Reviews of Ramada Plaza León 4 stars

Portal Bravo 14 Zona Centro, 37000 León, Mexico

#15 of 60 hotels in León

Old property, needs update, A/C central unit on top of building is noisy and we couldn’t sleep well because of that. We were on the top floor.

Location, parking in property

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything about this hotel impressed me and my friends.

The view to the park was amazing and the room was very nice. The hotel and garage personnel were extremely friendly and courteous.

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Would have preferred a view over the main square.

Location in the heart of the city is great. Most staff have little or no english but there were a couple who tried, just as we tried Spanish and we achieved our desired outcome.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Non Smoking

The room was dark and the window overlooked a concrete shaft of some sort. The beds were also quite firm. From the reviews, we expected a staff that would speak a bit of English but none had much at all. That's not a problem--just that prior reviews led us to a different conclusion.

The restaurant was very good: great service, good food. A tad pricey, but it was inside a hotel. If you want to be in the downtown area, this location is terrific. But Centro (unlike other Mexican towns) is not solely a historic district -- it was commercial.

Everything closes too early. We arrived at 1030 and had to leave hotel to find food.

The hotel was centrally located to the main plaza. Service was good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Suite - Non-Smoking

What I didn't like is that, I booked a suite and requested double beds with a sofa bed and at check in, we were given a regular suite with No sofa bed. The hotel had my reservation as a "Deluxe room" with two full size beds. I showed them my reservation booked as a suite. They told me that Booking.Com and their room description is different. I asked for a small roll away bed, which they did bring in at an extra fee. They couldn't move us to the bigger suite because the hotel was all booked. If you want the large suite with queen size beds and a sofa bed, you have to call booking. Com or call the hotel directly. it is what we were told. Writing it in, in the request section ( like I DID ) it is not enough and not a guarantee. Otherwise, we loved the hotel and would go back.

I liked the location. We could walk around, many places to eat and cafes. Lots to look at, shopping, churches, etc. The hotel was clean and up to date. The downstairs restaurant had a good buffet and the more formal restaurant upstairs was nice for dinner. Very romantic with a full view of the plaza.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

All of the above. Oh yes, the price was terrific, considering location. Walked out the door to Christmas activities in the plaza. Staff had my shuttle van ready to take me to the airport early in the morning. Excellent service. The beef carpaccio we had in the bar was delicious. Thanks to all. Allison Sullings, Vancouver

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed 4 nights in a expensive room, ate breakfast in the restaurant and supper and cocktails in casa Maria and one evening we came down to play a game of pool in the bar on the ground floor. We were told we couldn't play unless we buy a drink, I feel this is mean when you consider what we were spending - needless to say we didn't play. We packed on our last day went for breakfast leaving a tip in the envelope and our cases open for our toothbrushes. On our return, the bed was stripped, the tip was removed from envelope and it was left on the side. Most upsetting was my earrings and necklace had been stolen from the open case.

The location is excellent, fabulous view from our room. We had cocktails and supper one evening in casa Maria which was lovely.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My phone charger was accidentally taken when they picked up the sheets and in the evening when I noticed it was gone and that the front desk know they didn't look for it until the next morning after 9 AM and I got it back at 10 am after I insisted on the receptionist if she could please go look for it.

It is located directly in front of the plaza and cathedral and theater Juarez

The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The linens were synthetic and there was no cover on the comforter. Terrible lighting, no views or daylight in the room. Very institutional and sad! And far from the airport which was the reason I was in Leon.

Located on the Plaza which was lively and full of shopping. Good walkability. The only reason I stayed here was because they allow pets for an additional $200 MX.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Suite - Non-Smoking

One elevator didn't work to go down, very slow Wi-Fi, not enough outlets. We couldn't charge phones and other devices in dinning room area because there were no outlets. No hand towels.

Professional staff, great breakfast selection, great location, clean rooms.

The staff

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

numerous plumbing issues in bathroom

The location was the best in the city. The breakfast buffet had a great selection and was very good.

• Triple Room- Non Smoking

Wifi was very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Non Smoking

The hotel is old and not very clean. Didn't receive a great service from the staff.

The location. Staff at front desk were very nice.

No free breakfast no pool no fun

No respetaron mi reservaciin. ( cuarto co cama King Size )

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Non Smoking

Restaurant menu options for international traveler

View from balcony

Nothing everything was good

Everything was like I was expected, very nice staff, food and coffee was great

EVERYTHING...PARKING INCLUDED, BREAKFAST AND DRINKS REASONABLE PRICES.

• Triple Room- Non Smoking

The staff

The nice restaurant view

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

very good localization

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

very old, old instalations, you feel that owners do not invest in update the hotel to make customers more happy.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Smoking

All the personal there weren't real nice

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The windows did not lock.

Located in the heart of the town. Lots of shopping places and old churches to visit at walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Non Smoking

The beds are super comfortable and the size of the suite is good the location is perfect and the view👍

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the bed sheets. They were a little rough. I did not sleep well at night.

I liked that my car was safely parked and stored away.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Non Smoking

Continental breakfast would of been nice for free

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Servers at the restaurant downstairs were slow, not rude nor polite and consistently forgot to bring coffee, water, sugar, honey, tea or any extras that were requested or the main dish. It was very frustrating. The gym, which I was planning to use and went with every intention to use - was closed for maintenance. The problem was it was closed all of the days I was there. I ended up using the stairs and doing my exercises inside the hotel but the gym would have been more appropriate. The wifi did not consistently work.

Staff was very helpful and polite. The first night was very cold but we asked for blankets. Our stay was split in two and the first three days our shower had no warm water - it was either super hit or super cold. Our second set of three days was good. The room was warm and the shower worked. The room was somewhat an awkward set up but the beds and pillows were more comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

We got a terrible room - avoid the "Executive" Double Rooms unless you are on the tightest of budgets. First time this has happened to me using Booking.com

Location is excellent - on the gardens. Hotel has been refurbished recently.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

The room: Very loud. We heard all the voices and noises from the corridor. There was no air circulation at all. It was hot. We asked for a room with a view of the central place and we had a room without any view. We could see the interior stairs and it smelled bad when we opened the window. We just had two towels. No towels for the shower (feet) There was a coffee machine but without coffee.

The location of the hôtel, the kindness or the staff, the lobby

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

When reserved a room for 12/31/2015 we were told there was a free airport shuttle. When we checked in we asked for a free airport shuttle early the next morning and the desk clerk set it up. When we check out the next morning we were told to take two taxi's to the airport and that we had to pay for them - barely had enough pesos to do so (700 pesos). They should have told us the prior day when we set up the trip tp the airport that they had no shuttle and their booking.com ad should not list a free shuttle if it doesn't exist. Also they lost our reservation with booking.com, including early checkin request, and we barely got the two rooms that we'd reserved in Oct 2015. Would not go back to this Ramada and don't recommend that anyone else does either.

Location on plaza nice. Room large with view of plaza.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Bed was too hard and noisy machines outside (maybe air conditioners?)

Location and Casa Maria dining room and our waiter.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

Everything was good, bed,I don't watch TV, food great,

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

Our room had no AC

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Breakfast would have been nice

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

Everything was good

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Ramada Plaza León traveller photo gallery