well. One block from main shopping street and 5 min from ADO bus terminal.

Great stay!
    • Queen Room

Staff very helpful, I was afraid there would be a parking space problem (the hotel being in the very center of town, the places are limited), but the parking attendants made it easy, I took out the car each day and arrived in the evening to find a place. Stayed for 5 nights. Spacious room & try to book one on the inside (facing the pool) - the street noise will not trouble you.

Stay here you will love it.
    • Queen Room

My towels smelled horrible one day they where quickly changed. My brother who was staying across the street was not allowed in the facilities but we sneaked him in anyway. They had ran out of rooms so he had to stay else where.

I have stayed here a couple times before and you cant beat the location, price, and friendly staff.

Dissatisfactory.

First, the bathing towels are smelly and toilet is old. (no bathtub like the photos) Second, the mini fridge is not working at all. Third, first 2 bottles of water is complimentary but subsequent ones are chargeable. Fourth, the "Junior Suite" is not like what is shown on the photos. Small balcony with no hammock but just a small table and two chairs facing the road. FIfth, most rooms only have twin beds but no king sized bed. Last, the receptionist is not professional to charge wrongly then locked our room for the first 2 days due to underpaying of about $40. Kindly take our feedbacks seriously and improve so as to lose future customers. Thanks!

Location is near to popular Avenue 5 and Playa de Carmen.

Could be a nice hotel with improved services.

At the front desk upon arrival about 10 employees were sharing a pizza turning their back to us. Housekeeping was not done the second day, we had no towels until 5pm. CRT television from the 1980's. The large window that is one feet from the ground can be opened from the outside with a plastic knife - not safe. Wifi only in the lobby that seats 5 people. No drinking water, we had to buy our own. Air conditioning is off while guest is out, upon return very stuffy and musty smell. Front desk refused to issue a second key.

The courtyard is pretty. The small pool is clean. Good location.

I had a good experience.

Smoking and mess at tables at the pool not clean. Thought the property non smoking not just the rooms . Cushions and tables at the pool require updating.

Service and people. A well run hotel. Location and balcony facing west. They went out of there way to make me feel at home. They were hardworking everyday and smiles always.

Recommend if you can handle some noise.

Noise at night but we knew that b4 going😏

Staff # 1 great service bring ear plugs!! Great hotel in the centre of the action👌Wifi worked as it should in our room. Great room. Miss the place already.Thanks to the maple syrup staff.

Overall, I was satisfied with the services
    • Room Selected at Check In

The noise, the room needs to be sound-proofed

It's close to the action, Quinta Avenida, short walk to the beach, restaurants, entertainment and shops.

Typical mexican style.

Maybe better Wi-Fi connection and more towels in room. Get new Coffee and water every day, because you get this only on the first night.

Typical mexican style. Looks amazing. Nice shower with perfect pressure (not so common in Mexico). Love the pillows on beds, it was really comfortable. Amazing staff. They will help you with everything. They smile all the time. We really like young boy Enrique, he was the best. He deserves any benefits because he really love his job and he could be the best person as well. He is always smiling and you feel like at home because of him. The location is great (not so noisy) we do not have any problem with sleeping. Close to ADO bus and Collectivo station. Nice beach is around 10minutes walk. We will definitely come back.

Good value in a great location with a super friendly staff!!
    • Queen Room

Some of the furniture is ready or close to ready for updating. It's not bad just looking a little worn in spots.

The hotel is in a great location that is very close to the center of downtown. The room is a decent size and it had decent linens and the WIFI was very good and most importantly, the staff is super helpful and friendly!!

Wonderful!

Policy on pool usage for guests staying at other hacienda properties! Really would help us come back!wonderful

Great staff, loved the pool! Very nice breakfast selection on 4th floor! Looking forward roof top deck finish!

Horrible staff !!

The staff is horrible does not not know how to treat guests. Any issue we had it was a one word response with no solution and then on night when I expressed how upset I was to the the night shift receptionist who was barely ever in his position to begin with he told my husband I have an attitude and that he wants to help yet didn’t help at all !

Place is nice overall Mexican style decor and very close to everything. There is a nice beach bar up the block zenin definitely try it

The hotel in general was very nice.

The staff was extremely rude and barely ever in reception. The parking attendants are super sneaky and even made us pay for parking even though we had free parking. When we went to complain to reception to see if paying was even normal the receptionist was probably taking a snooze break and it wasn’t even that late. Additionally we had friends staying in the partner hotel who checked out a day earlier and wanted to park and leave they’re stuff with us something we were entitled two being we were four people with two double rooms therefore completely entitled to two spots and occupancy for more than two people. They made our friend carry our other friends luggage to their room without any assistance. I still don’t understand why.

The hotel in general was very nice. Traditional Mexican style with a very nice pool and just beautiful plants and trees everywhere. The rooms were clean although the first day we had to request for it to be cleaned and they could really give an extra towel or two one towel and no face towel is just not normal for a hotel in 2018

Very vood value of money!
    • Queen Room

Well the breakfast was poor. Noisiness of the streets didn’t let us sleep well, but since the hotel is in the middle of everything and we could walk to everywhere, then it was not that bad. The hotel should do repairing work some other time, when nobody is staying in the next room where the repairing is done! It is not ok, if you are woken up on Saturday morning with a banging behind the wall!

Location and the value of money! Great hotel! Room was big, we had a balconi facing the 10th Av., all the restaurants and shops where near.

Cute place but needs a lot of renovations.

The bathrooms are very outdated and need a lot more cleaning my bathroom was very dirty and green . The fridges tv and wifi barely work.

The property felt very cosy and the staff are very friendly .

Nice stay

Refreshing renovation would be good.

First of all I liked the English speaking staff especially Thomas. Greetings from Estonia! ;) Location is good, hotel looks very nice. I do like harder beds and it was perfect for us. The beds were big enough for 2 adults.

Nice pool and hotel style

The wifi was bad and they charge extra for breakfast (like 7usd per person per night for that price you can eat anywhere you want at playa)

Nice pool and hotel style

Very pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate booking again if we are ever back to playa del carmen.
    • Queen Room

It was all very nice and we would stay there again. Added extras like taxes etc should be applied up front and not added once booking has been completed.

Very pleasant courtyard with nice looking plants and pool. The staff were tremendous and very helpful.

Great location very authentic Mexican hacienda!
    • Queen Room

They didn’t even give us a little bit of milk for coffee! Restaurant needed some improvement!

Great location very authentic Mexican hacienda! Nice rooms and big bathrooms! Great value! Close to beaches!

Great location, nice hotel.
    • Queen Room

The toilet and the shower both leaked so the bathroom floor was always wet.

The room was a suite which was just like in the pictures and had a very nice terrace.

A hotel with a lot of charm hidden behind the chaos of 5 ave.
    • Queen Room

The internet wasn't always working. Very frustrating for a foreigner travelling from city to city wanting to make plans.

The staff and the ambience. Location was great.

Would never stay here again. Rooms are noisy, unclean and staff are not very helpful.

The door barely shut properly. The bathroom was a mess when we checked into the room and it barely was cleaned during our stay. I’m the room, you could hear the neighbouring rooms without any obstruction and this meant we were constantly woken up by the doors and activities of neighbouring rooms. They only allowed one key to the room which meant often there were knocks on other room doors. Complimentary water was only provided on the first night.

Great location and great room.

The TV didn't work, kept asking for a password. We reported it to the front desk twice, but it wasn't fixed. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway, so OK. Only 1 coffee packet, and 2 would have been better.

The beds were super comfy. The room (306) was large, quiet, and clean. Shower pressure was great! Great location. Easy to get to shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

Wifi was not good.
    • Queen Room

Wifi was not good. Could only connect at the pool. The staff said it was due to the amount of guests trying to use it, but they should be able to cater to the demand. The hotels itself is a little shabby although clean and in a good location.

Lovely to look at but limited service

Wifi did not work, very noisy from people inside the hotel, extensive emails with the hotel before we arrived which were ignored, damp in the room, TV did not work, no private outside space. Linens threadbare, lumpy pillows

Hotel Location, Large Room, Attractive setting, friendly staff

Great hotel with good location

They offer breakfast on 4th floor at additional cost. However it's slow and very basic

Great location, clean facilities, friendly and very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Lovely stay

I do think that the rooms could use a renovation especially the bathroom.

The staff was very helpful and the stay in general was very nice. The beds are comfortable and the location is perfect if you want to be close to the beach and the busy streets of Playa Del Carmen. Everything you need you will find close by. They have a yoga place next door called “yoga loft”, which was one of my highlights during my stay.

Wonderful stay at the hacienda

Apparently the coffee is only free for the first night but luckily there was an oxxo across the street when we bought our own

Perfect location close to the beach and 5th Ave. Rooms were nice and pool area was beautiful especially at night with all the lights. Staff were very helpful and eager to help with everything. Great place to stay with children... Just be sure to get a room away from coco bongos

Not bad for the price

We could smell the sewerage in the bathtub. Only one soap. Toiletries were not good. Bed was too firm. Only half empty napkin box and toilet paper roll. Not much light in the room as it only had one ceiling bulb. Don't expect too much for $70/night in the heart of Playa. Location made it up for everything else.

Location is amazing. Parking was available but limited. If they're out, it'll run you $10 for an all day parking in nearby garages. They gave us a quiet room which was nice. Safe is available for free.

Fantastic location, lovely hotel and the best staff- would highly recommend.

Shower needed an upgrade.

Staff were incredible. Turned up for check in and found out our bank had blocked all our cards (despite telling them we would be abroad). There was nothing we could do so late at night but staff agreed to let us stay and pay in the morning. Couldn't be more grateful!

I will stay again!

No major complaints at all. A personal recommendation - figure out a way to issue two room keys to the guests and leave the remotes in the rooms. With that said, I look forward to staying there again.

The staff was excellent. For those that are not comfortable with Spanish, the staff speaks excellent english. The location is absolutely perfect. If you're coming here from Cancun Airport consider taking the ADO bus. As of now it is 178 pesos (9USD) each way on an air conditioned bus with WIFI. It drops off 5 minute walk away from the hotel.

Great location, but I think the rating here is too high for the current conditions of the hotel

- PARKING! They only have a very limited amount of parking spots (16 or something around this number). If you arrive when they are all occupied, you are by yourself and finding a parking spot is very hard here. If you complain about the fact that they did not describe this on booking.com they will smile at you and tell you that it's not their problem. Not a good idea staying here if you rent a car. - BUILDERS WORKING AT NIGHT (11:30PM). Not a good idea staying here if you want to rest at night. I had to complain at 11:30 at night because someone was hammering at night. - SMELL OF MOLD. Very very strong smell of mold in the room and no windows in the room. Only a very little one in the bathroom that won't help. - dirty sheets and blankets. Make up on the pillows and stains on the blankets - bathroom needs maintenance (and cleaning)

- Very close to 5 avenida, a nice promenade with plenty of shops and restaurants - Except for one person at the reception, all the people that I interacted with at this hotel were nice and helpful

Friendly staff (although, check in and any recommendations...

The room smelled overwhelmly musty/damp! And dark. Decor, beds etc was fine but quite outdated. Hotel and rooms in general could do with a bit of a cosmetic makeover and be gorgeous, place needs some TLC.

Friendly staff (although, check in and any recommendations seemed very scriptive!), pool and sun loungers. Great location - close to everything!

They could improve some things
    • Queen Room

The Wi-Fi connection was very poor. In a decent hotel nowadays good a good Wi-Fi is a must. I didn't like that the courtains are almost transparent so they don't cover the light fron outside.

The location was excelent and the hotel has a very nice indoor pool.

The place is near all the shipping malls and the main bazar.
    • Queen Room

There is little noise from outside of the hotel (coco bongo, bars) that make hard to sleep -we ask for the quiet room

The place is near all the shipping malls and the main bazar. The hotel is cheap and have a good pool! (The Beach in playa not so good, so its must!)

Good location for value

Most of the rooms were incredibly noisy, like having a party inside. Rooms were a bit old to be a 4 star hotel; beds' springs could be felt, wooden windows' locks were in bad condition, an old TV set...

A great location, close to the 5th avenue. Staff was really attentive and helpful. Rooms were big, with 2 double beds, air conditioning and a fan on the ceiling. Bathroom had 2 sinks and a huge mirror, really nice.

Great location, friendly staff ask for a room at the back away from noise.

Unfortunately because it's so close to everything it was very noisy at night. We had to change rooms from the front of the hotel to the back, but the staff were lovely about it and gave us a larger room right by the pool.

The location was amazing walk to everything. The staff were lovely and the pool was nice.

• Queen Room

Night club strip directly outside our window and zero sound proofing in the room. No sleep until 3am when music and noise stopped. Poor wifi connection in the room. Uncomfortable pillows and shower drain was clogged.

Great Value in Playa with a nice pool for the kids !

This hotel would have been an amazing place to stay 20 years ago. However it now needs a major renovation to bring it back to its once former glory. All of the rooms I have stayed in have the typical old "Musty smell" associated with concrete construction in the tropics . But as far as value for the money goes the place is hard to beat !

This hotel is very close to the night club coco bongo. This night club ramps up around midnight and pretty much rock and rolls all night long. If you are lucky and get a room on the South side facing the pool, you should be able to get a good nights sleep. HOWEVER if you get a room facing tenth ave, then you better have ear plugs because YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SLEEP. So if you are here for a nice quiet nights rest = ask for a room facing the pool. If you are here to party you will be just fine !

Relaxing, luxurious and the staff couldn't do more for me.
    • Queen Room

A TV a little more modern but it's mexico who wants to sit around watching television anyway!! Gorgeous place.

The staff were so eager to help, offer their assistance and the room was absolutely massive. I was travelling alone and after sleeping on a bunk bed for a month without AC to be in such a big spacious room with marble floors and two king size beds was heaven!! The staff also let me use his charger in my room and just asked I passed it back when I was finished. Went to get me a taxi ect couldn't be more helpful! The swimming pool and views inside were beautiful.

Although the mentioned above problems we enjoy our stay at the hotel

Very strong smell of humidity We had to leave the window open because of the smell There were building works in the hotel and outside so there was a lot of noise starting from 8 on the morning There is a club near the hotel with very loud music till 3 on the morning

Nice building Beautiful room with a balcony over the pool Great and very clean swimming pool

The staff is helpful and friendly.
    • Queen Room

The A/C in the room was pretty old, it was hard to operate. We had a room with view to the street, there was a concert going on till 3 a.m. - it was pretty loud. We didn`t mind but if somebody`s looking for a quiet place it can be a problem.

The staff is helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very tasty. Location is great, very close to 5th Avenue and major attractions. We loved the swimming pool!

Great location good value for money

We had to ask to change rooms because the first one didn't have any windows and was extremely small and dark.

The staff were very accommodating and the location was perfect.

Hard to beat value for the money !

Hot humid room with typical "old hotel musty smell"

We paid around U.S. $65.00 tax included which was excellent value for money. Friendly and accommodating English speaking front desk staff.

Great location, good cleaning, nice staff!

When i booked the room it was with balcony and when we arrived there, they gave us one room without balcony for 2 days then they change us the room. For 3 or 4 days we woke up with some noise from a hammer drill which is not acceptable when you are in vacation...to relax!

Nice staff, the cleaning was very good and the location is very good!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Eat, Stay, Love, Hacienda Real
    • Queen Room

Rooms are not soundproof,noise from pool area could be a problem for some, live music from outside club start at midnight noise can be disturbing.

Hotel is excellent, perfect location and very good value, spacious rooms. Wonderful staff very accommodating. Playa is a lively town, sleep by day, party by night,lots of restaurants and shops, walking distance to beach. Walmart 3 blocks away, stock up on everything you need.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Bad Start To Honeymoon
    • Queen Room

Rooms weren't as large as the photos make them appear...beds were hard as rock....you can hear pool noise all day through the window in the bathroom..the shower was large and the water was hot....no washcloths and they were stingy with the towels... we had to ask 2 times for towels We were there 1 1/2 days. There is a large rooftop that had a hammock but it was broken.... We were on our honeymoon. We like and understood this was a low budget option and a boutique type of hotel but it wasn't what we envisioned at all so we decided to make other accommodations......we requested to receive a refund for our unused nights (5).....extremely long story short they were extremely uncooperative. They even said no one in the hotel spoke English including the manager when I had booking.com call on my behalf. They spoke perfect English when we were there....in the end Booking.com did an amazing job and helped me get our money back....very disappointed in this hotel

The property was in a Great location

Perfect location
    • Queen Room

Perfect location, nice staff and clean room. Make sure you ask for a room with exit to the inner courtyard (pool), because otherwise, you'll have trouble sleeping during the weekends. There is a bar across the road that plays live music until the morning.

Browse Hacienda Real del Caribe Hotel traveller photo gallery