Reviews of Hotel Kinbe 4 stars

Calle 10 Entre 5th y 1st Avenida, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Mexico

#75 of 191 hotels in Playa del Carmen

• Standard King Room

Even though the location is good, it is too close to all the clubs and the noise and the music is basically in the room with you. You can’t sleep or really rest. If you are looking for peace and quiet this is not the place at all. If you want to party this is definitely an excellent choice.

Price and location

• Standard Triple Room

My Family and I were very happy to for this holiday's! We did have a very bad experience in this hotel, the rooms are very small, they update me for a big one and charge much more, when they move us my mom very special sentimental gold chain with a pendant of the Maria the Virgen was lost or "stole", we did look every were and ask the cleaners and manager, they keep saying the found the bracelet under the bed but no the chain and they were all together :(.. we did not trust any more on them. They also have a bad communication between the staff, we were happy to the visit Xcaret and they confirm the night before we wake up early to be on time and at the last minute they say sorry they is not space for you guys. The place is also very noisy, no way you can sleep nice and quite. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL!

• Standard Triple Room

We booked a room for three and it was tiny. Space wasn't very wise. Bathroom was claustrophobic and the sink very uncomfortable. Could add some snacks for free or so.

Location was very convenient. Next to 5th Avenue. Swimming pool is cool although we didn't use it. We appreciated the kindness of the staff, they secured our big luggage while we were in Cozumel. Thank you!

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Had some power issues but this is normal considering all the power to run AC and charging devices on property Remember another country the power supply isn’t like states

I had a beautiful loft with patio super cute loved my stay

• loft with king size bed and sofa bed

The WiFi in the room was terrible, but worked just fine in the lobby and local restaurants when/if needed.

The room’s location exceeded our expectations. On the third floor with a view of the ocean. It had a ton of character, which is exactly what we were looking for and the location couldn’t have been more perfect; one block to the ocean and one block to 5th Avenue.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The shower floor is not flat since it is filled with stone pebbles. I think the design make the shower floor less slippery. But I don't feel comfortable to step on those stone pebbles with bare feet so I put on my rubber slippers when showering.

This hotel is on the side street of the busy Fifth Avenue and it is just a one-minute walk to the beach. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Room size is acceptable. Wifi is strong and consistent. Air conditioning is cool and comfortable. I heard some music noise at night but it did not disturb my sleep. It's difficult to choose a quiet place if you are staying close to the Fifth Avenue. There is a pool at this hotel and you can swim a bit since the Playa Carmen beach is rough for swimming at the time of my visit. This hotel is around 8 minutes walk from the ADO Turistica Terminal.

• Standard King Room

we had a room on the third floor and could hear the music from 5th avenue until 3a each night. but perhaps you don’t hear it on a lower floor as it’s quite upon entering

very clean and great location

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

The WiFi was poor and there were no breakfast (there are many great breakfast places around so not huge issue at all). Then there were no water one morning so we couldn’t take a shower before leaving to the tour - that was a bit frustrating.

The location was great - really close to everything though not noisy at all (at least in our room facing the pool). Really liked the balcony as well!

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

Stefania was an incredible host. She was very helpful and gave us tips on restaurants and things to see and do. The hotel is in an alley just off the main road, so it is very easy to go around and visit the city centre. Even if it was close to the main road, our room was very quite so it is perfect for anyone looking to stay close to where everything is, but is also looking for some quite. The hotel is clean and new and our room facing th swimming pool was very lovely. I would highly recommend it!

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Scuba dive school is next door and those guys are just having too much fun, i could not get my wife to do a deep dive with me this time

This is my second stay at Kimbe, me and my wife love this place, she says is strategically the best place, right infront wordenfull breakfast served by Tony and wife, few blocks from shopping malls, cocobongo, the ADO is the nice low cost transportation for the nice beach rides, and staff at Kimbe always do rigth for you, they are empatic and warm people all of them across.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The central location between beach and 5th avenue has its price with noice from the lively bars, restaurants etc nearby. This was mainly effecting room # 16.

We first had room #16 at second floor for 2 night, great terass with see view. Room is light with a big double bed. Nice bathroom. Last night we moved to room # 10, that was more like a single room, more quite location though. Staff is great, well organized, clean property, nice style with garden and pool. Safe boxes at room and the area feels safe.

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

WIFI was not available in the room

The staff is my highlight, especially at the front desk! The pool was awesome! The hotel‘s perfectly located at the 5th Ave. The service all day long was top! My room was very hip, the bed pretty comfy!

• Standard King Room

Lovely tranquil hotel set back just off 5th avenue. The room was quite basic but had everything you need and was very clean. The staff were super helpful and friendly, would definitely recommend!

• Standard King Room

Bedroom windows open into the courtyard and aren’t tinted so you could see straight into our room unless we had the blackouts closed (not pleasant in the morning trying to get ready with only artificial lights on)

Such a good location- didn’t even realize it until I was there. You can see the beach from the lobby doors (it’s literally a 30 second walk away) and we probably paid 1/2 of what the guys did with balconies overlooking it. The staff was so amazing and even let us check out late when I got sick. The indoor area is like a jungle oasis and you can barely hear the city noise that is just steps away.

• Standard King Room

Some construction going on, but hopefully that is temporary. It’s also a good economic sign of Playa!

So so cute and close to the best venues in Playa. Love the boutique style hotels. They give a unique experience to travel.

• Standard King Room

Kinbe is in a great location and is a very clean hotel, as well as being close to everything - the perfect spot to explore PDC from! Also a great team of staff - all super-helpful and friendly people!

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

No shower gel Just a mini bar soap

Super clean and comfortable room Great water pressure in shower Great staff Perfect location in playa Cozy beautiful hotel

• Standard King Room

The only thing I can mention is the lack of breakfast. However the hotel offers a coupon for a discount in a healthy/organic restaurant nearby. We went there for all our breakfasts.

I really liked the style of this hotel, that alone is worth the visit. The people at the reception are really nice and helpful. The position of this hotel is fantastic, central and basically next to the main walking street.

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

It would be really nice if there was a bellboy or someone that could take the bags up the stairs. We had quite a lot of luggage which was quite heavy and, since there is no elevator, it would have been nice to have someone to take them up the stairs for us. The Wifi is very weak on the second floor as well.

The bed and the bedding was super comfortable! The shower was lovely as well and the pool was very refreshing.

• loft with king size bed and sofa bed

There was an awful smell of sewage in the room, and even the open doors and windows not always help not to feel the smell. The place is very noisy, as right in the corner are the main night clubs, which are open till late night, and usually you can hear the music till 3-4am. If you are planning to sleep at nights, then definitely this is not the place for you.

The location is excellent, few steps from the restaurants, cafes and shops, and less than a minute walk to the beach. our room was a loft, with a balcony, so it was very nice. Though I noticed that the other ordinary type rooms, should always keep their curtains closed for their privacy, as all the rooms are visible from the stairs. The staff is awesome, very friendly, they will support you with every question.

• Standard King Room

There are 2 parts of the hotel, The deluxe part which has very big, nice rooms overlooking the pool and the more simple/basic part. We were not looking for a luxury accommodation when we decided to stay at Kinbe but I can say that the deluxe part was what we expected a 4 star hotel to be. That was the reason why we felt a bit disappointed. In the non-deluxe part, there was nowhere we could hang our wet clothes and the wifi was not very strong. Else we enjoyed our stay at Hotel Kinbe

We were a group of 4 people and it was our first time in Playa. We chose Kinbe hotel for the location and it was perfect. Easy walking distance to ADO bus terminal or the Cozumel Ferry, ideal for people who also want to experience more than just the beach. The staff were absolutely great! Very helpful and trying to find solutions to make our stay pleasant.

• Standard Triple Room

Loud music every night from 9pm to 4am.

Close to the beach and public bus. If you like to sleep during the day rather than at night this may be a good place for you.

• Standard King Room

It was small and very noisy Playa del Carmen has become too crowded and noisy. The hotel is in the middle of the crowded neighborhood. Even if we are young, it was too crowded and noisy. The pool is small and there is no breakfats at the hotel

It was close to restaurants and bars. It was clean

• Standard King Room

I was not satisfied with the check-out. My credit card was copied when check-in for "warranty", so I want to know whether they would destroy the copy after they confirm my room. I check-out at 6 am. The front desk staff at that time don't understand English and I felt he was not willing to help me with my question. So far, I still don't know if they destroy the copy of my credit card.

The staffs when I check-in were warm and helpful. They upgraded my room because I only stayed there for one night. I appreciate it.

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

Unfortunately for me, I was in Playa during an unusual (even for December, I was told) cold spell, and quite a bit of rain. A couple nights, locals were actually walking around the streets of town with blankets wrapped around them. (But everybody seemed to take the weather with good spirits, probably because there's so much to do there ... if you're not swimming, you do something else.) One warmer afternoon, after walking a lot, I used the pool once. But I never saw anyone else use it during my time there. That probably changes in the hotter, more humid months. Also, notice there's no elevator, if that matters to you. (I got there early in the morning and room of course wasn't ready yet so I left bag at desk and went to eat. When I came back, they'd carried my bag up to my room for me. Appreciated that.)

I was very impressed by the charming, friendly, and helpful people working there. Every encounter was very pleasant. I was happy with the location of the hotel, a short distance from the main walking promenade in town -- La Quinta -- and it's many restaurants, bars, and shops, and an equally short distance the other direction from a popular stretch of beach. The room was basic, but nicely designed, comfortable, and quiet enough for a good night's sleep. (I was on the third floor, with a balcony overlooking the small pool, and a bathroom window that looked out over Calle Ocho.) The bed was plenty comfortable. I stayed three nights and was sad to leave, but it was time to go explore Tulum.

• Standard King Room

It’s a bit noisy at night since it’s close to many clubs, so be ready for that; I guess this depends on the room you get as well. It didn’t stop me from from getting a good night sleep though.

The room was nice and clean, a great shower. It’s close to the beach and to the main street, lots of great bars and restaurants around. The pool and rooftop are a nice bonus. The internet works great too, and the staff were all very welcoming and helpful.

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

Shower in our room leaked onto the bathroom floor as shower floor did not slope towards the drain enough.

Great room, amazing location and super lovely staff! We would stay again!

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Personality Plus is what this gem of a hotel has. You feel the generations it has seen trees. plants. flowers....beautifully worn stair cases. The staff is warm welcoming and so eager to accommodate both within the hotel as well as local travel ideas. transportation options - restaurants you name it they are there to help. Can't wait to go back!!!!!

I liked everything.

Seems like a beautiful Oasis from your room. The rooftop patio was gorgeous. The staff was absolutely amazing. I'm sure I came off like a complete ass because of a mistake my bank had made, and I was still treated Beyond courteous. I spent three nights at the Grand Riviera princess resort and I can say hands down I had a much better time at this location with this staff in this lively part of the city.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

There was 1 receptionist that did not speak a word kd English. Bathroom stinks from the drain

Closeness to the beach, jungle ambient to hotel, comfortable beds, extremely nice and housekeeping, making our room super clean and even folded our clothes.

absolutely all prefect

I love the friendliness of the receptionists and of the manger Stefania. I had a problem with transportation and they really helped me a lot to fix it. Loved the room. Very clean. It was like being in a family. I would highly recommend it

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Our room had the the typical Playa Musty smell. In fact the smell is so bad that they have installed a lilac smelling vaporizer in the room. After one night all our clothes and possessions stunk like fake lilac. The bathroom door lock malfunctioned and I got locked in the bathroom, luckily my partner was in the room and used a credit card to jimmy-open the lock. We heard another guest with the same problem ? banging on his door at 3:00 a.m. trying to get help. The outside common halls are tile so you hear the late night revelers in high heels come through at all hours. The bathroom is tiny and has nowhere to place your toiletries. The shower is made of small pebbles = impossible to properly clean. Very hard uncomfortable small twin bed. We will not be returning to this hotel.

The front desk attendant was very friendly and spoke good English. Ice cold air conditioning. Nice garden and pool area. HOT shower.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The staff and management were really friendly and helpful. Thank you all for your service, we really enjoyed our stay. The location is great close to the beach, restaurants and travel to other locations.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

My wife and I came to Playa del Carmen for 3 nights and stay with Kinbe over the weekend. The place looks beautiful! Enrique was super helpful with recommendations and places to visit. Location is great for young party people since there's like 4 clubs a block away so that means it's loud over the weekends. But again great location since its up the street from the beach and a few steps away from Calle Quinta Avenida (5th Avenue) which is all your restaurants and shops. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family visiting PDC

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Didn't love that the bathroom didn't have much counter space.

I loved the look of this little boutique hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was small, but it was comfortable, and clean. The rooftop is awesome, the location perfection, and loved the little courtyard and pool.

• Standard King Room

The property is a very good one. Two minor aspects were the room size (not crammed, but pretty small) and the noise from a nearby club (not excessive, but might bother light sleepers).

Pretty much everything was great! From the location to the mini-bar (apparently not common to have one in this part of Mexico), this room & hotel had it all. A highlight for me was the staff behaviour - extremely helpful and friendly.

• Standard King Room

Not that it mattered too much, but the sky tv didn't work properly and for an hour or so on our last day we had no running water - but the hotel worked to fix that right away. Also, on check in we were told we had been upgraded - but when asked what that meant the staff member was not able to answer the question. They should probably stop saying that to people as from the reviews a few folk have mentioned that! For the money as well, I might have expected breakfast to be included in some way. These are all very minor points though and the positives far exceed the negatives. We would defo stay again.

The rooms and pool at this hotel are excellent, and staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Great service!

• Standard King Room

No breakfast at the hotel - they offered us a discount ticket for a place 2 mins away called 100% natural (nice but not cheap). The swimming pool is quite small (but very pretty) and there are only two chairs for the whole hotel.

Hotel Kinbe is a beautiful boutique hotel located in the heart of Playa Del Carmen. It's 2 mins only from the sea. The staff are very polite and helpful. It is next to the main street and all the restaurants and bars but quiet at the same time. Lovely place to stay.

• Standard Triple Room

This is a great hotel with a perfect location right in the center of the action. The hotel is very quiet and the staff very nice and accommodating. I have stayed at the Kinbe several times and shall do so again.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Difficult for finding a parking place. Internet sometimes doesn't work well.

Very nice location closed to the beach and a lot of choice of restaurants, bars and stores. Hotel staff are very kind and helpful for all kind of questions.

• Standard Triple Room

A few boards need repair on the stairway going to the roof. But this is not a complaint.

Everything's was great. I have stayed here 3 other times. I keep coming back because of the location, cost per night, the friendly staff. The rooms had everything I needed. Thanks, good times were has by all.

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Shower was cold unfortunately. Rooms are not really big, so i wouldn't recommend staying here for longer than 3 days. The rooms were really nice and comfortable though.

The Hotels garden and entrance is lovely and very inviting, the set up of the hotel is intimate and relaxed. It's in a side street and because of all the green in the garden you can escape the tourism in Playa del Carmen city center which I experienced as really positive. Not even a minute walk and you find yourself on the beach. Really nice hotel to stay in. I would definitely recommend it.

• Standard King Room

From the moment I got to the room, there was a strong smell coming from the bathroom (sewage like). In general, this may not be the hotel's doing (because infrastructure in general is lacking in the entire destination) however; paying this price one expects a clean and neutral/pleasant odour room. In fairness, the room was very nice and it is only the bathroom smell that took away from the experience.

Very good location.

• Standard King Room

The floor in the shower was a little uncomfortable on your feet.

After traveling for a few weeks now the. Ed and Kimberley was absolute heaven. The shower was nice and hot which we've been missing since on vacation. Perfect location so close to everything.

• Standard King Room

Marcelo was awesome in helping my friends and I book our tour and everyone was very accommodating. Being that I work in the hotel hospitality business I really appreciate them.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard King Room

A great hotel, but 2 main things were noteworthy and fixable (if management is interested). Wifi: all 3 network options were very weak in room 7, at times nonexistent. I had a solid signal on the other side of the hotel, at the pool. The bed: it is on a concrete slab, therefore it feels like you're sleeping on concrete. I don't normally complain about bed softness/hardness because I travel a lot and can get used to pretty much anything, but this was incredibly painful to sleep on. Adding a box spring or investing in softer mattresses to compensate for the concrete would help. This slab was longer than the mattress and stuck out about 6 inches to give it an elegant ledge at the foot. However, I clumsily hit my shin on it twice and had to just slide the mattress down to cover it up.

This hotel is near the action while still being quiet. I walked to everything, including the Walmart. The place is very pretty and the pool was quiet and relaxing. The room was clean and the staff was so kind and helpful. You leave your room key with the desk and get it when you return, but they have someone there 24 hours. Shampoo is provided as well as a hair dryer. Beach towels are available upon request. You'll want to wear sandals in the shower because the flooring is rocky. Beautiful, but a tad uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• loft with king size bed and sofa bed

The trash cans in bathroom could have been a tad bigger. No serious complaints

The property was at a good location,and the staff was helpful/friendly. Overall good experience.

• Standard Triple Room

All the staff in hotel kinbe was very helpful. Enrique and David at the front desk were excellent with us. Anything we need they provided. We appreciate their excellent customer service. Hotel location is the best! Everything very close. We enjoy our stay. We will came back to Kinbe! 😊

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Standard King Room

Me and my wife were there for our honeymoon. The staff really made us happy with service and the gestures. Apart from that, excellent location with very close proximity to the beach, several happening beach clubs and all the hustle bustle of Quinta avenida. In short a great value for money!

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

Kinbe is in the perfect spot between 5th ave and the beach - you could not ask for a better location! Far enough to not hear the music but close enough to walk there in minutes. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room itself was perfect, amazing bed, great shower, nice AC. Daily room service did a stellar job at cleaning. It was like a brand new room every night! We walked from the ADO bus station in 5-10 mins but there are no shortage of taxis around. All the common areas are very nice and kept very clean too. I highly recommend and will certainly try stay again if I return to Playa.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• loft with king size bed and sofa bed

Enrique on the front desk could not have been more helpful (thanks for the great tips on where the locals eat the best tacos in town and a quiet but incredibly beautiful cenote to visit), and the hotel is very stylish plus our room was lovely. The hotel is in a very convenient location but the downside of that is that it's in a busy part of town - if you are affected by noise then I'd suggest booking a room in the newer part of the hotel. Our room here was really comfortable, and incredibly quiet and peaceful and quiet too. Would definitely stay here again!

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The small room was dirty. I didn't like the rocks in the showers, hold more bacteria and was not very clean. Wish the toilet seat wasn't so close that when I sit I am touching he wall. I also didn't like how offset the toilet seat was.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Wifi didn't work well

Very hip hotel just off main walking street but area still quiet. Lovely internal garden. Roof top sitting area. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Perfect location -just a 50 m. to the Beach from one side, from the other just next to 5th ave with all shops, bars and restaurants. super helpfull Staff. Great choice of rooms -from well valued little cosy rooms to mini-apartments with own super-sized terrace and kitchen.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

My friend and I had an excellent stay at Kinbe, we loved it! Exceptionally clean, really friendly staff and a great location. The room and hotel were both beautiful and we would recommend to anyone coming to Playa de Carmen!

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

The room has a lot to improve, very low light at the bathroom, the closet isn't a good function and the wi-fi had lots of service discotactions.

Located close to evrything, mammitas beach is 15 min walk, great service and staff

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Standard Triple Room

I didn't like the tight bathroom space but was manageable. The bathroom had a funky sewer smell at different points but we opened the door to air out the room.

The location of the hotel was only one block from the beach and in the hub of the town life. You're far enough from the discos so you don't get nightlife noise. Service was phenomenal. Rooftop sunbathing was great. Everything is easy walking distance!

• Standard Triple Room

The website indicated that breakfast was available and the reason we booked this hotel. It was not obvious when I booked that there would be an extra charge. We had to go out for breakfast. Room #3 was very small and we had 2 double beds instead of a queen. Bathroom was very tiny and no room to leave out toiletries.

Our room was on the main floor, so no stairs to climb. The beds were very comfortable and the staff are very accommodating and ready to help.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The room is tiny the pictures only show their larger room but the website doesn't show the tiny room we were put on. The wifi didn't work the whole time and the ac made an awful noise

Location is great

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Yes my room was very small but it was described as a "pretty small room." And I'm really not upset about it. I suppose they didn't want to describe it as "teeny." One of the reviews I read about this hotel is if they have Dreadful coffee, and they definitely do! And I'm a guy who loves his morning coffee. Happily, they are right across the street from Starbucks.

The staff is really great very welcoming. The atmosphere in the building is incredible. It's literally like being in the jungle only without bugs or scary animals. The location is incredible; a block to the beach in a block to Avenida Quinta.

Although I have to actually try to find something worthy of critique here, the hotel could use some updates in the way of fixtures; bathrooms especially have seen better days and the bedrooms were very basic, although very comfortable. As with any place close to Avenida 5, you can expect some street noise. All in all, I would say that this is an excellent bargain, based on location and price, but it would be nice to see the owners reinvest into the décor...this place is certainly worth it.

The location is excellent, and just off of Avenida 5...very close to restaurants, bars and shopping; perhaps a block or so away from the beach. The best view is off the balcony of Room 13. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The design of the hotel is a stylish blend of rustic and contemporary. We stayed in the tropical-themed side of the hotel, which was quite lush and beautiful.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Loved the location of this place relative to everything else in Playa. The rooms were updated and the overall layout of the place was like a big treehouse. Great find and would book again if I went back.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• loft with king size bed and sofa bed

We are elderly and the pictures didn't show the beautiful but challenging room with a mezzanine reachable by a turning staircase and a low mansardé ceiling. The set up was very beautiful but difficult for us.

Friendly staff . Very helpful. Beautiful decor.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Standard Triple Room

I was in need of a place because I was getting very ill. The staff was very helpful. They allowed me to stay an extra night without dealing with things till the next day. They made me feel welcome and at home but I might have got someone sick in the process. :(

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

The place is a little run-down and it is small. It is noisy from night club nearby, metal stairway, old air condition, and construction people working. We paid over $200 for a normal room and I don't think it is worth it.

Centrally located and beautiful lobby. The hotel has a deal with the restaurant on the beach to use the lounge chairs.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The room was tiny and the bathroom stank of mold so much that the whole room smelled awful. The towels were stained though clean. The shower floor was pebbles that didn't seem to be easily cleanable. The clubs/bars nearby play very loud music until 3 or 4 am every evening in the high season and it's difficult to sleep.

Very close to the beach and restaurants. The staff are outstandingly friendly and helpful. If you are in Playa for the nightlife, you are in luck as there are a few clubs/bars nearby. The pool is gorgeous - clean and cool!!!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Standard Pretty Small Room

No parking lot, you have to find your own place to pro if you come by car. Internet didn't work.

Location, swimming pool small but nice, style is cool.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Standard King Room

First, the air conditioner wasn't working. My bf was suffering with nose cold, so we tried to keep it off while sleeping which wasn't possible. As reception is 24/7, a staff was kind enough to bring a broomstick to change the direction of airflow- but still we had to keep it on all night long with lowest temperature. Second, the room was VERY humid. Possible that it's different on upper floor rooms, but as ground floor residents (room 1) it was really not pleasant. Third, funky smell in the bathroom. Maybe because of the humidity combined with the poor sewage system. No windows in the room, so impossible to change air which was a very big minus.

It was in a very good location for 2 party nights- big clubs are all in 2 mins of walking distance, although playa del carmen is not big. Nice& kind staffs, always helpful with very fluent English.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Standard Pretty Small Room

The room was soooooo small and smelled like humidity all the time. It was always humid with or without the AC on and it smelled. The insonorisation wasn't top either. We could hear the clubs all night.

Cute hotel well located. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Standard Pretty Small Room

First of all the pool was in conctraction and it wasnt mention during the booking. When asked about it the answar was not clear and not satisffitieng. We really wanted a poom ant we were very very disapointing. The room is small aspaciely the bed compare to the price

The location was graet near the playa and the 5th avenue. The receptionst guy was totally halpfull, and very nice. The wifi in the room is good and the staying was plesent6

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Room with Pool View

Pool was under construction my entire stay (6 days), this was not mentioned while I made the booking and no discount was given due to missing facilities. Very loud and disruptive noise from the construction throughout the day. No hot water in the shower and very weak stream in the shower as well. No elevators or assistance to carry the luggage to the room. The safe with the key is not very comfortable, would be better to change to code based safes.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard King Room

The only thing is that the hotel does not have parking lot or any other option where to leave the car if you rent one.

Nice enviroment, very good location!!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• loft with king size bed and sofa bed

Staff were great. Bed was super comfy. Close to the beach and main strip - but still an easy walk to get out of tourist zone too. Also got a token to use a beach lounge for free... Perfect!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Standard Pretty Small Room

It was a really lovely little hotel! Everyone we spoke to there were really friendly and gave great advice about places to go and what to do in Playa. Our room was really nice and the shower room was unique and nice and clean! I would definitely go and stay there again

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Pretty Small Room

Rooms were a little smaller than what I expected. But all in all, still a very great hotel!

Great location, clean rooms with air conditioning, friendly staff!

Browse Hotel Kinbe traveller photo gallery