Reviews of Hotel Royal Reforma 4 stars

Amberes 78 Colonia Juarez, 06600 Mexico City, Mexico

#203 of 329 hotels in Mexico City

Awesome rooftop pool and bar/staff very helpful
    • Standard Queen Room

Hardly anyone spoke English Air conditioning didn't function properly in first room Hotel taxi charged and nickel and dimed you I should have taken Uber This should have been complementary

Awesome rooftop pool and bar/staff very helpful

waste of money!
    • Standard Queen Room

Very poor breakfast. From the plate in the restaurant, to the bathroom in the room, everything is very dirty. Poor english of all staff,they get the word they understand from your complete sentence and try to do something totally different from what you say! phone in the room is not working. shower is broken. price/performance ratio is not even zero, for sure its minus! I will never stay again!

Only location.

Great stay in the heart of CDMX

No complaints.

The hotel was in a perfect location for visitors, the staff was friendly and the room was clean. The rooftop pool is an excellent and rare amenity in CDMX.

Not a 4 star hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Hotel is a 3 star, not 4. It is located in a dangerous neighborhood, very rough. Water temperature in the shower could not maintsin itself for more than 2 minutes, it suddenly became very cold or hot.

The staff is very attentive. Place is clean

Location and staff is good.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Air conditioning was not so good, a little bit hot. They locked the refrigerator, so can not sure what they provided in it, also can't use it to cool our own beverage.

Location and staff is good.

Ok stay in good location.
    • Standard Queen Room

I think that coffee and tea making facilities would have made it much better. Staff on reception weren't very friendly. Pool area didn't open until 12pm! But when I asked sunbeds were provided but there were only three.

The room was comfortable and big with aircon and a nice bathroom. Pool area was nice. Good margaritas!

It’s a pity this time they assigned to me a very bad room!
    • Standard Queen Room

It’s a pity this time they assigned to me a very bad room! Hot water sometimes not working, sometimes imposible to make it warm with cold water. Old bathtub, dusty blankets, cleaning personnel appearing at 6pm, etc...

It’s a pity this time they assigned to me a very bad room!

Dissapointing experience
    • Standard Queen Room

Very old and not particularly nice rooms and bathrooms, very old and used towels, Aircon not working well (critical considering the windows could not be opened), also applies for the gym Really not nice coffee and terribly overpriced

Polite staff, nice penthouse with a view on the city

My first Bad-Hotel-Stay experience ever >(
    • Standard Queen Room

My room was really bad, first time I receive a so bad room in this property. From broken tiles, hot/cold water in shower don’t working properly, so few amenities, air conditioner not working some times, dust in the blankets, until mosquitoes around me... really bad, and they didn’t do anything for moving me to any available room even when I complained about the situations >(

Bellboys were gentle and kind enough for carrying my luggage from corner street to my room when arriving, and back to corner street when leaving ;)

Location was great and staff helpful
    • Standard Queen Room

Standard of room, bed and pillows so hard, work happening outside only bit of timber to walk over as men had dug two holes on either side so not 100% safe.

Location was great and staff helpful

Great location - very close to lots of restaurants and...
    • Standard Queen Room

Noisy for rooms overlooking the street BYO shampoo, toiletries, tea bags etc nothing provided.

Great location - very close to lots of restaurants and public transport. Clean and comfortable

A perfect place to stay in Mexico City
    • Standard Queen Room

The only thing I did not like was the shower. It was so difficult to get the right balance between cold water and hot water. Otherwise, the rest of the hotel was perfect for me.

I loved this hotel: great location, super attentive staff, nice decor, spacious rooms, a beautiful rooftop terrace, nice city views. I cannot wait to stay there again.

Great location and spacious room, but the uncomfortable bed and permanent A/C wore us out.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed matress was like stone, the covers too thin and the room was always cold. On the last day, water from the upper floor shower leaked into our bathroom through the lighting fixture. what a mess...

The metro is a 2-minute walk away and the neighborhood is gorgeous!

A pleasant, modern hotel in a safe and convenient location and with friendly staff members.
    • Standard Queen Room

Post-earthquake repairs were still being made, which meant among other things that the pool on the rooftop was drained. That was completely understandable, but a number of us spent time up there enjoying the sun, reading, and chatting. It would have been nice if the bar had been open. . . . There is a lot of work being done on the streets (i.e., pavement torn up) around the hotel. Again, that was not at all the hotel's fault, and the improvements will make for a spiffier neighborhood when everything is complete. I hope that they put up more street signs in the process, as it is easy to get confused and turned around despite what should be a straightforward grid. . . . The AC in the room did not work very well and emitted a loud whining sound. Since the windows don't open, the choice sometimes was between stuffy and noisy. The wifi worked fine.

The location of the hotel was ideal for me: in the Zona Rosa, a couple of steps from the Insurgentes metro stop (Línea 1), and a short walk to Chapultepec Park. It's near everything yet not noisy. I had to get both to the historical center and to several southern neighborhoods (San Ángel, Coyoacán) over the course of my weekend stay, and it was really quick and easy to do so. The room was large, bright, and clean. The staff was friendly without being smarmy.

Wonderful. But the toilets could use a makeover. They don't flush good.
    • Standard Queen Room

Since the earthquake had just happened a week ago, they were in the process of fixing the inside. One of our rooms had water coming in through the shower light and right outside our door. The carpet smelled really bad since it was wet. By the next day it was better. I think if it were not for the earthquake, we would have had a better experience. But we understand and we will return again. We took our mom and had her hair done in the hotel. The ladies in the parlor were wonderful with her. I even enjoyed sitting there and talking to them. Good work ladies.

The staff was very nice.

Overall good: clean room and perfect location for us. We would stay here again.
    • Standard Queen Room

AC was not working well in our initial room. We called the front desk and someone came up right away. It was decided we should be moved and a bellboy would be up shortly. Things happen and that was no big deal. About 45 minutes later we called the front desk again to ask about being moved. We were told they were busy but someone would be there shortly. We just went down and picked up the new room keys which we did not mind doing. Just wish they would have said that at the begin with rather than wasting 45 minutes of time. Overall I would not say the staff was rude but they were overly busy.

Things were a little dated but the room was clean and the roof top bar was Excellent.

If you're going to zona rosa this is the right place
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Showers are very old fashioned and the bathtub is small, but they're ok for a quick shower before going out.

Location is perfect, it's one block away from the metro station. Two blocks away from zona rosa night clubs.

Perfect place to stay if you want to enjoy Mexico City.

Everything was great.

The room service was excellent and the bathroom was perfect. The rooftop bar was fun and everyone was helpful. We hired a guide they recommended and we're able to see all of the major attractions. I will stay there again!

3.0
    cc was charge two time,s was on hold for over 20mitues, bed...
    • Standard Queen Room

cc was charge two time,s was on hold for over 20mitues, bed two small, front desk didn't know the different between full size bed and queen size, I didn't stay not one night, I ask to see a room before booking , I was told there was not one available. my friend who spoke Spanish , was told no problem he could visit a room before booking that same day,, also was able to get me a better deal, but I was so upset, I went next door ( NH Collection ) I hope that my concerns can be resolve in a friendly manner, Last my friend who lives and works in a near by hotel also explant to me some very upsetting things about the staff and what THEY STATED ABOUT PEOPLE (black) , HE CHOSE TO RECORD THE CONVERSTION I BECAME VERY SAD. this was my first time feeling unhappy with any property in Mexico city. on a good note the young man who help me with my luggage with very nice and helpful, not maid who was just finish my room was very nice as well. , I really wanted to stay, but the bed was to small. my room Number was 1313, I wont even began to discuss the concern my amigo had with this room number. I'm trying my best to let this very negative experience pass , I really love Mexico city and the Zona Rosa area and plan to return

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

When we discovered we had left some items at another hotel...
    • Standard Queen Room

When we discovered we had left some items at another hotel in the city, no one at the front desk offered to call them. We had to buy a phone card and use a pay phone in the lobby. The air conditioning in the room didn't work. I notified the front desk but no one came to fix it. Our friends paid considerably less for a larger room. When it looked as if we had been charged twice for breakfast, the supervisor Angelica was very helpful though.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great location, but very basic hotel, you get what you paid for
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was outdated, air conditioning was non existent, fridge was locked, there was absolutely nothing luxury about the place, hotel roof was great except for the tiny dip pool. Check in staff cannot speak English and have not been trained well on customer service.

Location, roof top view

The view from my room was amazing.
    • Standard Queen Room

The view from my room was amazing. Breakfast comes at additional cost but was also good. The rooftop terrace and pool are small but well kept and nice to relax in a busy city like CDMX.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good hotel with a great location
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The first time I stayed here the water from the shower would flood the bathroom floor and it wouldn't drain. This time drainage was not a problem, but the water pressure was horrible. the air conditioning also wasn't very good. My room got a little stuffy.

The wifi is very good. The front desk staff are very friendly and efficient. Typically you get a good view of the city from your room. I have stayed here twice.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Excellent stay in Mexico City
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

WiFi quality was poor quite frequently in our room. Had to go to the roof, there it was good.

Fantastic view from the roof! Spert many hours there. Nice and helpful staff. Very good location, close to Chapultepec. Amazing design, very light and full of air.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Good enough for the swimming pool and staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The facilities in the room were a bit worn out particularly in the bathrooms. My original room faced the sun and got very warm and then the air con didn't work. I was changed to a cold room where the heater also didn't seem to work.

I booked it for the outdoor swimming pool. The area was wonderful and the pool was warm and nice.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Dont bother with this hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

We had to switch rooms, the showers dont work properly, poor ventilation in the toilet, no water or electricity for a few hours on one of the days

Generally neat hotel

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

If it was for the views from the pool, I would've never stayed.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They need to learn English, and get better customer service. Parts of the hotel looks like it's falling apart. The rooftop bar is very basic nothing special. Also there is a very small pool not even 5ft deep!!!

The view from the pool area, the food from room service was ok.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was few times in Mexico City and this is one of the best hotels which I was staying.
    • Standard Queen Room

Good location in Zona Rosa a bit outside of bars and discos. Breakfasts were also good and nice terrace bar is available. Room was always clean.

Good hotel, great location and price, but dont eat there
    • Standard Queen Room

The A/C didnt work property, the restaurant was so bad and the food for breakfast bad too

So clean and the location was so good

Rooftop terrace overlooking the city
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Adjoining door to another bedroom so you could even hear them talking.

Rooftop terrace overlooking the city

Overall it is a fair hotel. Price is slightly high
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk staff was a bit rude. Facilities were dated.

Beds were comfortable and the room was good size. Water pressure was great

great location, clean and safe rooms, safe neighborhood,...
    • Standard Queen Room

the room i stayed need a bit of an update

great location, clean and safe rooms, safe neighborhood, comfy bed,

Extremely cold
    • Standard Queen Room

Extreme cold during winter times and heating system doesn't work

Spacious

• Standard Queen Room

Internet connection was really bad. I got disconnected every other minute.

Great location. Friendly staff. Clean venue.

Staff it’s good / parking / good position in the city
    • Standard Queen Room

Pressure of water in the shower / structure a little bit old

Staff it’s good / parking / good position in the city

The hotel in a good area and safe
    • Standard Queen Room

The cost is a bit expensive compared to other new hotels in the area

The hotel in a good area and safe

Position, Terrace

Old style hotel

Position, Terrace

I enjoyed my stay. First time i visit Mexico City by myself and i am already planing to go again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Air conditioning was not working properly.

i loved the helpfulness of the staff. Very nice people and accommodating to your needs.

Roof garden
    • Standard Queen Room

The water pressure in the bathroom

Roof garden

Next time I will stay in Royal

Personal very friendly

Safety place to to stay

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Wifi was terrible, the shower was very average

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Huge rooms.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Huge rooms. Great rooftop terrace bar. Super nice staff. Great view from the room.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Highly Recommended .....
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

nothing important to criticize as everything was good

Everything was good.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

cleanliness, location ++ i had great and relaxing time...
    • Standard Queen Room

cleanliness, location ++ i had great and relaxing time staying in here

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

It was nice area. Many good place close by

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Its located in gay district, hard to find straight bar around

Its located in gay district, hard to find straight bar around

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

staff need more knowledge on the area e.
    • Standard Queen Room

staff need more knowledge on the area e.g restaurants

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

We had a plesent stay in a nice hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had a plesent stay in a nice hotel. Good location and clean room with comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Horrible hotel. Almost lost my flight.
    • Standard Queen Room

Shuttel from Hotel to airport arrived late

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

It's conveniently located, close to embassies, landmarks...

The hotel is old. The carpet in the rooms is tattered, the bath cracked and no pressure in the shower. My favourite was I found bedbugs in the bed and in the room. They changed me to a different room and the same!

It's conveniently located, close to embassies, landmarks & transportation.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Decent location with value-for-money.

Not many facilities. Really small gym. Very old bathrooms and very old air conditioning system.

Decent location with value-for-money. Extremely pleasant and responsive staff. Huge rooms.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Comfortable, clean & spacious.

For some might be noisey. Not ideal location for children. Design is outdated but clean.

Comfortable, clean & spacious. Central Location. Good view. Lively nightlife. Great Wifi

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Location was good but nothing else

Hardest beds - I would have been more comfortable sleeping on cement. Wifi did not work in room - could not connect computer. Food was horrible Do not take the "tourist taxi" in front of hotel - they charge 5x what a regular taxi would charge if you walk out to the street

Location was good but nothing else

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

location.

It is impossible to adjust the water temperature in the shower. either cold or too hot. Had this problem in three different rooms. Slow to no existence WiFi. When asking for drinking water from the reception they brought me a bottle and squeezed 30 pesos for a bottle. All other hotels in the same situation just gave me water for free.

location. close to insurgents metro

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

Location very good.

Hotel was somewhat run down. Plaster from ceiling needed repair. Clock didn't work. Taps needed repair. Breakfast was marginal in selection. Poor value.

Location very good. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

Location and service

breakfast

Location and service

• Reviewed: 4 March 2016

Very good internet and good staff.

It 's stuffy in this room, and the hotel is old.

Very good internet and good staff.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Spacious rooms

Carpet in the room needs to be changed, The breakfast options are quite low

Spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

terrible hair dryer; it was change for worse very low quality

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

good location, good wifi

good location, good wifi

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Location and friendly staff.

Internet very weak and slow. Few channels for TV. Very noisy.

Location and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

A couple of desk staff were really nice;

Just about everything!

A couple of desk staff were really nice; the remainder were surly and unhelpful

• Reviewed: 4 May 2015

shower

shower

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

AC didn't work on room , had to be moved to another room...

AC didn't work on room , had to be moved to another room , just a little better

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

Good location, good wifi

Good location, good wifi

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

the location, and the lobby

no coffee maker in the room. The bed was very hard as well as the pillows

the location, and the lobby

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Rooftop bar

Breakfast Some rooms could need refurbish

Rooftop bar Staff very polite

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Royal Reforma traveller photo gallery