Reviews of Mia Reef Isla Mujeres Cancun All Inclusive Resort 4 stars

Calle Zasil HA SN Zona 7 Islote El Yunque, 77400 Isla Mujeres, Mexico

#13 of 42 hotels in Isla Mujeres

6.2

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

Only thing that would make it better was if we could have stayed longer!

We love Mia Reef. This is our third visit to Isla Mujeres and we absolutely love staying at Mia Reef. If you want to totally relax and be pampered, this is your place. Beaches are top ten in the world. Diddier Aguilar was the best waiter in the restaurants, made sure my coffee was never empty! Issac took care of our every need at the beach. Luiz is the best bartender around and Cinthia at the front desk welcomed us and was always very helpful.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

We have no complaints really. The rooms were rather simple but comfortable. Frankly the rooms aren’t why you travel to this place anyway. We were happy that the room stayed cool in the hot weather. (20°C)

It was a fabulous experience for us. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The in-house entertainment was extremely important as we had rain for five of six days. Jorge, Alex, and Baby Jhesus were fabulous entertainers, dancers, singers etc.! The property was fabulous. the food was excellent, Much better than I have read about or experienced at other all-inclusive places.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The smell in the lagoons was on the stinky side every day. I'm not sure what that was about, but we thought it might have been sewage, but couldn't say for sure. The staff is not there to assist people it seemed, it was more like they were there to just earn a paycheck. Don't expect anyone to go out of their way for you, AND you HAVE to tip everyone if you expect to get any service. "All Inclusive" does mean you don't have to pay for anything, but you have to tip for an umbrella on the beach, coffee at breakfast, drinks at the bar.. No one wants to carry a wallet at an all inclusive resort.

The beach at the resort is beautiful, and also private. If anyone tries to come onto the beach that's not staying there, the security will remove them pretty quickly.

Dealing with Booking.com was terrible-they were not aware of the hotel's policies & did not provide accurate information. THE DAILY interruptions from the Beyond platform aka time-share selling staff. VERY AGREESIVE! Had to avoid sections of hotel. The food was good but could use more variety. Waiting for the BBQ items or fresh grilled meats/fish was long.

The staff was excellent, the location great! Access to town was ideal! We had numerous problems with our Booking.com reservations but Cinthia from the front desk saved our family vacation! She was superb!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

No room service was offered, which was a surprise. Only 2 small bars to serve the entire resort lead to some waiting for drinks during peak times.

Location and beaches amazing, most of the hotel and facilitates recently upgraded, buffet was always well stocked and good quality. Service exceptional!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Bar staff only wanted to wait on women in bikinis. They try to sell you a “club” ie timeshare and want you to waste 90 mins of your vacation. A lady at the pool told us she was in tears under the pressure. That was disappointing. Food was good; one entire restaurant was not open so only option was buffet. More seated dinners would have been nice.

Surrounded by ocean was very cool. Snorkeling and activities were free and easy to access. Nightly entertainment was fun.

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

The Lady in the front lobby need improvement with the customer service

I love ❤️ the customer Sservive Of MARIA from Reservation I had a situation and she resolved very professional , extremely nice and informative,and fallow through immediately. The restaurants in one you have to make reservation and the waiter name MISAEL was extraordinary, the Hostess SHEYRA was very seeet and helpful . In the Ceviche restaurants MIGUEL AND THE OTHER WHO IS BOLD Were extremely fast and friendly Love the personality making you feel special the people I mentioned.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

I didn’t like that you had to get up early to make it to the line to make reservation for the restaurant before the list gets full.

Everything about this place was wonderful from the time we got to the facility all the way to our room everything was great about this place. highly recommend it.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Nothing!! It is the most beautiful place i have ever seen

The amazing sea; the best in Isla - could not stop taking pictures. The nice staff. The all include activities like sup, snorkel, kayaks and more... The non stop, tasty food. The designed room with breath taking view from the balcony. I did not want to leave the hotel.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The bed. It was not "King" size. Also the pillows were very stiff and hard. I booked and paid for King so disappointing when I inquired to change rooms I would have to pack, leave the room until another was available. Not worth it as when I saw same rooms, (doors open when staff cleaning) they also had full/queen size beds. I felt the bait and switch feeling.

The staff were excellent in every way. The beach and surroundings beautiful. All inclusive made it so convenient. We would stay here again due to location and overall tropical paradise feel.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

I really did not like the constant loud music. It could shift into something more mellow especially in the evenings. The constant dance beat is really too much. Softer more relaxing music would be better. The beach is shallow. Adults won’t do much real swimming here.

The views were fantastic. The food was good quality but there could have been more variety. We stayed for a week and stratus to get tired of it. But the quality is really very good. The staff are great. Especially if you have kids they help to entertain them.

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite(2 adults + 2 Children)

Beds are not confortable and property needs some repairs in the villas. Mirror broken in bathroom, Sheetrock needs repair. Meals okay, not great.

Location, friendly staff

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite(2 adults + 2 Children)

Only *minor* issues. I think our room was 2028. The air conditioner was quite loud. We did ask the front desk about it. The in-room shower wasn't well sealed, a lot of water would leak to the floor as a result, and we had to sacrifice towels to prevent bathroom floor puddles. The sea-spray made the balcony floor very slippery to the being of being a bit treacherous (our 6 year old fell), a floor mat of some kind might be a nice addition.

We had a great time overall. Our kids (age 3 and 6) loved it. They loved the pool, and the beach areas were awesome. So much shallow, white sand bottom water. The kayaks were fun. It was our second time to Isla, and the location of this property is really hard to beat. The food was generally good. We don't always do all-inclusive, but it was pretty nice to not worry about food prep etc. during vacation.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Not that big of a deal, but would have liked to have guaranteed early check in.

The private beach and all of the free equipment (kayaks, paddle boards, bikes, snorkels) were great! Food was delicious and there were always many options to choose from. The hotel was very good about having some sort of entertainment every night. Would definitely recommend!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Wifi was very spotty and would like the Ala Cart restaurant to have a different menu each night, but great food nonetheless.

The location and beach cannot be beat! Amazing.

No room service

The entire staff was beyond wonderful . I love them all and We can't wait to return. Wonderful food . great bed - beautiful view of the ocean from our balcony. It was like heaven.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bed and pillows weren't great for me personally. Medium soft for both. Pillow a little lumpy. Bathrooms in the rooms a bit tight for 2 adults and 2 children. Neither of which are a deal breaker. I still highly recommend this location is you like an all-inclusive style of vacationing. I would had loved a little more diversity of people from different regions of the world here. It was a bit homogeneous. Easily remedied with day trips out of the resort.

The island and resort are beautiful. Room view of the ocean spectacular. The staff very friendly and helpful. They seem to always try to say "yes" to whatever the request. I also had the experience of a staff member unprompted put some plan pasta to the side for me during dinner service because he knew I couldn't have butter on my food.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel had overbooked and the deluxe room with a balcony I reserved was not available. They adjusted my rate and gave me a free massage.

The location was perfect. The hotel to beautiful. The staff was friendly and accommodating .

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

They blare loud music ALL DAY until 10pm. That is not what I want on a beach vacation.

The location and beaches are terrific. The all-inclusive package is good value.

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

cell phone coverage is only good in two spots.

we loved absolutely everything about Hotel Mia so much that we even joined their club to be members and return every year!

• Deluxe Double Room

If you want a hotel, book a hotel. If you want an experience, Mia Reef. The incredible staff combined with ocean view rooms, a private and safe environment, carefree vibe,incredible staff and services,and pristine weather and beaches you’ve only seen in magazines makes this place an experience whether you stay 3 days or 7. Note: this is not the place you come to party like its Vegas, be entertained 24/7 with shows, or act crazy like its spring break. Go to the strip and stay in Cancun for that. While there is plenty to do and see on the island, this is a place to come and really escape from the noise and chaos of regular life. check out the mia club program if you travel often i recommend you check it out. they are constantly improving the resort and you get alot of perks the first time i went i fell in love with the island. with isla mujeres. and its because of the experience i had at Mia Reef. ive made it my birthday treat to myself to come back every year. Next year will be my 3rd time and i can’t wait.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

The service from the reception was really poor, I did not feel especially welcomed, the woman was not smilling, she juste gave me a sheet and told me to read it and that was it, she did not help me getting an oberview of the hotel, where were the restaurants etc.. Then I had to go to the shopping boutique to buy some solar crème. It was close to 1pm and It was Closed!!! No information on the door... i was told the woman was having lunch. There was no one to replace her in the meantime. Once she got there, she was grumpy and not nice or polite at all. Worst seller ever. Really poor experience! Buffet: poor choices of fresh products in terms of hams and cheese. Bread isnt great. At last but not least, I had to change three times of room because the first two, on the 4th floor, were really dirty (bathroom, mirrors) we could see the grease etc disgusting!! Plus on both ocasions the curtains were a bit roten with holes in it. It did not seem to bother the hotel, i wasnt given any justification. Over all, the rooms are a bit old and would seriously need to be repainted sometimes. Bathrooms are really small. I dont think it is worth its value. It looks great from the outside but from the inside, rooms are not up to the standard and reputation of the hotel.

Location is great, definitely a little peace of heaven with its beach and crystal water. Waiters were really nice. Fresh juices at breakfast (different options) made on the moment in front of you. The restaurant Marias is fabulous as well as the tacos hut on the beach. Different activities available for free: kayak, paddle, bicycles. Great views from rooms.

Food and accomadations

Everyone’s experience is different and this one is based entirely on my personal opinions on a week’s stay at Mia Reef January 2018. I visited Isla Mujreres in 2017 and from a distance the Mia Reef looks phenomenal. It’s location is picture perfect and a trip to Isla Mujreres is a real joy. Please don’t confuse this as a review of Isla Mujreres, which Is VERY cool. Accommodations: Hotel rooms (Deluxe) are smaller than you will find at Motel 6. The only furnishings are a bed, TV, mini fridge, coffee maker, a two foot square table and two patio-like chairs. It is clean and modern but also with paper thin walls. Housekeeping does a adequate job but it’s late afternoon before they show up. They don’t leave wash clothes or hand towels unless you call front desk. Our coffee cups were simply rinsed out not replaced. That’s poor housekeeping training. Most accommodations in Cancun are very spacious but not the Mia Reef. Internet was around 10 mps download and 5 mps upload. Not spectacular but fine if your not streaming. Food: A solid middle-class three stars (USA) but not what I expected from reviews. To be fair I always found dishes that I enjoyed but they are not what I consider gourmet or four stars. Most dishes were barely warm and the vegetables downright cold. Variety is OK but could be better. Location: A+, it’s as nice as the pictures. Drinks- Booze: Very good but there’s only one bar and it closes at 11:00 pm. There is 24 hr. Room service that will bring drinks. Service staff is the easiest way to get drinks, even on the beach (Never a problem, never a delay) The head bartender Luis has super powers and knows his craft.. Beach: A+ without the need to be immense. World class North Beach just a short wade away. This is the best thing about Mia Reef. Exceptional area for children. If you have kids this is THE place. Pool: It looked fine but with the surperb beach front nobody uses it.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The food wasn’t very hot in the buffet

The location is absolutely amazing, beautiful views everywhere you are, the place was very very clean, the staff took such good care of us

Having to leave

We liked Mia Reef so much that we returned for a second stay. Magnificent location, great room with ocean view, good and varied food and drinks all day long and amazingly friendly staff especially Henry, Roger and Jesus. We love the theme nights as well especially when dancing was involved :)

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

The clean is really bad and the room is very old smell like mold don’t expect a clean new room

I didn’t have time to like anything it was a very bad experience

• Deluxe Ocean View Room( 2 Adults + 2 Children)

Look I’m being picky, the buffet was just ok. But the special of the night, dessert of the night were very good.

Outstanding service. Gtreat location. Sunrise and sunset views. Right on beach. Specialty restaurants, specialty item with buffet, and bar were very good. Clean updated rooms, did I mention the service was outstanding. Very nice place will definitely be back.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

We only stayed a few nights here and I regret it because I didn't expect Isla Mujeres to be so amazing

Amazing location, honestly one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to! water on all sides. The rooms are pristine, the balcony view of the beach is out of this world.

• Superior Ocean Front Room

Not helpful front-desk staff No free airport shuttle (difficult to reach) No available golf cars belonging to the hotel

Perfect location, excellent ocean view, easy snorkeling, close beach, great food, very good social gathering & events. Friendly staff (other than the front-desk staff). Excellent services.

That there are no hot tubs and the pool isn't heated. Other than that its amazing.

Beds are cozy, the staff is the friendliest around, the food is amazing, the hotel is the best on the island as far as location, as well as the famous King Pool that is located on their property. They have tons of activities to do, game room, kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear and so on. There are lots of fish by the bridge and the water is not very deep so your kids can just play and you don't have to really worry about them. If you do venture off the property make sure to visit the busy center street with all the shops and restaurants. We have eaten at many of these places and they are all fantastic. Noah's shop is by far the best if your looking for and made authentic items. we visit him every year and buy something each time. He is a little pricy but his work is top notch. Make sure to haggle with everyone on the island as they will come down usually half of the original price. The best method is to tell them your best price and start walking away, they will follow you and 98% of the time agree to your price. Never pay what they ask.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

If I had to give a complaint it would be the housekeeping staff started too early for my taste. The "do not disturb sign" on my door ensured that I was allowed to sleep in, but sound carries at beach resorts due to no carpeting.

This is a beautiful property that is quasi-isolated on it's own baby island. It was almost like a castle surrounded by a moat. It was beautiful and comfortable. We enjoyed the relaxation and the serenity.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

That other visitors weren’t tipping the bartenders for their unlimited drinks!

Fabulous resort! There are lots of workers constantly keeping the grounds clean and the visitors happy. The gym had enough in it to get a quick workout in. Unfortunately it was too cold to enjoy the pool but we did use the hot tub in our suite that we got upgraded to. We plan on returning soon!

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

The location was perfect. We stayed in the villas where we had an ocean front view. The mini fridge was kept stocked. Food was great and the staff even better. Shout out to Reuben, Gabriel and Louis from the Blue Moon. Wonderful people.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The only thing I can think of is that the air-condition is a little loud. Not really a problem.

This was an excellent hotel! We loved everything about it. The staff, the rooms, the beach, the food, the pool was wonderful and the cleaning spotless. We will most definitely come here again and didn´t want to go home. It really was awesome that we could start our All inclusive directly on arrival though we were early, and that we could stay and eat after our check-out.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Nothing it was all amazing

This hotel was heaven. The all inclusive side of things was a bonus. The staff were all so nice, the breakfast, lunch and dinner was so generous and amazing. The room was beautiful and we got an upgrade as well. Very good price and great value for money. The pool is nice and the beach is beautiful. You can see the sunset on both sides of the private island. Beautiful place

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

That we couldn`t afford staying longer.

Excellent location, with their own private picturesque beach and the best views on the island. We had the ocean view room which had a balcony with an amazing view and gorgeous sunrises. The all-inclusive package deal was super worth it. Food was varied and good, and especially excellent on Christmas Eve. Snacks and icecream were also continuously available. Staff was very friendly, and entertainment was continuously provided by Jesus with activities throughout the day and nice themed nights throughout the evening. Kayaks and paddleboards were also available.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

I would have preferred Mexican music during meals.

The entire staff amazing.They go out of their way to be helpful and make your stay the best they can. The location is perfect for people of all ages.

• Deluxe Double Room

Obnoxious time share/membership salesman. Pushy, rude. This is something new, and it really does not fit the place. Why scare away loyal customers who do not need a membership?

Repeat: Not for everyone. Have been a fan of this place since our first visit 5 year ago. It improves with each visit, and I am not sure if they will ever be done. The food today is the best it has ever been. The location is amazing and unique. Offers sunrises and sunsets over the water.

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

loved it all . I also helped 2 local men pull an 300 lb ac unit out of ocean that was buried 20ft out from shore on main beach without them asking.

everything was outstanding, staff was very helpful . little resistance from the mgr at front desk at 8:00pm when we asked if we could print out our boarding passes, he said come back at 10:30 that night when they finish up logging in customers. we explained our flight was early next day- he did not seem to care. we came back at 10:00pm and it took different staff member less that 5 minutes to print ,we had all info available for quick service. and appreciated and thanked him.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing we didn't like was having to leave.

What a great find! This was our second trip and we will be back again! Its a bit of a trek to take a car to the ferry and then the ferry out to Isla Mujeres, but once you get there its all worth it.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

everything is in plastic including the bar. cheap.

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. we got good deal for our stay, all included. Our room was one of the smallest rooms of the hotel but was quite comfortable and pleasant. the balcony, small but pleasant, was right above the sea waves. the food was good with big variety. The downside of the meals experience was that everyone works for the tips, which is an unpleasant pressure. the room was nice looking. the beds were a little too soft for me. The hotel decor is not my taste so much but did not bother us too much

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The only thing I can say is that our room wasn't cleaned often but since all the other areas of the resort were always in such pristine conditions this may be an isolated incident regarding the person cleaning our floor.

This place is a slice of heaven. The infrastructure is amazing, the beach is amazing, the staff is super friendly and helpfull and the grounds are always clean! One of the best vacations of my life. Will definitely go back on the first chance!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Wi-fi is terrible - worked only in the main lobby The cleaning of the room took sometime and one day we needed to ask for it 3 times. Even though it an all inclusive resort there’s a very extensive tipping culture (regardless of the quality of service) in the hotel which is somewhat annoying when you’re in a hotel that you paid for it services and not a restaurant

The staff was super nice and helpfull in everything. Even when the hotel was preparing for a storm they gave all the needed information and prepared the hotel for the worst though it was nothing bad eventually. We stayed at the villa room which was really big with an amazing view to the beach.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The Food. Besides fresh fruit, most of the dishes were basically the same flavors prepared different ways. Lack of healthy food options, would of liked fresh fruit juices/smoothies, lactose/gluten free and more vegan options. Today's health awareness is the new norm, be ahead of the curve, upgraded food is worth higher all inclusive prices and higher spa type hotel image. Leave the all the hot dogs, fries & pizza's for the lower end hotels. Mia Reef is a fantastic property, upgrade it's image!

The staff were exceptional!

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The le Marais restaurant. Pool. If it rains you get a free shower on your way to your meal. Value for money is not great.

Beach Location Service Housekeeping came check on us 3 times.

• Superior Ocean Front Room

The receptionists were not very helpful. Aircon was either too cold or too hot and bedding too cold.

The men (Abraham and Jose) that helped with the luggage were extremely helpful and friendly. Magnificent views!

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

The gym was too small- not sure u can call it gym... the water pressure in the shower was too weak and the wifi signal was very bad all around e

Everything is great: the location, the private beach, the all inclusive, the stuff/- we really liked the place

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The staff in the reception wasn't very nice.

The beach is beautiful, al lot of water activities, and you can also get a bicycle. the food is good and also the drinks. The staff is very kind and always with a smile. 7-10 minutes to the center. Pure heaven! Will recomand everyone areiving Isla Mujeres.

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

the drinks were weak and sweet. I felt the food and drinks were more designed for the plain palate. We took the all inclusive package but if you are looking for great cocktails go to town. Food was good but again sometimes could be boring.

had a great time and the place was amazing. Great for families and couples. Staff was very friendly and help us in anything we needed. If you love the beach and sun it's the place to go. Value was very good.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

FOOD..at the buffet was really really bad and setting depressing ROOM cld be renovated A lot of seaweed on the beach A ton of people on the week end coming in the bay...so much for privacy

Food was terrible. Breakfast buffet looked like buffet in a cafeteria in a cheap mall. Diner in the main dining room was depressing and food was not great. One highlight was when they had special night and BBQ ( who can miss a BBQ!) outdoors with shows but then there were a ton of mosquitoes on the lawn and there was no light to check what you were eating. Dining/Show on the beach and by the pool were great. Food at the Mexican /Italian restaurants were good. Overall the hotel would benefit from more english speaker personnel, a better cook and a good chief of staff to ensure proper lighting for outdoor events, prepare the lawn vs mosquitos, renovate some of the room doors and ensure a better insonorisation of the rooms. I could hear my neighbor snore! granted they put us in a room with communicating door. We were on the 3rd floor with the ocean view hidden by the lower building so not great! We were a party of 8 and they cld not accomodate us and put us close to each of each other even if we asked well ahead of time.

• Deluxe Double Room

Food is not very good and the people at the reception did not inform us comprehensively about the resort's facilities and activities.

The location is amazing. The room are nice and clean

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

When we arrived, our 2 rooms were not together, as we requested. Our room stank so bad, you couldn't open the outside door. There were piles and piles of rotten seaweed in bags outside our room. When we complained, they said it was "natural"and they couldn't do anything about it. They wouldn't give us a different room. They finally started cleaning up the mess and by the last day, we could go out on our deck. The beach was nice.

The restaurant staff was great. The desk staff was unhelpful and somewhat rude. The beach was nice, the drinks good and the water was a great temperature.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The majority of the staff wasn't as friendly as I've experienced at other cheaper hotels. The boats gather at the beach for snorkeling.

The setting was beautiful.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The only thing that failed to meet my expectation was the representative that we spoke to for events? Rentals, and tours seemed not very interested in assisting us. In addition, we found out later that she failed to provide us with requested information regarding boat rides. She could have been a bit more friendly, helpful, and more insightful about assuring that we were able to locate/purchase the activity and/or excursion we were super excited about experiencing.

We love the location! It was very safe and quiet. We spent about $140.00 US dollars on transportation to and from the airport to get to the hotel. This includes taxis, airport shuttles, and ferry tickets! However it was MUCH worth it! We celebrated our 1year wedding anniversary at one of the most beautiful hotels on the Caribbean! The hotel provided us with exceptional service! Armando was AMAZING! (The server) Edgar was very professional and sweet(The Director of Activities) The five star dinner was absolutely unforgettable! He superseeced our entire experience ! The food was ALWAYS fresh and the dock by the villas was the most beautiful and romantic scenery! We WILL BE BACK💜

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

Lots of flies in the food area which were crawling on the food and on tables. I attributed my severely upset stomach to this problem. Not great for a honeymoon! The staff were inconsistent, some seem inadequately trained, and some of them were not very friendly at all. Housekeeping inadequate. Examples - No coffee maker which took 24 hours to arrive following multiple requests at reception. Fridge advertised not adequately stocked. Had to wait 6 hours for some bottled water when I wasn't well, 24 hours for tissues when my husband wasn't well with a severe cold. When I called again to ask where they were, I was told that housekeeping had been over twice but nobody had answered the door! when I said that wasn't the case, they said we would have to wait til the next day as the person responsible had gone home. I found housekeeping myself the next morning and acquired tissues! Stopped serving drinks before 11pm on one occasion with no notice. Although the hotel is lovely, there is a lot of debris, bricks etc. just over the wall by the ocean, which gives an unkempt feel to the place Reception on 3 occasions very unhelpful with trying to get some change to leave tips for staff. For these reasons we don't believe this was good value for money and would be very unlikely to return. we had also tried to contact the hotel prior to arrival to ensure everything was in order because of other reviews we had read about rooms not being ready etc, but had no response.

The views were outstanding from our villa room. The food was varied and tasty. the proximity to the beach was excellent. Some very good waiting staff. The bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Cleanliness was an issue to start - they got better after we talked to management, the beach was covered in sea weed after a large storm and was not cleaned off completely all week. There is no hot water in the hotel so showers were brisk (luke warm). We did NOT get a king size bed the first night after I paid a $400 upgrade to ensure this. Staff were quick to address our concerns when they were able to.

Food was fantastic, staff were super hospitable, bed was comfortable, views were outstanding,

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

WiFi was very bad outside of the hotel area. Especially the Villas where we stayed no WiFi. (But if your unplugging that is good) I don,t drink but if I did I didn't like they had only one bar. I had to wait to even get a soda.

The Location was great. Having the Lagoon that separated the gulf from the bay was spectacular. Especially viewing some of the fish that would swim right up to you. Quiet & relaxing not over commercialized.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The pool is overrun with drunks, and it's a bit dirty. The snorkeling is great, but about 150 people a day were being dropped off to swim out front each afternoon. Overall, it felt like a mid-price experience not luxury.

Food: the dinner restaurant was excellent, but it's not open every night. Get the brisket. The fish tacos and Mexican food buffets were great. Beaches: they are gorgeous and it's easy to get a chair for the day. The rooms are nicely maintained, and the grounds are spotless and every inch is made for Instagram.

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The bar area could have been a bit nicer.

The beach area is beautiful, not great for snorkelling, but crystal clear. The ceviche restaurant for lunch is fabulous. All rooms have fantastic views, you can't go wrong Best hotel on the Island

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The room itself was a little shabby. Sometimes the food options were great other times it was just ok, not too much variety.

The lobby was beautiful and the beach area was lovely. Staff were friendly!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

the only nice thing of the hotel is the sea, all te rest is awful. very bad quality of food, and the structure seems like it needs a restyle. I do not recommend it better to stay in another hotel or house close to this area.

the beach is very very nice because of the beatiful sea.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Toilet would not flush all the time

Staff was very friendly & accomodating. Location was excellent. Activities in bar area were great ie. Dancers. Kayaking, biking. Bartenders were very nice & waitstaff was excellent. Housekeeping did wonderful job

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The facility was poorly equipped for the rain and there could have been more locations for eating meals. Our room leaked in the rain. They quickly accommodated us with a new room and a free romantic dinner. But a lot of the villas leaked and first floor rooms.

The location was amazing and the staff were very attentive and welcoming. The property was lovely and very private. Breakfast and lunch were great and dinner was good.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

They cancelled our reservation, because they overbooked. Had to move off property for the last three night. Buffet was the same every day. Dance night was old and Hispanic music, liquor was watered down. Location was great and wait staff was excellent. Front desk staff needs some direction on how to deal with difficult situations.

The beach was great.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Front desk staff were awful. Room not ready on time and 35 minutes to check in, plus a deposit of MXP 3,800 which wasn't mentioned before. Full of under age Americans drinking free booze. Room not made up every day.

Beach location

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

The closets in the room can use more shelves. The bathroom can benefit from a couple of hooks. The beach is too crowded at times.

The beach and the snorkeling. The interior decoration - amazing taste. Many pieces are works of art.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

we had booked a see view room and what we received was a room at 4th floor which was overlooking the garage. The sunbeds are old and not very comfy. The room is just basic, the bed is small. staff is unfriendly. definitely not a 4 star hotel

the food is great....

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

A la carte was not good for more than one sitting. Entertainment was minimal Villa lacked dresser & only mirror was in bathroom. Balcony could use a table. Grounds needed to be beautified with more plantings. It was not comparable to other 4* I've been to.

Location and snorkelling

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

Water pressure in room minimal, food in the buffet not particularly inspired, quality of wine available needs improvement.

Absolutely the most beautiful beach location, and ocean water, in the world, bar none! Truly a stay in a natural paradise, in a lovely laid back town with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops. Fabulous staff at the Mia Reef, could not have been more accommodating and helpful, always someone asking how they can help you or get you a drink. Management is working hard to upgrade the facility. The Villas are very nice, quiet and have beautiful views. Dinner in the fancier restaurant very nice. Fabulous fish tacos on the beach! Very easy and good snorkeling; impossible not to relax.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Superior Ocean Front Room

Location and drinks make up for what you pay for the all inclusive. But the food was AWFUL. Buffet style. Cheap. Same food everyday. Thankfully you could cross the bridge onto the island and visit numerous restaurants for food. "Renovated" rooms were very clean, but still very old with cracks,stains,cheap peeling furniture, dirty paint,rock hard beds. The greatest thing about the room was the balcony. Honestly tho, the weather and beach are so fantastic you really only sleep in the room and don't need it for much else. Check-in is EXACTLY when they say. I was 5mins early and had to wait awhile because a room wasn't ready. Only one choice included in all inclusive for food was very disappointing. I went for my birthday and traveled solo, and found that this was more of a couples/married atmosphere. Not a lot of kids which was great..but left you feeling a little left out. Very few activities day and night, but the few they had were cool.

The seperate location/beach/views/most of the staff/weather and all inclusive drinks you CANNOT beat for the price. BEST part of the experience. The bartenders both day and night were a lot of fun and so nice. Drinks were great. I found the staff outside to be nicer than the front desk or staff inside the hotel ,but overall nice and cheerful. Beach and water gorgeous and you are still close enough to cross to the island which was a fun experience. I traveled solo for my birthday and never once felt unsafe. Of course be aware of your surroundings...but not once did I feel worried or scared being alone.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Dinner at nice restaurant that they gave us tickets to was horrible. New menu and it wasn't good. Ate at buffet after.

Loved that the beaches were private and we could go into town so quickly and easily. Favorite was renting a golf cart and going around the island. Felt very safe.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

Not a true 4 star hotel and lots of basic errors. But they are headed in the right direction. If I had paid full price I would have been disappointed.

Great location and good value for money as it was a very discounted rate. Staff where nice and hotel grew on us every day.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

I am an early riser 4 am to 6 am, there was no hot water during this time. They have a 24 hour coffee cafe but the coffee was always cold at this time. They have a state of the art coffee maker but it is not tuned on until 7.

Bar staff was excellent! Activities director was excellent. Property is beautiful. Food is good. Fish shack is amazing. Service was great. They are in the process of updating everything.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Villa Ocean Front Suite

A little more action in the evening would make it perfect.

Like a dream, never have we had such a perfect view from our window and from every angle I'm the whole resort. The staff were fantasically helpful and kind.The food are drinks excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Deluxe Ocean View Room

It's A great place to spend few days but only few days. Beaches are nice but the real Mexico is far away. It is good for people how likes Hotels Resorts all-inclusive.

Browse Mia Reef Isla Mujeres Cancun All Inclusive Resort traveller photo gallery