Reviews of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun All Inclusive 5 stars

Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Hotel Zone, 77500 Cancún, Mexico

#17 of 189 hotels in Cancún

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

1. Room number (rate 9/10) was excellent, clean and...
    • Platinum Deluxe King Room

1. Room service (5/10) - Pillows were either not cleaned either not changed because there was a unpleasant odor from them - Regularly mini bar was not fulfilled properly in terms of juices/coca colas and alcohol - When I ordered 4 coca cola into the room number I was waiting for 40(!) minutes in the evening time (I've done 2 calls to reception to fasten the process) 2. Night entertainment program (2/10) C'mon guys, it is HARD ROCK! There should be something to do at the night time - for example, night club or DJ party. All of the guests at the hotel are just seating at the bar and drinking included alco 3. Beach zone (0/10) For our couple it is important to have the ability to swim at the ocean and not in the pool where everyone is staying. Yet it is impossible to swim at the ocean because of the seaweed that comes to the beach. I really figured out some hotels that are cleaning beach zone and nearest ocean part from seaweed. 4. Limitless resort credit It is a benefit of the hotel that it exists, but for 1) SPA procedures; 2) Goods on the territory of the hotel it is working like a trick because anywhere outside the hotel you can really buy goods cheaper than in the hotel

1. Room number (rate 9/10) was excellent, clean and comfortable. Everything that is needed were there. One thing is that Bluetooth was not working at the audio device (room number 488) 2. Restaurants (10/10) was excellent - food is great, menu is divercified, staff is very gently 3. Hotel territory (9/10) - bars and pools were at the expectations level 4. Limitless resort credit - the best program that allows you to purchase trips for only 20% of the cost. Pay attention that I'm speaking about the trips only, not goods at the stores situated on the territory of the hotel or SPA procedures

Highly recommended if it meets your budget
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

Probably the best hotel i've been to so far. It was an unmatchable experience by far. The food, the facilities, the staff, everything was on spot.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

This HOTEL IS A MUST......I WILL BE BACK.....❤❤

I LOVED EVERYTHING....

This place was so Amazing.....The bartender (Li) at the inside bar is the BEST. Great conversation and really appreciate his service. Excellent service from the entire staff...

The hotel has a different style and the rock theme is very...
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

It was my biggest deception in terms of hotel so far. Considering my previous experiences in Cancun, this is far the worst hotel I stayed there. First impression: The lobby is crowded and very noisy. Whenever I put my first foot on the room, the telephone was ringing and it was the people from Legendary trying to sell us a life plan for their hotel. This was a terrible, I repeat, terrible experience. If you go there, don’t accept any conversation saying you won a courtesy gift from the hotel. This is conditioned to a time spent with salespeople desperate to sell their product. They seem to be more focused on selling new packages than satisfying their customers. This caused the contrary effect on us, since we never want to go back there. The price charged is abusive if compared to what is delivered. The food is good, not great. The staff is also not very good. EVERY day they knocked out on our door at 08 in the morning, and we were not awake at this time. There were not enough chairs by the pool. The tablecloths and bedding were old and sometimes seemed dirty, with stains.

The hotel has a different style and the rock theme is very nice for the music lovers. The waiters are very nice.

When I go back to Cancun this will not be my hotel of choice for the price you don’t get quality!
    • Platinum Deluxe King Room

The food wasn’t good at all. Booked reservation for 3 rooms with 2 people in each got there wasn’t allowed second person in each room. Then when time to check out our additional person wristbands magical appeared. Some staff members were rude! Requested to have all rooms near one another ended up on floor 2,4, and 7. Not a lot to do on the resort. And taxi prices were suppose to be flat rate but changed each ride one time due the rain lol. Told staff memeber never addressed it with taxi coordinator.

The hotel was very clean. And room service 24hrs.

Good
    • Gold Deluxe Double Room

The staff at the check in counter was terrible. His voice is so small without smile. We couldn't hear his explanation about the hotel.

Nice view from the room. Delicious Italian restaurant. Friendly bell boy at the entrance.

My stay was awesome
    • Deluxe Gold King Room - Pure

The inability commuicate with us in english and wasn't able to watch TV in English

I like everthing about the resort it was beautiful and everyone was friendly

Great hotel, great food and beaches, better for families and couples.
    • Gold Deluxe Double Room

Entertainment was ok but it was mainly couples and families. Don’t go here if you want to party as very few young people here. If you want a chilled one it’s perfect.

Lovely hotel, good entertainment, great food and drinks. Staff were super friendly and gave great service. Beaches are amazing.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, good atmosphere due also...
    • Gold Deluxe Double Room

I would “refresh” the room: all appeared... old. Not very confortable bedl: I prefere normal size bed

Very friendly and helpfull staff, good atmosphere due also to a good daily animation. There are mamy restaurant and food corner with good quality.

You are treated very well

Would have enjoyed more music especially around the pool and beach. It is the Hard Rock after all.

Letz, the guy running the sound lab made a real extra effort with my family. Great attitude and great effort.

Would come here again, great experience and great fun !
    • Platinum Deluxe Room with Double Beds

Breakfast buffet was impressive, but became a bit the same after a few days.

The hotel was excellent - very friendly staff and beautiful hotel. It was clean, well kept and always something going on! When we walked along the beach we realised the Hard Rock was the only hotel to be busy, which we liked a lot. Staff were great with our 2.5 year old daughter, happy to entertain her around the pool and the fantastic kids club (as long as we were there too). Drinks good, food great - particulary the outdoor grill and the Brazilian which really was impressive for an all inclusive. The pool and beach area were great - activitites and areas were a perfect balance for those who want to get involved but also okay if you want to relax for a bit . We had Platinum Suite which was great, sea view, hot tub in the room and luxury bathroom.

Overall my stay was great
    • Gold Deluxe Double Room

The hotel had a lot of chocolate deserts at dinner. I don’t like chocolate. Can I get pie?

The property was clean and all of the staff was very friendly. The staff went out of their way to make sure my vacation was great. They decorated my hotel room and supplied a cake and champagne for my husband 40th birthday.

The brazilian restaurant inside the hotel is nice;
    • Rock Royalty Level

They called us all days 3 or 4 times each mourning, didn't get us sleep and rest. They still all the time trying to put us in one meeting coffee (to sell us titles called RCI, something like a club) And other things like: There's no diference between ROCK ROYALTY LEVEL and others (I've just payed more), they left a piece of dirty cloth that they used to clean the bathtub inside, it was disgusting, the NYE dinner was a disaster, they didn't gave us the menu and started to bring things to our table, things without taste and totally different than the other tables, they didn't replace the beverages at minibar, the things you order to eat at your room comes wrong, several times and a lot of other things...

The brazilian restaurant inside the hotel is nice; The bar at the pool who works at very late hours is nice too;

• Platinum Deluxe King Room

If you are organizing a transfer from the airport, you must pay both ways, 60 dollars, even if you need just one way. A nomal taxi is around 20 dollars so it’s even more expensive.

Everything was perfect. The staff very friendly, the food delicious, amazing view and clear water, the beach very clean.

Great Hotel, Great Food, but great price charged too.
    • Diamond Deluxe King Room

Price for the room was exorbitant.

Food in the restaurants is grand. We celebrated my wife's birthday, and it lived up. Rooms are awesome, especially the ones with the hot tub. Property is great with its multiple pools and beaches.

Staffs needs to be trained to be more courteous and friendly.
    • Platinum Deluxe Room with Double Beds

Staffs needs to be trained to be more courteous and friendly. Restaurant menu, especially the buffet (The Market) needs to updated, cuisine lacks taste, and the staff there are very in attentive, especially the breakfast staff. The only restaurant worth your calories are Zen, the Italian Restaurant (forgot the name) and maybe Ipanema.

I went here for my mum's birthday, tell them at check in...
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

Depending on what you are looking for, this may or may not be the kind of 5 stars you are looking for. it is more about drinking and having fun in the pool or on the beach, they plan lots of activities, would recommend this as a great family for older kids or a big group of adults who want to have a loud and fun time. Not for romantic couples.

I went here for my mum's birthday, tell them at check in that you have a celebration and they decorated the room up! The seaview room is a must, waking up to the sunrise over the ocean is amazing. The Italian and the Zen restaurants were our favorites.

Stayed here for one night as we were staying in Rivera maya.We will be back for two weeks next year
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

Sea was very rough and deep not safe for kids or not very good swimmers. Nothing that the hotel can do with this

This place was amazing! A bit prices but you get what you pay for. All the food was great and alcohol selection was great!!

50 % satisfaction score.
    • Deluxe Gold King Room - Pure

Paid about 368 US Dollars for a tour packet including Xoximilco (1st day) and to go to visit Chichén Itzá (2nd day) - the first day was awesome, I highly recommend to do it. The second day.... well the turism company left my wife and me behind .... despite of having a scheduled time to pick up they showed up late at the Hotel and then After 5 minutes they left without us. No remedial action was taken by the hotel and not other alternatives Were offered to us. We lost our money. It's not always about the money! Hard Rock Cancun!

food, amenities, and staff were awesome, perfect place to come and enjoy the summer and Mexican culture.

Satisfied
    • Diamond Deluxe King Room

-It's a very small resort compared to other Hard Rock Hotel such as one in Punta Cana

a)I have been to various Hard Rock Hotel such as one in Punta Cana, but I must say the food was much better than other locations, b)Great view of the beautiful beach from my room, c)staff were much more friendly and well trained compared to other Hard Rock Hotel resort

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Fun well thought out resort
    • Diamond Deluxe King Room

The hotel calls you every time you get room Service to check you received it. However one night at 1am we got a call rather than the next door room who ordered it, in general the nightimes can be loud due to the nature of the resort being a party atmosphere

Huge beds and bedrooms. Ours was on the royal level which was the top floor it had amazing views out to sea. The gym is well equipped and has a variety of classes.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Very poor quality of food
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

For this money one would expect not to eat cheap food of low quality. This hotel is more about drinking (local drinks). If one would like to avoid cheap fat unhealthy food - should not go. Rooms and facility are very old, cannot compare with pictures. I feel like pictures on booking.com were taken 10 years ago. This was a scam! Very upset! Recommendation - do not go!

Ocean is amazing

Love Cancun and The Hard Rock Hotel...

The hotel credits were not that great. I thought I was getting a pedi & mani but was charged $50.00 for the"deluxe" package which was basically the normal pedi & mani in Texas. The store credit was that I just paid or bought cheap sandles and the staff in that store was not very friendly or helpful.

The food was excellent, the outside activities were fun and they really engaged the guests.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Worth every penny spent
    • Deluxe Room

The service at Ipanena very slow

The ocean view from the room the bed and pillows The variety and time span of food service The nightly shows And the general atmosphere which is good for a variety of travelers without compromising their likes

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

We will be back!!!!
    • Platinum Deluxe Room with Double Beds

Moisture in the room was terrible! Sheets were wet and clothes got musty. Kept the balcony doors closed 100% of the time, but it didn't help. The spa experience was nice, but the reception area was crowded and a little disorganized. Trying to organize a tour was a little disappointing....the staff couldn't speak English very well. I wasn't sure how to arrange transportation to the marina and how long the tour was.

The staff was excellent! Always there to offer service and do anything to make our stay fun and enjoyable! Food was fantastic and the drinks kept coming!!! The activities and the music at the pool were a lot of fun! you could get away from the chaos at the other end of the pool if you wanted to!! Overall....had a wonderful time! Will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Hard Rock Cancun All Inclusive
    • Deluxe Gold King Room - Pure

The only disturbing part of the trip was the vacation club linked to the hotel. They made promises that they did not deliver (Offering us $400 in cash to attend) and then when we arrived claiming that they actually meant $400 in hotel points). When we explained that we confirmed this three times with their representative before agreeing to attend, they said "she must be crazy". This group was also very annoying with constant phone interuptions, calling us at 8:00 AM to confirm an 11:00 AM breakfast.

The Hotel Staff were very accomodating; sometimes too accomodating with constant phone calls and knocks on the door to make sure we had everything we needed, but overall they were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Nice vacation but beach full of seaweed

Beach full of seaweed

Comfortable rooms and pool

The concept of the hotel
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

It’s small, it just has one pool, few restaurants and not too many places of entertainment

The concept of the hotel

Great hotel in cancun.
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

Great staff , delicious pizza , free drink. I've been hyatt zilara, but hard rock is much better than zilara!

Anniversaty
    • Platinum Deluxe King Room

Our spa tube failed to operate the last 2 days. Reported to housekeeping but was not addressed.

All else was great. Service was excellent.

excellent
    • Platinum Deluxe King Room

I did not have more days

The staff has a belief that they are one of us, exceed expectations, i felt like home

It may look pricey upfront but it’s totally worth it!
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

It may look pricey upfront but it’s totally worth it!!

Amazing
    • Deluxe Gold King Room - Pure

My card for the door didn't work all the time and I had to call security a few times.

It was beyond my expectation

Amazing
    • Diamond Deluxe King Room

Everything. It’s our second time back

The hospitality and the entertaining

The hospitality and the entertaining

Too many good food choices, nice activities, very kind...

Noisy

Too many good food choices, nice activities, very kind staff .

Good accommodations, fair food, poor entertainment and activities
    • Platinum Deluxe King Room

Do not book here if you are looking for an adult experience. There are screaming kids everywhere

Great Xmas trip

Little noisy

Food very good

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Over all it was good
    • Platinum Deluxe Room with Double Beds

There seem to be some construction noise around my roomover

The staff were very friendly

Great staff, resort credit program is a nice plus.
    • Gold Deluxe Double Room

Great staff, resort credit program is a nice plus. Food is good for an all inclusive lots of selection.

Excellent holiday at beautiful resort
    • Platinum Deluxe Room with Double Beds

Parts of hotel could do with a revamp

Friendly service and availability of food and drinks

The Restaurants and the Staff is great
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

The room are old and have signes of usages.

The Restaurants and the Staff is great

One of the best trips I've ever had

We liked everything

The staff was great

Everything!

Noise neighbours

Everything! I can't wait to got back

Everything!
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

Nothing, everything was great!

Everything! Fantastic place!

Awesome
    • Gold Deluxe King Room

First two nights were $500 each third was only $350 and then i got resort credits

Food was excellent

Coffee was terrible, no fresh cream, but otherwise food was...
    • Platinum Deluxe Room with Double Beds

When live band hired, not enough English songs sung.

Coffee was terrible, no fresh cream, but otherwise food was very good, staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Staff amazing.

Staff amazing. Special thanks to Marco

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Environment
    • Platinum Deluxe King Room

Hard to get lounge chair around pool

Environment

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

All inclusive
    • Rock Royalty Level

All inclusive

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Best place for vacation don't look anywhere else

I loved everything

It was all perfect

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The staff was amazing and so helpful.

The process of having to go through the excursion services to book for all excursions including spa treatments, took longer than to just go to the spa itself. I paid for a deluxe family suite to end up with a "lagoon" view. I would have thought that for that amount of money, we could have had a beachfront view.

The staff was amazing and so helpful. Great location. Room service was great! The spa was amazing. I had 4 wonderful massages. My boys loved that it was spring break there and the age group for them was perfect. We loved the entertainment!!! The Michael Jackson show was awesome. Casino night was fun as well.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Loved the hotel, the easy access to the beach, the music and...

The supposed credits you get is pretty much a scam. They don't explain it well at all at front desk, and when you use it towards a nice bottle of wine they charge 20% service charge. For example we ordered a nice bottle, they claimed it was 410 US but if you go to vivino.com, it sells for $21.00. They charge 20% service so the bottle cost us $82. You also can only use them at one store at the Hard Rock that doesn't really carry nice stuff, hence no one is ever there. The excursions I chose didn't except credits either. I left without using 1800 credits.

Loved the hotel, the easy access to the beach, the music and the staff was wonderful. The rooms were clean and the view of the ocean was just stunning. Food was very good. Really a fantastic place for a family that loves fun.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

Staff was so good,helpful,

Staff was so good,helpful, the staff in the Italian restaurant (breakfast)couldn't of been more attentive had such a fantastic holiday Spa was so relaxing Karen quingo I think that was her name was so helpful she made me feel so important and relaxed after a day of lying in the sun she took care of all my beauty issues poolside entertainment was great fun for kids and adults they made us have a wonderful holiday we had a fantastic experience and holiday break to remdmber

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The staff were very nice and the beach was very nice.

The hotel condition was below Hard Rock standards. The renovation wasn't completed very well and many things didn't work. The food was average at best. We paid way to much for our package compared to other resorts.

The staff were very nice and the beach was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2015

Food room view and bar

It was a bit over priced and we couldn't eat in the one restraunte because we didn't bring fancy cloths to mexico just tank tops shorts and flip floops

Food room view and bar

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

We liked the whole !

The Pancake Should be made , baked at serving , fresh

We liked the whole ! Lovely stuff , good food Great entertainment U'll never bored at this hotel . 24 hours fun Room service is genuine , fast service Internet very good everywhere

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

The staff are amazing and make you feel really special.

The staff are amazing and make you feel really special. We only stayed 3 days but I want to go back asap with my family. This place is so fun, so cool and perfect for a fun and lively holiday, having said that its also fine if you want to chill out away from the hustle and bustle of the hotel. The rooms are quiet, the spa is nice and the beach amazing. I really love this place. We left to go to moon palace afterwards, also very nice but totally different, very much cut off from reality there and so vast it feels like a small town, whereas Hard Rock feels like a friendly village.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Great destination, weather, beaches, pool and facilities.

Would like more dinner options.

Great destination, weather, beaches, pool and facilities. Staff was excellent with great service and entertainment throughout the day and evening. Brazialan steakhouse was excellent dinner option.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

An amazing modern hotel which is all inclusive without the...

Rooms were cleaned very well for the first 2 days and then just damp dusted the rest of the days. Towels were not replaced on certain days and shampoos and conditioners too. We noticed that staff seems to rely or like tipping and if you tip them you will be treated like a queen or king. I don't think this is fair to be honest as it wasn't a cheap holiday and when we asked at reception they stated it was up to us and was not compulsory. We did notice that when we tipped we got treated much better

An amazing modern hotel which is all inclusive without the feel of an all inclusive. You have 5 totally different areas/ restaurants where you can dine in and most feel like you have gone on a night out and booked a restaurant as it is ala carte service. Staff is amazing. Service is amazing. We liked hotel layout and loved the music playing throughout the walkways. Very good access to beaches.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Staff are very hardworking and friendly.

It should not be advertised as Family Hotel as they play extremely loud music until around 11pm. On 7 out of 9 nights we spent there, they had wedding parties. You won't be able to sleep regardless of the floor your room is on. Any family with young children who're likely to wake up early in the morning will be disappointed as it's impossible to get a decent night sleep. If you're looking for a place to relax and be able to go to bed early / wake up late - forget this one. Food is terrible, apart from Ipanema Grill. Very poor breakfast choice. Beach is not clean, we found broken glass every day. 'Resort Credit' is a big lie, since you have to pay 20% of everything you can spend it on, and prices are clearly made up so that 20% covers the actual treatment anyway.

Staff are very hardworking and friendly. The place is clean. Ipanema Grill offers very good choice of meat.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2015

Activities were very nice, the environment of the hotel and...

It's a little bit small

Activities were very nice, the environment of the hotel and the rooms are very luxurious. We were entertained all the time.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

Free calls back to the USA and wi-fi everywhere!

My kids were 10, 7 and 5 when we went and they did not enjoy the kids' club very much. They liked the video game room, but there were not many activities on offer.

Free calls back to the USA and wi-fi everywhere! The hotel really offers a lot for the all-inclusive.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2015

Majority of Staff at the resort were attentive and genuine

Food was awful, breakfast Is good and lunch was at the market place which was ok, but dinner at all testaurant was just awful!

Majority of Staff at the resort were attentive and genuine

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

the room floor was wet all time, it was really uncomfortable.

the room floor was wet all time, it was really uncomfortable. the pool is very crowded, many people, no class, no silent, unpleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

Staff is very friendly

Staff is very friendly

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Finest service, daily pool parties, great a la carte...

Finest service, daily pool parties, great a la carte restaurants, so you have no time to be bored )))

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Location. Pool. First class staff in all facilities and functions.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

The view from the room is awesome!

nothing to write here!

The view from the room is awesome!!! The staff was very funny and friendlly

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Fantastic food in all restaurants!

Fantastic food in all restaurants!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

Lots of pool activities.

Lots of pool activities. Great restaurants and food stands.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Everything about this hotel and holiday were amazing!

Everything about this hotel and holiday were amazing!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

its great place, great activity, great staff specially Cheno...

its great place, great activity, great staff specially Cheno and Big Papa

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Guitar menu was a great idea.

Checking in experience was bad. As well not good value with the current exchange rate.

Guitar menu was a great idea. Food is excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

This was by far the BEST vacation I've been on...

This was by far the BEST vacation I've been on EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING can't wait to come back

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hard Rock Hotel Cancun All Inclusive traveller photo gallery